Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

I love how she has such a great insight on such an amazing character! I also love how much everyone including the writers adore and understand Felicity and how they're so invested in her character. It just means that their's less potential for screwing up where her character is concerned. And the fact that Emily loves Felicity so much probably means that she'll be sticking with Arrow for as long as possible which I'm happy about :')

It's refreshing to see EBRs and SAs passion for their characters. Maybe that's why they have such great chemistry? 

Edited by wonderwall

She's a Lauiver shipper and hates Olicity...you can tell by the #NOlicity.

Ah. I see. Makes sense now. I thought sister swapping was more of a soap storyline but what do I know? Sorry. That was a little catty! Oooops. 

She is also part of group who constantly spams the writers and EPs. 

Why would they do that? To what end? Wow. I'm so glad I'm not on twitter so I don't have to see this. I think it would drive me insane.

• Love 1

She is also part of group who constantly spams the writers and EPs.

Was she the one that was tweeting MG last season after the finale ratings came in claiming all the Olicity promotion drove the ratings down when in fact both demo & viewers were up from 222? I remember MG actually getting a bit snarky with that fan and another fan chimed in with the real ratings instead of her madeup numbers...LOL Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Was she the one that was tweeting MG last season after the finale ratings came in claiming all the Olicity promotion drove the ratings down when in fact both demo & viewers were up from 222? I remember MG actually getting a bit snarky with that fan and another fan chimed in with the real ratings instead of her madeup numbers...LOL

I loved that MG tweet because he basically told her why she was wrong in a snarky way without it coming off as mean-spirited.  I don't know why people try to tie individual episode ratings to the popularity of specific characters anyway--especially on a CW show since the episode airings are always so screwed up by sporting events.

It was definitely a shock for her, but it makes the way she looks at him… She loves him that much more. Like Tommy says [to Oliver] in Season 1, “You’re supposed to be with Laurel because you are who she thinks you are.” She loves him so much for [being Arrow], because he is doing good, and she’s a good-doer. - KC

Yeah, no. I've read this article before, but if that's why Laurel loves Oliver (because he's doing good) then she shouldn't really be with Oliver at all. She makes it seem like Laurel loves the vigilante more than the man himself. And the fact that she brought in Tommy to justify how Laurel feels is just terrible and undercuts her relationship with Tommy what Laurel went through because she 'lost' Tommy. And Laurel being a good-doer is just not right. I hope KC remembers that Laurel basically blackmailed people (to release Q and get her job back) not two episodes ago?

You get to see her stand up to disaster, or tragedy, or trauma, instead of hiding. Instead of being the “damsel in distress,” you get to see her fight back a bit and be a survivor and help protect other people. It’s a really nice layer for her.

The biggest lie. Laurel was a damsel for legit the entire finale. And Laurel did no protecting. She was more the protectee than the protector. Then again, no one really cared that Laurel was in danger except for Quentin so...

KC just doesn't give good interviews. Hers lacks insight and depth on the show and even her character which is a shame. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2

http://tvline.com/2014/05/06/arrow-season-2-preview-katie-cassidy-laurel-oliver-canary-finale/

KC interview from May 06 regarding BC and her role in TA.

This was interesting to read because I missed this the first time round but what she says and what we saw onscreen are two very different things so I'm kind of confused there. From what I remember, she barely interacted with Oliver as the Arrow and she spent most of it as a 'damsel in distress.' Are there missing scenes? There must be.

It's interesting that she says Laurel loves Oliver more because he's the Arrow. Does the strength of her love depend on him being the Arrow?

Also, I thought the 'Laurel's smitten by her. She thinks she's pretty incredible' quote about Sara pretty much sums up the direction of her character this coming season and the questions of identity. I know there was some discussion about Laurel's path to BC and this, to me, hints at that. Laurel wants to be like her sister because she wants to be incredible too. If she's going to be BC I would have preferred a better origin story than wanting to be like her sister.

She usually posts things like this (dont know why these things appear on m timeline  :():

BwidlvGIMAAO9s2.jpg

Wow. I wonder if they'd be saying the same thing if Olicity wasn't a factor.

Edited by Angel12d

It was definitely a shock for her, but it makes the way she looks at him… She loves him that much more. Like Tommy says [to Oliver] in Season 1, “You’re supposed to be with Laurel because you are who she thinks you are.” She loves him so much for [being Arrow], because he is doing good, and she’s a good-doer.

That whole quote confuses me.  When Tommy was talking to Oliver about Laurel loving him if she knew he was the Arrow, it never made sense to me to begin with. At that point in the story Oliver was a killer, he wasn't anyone to look up to. Even Laurel admitted that, Tommy reaffirmed it and Olivers actions backed it all up. I could understand her loving him more now that he's sworn not to kill anymore but she doesn't know that's what he's done. She doesn't know why the Arrow has stopped killing (because of Tommy). She hasn't had any kind of conversation about why he even wants to put on the hood and do these things.

Compare that will Felicity, who doesn't know everything that has happened to Oliver on the island and afterwards but she does know about Slade and Shado, she knows why Oliver stopped killing and why he tries so hard to find another way. She and Diggle are the ones that got him looking beyond his book of baddies to start doing good things for the city to begin with.  She's also the one that has seen him struggle to uphold his new goal.

Laurel is just projecting anything she wants on Oliver if she sees him as a "good-doer".

Ugh every interview she does just confirms my belief that she has a profound disconnect with her character.

• Love 3

That whole quote confuses me.  When Tommy was talking to Oliver about Laurel loving him if she knew he was the Arrow, it never made sense to me to begin with. At that point in the story Oliver was a killer, he wasn't anyone to look up to. Even Laurel admitted that, Tommy reaffirmed it and Olivers actions backed it all up. I could understand her loving him more now that he's sworn not to kill anymore but she doesn't know that's what he's done. She doesn't know why the Arrow has stopped killing (because of Tommy). She hasn't had any kind of conversation about why he even wants to put on the hood and do these things.

[snip]

Laurel is just projecting anything she wants on Oliver if she sees him as a "good-doer".

Or KC is because Oliver is the hero of the story.

I think when Tommy told Laurel that she would love him is she knew he was the Arrow, maybe he had reconciled a bit with Oliver by that point. Or maybe he just knew that Laurel was fickle and would go for the guy with the higher status and the bigger bucks.

That's a pretty funny picture of Oliver, Laurel, Felicity and Diggle that accompanies the article.  Oliver, Diggle and Laurel are looking off into the city; Felicity is on her mobile doing real work gathering information. 

It's interesting that she says Laurel loves Oliver more because he's the Arrow. Does the strength of her love depend on him being the Arrow?

Also, I thought the 'Laurel's smitten by her. She thinks she's pretty incredible' quote about Sara pretty much sums up the direction of her character this coming season and the questions of identity. I know there was some discussion about Laurel's path to BC and this, to me, hints at that. Laurel wants to be like her sister because she wants to be incredible too. If she's going to be BC I would have preferred a better origin story than wanting to be like her sister.

Maybe the strength of Laurel's love depends on him being a hero. She certainly was nasty to him when she thought that Oliver was still a douche and the Hood was a killer.

I guess that the EPs did talk to KC about Laurel next season if she's suddenly smitten by Sara a month after throwing her glass at the door and kicking Sara out of her apartment.

TVLINE | Will the very final scene serve up one last little stinger before we go into summer?

I think the fans will be very happy!

That's kind of a weird thing to say, considering the last scene was pure Olicity on Lian Yu.  Maybe she meant Laurel's last scene instead?

Edited by statsgirl

It's cool to think that Oliver and Digg can't even start doing their job until Felicity finishes hers. They're so dependent on her and the information she gives him and it totally gives Felicity's character weight and importance. She's definitely not the flat character who only gives puppy dog eyes at Oliver. 

• Love 1

That's kind of a weird thing to say, considering the last scene was pure Olicity on Lian Yu.  Maybe she meant Laurel's last scene instead?

The very last scene was Oliver waking up in Hong Kong, so maybe that? I know I was ecstatic to see him finally rid of Lian Yu (at least for a little bit).

• Love 1

Oh jeez if they have Laurel show up in Hong Kong whilst Oliver is there, I might have to barf. I mean what other tidbit for Laurel is there when the final scene doesnt even feature her.  That's really weird.

Edited by catrox14
It's cool to think that Oliver and Digg can't even start doing their job until Felicity finishes hers.

That's something that wouldn't sit well with me actually...I prefer it when Felicity makes their job easier...not possible. Meaning they could still do what needs to be done..but it's harder.

In somewhat-connected-to-Arrow news, Laurel Brown (on Twitter as DocBrown_TV) covers "Arrow" for Zap2It is apparently leaving (or has left, as of today). But she started her own TV website called DocBrown TV. I like her "Arrow" coverage, she's fair and spreads the love around. Anyway, she tweeted about her website yesterday: "For the #Arrow fans specifically -- check out the "error" page on if you want an itty-bitty laugh. @CW_Arrow" :)

News and Media are articles about the show; I'm seeing a lot of spoiler and speculation discussion going on here. If you do post spoilers in here, they will need to be spoiler tag; if you want to discuss them further, you need to take it to the appropriate topic (Relationships, Spoilers, etc). Thanks to those of you who are doing this, and just a friendly reminder before we go too far off topic in here.

Buzzfeed community made a little gif piece on how excited they are for season 3 of Arrow! Its basically an ode to Olicity

http://www.buzzfeed.com/zakiyaziggyj/20-reasons-why-the-new-arrow-season-cant-come-soo-94d6

So I've been trying to keep myself mostly spoiler-free for this new episode, but this little countdown kind of blew that out of the water. (Basically, I break all my rules for Olicity.) At this point the second episode of the season can't get here soon enough -- I need to get this season-opener out of the way so I can settle in for the long haul of the season before Oliver's little smiles everywhere squeeze my heart into a million tiny pieces.

• Love 2

The promo shots?

If you look at the Promo shots for TVD, esp season 4 they had clues to the overall arc of the characters. Smallville also pairied off some characters to indicate storylines that crossed over

Edited by 10Eleven12

Saw this at the end of the TV Line post about the new Arrow promo:

"Does anyone else kind of hope that the season-opening date/”date” is the sum total of “Olicity” teasing that the show does in the near future? Are you surprised they’re going there “already”? Discuss." And then later on, Matt Webb Mitovich adds: "No, I believe it’s a legitimate question we need to start asking. Is “Olicity” the storyline that Arrow deserves, or the one it needs right now?"

I was taken aback when I read this and not surprised when the nasty comments about Olicity started pouring in.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva

Headline from the Starling City Post:  Media Thread Veering off Topic at High Speeds!  Officials Concerned!

News and Media are articles belong in this thread.  Spoilers, speculations, relationships discussions have their own thread, and have been moved.

A big thank you to all who are staying on topic, and a reminder to those who aren't.

• Love 1

I think they were waiting for Ra'as al Ghul to be casted who joined the cast last week. They must have done the photo shoot with him and must now be working on post production and stuff hence the delay. They still have 4 weeks to go.

Lol the Arrow PR guys need to really step up their game lol. The only thing posted on the Arrow facebook page were the covers of Flash & Arrow tie in comics. Seriously if you say you gonna post the poster, post the poster. *sigh* 

• Love 3

It makes me wonder if it ran into issues. Maybe something about it wasn't approved? I mean, if they thought it was going to be yesterday and now they're saying next week, maybe it's being reworked?

ETA: Btw, who is Suzanne Gomez? Does she work for the CW?

Edited by Starfish35