Type keyword(s) to search

Wheel Of Fortune - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Not that I know anything, but I sort of got the "on the spectrum" feeling from both of those young men - the one who guessed the puzzle with one letter, as well as the one who demanded to know where his vacation would be.  And they both made it to the bonus puzzle, but with VERY different results.  The kid last night tried to solve one puzzle with "Daytona Beach, Georgia", and then the bonus round was super obviously "Just Kidding", but he guessed "Just Bidding" and then gave up like it was hopeless. Frustrating to watch!

The crossword puzzles are an interesting idea. Weird that they're being introduced at the end of the season though.

Why is this forum so dead when the Jeopardy one is so active? Don't most people watch both shows?

6 hours ago, TeeVeeStevie said:

Why is this forum so dead when the Jeopardy one is so active? Don't most people watch both shows?

I think there's more 'meat' in Jeopardy...people like to post what they got and what they missed.  Not sure why LOL.  And I think you get to "know" the contestants better on Jeopardy so there's much more opportunity for snark.  

I watch America's Game! mostly for Pat Sajak - he's like a palate-cleanser after the stiff, know-it-allness of Alex Trebek.  Sajak is so effortlessly charming and self-deprecating.  Comparing Trebek's contestant interviews with Sajak's is like night and day.

• Love 1

The crossword puzzles are an interesting idea. Weird that they're being introduced at the end of the season though.

I was wondering if the crossword category was something that was tried and abandoned in earlier taped episodes and that's why they left them for late in the season, or if it's something that's going to carry over to next season.

I like Pat's hosting, too, I just know not to follow him on Twitter.  At least he's not as bad as Chuck Woolerly on there.

12 hours ago, TeeVeeStevie said:

When I first saw the crossword puzzle I was like, "Um, Chuck ain't gonna like this!". LOL!! I'm sure Chuck over it by now. I mean it's been 35 years or more by now, right? That said, it's an interesting twist and it is odd they are doing it late in the season. I'm waiting for the first person to get tripped up on it by reading it across too fast before reading it down second or vice versa. Personally, I want them to get away from the $33,000 wedge in the Bonus Round. It's so uneventful. Even the contestants don't seem that thrilled about it.

• Love 1

Tonight Prize Puzzle....guy has a the Million Dollar Wedge....this is what is left in the puzzle...

_OST_ARDS

FROM A

FARAWAY LAND

He guesses the letter H? Really???? The next contestant guesses without any money and wins the trip to Thailand. I'm just shaking my head. How in the heck did this guy get on this show? Seriously?! He didn't know the word was POSTCARDS? There are just no words. Well, there are but he didn't know them. OMG!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Tonight Prize Puzzle....guy has a the Million Dollar Wedge....this is what is left in the puzzle...

_OST_ARDS

FROM A

FARAWAY LAND

He guess the letter H? Really???? The next contestant guesses without any money and wins the trip to Thailand. I'm just shaking my head. How in the heck did this guy get on this show? Seriously?! He didn't know the word was POSTCARDS? There are just no words. Well, there are but he didn't know them. OMG!!!

Seriously.  How did he get on the show in the first place?  What a doofus!

Nobody...   Guess they needed to save on the budget so made it so nobody could guess it.

BTW, any idea what kind of car that is on stage this week?  I can't identify the make/model but it is kind of a weird shape.

• Love 1

One of them bugged me tonight.  The phrase was either redundant or just poorly worded.  "Its a win-win for everyone" 

A "win-win" is generally just two people involved, or two groups, and they both win.  You don't need to throw in "everyone". 

It should be "Its a win-win" or "Its a win for everyone", not "Its a win-win for everyone". 

• Love 1

But isn't the commonly known expression "It's a win-win for everyone?"  That is the only way I have ever heard the expression, exactly those words.

Found it funny that Pat passed along that Vanna was shocked that he had never been to Spain.  Guess when you make millions a year for doing virtually nothing important you can gallivant all over the globe.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, cinsays said:

But isn't the commonly known expression "It's a win-win for everyone?"  That is the only way I have ever heard the expression, exactly those words.

Found it funny that Pat passed along that Vanna was shocked that he had never been to Spain.  Guess when you make millions a year for doing virtually nothing important you can gallivant all over the globe.

and, she seemed shocked that he was shocked. It was the first time I'd ever seen them slightly (but not really) uncomfortable with each other. Like, how could you say that to me! LOL!!!!

Another thing that has been bugging me this week with the couples.

I found it annoying at first that they all mentioned their kids and what kind of Disney stuff they are into right now.  Then I realized its likely they are told to say those things, as a plug for Disney during the show. 

Now I find it even more annoying. 

• Love 2

I love best teen friends weeks, for so many reasons.  Last night there was a pair of girls who said they've never had a fight in all the years they've been friends because they are "pretty unemotional".  L O L.

Well, unless the show snuck her answers, no cheating, just a strange coincidence.  Not many people called Monument, so that was strange, but the missing letters kind of fit.

Anyway, on a shallow note,  loved the gal that gave the Monument of History response's hair.  Not that that matters to anybody, just glad to see someone without those extremely long, obvious extensions that seem to be on most of the contestants lately. 

I don't think Pat or Vanna would want to jeopardize the easy gig they've got by going along with cheating.  Where else can a woman get paraded around in beautiful gowns and all she has to do is touch places on a board and do a few basic poses and make millions a year to do it.

A male contestant tonight on Wheel of Fortune had to solve this:

A STREETCAR NA_ED DESIRE

He then asked for a K.

Yup! He did this with a straight face. Please kill me now. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 4

That was a good one but my all time favorite is still LINGUINE WITH RED CLA_ SAUCE. The response given was linguine with red CLAW sauce. Seriously. I'd never live down a humiliation like that or last nights.

Here is one of the most epic fail(s) of Wheel of Fortune. This are hysterical and I would be totally mortified afterward. I know there are worse things in life but I think I would die of embarrassment. Take this guy for example. I would literally die:

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, ByaNose said:

A male contestant tonight on Wheel of Fortune had to solve this:

A STREETCAR NA_ED DESIRE

He then asked for a K.

Yup! He did this with a straight face. Please kill me now. 

I saw that, can't believe he thought it was naked instead of named

He then missed the second puzzle as well with one letter left, but that one was more legitimate.  He said Picket instead of Wicket for Sticky (blank).

But he will never live down A Streetcar naked desires. 

Apparently so. Now they have a new giveaway promotion where if a contestant wins the $10,000 wedge in the mystery round they'll announce a viewer's spin ID, who also wins 10K.  Then just like before, that person has 24 hours to claim their prize. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Final puzzle.

STICK THE LANDING.

WTF is that?

I think it's a term used in gymnastics. I've heard announcers use it a lot during the Olympics. 

Means hitting your landing spot perfectly without wobbling off.

Edited by Miss Chevious
Removed extra letter.
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

I think it's a term used in gymnastics. I've heard announcers use it a lot during the Olympics. 

Means hitting your landing spot perfectly without wobbling off.

I guess. It’s so random but it’s a phrase. The 2 other contestants were rather bewildered. They were still discussing it when Pat went to the winner who solved it. 

The guy Leaf today was soooo fucking annoying. But I cannot tweet about Wheel of Fortune ever again. Every time I tweet anything even mildly negative about a Wheel of Fortune contestant, a bunch of insane trolls come out of the woodwork and berate the SHIT out of you. Like, they will reply to every "hater" under the hashtag, and it is truly horrifying. I don't know why they *care* so much.

• Love 1

Wow! Someone with the million dollar wedge actually picked the million dollar prize card. Too bad they didn't solve the puzzle, although if they did, Papi probably would have had a heart attack. Since they solved half of the puzzle, shouldn't they get half a million? ; ) 

• Love 2

Wow! Someone with the million dollar wedge actually picked the million dollar prize card. Too bad they didn't solve the puzzle, although if they did, Papi probably would have had a heart attack. Since they solved half of the puzzle, shouldn't they get half a million? ; ) 

Very rarely watch this, but after watching Jeopardy last night we decided to tune in and wanted to see what happened with the million dollar wedge.  "BAKED ZUCCHINI" ?!?!  I could see ZUCCHINI BREAD, but I've never heard anyone refer to or make "baked zucchini" in my life.

I felt so bad for them, and as Pat Sajak said, "I don't know what to say." 

• Love 2