Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

Yeah, take a look at the pics in the DM piece.  Any of Carole with Carolyn?  Nope.  But there's one of her & John-John.  Uh, where do ya think DM got that?  My guess is Carole gave it to Bethenny, who gave it to her PR girls.  

Oh, I bet Bethenny barked out orders to those PR girls -- Keep Carole's 20 year old Kennedy connection alive!  That's the only reason fame-ho Bethenny would keep Carole near her.  She can always find a suck-up follower.  But a suck-up follower with a Kennedy connection?  Hmmmm.

38 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Yeah, take a look at the pics in the DM piece.  Any of Carole with Carolyn?  Nope.  But there's one of her & John-John.  Uh, where do ya think DM got that?  My guess is Carole gave it to Bethenny, who gave it to her PR girls.  

Oh, I bet Bethenny barked out orders to those PR girls -- Keep Carole's 20 year old Kennedy connection alive!  That's the only reason fame-ho Bethenny would keep Carole near her.  She can always find a suck-up follower.  But a suck-up follower with a Kennedy connection?  Hmmmm.

That photo appears to have been taken by the paps, so if B's minions obtained it, it was probably from the agency (and Carole looks so cute in that photo, that hair length is great on her!).  I have no idea whether Carole and Carolyn were friends, but I find the participation in this documentary (which likely isn't something JFK Jr.'s sister is cooperating with) disturbing. 

But the documentary also looks like a whitewash - note the article says the crash was caused "by the conditions that evening" where one automatic system gave a wrong weather forecast, showing 9 mile visibility.  But I recall (and it's sad I recall) that the official cause of the crash was pilot error - JFK Jr was NOT instrument-rated, and he should not have been flying at night without another pilot.  There's no 9 mile visibility over the ocean at night, so regardless of the forecast, he shouldn't have been flying. 

I'm also a bit surprised that Carole is saying she kept telling someone else to contact JFK Jr.'s family - didn't she have a contact?  She's also very quick to say she notified the authorities, yet the FAA was already aware the plane hadn't landed (of course, they likely didn't know who the pilot was).

• Love 2

Her participation in this documentary or special (or whatever it is) is for her own purposes and self-promotion.  It's distasteful & just plain icky.  That it winds up as a piece in Daily Mail?  Ew.  Seriously . . . ew.  Actually, it seems very much Bethenny's style.  But I guess it's now Carole's too -- or pretty much anyone employed by Bravo, eh?

Carole does look rather cute in the old pic.  Unfortunately for her, it only accentuates how she's overdoing whatever it is she's doing to her face now.  She looks terrible in current pics.  Don't know if she merely looks bad in these pics or if it was a case of over-botoxing & it may have eased up.

Now, if that John-John special had Sonja talking about partying on a yacht with him & Madonna, I might just take a look. But I doubt it would wind up as a piece in DM.  Bethenny wouldn't have her PR girls work overtime (or at all) for Sonja.  That's for suck-up followers with real (altho ancient) Kennedy connections only.

1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I think those same photos are in her book, WR, and there are a few of her/CBK (although it has been said by many that knew her that CBK did not like to have her picture taken, ever) together in the book as well. I am sure that the producers of the JFK special contacted Carole on their own, she didn't need Bethenny to do that for her. After all, Carole and Anthony were staying the summer at JFK Jr's home that summer as Anthony was dying and wanted to be near/on the beach.

• Love 1

Oh, I'm just kidding around about Bethenny's involvement in this.  No, this is ALL on Carole.  She's taking what should be nice, beautiful and even sweet memories -- and exploiting them.  It's gross.  I've never thought of Lu as anything other than a classless, nasty lowball hustler.  But Carole is right down there in the gutter with her.  And she's deluding herself if she doesn't know that.

• Love 2

One thing that was said repeatedly was how much CBK hated the press but here once again is her supposed best friend trotting out events that happened 20 years ago.  She's also gone on not one but two psychic shows trying to reconnect. BTW I've yet to see pictures of these two best friends together, I've seen pics of CBK with her sisters and other friends but not one with Carole. 

Also, everyone seems to give her this free pass because of things that happened in her past but I've known people who've gone through worse and don't milk it and don't have millions of dollars to help them through their "grief"

I've mentioned this before, but I doubt she's bullshitting about being friends. I'm sure someone from Carolyn's family would've came forward after all this time and told Carole to keep Carolyn's name out of her mouth if it weren't true. Or, there would've been a cease and desist letter sent, at least. 

As for the lack of pictures, I'll write that off as being a different time (90s) when people didn't take constant selfies and snap pics of any and every thing. 

However, I do think it's time for her to give it a rest, publicly. She already wrote the book, which I enjoyed, and discussed it on the show. The psychic stuff and now this special comes across as gimmicky. 

I go back and forth on Carole. She got on my nerves when she debuted, but then I softened towards her when I read What Remains. Then she started bugging me again with this silly ass feud with Luann. She isn't my favorite, but not the one I dislike the most, either.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 6
On March 6, 2017 at 3:22 PM, ryebread said:

I'm not sure she was.  I'm not trying to take anything away from Carole's accomplishments.  But my ex was a producer with HBO, back in the day.  He was never *in charge* of anything, really.  Maybe for the small stuff but there were executive producers and directors that were the ones in charge.  He also won an Emmy.  Like Carole, it was a whole group of them that won Emmys for a single special that they produced together.  So, he can say he won an Emmy, but it's not like he did it all by himself.

Also, like Carole, he's no longer employed in that field.  He's a travel agent.  But he holds on to those days of when he was an Emmy Winning Producer at HBO.  I can't say I blame him but I have a feeling Carole has trumped up her position and value at ABC, just like my ex always did at HBO.

ryebread! You haven't been on the BH forum this season.

This is very interesting insight.

Still, I think it's scary that Carole would have ever even been tasked with any duties whatsoever in news production that might have equaled the responsibility of a social media intern.

Because, well, her Twitter derangement, obviously.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, lunastartron said:

This is very interesting insight.

Still, I think it's scary that Carole would have ever even been tasked with any duties whatsoever in news production that might have equaled the responsibility of a social media intern.

Because, well, her Twitter derangement, obviously.

I imagine that much like Andy, when Carole worked in news both she and Andy were much different people. Additionally as a news person, Carole's rage about the Trump administration would have had an outlet in...news stories, investigations, and exposes. As a private citizen, her outlet is impotent twitter rage. The real problem with Carole is that she's directionless. She has no overriding passion for anything. If she feels passionate about the abridging of reproductive rights, she has the freedom and connections to explore those interests. Or sex trafficking. Or immigration. Or voting rights. Or whatever.  Additionally, this show has been really light on charitable interests.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 8

I did not think I could despise  this demented harpy more than I already did but to hear that her new arch this season is unceasing rants against my President just brings me to a new level of vitriol.

Does that mean that the threads on NY will be full of political talk?

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

I did not think I could despise  this demented harpy more than I already did but to hear that her new arch this season is unceasing rants against my President just brings me to a new level of vitriol.

I love you. come sit by me.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Yeah, I don't think politics has any place in the RH shows.  We (some of us) are entertained by these shows because of the lack of awareness and general aloofness, if not complete ignorance of these ladies women about life in general. Being bombarded with political opinions about a volatile situation that's already been decided, by people who many here have deemed not entirely credible or in touch with reality (when's that reluctant vegan cookbook coming out?) is not, imo, entertaining...unless she's vehemently supporting Bill the Cat for president.

• Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Yeah, I don't think politics has any place in the RH shows.  We (some of us) are entertained by these shows because of the lack of awareness and general aloofness, if not complete ignorance of these ladies women about life in general. Being bombarded with political opinions about a volatile situation that's already been decided, by people who many here have deemed not entirely credible or in touch with reality (when's that reluctant vegan cookbook coming out?) is not, imo, entertaining...unless she's vehemently supporting Bill the Cat for president.

It's never coming out. It was shelved last season because a "celebrated, best-selling author" can't even transcribe Chef Boy R(eal) D(umb)'s recipes even though Teresa from RHNJ has like three cookbooks and various other HW's have penned books.

Also, if she does write the cookbook then what hold will she have over Adam? Her devastatingly good looks and witty conversational skills? If she had been the housekeeper instead of a guest would man-bun have looked at her twice? He seems like this prize she won and flaunts like having a younger boyfriend makes her better (hotter) than the other housewives.

Her rants on Twitter are juvenile, she cannot have a real argument she just says shut up and blocks people. I'm sure she had a ghostwriter for her first book. It's also ridiculous how she holds herself up as an intellectual but needs constant validation and posts topless pictures (but condemns other women who have done nudes) and pics of her ass on IG with the hashtag ass by god or some egotistical bullshit.

ETA: Thank you SweetieDarling! I had all but forgotten about Bill the Cat!!!! :)

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

It's never coming out. It was shelved last season because a "celebrated, best-selling author" can't even transcribe Chef Boy R(eal) D(umb)'s recipes even though Teresa from RHNJ has like three cookbooks and various other HW's have penned books.

Also, if she does write the cookbook then what hold will she have over Adam? Her devastatingly good looks and witty conversational skills? If she had been the housekeeper instead of a guest would man-bun have looked at her twice? He seems like this prize she won and flaunts like having a younger boyfriend makes her better (hotter) than the other housewives.

Her rants on Twitter are juvenile, she cannot have a real argument she just says shut up and blocks people. I'm sure she had a ghostwriter for her first book. It's also ridiculous how she holds herself up as an intellectual but needs constant validation and posts topless pictures (but condemns other women who have done nudes) and pics of her ass on IG with the hashtag ass by god or some egotistical bullshit.

ETA: Thank you SweetieDarling! I had all but forgotten about Bill the Cat!!!! :)

You forgot her ability to balance her flat and odd shaped ass she thinks is so great looking it could cure cancer between the handbars of his bike.  I don't follow her social media at all, but I do remember that when she started getting flack mid season the one year it seemed like she and her "I hate attention but I date a famewhore online no problem" serious salad spinner started playing discarded Old Navy ad campaigns quite heavy for the tabs and their social media.   Considering that even among strong progressives viewers there seems to be a pushback on her political posturing just out of weariness on the whole matter.  And I also think there might be some confusion on her rabidity after she giggles and made what she thought were adorable faces on how confused she was on the whole 99% protests despite the fact that when she filmed that scene the protests were slowing down and had been headlines pretty much everywhere for a couple of weeks.  People change.  But famewhores seem, in my opinion, to always play a role that gets them attention.  So after her introduction as a socio-cultural simpleton that she played hard, it is difficult for me to find her as credible on the current political scene as I suspect she wants me to buy into.   If she is able to actually show anything but a "look at me" approach to the current socio-political scene I'll be happy but I don't think she has that in her.  In an odd way, taking this stance she seems to (thanks to what is posted here mind you) seems more reactionary while trying to pretend to activism.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Here's the thing about the cookbook, Adam has never really given the impression that he wanted to write a cookbook. Carole shouldn't be transcribing his recipes. Carole doesn't cook and she's not a cookbook writer or editor. Additionally, Adam should already have a bunch of written recipes. In actuality, Adam should be responsible for at least 90% of the content of the book. The fact that he hasn't produced his recipes nor was he ever seen pressuring Carole to get on the ball with her part, tells me that he wasn't invested in the book. 

I really feel like he's far more invested in his farm in Panama than being a chef. I've never seen someone post so many pictures of food with so few recipes. 

Carole on the other hand has no decent or productive outlet for her concerns so it starts shooting out at the seams in crazy and disquieting ways.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm not sure if Adam looked disappointed or relieved that the cookbook was a no go.  I thought his food was pretty at first now it all looks like the same thing over and over with a different dressing.

Carole is an idiot of the highest order. She had the audacity to giggle and ask if she was part of the 1% when she decided to sight see at the Occupy Wall Street event a few seasons ago.  People were losing homes left and right and she thinks it's a joke.

She's crying over the election this season but how involved was she actually, besides insulting Trump voters left and right with no argument except to say "you're stupid and blocked"?  You don't win friends or influence people by insulting them, you need to give them valid points and examples of why they are making the wrong choice. I can't imagine her being able to hold her own at any round table discussion and even with the ability to choose her words she can't write either ( first book: ghostwriter for sure)

My boss drove elderly people back and forth to polling places, there was a family (grandmother, mom, dad and baby in the stroller) in my neighborhood who got out and rallied for Bernie (my candidate of choice) walking up and down the street with their signs. I know New York is different but did she get off of her ass and do anything except bitch on Twitter (in between posting pictures of her ass)?

To flip out over the electoral college the way she did for weeks on end was weird. Anyone who has taken a 7th grade civics class knows that is the way, for better or worse, it's done.

For such an "esteemed writer" where is an op ed piece penned my her, anywhere? She has plenty of social media outlets to get it out there but would rather show off her vacation pics and hundred dollar swimsuits.

I'm so over this election and the aftermath and to have to hear a bored millionaire cry about it from her ivory tower is just too much. I want to be entertained not lectured. 

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 18

I quite liked Carole during seasons 5, 6, and 7. But the farther she gets away from a real job or a real project, the more ridiculous she becomes. There were many ways she could have been politically active, but she chose tweeting. She could be volunteering with Pro Publica, the ACLU, Emily's List, the Southern Poverty Law Center, or other groups. She doesn't appear to be doing anything productive with her anger. Hell, she could be working on videos with College Humor to teach people how to tell the difference between news, opinions, and actual fake news.

I also used to really like her lunch date interviews. To a certain extent, I think Brunch with Tiffany (Pollard) captures some of the irreverence of the lunch date interviews. Prior to Adam, I don't think I would have said Carole is the type of woman who changes when she's with a man, but Carole has been directionless, aimless, and hella shiftless since getting together with Adam.

• Love 13

For me it is not so much the man she shifts for so much as she seems to constantly assign herself a role.  In the first one it was the free spirit with an open sexual mind and a fluid relationship.  One of the intro scenes with the "I'm not a model but I date one" hipster douche in the equally douchebag hat was a prime example for me.  She then shifted to wacky but serious writer.  Then to giddy romantic only "just slightly" older fun driven gal.  Who incidentally took so much affront when someone pointed out she was hardly a millenial herself (basically speaking).

So I do think a man in her life shifts her and she seems weak and vapid but I also think that is just her overall.  Frankelstein's Monster to me shows how easy it is for Carole to be a puppet for anyone who is willing to tug her strings.  I think in some regards Heather did the same.  Carole likes to sit back and let someone else do the driving.  At this point in her life though she should be able to steer and shift herself and every time she lets someone take the driver's seat she seems to surrender every single aspect of her own journey (just to DRIVE a metaphor all Thelma and Louise off the cliff).

• Love 10
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I quite liked Carole during seasons 5, 6, and 7. But the farther she gets away from a real job or a real project, the more ridiculous she becomes. There were many ways she could have been politically active, but she chose tweeting. She could be volunteering with Pro Publica, the ACLU, Emily's List, the Southern Poverty Law Center, or other groups. She doesn't appear to be doing anything productive with her anger. Hell, she could be working on videos with College Humor to teach people how to tell the difference between news, opinions, and actual fake news.

I also used to really like her lunch date interviews. To a certain extent, I think Brunch with Tiffany (Pollard) captures some of the irreverence of the lunch date interviews. Prior to Adam, I don't think I would have said Carole is the type of woman who changes when she's with a man, but Carole has been directionless, aimless, and hella shiftless since getting together with Adam.

On the show, it is more about who Carole attaches herself too, not a man but a HW.

1 hour ago, tenativelyyours said:

For me it is not so much the man she shifts for so much as she seems to constantly assign herself a role.  In the first one it was the free spirit with an open sexual mind and a fluid relationship.  One of the intro scenes with the "I'm not a model but I date one" hipster douche in the equally douchebag hat was a prime example for me.  She then shifted to wacky but serious writer.  Then to giddy romantic only "just slightly" older fun driven gal.  Who incidentally took so much affront when someone pointed out she was hardly a millenial herself (basically speaking).

So I do think a man in her life shifts her and she seems weak and vapid but I also think that is just her overall.  Frankelstein's Monster to me shows how easy it is for Carole to be a puppet for anyone who is willing to tug her strings.  I think in some regards Heather did the same.  Carole likes to sit back and let someone else do the driving.  At this point in her life though she should be able to steer and shift herself and every time she lets someone take the driver's seat she seems to surrender every single aspect of her own journey (just to DRIVE a metaphor all Thelma and Louise off the cliff).

Heather often asked Carole for her opinion before she expressed her own, allowing Carole to disagree with her but with Bethenny, that is reversed. Heather encouraged Carole to give others a chance and/or a second chance, Bethenny on the other hand belittles anyone that disagrees with her choices about anything. That said, I do agree that Carole is a follower and I would add in that she morphs into whoever she attaches herself to.

• Love 13

Hey gang! Just wanted to remind everyone that discussing a HW’s opinion is fine but we are monitoring this topic and will remove any posts that use it as a jumping off point to go on any political tirades.

• Love 2

It's going to be hard this season - the separating of politics from the RH's. Have we ever had a situation like this before? I don't watch all the HW shows so I am not sure. My guess would be that Carole is the only one among the lot of them who is even registered to vote, so my guess is no. I know others hate it, but I am in major rejoice mode. Others talk about watching the shows for escapism, but that is hardly what I have seen the last few years.  Eating disorders, infidelity, alcoholism, etc.  That is some dark shit that just keeps getting revisited over and over again. Talk about depressing.  I'd rather hear Carole's opinion on the election than Ramona's on Lu's lying cheating dog of a man. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It's going to be hard this season - the separating of politics from the RH's. Have we ever had a situation like this before? I don't watch all the HW shows so I am not sure. My guess would be that Carole is the only one among the lot of them who is even registered to vote, so my guess is no. I know others hate it, but I am in major rejoice mode. Others talk about watching the shows for escapism, but that is hardly what I have seen the last few years.  Eating disorders, infidelity, alcoholism, etc.  That is some dark shit that just keeps getting revisited over and over again. Talk about depressing.  I'd rather hear Carole's opinion on the election than Ramona's on Lu's lying cheating dog of a man. 

I agree, it will be difficult but if we only discuss what the HWs say and not our own personal political opinions/feelings we should be OK.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I'd be surprised if the others didn't register and vote (well, Sonja may have forgotten in a drunken stupor).  And while you're right that much of what's been on the RW shows can be dark, it's not "us." or "real life."  For me at least, I don't know Ramona or Luann in real life, so while I have opinions on who's right and who's wrong, it doesn't impact me.  Not so much the election, and I therefore hope they don't make it a major storyline (especially having now been reminded of Carole's stupid "am I part of the 1%" giggling).

• Love 5

I'm always late to a party....so Adam was on Chopped.  Oh, and won......

Also he and his father had a crash landing in a plane?????  

Interesting .... 

Did Bravo hand out a raise to the person(s) that thought of that?

Yes, I live under a rock.....or something. :D

How are you all doing?  Good I hope. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ellee said:

I'm always late to a party....so Adam was on Chopped.  Oh, and won......

Also he and his father had a crash landing in a plane?????  

Interesting .... 

Did Bravo hand out a raise to the person(s) that thought of that?

Yes, I live under a rock.....or something. :D

How are you all doing?  Good I hope. 

Yeah, did anyone (anyone?) think he wasn't going to win? I wonder how many favors Carole/Andy had to call in to get him to be on an obviously fixed show.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Yeah, did anyone (anyone?) think he wasn't going to win? I wonder how many favors Carole/Andy had to call in to get him to be on an obviously fixed show.

:D KI-IN, remember, in the dessert round, Adam made an 'extensive effort' to change up the ingredients of the basket.  I imagine that is what sealed the deal.  :D :D :D

• Love 1

Scare-hole is a total dipshit.

What is the difference between 'shacking up' and 'living together'?

I know some guys that would try to separate the two terms, in case something else came along......

• Love 2
(edited)

She's trying to play it cool ( her over filled face reeks of desperation to look young and keep him) but when he decides he wants kids it will be over and he will be gone. Probably engaged in less than a year. Guys can separate love and sex a lot easier than women as much as many women try and say otherwise. 

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 2

I read her first book "What Remains" and then the lame "The Widow's Guide" and I'm wondering if she hired a ghostwriter for the first (and possibly the second). I dunno. Maybe she's better at memoir than fiction and/or that crazy Aviva was correct and she had help. I know she talks all day long about how she was a Journalist! but writing articles doesn't necessarily translate to writing an entire book. Perhaps as she's gotten older and seemingly more and more unhinged and out of touch, her writing has suffered. 

• Love 2

I liked Carole in her first season or two.  I liked her cool, bohemian-ish vibe, I liked that she was a writer, I even liked that she didn't use her kitchen.  However . . . she's proven to be a snotty, self-entitled Asshole (with the capital A.)   Her tweets are completely rude so I shouldn't be shocked that she was hella condescending to Ramona (and everyone else) when she claimed she was more informed than the average voter.  And, oh yeah, she actually READ the articles, not just the headlines.  But apparently bish cannot read party invitations. 

When Aviva made her ghostwriter allegations I thought it was a bunch of hooey but now I'm thinking she may have been right. WIdow's Guide was horrifically boring and senseless.  If you're going to write a Sex and the City Widow Style, you'd think it would at least be funny and entertaining.  Especially given the gold the other Ho'wives bring.  When you look at that book plus her tweets . . . yeah, she doesn't exactly come off as a well respected writer. 

Adam doesn't bother me much but it's clear why he and Carole have been together the last few years.  Both are lazy, uninspired and utterly lacking in ambition.  Hell, Carole is too lazy to close her mouth when she eats and can't be arsed to actually pronounce the ts in "kitten."   You would think Bethenny, with her hustle, couldn't stand to be around her and, in fact, B's head would explode over the do-nothingness of Carole. 

I asked this in the episode thread but . . . what exactly does Carole DO ALL DAY? (Besides insult people via Twitter.) 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

I liked Carole in her first season or two.  I liked her cool, bohemian-ish vibe, I liked that she was a writer, I even liked that she didn't use her kitchen.  However . . . she's proven to be a snotty, self-entitled Asshole (with the capital A.)   Her tweets are completely rude so I shouldn't be shocked that she was hella condescending to Ramona (and everyone else) when she claimed she was more informed than the average voter.  And, oh yeah, she actually READ the articles, not just the headlines.  But apparently bish cannot read party invitations. 

When Aviva made her ghostwriter allegations I thought it was a bunch of hooey but now I'm thinking she may have been right. WIdow's Guide was horrifically boring and senseless.  If you're going to write a Sex and the City Widow Style, you'd think it would at least be funny and entertaining.  Especially given the gold the other Ho'wives bring.  When you look at that book plus her tweets . . . yeah, she doesn't exactly come off as a well respected writer. 

Adam doesn't bother me much but it's clear why he and Carole have been together the last few years.  Both are lazy, uninspired and utterly lacking in ambition.  Hell, Carole is too lazy to close her mouth when she eats and can't be arsed to actually pronounce the ts in "kitten."   You would think Bethenny, with her hustle, couldn't stand to be around her and, in fact, B's head would explode over the do-nothingness of Carole. 

I liked her during her first season but then I couldn't abide her. Not a fan of the Kennedys in general, but I always found Carolyn Bessette fascinating. That's what got me interested in her on the franchise. However, reading the memoir, the biggies at ABC weren't really interested in her until she got noticed by Anthony. I don't know of him as a journalist, but I'm sure family connections help.

I asked this in the episode thread but . . . what exactly does Carole DO ALL DAY? (Besides insult people via Twitter.) 

I have writer friends and they have times of the day when they force themselves to sit in front of the computer with no internet. BIC--Butt In Chair is what one of them calls it. She says she may write rubbish, but it gets the juices flowing and then gets from that to inspiration. As the queen of writing, you'd think Carole would know that. However, these friends of mine have written several novels...some good, some great, some middling, but none bad.

• Love 1

I was surprised how awful Adam looked in Chopped! Very thin as usual, but his skin looked pasty, pale, and he had very dark circles under his eyes. He comes across like an air headed hipster. Dirty, long fingernails on a "chef" are unforgivable. He did not win because he cooked wonderful food- it was just less awful than the other contestants .

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I was surprised how awful Adam looked in Chopped! Very thin as usual, but his skin looked pasty, pale, and he had very dark circles under his eyes. He comes across like an air headed hipster. Dirty, long fingernails on a "chef" are unforgivable. He did not win because he cooked wonderful food- it was just less awful than the other contestants .

He looked really odd in the first episode of this season, Talk of the Town. 

Dorinda was visiting Carole at her apartment and Carole is talking about how she "went from the quintessential single girl in NYC life - to dating Adam and living with two Ki-iins and a puppy."  While she is saying this,  Adam is crouched in the dark hallway, on the floor, with his sweatshirt half on.  It was very strange.  He looked disheveled and crazy.  Reminded me of Smeagol before he transformed into Gollum. 

ry=400smeagol.jpg

• Love 4

How anyone could take anything Carole says seriously is beyond my comprehension. Yes, she had a career with ABC. Yes, she was married to Anthony Radziwell and nursed him through his cancer and God bless her for that. What has she done since then other than write her memoir? I do not care one bit about what she thinks about politics or anything else. Why should her opinion be any more important than mine? If we are both well informed about politics (and I know that I was before I voted) then we should both vote our consciences and then support whatever person was elected. I find her elitist attitude funny and stupid. She's a nobody like most of the rest of us. 

• Love 12

OMG, that screen shot of Adam, I always thought that Carole reminded me of golum and now it's clearly rubbing off on poor Adam. He looks incredibly creepy there.

As much as I loathe Carole she does have some decent clothes and if anyone here is a size 0-4 then you might be able to pick some of them up. She's selling some of her clothes online. I don't know if it's a spring cleaning or if she really needs the money now that she's got a growing boy to feed.

• Love 6

Her twitter and instagram are like car wrecks I can't stop watching. They are ridiculously immature even by HW's standards.

I remember when she came on she was ragging on gym culture and how she didn't like gyms, the people who frequented them nor did she work out ever (she has bragged about this multiple times) for her "ass by god". Now she is posting close ups of her ass at the gym doing squats like she's some 20yo IG model. And she's hashtagging marathon, I guess she is literally trying to keep up with Adam.  She is a joke that I cannot take seriously on any level. 

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

Where is she selling her clothes? I used to follow her on Instagram, but couldn't take it after awhile. I'm very rarely on Twitter so I may need to pop over there for a laugh.

Poshmark and the realreal.

Some of her clothes are nice, very pricey, very small.

ETA: I just peeked and she is retweeting articles about herself-ha!

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 2

This is why I can't stand Carole, she is the eternal hypocrite. She is now training for the NY marathon (an attempt to keep up with Adam perhaps) and is constantly posting pictures of her workouts but she has said this in the past :

"Honestly, I was never into going to gyms,” she told Elle. “I just don't like the culture. I never knew how to switch my clothes. Lugging around gym clothes and sneakers and stuff, I just could never.”

Sounds rude, elitist and a dig at people who actually enjoy the gym instead of laying around on a tattered couch not writing or doing much of anything except judging people who you don't think are informed.

If you never go to gyms then how do you know if you like the culture or not?

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm not part of the 1% but I agree with everything she said about gyms lol

As for being a hypocrite....people can and do change over time.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

This is why I can't stand Carole, she is the eternal hypocrite. She is now training for the NY marathon (an attempt to keep up with Adam perhaps) and is constantly posting pictures of her workouts but she has said this in the past :

"Honestly, I was never into going to gyms,” she told Elle. “I just don't like the culture. I never knew how to switch my clothes. Lugging around gym clothes and sneakers and stuff, I just could never.”

Sounds rude, elitist and a dig at people who actually enjoy the gym instead of laying around on a tattered couch not writing or doing much of anything except judging people who you don't think are informed.

It's rude and elitist for someone to say they don't like going into gyms? Well, then most people I know are rude and elitist. I know many who go to gyms, but many more who say it's not for them. Hence this whole big industry  that has sprouted up where companies sell actual work-out equipment to people to have in their homes. You know why (in part) they do this? Because there are a lot of people who don't like to go to the gym. As I get my ass off my treadmill in the basement, I can relate.  I would be stunned to learn that anyone who likes to go to the gym believes that my thinking the gym is hell on earth is somehow a dig at them. I wonder if when I say that being a Vegan doesn't appeal to me it is felt as a dig to all the Vegan's in the world? Or my saying that I just never got how women can stand for hours on end in uncomfortable stilettos is seen as a dig at the women who like to do this? My apologies if so. I meant no harm. Apparently anything can be seen as an insult if someone is trying hard enough. I guess I am a hypocrite for saying for years that I could never give up my bread and pasta, but am now Gluten Free. I am surprised people can stand to be around me and my hypocrisy. Who has ever heard of a person changing their mind before? Shocking and elitist to be sure. 

So now she has decided she wants to run the marathon. Must be shocking and depressing for those who think she is the laziest person on earth. How dare she do what millions of other people do every year and decide to look at their body differently or take up a new challenge. People do this every single day and most people find it awesome when someone takes on a new challenge. Yea, that Carole, she is a piece of work. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 11
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:53 AM, Ki-in said:

I wouldn't say rude or elitist, but what idiot doesn't know how to "switch my clothes"???  You put your gym clothes and shoes into a bag and carry it to the gym, simple! 

Edited by Mrs peel
typo
  • Love 5

I wouldn't say rude or elitist, but what idiot doesn't know how to "switches my clothes"???  You put your gym clothes and shoes into a bag and carry it to the gym, simple! 

Obviously you never tried to carry a gym bag riding on the handlebars of a bike.  ;-)

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Ki-in said:

"...also,  I can't perform the sartorial act of "clothes switching" -- which is as complex as Marie Antoinette's morning toilette -- because my bag is full of the bills I carry around and never pay, due to my manic pixie dream girl issues (which are set at eleven) but heads up, all you gym rats I used to look down on -- well, I still look down on you --  "Ass by God" is the name of my new workout clothing line coming out next year! Alongside a line of gym make-up called "Kit'en" (my favorite blush is "Don't Call It Indian Summer"). YOU ARE MY PEOPLE NOW."

• Love 14