Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

(edited)

As you all know, I don't doubt that Yo is ill - but I did find her home set-up a bit shocking. I felt really fortunate that I could take time from work when I was really sick - but to have all that equipment, personnel and scheduled therapies is beyond anything I've seen or heard of. It makes me wonder if she has substituted the attention she once got because of her beauty for a new kind of attention - and it was interesting that she used that word "beautiful" in talking about her doctors' descriptions of her. I know Yolanda is physically ill, but there's something psychological or emotional too imo.

When I heard her medical history, starting from childhood, I began to realize that SHE thrives on the attention she gets, be it her "beauty" or her wacky illnesses. I will go so far as to suggest that if someone compared her modeling highs/lows to her periods of illness they would correspond. When she was in demand modeling, her health was fine but as soon as there was a lull, she had some unexplained major illness. IMO, that pattern has continued throughout her teen/adult life and is still ongoing. I don't know that it means she has a Psychiatric problem or if it is just as simple as she wants ALL the attention on HER and only her. I suspect that although she IS proud of Gigi/Bella's modeling careers she is even more jealous that they are hitting even bigger heights than she ever did. It seems that the better their careers got, the sicker she became and now her name is mentioned whenever her daughters are written about.  IMO, she is a garden variety Narcissist, plain and simple.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 21
(edited)

Do doctors really write "beautiful 48 years old women"?

Yoyo is completely insane point blank period.

She was prescribed seroquel which is prescribed for bipolar disease.

Sounds like she simply did not accept her diagnosis lol

Night sweats?

Hello , MENOPAUSE, it's me Yolanda.

no physician is going to write "beautiful 48 year old woman" (well, maybe Dr. Klinghardt, lol).

Sometimes well kempt or unkempt (or disheveled) is written in the exam section.

Regarding medical notes (short explanation): The History of Present Illness usually starts with something like age, (hand dominance if written by a neurologist), race, sex, and pertinent parts of the past medical illness).

For example:  "77 y/o rh wf with HTN, DM, HLD c/o acute onset of lt f/a/l weakness x 1d" = 77 year old right handed white female with hypertension, diabetes mellitus, and hyperlipidemia complains of acute onset starting 1 day ago of left face/arm/leg weakness". Then there would be more information on the severity and course of the weakness and any related symptoms or absence of relevant symptoms (numbness/tingling/language problems/etc...).

The history is the subjective part (after the identifiers like age, race, etc...) since it comes from the patient's perspective. The next part is the exam findings and testing (labs, imaging, etc) and those are objective.  Beauty (subjective) is not relevant to health. Even with stuff like surgery words like beauty aren't used.

words like pleasant or hostile or apathetic can be used when describing a patient since it is relevant to obtaining the history and assessing mental status/psychiatric status. Also there is some overlap with the assessment of the mental status since it also documents mood & affect (example: depressed mood with flat affect). Basically it has to be relevant and beauty isn't relevant. Plus, how do you even measure or define beauty. 

I don't see doctors writing beautiful (or hideous) 48 year old..... using "beautiful" is creepy and seems like the doctor is lusting over the patient to the point they can't control what they are documenting in the medical chart.

Agree with nc socialworker's entire post---> I forgot about --> "looks older/younger than stated age" is used when appropriate. 

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 6
(edited)

Actually?

People got mad at My Loh-ve for the divorce, but as we move along, we see that he was right to bail out.

Do not be so quick to judge Dr Oz, he may have given her enough rope to hang herself by allowing her on the show and to document her 'invisibility'.

People are going to start giving her the stink eye when she shows up to events?

I thought he was respectfully patronizing.  What sealed the deal for me is when he showed his staff pouring through her records and they presented her with a scroll of this year's lab results.  ..............HAHAHAHA. . . . .and it wasn't even framed.  Yolanda looked giddy with excitement.  That it will be wallpaper for the guest bedroom.

She did shit all over people with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  I was in the hospital for two weeks and that was all they could come up with?

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6

When I heard her medical history, starting from childhood, I began to realize that SHE thrives on the attention she gets, be it her "beauty" or her wacky illnesses. I will go so far as to suggest that if someone compared her modeling highs/lows to her periods of illness they would correspond. When she was in demand modeling, her health was fine but as soon as there was a lull, she had some unexplained major illness. IMO, that pattern has continued throughout her teen/adult life and is still ongoing. I don't know that it means she has a Psychiatric problem or if it is just as simple as she wants ALL the attention on HER and only her. I suspect that although she IS proud of Gigi/Bella's modeling careers she is even more jealous that they are hitting even bigger heights than she ever did. It seems that the better their careers got, the sicker she became and now her name is mentioned whenever her daughters are written about.  IMO, she is a garden variety Narcissist, plain and simple.

I agree that Yo likely has npd or at least narcissistic traits. She's interesting to me, not just because we share the Lyme thing, but also because she's a different kind of narcissist than I've encountered. The ones I've known well are much more in the style of Lisa V - Yo's game is quite different, but it's no wonder those two don't like each other.
  • Love 1

I agree that Yo likely has npd or at least narcissistic traits. She's interesting to me, not just because we share the Lyme thing, but also because she's a different kind of narcissist than I've encountered. The ones I've known well are much more in the style of Lisa V - Yo's game is quite different, but it's no wonder those two don't like each other.

I don't see LisaV as a narcissist. Yes, she likes to control how people view her but that can be said about every single person I have ever met. We all try to put our best foot forward. IMO, Lisa doesn't like conflict and tries to wiggle out of it even when she isn't the cause. When you hurt her or loose her trust, she will move past it, still talk to you, laugh with you but she will never let you all the way back into her life but IMO, most people are like this to varying degrees. Yolanda on the other hand HAS to have it ALL about HER and only her AND on her terms and ONLY her terms. I can easily picture her saying to ALL the other HWs the SHE is UP here, while THEY are DOWN there, much like Kelly did to Bethenny (NY). LOL

• Love 7

I am sure in Dr. Oz's  audience and the posters here on the forum are exhausted with going to physician after physician and endless minutes spent on our beauty, intelligence, world class talent husband, and supermodel children.  In and of itself that type of suffering is enough to have a disease named after someone.

• Love 7

She almost tripped herself up when she talked about her incognito trips across the border. I think she really wanted to say "me, with the unwashed masses, isn't that crazy? That's how desperate I was ,I waited in a line , like a common person".

• Love 12

After reading the links on this page and seeing Yo on Dr Oz I find her chilling.  It is like she is playing a sinister game using people as chess pieces for her personal and financial gain.  The rest of the cast views this as only part of their life because you see them guard their privacy.  They put out what is necessary to make a good show.  Yolanda has an agenda and it is ugly.  This show IS her life.  It is the spring board to her goal.  Honestly she is giving me the creeps.  

• Love 9
(edited)

I don't see LisaV as a narcissist. Yes, she likes to control how people view her but that can be said about every single person I have ever met. We all try to put our best foot forward. IMO, Lisa doesn't like conflict and tries to wiggle out of it even when she isn't the cause. When you hurt her or loose her trust, she will move past it, still talk to you, laugh with you but she will never let you all the way back into her life but IMO, most people are like this to varying degrees. Yolanda on the other hand HAS to have it ALL about HER and only her AND on her terms and ONLY her terms. I can easily picture her saying to ALL the other HWs the SHE is UP here, while THEY are DOWN there, much like Kelly did to Bethenny (NY). LOL

imo Lisa V is classic npd or high narc traits - she holds herself above others, is all about her image (clothes, hair, make-up, house), never admits she is wrong and lacks empathy - just to begin with.

Oh yes, and she gets a sick pleasure in making others feel uncomfortable - that is classic narc.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 1

no physician is going to write "beautiful 48 year old woman" (well, maybe Dr. Klinghardt, lol).

Sometimes well kempt or unkempt (or disheveled) is written in the exam section.

Regarding medical notes (short explanation): The History of Present Illness usually starts with something like age, (hand dominance if written by a neurologist), race, sex, and pertinent parts of the past medical illness).

For example:  "77 y/o rh wf with HTN, DM, HLD c/o acute onset of lt f/a/l weakness x 1d" = 77 year old right handed white female with hypertension, diabetes mellitus, and hyperlipidemia complains of acute onset starting 1 day ago of left face/arm/leg weakness". Then there would be more information on the severity and course of the weakness and any related symptoms or absence of relevant symptoms (numbness/tingling/language problems/etc...).

The history is the subjective part (after the identifiers like age, race, etc...) since it comes from the patient's perspective. The next part is the exam findings and testing (labs, imaging, etc) and those are objective.  Beauty (subjective) is not relevant to health. Even with stuff like surgery words like beauty aren't used.

words like pleasant or hostile or apathetic can be used when describing a patient since it is relevant to obtaining the history and assessing mental status/psychiatric status. Also there is some overlap with the assessment of the mental status since it also documents mood & affect (example: depressed mood with flat affect). Basically it has to be relevant and beauty isn't relevant. Plus, how do you even measure or define beauty. 

I don't see doctors writing beautiful (or hideous) 48 year old..... using "beautiful" is creepy and seems like the doctor is lusting over the patient to the point they can't control what they are documenting in the medical chart.

Agree with nc socialworker's entire post---> I forgot about --> "looks older/younger than stated age" is used when appropriate. 

It would never happen. She is such a bullshitting malingerer.

imo Lisa V is classic npd or high narc traits - she holds herself above others, is all about her image (clothes, hair, make-up, house), never admits she is wrong and lacks empathy - just to begin with.

Oh yes, and she gets a sick pleasure in making others feel uncomfortable - that is classic na

Axis II diagnoses require pathology and dysfunction. From my limited glance at LVP my diagnosis would be :Risk for adequate self esteem, straight from NANDA.

• Love 5

All this and I still don't know what she wants me to do with my awareness,in terms of translating it to meaningful action. A donation link, a hashtag campaign, a walk-a-thon... What does she want from us, other than attention, sympathy, and to buy her book when released?

I'd bet money that if she were at that action step already the debating about her wouldn't have spun so far, because she'd clearly be something other than self-serving. It's so time to move forward, as they say in the Hills.

• Love 8

Oh yes, and she gets a sick pleasure in making others feel uncomfortable - that is classic narc.

LOL, In my opinion, you just described Yolanda, NOT LisaV. LOL We really do see the 2 of them very differently. LOL

• Love 10

LOL, In my opinion, you just described Yolanda, NOT LisaV. LOL We really do see the 2 of them very differently. LOL

imo they do share many personality traits - it's just their style that's so different.
  • Love 2

imo they do share many personality traits - it's just their style that's so different.

Well, Lisa doesn't want ALL the attention on HER, whereas Yolanda DOES and THAT is a GIANT difference. They all want to control their own narrative as much as possible, LisaV/Yolanda included but only Yolanda needs to control everyone else's narrative about everything including themselves.

• Love 9

I have never seen Lisa compare herself to a pre-treatment AIDS patient, advocate non-FDA-approved and potentially corrosive immunotherapy for minor children, champion a doctor who has tried to link microwaves to bacterial infections and suggest that Lyme is sexually transmittable, make her kids cry by fantasizing about her death to them in front of cameras, share photographs of Pandora's medical procedures on social media, or accuse David Foster or the spouse of any other co-star of assault after striking him. So, yeah, not a lot of demonstrable similarities between the two.

• Love 20
(edited)

Yolanda has a handicapped parking placard. Since she can't drive, can't her drivers just drop her off at the front door of wherever she is going? No wonder there are never enough handicapped parking spaces. She doesn't drive so she doesn't need to park close--drop her ass off and park in a normal spot!

per reality tea: "Yolanda also has a handicapped tag on her car – Daisy chauffeurs Yolanda to various appointments."

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 13

per reality tea: "Yolanda also has a handicapped tag on her car – Daisy chauffeurs Yolanda to various appointments."

AND yet, she’s signed up for a HALF-MARATHON this July!  Talk about milking it! Grrrrrrrrr

• Love 21

Okay, I didn't watch the Oz interview (could someone please post a link if the entire ep becomes available online; does anyone know if Oz is available via OnDemand like soap operas?) but, per the synopses I've read, how on earth could he let her repeatedly use the adjective "viral" without correction? Lyme is a bacterial infection! It's like she's not even trying to make sense anymore.

• Love 12
(edited)

I partially watched Yo's appearance on the Oz show.

I see she is still not wanting to mention menopause. Neither did that Asian doctor as Yo mentioned suffering from night sweats. .

Yolanda has tried to pass off her spinal fusion as a broken back. There was the scene as she was under-going physical therapy. She complained about hip pain and what sounded like the same damn pain I endure due to the spinal fusion I had years ago. I have been to physical therapy as well. They can only do so much. Sometimes it is only on one side of my body or both. Nothing much I can do about it except to deal with it. I think Yo is having the same effects due to her spinal fusion along with her aging body.

Did Yo mention having been tested for guillain-barre syndrome?

Edited: fix typos

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9

Okay, I didn't watch the Oz interview (could someone please post a link if the entire ep becomes available online; does anyone know if Oz is available via OnDemand like soap operas?) but, per the synopses I've read, how on earth could he let her repeatedly use the adjective "viral" without correction? Lyme is a bacterial infection! It's like she's not even trying to make sense anymore.

I believe the show is available 24 hours after it initially airs on his website.

• Love 2
Yo's blog is up and once again she makes the comparison to AIDS.

It's weird.  She's not saying anything new, and yet I'm freshly enraged.  Either she's flat-out evil, or she has no idea what she's comparing herself to, what the word "stigma" means, and how the US healthcare system works (it's really no surprise Lyme sufferers have trouble paying for treatments- that's the nature of the system, it's not disease-specific).  Either way, I think I'm hitting a wall with her, in the sense that it's not fun anymore.  It's not fun to read someone pretty much declare themselves to be a prophet leading the sick to salvation while comparing their suffering to the suffering of those who were blamed for their disease, isolated out of fear/hate, and left to die alone.  

I don't understand the kind of human being who does that, although I get the impulse to find meaning in your own suffering.  More importantly, I don't particularly like that kind of human being, mostly because there's no chance for real conversation- we're starting from very different perspectives, and they tend to be so far into their own narrative that they're more about lecture than discussion.  

• Love 21

My mom had a handicap pass due to RAD, since it was sometimes painful to walk. Since she lived with us, she'd often go out with me and the kids when they were little, insisting she take the pass. The kids would sometimes ask "Is Grammy handicapped today?" I would always let her off at the entrance before parking the car if she wasn't feeling well. Other times, she'd insist on walking from the parking lot. I know there are a lot of other "common folk" who are like my mom, and who go through life each and every day in some level of pain, but grateful for being able to do what they can, and who never complain. People who would give up their handicap passes in a split second if they could. Then we have Yolonda who is on the other end of the spectrum, and who makes me sick. I wish someon would pop that obnoxious bubble.

• Love 18

I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt.  I really did. 

My alarm bells were going off so loud and so often I almost had an aneurysm.

Mommy got severe migraines.  Yo gets migraines.  OK.  Does Yo know they can be hereditary?  Did she ever bother to see a Neurologist for her migraines?  Did she ever chart them?  She seems to have charted everything else.  Did she ever research them?  Hate to tell you this YoYo but lemons are the last thing you should be eating with migraines. 

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is real.  You don't need to have Lyme to have it. 

Hair loss, bags under your eyes  hmmm medications and menopause can do that.  Sorry Yo

Joint pain?  Welcome to the world of Arthritis.

I'm calling baloney on her "Journey" being legit.

She forgot to mention her huge parasite.  And look up Guillain-barre syndrome.

Yet she is doing so much better since getting her leaky breast implant removed.  (which she should have done as soon as she realized it had ruptured)

I think emotional manipulation and mental illness is very possible

I partially watched Yo's appearance on the Oz show.

I see she is still not wanting to mention menopause. Neither did that Asian doctor as Yo mentioned suffering from night sweats. .

Yolanda has tried to pass off her spinal fusion as a broken back. There was the scene as she was under-going physical therapy. She complained about hip pain and what sounded like the same damn pain I endure due to the spinal fusion I had years ago. I have been to physical therapy as well. They can only do so much. Sometimes it is only on one side of my body or both. Nothing much I can do about it except to deal with it. I think Yo is having the same effects due to her spinal fusion along with her aging body.

Did Yo mention having been tested for guillain-barre syndrome?

Edited: fix typos

Yolanda does not have Gullain-Barre Syndrome (GBS) = Acute Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy (AIDP). 

GBS is an acute monophasic (not relapsing remitting) paralyzing condition usually preceded by a viral illness. It usually presents as a fairly symmetric ascending paralysis/weakness with loss of deep tendon reflexes (when they tap your ankles and knees with a reflex hammer they no longer have the reflex jerk). It is extremely rare to have any mental status changes. Basically it is slowly progressive paralysis and by the 4th week after presentation almost all have reached the nadir and then it is a slow recovery. If progression goes past 8 weeks then it is Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP). All of this is easily diagnosed by clinical presentation, exam findings, elevated protein in the CSF on lumbar puncture (with normal white blood cells) and characteristic findings on emg/ncs testing (testing of nerves and muscles with electrical shocks and needles).

Yolanda doesn't have an acute condition and she does not have a monophonic presentation. Has anyone seen her with any muscle weakness/paralysis---does she use her hands to pull or push herself up from a seated position (just one example)? Fatigue is not the same thing as weakness however weak muscles can fatigue more rapidly than "normal". I bet she doesn't even have any visible muscle atrophy. I hear her complain of fatigue but that isn't direct muscle weakness. She does not have AIDP (GBS) and she does not have CIDP.

• Love 7
(edited)

I believe she has an agenda to remain sick until her prenup with Foster has been negated, settlement in place and divorce final. Then we will see her recover.  That can take a long time.  I thought I would get satisfaction from others on the cast exposing her inconsistencies.  That will never happen.  She wants fame anyway she can get it and this gives her both money and media attention.

Changing her name back to Hadid so she can have the same last name as her kids, especially Gigi, is transparent.  

Edited by thewhiteowl
  • Love 13

I wish Dr Oz was a little more inquisitive, Yolanda being hospitalized at 12 for Epstein-Barr, and again every decade or so, Yolanda's early 80s hepatitis B, her mother's own chronic illness, they would've been insightful. I could've done without seeing the implants again.

I think she needs to see a psychiatrist ASAP. I think it's telling that she can't accept a diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome but can accept Lyme disease. The prognosis for chronic fatigue syndrome is something she cannot accept.

• Love 11

I believe she has an agenda to remain sick until her prenup with Foster has been negated, settlement in place and divorce final. Then we will see her recover. That can take a long time. I thought I would get satisfaction from others on the cast exposing her inconsistencies. That will never happen. She wants fame anyway she can get it and this gives her both money and media attention.

Changing her name back to Hadid so she can have the same last name as her kids, especially Gigi, is transparent. Twat.

The pre-nuptial agreement spousal support waiver thing seems to require that enforcement of the waiver would be unconscionable, in order for it to be set aside. Yolanda's got her own millions, if David paid her no spousal support, she would ultimately be fine. I don't think Yolanda got her spousal support waiver with Mohamed set aside due to ill health either, there are other possible explanations.
  • Love 1

The pre-nuptial agreement spousal support waiver thing seems to require that enforcement of the waiver would be unconscionable, in order for it to be set aside. Yolanda's got her own millions, if David paid her no spousal support, she would ultimately be fine. I don't think Yolanda got her spousal support waiver with Mohamed set aside due to ill health either, there are other possible explanations.

She was able to negate the prenup with Mohamed.  That info is on a link posted in this thread somewhere.  She may not have a case for this clause with Foster but I have a hunch she is going after Foster for all she can get.  

I have watched reality TV from the first season of Survivor which started it all.  I have been able to remain emotionally detached for the most part.  Sure I can become riled at times but nothing even close the the rage and revulsion I experience with Yolanda.  The Dr Oz show really put a spotlight on everything going on with her. 

On Oz, notice her constant pulling of her jacket closed to make her look vulnerable, weak and sick?  Her mannerisms were calculated.  ARG and UGH.   

• Love 9
(edited)

I wish Dr Oz was a little more inquisitive, Yolanda being hospitalized at 12 for Epstein-Barr, and again every decade or so, Yolanda's early 80s hepatitis B, her mother's own chronic illness, they would've been insightful.

From reading everyone's posts who watched (I did not and will not because gah!), it sounds like Oz essentially tossed some softball questions but mostly gave Yo a forum to babble. Is that accurate? If so, he's following the example of people like Larry King and Oprah who, in their later years, became all about giving celebs mics to share their personal Bibles of Knowledge to the hoi polloi without having the interest (or the balls) to challenge the claims. Example: Suzanne Somers was a frequent flyer on both shows, going on about taking 100 pills a day and the glories of natural HRT and never did OW or LK say, "...and you graduated from what site of higher learning that allows you to practice medicine without a license?" I would have enjoyed that. ;)

BTW, has Yo ever mentioned being tested for Hep C? I learned from Naomi Judd's perpetual appearances on -- wait for it-- Oprah and Larry -- that Hep C can come from needles, result in debilitating fatigue and cause complexion changes. Sounds like Yo. Of course, Naomi also claims to have cured her Hep C thru positive thinking so maybe Yoda should try that.

Edited by steelcitysister
  • Love 9

From reading everyone's posts who watched (I did not and will not because gah!), it sounds like Oz essentially tossed some softball questions but mostly gave Yo a forum to babble. Is that accurate? If so, he's following the example of people like Larry King and Oprah who, in their later years, became all about giving celebs mics to share their personal Bibles of Knowledge to the hoi polloi without having the interest (or the balls) to challenge the claims. Example: Suzanne Somers was a frequent flyer on both shows, going on about taking 100 pills a day and the glories of natural HRT and never did OW or LK say, "...and you graduated from what site of higher learning that allows you to practice medicine without a license?" I would have enjoyed that. ;)

BTW, has Yo ever mentioned being tested for Hep C? I learned from Naomi Judd's perpetual appearances on -- wait for it-- Oprah and Larry -- that Hep C can come from needles, result in debilitating fatigue and cause complexion changes. Sounds like Yo. Of course, Naomi also claims to have cured her Hep C thru positive thinking so maybe Yoda should try that.

I watched what was on YouTube, it looks to be incomplete though, I saw about 25 minutes total, the show is a 44 minute show.
  • Love 1

True but when is enough actually enough? She never gets enough attention, it seems. Maybe her millions just are not enough millions, Some people are like that.

I see that Yoloonda has upped the ante in exaggerations. So many ailments, so much beauty. Poor thing. She is making the lie load so huge no one will have the energy to take it on. It's a good strategy.

• Love 10

The show essentially was Yolanda prattling on about invisible illnesses.  It started off poorly with Yolanda questioning the CDC's math skills.  She apparently believes that it is impossible for the CDC's citing of reported cases could not remain static over four years.  Oz interjected and explained the course of treatment for Lyme and then Yolanda was off to the races with her Lyme Disease -Malibu Strain.  She claimed four previous hospitalizations for similar symptoms at age 12, 18 (Epstein Barr) 30 and 41. Interesting to me she was hospitalized the same year she married Mohamed. 

At this point I looked at Oz this way-he could not call a witness to the stand and then impeach her.  Mostly he reached over and patted her hand as she regaled in story after story of brain inflammation and hospital stays that yielded nothing.  He did mention and Yolanda was so proud to have apparently submitted more medical records than a small country hospital to his staff.  Yolanda and Oz did not go into the nature of testing nor reports and if they were from MDs, or hookers or a man in Korean town.  A very poorly done, a day in the life video of Yolanda and her personal hooker being chauffeured about, Yolanda soaking her big ass feet as some sort of therapy. 

If I were watching it as someone who did not know her I would best describe it as this:  Middle aged white woman hypochondriac eliciting sympathy for hidden/invisible disease with a cost that is not calculable by the patient.  Woman seems to think it important to tell the world that she is beautiful.  Nothing to support her assertion made its way on the show.

The best Oz's medical staff, a round table of about eight people could come up with was an oversized chart with graphs showing her various testing and results for this year.  It was long enough it had to be scrolled.  So I didn't get the feeling he was signing on with her and there was zero in the way of any cure on the horizon. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I FUCKING LOVED the poster board with all the diseases, meds and symptoms.

I give her an "A" for presentation but an "F" in research and content.There were some stretches and inaccuracies in her info.

PS. the colored pens and post-its made for a vibrant, but totally useless info board,

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 7

I FUCKING LOVED the poster board with all the diseases, meds and symptoms.

I give her an "A" for presentation but an "F" in research and content.There were some stretches and inaccuracies in her info.

PS. the colored pens and post-its made for a vibrant, but totally useless info board,

My question is what is the point of the board?  Is it a visual aid for when her Hollywood are forced to visit while filming?  I am hoping she will have a timeline like a police investigation next time.

Did anyone get a screen shoot of the meds she had taken? 

• Love 2

She was able to negate the prenup with Mohamed. That info is on a link posted in this thread somewhere. She may not have a case for this clause with Foster but I have a hunch she is going after Foster for all she can get.

Relevant California code

1610. As used in this chapter:

(a) "Premarital agreement" means an agreement between prospective

spouses made in contemplation of marriage and to be effective upon

marriage.

(b) "Property" means an interest, present or future, legal or

equitable, vested or contingent, in real or personal property,

including income and earnings.

1611. A premarital agreement shall be in writing and signed by both

parties. It is enforceable without consideration.

1612. (a) Parties to a premarital agreement may contract with

respect to all of the following:

(1) The rights and obligations of each of the parties in any of

the property of either or both of them whenever and wherever acquired

or located.

(2) The right to buy, sell, use, transfer, exchange, abandon,

lease, consume, expend, assign, create a security interest in,

mortgage, encumber, dispose of, or otherwise manage and control

property.

(3) The disposition of property upon separation, marital

dissolution, death, or the occurrence or nonoccurrence of any other

event.

(4) The making of a will, trust, or other arrangement to carry out

the provisions of the agreement.

(5) The ownership rights in and disposition of the death benefit

from a life insurance policy.

(6) The choice of law governing the construction of the agreement.

(7) Any other matter, including their personal rights and

obligations, not in violation of public policy or a statute imposing

a criminal penalty.

(b) The right of a child to support may not be adversely affected

by a premarital agreement.

© Any provision in a premarital agreement regarding spousal

support, including, but not limited to, a waiver of it, is not

enforceable if the party against whom enforcement of the spousal

support provision is sought was not represented by independent

counsel at the time the agreement containing the provision was

signed, or if the provision regarding spousal support is

unconscionable at the time of enforcement. An otherwise unenforceable

provision in a premarital agreement regarding spousal support may

not become enforceable solely because the party against whom

enforcement is sought was represented by independent counsel.

1613. A premarital agreement becomes effective upon marriage.

1614. After marriage, a premarital agreement may be amended or

revoked only by a written agreement signed by the parties. The

amended agreement or the revocation is enforceable without

consideration.

1615. (a) A premarital agreement is not enforceable if the party

against whom enforcement is sought proves either of the following:

(1) That party did not execute the agreement voluntarily.

(2) The agreement was unconscionable when it was executed and,

before execution of the agreement, all of the following applied to

that party:

(A) That party was not provided a fair, reasonable, and full

disclosure of the property or financial obligations of the other

party.

(B) That party did not voluntarily and expressly waive, in

writing, any right to disclosure of the property or financial

obligations of the other party beyond the disclosure provided.

© That party did not have, or reasonably could not have had, an

adequate knowledge of the property or financial obligations of the

other party.

(b) An issue of unconscionability of a premarital agreement shall

be decided by the court as a matter of law.

© For the purposes of subdivision (a), it shall be deemed that a

premarital agreement was not executed voluntarily unless the court

finds in writing or on the record all of the following:

(1) The party against whom enforcement is sought was represented

by independent legal counsel at the time of signing the agreement or,

after being advised to seek independent legal counsel, expressly

waived, in a separate writing, representation by independent legal

counsel.

(2) The party against whom enforcement is sought had not less than

seven calendar days between the time that party was first presented

with the agreement and advised to seek independent legal counsel and

the time the agreement was signed.

(3) The party against whom enforcement is sought, if unrepresented

by legal counsel, was fully informed of the terms and basic effect

of the agreement as well as the rights and obligations he or she was

giving up by signing the agreement, and was proficient in the

language in which the explanation of the party's rights was conducted

and in which the agreement was written. The explanation of the

rights and obligations relinquished shall be memorialized in writing

and delivered to the party prior to signing the agreement. The

unrepresented party shall, on or before the signing of the premarital

agreement, execute a document declaring that he or she received the

information required by this paragraph and indicating who provided

that information.

(4) The agreement and the writings executed pursuant to paragraphs

(1) and (3) were not executed under duress, fraud, or undue

influence, and the parties did not lack capacity to enter into the

agreement.

(5) Any other factors the court deems relevant.

1616. If a marriage is determined to be void, an agreement that

would otherwise have been a premarital agreement is enforceable only

to the extent necessary to avoid an inequitable result.

1617. Any statute of limitations applicable to an action asserting

a claim for relief under a premarital agreement is tolled during the

marriage of the parties to the agreement. However, equitable defenses

limiting the time for enforcement, including laches and estoppel,

are available to either party.

I think she got the spousal support waiver with Mohamed set aside because she really did need the spousal support. She had no assets, she was an unskilled long in the tooth former model, and Mohammed was worth tens of millions, maybe over a hundred million.

• Love 2

A couple of things about that post.

1. How old is Anwar in that photo of her in the bathing suit? Wouldn't she still have been bedridden from the broken back according to her account of giving birth to him?

2. Did that poster board in the other picture list Chlamydia as one of her co-infections or did I read that wrong?

• Love 5

True but when is enough actually enough? She never gets enough attention, it seems. Maybe her millions just are not enough millions, Some people are like that.

I see that Yoloonda has upped the ante in exaggerations. So many ailments, so much beauty. Poor thing. She is making the lie load so huge no one will have the energy to take it on. It's a good strategy.

The bigger she makes things, the worse she looks.  The consequence of her actions is exactly is what she is trying to avoid.  She will be ignored with much eye rolling behind her back.  

• Love 6
(edited)

I didn't see the Oz interview, but I read this recap on reality tea: http://www.realitytea.com/2016/03/01/yolanda-foster-lyme-disease-dr-oz-hepatitis-epstein-barr/

So, after slogging through all the obvious bullshit, a couple of statements stood out and made me wonder if her main issue is severe depression or bipolar disorder, mostly this part where she talks about her children.

My children kept me alive. They’re the ones who kept me fighting. There were many days when I didn’t want to live anymore, but when you look at your children it’s not a choice anymore – you have to keep fighting and searching to get well!”

Dealing with her illness forced Gigi, Bella and Anwar to “grow up so quickly.”

“I used to be Superwoman! Supermom! All of the sudden I dropped to planet Earth. All of the sudden all they saw was mom in a robe, everyday, seven days a week, months into years,” describes Yolanda. “It made them grow-up a lot faster. There were nights Gigi had to drive me to the emergency room at 3 o’clock because I had such severe inflammation in my brain that I’d be bawling, like on the floor.” Yolanda laughs at the portrayal of those nights, which included Bella and Anwar riding in the backseat during their frantic dashes to the hospital. “They’ve been there. They’ve learned to take charge."

There were several things that jumped out at me beyond the first part about not wanting to live except for the kids. I don't have a lot of experience with depression (a couple friends through the years), but when I was a teacher, I had a student whose father had manic depression and the mother used to have to take them to the neighbors in the middle of the night when dad was having an 'episode'. Yo's description of Gigi having to drive her to the hospital reminds me of that. If she was "bawling, like on the floor" from pain, then why didn't she call an ambulance instead of putting her kids through all those midnight (or 3am) runs? I can't imagine asking my 16 or 17 year old to drive under those conditions.

Also, the part about being in a bathrobe for years. I know it is an exaggeration, but even if she went through periods where she did that for days or weeks, that is a red flag to me. I have a chronic illness and kids the same age as hers. There are days when I take the shortest, most basic shower I can manage and throw on whatever clothes happen to be clean and handy, but I can't imagine spending days in a bathrobe. That sounds like she may be too depressed to get dressed.

Finally, her description of her own mother's chronic illness and migraines that kept her in bed for days. Depression has a genetic component, which made me wonder.

I know chronic illness can cause periods of depression. I deal with it occasionally myself, but I wonder if depression came first or is a bigger issue than any chronic illness she may have. Obviously I could be completely wrong. It could be that all those statements about her kids are just exaggerations for sympathy-just like the Instagram picture in the article of WoeYo curled up in fetal position on the beach.

Edited for clarity because my own brain is a mess after trying to make sense of that interview.

Edited by EVS
  • Love 15
(edited)

^^

Aside from the ridiculous and potentially dangerous amounts of bullshit that Yolanda has been spewing this season, I think my biggest issue with her is her dismissive attitude towards depression. 

We know that she will never admit to menopause (because then Brandi's "Menopause mamas" applies to her as well), but she has stated for the record that she dealt with depression after "breaking her back" delivering Anwar (can you imagine how guilty that kid must feel believing he broke his mother's back and left her bedridden for a year?). So why is she so quick to dismiss depression as a viable cause for her physical symptoms?

Menopause can and does cause depression for many women. Having her children growing up and striking out on their own, and even becoming more successful than she ever was, could also be a catalyst. Pretending to be happily married to David while knowing that the marriage was falling apart, couldn't have helped.

I am not saying that there is a particular event that causes a person to be depressed - having battled it myself over the years has taught me that. I am just saying that she has admitted to having depression before, isn't it reasonable to expect that any one of those life changes could trigger the physical symptoms again?

And yet, she was so dismissive when Kyle (who admitted that it never occurred to her that she was depressed) said that her Fybromyalgia was a symptom of her depression. 

Yolanda has gone above and beyond to show us how sick she is (removing her teeth, the sickie selfies, not wearing makeup, not styling her hair, not dressing in clothing that fit her) that she has forgotten that her plan was to be the face of a "invisible illness". Depression IS an invisible illness. There is no telling the number of lives it has taken because of people self medicating, purposefully killing themselves, or accidentally killing themselves through self medicating. To have her dismiss Depression as "I'm not just depressed I am actually sick" is infuriating to me. 

ETA: I changed Silent to Invisible, because I realized the difference after I replied.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 19

A couple of things about that post.

1. How old is Anwar in that photo of her in the bathing suit? Wouldn't she still have been bedridden from the broken back according to her account of giving birth to him?

2. Did that poster board in the other picture list Chlamydia as one of her co-infections or did I read that wrong?

I had a few questions-why is she wearing a bathing suit in bed?  And that does not look like a bed-but rather outdoor furniture.  Yolanda also seems to sporting a bit of a gut.  I wonder if her giant abdominal scar is from a mommy makeover. 

• Love 4

THANK YOU for posting Yolanda's long post.  I am as nauseated and angry as Tamara is, and I agree with all of you 100%.  Therefore, I'll give everyone a break and spare your eyes from yet another long post!  LOL  :D

• Love 2

I had a few questions-why is she wearing a bathing suit in bed?  And that does not look like a bed-but rather outdoor furniture.  Yolanda also seems to sporting a bit of a gut.  I wonder if her giant abdominal scar is from a mommy makeover. 

I didn't even see a gut on her! I was just amazed that she was photographed perfectly with Gigi, the other one, and the other other one that broke her back so shortly after what I would presume was her broken back bed rest.

• Love 6

Was there mention of the Q fever on Dr oz or did she realize that story wasn't working?

Apparently her nearly lethal make out session with the calf at age 12 has just been changed to an invisible chronic disease hospital stay.  I gess the Q fever didn't work out.   By the time she reached 18 it was Epstein Barr, and at 30 it was post prenup disease, at 41 it was I need a man and at 48 it seems she is having another case of post prenup incurable Lyme Malibu version disease. Prenup seem to trigger hospitalizations in Yolanda.  That is the only common thread this non doctor of RHOBH has found.

I didn't even see a gut on her! I was just amazed that she was photographed perfectly with Gigi, the other one, and the other other one that broke her back so shortly after what I would presume was her broken back bed rest.

It is more of BH standard of a gut-I think Yolanda has a nice figure even with breasts smaller than Ken's.

• Love 7
(edited)

I think learning she has a handicapped parking placard pisses me off more than anything else.

Seriously, someone needs to send whoever it is in California that issues them a video of her managing to walk up the lemon stairs this season at THE height of her illness. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 10