Type keyword(s) to search

Jenelle: Birther Of 3, Mother To None

Everyone knows Ensley does not have Down syndrome. Posts suggesting that she does will be removed and warnings issued. Posts such as these leave the impression that an arguably unflattering picture could somehow be construed as a child being disabled is considered ableist and is against the rules of the board.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think Jace would’ve been placed for adoption- she refused to even discuss it with barb before she got famous. I do think she wouldn’t “try to get Jace back” without the cameras. I think Jenelle would’ve continued to have kids and farm then out to the paternal grandparents (Barb won’t raise another even with MTV money, much less without), and she would’ve done some jail time for drug/gun possession by now. Jenelle without mtv would have 6 kids, 1 one with barb, 1 with the Bio dad (because I see her coming across one decent guy with a capt save a ho complex- who eventually realizes she’s shit and gets his kid away), 2 with paternal grandparents and 2 with the state. 

I think had there been no show, Jace could have been placed for adoption if Barb forced Jenelle's hand. Barb could have given Jenelle an ultimatum that once Jenelle turned 18, she can Jace would no longer be welcomed in her home unless she placed  him for adoption. I think  the prospect of homelessness with an infant would have pushed Jenelle to place  him. Of course she would never let Barb hear the end of it, but at the end of the day, Jace would be a loving home.

What about the actual cute kid, Kaiser? No Insta for him?

• Love 12

@FlowerofCarnage wasn’t Jenelle already 18 when Jace was born? I’m not trying to argue with you, but I don’t think the lack of a show would’ve made a difference with Barb. When she encouraged Jenelle to have an abortion and then place Jace she (Jenelle) wasn’t cast yet. Her episode hadn’t aired when she was still begging Jenelle to place Jace (that was in her 16& Pregnant). I do think Barb should’ve forced Jenelle to place Jace as a condition of living under her roof but she didn’t. 

The money/fame from Teen Mom 2 kept Jenelle tied to Barb, I think she wouldbe just skipped out on Barb and Jace without the show. 

Reading again we are agreeing with each other- IF Barb had forced hands, but I don’t think she ever would. Her own guilt about her marriage, having a child with severe mental illness and disability (Collin), wanting to believe maternal love would make Jenelle straighten up and fly right......I think by the time she realized what a lost cause Jenelle was Jace had started school. 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Exhibit A: my friend from college (who has a master's degree) married this dude who dropped out of community college to marry her. She works a demanding professional job full time, while he has a part time job at McDonald's that I'm AMAZED he still has. He will not even think watching the kids; she takes them to daycare, they stay there all day, and then she picks them up, comes home, fixes dinner, puts the kids to bed, and spends the rest of the day catering to her husband. Meanwhile, he works maybe a couple hours a day and then comes home and plays video games. Any kind of housework is "wimmen's work," so he'd never even consider doing it. She also has to make him a sandwich on demand, whenever he wants it, even if it's midnight. The second she started dating him, he COMPLETELY cut her off from her friends, except for one (who he has now cut her off from), and that's how we even know any of this. She used to sing in a band, but she had to quit that as soon as they started dating. He pushed for a baby before she was ready because "we need a male to carry on my name in local football!" Apparently he was a football "star" in his tiny town, and that entitles him to laze around the rest of his life, like if he had made millions in the NFL or starred on TV as a teen. I'm not a huge fan of divorce, but her life would be waaaay easier as a single mother...just sayin!

OK, really? Exhibit A: some chick working a 100k+ job is married to a guy who works at MCDONALD'S?! No way. Exhibit B: What kind of self motivated woman who has a 100k+ job & is working her way through the ranks would "allow" some piece of shit misogynist who sounds like he need his tiny dick cut off to treat her that way?! Nothing about this adds up & if any of it is true, is quote frankly horrific & disgusting.  

Egghead is a "public figure"? Fucking puke. 

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

OK, really? Exhibit A: some chick working a 100k+ job is married to a guy who works at MCDONALD'S?! No way. Exhibit B: What kind of self motivated woman who has a 100k+ job & is working her way through the ranks would "allow" some piece of shit misogynist who sounds like he need his tiny dick cut off to treat her that way?! Nothing about this adds up & if any of it is true, is quote frankly horrific & disgusting.  

@CaliforniaLove I believe our girl @Christina87 100%. Not only because she is her, but because I went to undergrad in the south (NOLA) and I’ve seen these things with my own two eyes. The sexism and misogyny is VERY real, and there is a notion that having a MAN (man meaning male person) is the highest achievement for a woman. If he’s breathing he will do. If you are a certain age and single there’s something wrong with you. Of course not every single person thinks that way (human beings are all unique after all) but I’m speaking of the social milieu.

Like @Christina87 points out, these lazy millennial dudes love to wax poetic about the patriarchy blah blah blah but they forget that being a patriarch means that you are the LEADER and you are responsible for the family! I have to say in my experiences with dating men from the motherland, they are very old fashioned and controlling- BUT they do take the job of being a leader seriously. “No house, no wife.” They would be shamed to the ground to have a woman supporting them because they think themselves to be superior to women. You don’t get to claim that because you’re a man you’re a superior being then sit on your ass while your woman supports the family. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I definitely wouldn't have spent all this time writing it out if it wasn't true! It's pretty sad. The woman in exhibit A has a master's, but only the second one makes 100K. The exhibit A woman makes a decent living, though. She was my friend in college, and she'd almost never had a boy look her way. Any time she went on a date, she was one of those really desperate women who sabotaged her chances early on by doing something cringey. Finally, she met her husband while she was working on her master's degree. He was a few years younger, and studying to be a state trooper in community college. That would have been a solid life choice, but he proposed to her immediately, and then quit school asap because he knew he had found his meal ticket. It really is so sad! She was totally infatuated and thrilled to have caught a live one, that she never stopped to think about what kind of person he was. Then, he wanted kids so quickly, even though she was only in her mid-twenties and had just gotten in shape. She will literally do anything he says, even though she provides everything. It is SO messed up!!!

Exhibit B makes over 100K, but has realized her mistake. They met working a restaurant job in college, but were three years apart. He derped around while she finished her degree, and then she helped him find jobs. He has an entry-level professional job now, but apparently is in real jeopardy of losing it. I think she just assumed that she'd be okay with his lack of ambition, and that she'd help him find a professional job that would LOOK impressive to others, even if it didn't bring in a lot of money. She, too, was just so in love with his appearance and fun college persona that it never occurred to her that this could happen. I think she might still be okay with it if things were staying status quo, but him wanting her to quit her job was the last straw! They would go from upper middle class in this area to near poverty, and poverty once you added children to the mix. At least this dirtbag WANTS to support his family, but doesn't have the means to do it, and is hateful to his wife because she is more successful than him.

it really is sadly all to common here in the south, though. Another good friend of mine married a man at 22 who couldn't keep a job...wait for it...because he sexually harassed people!!! And she stayed in that marriage for four years! She is a nurse, and brings in decent money. She even suggested him being a stay-at-home dad, since he couldn't keep a job, but he said that sounded like too much work. Finally, she divorced him, and jumped into another engagement before the divorce was finalized! Luckily for her, this guy had turned out to be more her level, due to dumb luck, but not because she vetted him out. I'm glad she has a real partner now, not a domineering misogynistic douchebag who cheats on her.

I really feel bad for exhibit A, though. Divorce is not an option in her extremely religious family, so I think she will be miserable forever. Her husband has zero responsibilities, and that will never change. She will just grow old doing 100% of the work in that family, because she made a terrible choice at 23. 

2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

@CaliforniaLove I believe our girl @Christina87 100%. Not only because she is her, but because I went to undergrad in the south (NOLA) and I’ve seen these things with my own two eyes. The sexism and misogyny is VERY real, and there is a notion that having a MAN (man meaning male person) is the highest achievement for a woman. If he’s breathing he will do. If you are a certain age and single there’s something wrong with you. Of course not every single person thinks that way (human beings are all unique after all) but I’m speaking of the social milieu.

Like @Christina87 points out, these lazy millennial dudes love to wax poetic about the patriarchy blah blah blah but they forget that being a patriarch means that you are the LEADER and you are responsible for the family! I have to say in my experiences with dating men from the motherland, they are very old fashioned and controlling- BUT they do take the job of being a leader seriously. “No house, no wife.” They would be shamed to the ground to have a woman supporting them because they think themselves to be superior to women. You don’t get to claim that because you’re a man you’re a superior being then sit on your ass while your woman supports the family. 

Thanks, @Scarlett45! Quick question, though...what is the motherland?

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

It's pretty sad. The woman in exhibit A has a master's, but only the second one makes 100K. The exhibit A woman makes a decent living, though. She was my friend in college, and she'd almost never had a boy look her way. Any time she went on a date, she was one of those really desperate women who sabotaged her chances early on by doing something cringey. Finally, she met her husband while she was working on her master's degree. He was a few years younger, and studying to be a state trooper in community college. That would have been a solid life choice, but he proposed to her immediately, and then quit school asap because he knew he had found his meal ticket. It really is so sad! She was totally infatuated and thrilled to have caught a live one, that she never stopped to think about what kind of person he was. Then, he wanted kids so quickly, even though she was only in her mid-twenties and had just gotten in shape. She will literally do anything he says, even though she provides everything. It is SO messed up!!!

Exhibit B makes over 100K, but has realized her mistake. They met working a restaurant job in college, but were three years apart. He derped around while she finished her degree, and then she helped him find jobs. He has an entry-level professional job now, but apparently is in real jeopardy of losing it. I think she just assumed that she'd be okay with his lack of ambition, and that she'd help him find a professional job that would LOOK impressive to others, even if it didn't bring in a lot of money. She, too, was just so in love with his appearance and fun college persona that it never occurred to her that this could happen. I think she might still be okay with it if things were staying status quo, but him wanting her to quit her job was the last straw! They would go from upper middle class in this area to near poverty, and poverty once you added children to the mix. At least this dirtbag WANTS to support his family, but doesn't have the means to do it, and is hateful to his wife because she is more successful than him.

it really is sadly all to common here in the south, though. Another good friend of mine married a man at 22 who couldn't keep a job...wait for it...because he sexually harassed people!!! And she stayed in that marriage for four years! She is a nurse, and brings in decent money. She even suggested him being a stay-at-home dad, since he couldn't keep a job, but he said that sounded like too much work. Finally, she divorced him, and jumped into another engagement before the divorce was finalized! Luckily for her, this guy had turned out to be more her level, due to dumb luck, but not because she vetted him out. I'm glad she has a real partner now, not a domineering misogynistic douchebag who cheats on her.

I really feel bad for exhibit A, though. Divorce is not an option in her extremely religious family, so I think she will be miserable forever. Her husband has zero responsibilities, and that will never change. She will just grow old doing 100% of the work in that family, because she made a terrible choice at 23. 

Thanks, @Scarlett45! Quick question, though...what is the motherland?

My motherland meaning the continent of Africa. I’ve dated guys from Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, my friend was engaged to a guy from Ghana-he was a decent sort (educated, good job, nice) but controlling and into that patriarchal stuff, she ended it because she didn’t want that kind of relationship. She said she’s glad because she would’ve ended up divorced and on my sofa!

It got to the point my friend told me I wasn’t allowed to have sex with the guy unless he was born on North American soil. 🤣🤣🤣 The point was that a lot of guys from the “old world” (lots of Latinx cultures have the similar machismo attitude) will pull the “man card” but will actually perform the DUTIES of the man. It’s only in the USA these young stupid guys want “MAN rights” without “man responsibilities”.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

My motherland meaning the continent of Africa. I’ve dated guys from Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, my friend was engaged to a guy from Ghana-he was a decent sort (educated, good job, nice) but controlling and into that patriarchal stuff, she ended it because she didn’t want that kind of relationship. She said she’s glad because she would’ve ended up divorced and on my sofa!

It got to the point my friend told me I wasn’t allowed to have sex with the guy unless he was born on North American soil. 🤣🤣🤣 The point was that a lot of guys from the “old world” (lots of Latinx cultures have the similar machismo attitude) will pull the “man card” but will actually perform the DUTIES of the man. It’s only in the USA these young stupid guys want “MAN rights” without “man responsibilities”.

Right!!! You always hear of "old world" cultures where the man wouldn't dream of having a working wife, or letting his family want for anything. I saw it with my Latinx students too on occasion; a lot of them would have 10 siblings or so, and their dad would work two or three jobs to support them. Although I don't like the controlling aspect of it, I do admire their drive to provide for and protect their family. My friends' husbands drive me up the wall with their entitled attitudes. I wonder if they would even get up with the baseball bat if someone broke in, or they'd make their wives do it. We all told my friend who married McLazy that she was making a mistake in dating him, but she paid us no mind and got married. He won't even let her go out with friends, ever, so we haven't seen her in years. Once, we suggested she come with us, and she said, "what?! I have to make dinner?" We asked if he could make a frozen pizza or something, and she said, "he'd never even consider that!" Nor will he even do the slightest thing to make her life easier, like picking the kids up from daycare (even if he insists on them staying the whole time!) or grocery shopping. At least the second girl has realized her mistake, but she overlooked some big red flags. He was unmotivated from day one, and basically did nothing for several years after graduating college. You'd expect someone like that to be okay with non-patriarchal gender roles, but nope! Absolutely blows my mind. I'm so much happier single than married to someone where I had to be the woman and the man! 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

It really is majorly fucked up, how many young dudes think to their wife working full-time AND having all the duties of an SAHM foisted on them is A-OK. My belief is that a married woman should be one or the other, and if to the husband can't afford a SAHM, he better damn well roll up his sleeves and help out around the house. 

3 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

It can never be underestimated how far people will go to keep ahold of some dick/vagina. Some people are just desperate. It boggles my mind when I see attractive, smart woman throwing themselves at some loser who treats them like crap.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

It really is majorly fucked up, how many young dudes think to their wife working full-time AND having all the duties of an SAHM foisted on them is A-OK. My belief is that a married woman should be one or the other, and if to the husband can't afford a SAHM, he better damn well roll up his sleeves and help out around the house. 

It can never be underestimated how far people will go to keep ahold of some dick/vagina. Some people are just desperate. It boggles my mind when I see attractive, smart woman throwing themselves at some loser who treats them like crap.

Word. Given this is the Jenelle thread- Jenelle is no prize herself so I’m not upset she’s got the loser David, and David is such a POS he couldn’t even dupe a “normal” woman for 5min. 

Davids rare in his violence (because he’s an awful human being) but I’m seeing a big problem in this next generation of boys (like 25 and under). They are either AWESOME or “fuck boys”. Where are the average normal guys who are productive members of society?!! I see it across all ethnic lines, socio-economic classes, single parent homes, two parent homes etc. Awesome OR “fuck boy”. 

IMO i think this is an unintended consequence of second wave feminism (which I am not saying was bad!!!) but these boys were raised by Moms embracing second wave feminism, teaching their daughters “women and girls can be and do anything” while on accident demonstrating to their sons “that means men and boys don’t have to do much of anything because women will do it”. The awesome ones had naturally high iqs and ambition. The ones that would’ve been average don’t even have to be because they find women to pick up their slack. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

So...these assholes ain’t dead or imprisoned yet? May 2019 be their year since it looks like they’ll make it through 2018 unscathed.

The night is young- 2018 is still in the running to be the year of their demise. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, druzy said:

The night is young- 2018 is still in the running to be the year of their demise. 

True. There’s still time for a “I accidentally fell by the fire” or did David beat my ass? 911 call and then denial.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

So...these assholes ain’t dead or imprisoned yet? May 2019 be their year since it looks like they’ll make it through 2018 unscathed.

Amen!  I also include a non MTV former reality star in that wish!

• Love 7

I don’t think the man child mysoginist phenomena is particularly stronger in the south than anywhere else.  I have a friend in NY with a masters and well paying job that had her fathers child up and leave to Dubai where he married then left another woman and returned to the USA and she let him move back in and supported him for AGES. When he lost his job he proposed that he not look for one and stay home to “help” the special needs child he never helped out with before so she could find an even higher paying job. My younger sisters thirty year old besty with a masters just finally got out of relationship with a dude who had drink drug and cheating issues and she’s most devestated becuase “he ended it” not her. The psychology behind both these stories could probably fill a few text books.. And I have a kick ass job myself and 99 percent of arguments with the hubby revolves around his rediculous notions of what a full time working mom should cover on the home front versus full time working dad. He has post grad degree and a good job as well.   My sister and I were just conversing today about certain things that make us nutty like when the husbands try to worm out of taking out the trash or other “man’s jobs” cause we both feel like “dang it you are the man can you at least deal with the trash!!!”” Anyway this is rambling post but my point it that I don’t think it’s particularly more of an issue in the south. I’m not even sure it’s more of an issue in certain sociology economic situations or not. Between myself, sister, sisters friends etc we cover a lot in terms of socio economic diversity and yet we’re all dealing with this shit. Of corse it helps if the guy is an otherwise decent human vs a piece of shit user and abuser but the gender role stuff is a universal struggle imo. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Word. Given this is the Jenelle thread- Jenelle is no prize herself so I’m not upset she’s got the loser David, and David is such a POS he couldn’t even dupe a “normal” woman for 5min. 

Davids rare in his violence (because he’s an awful human being) but I’m seeing a big problem in this next generation of boys (like 25 and under). They are either AWESOME or “fuck boys”. Where are the average normal guys who are productive members of society?!! I see it across all ethnic lines, socio-economic classes, single parent homes, two parent homes etc. Awesome OR “fuck boy”. 

IMO i think this is an unintended consequence of second wave feminism (which I am not saying was bad!!!) but these boys were raised by Moms embracing second wave feminism, teaching their daughters “women and girls can be and do anything” while on accident demonstrating to their sons “that means men and boys don’t have to do much of anything because women will do it”. The awesome ones had naturally high iqs and ambition. The ones that would’ve been average don’t even have to be because they find women to pick up their slack. 

You bring up some great points, and I think you are right! I have often wondered about how men felt at the beginning of feminism. I highly doubt men wanted gender roles to change, pleading, "pleeeease, Edith! I really want to wash the windows after doing my full time job! Pleeeeease? Can I wash the dishes? I'm exhausted, but I would love to spend a few hours doing wimmin's work!" In a way, I almost feel bad for them, because they didn't really sign up to do half of the woman's job. The woman chose to take on a second man's job for the family, but not the other way around. Of course, I'm sure it was worth it to a lot of them to see the extra money come in, but at he very beginning, when living on one paycheck was still easy, I bet a lot would rather have kept their current income rather than do chores. 

However, the women didn't seem to start out demanding to split the household work. Too many men would have said N-OOOOO to that proposition. Women took it all upon themselves at first, which in turn influenced a couple of generations, who saw Mom doing everything, and Dad just working (if that!). So I think you are very right. Of course, dad's pitching in at home became a popular idea later, but at the beginning, women were all about doing it all. 

I remember (though I have wanted to be a SAHM since I was honestly like three!) thinking the women's movement was the best thing ever as a teen, and fantasizing about becoming a CEO in a New York corner office. Then, I read an interview with my grandmother from the 70's. The interviewer asked about women's lib, and she said she was against it. I was completely taken aback, as she was a sensible person, but what sensible person would say that? I did some reading on Phyllis Schafly and some other anti-feminists, and learned a lot of interesting information about unintended consequences of feminism. Now, I would say I am middle of the road on the issue; I'm glad women have made progress, and it seems like women are able to choose whether to work or not without much judgment each way (I mean, sanctimommies exist on both sides, but there are always crazies). I just wish it was a little easier for any woman to stay home who wanted, and I wish that there was more incentive for men to settle down and take pride in having families, like there used to be. I also dislike how much hatred and distrust women and men have for each other. However, no society will ever be perfect. 

Wrote a novel, haha! We may need to take this over to small talk. I could talk forever about gender roles!

• Love 3

I would love to see more men choose to stay home with their kids while their wives go to work. Because that's an option too.

What "incentive" should there be for men to settle down? Either they want that or not. Why is not wanting that a bad thing? 

• Love 11

Jenelle surely has no idea what ‘gender roles’ even means.

Well, Jenelle, I guess ya made it to 2019. Get your shit together, somehow, miraculously, this year.

No love, sending nothing but contempt,

-Me

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I just wish it was a little easier for any woman to stay home who wanted, and I wish that there was more incentive for men to settle down and take pride in having families, like there used to be. I also dislike how much hatred and distrust women and men have for each other. However, no society will ever be perfect. 

I think women not being able to be SAHM has way more to do with the economic reality of these times rather then social pressures. It just isn't feasible for many families to have one parent at home. These TM fools get to do it because they of their miracle six figure incomes. 

As for men (and women!) not wanting to settle down these days...I think that has much less to do with feminism and again, more to do with the reality of these times. Mind you, people settling down in the past had a lot to do with societal pressure, rather then people purely wanting a family. People who didn't necessarily want to be married or have kids didn't always feel they had the option to stay single, as a lot of people would consider them odd or weird. Which led to unhappy, dysfunctional families a lot of times. These days, by not rushing into marriage and kids, young people who do get married are actually divorcing less then their baby boomer parents. I think this is a vastly preferable outcome to what it was in the past, my opinion only. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Christina87 said:

However, the women didn't seem to start out demanding to split the household work. Too many men would have said N-OOOOO to that proposition. Women took it all upon themselves at first, which in turn influenced a couple of generations, who saw Mom doing everything, and Dad just working (if that!). So I think you are very right. Of course, dad's pitching in at home became a popular idea later, but at the beginning, women were all about doing it all. 

I feel like they didn’t want to split the household work at that time because they were trying to prove something to themselves and to society, that women were capable of a lot more than what society deemed them as. Silly housewives that spend their husbands money while doing wimmens work fiddling around in the kitchen and keeping the littles alive and happy.

But ANYONE, male or female can only do so much before burning out. When the burnout started happening and women started asking for equal roles that’s when society would holler “but I thought you little ladies wanted equal rights and that you can handle mans work?!!” Um yeah, but while doing BOTH mans work and woman’s work combined?? Not fair. It was as if society was TRYING to make women realize they can’t handle working outside of the home while keeping a home; which to many women is an insult if you tell them they can’t run a household well.

Fast forward to today and it’s near damn impossible to survive on one income. It’s almost like society conformed to the two income lifestyle and added MORE monetary “necessities” that take what little extra people bring in. Prices went up so high that the two income still feels like one income but instead you have two parents working out of the house and too tired to do much at home eventually leading to the wife feeling obligated to tidy up before bed.

My mom has worked all her life. My parents could never afford to have my mom as a SAHM, but my dad (I love dearly) had my mom do EVERYTHING! He had the cushiony office job that brought in the most money whereas my mom had the type of jobs where she had to stay on her feet for 8 hours doing laborious work but because she brought in less he expected her to make up for it with the house work.

My mom was the ONLY one that made sure us FIVE kids were fed, bathed, had school clothes, birthday parties and made sure “Santa” got us everything on our list and decorated the home for holidays. She was the one to cook homemade meals, pack our lunches and sign permission slips. She was the one to visit teachers and do laundry, yard work and grocery shop. 

My dads “outside of work duties” involved sitting at the “angry table” at the end of the month going over the months bills and writing checks to phone company, mortgage, etc. then watch the sporting game and have his beers that he earned.

My mom even shares with me a story about my delivery at the hospital. She received a third degree tear and the doctor asked her to make sure to take it easy for a couple of days until the stitches healed, a few hours after my birth my dad comes to her and says “Mommy calm81, I need my work uniforms washed, will they release you a bit early” the doctor interjects “Um, Daddy calm81, your wife suffered a tear during delivery and needs to rest for a few days, but even without the tear she only just gave birth a few hours ago and the hospital won’t allow her to leave that soon!” So my dad had to rewear (the inhumanity) his uniforms for a few days working his ass off not to spill any mustard on his shirt lol.

Now, I’m not comparing my dad to DAVID CREEPY EASON, but that’s a lot of mindsets of married men, even the sweet ones. My dad is a sweet man and never abused my mom, but you better have the beds made when he returned home, or have those vacuum marks showing on the carpet otherwise he will snarkly say “what have you done all day?” regardless if my mom just finished her 8 hour shift.

UBT can go pound sand. His wife JENELLE is funding his entire lifestyle and she probably takes on most of the heavy lifting with the kids (I’m trying not to laugh) and does all of the housework. David hit the jackpot in more ways than one when he married Jenelle. He will NEVER have to lift a finger unless it’s the bird, just play with his man toys and siphoning all the money they have and leave her when she’s broke.

Wow! I typed way too much!! Happy new year my lovely PTV family!!! 

May this year bring us some justice with David Eason and that he receives real jail time and Jenelle gets fired. 

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Calm81 said:

I feel like they didn’t want to split the household work at that time because they were trying to prove something to themselves and to society, that women were capable of a lot more than what society deemed them as. Silly housewives that spend their husbands money while doing wimmens work fiddling around in the kitchen and keeping the littles alive and happy.

But ANYONE, male or female can only do so much before burning out. When the burnout started happening and women started asking for equal roles that’s when society would holler “but I thought you little ladies wanted equal rights and that you can handle mans work?!!” Um yeah, but while doing BOTH mans work and woman’s work combined?? Not fair. It was as if society was TRYING to make women realize they can’t handle working outside of the home while keeping a home; which to many women is an insult if you tell them they can’t run a household well.

Fast forward to today and it’s near damn impossible to survive on one income. It’s almost like society conformed to the two income lifestyle and added MORE monetary “necessities” that take what little extra people bring in. Prices went up so high that the two income still feels like one income but instead you have two parents working out of the house and too tired to do much at home eventually leading to the wife feeling obligated to tidy up before bed.

My mom has worked all her life. My parents could never afford to have my mom as a SAHM, but my dad (I love dearly) had my mom do EVERYTHING! He had the cushiony office job that brought in the most money whereas my mom had the type of jobs where she had to stay on her feet for 8 hours doing laborious work but because she brought in less he expected her to make up for it with the house work.

My mom was the ONLY one that made sure us FIVE kids were fed, bathed, had school clothes, birthday parties and made sure “Santa” got us everything on our list and decorated the home for holidays. She was the one to cook homemade meals, pack our lunches and sign permission slips. She was the one to visit teachers and do laundry, yard work and grocery shop. 

My dads “outside of work duties” involved sitting at the “angry table” at the end of the month going over the months bills and writing checks to phone company, mortgage, etc. then watch the sporting game and have his beers that he earned.

My mom even shares with me a story about my delivery at the hospital. She received a third degree tear and the doctor asked her to make sure to take it easy for a couple of days until the stitches healed, a few hours after my birth my dad comes to her and says “Mommy calm81, I need my work uniforms washed, will they release you a bit early” the doctor interjects “Um, Daddy calm81, your wife suffered a tear during delivery and needs to rest for a few days, but even without the tear she only just gave birth a few hours ago and the hospital won’t allow her to leave that soon!” So my dad had to rewear (the inhumanity) his uniforms for a few days working his ass off not to spill any mustard on his shirt lol.

Now, I’m not comparing my dad to DAVID CREEPY EASON, but that’s a lot of mindsets of married men, even the sweet ones. My dad is a sweet man and never abused my mom, but you better have the beds made when he returned home, or have those vacuum marks showing on the carpet otherwise he will snarkly say “what have you done all day?” regardless if my mom just finished her 8 hour shift.

UBT can go pound sand. His wife JENELLE is funding his entire lifestyle and she probably takes on most of the heavy lifting with the kids (I’m trying not to laugh) and does all of the housework. David hit the jackpot in more ways than one when he married Jenelle. He will NEVER have to lift a finger unless it’s the bird, just play with his man toys and siphoning all the money they have and leave her when she’s broke.

Wow! I typed way too much!! Happy new year my lovely PTV family!!! 

May this year bring us some justice with David Eason and that he receives real jail time and Jenelle gets fired. 

I agree with every word you said! Women wanted to prove they could do it all, and men didn't necessarily think they signed up to pitch in. I think things are changing now, thankfully! Your mom sounds like a saint!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I think women not being able to be SAHM has way more to do with the economic reality of these times rather then social pressures. It just isn't feasible for many families to have one parent at home. These TM fools get to do it because they of their miracle six figure incomes. 

As for men (and women!) not wanting to settle down these days...I think that has much less to do with feminism and again, more to do with the reality of these times. Mind you, people settling down in the past had a lot to do with societal pressure, rather then people purely wanting a family. People who didn't necessarily want to be married or have kids didn't always feel they had the option to stay single, as a lot of people would consider them odd or weird. Which led to unhappy, dysfunctional families a lot of times. These days, by not rushing into marriage and kids, young people who do get married are actually divorcing less then their baby boomer parents. I think this is a vastly preferable outcome to what it was in the past, my opinion only. 

I agree with a lot of what you're saying! I just wish it were easier for women to stay home. I agree that economic pressure is the main reason most can't, and I just think it's sad. I wish it could magically change, and I don't have any answers.

Also, I do think people knowing themselves before they marry is a good thing, and delaying marriage isn't necessarily bad. I just feel that if there were a LITTLE more societal encouragement to marry, men (and some women) wouldn't waffle when they've found a good thing, or lead people along for sex. There should be some kind of social stigma if you pretend you want a relationship to lure someone into a hookup, like there used to be. In the fifties, a guy who did this would be shamed, and nobody would want to go out with him for a long time. Remember in gone with the wind when Rhett rode alone in a carriage with that girl, and was shamed because he didn't marry her? I don't want things to be that extreme, but society was set up to protect women, in a way. Now, society doesn't give women this protection, and a lot more guys than you'd think take advantage of it.  Today, the guy laughs and says, "you being heartbroken isn't my problem. I never said we were together," when they heavily implied it. It's totally fine if a guy wants a relationship that is sexual only, but most aren't upfront with this. They want the good girl for their liaison, so they have to lie. They figure using women is fine because of the sexual revolution; "sex for free, yaaaay!"

Also, so many men will date a woman for five or more years, waffling the whole time about marriage, when society in the fifties would have heavily encouraged him to take the plunge, and he would have been happy. I'm not talking about people who hastily get married just to be married (which still does happen today, if you're desperate enough!), and I agree they are happier waiting. However, I'm currently in the process of getting away from such a man so he doesn't waste five years of my life! His brother also lives with his girlfriend of eight years, and she wants to get married, but he's having none of it. Obviously there is something there to be together that long, and living together for a while, and if he married her, he definitely wouldn't be in the same category of someone who is rushing. If there is some offending quality about her, he needs to end it. It would be different if neither of them wanted to marry, but it is so unfair to her. He gives her just enough hope they'll marry to keep her dangling, and paying her share of the bills. Society in the fifties, with all its faults, was set up to prevent this kind of thing, which is increasingly common. They've been together eight years. If he had taken the plunge and married her after year one, it obviously would have worked out. Even if they divorced in a few years, a 10-year marriage isn't exactly something to sneeze at! Again, if she wanted to just live together, whatever, but this situation never would have happened in the fifties.

One could say that eventually, after these guys wait longer and date more people, they will find a match, and "why rush them before they're ready?", but sometimes men already have a good thing need a little prodding, and society / their families / the church / work used to do that prodding. It may well be that they will eventually find someone else, but as a single 31-year-old, I honestly don't see how a string of serious relationships and breakups is good for anybody. I'm trying to be very careful not to fall in love with anyone and get serious until I meet my future husband, because the level of emotional exhaustion in this endless cycle is psychologically hurtful. Hahahaha I wrote a novel, but this whole relaxed attitude of, "heyyyy, throw this one back out into the sea because you're scared, or they chew with their mouth open, 'cause go at your own pace, maaan!" IMO hurts more than it helps (while I agree with you, telling someone not to enter a hasty, ill-advised marriage is a great thing). 

Again, this is all my opinion, and anyone is well within their rights to agree to disagree. I just think that in some ways, we threw the baby out with the bath water when feminism came along, and stopped some social norms that were helpful to women. I'm of course really thankful for the advances we have now, too. Like anything, there are good and bad things that came from it. 

9 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I would love to see more men choose to stay home with their kids while their wives go to work. Because that's an option too.

What "incentive" should there be for men to settle down? Either they want that or not. Why is not wanting that a bad thing? 

I agree about SAHD's! I'd love to see more of that too! Some men might want to, but they have to want to badly enough to face the social stigma. Answered your other question above!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Also, so many men will date a woman for five or more years, waffling the whole time about marriage, when society in the fifties would have heavily encouraged him to take the plunge, and he would have been happy. I'm not talking about people who hastily get married just to be married (which still does happen today, if you're desperate enough!), and I agree they are happier waiting. However, I'm currently in the process of getting away from such a man so he doesn't waste five years of my life! His brother also lives with his girlfriend of eight years, and she wants to get married, but he's having none of it.

Honestly, if a woman stays with a man hoping he will change for her, that is on her. As they say, when someone tells you who they are, believe them. Waffling to me is as good as saying No, I don't want x, y,z. I don't think society should pressure men to settle down more then it should be teach women to value themselves and not settle for less. 

• Love 10

What does any of this have to do with the thread topic? Jenelle and David obviously wanted to be married and neither actually works OR parents.

@druzy The irony is that Cory is half white. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I hope he kicks David’s ass. I’d pay actual money to watch CT from The Challenge beat his ass...though, I think Cory could beat David’s ass well enough by himself.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I agree with a lot of what you're saying! I just wish it were easier for women to stay home. I agree that economic pressure is the main reason most can't, and I just think it's sad. I wish it could magically change, and I don't have any answers.

Also, I do think people knowing themselves before they marry is a good thing, and delaying marriage isn't necessarily bad. I just feel that if there were a LITTLE more societal encouragement to marry, men (and some women) wouldn't waffle when they've found a good thing, or lead people along for sex. There should be some kind of social stigma if you pretend you want a relationship to lure someone into a hookup, like there used to be. In the fifties, a guy who did this would be shamed, and nobody would want to go out with him for a long time. Remember in gone with the wind when Rhett rode alone in a carriage with that girl, and was shamed because he didn't marry her? I don't want things to be that extreme, but society was set up to protect women, in a way. Now, society doesn't give women this protection, and a lot more guys than you'd think take advantage of it.  Today, the guy laughs and says, "you being heartbroken isn't my problem. I never said we were together," when they heavily implied it. It's totally fine if a guy wants a relationship that is sexual only, but most aren't upfront with this. They want the good girl for their liaison, so they have to lie. They figure using women is fine because of the sexual revolution; "sex for free, yaaaay!"

Also, so many men will date a woman for five or more years, waffling the whole time about marriage, when society in the fifties would have heavily encouraged him to take the plunge, and he would have been happy. I'm not talking about people who hastily get married just to be married (which still does happen today, if you're desperate enough!), and I agree they are happier waiting. However, I'm currently in the process of getting away from such a man so he doesn't waste five years of my life! His brother also lives with his girlfriend of eight years, and she wants to get married, but he's having none of it. Obviously there is something there to be together that long, and living together for a while, and if he married her, he definitely wouldn't be in the same category of someone who is rushing. If there is some offending quality about her, he needs to end it. It would be different if neither of them wanted to marry, but it is so unfair to her. He gives her just enough hope they'll marry to keep her dangling, and paying her share of the bills. Society in the fifties, with all its faults, was set up to prevent this kind of thing, which is increasingly common. They've been together eight years. If he had taken the plunge and married her after year one, it obviously would have worked out. Even if they divorced in a few years, a 10-year marriage isn't exactly something to sneeze at! Again, if she wanted to just live together, whatever, but this situation never would have happened in the fifties.

One could say that eventually, after these guys wait longer and date more people, they will find a match, and "why rush them before they're ready?", but sometimes men already have a good thing need a little prodding, and society / their families / the church / work used to do that prodding. It may well be that they will eventually find someone else, but as a single 31-year-old, I honestly don't see how a string of serious relationships and breakups is good for anybody. I'm trying to be very careful not to fall in love with anyone and get serious until I meet my future husband, because the level of emotional exhaustion in this endless cycle is psychologically hurtful. Hahahaha I wrote a novel, but this whole relaxed attitude of, "heyyyy, throw this one back out into the sea because you're scared, or they chew with their mouth open, 'cause go at your own pace, maaan!" IMO hurts more than it helps (while I agree with you, telling someone not to enter a hasty, ill-advised marriage is a great thing). 

Again, this is all my opinion, and anyone is well within their rights to agree to disagree. I just think that in some ways, we threw the baby out with the bath water when feminism came along, and stopped some social norms that were helpful to women. I'm of course really thankful for the advances we have now, too. Like anything, there are good and bad things that came from it. 

I agree about SAHD's! I'd love to see more of that too! Some men might want to, but they have to want to badly enough to face the social stigma. Answered your other question above!

Taking this to small talk. 

2 hours ago, Rebecca said:

What does any of this have to do with the thread topic? Jenelle and David obviously wanted to be married and neither actually works OR parents.

@druzy The irony is that Cory is half white. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I hope he kicks David’s ass. I’d pay actual money to watch CT from The Challenge beat his ass...though, I think Cory could beat David’s ass well enough by himself.

I’m just seriously over Cory!! That dude must’ve watched all episodes of TM2 and TMOG to find out how to be a fan favorite. How to be the fave TV reality dad like Cole, Gary and Jo, etc!! And how NOT to make the same mistakes that David, Nu & old Matt etc, as he seems too phony. 

If the cameras were not around I just don’t see him being the perfect co-parent who BEGS to see his daughter. I don’t doubt he loves his daughter but I feel a sense of over the topness from him and Cheyenne. 

I mean, even NuMatt came on the scenese knowing what NOT to do but since he was tainted by association with amber that it backfired on him; however Cheyenne is new to the show so Cory still has a chance to create his own narrative. The original TM moms and dads did all the trial and error for the new cast. It’s hard to explain so I hope I’m making some sense lol.

David Eason even started out trying to be Mr. Perfect dad in the beginning but he’s just too crazy and like Amy Schumer says “you can only hide crazy under the rug for three months” 😆

• Love 6
1 hour ago, FairyDusted said:

I'm all for Cory and his Challenge buddies for showing up on THE LAND. Those boys have made a living out of crazy games and fights. Bananas would dig the grave for CT and Cory. 

Why limit it to just the boys, I’m sure Cara Maria, Crazy Ashley and Killer Kam would m also do some damage! Hell, bring them all! It’s the one time I’d respect a whole group of people ganging up on one guy.

@Calm81 I don’t like Cory either and never have but I’d marry the dude for life over spending 30 seconds with David. I agree with you that he’s very aware of the cameras and how he’s coming off, but he’s always kinda been like that, even while in the middle of being an asshole on The Challenge, there’s always been the feeling to me that he’s trying to somewhat control his narrative. That feeling comes through much stronger on TM. In a way I give him credit though, his daughter will see all this one day and it just makes things better for her if he doesn’t fully show his ass like so many of the other parents have done on the  show. And I do think he’ll remain an active part of Ryder’s life so it’s not like she’ll see the footage and be like BULLSHIT, he abandoned me right after the show was canceled! The real test will be seeing how he treats women on The Challenge now that he has a daughter. If he stops hitting and quitting it while degrading the women he just slept with I’ll believe he actually has grown some from being a dad, as low as that bar is. He’s obviously eating up the awesome savior narrative Cheyenne is putting out about him. He does seem to have that side to him somewhat so maybe it’s not 100% bullshit. Just my feeling but I think Cory comes from a family that wouldn’t let him get away with being a deadbeat dad as well.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

Did the DumbFucks make it into the new year?

I just checked her Instagram and on her story she has a bunch of creepy videos of David literally calling himself a genius for getting pepper out of his shaker. Yeah. Also fireworks at midnight that it seems like David is setting off and some picture of them with another couple (who?) that says some crap about last night so I guess they found one couple to be “friends” with, for now. Then she has clips of David playing video games and you can hear what I think is Kaiser in the background. Then a bunch of clickbait videos through the day. So, I guess they made it. Why couldn’t the fireworks have gone horribly, horribly  ‘wrong’ for David?

• Love 11

I wish Cory would respond that he called out David because he is a wife beating loser. David would get destroyed by any of The Challenge ppl. He’s just some dumb druggie who’s tough online or when he can speed away on his quad..or if you are his pregnant gf. I actually hate him.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TresGatos said:

Maybe the Celebrity Boxing promoters could set something up between Davis and Cory. I'd pay to see that.

image.png.5c74756fb36a94e45a5ad05852716ccf.png

Edited by druzy
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

This mf can talk to the talk but when it comes to not fighting a woman or fighting without weapons, he isn't down for it. What a pussy.

Exactly. His insecurity is glaringly obvious. He has to throw sex talk in there and make boxing sound almost homosexual, as he turns it down. 

• Love 15

Not that this will be a surprise to anyone but TM2 crew members won't work with Jenelle because of David. Apparently he still comes to set even though he can't be on camera. Since they can't film on The Land anymore and have to film in public places, they probably can't stop David from hanging just outside range. Short of an actual violence order, they can't stop him from being in a public place near the set. 

Given David's erratic, violent and aggressive videos, I can totally understand why crew members would be saying no to Jenelle's shoots. All it would take is Jenelle complaining about her edit, riling up David when he's on a drug trip and I could see him opening fire on set, even if just to scare them. He's totally unpredictable, has access to high powered weapons and a history of violence. I wouldn't want to be around him or his fucked up wife either. 

What I love is that it's causing logistical nightmares for the big shots who have enabled Jenelle's appalling behaviour for so long. They've refused to deal out any kind of consequences for so long and created a monster but now it's come back to bite them in the arse. 

http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2019/01/02/exclusive-teen-mom-2-crew-members-are-refusing-to-work-on-jenelle-evans-shoots-because-theyre-afraid-of-her-husband-david-eason/

• Love 23
2 hours ago, ChocolateAddict said:

Not that this will be a surprise to anyone but TM2 crew members won't work with Jenelle because of David. Apparently he still comes to set even though he can't be on camera. Since they can't film on The Land anymore and have to film in public places, they probably can't stop David from hanging just outside range. Short of an actual violence order, they can't stop him from being in a public place near the set. 

Given David's erratic, violent and aggressive videos, I can totally understand why crew members would be saying no to Jenelle's shoots. All it would take is Jenelle complaining about her edit, riling up David when he's on a drug trip and I could see him opening fire on set, even if just to scare them. He's totally unpredictable, has access to high powered weapons and a history of violence. I wouldn't want to be around him or his fucked up wife either. 

What I love is that it's causing logistical nightmares for the big shots who have enabled Jenelle's appalling behaviour for so long. They've refused to deal out any kind of consequences for so long and created a monster but now it's come back to bite them in the arse. 

http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2019/01/02/exclusive-teen-mom-2-crew-members-are-refusing-to-work-on-jenelle-evans-shoots-because-theyre-afraid-of-her-husband-david-eason/

Amen! I really hope this is the end of filming her. Now please stop the visitation Barbara! And Doris please save Kai! Olivia stopped Kaden's visitation. I hope someone, anyone can help Maryssa and Ensley.

• Love 15