Type keyword(s) to search

Jenelle: Birther Of 3, Mother To None

Everyone knows Ensley does not have Down syndrome. Posts suggesting that she does will be removed and warnings issued. Posts such as these leave the impression that an arguably unflattering picture could somehow be construed as a child being disabled is considered ableist and is against the rules of the board.

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, crazychicken said:

Damage control and I can't say it enough fuck them both they are on a moving boat with a baby and small energetic child running around if the boat is moving all butts should be seated.

Oh. My. God. I can just hear him saying all that in his creepy "sing-song I'm so nice" voice. 

• Love 11

Slightly o/t, but I just returned from a trip to Myrtle Beach, and it really struck me what an idiot Jenelle is to live where she does! It can easily take an hour to get from one side of Myrtle to the other, and then add getting there from freaking Riegelwood?! Oak island is a good hour from Myrtle (at least; probably a little more), and it would have been perfect if she and David, who have no jobs or school holding them in one place, could have chosen to live somewhere like Shallotte, which is in between Myrtle and oak island. It would have been at least thirty minutes each way, so no one would have been all up in their business, so why make things harder? Also, it's a very small, country town, so they could have found some laaaaaand there. I'm just laughing about how hard it will be for Jenelle to do all these drop offs and pickups when she loses the MTV money, and she has to buy gas to go on all these excursions. Even if others are meeting her halfway, it's still a lot! I would also be pissed if I was Doris or Barb that she had to move out to the boonies, because they don't deserve to take time out of their actually busy schedules to drive even halfway out there! If it was for a job, it would be more understandable, but they are wasting time and gas because of the whims of stupid people. I know Jenelle working is a fallacy, but imagine her and David as a dual income family, trying to coordinate all these long driving trips! They are total and complete idiots!

• Love 17
5 hours ago, ElderPrice said:

If Kaiser got bruised at daycare there would be an incident report. All daycare teachers fill out an incident report if a kid gets hurt, a copy is given to the parent and a copy is filed at the school. Then she says Nathan has done worse? But also Kaiser is active and gets a lot of bruises playing on the vast laaaaaaand? Pick a story! 

You make a good point, also I don't know if they're mandated reporters as teachers are, but if the kid comes with bruises to school and his/her story changes and doesn't add up, it HAS to be reported to CPS, or the teacher could lose his/her job. If Kaiser's teachers are mandated reporters, some of those CPS calls could have been from his daycare.

• Love 12
(edited)
28 minutes ago, zenme said:

You make a good point, also I don't know if they're mandated reporters as teachers are, but if the kid comes with bruises to school and his/her story changes and doesn't add up, it HAS to be reported to CPS, or the teacher could lose his/her job. If Kaiser's teachers are mandated reporters, some of those CPS calls could have been from his daycare.

This says that the teachers are mandated reporters so like you said some of the CPS calls could have been from the daycare.

It seems like everyone is a mandated reporter in North Carolina where there is suspected child abuse/neglect. This is the link

General Rule: North Carolina’s reporting law applies to every person and every institution in the state. It requires “[a]ny person or institution who has cause to suspect that any juvenile is abused, neglected, or dependent, as defined by G.S. 7B-101, or has died as the result of maltreatment” to make a report to the county department of social services.1 The reporting requirement applies to doctors, social workers, therapists, teachers, law enforcement officers, and others whose professions sometimes involve them directly with problems of abuse, neglect, or dependency. It applies equally, though, to housing inspectors, store clerks, coworkers, friends, relatives, bystanders, and everyone else.

Mandatory Reporting in NC

Mandatory Reporting Requirements in North Carolina

Q: Who has a duty to report?
A: A private person generally has no obligation to report evidence of a crime. There may be strong practical and moral reasons to report a crime, but that’s not the same as a legal duty. However, there are certain situations in which NC citizens have a legal duty to report:

Everyone has a duty to report in cases where there is suspected:

Child abuse and/or neglect by a parent, guardian, custodian or caretaker. 1

Abuse, neglect or exploitation of a disabled or elder adult by their caretaker. 2

Physicians and Hospitals must report to law enforcement certain kinds of wounds, injuries or illnesses. 3

School Principals must report immediately to law enforcement when he or she has personal or actual knowledge that an act has occurred on school property involving certain offenses. 4

Photo processors or computer technicians who, within the scope of their employment, come across images of a minor (or one who reasonably appears to be a minor) engaging in sexual activity. 5

Q: What is the penalty for failing to report?

NCGS 7B-301(b) states that Any person or institution who knowingly or wantonly fails to report the case of a juvenile as required by subsection (a) of this section, or who knowingly or wantonly prevents another person from making a report as required by subsection (a) of this section, is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. This law came into effect in October 2013.

In Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect in North Carolina, Janet Mason succinctly defines both “knowingly” and “wantonly.” According to Mason, a person acts “knowingly” if they “know what he or she is about to do and, with that knowledge, proceeds to act.” A person acts “wantonly” if they act “with conscious and intentional disregard of an indifference to the rights and safety of others.” Courts have said that “wantonly” basically means “willfully.”

Q: What is the “Standard of Knowledge”?
A: In regards to neglected or abused children, the standard of knowledge is “any cause to suspect that any juvenile is abused, neglected or dependent”.

In regards to abused or neglected disabled/elder adults, the standard of knowledge is “any reasonable cause to believe that a disabled or elder adult is in need of protective services”.

Q: To whom should reports be made?
A: Reports should be made to the Director of the County Department of Social Services in the county in which the child or disabled adult resides or is found. Reports may be made orally or in writing.

Q: What information must be included in the report?
A: The report should include pertinent information such as: the name and address of the juvenile/disabled adult; the name and address of the juvenile/disabled adult’s care-taker; the age of the juvenile/disabled adult; the names and ages of other juveniles/disabled adults in the home; the present whereabouts of the juvenile/disabled adult; the nature and extent of any injury or condition resulting from abuse, neglect, or dependency and; any other information which the person making the report believes might be helpful. 6

Note: In regards to suspected child abuse, if the report is made orally or by telephone, the reporter must include his or her name, address, and telephone number. By remaining anonymous, a reporter obstructs the department’s ability to seek additional information and therefore forfeits his or her right to receive notification about the outcome of the investigation.

1 N.C. Gen. Stat. § 7B-301

2 N.C. Gen. Stat. § 108A-2

3 N.C. Gen Stat. § 90-21.20 – Injuries caused by weapons (guns in every case, knives and sharp objects in suspected criminal cases), poisoning (in every case) and grave bodily harm or illness (due to suspected criminal violence).

4 N.C. Gen Stat. § 115C-288(g) – Offenses include assault, sexual assault, rape, kidnapping, indecent liberties with a minor, assault involving use of a weapon, possession of a firearm or weapon in violation of the law, possession of a controlled substance in violation of the law).

5 N.C. Gen. Stat. § 66-67.4 – The name and address of the person requesting services shall be reported to the National Center for Missing or Exploited Children or to the appropriate law enforcement agency.

6 In regards to suspected child abuse, if the report is made orally or by telephone, the reporter must include his or her name, address, and telephone number. By remaining anonymous, a reporter obstructs the department’s ability to seek additional information and therefore forfeits his or her right to receive notification about the outcome of the investigation.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, ElderPrice said:

But also Kaiser is active and gets a lot of bruises playing on the vast laaaaaaand?

I lived with my friends when they had a two young sons, ages 2 and 4.  They were loving and peaceful parents, but the boys were really, really, active. They were rough with each other (not violent...just competitive).  The 2 year old insisted on doing everything that his brother did, and often had visible bruises.  We got so many dirty looks from strangers when we went out!  Frankly, I would have felt the same way had I not witnessed the combo of unbridled enthusiasm with underdeveloped coordination that toddlers can have.

David and Jenelle are another story - I have zero doubt that they are both violent (physically and emotionally) with the kids - the dead-eye expression on the photos that Jenelle posts always says more than her comments do.  It's hard to imagine a bright future for any of the children, and it makes me feel so sad that no one in their orbit seems to have the skills to undo the damage done.

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, Purerockfury said:

I believe he’s Nathan’s friend. Could be BS but thought it was interesting 

Ryan Dolph has known Jenelle since the Gary soulmate days and he's been friends with Nathan since Jenelle made him soulmate #5342. Sounds like Nathan sent him pics of poor Kaiser's bruises. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that piece of garbage took a switch to that baby while Jenelle locked herself in the bathroom with her bong. I can hear her trying to deny that asshole beating her child by saying she didn't see anything. I hate both of them so much.

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, OldButHappy said:

I lived with my friends when they had a two young sons, ages 2 and 4.  They were loving and peaceful parents, but the boys were really, really, active. They were rough with each other (not violent...just competitive).  The 2 year old insisted on doing everything that his brother did, and often had visible bruises.  We got so many dirty looks from strangers when we went out!  Frankly, I would have felt the same way had I not witnessed the combo of unbridled enthusiasm with underdeveloped coordination that toddlers can have.

David and Jenelle are another story - I have zero doubt that they are both violent (physically and emotionally) with the kids - the dead-eye expression on the photos that Jenelle posts always says more than her comments do.  It's hard to imagine a bright future for any of the children, and it makes me feel so sad that no one in their orbit seems to have the skills to undo the damage done.

The only thing they seem capable of is doubling down on their lies & delusions. They can never take accountability for ANYTHING!! I know that in some situations (like screwing up a report at work) we've all probably made up an excuse or told a little white lie to cover our behinds. You can't do that with EVERY SINGLE THING in your life though. Nobody is perfect. "Yeah Kaiser took a nasty spill off the fort while I was looking at my phone. I felt horrible, and will try not to let that happen again in the future". That is so much more respectable to me than posting a weird diatribe about their "active" bubby wubby.  *Disclaimer: I will never actually respect Jenelle

• Love 22

There is something so disgusting about accused child abusers in general (& Jenelle in particular) reciting all the ways their children could have been bruised. "But he's so active! He plays sports! And swims! and goes to daycare! Seriously he's a bruiser!" My poor son had a couple bad falls when he was a toddler that left a nasty bruise around his eye. But I remember specifically how/when he got those bruises and I didn't feel compelled to list off a dozen ways he *may* have gotten them.

• Love 16

I agree with everyone's comments. Kids pick up their share of lumps and bumps in life, it's inevitable. However if Doris worked in social services for 30 years I imagine she's well-versed in the difference between typical kid injuries and physical abuse.

• Love 23

Plus we have hours of documented time where David was being hostile to Kaiser. How do they expect anyone to believe that it's rainbows and roses over there all the time? Jenelle should be keeping track of his bruises and know exactly what they're from, since people have a valid reason to suspect abuse anyway. I can't imagine seeing a child get new bruises every day and shrug it off. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, OldButHappy said:

I can barely knock my leg into the coffee table and my leg turns black and blue instantly.  I look like I’m being beat at times, but I’m not.  I know that isn’t the case with poor Kaiser.  Breaks my heart. 

• Love 10
(edited)
8 hours ago, crazychicken said:

Damage control and I can't say it enough fuck them both they are on a moving boat with a baby and small energetic child running around if the boat is moving all butts should be seated.

My god, everyone is mean to that poor little boy. Did anyone notice that when he went to sit down, a leg (that I'm assuming belongs to David's son) moved so that he couldn't sit down. I know that that's normal kids stuff but this is when a (good) parent steps in and let's the kid know that it's not ok to do that. 

I hate saying this but it looks like Marissa is dancing on a pole. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, crazychicken said:

Does he really think that no one will see through this obvious attempt at damage control? “Oh, Kaiser’s just clumsy, that’s all!” Classic abuser. 

• Love 14

That confirms Nathan called CPS immediately after noticing the marks. Jenelle's groupies were claiming the whole thing was suspect because the Griffins waited til the last day of Kaiser's visit to call the cops. So they're wrong as usual.

• Love 21

That poor, sweet child. Nathan called them on Friday and no one bothered to contact him. Please, please, please! Someone stand up for that child and don't make him go back there.

• Love 18

The fact that they are posting the David fathers day thing after this incident is disgusting!!! Honestly the only reason they are doing it is to make themselves look better, and it just disgusts me. That fathers day thing is on Davids facebook, and Jenelle's facebook, twitter, and instagram. And it makes me mad because it wasn't done with love or pride of Kaiser. 

• Love 16
(edited)

My heart breaks and I feel like I’m going to throw up.  I’m thinking of my just turned 4 year nephew  and nieces who can be a handfuls and l can’t imagine anything they could do that would warrant such rage.  Nor can I imagine anyone inflicting such pain on them and turning a blind eye.  Poor Kaiser...

ETA: them posting that stupid propaganda on SM is so dumb.  It’s not like a judge will look at the pictures of the bruising and listen to phone call to 911 and go ‘well, I dunno.  They look happy on Instagram so motion denied’.  At least I hope not.

Edited by LBS
Rage made me forget the social media crap.
  • Love 17

So now on top of putting David before all of her children and family, she is putting him above her financial future and the jobs of the crew. Despite this, I'm really glad that Jenelle hasn't signed a contract yet with MTV. I hope it falls through, then the stupid show can fall through. It sounds like half the kids aren't going to be on it anyway. I'm hopeful that without the show they won't have money for drugs or vacations and will give up all their kids. 

I haven't noticed her or David coming out and denying these accusations, just deflecting them. 

I hope this is it for them. 

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, MrsSlinky said:

The fact that they are posting the David fathers day thing after this incident is disgusting!!! Honestly the only reason they are doing it is to make themselves look better, and it just disgusts me. That fathers day thing is on Davids facebook, and Jenelle's facebook, twitter, and instagram. And it makes me mad because it wasn't done with love or pride of Kaiser. 

It is really gross how they're like, "Bruises on a child don't mean anything! It could be this, or this, or this, or this! There are so many ways little kids get marks and bruises! It's totally no big deal!" What constantly trips me out about Jenelle and UBT is how they don't seem to have any genuine feelings for or remorse about how they treat their kids. Their sole focus is on propping up their public image as parents. There are sick, damaged, abusive/neglectful parents who genuinely feel bad for how they mistreat their kids. That doesn't make the mistreatment ok, but I do think it's slightly better than not giving a fuck.

Jenelle asks for unlimited sympathy for how she suffered being the child of a basically decent and loving, but overworked and overwhelmed, single parent, but she expects everyone to give her and her sick husband passes for being sick, abusive, drug-abusing, self-involved parents while they're collecting huge paychecks for doing nothing. She can't even fake giving a fuck about any of her kids. ALL of her tantrums and tears are for herself- either because people are "being mean to her" or because people are "unfairly blaming UBT" (which makes him verbally/physically abuse her). She has never once even said, "I know UBT means well, but I felt like he was a little hard on Jace/Kaiser..." She doesn't even pretend to give a fuck about her kids. I honestly think that she doesn't understand that she's supposed to at least pretend to in order to come off as "normal" and a "good mom."

As for the Father's Day/bio dad thing, Jenelle has publicly lamented and lambasted Barb for cutting her (abusive, uncaring) father out of her life. Though she knows that her dad physically abused Barb (and?) her sibling(s), she has made public statements blaming Barb for not allowing him in her life (though he has stated publicly that his kids can contact him if they want a relationship). So her now proudly/openly attempting to cut Kaiser's dad (who has made way more effort than her own dad to be in his life) out is disgustingly hypocritical as well as just disgusting. AGAIN, a decent person/parent would be like, "Even though my dad was/is an abusive, uncaring piece of shit, I know how important it was to me to believe that he cared about me when I was a kid. I'm going to encourage Kaiser to make a Father's Day card for Nathan even though he doesn't deserve it." (not that I believe their story about Kaiser only wanting to celebrate UBT, not his dad (whom he clearly adores.)). I fully believe that if I started picking Kaiser up every other weekend and showering him with love and attention, he'd be thrilled to make cards for "Aunt TheRealT." It's really not that deep with toddlers.

• Love 23

Well I guess the photos will tell the story lines from a stick are going to leave a different bruise than a rough waterslide ride. Good on Nathan for being calm throughout that call he got the facts out that he was really worried and there had been no follow up by the police and CPS.

I hope that Doris can get at least some temporary custody because if he is sent back UBT is going to punish Kai so much, how dare that little bitch humiliate him like this. Daycare really is his saviour right now he needs to be there as long as possible to keep him away from the land and in future I can see Janelle refusing to hand Kai over if there are marks so no evidence can be gathered.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, druzy said:

This says that the teachers are mandated reporters so like you said some of the CPS calls could have been from the daycare.

It seems like everyone is a mandated reporter in North Carolina where there is suspected child abuse/neglect. This is the link

However, there are certain situations in which NC citizens have a legal duty to report:

Everyone has a duty to report in cases where there is suspected:

Child abuse and/or neglect by a parent, guardian, custodian or caretaker.

So I guess MTV's loophole is that the producers didn't have to report the abuse they witnessed (most likely on multiple occasions) because they aren't NC residents. What bullshit.

What is the penalty for failing to report?

NCGS 7B-301(b) states that Any person or institution who knowingly or wantonly fails to report the case of a juvenile as required by subsection (a) of this section, or who knowingly or wantonly prevents another person from making a report as required by subsection (a) of this section, is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

I don't see how this law could only apply to people who live within that state, and everybody else gets off scot-free for turning a blind eye. Unless I'm interpreting it wrong, but the beginning of the article states 'NC citizens'. This is really pissing me off.

• Love 6

This is in no way a commentary on whether or not or why Kaiser may or may not be potty trained, I do not know where he is on that... but I was thinking Kaiser has as recently as May (his preschool award ceremony) been photographed wearing a pull up, so *if* he is still wearing pull ups and there was still a bruise he had to be hit hard. There are about a million scenarios where, even if he wears pull ups he might not have been when he was hit, so I’m not claiming this is even what happened, I hesitated on sharing it because I didn’t want it to be taken that way.

My point/thought process is simply that if Kaiser is still wearing pull ups, that significantly decreases the chances that his bruises were accidental because a rough tumble or slip would be a lot less likely to leave a mark. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, leighroda said:

This is in no way a commentary on whether or not or why Kaiser may or may not be potty trained, I do not know where he is on that... but I was thinking Kaiser has as recently as May (his preschool award ceremony) been photographed wearing a pull up, so *if* he is still wearing pull ups and there was still a bruise he had to be hit hard. There are about a million scenarios where, even if he wears pull ups he might not have been when he was hit, so I’m not claiming this is even what happened, I hesitated on sharing it because I didn’t want it to be taken that way.

My point/thought process is simply that if Kaiser is still wearing pull ups, that significantly decreases the chances that his bruises were accidental because a rough tumble or slip would be a lot less likely to leave a mark. 

I thought the same thing at first. But UBT is such a savage asshole, I would bet money that he makes Kaiser pull his pants down before he hits him. I wish someone would take a giant stick to him......for an hour.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, leighroda said:

I would guess he doesn't wear them all the time, but I'm still inclined to agree (especially after hearing Nathan's 911 call). 

• Love 4

I'm also guessing if David did indeed whip him with a switch he made him pull his pull up down or whipped him over just underwear to be more effective punishment.  

• Love 3
(edited)

They sent him back?!?!  Holy shit, this really breaks my heart. I genuinely have tears in my eyes thinking about him going back to that abuse.  It is about to get much worse for him too, as soon as he walks into that broken house, he's going to get it.  Maybe not physically, for now, but they're going to emotionally better that poor boy and in a lot of cases, that's worse than physical abuse.  I know it's a different  scenario but I used to beg my ex to please just shut up and hit me.  

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 16

Jenelle will be posting pretend family love staring Kaiser all weekend no doubt.  When the camera is not on him, he is going to get at least verbally abused more than ever.

• Love 11