Type keyword(s) to search

Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I love Tammy. I don't think she's boring she has always been a true friend to the girls she are friends with. 

Karli & Mimi need to mind their business though. It's creepy as fuckthat they are just taking it upon themselves to find out if the baby is Kirks. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Yasmine said:

I love Tammy. I don't think she's boring she has always been a true friend to the girls she are friends with. 

Karli & Mimi need to mind their business though. It's creepy as fuckthat they are just taking it upon themselves to find out if the baby is Kirks. 

But that isn't what reality TV is about.  Reality TV is about drama and shenanigans and messiness.  Most especially Love and Hip Hop.

If I wanted to watch a show about true friends I would watch Golden Girls.  Those women were true friends AND had great one liners.

Boring Biddy Tammi and her "oh, I don't feel comfortable, you have to stop talking" are not made for reality TV.*  She is made to do whatever else she has a talent for....terrible makeup?

*And honestly, if Kirk's baby is a storyline (which I believe) then boring biddy Tammi isn't doing them any favors either by trying to not let it be a storyline.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, RealReality said:

But that isn't what reality TV is about.  Reality TV is about drama and shenanigans and messiness.  Most especially Love and Hip Hop.

If I wanted to watch a show about true friends I would watch Golden Girls.  Those women were true friends AND had great one liners.

Boring Biddy Tammi and her "oh, I don't feel comfortable, you have to stop talking" are not made for reality TV.*  She is made to do whatever else she has a talent for....terrible makeup?

*And honestly, if Kirk's baby is a storyline (which I believe) then boring biddy Tammi isn't doing them any favors either by trying to not let it be a storyline.

Reality TV is actually for Reality (which this show has none).

Tammy doesn't want to gossip about her friend that's fine. It doesn't stop them from gossiping & it doesn't mean she has to be apart of it. I don't care if Tammy is on the show or not honestly that doesn't mean she is "boring" because she doesn't want to speculate about someone's marriage. It just means this scene is not for her lol. 

Edited by Yasmine
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Yasmine said:

Reality TV is actually for Reality (which this show has none).

Tammy doesn't want to gossip about her friend that's fine. It doesn't stop them from gossiping & it doesn't mean she has to be apart of it. I don't care if Tammy is on the show or not honestly that doesn't mean she is "boring" because she doesn't want to speculate about someone's marriage. 

Really?  I don't think there has been a true "reality show" since the first season of Real World.  And LHH is one of the more heavily produced shows in the "reality" genre.  

This show is about messiness and drama and ratchetness and for those entertained by such things (me!).  And if boring biddy Tammi can't bring that, then she should find something else to do.

In real life, I would agree that Tammi's desire to not talk about her friend wouldn't make her boring.

But this isn't real life, this is LHH: Atlanta.  A reality show for entertainment.  And Tammy is not entertaining.  She is boring compared to everyone else.

On this show, everyone else has something to do or a storyline.  Rasheeda and Kirk have the baby.  Tommie is crazy and dealing with Joseline and the court case.  Mimi has a role in the Kirk baby drama with Rodney and her new girlfriend.  Karlie Redd spreads all the news, and has her beef with Tommi.  Joseline has the baby drama (which I'm sure will pull Mimi in).  Boring Tammy has nothing except taking Wocka back, which is equally boring.  Rasheeda did it better two seasons ago.  Tammi isn't pulling her weight.  At the very least, she should be a conduit for moving the other storylines forward since she doesn't have anything interesting going on.  Not only can she not manage that, she stops the storyline.

If Tammi feels like her moral code is above doing what everyone else is doing, I think thats wonderful.  She should find something else to do.  I'm sure someone, somewhere is in need of ill fitting clothing and awful makeup.

If she doesn't want to be a part of the show, and what others are doing on the show, then why is she on the show again?

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 6

Episode 4:

"In With the New"

Tommie is mixing it up with new friends and a potential new man; the end may be near for Scrappy and Bambi; Karlie finds out some shocking details about Jasmine, which prompts Joc to reveal a big secret.

Airs March 27, 2017.

1. Three grown ass, able bodied adults in an apartment, and no one can work to pay the rent?  WTF?  Aren't two of these women strippers?  How come they need Kirk's money for the apartment?

2. When did Cardi B gain 50 pounds and start doing "bomb ass nails" in Atlanta?

3. I like Karlie Redd, I really do.  But even I thought she was doing too much this episode.  Pfft at "the only reason I went to Jasmines was for my girl Rasheeda,"  girl bye, you went there to be messy for a storyline.  Stop pretending otherwise

4. Also, there is something sad about these beautiful women who will sleep with pretty much anyone.  Such low self esteem.

5. Brandi and Scrappy....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

6. But in good news, no boring biddy Tammy!

7. I bet that kid is Joc's, he seems to get women pregnant just by looking at them funny

8.  More Jessica Dime!  Right now she is my favorite person on the show and she gets like 10 minutes of airtime :(

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, RealReality said:

1. Three grown ass, able bodied adults in an apartment, and no one can work to pay the rent?  WTF?  Aren't two of these women strippers?  How come they need Kirk's money for the apartment?

2. When did Cardi B gain 50 pounds and start doing "bomb ass nails" in Atlanta?

3. I like Karlie Redd, I really do.  But even I thought she was doing too much this episode.  Pfft at "the only reason I went to Jasmines was for my girl Rasheeda,"  girl bye, you went there to be messy for a storyline.  Stop pretending otherwise

4. Also, there is something sad about these beautiful women who will sleep with pretty much anyone.  Such low self esteem.

5. Brandi and Scrappy....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

6. But in good news, no boring biddy Tammy!

7. I bet that kid is Joc's, he seems to get women pregnant just by looking at them funny

8.  More Jessica Dime!  Right now she is my favorite person on the show and she gets like 10 minutes of airtime :(

1.  They wanna be paid for like the side chicks at the strip club.  Ooh!  & look, some of the women have standards!!  Loved Tommie, Lovely Mimi & Dime side-eying those dumbasses.  When you're getting morality lessons at the strip club, you need to think about your life choices.

2. Dead.

3-6. All of this.

7. You know you right.  Joc has dimples too & has to keep up with Shiddy Feet in NYC.

8. Not my fave yet, but she's moved up a few places.

• Love 2

I actually sat through the episode literally mouth open in disbelief in the hot lava mess that was on my tv.  I had to change the channel a couple of times because it was just that cringe worthy and to let my tv cool off.  I like my tv and can’t have it melting. 

Yooooooo… This new group of “ladies” no words?  The Salon owner and her pretend bougieness, ghetto ratchet nail technician, the ring don’t mean a thing twins – syphilis “I’m really a radio personality” Jones and chlamydia “pay my bills” Brown was just too much even for this show.

Although I know better, part of me is hoping this is just an act because if not the producers should be ashamed exploiting them like this.  There has to be some level of responsibility they must accept for putting these women on the screen. By giving them a platform to act out for some pennies not only are they condoning and rewarding their behavior but “inspiring” the next generation of reality tv “welfare” stars.  I’m scared to think about what will be on my screen in 5 years.  Think about the level of ratchetness that reality stars had 5 years ago and how tame it seems now compared to what is on tv currently.  What will it be in 5 years? I shudder to think…. Jesus take the wheel and febreeze the backseat.

• Love 7

I don't understand the point of anyone new that we "met" on this episode. I'm not interested in tales from your local salon or the nail tech chronicles. What do any of them or any of their lives have to do with Love and Hip Hop? Hell, we've made some pretty sketchy connections in the past (at least Nikko pretended to be an "artist") but did Mona just give up trying?

Leave, and take Tommie and her pancake makeup with you. 

• Love 3

Episode 5:

"War and Peace"

Joseline wants to gather friends and asks for Melissa's help; Joc and Karlie go on double dates; Tresure and Tommie face off; and Kirk continues to deal with the fallout of his infidelity. Later, Moriah's married man is revealed.

Airs April 4, 2017.

On 4/2/2017 at 2:33 PM, Watermelon said:

We taking bets that Moriah's married man is Sierra's husband?

I told my husband that when we were watching. He doesn't think so but I think she mentions Sierra's husband WAY too much. & why would her husband tell her to hire her client? lol that's just weird. 

The audacity and boldness of this group of heathens is incredible.  Who comes on a show and does a talking head interview about how he is cheating on his wife with her employee and said employee bragging about how she has her boss's husband by the balls and he gives her money.  And did we just witness a crime?!?!!?  I think that was extortion!   And did I just hear that chicken say "my money is tight so I am going to stay at my current job" uhhh no you won't sweetie not after last night when the episode aired.   

I just can't anymore....

• Love 4
(edited)

So Rod comes home and Jasmine is suddenly getting buck? Girl, you knew what you were doing when you spilled all to Karli and Joc. Don't play Billy Bad Ass now. And no one believed you were going to do anything other than "shake the table".

Mona done got some really messy ratchets this time. When Tommie seems classier than you, there's a problem. Oh and "welcome to the A, hoe" needs to be a thing. 

Edited by Dream Boy
  • Love 2
(edited)

My opinion on this ridiculous episode:

This scene with the boys is just ridiculous. They are all gross. Kirk should have told Rasheeda EVERYTHING from the beginning.

Joseline doesn't need to take anymore advice from Wendy Williams. & I don't think that she has changed.

I actually like Lovely Mimi, she's ratchet but she seems really genuine. 

This scene with Sierra/Shooter & Joc/Karli was extremely uncomfortable.

Melissa is one of my favorites from this season. Joseline is putting her in a very crappy situation and I would say "HELL NO." Joseline is crazy & is insincere. I'm not surprised Tammy said no.

Treasure is NOT 23!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & she is full of crap... I do NOT like her at all. I don't know why Joc & Sina/Karli's relationship is of interest to her.

Shirleen is 100% right about Kirk!!!!!! But we all know Rasheeda isn't going anywhere! She's been embarrassed every season of this show this will continue next season.

This whole relationship with Jasmine, that other girl & Rod is BS. 

I KNEW Sierra's husband was the guy Moriah slept with. Btw, she kinda looks like a broke Nia Riley. 

I don't think Joc slept with "this" Jasmine. Jasmine got really hood fast, I found that hilarious. & Karli knows she can't fight. 

Tommie really tried to control herself for about 5 minutes in this scene with Treasure (again there is no way Treasure is 23)

PS. How is Sina dating Rod? He already has 10 girlfriends. ?

PPS. I would totally watch a show with Joc, Scrappy, & Stevie. That would be hilarious. 

PPPS. THERE IS NO WAY TREASURE IS 23

Edited by Yasmine
  • Love 6

I have been away from Previously.TV  for far too long. I miss these hilarious discussions of the HOT ASS mess that is LAHH:ATL. Looking forward to cutting up in here again.

Last Monday's episode was even more of a hot mess than the usual. I will say that I think Treasure is "23" like Margot Robbie is "26." She is fooling NO ONE.

Also, I think Tommie is genuinely nuts and needs to be in therapy and not on reality TV. Mona, you know you wrong for this.

giphy.gif

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ororo Monroe said:

I have been away from Previously.TV  for far too long. I miss these hilarious discussions of the HOT ASS mess that is LAHH:ATL. Looking forward to cutting up in here again.

Last Monday's episode was even more of a hot mess than the usual. I will say that I think Treasure is "23" like Margot Robbie is "26." She is fooling NO ONE.

Also, I think Tommie is genuinely nuts and needs to be in therapy and not on reality TV. Mona, you know you wrong for this.

giphy.gif

I believe Mona is missing the part of her brain that allows her to feel shame.

There are too many damn people on this show.  Its starting to feel like a sketch comedy show.  This week we added that womans husband, and he looks....touched.  I find it hard to believe anyone is sleeping with some of these dudes, much less two women.

And then we added Treasure P, and if she is 23, so is Karlie Redd.  I guess we also have the Kirk's baby momma crew, and wanna be Cardi B.  And then woman who owns the nail shop, and the flea.  Its just too many people.  

However, I haven't had to be annoyed with boring Tammy for like two episodes now, so at least theres that.

And what is it with some of these women and cheap ass wigs?  Say what you will about Jessica Dime, you know her hair is a wig, but it looks good.  I look at Moriah with a $29 beauty shop clearance rack wig and I don't get it.  I mean, do you think it looks good, or no one told you this was being filmed?

I personally think Tommi is on drugs, and while she is entertainingly crazy, it does feel sort of exploitative to use her.  Like watching an episode of Hoarders, it funny to watch the train wreck, and yeah, we all had a moment when we found out that had plastic bags of poo stacked up in her bathroom....but still. 

And just LOL at capturing bonified extortion on camera.

• Love 2

Episode 6:

"Frenemies"

Joc confronts his ex Sina about her relationship with Rod. Moriah's married man is revealed. Joseline rekindles an old friendship. Stevie goes to great lengths to bring his family together.

Airs April 10, 2017.

I cannot deal with Moriah's b.s. storyline because how are you going to be talking about blackmailing a man into paying for your pay when this already has clearly signed onto a NATIONAL TV SHOW to let everybody know that you're some side piece he's being knocking. This doesn't even have sense of internal logic so stuff like this happens all the time where people will film scenes and talking about how they don't want so-and-so to know. If that was true, being in a front of a camera crew would not be the way to do it.

The Jessica Dime/Joseline makeup scene seemed incredibly weird because the last time we saw them really, if I remember correctly, was them making up with each other at the reunion for the exact things Dime was talking about.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

I cannot deal with Moriah's b.s. storyline because how are you going to be talking about blackmailing a man into paying for your pay when this already has clearly signed onto a NATIONAL TV SHOW to let everybody know that you're some side piece he's being knocking. This doesn't even have sense of internal logic so stuff like this happens all the time where people will film scenes and talking about how they don't want so-and-so to know. If that was true, being in a front of a camera crew would not be the way to do it.

The Jessica Dime/Joseline makeup scene seemed incredibly weird because the last time we saw them really, if I remember correctly, was them making up with each other at the reunion for the exact things Dime was talking about.

She doesn't like him.  They had sex and now she wants $70,000.  She is just a very ambitious (or delusional) hooker.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 3

I hate Joselines song and I hate the LHH franchise for even filming that.  The lyrics "I don't need a baby daddy" is fucking pathetic.

First off, maybe YOU don't need a baby daddy, but perhaps you child would appreciate one.  Second, I hate the idea that it would encourage women to be okay with this situation.  I'm not old school, but I had my dad growing up, and I appreciate it.  A lot of kids who don't have active father figures end up suffering for it (see Stevie J's son, see also Riley Burress) so its nothing to be taken lightly.  A father is important.  I'm not down on single mothers but I don't think its a situation that women should be looking for.  At the very least because I think kids flourish when they have both parents (and that is not to take anything away from single mothers who raise wonderful adults).

In other news, Jessica Dime is still my favorite, she looked gorgeous at that dumb video shoot

Why was Sierra wearing lingerie to the video shoot?

Umm, I know this show is barely trying anymore, but when you make the uber driver stay its clear you're just there to film a scene.

They must be getting ready to re-cast this franchise because these last few episodes have been all about the new girls.  I haven't seen Mimi in a hot minute.  I'm hoping they replace boring biddy Tammy with Jessica Dime!

Every time I see Sina all I can think about was that awful scene where she stuck her wonky toe in Joc's face.

• Love 4

I was creeped out by the convo with Jos and JDime because, was it just me or, was Jos doing some serious eye fucking of JDime.  Chick, you're pregnant! They say that during pregnancy your horniness can be off the chart but girl keep it in check. 

Moriah the extortionist needs to take a couple of seats. When she was talking about her "dream" to open a wayward home for chickens to get a drink and cluck in a den of STI's my eyes rolled back in my head. That was a seriously raw space and I doubt Moriah knows enough about permits, liquor licenses, simple math to be the "boss" she is pretending to be.  

If there are any lawyers reading this thread please weigh in - What Moriah admitted to (several times) was extortion, Right?  That is still a crime, right?  

• Love 1

I know this has been brought up before, but it's all I can see when I watch the talking heads:  all the hand gestures are so over the top.  Do they all go to "hand gesture school" before they begin filming?  It's so ridiculous, and seems to get more pronounced every season.

Do people really gesture like that in real life?

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 3

Another thing that grated my nerves was the convo with Joc and the baby mama of the twins.  I don't know why he just didn't say outright that I don't wan't Rod around my twin girls because....  and I question why you would want to mess with him given he already has two "girlfriends". Is that a situation you want to expose to our children?

Personally, a man in a sketchy "relationship" with two prostitutes/strippers/STI incubators  is not someone I would want around my daughters.  

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

Another thing that grated my nerves was the convo with Joc and the baby mama of the twins.  I don't know why he just didn't say outright that I don't wan't Rod around my twin girls because....  and I question why you would want to mess with him given he already has two "girlfriends". Is that a situation you want to expose to our children?

Personally, a man in a sketchy "relationship" with two prostitutes/strippers/STI incubators  is not someone I would want around my daughters.  

....and is a scam artist.  Do you really want him around your kids name, birth date and social security number?

• Love 2

I want to know if the Special Needs bus broke down in front on Mon Ami Entertainment.

I want to know if it is a rite of passage as a newbie to wear a wig being held down by a broken paper clip and a dollop of Elmer’s Glue.

Sierra in the parking lot says I have too much class for this as she walks off in her sheer lingeree. Was that a World Star crown tattoo on her chest?

Moriah you gonna be a pariah to both men and women after this show. If you have all these side men taking care of you how can money be tight?

Sierra only does nails and makeup right? No way could she have done hair – they all can’t even tilt their heads.

Sometimes I like Lovely Mimi…then sometimes she just gives me a headache.

• Love 1
On 4/11/2017 at 6:14 AM, RealReality said:

She doesn't like him.  They had sex and now she wants $70,000.  She is just a very ambitious (or delusional) hooker.

Mmmm...I don't know about that.  She was very passionate about only being interested in him for sex....

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Watermelon said:

Mmmm...I don't know about that.  She was very passionate about only being interested in him for sex....

The day I can charge a man 70K for sex is the day I'll be interested in him for sex too :)

JK.....kinda :)

• Love 5
Just now, RealReality said:

The day I can charge a man 70K for sex is the day I'll be interested in him for sex too :)

JK.....kinda :)

That's real as hell lol.  But if I had 70K, I'd be quite unbothered by whatever you want to pretend your deal is with me. Cuz I've got the monies.  She was just too histrionic for my tastes....Plus, someone on Twitter had a side by side of her and LittleFoot the dinosaur and now I'll never take her seriously as a dispassionate sex worker.

• Love 4
On 4/14/2017 at 9:41 AM, Watermelon said:

That's real as hell lol.  But if I had 70K, I'd be quite unbothered by whatever you want to pretend your deal is with me. Cuz I've got the monies.  She was just too histrionic for my tastes....Plus, someone on Twitter had a side by side of her and LittleFoot the dinosaur and now I'll never take her seriously as a dispassionate sex worker.

She wanted more because her voice got high as hell and wavery when he dissed her. She played herself.

Edited by announcergirl
  • Love 1

Episode 7:

"Grapes of Wrath"

Tommie's new business has people wonder about her ability to make decisions; Joseline and Stevie face off in court; Dime reveals that she and Joseline have reconciled; Sierra confronts Moriah.

Airs April 17, 2017.

Well, at least I only had to watch half the show since I FF through everything about boring biddy Tammy and her lame story line.

You know, I accept and understand that every show needs a shit stirrer and bone carrier (TM Sheree), but it annoys me when its so obvious and the person tries to deny it.  I'm looking squarely at you Lovely Mimi, you knew damn well what you were doing and you did it to get camera time.  She is really a poor mans Cardi B.  

They must be thinking about re-casting this show, because I haven't seen Rasheeda or Mimi in a hot minute.  And luckily boring biddy Tammy wasn't on the last two episodes.  Either way, its about time.  I say fire everyone except Joseline, Stevie J, Tommy and Karlie Redd.  Add Jessica Dime.  Do not add Lovely Mimi,  Karlie Redd can carry bones and stir shit just fine.

I still love Jessica Dime, and once again boring ass biddy Tammy won't let drama happen.  Bitch, you think I watch this show to watch you dummies kumbyyah with each other?  I wanted to see drama, since Lovely Mimi had set it all up so nicely.  And its rude to interrupt someone talking, you boring bitch!  Damn, just stay home and be boring.  Tammy is just the very worst, she sucks all the life out of every scene she is in.

Why shouldn't Dime be allowed to explain herself?  She wasn't the one who brought it up and clearly Tommy was mad, was Jessica Dime supposed to sit there like a mute?

Sierra and Moriah -- you lie Sierra, a 13 year old boy would know better than to wear that sorry ass wig. 

Every single person, from KK to everyone who showed up at that party to Mona should be ashamed of themselves for enabling an alcoholic.  I get that drunk Tommy is good for ratings, and I let it slide, but damn come on now.

Also, Tommy, you're not in trouble with the cops because of Joseline, you're in trouble with the cops because you are violent and you can't control yourself.

• Love 8
On 4/14/2017 at 3:38 PM, announcergirl said:

She wanted more because her voice got high as hell and wavery when he dissed her. She played herself.

THIS. That change in pitch and tone was because FEELINGS. Feelings got involved, sis. Don't lie.

• Love 6

This scene with Tommie & Dime really pissed me off. I've never had an issue with Tammy but when she cut Dime off to ask about those nails that really annoyed me. & for Tommie to overreact about Dime was just irrational bullshit. So you're mad at Dime but when they had drinks that day she is the one who asked Dime to talk to Joseline. & what kind of grown women really get mad because two other grown women (who were friends for years) decided to make up  

I'm so disgusted with these childish as women. 

Edited by Yasmine
  • Love 2

Episode 8:

"In Due Time"

Tommie's wine tasting brings drama and a surprise guest. Scrappy holds Kirk to the fire on the paternity of baby Kannon. Karlie finds out some truths about Joc. Joseline prepares for the birth of Bonnie. Mimi confronts Melissa.

Airs April 24, 2017.

4 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

I'm dying that Mimi spent the episode going from house to house just to yell at various people.

Mimi must be scared as hell that she is about to get replaced.  I have barely seen her this season.  

Seriously show, please stop trying to make Ariane and Tammy happen.  Lesbian Ariane is just as boring as Original Ariane.

Sadly Mimi, Melissa is right, you have traded up!  Think about it girl, your new boo has a successful business, no kids, and isn't dating 5 other people behind your back.  Olive Garden is gourmet to someone who has only eaten at Arbys.

What is going on with Scrappy's hair...just stop

Also, why is Sina at this ambush?  Girl, you two are not together!  Why do you care if he is dating Karlie Redd or Drunk Tommie?

Its so funny when two people try to have the exact same persona, and one is likeable and the other isn't.....seriously, this personality works for Cardi B.  Lovely Mimi is just annoying.  Like girl, don't make it so obvious you want camera time by having words with someone you don't even know.

• Love 2

The PR Princess kills me Stebie can't see her/his daughter cause he has been mean to the unborn child, but she wants child support.  Just give me money and go away.  Check out how relived PRP was when the test said Stevie was the father. lol Rasheeda, wants Kirk to fight for their marriage, AKA she doesn't want to leave she just wants Kirk to beg and plead etc.  Just say that lol, stop pretending your going to file for divorce.  

• Love 2
22 hours ago, RealReality said:

DID THIS MOTHERFUCKER JUST COMPARE HIMSELF TO JESUS CHRIST?

I'm still calling fake storyline - Kirk can't get through a scene of this ridiculous plot without laughing. An actor he is not. 

Mimi, sell all the wolf tickets you want boo - you ain't hard. You embarrass me. You embarrass yourself. 

• Love 2

I kinda wish Mimi would say out loud what Joseline accused Stevie of, because after that? I would punch that bitch on sight. Joseline went entirely too far with her shenanigans and it has to kill Mimi that Stevie is so forgiving 

• Love 1