Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

I hate that all the cast members have to walk on eggshells and ignore Kim's issues. They don't want to be labeled as the bad guy or seen as "picking on her" when they observe her impairment.

If you don't bury your head in the sand and pretend everything is fine, then you're on her list. I couldn't do it.

• Love 6

I think these three girls grew up in a very fucked up environment. Honestly, it is less shocking to me that Kim turned out the way she did, and more shocking that for the most part Kyle seemed to come out of it all fairly unscathed. I think that the fact that Kyle was able to move on and cobble together what looks to be a very nice little life is part of the dynamic between Kyle and Kim. Kyle doesn't understand why Kim just cannot seem to get her shit together and Kim doesn't understand how Kyle could. 

I think this is probably accurate, although I don't know if either sister has come to terms with how fucked up their mother (reputedly) was. From their conflicting comments, I get the sense Kyle and Kim were probably played against one another by their mother their whole lives. Big Kathy manipulated Kyle by telling her to take care of Kim on her deathbed, probably building on a lifetime of being told she was the "capable" sister, as a compensation for her not marrying as wealthy a man (the first time around, at least) as her two older sisters or not being as conventionally beautiful. Big Kathy likely manipulated Kim by telling her that the family (and Kyle's) livelihood depended on her acting (even if that wasn't entirely accurate), and likely simultaneously conveyed to Kim how talented, beautiful, etc. she was and how incapable she was of managing her life herself.

To be fair, I posted my pro-Kim post before seeing most of Seasons 2, 3, and the end of 4. I now have a more measured opinion of the Richard Sisters. I do think they both have their flaws, although they win the joint prize of being the least sociopathic members of the RHoBH cast! I see how manipulative and self-centered Kim can be, but her brand of screwed-up is pretty intelligible to me. I understand how someone with Kim's life history ends up like her, whereas I have a harder time understanding how someone ends up like Brandi Glanville or Taylor Armstrong or...the list goes on. I don't have as highly negative an opinion of her as many here do, since I just like to watch her on TV and don't have to be related to her. My mother was an alcoholic, which probably influences me to be more sympathetic to Kim (maybe this means I should be in a support group ;))?

I recall that at the end of Season 2 she said she wanted a kitty or a doggy. I think she should have gone with a kitty. It would have been safer for all involved. Cue the Pet Shop Boys' "I Want a Dog" (1988). .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5l18EPv91c

I liked Season 1 Kim the best. I think that was the closest to the "real", non-reality TV coached Kim. She had an awkward, slightly off-kilter sense of humor (for example, inviting the chicken guy to her barbecue and then telling him she had eight children and was still nursing.) She had the negative characteristics mentioned by us all present, but they weren't being encouraged as effectively by Bravo's producers yet. I think the "wacky" Season 4 Kim was largely a Bravo creation, aided by Kim's acting skills. She is a talented actress, to her credit. The "feisty" Season 5 Kim will also be a Bravo creation. The "real" Kim - when the pills aren't added to the booze - seems to be a messy, exhausting, intermittently entertaining, awkward, funny, anxious alcoholic, who is well-intentioned and compassionate on some level but whose immature, self-centered nature ends up fucking her over and landing her foot in her mouth.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 9

You know what's weird to me? S1 alcoholic Kim often seams less inebriated that later seasons "sober" Kim. My guess is that Kim had being a functional alcoholic down to a science and once she made a real effort to get off the booze all hell broke lose in regards to pills or something. It makes me wonder if drinking was really her main issue. Not that there weren't problems there, but she often held it together better than when she wasn't drinking. I wonder if the core issue was actually some sort of drug use that got amped up when she got "sober". In any case, the Richards sisters: all sorts of fucked up. Kim is fucked up in the most obviouse ways, but Kyle has a ton of strange body image, control, and self esteem issues. Sort of strange to see in a middle-aged woman who by all appearances has a very nice life that she says she's happy with. Kyle often came across as strangly immature and insecure.

• Love 9

I think this is a good point. When my dad got sober after a life-time of being a drunk, we were all thrilled because we thought he would be this entirely different person. Turned out that it didn't matter much if he was sober or drunk. He just wasn't a very nice person. I think this is one of the reasons that Kyle gets so frustrated with Kim. If it was just about the disease it might be different, although still extremely frustrating.

I think that's a very good point. As with most humans, I've delt with my fair amount of people on the slidding scale of addiction. I have never subscribed to the idea that "all addicts are alike" or "all addicts are this way". Addicts are people, as varried as anyone else. IMO if you're a cruel asshole as an addict you're pretty likely to be a cruel asshole sober, just in a different way. Getting clean on its own doesn't really change people, it changes their circumstances. I've seen way too many drunk/high jerks become sober jerks to pin all my hopes and dreams to it. Maybe that is why Kyle gets so frustrated, because sober Kim is still a difficult, needy drama queen. Of course so is sober Kyle. I do think that Kyle believed that once Kim went to rehab everything would be fixed and then it turned out that the lifetime of dysfunction was still there sober or not, and I really don't think Kyle actually wants to deal with that.

• Love 6

I think that's a very good point. As with most humans, I've delt with my fair amount of people on the slidding scale of addiction. I have never subscribed to the idea that "all addicts are alike" or "all addicts are this way". Addicts are people, as varried as anyone else. IMO if you're a cruel asshole as an addict you're pretty likely to be a cruel asshole sober, just in a different way. Getting clean on its own doesn't really change people, it changes their circumstances. I've seen way too many drunk/high jerks become sober jerks to pin all my hopes and dreams to it. Maybe that is why Kyle gets so frustrated, because sober Kim is still a difficult, needy drama queen. Of course so is sober Kyle. I do think that Kyle believed that once Kim went to rehab everything would be fixed and then it turned out that the lifetime of dysfunction was still there sober or not, and I really don't think Kyle actually wants to deal with that.

Vroctomy-my friend has told me many times that Big Kathy was an incredibly funny person and had many friends and lots of parties.  Apparently, she also had a very good singing voice. Her daughters, all three of them called their mother several times a day.  The girls cherished her and Kim was her favorite.  Big Kathy worked hard for her daughters' careers.  Kim was never denied anything growing and had a pretty nice nest egg when she turned 18.  So I think it is hard for the girls to repeatedly hear how f'ed up their mother was.  Big Kathy was married multiple times and her last three husbands weren't destitute living off her.  The house Kim talked about was actually one of three that Big Kathy owned in the Palm Desert area.  Kim did live in one - didn't pay for it but she was caring for her mother. 

I watched when Kim said Season 3-that  a sister should not have brought up her problem on TV.  To be realistic, Lisa at the party first brought it up.  Kim didn't think twice about bringing up Taylor's drinking issues on TV.  I agree not all addicts are alike.  Kim had a machine in place that kept her rehab stays out of the public's eye for 20 years and when it became public she made it more about being outed than getting sober. The most telling thing Kim said in her one on one with Andy is she couldn't even watch herself most of the second season.  So because Kim couldn't watch it, her sister and the rest of the world are bad for taking advantage of her while she was sick.

I feel that Kyle has four daughters who she thoroughly enjoys, a husband and his family, eight nieces and nephews who she spends time, and another sister,  her business and a lot of close friends.  To keep trying to second guess what Kim is going to be doing or if she is taking "officially prescribed"  (I love that term) mind benders has to be difficult.  It reminded me of Yolanda and many posters who felt all activities involving Kim should be alcohol free.  I have to say I think Kyle may have felt while Kim was in rehab she would not be drinking-and Kyle did visit Kim in rehab but I don't think Kyle finds it a fix.  I think Kyle thinks rehab is a tool in Kim's sobriety.

• Love 1

Kim is fucking exhausting.  I can't stand Kyle.  I understand the complaints about her comments about Kim's drinking on the show.  But I really give her a pass when it comes to Kim.

I can't stand Kyle's behavior with Faye - all the bitchy little gossiping, hair twirling, doing the splits, "but that's how I feel!"  Bleck.  But insofar as Kim goes, I think she has gone above and beyond, acts out of love a lot, really doesn't know what to do with Kim. 

I would like to know if she stole Kim's "goddam house!" Lol.

The House of Hilton book sounds interesting from the recaps that someone posted at Twop.  

• Love 5

Vroctomy-my friend has told me many times that Big Kathy was an incredibly funny person and had many friends and lots of parties. Apparently, she also had a very good singing voice. Her daughters, all three of them called their mother several times a day. The girls cherished her and Kim was her favorite. Big Kathy worked hard for her daughters' careers. Kim was never denied anything growing and had a pretty nice nest egg when she turned 18. So I think it is hard for the girls to repeatedly hear how f'ed up their mother was. Big Kathy was married multiple times and her last three husbands weren't destitute living off her. The house Kim talked about was actually one of three that Big Kathy owned in the Palm Desert area. Kim did live in one - didn't pay for it but she was caring for her mother.

I watched when Kim said Season 3-that a sister should not have brought up her problem on TV. To be realistic, Lisa at the party first brought it up. Kim didn't think twice about bringing up Taylor's drinking issues on TV. I agree not all addicts are alike. Kim had a machine in place that kept her rehab stays out of the public's eye for 20 years and when it became public she made it more about being outed than getting sober. The most telling thing Kim said in her one on one with Andy is she couldn't even watch herself most of the second season. So because Kim couldn't watch it, her sister and the rest of the world are bad for taking advantage of her while she was sick.

I feel that Kyle has four daughters who she thoroughly enjoys, a husband and his family, eight nieces and nephews who she spends time, and another sister, her business and a lot of close friends. To keep trying to second guess what Kim is going to be doing or if she is taking "officially prescribed" (I love that term) mind benders has to be difficult. It reminded me of Yolanda and many posters who felt all activities involving Kim should be alcohol free. I have to say I think Kyle may have felt while Kim was in rehab she would not be drinking-and Kyle did visit Kim in rehab but I don't think Kyle finds it a fix. I think Kyle thinks rehab is a tool in Kim's sobriety.

This is interesting and valuable info, because it contradicts most of the info out there about "Big Kathy" Dugan from sources like House of Hilton. I'd assume it's possible that the "real story" of Mama Richards - as anyone (like myself) who loves their dysfunctional parents can say - takes something from the positive and negative interpretations of the situation.

I think we all agree that Kim is screwed up and Kyle is quite together, albeit irritating (to the degree we are even talking about the people they actually are, and not the versions of themselves they develop with production for the show.) Kim's issues, as with anyone, are partly constitutional and partly developed through experience. She was a child-teen celebrity who had a close (but codependent) relationship with her stage mother, who then subsequently failed to make it (like many child-teen stars) as an adult actor. Kim then married quite young and quite wealthy twice, the second time to one of the Davis Oil scions, in what was rumored to be a disaster (I'd be curious for more info on this.) I think the juncture Kim had for developing into a functioning adult came in her late teens; if she had pursued a career (like you mention Kyle did, as a realtor) or college, instead of marrying millionaire heirs, she might have had a chance. I would assume Kyle is both more constitutionally predisposed towards functionality, and was saved from the fate of many child actors by a.) Never being as much of a celebrity as Kim and b.) Having to work for a living and be relatively self-dependent.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 2

This is interesting and valuable info, because it contradicts most of the info out there about "Big Kathy" Dugan from sources like House of Hilton. I'd assume it's possible that the "real story" of Mama Richards - as anyone (like myself) who loves their dysfunctional parents can say - takes something from the positive and negative interpretations of the situation.

I think we all agree that Kim is screwed up and Kyle is quite together, albeit irritating (to the degree we are even talking about the people they actually are, and not the versions of themselves they develop with production for the show.) Kim's issues, as with anyone, are partly constitutional and partly developed through experience. She was a child-teen celebrity who had a close (but codependent) relationship with her stage mother, who then subsequently failed to make it (like many child-teen stars) as an adult actor. Kim then married quite young and quite wealthy twice, the second time to one of the Davis Oil scions, in what was rumored to be a disaster (I'd be curious for more info on this.) I think the juncture Kim had for developing into a functioning adult came in her late teens; if she had pursued a career (like you mention Kyle did, as a realtor) or college, instead of marrying millionaire heirs, she might have had a chance. I would assume Kyle is both more constitutionally predisposed towards functionality, and was saved from the fate of many child actors by a.) Never being as much of a celebrity as Kim and b.) Having to work for a living and be relatively self-dependent.

I think the biggest difference between who Kyle is and who Kim is now as adult women comes down to Mauricio's mother. I think she has had an enormous positive influence on Kyle and has helped shaped her into the woman she is now. Kim was never married long enough for either of her former mother in-laws to have a positive influence on her, most of who Kim is as an adult woman is from her mother. Kim's personal life seems to have followed her mothers life, multiple marriages, drinking/pill popping, fast life, marring for money, ect, except Kim has taken it to an extreme IMO.

• Love 5

I think the "You stole my House!" statement was explained on TWOP but I do not remember the source. As I recall, the 3 daughters inherited the house and they divided all the bills (taxes, routine upkeep, etc...) by three. Kim was always late/did not pay most of the time. There came a time when Kim needed a lot of money quickly ($200,000 ?) and the girls decided that Kathy (who did not want the house) and Kim would sell their share to Kyle who did want the house. Kim was always welcome to come with her kids and stay there whenever she liked. A year(s) later, Kim came back and said that the money given to her had been a loan that she could now pay back and she would still like to be an owner. Kyle and Mauricio said no thanks to that.

When I read this, the entire situation made sense to me:

1) I don't believe that Mauricio would be involved in any type of shady real estate deal especially when he was first starting out. In real estate your reputation is everything.

2) I can see Kyle, Mauricio and Kathy breathing a big sigh of relief that they no longer had to deal with getting money/decisions in a timely manner out of Kim.

3) It makes perfect sense for Kim to be collecting big checks from ex-husbands and yet still not having any money due to bad management. I also can see her bending the facts to suit her, coming to believe it and having it be a sore point years later.

• Love 7

I think the "You stole my House!" statement was explained on TWOP but I do not remember the source. As I recall, the 3 daughters inherited the house and they divided all the bills (taxes, routine upkeep, etc...) by three. Kim was always late/did not pay most of the time. There came a time when Kim needed a lot of money quickly ($200,000 ?) and the girls decided that Kathy (who did not want the house) and Kim would sell their share to Kyle who did want the house. Kim was always welcome to come with her kids and stay there whenever she liked. A year(s) later, Kim came back and said that the money given to her had been a loan that she could now pay back and she would still like to be an owner. Kyle and Mauricio said no thanks to that.

When I read this, the entire situation made sense to me:

1) I don't believe that Mauricio would be involved in any type of shady real estate deal especially when he was first starting out. In real estate your reputation is everything.

2) I can see Kyle, Mauricio and Kathy breathing a big sigh of relief that they no longer had to deal with getting money/decisions in a timely manner out of Kim.

3) It makes perfect sense for Kim to be collecting big checks from ex-husbands and yet still not having any money due to bad management. I also can see her bending the facts to suit her, coming to believe it and having it be a sore point years later.

Yep, you got the story right as I remember it as well.

• Love 1

I think the "You stole my House!" statement was explained on TWOP but I do not remember the source. As I recall, the 3 daughters inherited the house and they divided all the bills (taxes, routine upkeep, etc...) by three. Kim was always late/did not pay most of the time. There came a time when Kim needed a lot of money quickly ($200,000 ?) and the girls decided that Kathy (who did not want the house) and Kim would sell their share to Kyle who did want the house. Kim was always welcome to come with her kids and stay there whenever she liked. A year(s) later, Kim came back and said that the money given to her had been a loan that she could now pay back and she would still like to be an owner. Kyle and Mauricio said no thanks to that.When I read this, the entire situation made sense to me:1) I don't believe that Mauricio would be involved in any type of shady real estate deal especially when he was first starting out. In real estate your reputation is everything.2) I can see Kyle, Mauricio and Kathy breathing a big sigh of relief that they no longer had to deal with getting money/decisions in a timely manner out of Kim.3) It makes perfect sense for Kim to be collecting big checks from ex-husbands and yet still not having any money due to bad management. I also can see her bending the facts to suit her, coming to believe it and having it be a sore point years later.

Yes, this is what I have understood to be the case as well. Knowing Kim, I can see her viewing the situation as Kyle "stealing her fucking house". This is the gal who thought that Brandi ruined her life on Game Night and took no responsibility for her own actions. This is also the gal who blamed the victim for getting bit by her dog.

• Love 3

What is sad is that I've seen some.of Kim's old movies and tv episodes...she was talented especially at comedy. She had good comic timing.

I.think we now know where Lindsay Lohan will be in twenty yrs just by looking at Kim. Sad state indeed

• Love 6

One of the most telling Kim moments for me was during her interview with Andy after she missed the reunion saying she didn't watch the season. Kim just refuses to look at her part in the events of her life and how she might actually have a part in shaping them.

• Love 5

What is sad is that I've seen some.of Kim's old movies and tv episodes...she was talented especially at comedy. She had good comic timing.

I.think we now know where Lindsay Lohan will be in twenty yrs just by looking at Kim. Sad state indeed

Kim is in much better shape now than Lindsay. She has family and connections with Brook's (?) father and is caring for another. She seems to find her way best when caring for someone like her mom and now an ex while Lindsay has never appeared to do anything for anybody. She's also not a hoarder. She does create some chaos by moving around a lot but Kim manages to look clean and personally maintained. Being like Kim would be a step for Linds.

• Love 5

Do you have any links to videos or search terms because most of Kim's work that I've seen is drama. Thanks. Edited by quinn

One of the most telling Kim moments for me was during her interview with Andy after she missed the reunion saying she didn't watch the season. Kim just refuses to look at her part in the events of her life and how she might actually have a part in shaping them.

Another scene that always bothered me was a bombed Kim talking about how a sister doesn't public reveal her sister's illness on TV.  Although I believe alcoholism is an illness, the effect it has on co-workers and families' lives does not somehow require they all stay mute.  I think we will see this scene play out again this year. The entire cast was itching to say something and held their tongues because Kyle took the brunt Season 1.  Even at the Reunion Kyle quickly changed seats when the subject came up.

It won't be too long before we hear that Kim's quirky and often bizarre behavior is due to alcohol related dementia.  Once again all parties involved will be rwuired to stay silent or risk getting the Kim Richards, poor, poor pitiful me treatment.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

Another scene that always bothered me was a bombed Kim talking about how a sister doesn't public reveal her sister's illness on TV.  Although I believe alcoholism is an illness, the effect it has on co-workers and families' lives does not somehow require they all stay mute.

I will say that I was one of those people that was totally appalled when Kyle outed her sister's alcoholism on television. Not because I thought that Kyle should stay mute on the subject though. I was appalled and horrified that Kyle would out her sister as an alcoholic for no other reason than to win an argument and hit her sister where it hurt the most. For me, it is the reason that she did it that was the most horrible thing to come out of that moment.

• Love 4

I will say that I was one of those people that was totally appalled when Kyle outed her sister's alcoholism on television. Not because I thought that Kyle should stay mute on the subject though. I was appalled and horrified that Kyle would out her sister as an alcoholic for no other reason than to win an argument and hit her sister where it hurt the most. For me, it is the reason that she did it that was the most horrible thing to come out of that moment.

Thank you. I just re watched that episode to see if I would feel differently about it now that I know everything to come. Nope, Kyle's behavior is appalling. Inexcusably horrible. And no I don't care that she's had to deal with an addict, because just like Kim she is responsible for her behavior. Yes Kim was drunk. She was also JUST SITTING THERE when Taylor picked a fight with her and Kyle inserted herself into it. Kim asks her to stop, Kyle keeps going. Kim trys to leave, Kyle actually orders a PA to stop her car from going. Kim tries to just hide in the limo, Kyle follows her in. Aidrene tries to get Kyle to leave, Kyle refuses. She pushes until Kim gives her the opening she needs (you stole my house! You're a drunk!) to unleash her anger. And for the record, I can't stand Kim, but Kyle was out of control that night (I actually think she was a little drunk herself) and she has to take responsibility for her own behavior instead of using Kim's problems as a get out of jail free card. Boundaries only work if you have them too. I think both the Richard's sisters need therapy.

• Love 12

I remember that episode in he limo...didn't Adrienne have to be a buffer to.protect Kim from Kyle?

Kim has lots of issues..but I think Kyle has anger management issues herself. Hence why I tend to.believe the story about her manhandling Brandi during the second half of filming.

• Love 3

Thank you. I just re watched that episode to see if I would feel differently about it now that I know everything to come. Nope, Kyle's behavior is appalling. Inexcusably horrible. And no I don't care that she's had to deal with an addict, because just like Kim she is responsible for her behavior. Yes Kim was drunk. She was also JUST SITTING THERE when Taylor picked a fight with her and Kyle inserted herself into it. Kim asks her to stop, Kyle keeps going. Kim trys to leave, Kyle actually orders a PA to stop her car from going. Kim tries to just hide in the limo, Kyle follows her in. Aidrene tries to get Kyle to leave, Kyle refuses. She pushes until Kim gives her the opening she needs (you stole my house! You're a drunk!) to unleash her anger. And for the record, I can't stand Kim, but Kyle was out of control that night (I actually think she was a little drunk herself) and she has to take responsibility for her own behavior instead of using Kim's problems as a get out of jail free card. Boundaries only work if you have them too. I think both the Richard's sisters need therapy.

No, thank you! That limo moment is what always has me second guessing Kyle as a person. Anytime I start to warm to her, I remember just how dirty she fights and that limo scene comes back to me. And, I think if she could do that to her sister just to win an argument, what is she capable of with the women who aren't related to her in a moment of anger? I also agree that both of the sisters need therapy.

• Love 3

No, thank you! That limo moment is what always has me second guessing Kyle as a person. Anytime I start to warm to her, I remember just how dirty she fights and that limo scene comes back to me. And, I think if she could do that to her sister just to win an argument, what is she capable of with the women who aren't related to her in a moment of anger? I also agree that both of the sisters need therapy.

I think Kim is a nasty puddle of egomania, hate, and entitlement, but Kyle's behavior in the season one finale was one of the single most reprehensible acts I've ever seen on this franchise. To me, it is perhaps the vilest single transgression of simple decency when one excludes instances of sociopathy like Taylor's abuse exploitations. I never accepted the premise that Kyle understandably lost her composure in the frustration of a Sisyphean cycle because, as is noted, she deliberately followed Kim out to the car when her sister was attempting to extract herself from the situation. The triumphant "now everyone is going to know!" was pure malice, in my opinion, and suggests to me conscious intent.

At the season one reunion, as well, Kyle simply sits there uncomfortably while Taylor, a woman with whom she did not boast a lengthy history at the time, turns to her during the middle of an exchange with Kim about the dinner party from hell and threatens, "should we talk about the state of mind she was in that night?"

Although I abhor Brandi, I always wondered why, when faced with the endless pearl-clutching over her "meth" remark, she never really emphasized the fact that Kim's addiction wouldn't be a storyline were it not for Kim's own behavior and Kyle's lack of compunction over putting a family member's mental health issues on shout.

I totally concur about the lack of responsibility that defines not only Kim but Kyle, too, and their cyclically toxic relationship. I remember Adrienne proposing to Kyle that she pursue therapy in conjunction with Kim's recovery and Kyle immediately dismissed that. Because she is a sensationalist and an idiot, I don't extend Brandi the benefit of the doubt vis-à-vis her statement that Kyle possibly wants Kim to fail, but abstractly it's not all that outrageous an insight; on some level, many codependents wouldn't mind a loved one relapsing because it would provide them an opportunity to revert to their own established role of caretaker/savior.

• Love 5

The thing is Kim had a great deal of residual affection from her days as a child star but the longer she is on this show the quicker it will dissipate.

She needed to parlay this gig into new acting opportunities. 

I can give you an example that I am familiar with first hand. "What Not to Wear" did the makeovers of two child stars who had moribund careers. Mayim Bialik and Mindy Cohn. Mayim was cute and nice and came to the attention of the producers of "The Big Bang Theory" and got a gig on a hit series. Mindy not so much.

Kim could have used this show to leverage a new career even if it was only guest shots on TVLand.

But perhaps she is too far gone for that. 

• Love 3

I think Kim a break through last season when she attended that event of collectors and fans of old Hollywood shows.  Her family has been trying to get Kim to do it for years and Kim seemed to really enjoy it.  Sometimes it is as simple as putting one's foot in the pond.  Kim needlessly suffers from anxiety over how she may be discounted with the popularity of her niece Paris (to the point she had to mention reporters were far more interested in her) and constantly makes it a popularity contest.  The problem with Kim is once she speaks up be it at Lisa's renewal ceremony or dinner in Puerto Rico she gets off track and makes it all about her.  Even on WWHL an old cast mate will call in and she starts delving into the minutia.  Andy has to cut her off.

I do think Kim could host a show if she would realize there are literally hundreds of child actors out there that people to have a connection with and it is not necessarily a connection Kim has, however minor.

• Love 1

There is a vast audience out there who still has fond memories of Kim and no idea about what goes on in the Real Housewives. Somebody should make a show about her real life situation. A former child star with a domineering sister and a substance abuse problem. 

I do think that when the pit bull biting stuff starts she will really lose a lot of fan support.

• Love 1

I think Kim is a nasty puddle of egomania, hate, and entitlement, but Kyle's behavior in the season one finale was one of the single most reprehensible acts I've ever seen on this franchise. To me, it is perhaps the vilest single transgression of simple decency when one excludes instances of sociopathy like Taylor's abuse exploitations. I never accepted the premise that Kyle understandably lost her composure in the frustration of a Sisyphean cycle because, as is noted, she deliberately followed Kim out to the car when her sister was attempting to extract herself from the situation. The triumphant "now everyone is going to know!" was pure malice, in my opinion, and suggests to me conscious intent.

At the season one reunion, as well, Kyle simply sits there uncomfortably while Taylor, a woman with whom she did not boast a lengthy history at the time, turns to her during the middle of an exchange with Kim about the dinner party from hell and threatens, "should we talk about the state of mind she was in that night?"

Although I abhor Brandi, I always wondered why, when faced with the endless pearl-clutching over her "meth" remark, she never really emphasized the fact that Kim's addiction wouldn't be a storyline were it not for Kim's own behavior and Kyle's lack of compunction over putting a family member's mental health issues on shout.

I totally concur about the lack of responsibility that defines not only Kim but Kyle, too, and their cyclically toxic relationship. I remember Adrienne proposing to Kyle that she pursue therapy in conjunction with Kim's recovery and Kyle immediately dismissed that. Because she is a sensationalist and an idiot, I don't extend Brandi the benefit of the doubt vis-à-vis her statement that Kyle possibly wants Kim to fail, but abstractly it's not all that outrageous an insight; on some level, many codependents wouldn't mind a loved one relapsing because it would provide them an opportunity to revert to their own established role of caretaker/savior.

As outrageous as it sounds - having been in front of a camera for most of their childhood - I think the Richards sisters wrongheadedly approach being on a reality TV show as a form of therapy. It's as if what happens on camera is more "real" than what happens off camera. I think both the Richards sisters would have a difficult time in serious clinical psychotherapy, because it involves taking responsibility for both your actions and emotions and re-evaluating the role of family members, significant others, etc. in your personal life.

I agree with TrooperYork and zoeysmom that Kim should (or should have) start or started small with getting herself back into the entertainment industry. She was great in Black Snake Moan in 2006, and her performance was one of the few things I remember about that movie. The acting opportunities for women over 35 or 40 are admittedly limited in film and TV, but I think Kim could have parlayed Black Snake Moan (or RHOBH, if she were more, erm, continent) into supporting, recurring, or guest roles on scripted TV shows (sitcoms and legal/medical dramas often utilize 40+ women in this capacity) or lower-budget comedies, horror movies, and thrillers (which fit her acting background.) As zoeysmom said, she also could host or co-host a half-hour weekly show about ex-child performers on TV Land, if she didn't insist upon making it about herself. Kim still has a strong following among people who were kids and teens in the '70s and early '80s; if you look at reviews for House of Hilton, many people bought the book not to read about Paris, but to read about Kim.

• Love 3

The thing is Kim had a great deal of residual affection from her days as a child star but the longer she is on this show the quicker it will dissipate.

She needed to parlay this gig into new acting opportunities. 

I can give you an example that I am familiar with first hand. "What Not to Wear" did the makeovers of two child stars who had moribund careers. Mayim Bialik and Mindy Cohn. Mayim was cute and nice and came to the attention of the producers of "The Big Bang Theory" and got a gig on a hit series. Mindy not so much.

Kim could have used this show to leverage a new career even if it was only guest shots on TVLand.

But perhaps she is too far gone for that. 

I think Kim has burned far too many bridges in the industry because of her addictions. I don't think she has been sober/clean for very long at any 1 time and because of that the PTB don't hire her. As we have seen on the show, she is always late and is very inconsiderate of others when called out for her irresponsible behavior, IMO, she is like that in real life. As we now see with the  dog attacks/biting incidents, she refuses to take blame and refuses to make changes within herself. As far as a comeback in acting or anything outside signing autographs/fan events and the HW show, I don't see it happening for her. JMO

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 8

It was on this evening and Martin is in the limo as well.  He and Adrienne are so uncomfortable with the whole thing.  Kyle did vindictively out the alcoholism after "You stole my goddam house."  But before the alcoholic comment she let us all know that Mauricio has been writing checks for Kim each month for years and has treated her like a 2nd wife.  Adrienne kept trying to shut Kyle up as well as hold her back.  I think she and Martin stayed just to keep the two of them apart.

• Love 4

You are most likely right WireWrap but I just wish that it was not true.

I saw a post about the biting and some photos of the wounds that the dog caused and they were terrible. I don't see how she gets past that. 

Kim refuses to face anything that she did/does wrong, it will forever be someone else's fault.

It was on this evening and Martin is in the limo as well.  He and Adrienne are so uncomfortable with the whole thing.  Kyle did vindictively out the alcoholism after "You stole my goddam house."  But before the alcoholic comment she let us all know that Mauricio has been writing checks for Kim each month for years and has treated her like a 2nd wife.  Adrienne kept trying to shut Kyle up as well as hold her back.  I think she and Martin stayed just to keep the two of them apart.

Both Kim and Kyle have said that they got into physical fights as children and as young adults. They were raise to compete against each other for their mothers attention/love and I do not think they have out grown that mind set at all. There may be love between them but there is also deep resentment and the need to 1 up each other standing between them as well. As others here have stated, they need therapy, both individual and family/sibling help.

• Love 3

I think Kyle had simply had it with Kim's behavior....and couldn't hold it in any longer.  I had sympathy for Kyle that night, as she has had to deal with Kim and problems for a long time.  IMO, the information about Kim's drinking was certainly no surprise to people....and I have to wonder if Kim is now  or ever really will be sober for any length of time.  The recovery process is very difficult, and I just don't think Kim has enough will power or even desire to do it.....she says she does, but I just don't believe it.....she needs extensive therapy to really get to the root of her dysfunction.  I am a recovered alcoholic, and believe me it is VERY difficult.  

• Love 3

Has shooting for the season wrapped? If not, what's the likelihood that the finale is Limogate, Part 2: "You stole my dog!"

LOL-It would be "you stole my goddamn dog."

Kyle said Tuesday night that there was a bump in the road with her  relationship with Kim over the dog bite.  No doubt because vicious Kingsley was outed as a biter, all because Kyle's daughter was foolish enough to put herself in the position of being mauled by Kim's dog.

Right now I think Kim's family sees the bigger picture and she is there for Brooke's father during his terminal illness.

• Love 2

Did we ever find out what "YOU STOLE MY GODDAMNED HOUSE!" meant?

Cause I still want to know.

Both sisters have commented on this. According to Kyle, they bought Kim out of her share of the house. According to Kim, she took a loan from Kyle and Mauricio against a part of her share of the house without realizing that she was turning over her rights to the house to them.

There is no reason to think that Mauricio would risk his reputation by conning Kim out of the house - especially since he and Kyle seem to be supporting her financially anyway. And Kim was most likely strung out on booze and drugs to know what was going on at the time. But, you never know with this family. I personally believe Kyle on this one. But, just for kicks I would love to be able to scream drunkenly at someone, "You stole my God Damned House!" just to see what the reaction would be.

• Love 6

Both sisters have commented on this. According to Kyle, they bought Kim out of her share of the house. According to Kim, she took a loan from Kyle and Mauricio against a part of her share of the house without realizing that she was turning over her rights to the house to them.

There is no reason to think that Mauricio would risk his reputation by conning Kim out of the house - especially since he and Kyle seem to be supporting her financially anyway. And Kim was most likely strung out on booze and drugs to know what was going on at the time. But, you never know with this family. I personally believe Kyle on this one. But, just for kicks I would love to be able to scream drunkenly at someone, "You stole my God Damned House!" just to see what the reaction would be.

I believe-ish Kyle on this one. As in, I think Kyle's version has more truthiness than Kim's but I don't think either sister is giving a full account. Mostly because I think the Richards sisters all process information on a How Does This Effect Me basis. Everything is always happening to them. Kim's problems robbed her of time with her kids like a thief in the night, never mind that she's an adult with choices who made bad ones. Kim's alcoholism has been really hard on Kyle, never mind the fact that it was actually about Kim's life. It's just how they think so I'm sure whatever went down they both only see it from their point of view. I'm sure Kyle and Mauricio didn't do anything illegal (of all my problems with Kyle I don't think she's like that), but I also bet they felt super justified in whatever went down as payback for all the times they inserted themselves into Kim's life, I mean helped her. I think it's likely they knew they were getting a fantastic deal on Kim's share of the house, but felt like she owed it to them. Of course I'm also sure Kim neglected to pay attention to anything being told to her and signed on the dotted line so she could go buy more drugs and turtles. So...six of one half dozen of the other?

• Love 10

I guess this one is suing Evolution Media cuz at least they got dough.  Does Kim have much money -- or any?  How does this woman expect to get Evolution involved?  Sounds like they weren't even filming at the time of her attack, and this woman has never been on the show.  Good luck to her getting any dough outta Evolution or Kim.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2872714/Real-Housewives-Beverly-Hills-star-Kim-Richards-sued-vicious-pit-bull-attack-days-giving-beloved-dog.html

I guess this one is suing Evolution Media cuz at least they got dough.  Does Kim have much money -- or any?  How does this woman expect to get Evolution involved?  Sounds like they weren't even filming at the time of her attack, and this woman has never been on the show.  Good luck to her getting any dough outta Evolution or Kim.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2872714/Real-Housewives-Beverly-Hills-star-Kim-Richards-sued-vicious-pit-bull-attack-days-giving-beloved-dog.html

I thought it was a bit of a stretch as well as suing in Federal court.  At the end of the day it is a dog bite.  At first I thought maybe it was a jurisdictional issues but they are headquartered out of Burbank.  Some interesting witnesses for the plaintiff Brandi and Kyle's daughter.  That is why I was curious who owns Kim's home.

I thought it was a bit of a stretch as well as suing in Federal court.  At the end of the day it is a dog bite.  At first I thought maybe it was a jurisdictional issues but they are headquartered out of Burbank.  Some interesting witnesses for the plaintiff Brandi and Kyle's daughter.  That is why I was curious who owns Kim's home.

Although I do think Kim should, ethically, pay what insurance doesn't cover from Kay Rozario's medical bills (her $450,000 salary this season would certainly cover it), I think the federal lawsuit is a big, money-hungry stretch for a dog bite. Where did you get the witnesses for the plaintiff?

The schism between Kay Rozario and the Hilton/Richards/Umansky family, one can assume, resulted from the big role she played in House of Hilton.

• Love 1

I think she is referring to the fact that the produces hired the trainer last season because Kingsley was biting people, at least 2 people were bit before the trainer was hired. Then the trainer himself was bit, followed by this woman and finally Kyle's daughter, 5 in total that we know of. I suspect that the first 2 were crew/production members and they never filed charges against Kim/Kingsley and because of that she was bitten. If that is her logic, then she has responsibility in Kyle's daughter getting bit because she did not file charges either.

The sad fact remains, Kim allowed this dog to get out of control and did nothing herself to stop/correct his behavior. The producers brought in and paid for a professional to get Kingsley under control but Kim refused to follow his instructions and she allowed the dog to revert back to his aggressive ways and more people were injured. I really believe had someone not threatened her, Mauricio IMO, she would have kept Kingsley and the next victim would have been killed or at the very least permanently injured and scared for life beyond what he has already done.

• Love 3

Although I do think Kim should, ethically, pay what insurance doesn't cover from Kay Rozario's medical bills (her $450,000 salary this season would certainly cover it), I think the federal lawsuit is a big, money-hungry stretch for a dog bite. Where did you get the witnesses for the plaintiff?

The schism between Kay Rozario and the Hilton/Richards/Umansky family, one can assume, resulted from the big role she played in House of Hilton.

Brandi stated on WWHL that Kingsley has bitten her twice.  Obviously, Kyle's daughter would be a witness for the plaintiff because she was also bitten by Kingsley.  Regardless of where Alexia or Brandi's loyalty lies -they are sworn to tell the truth and their truth is the dog has bitten them before.  Kim was obviously on notice long before the 80 year old woman was bitten.

• Love 2

Seems like a stretch to me to involve Evolution, but I guess the lawyers are givin' it a shot to see if they get anywhere. Good luck to 'em. They'll need it. It was a dog bite. What do they think they're gonna get outta Kim & maybe Evolution -- other than medical expenses not covered by insurance? Maybe she'll go on bout any lingering whatever she had from the dog bite? Still sounds like a stretch to me, but I hope she gets some dough from this lawsuit.

Anyone know why Kim finally gave the dog up?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

Seems like a stretch to me to involve Evolution, but I guess the lawyers are givin' it a shot to see if they get anywhere. Good luck to 'em. They'll need it. It was a dog bite. What do they think they're gonna be to get outta Kim & maybe Evolution -- other than medical expenses not covered by insurance? Maybe she'll go on bout any lingering whatever she had from the dog bite? Still sounds like a stretch to me, but I hope she gets some dough from this lawsuit.

Anyone know why Kim finally gave the dog up?

Kim only said she let him go because it was best for Kingsley. I suspect that she let him go because Mauricio would have pressed charges and the dog would have been put down immediately because this was not his first bite/attack.

• Love 3

Dog bites are taken very seriously in court or arbitration. A Lhasa Apso bit my neighbor on the lip. Minor plastic surgery and one round of dermabrasion after a time with no scaring and she got the full $100,000 of the homeowner's insurance policy after arbitration. Things were taken into consideration like her age (young and pretty) and pain, suffering and any future procedures. It sounded like Kyle's daughter had surgery due to it damaging nerves and tendons in the hand so function would also be taken into consideration. Kim was an owner with an accident waiting to happen and I'm just glad it wasn't worse. Idiot.

• Love 5

My cousin was also young and beautiful when she was bitten on the cheek, so she too got a $100,000 settlement. 

The first time I saw Kim's dog I just knew it was a TERRIBLE choice for her. Just seemed like another example of her many poor choices.

• Love 5

My cousin was also young and beautiful when she was bitten on the cheek, so she too got a $100,000 settlement. 

The first time I saw Kim's dog I just knew it was a TERRIBLE choice for her. Just seemed like another example of her many poor choices.

IMO just mine, Kim should not own any pets. No dogs, no cats, no birds, no reptiles, no mice/gpigs/hamsters, no fish. She needs to stick to plants, only plants.

• Love 5