Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

I think the saddest part about all this is that Kim didn't shoplift necessities like food and toilet paper but rather had what appears to be three cart full of shiny stickers and decorative notebooks.

I think Kim, much like Michael Jackson, suffered immense stresses in childhood which has halted her mental development to that of a woman her chronological age.

• Love 17

It's not like she tried to take a vat of vodka or a case of Del Monico steaks. She tried to take $600 of stickers and pencils. And this was after being arrested for kicking a cop. If that doesn't scream unwell, I'm not sure what would.

Kicking a cop? Shoplifting? That says drunk to me. Or high. Or feeding a habit. Besides, mentally unwell isn't the same thing as mentally incapacitated, and she can't be committed against her will.

I hate to sound like a downer, but this is free will, in action. Even if her family straight up buys her a house, a car, pays all of her bills, hires security, a driver, a cook, a tailor, a shoemaker, and a ladyistter, they can't stop her from killing herself with drugs and alcohol or via any other method. If Kim (or anyone) does not want to be sober, there's not one single thing a person or facility can do, baring strapping her down and drugging her into oblivion.

I totally agree. And I would take the "if" out of the sentence - it's clear Kim does not want to be sober. She wants what she wants, her family be damned. It's time for them to stop letting Kim hold them hostage, and I'm guessing they figured that out, and that, in conjunction with Bravo firing her and all the public shame, is what's causing this free fall.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 7

And the things she took are nonsensical.  A tiny bag of Animal Crackers???  It's no wonder that Target wants to prosecute - it probably took them hours to put back all the little pieces of crap she stole. A cry for help or a cry for attention?  I'm not sure.

It would be unlike Kim to do anything as a cry for help.  I'm leaning towards a cry for attention.   After all, she's a "star."  

She couldn't possibly have any use for most of the items she took. Target's "dollar corner" is filled with junk.  The only things I buy there are those plastic file folders with the elastic clasp.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

I could be wrong, but I find it impossible to believe this is the first time Kim "forgot to pay for something". I have always thought that Kim's issues ran far deeper than anything we were aware of. That she had been protected for years. I remember last year in one of her blogs when Kyle said she would never ever talk about all that they had been through with Kim. I think it is dark and ugly and scary. More than anything I hate the idea that those who have protected, supported, and just kept her alive and out of jail all these years will in some way be blamed by some folks for not doing more. Whatever more is.

My guess is she's shoplifted before.  I wouldn't expect a first time shoplifter to start out by stealing carts full of stuff from Target. 

Kim is on a downward spiral and needs a lot of the kind of help that she really doesn't want. 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 8

Oy vey. What a mess. Kim has been in a slow unraveling for years but recently things have gone to DEAFCON 5. For so many reason I think this is the end of Kims using one way or another. She will either get sober or die in short order. I feel so sorry for her family. They must be worried sick about what she will do next or if she will take any innocent victims with her on her way out. This whole situation makes me heart sick for them. They will be dealing with the "what ifs" for years to come. I wonder if Kim even cares if she lives or dies. There is just so much public humiliation and disapointing people that a person can take.

What does DEAFCON 5 mean?

I like the hat...

I cannot stop laughing.  I know its not right because Kim has some serious issues, but I can just imagine her trying to pull a fast one over the 18 year-olds that work at checkout.  I can just imagine the looks on their faces as they watched Kim try to steal a basket full of stickers, glitter notebooks and multi-colored pins.  From the looks of things, she stole almost everything they had in the $1 bins.  I wonder if she carefully shopped for the items or just pushed the merchandise into her basket.  I wonder if she got belligerent with loss prevention.  I hope she did not ask them if they knew who she was..

Target would make a lot of money if they sold the footage of Kim stealing and getting caught.  I wonder if Bravo made an offer....

I hope this is rock bottom for Kim and she begins to seek help for the sake of herself and her family.  The wakeup call should have happened long ago, but its hard to top getting caught shoplifting $600 worth of stickers at Target.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 6

I think Kim, much like Michael Jackson, suffered immense stresses in childhood which has halted her mental development to that of a woman her chronological age.

Spot on. I was thinking the same thing. It's like she stuck at age 12 at age 50. Then the drugs and heavy drinking definitely dont help matters none.

• Love 7

That, my friends, is the face of a soon-to-be-dead person.

Increasingly severe mental illness + prescribed medications + illicit drugs + alcohol + years of being enabled. A disastrous stew, and toxic as hell.

ETA: Jezebel just had an article on wealthy people who shoplift. Mentioned Kim. Some of the comments were eye-opening. There's a long time media person here who's one of the pillars of the community, etc. There's been a rumor for years that she shoplifts from high end stores and boutiques. (There's never any proof, however.)

Edited by elainebenis
  • Love 6

Spot on. I was thinking the same thing. It's like she stuck at age 12 at age 50. Then the drugs and heavy drinking definitely dont help matters none.

I think that it is Dr. Drew talks about celebrities being emotionally stuck at the age you were when you became famous. For child stars, that can be really damaging because you're stuck at an emotional level that is not really capable of reasonable and rational thought or decision-making.

On a slightly different topic on What Not to Wear, they talk about how a lot of women get stuck dressing in the style/time period when they felt sexiest. I think this is why Lisa VdP dresses like Joan Collins in Dynasty.

• Love 5

Kim's Sereve Drinking Problem

Kim is in grave danger. As much as she may not like to admit it, she has a severe drinking problem. All of those around her keep hoping each situation she gets herself into will be a wakeup call, but thus far, nothing seems to work. Kim needs severe help, and those around her are trying to encourage her to get it. If Kim does not get help, those around her are not sure how much longer she can go on like this. They fear the worst for her — including that she could potentially die — if she does not get her life in order.”

On her living situation

She rented a home for a few weeks from a friend, and is currently house hunting to find a more permanent residence. She is not broke, not living in a car, and not homeless. She only moved out of her old house because she was renting the house, and the house went up for sale.”

http://www.inquisitr.com/2324391/bravo-star-kim-richards-has-severe-alcohol-problem-report/

• Love 1

It's is an alert state for the military. DEAFCON 5 is the lowest level. DEAFCON 1 is highest-all hands on deck, so to speak.

I apologize in advance. It's actually Defcon. I'm not trying to be a bitch and I don't normally post  corrections of people. I only did this time because I thought maybe the person asking thought you were making a pun by saying DEAFcon

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 4

I apologize in advance.It's actually Defcon. I'm not trying to be a bitch and I don't normally post  corrections of people. I only did this time because I thought maybe the person asking thought you were making a pun by saying DEAFcon

I thought the original Defcon mention was a subtle suggestion about its correct usage. Wasn't it RHOC Heather who used Defcon5 about a situation and posters explained then that she had it the wrong way and should have said Defcon1.

I thought the original Defcon mention was a subtle suggestion about its correct usage. Wasn't it RHOC Heather who used Defcon5 about a situation and posters explained then that she had it the wrong way and should have said Defcon1.

Yes, I do remember that.  You may be right

Yes Kim is free to be as crazy/drunk as she wants as long as she's not an IMMINENT danger to herself and others. Anyone can see she can't go on like this , but is she in imminent danger? Not at this time. Is she acting against her own self interest? Yes. It's takes a lot to have somebody deemed incompetent, and rightly so. In the old days your family could call you crazy and have you locked up Indefinetly, with the help of that nice doctor down the street. Kim is in a situation ( one of the few lol) that Hilton money cannot fix. I hate that her family is expected to " do something" to help her. What exactly can they do with a grown woman who wants to drink and drug ( and steal)? I also understand the posters who feel her family should buy her a condo and a guard. It's not realistic but I understand. How long can you fight somebody? At a certain point do you just accept that someone is going to be high until they die and just enjoy the time they have left? So many valid feelings/ emotions. I'm tempted to write a "best thing they can do" type statement , but what do I know? I just thank God she is not my sister or mother. I'm one of those "helper" types and to be brutally honest I don't know if I have it in me to cut off contact with a family member in the same circumstances, even though my rational mind would know I'm helping them to death. Again, so thankful she is not my problem.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 19

Kim is a danger to others if she is driving.  Hopefully, she'll get caught with a couple of DUI's so her license gets suspended and she is maybe thrown in jail like her niece, Paris, BEFORE she kills or injures someone while driving.

• Love 6

Yes Kim is free to be as crazy/drunk as she wants as long as she's not an IMMINENT danger to herself and others. Anyone can see she can't go on like this , but is she in imminent danger? Not at this time. Is she acting against her own self interest? Yes. It's takes a lot to have somebody deemed incompetent, and rightly so. In the old days your family could call you crazy and have you locked up Indefinetly, with the help of that nice doctor down the street. Kim is in a situation ( one of the few lol) that Hilton money cannot fix. I hate that her family is expected to " do something" to help her. What exactly can they do with a grown woman who wants to drink and drug ( and steal)? I also understand the posters who feel her family should buy her a condo and a guard. It's not realistic but I understand. How long can you fight somebody? At a certain point do you just accept that someone is going to be high until they die and just enjoy the time they have left? So many valid feelings/ emotions. I'm tempted to write a "best thing they can do" type statement , but what do I know? I just thank God she is not my sister or mother. I'm one of those "helper" types and to be brutally honest I don't know if I have it in me to cut off contact with a family member in the same circumstances, even though my rational mind would know I'm helping them to death. Again, so thankful she is not my problem.

This. Regardless of what I would do or what I think they should do, I'm quite sure they are doing the best that they can. They can only offer help and it appears that they do, they can't force her to take it. Kim has been pretty damn clear that she will only accept help on her terms.  I remember a friend said to me about addiction and other illnesses "He who is sickest has the power" In Kim's case it's her addictions that have the power because they control Kim and Kim controls everyone else. I realize that it looks like Kim's out of control but from experience I can say that as long as she is winding up her loved ones in to a frenzy of concern for her, she's happy and in control of them and their emotions.  I bet she gets high on that.  I appreciate that Kyle has seemed to disconnect, after so long it's the healthiest thing to do for yourself. And it's the only way to get out from under the addict's control.

• Love 17

I apologize in advance. It's actually Defcon. I'm not trying to be a bitch and I don't normally post corrections of people. I only did this time because I thought maybe the person asking thought you were making a pun by saying DEAFcon

Whoops, so sorry! Freudian slip for housewives who turn a closed ear?

• Love 3

I made the comment that I think her family's best bet is buying her a condo and hiring a car service. Not anything more, IMO. Except maybe an invite to dinner once in a while. It is enabling in a way but, the flip side of that is that it might help the family put their mind at ease and feel like they did all they could to make the best of the situation.

In other words, doing it more for themselves than for her. Booze is legal and pills are everywhere. If Kim has a permanent home, it's a pretty good bet you know where she will be the day she doesn't wake up ever again. If she has a driver, then she has nobody to blame if she drives herself and takes out an entire family. This way, her family can say at least they tried. An added bonus would be a nosy neighbor or doorman that they could check in with so they don't really even have to deal with her. A simple "hey, how you doing? Have you seen my sister in the past day or two? Cool, thank you."

This is similar to how my sister ended. (With a lot less money and certainly no Beverly Hills perks) I did cut her off at one point. I had to. It was hell on ME. We didn't realize yet her brain was starting to go. Once that became clear, all hope of her getting help was gone. I stopped begging my mother to kick her out so she would have to change something. I supported her being in the house (by herself) We had a very small network of people. Long story short, one holiday weekend it started to look like no one had seen her for a couple of days. My dad went to go check on her like he had done many times before. It was the last time.

It's hard to say what the best option is sometimes. I just know I would have felt guilty if I hadn't reconnected with her when we did. I had wanted her kicked out, cut off, and dropped on her butt to fend for herself. There's no way to know if that might have worked or killed her quicker. I can't imagine what it would have been like if she had passed during that time. I'm glad I became more gentle with her while keeping a distance instead of sticking with my hard core choice. She was not physically or mentally well in the end years. She wasn't kicking cops and stealing stickers either so... Who knows?

I just hope the family does what they feel is best FOR THEM, in the end. There really is no right answer. They are the ones left to deal with it though and I hope the decisions they finally do make are ones they feel comfortable with.

• Love 18

Kim's family has already bought her houses and sent her to expensive rehabs -countless times. It's never worked because she doesn't take orders from anyone and she wants to drink and drug. With the exception of the enabling Monty, I don't think anyone in her family has any reason to feel guilty if anything should happen to Kim from this point going forward.

• Love 9

It's is an alert state for the military. DEAFCON 5 is the lowest level. DEAFCON 1 is highest-all hands on deck, so to speak.

Oh OK, the poster meant DEFCON. I thought DEAFCON may have meant something different. The spelling is where my confusion came in.

Thanks!

To the poster who said my question was "snarky", I didn't mean it that way at all. I was just confused because of the spelling. I thought spelling it DEAFCON meant something and I was just wondering what it meant. Sometimes people make up nicknames and things for these shows.

No " snark" involved.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5

This was on KH's twitter last night.

Kathy Hilton ‏@KathyHilton 11h11 hours ago

Sweet dreams everyone. Thank you all for your prayers & good wishes. I am going to bed now & will pray myself to sleep.

I'd hate to think what Kim is doing in response to that picture being released.   More self medicating I would guess, along with ranting and raving.    If she was on a 5150 hold for 72 hours, and still didn't go get some serious therapy, she's in her usual denial, and when that happens, the Angry Kim comes out.   i seriously doubt if KH is trying to set up some type of "post arrest" interview like she did w/Dr. Phil.   That softball interview she did about her sobriety didn't go over well, and with this latest episode, it would just be a fiasco.  

• Love 5

On the show Intervention they often have the family say to the addict that if the addict doesn't go to rehab he/she will be completely cut off from the family, socially and financially.  If I was Kim's family I think I would try to do this but I realize it would be terribly difficult especially with the whole world looking on and judging.  As far as Kyle and Mauricio go, they deserve a medal.  From what I've seen on the show and read on the RHoBH boards they've gone above and beyond to help Kim in every way possible.  Giving her financial support, caring for the children, trying to get her into rehab over and over, helping her get the gig on RHoBH, forgiving her bad behavior time and time again.  Yikes.  Mauricio in particular is up for sainthood in my book. 

• Love 13

On the show Intervention they often have the family say to the addict that if the addict doesn't go to rehab he/she will be completely cut off from the family, socially and financially. 

There's no rehabilitating someone who doesn't want to be rehabilitated. Moreover, these commercial rehabs which are more like overpriced spa resorts are largely ineffective, if you look at the statistical data for rate of recovery and recidivism. Rehab is not the be all and end all for addicts seeking treatment.

• Love 10

The other thing I learned from the show Intervention is that they always get on a plane and take the addict to a rehab center out-of-state. That's so important for a number of reasons. First, it's to get the addict out of proximity from their drug buddies and dealers and environment. It's also about the absence of frequent visitors, even from supportive family, so that the addict focuses solely on themselves, and regard rehab as work and take it seriously. I remember cringing when Dr. Phil agreed to all of Kim's "just down the road" rehab demands. And we see how that turned out.

• Love 3

The other thing I learned from the show Intervention is that they always get on a plane and take the addict to a rehab center out-of-state. That's so important for a number of reasons. First, it's to get the addict out of proximity from their drug buddies and dealers and environment. It's also about the absence of frequent visitors, even from supportive family, so that the addict focuses solely on themselves, and regard rehab as work and take it seriously. I remember cringing when Dr. Phil agreed to all of Kim's "just down the road" rehab demands. And we see how that turned out.

BUT, Kim did not go to the rehab that Dr Phil wanted her to go to, she went elsewhere. He wanted her to go to a facility that focused on more than just addiction, it was a place that specialized in addicts with mental illness, addressing the mental illness first and the addictions secondly. Maybe had Kim gone there she would be in a better place mentally/emotionally and better able to stop her addictions.

• Love 4

BUT, Kim did not go to the rehab that Dr Phil wanted her to go to, she went elsewhere. He wanted her to go to a facility that focused on more than just addiction, it was a place that specialized in addicts with mental illness, addressing the mental illness first and the addictions secondly. Maybe had Kim gone there she would be in a better place mentally/emotionally and better able to stop her addictions.

Right. But he still picked a place in state. I know it was named (for promotional consideration) - was it in Malibu? But even worse, he specifically mentioned knowing her demands and seemed to cater to them, and I thought that was a mistake. I agree with you that a place that treats mental health issues as well as addiction is a better choice for her, but in the end, it probably doesn't matter - Kim has to want to get sober, and she clearly doesn't.

• Love 5

After she was outed in the infamous limo scene, Kim went to extended rehab in Utah.    That didn't seem to go so well.   I think she's been in rehab 4 times, and she knows what they want to hear.  She goes in, seems to focus on alcohol, then builds up her anxiety issues, and they give her meds for that.   She leaves, abuses those meds.   I'm thinking she's popping Ativan like gum drops.  She becomes so used to those, she ups her dose (self medicating), and when those don't numb her enough, she turns back to alcohol.   She has other issues besides her addiction that she hasn't or refuses to address.   I think she likes that numb feeling she gets.  It allows her not to think about deeper issues, focus on how wronged she has been by everyone, feels even sorrier for herself, and then justifies her drinking.    I've said it before, but as long as Kim doesn't drink alcohol, she thinks she sober.  She ignores the other drugs, and whatever else she does to self-medicate.   I'm sure she's been on a binge since that Taret pic was released.   It will only be a matter of time until she does something.

• Love 11

This is just an aside and idle recollection really. I remember being so baffled and SHOCKED when Kyle was viciously lambasted for that reveal in the limousine. To me, it was obvious that not only was Kim high on something that night, but also, had been on something the entire season. Small bits here and there hinted and, at times, more than hinted upon that Kyle and Mauricio were firmly entrenched in helping Kim and, when needed, the kids. I recall reading to find any support for Kyle and, well, how unsuccessful was that. .

But, I digress. The main point of this roundabout unfocused narrative is that Kim has never appeared to want help because she really doesn't want to stop. I think she knows that she has A problem yet doesn't considered it to be problemATIC. So, I guess that leaves Mauricio without a 2nd wife to support, "bad" sister despite the care given to Kim and her children, and Kim, herself, laden with a nice supply of knickknacks courtesy of Target.

Fini.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 13

After she was outed in the infamous limo scene, Kim went to extended rehab in Utah.    That didn't seem to go so well.   I think she's been in rehab 4 times, and she knows what they want to hear.  She goes in, seems to focus on alcohol, then builds up her anxiety issues, and they give her meds for that.   She leaves, abuses those meds.   I'm thinking she's popping Ativan like gum drops.  She becomes so used to those, she ups her dose (self medicating), and when those don't numb her enough, she turns back to alcohol.   She has other issues besides her addiction that she hasn't or refuses to address.   I think she likes that numb feeling she gets.  It allows her not to think about deeper issues, focus on how wronged she has been by everyone, feels even sorrier for herself, and then justifies her drinking.    I've said it before, but as long as Kim doesn't drink alcohol, she thinks she sober.  She ignores the other drugs, and whatever else she does to self-medicate.   I'm sure she's been on a binge since that Taret pic was released.   It will only be a matter of time until she does something.

She went to rehab and lasted 1 week the first time then went again and lasted 21 days of a 90 day rehab program after the limo reveal in season 1. It was reported that Kim had been in rehab 3 or 4 times before the show ever started and that she never completed a full program any of those times, much like the times she went after the show began filming. Kim has never done more than a 30 day stay even though she goes in for either a 60 day or 90 day program. IMO, she goes in long enough to detox from whatever she is abusing and then leaves. So if we go by the lesser number of 3, then add in the 1 week stay, the 21 day stay, the first place before the 2nd wedding, then the 2 places after the wedding we have a total of 8 stays in rehab, 5 of them since the show began filming and she has yet to maintain sobriety for longer than a few months at most. She most definitely does not want to be clean and or sober at all. 

• Love 6

I don't think she is even at the point of knowing she has a problem, even given her rapid descent. She might think she has an alcohol problem, and she'll admit to that somewhat, but I think she's in complete denial about everything else, her rx pills, pills that aren't prescribed to her, air freshener, etc.

I recall someone who knew someone who worked on the show saying that the first season she was just pouring alcohol down her throat opening, but off camera. So everyone knew what the problem was from the start.

• Love 7

I thought that Kathy's Twitter post (above) pretty much said it all.  She might as well have said, "There's nothing left to do but pray."  For whatever faults Kathy may have, I've always thought that she seems like a generous person, doing what she can to help others.  This "tough love" with Kim must be killing her.  There she is with a house too big for her, all the money she could ever hope for, and the inclination to help others, yet she can't help her own sister.  That has to be brutal on her.  (The same may be true for Kyle, but she isn't right there on the scene.) 

I was just thinking that right now it's bedtime on the West Coast and the middle of the night on the East Coast, meaning that most of us are about ready to turn in, or we're sound asleep in bed.  Where is Kim?  Walking the streets or in her car?  If she needs a bathroom, where does she go?  To a service station?  AACK!  How does she pay for gasoline, food and booze?  In the photo taken at Target, she looked worse for the wear and 15 years older than her age.  I know there are people on the board who absolutely don't care, and they're allowed to feel that way.  I just can't.  Kim may have a million faults, but she's still a human being who is hurting.  How do you tell a mentally ill person to make rational decisions?  Kim's mind is wasted! 

I'm afraid that I would be exactly like Kathy in the same situation.  I'd be falling asleep praying if I could sleep at all. 

• Love 6

I am sorry, but I think Kathy had been juust fine NOT helping UNTIL Mauricio said, "bye Felicia" and strode off with his mentally,spiritually, emotionally battered wife and his physically injured daughter by way of Kim. Also, Kathy's daughter, Nicholai, marrying a Rothschild is an ADDED reason for Kathy wanting the EMBARRASSMENT,...to end. As stated previously, Kyle AND Mauricio were the ones to handle onery Kim NOT Kathy and, now, Kathy's is finding out the limitless depth of that unyielding exhaustion.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 20

Kim had a nice cushy j.o.b. but was made redundant due to her own twisted handiwork. HER drinking, drugging, and baffling semi-moronic acts led to this.

The later stealing from "the butcher, the baker, and the candlestick maker" probably only strengthened the stances of those that she had so readily and contemptuously dismissed

• Love 2

As far as Kyle and Mauricio go, they deserve a medal.  From what I've seen on the show and read on the RHoBH boards they've gone above and beyond to help Kim in every way possible.  Giving her financial support, caring for the children, trying to get her into rehab over and over, helping her get the gig on RHoBH, forgiving her bad behavior time and time again.  Yikes.  Mauricio in particular is up for sainthood in my book.

I'm more and more impressed with Mauricio as time goes by. He's a successful businessman, he supported his wife's awful sister for years when he really didn't have to, his wife, children and step daughter seem to adore him. He seems like a really all around great guy. And now that I've said that, next week he'll probably be caught doing lines of coke off a prostitute's ass. But right now, really good guy.

• Love 24

I am sorry, but I think Kathy had been juust fine NOT helping UNTIL Mauricio said, "bye Felicia" and strode off with his mentally,spiritually, emotionally battered wife and his physically injured daughter by way of Kim. Also, Kathy's daughter, Nicholai, marrying a Rothschild is an ADDED reason for Kathy wanting the EMBARRASSMENT,...to end. As stated previously, Kyle AND Mauricio were the ones to handle onery Kim NOT Kathy and, now, Kathy's is finding out the limitless depth of that unyielding exhaustion.

Felicia? I'm sorry to always ask stupid questions but who is Felicia?

I agree with your entire post.

Edited by Maharincess

Bye Felicia: slang for dismissing someone unimportant. From the movie Friday.

• Love 1

You're funny. "Bye Felicia" is just a saying; I think it's from a movie (I forget which one). It's a way to dismiss someone, similar to how Nene says "Girl, bye," and walks away.

• Love 2

From Urban Dictionary:

bye felicia  

When someone says that they're leaving and you could really give two shits less that they are. Their name then becomes "felicia", a random bitch that nobody is sad to see go. They're real name becomes irrelevant because nobody cares what it really is. Instead, they now are "felicia".

"hey guys i'm gonna go"

"bye felicia"

"who is felicia?"

"exactly bitch. buh bye."

Maharincess, I didn't know what that meant until 3 months ago and I had to ask someone.

• Love 3

You guys are awesome! Thank you.

Heather dismissed Ramona with it (bye Felicia) after Ramona complained her products were not given publicity signs at Kristen's charity event.

Edited by talula
  • Love 2

She went out of state and said the downside was when she returned home she did not have the support of the facility because of the geography.  Let's face down the block, around the world-Kim doesn't stay sober because she doesn't want to. 

• Love 4

Brandi has said in  an interview and basically said she and Kim are friends, she had recently spoken to her and she was going through it and she talks to Kathy Hilton all the time.  I can't imagine Kathy or Kyle want Brand to be the spokesperson but by default she has become the spokesperson.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

I made the comment that I think her family's best bet is buying her a condo and hiring a car service. Not anything more, IMO. Except maybe an invite to dinner once in a while. It is enabling in a way but, the flip side of that is that it might help the family put their mind at ease and feel like they did all they could to make the best of the situation.

In other words, doing it more for themselves than for her. Booze is legal and pills are everywhere. If Kim has a permanent home, it's a pretty good bet you know where she will be the day she doesn't wake up ever again. If she has a driver, then she has nobody to blame if she drives herself and takes out an entire family. This way, her family can say at least they tried. An added bonus would be a nosy neighbor or doorman that they could check in with so they don't really even have to deal with her. A simple "hey, how you doing? Have you seen my sister in the past day or two? Cool, thank you."

This is similar to how my sister ended. (With a lot less money and certainly no Beverly Hills perks) I did cut her off at one point. I had to. It was hell on ME. We didn't realize yet her brain was starting to go. Once that became clear, all hope of her getting help was gone. I stopped begging my mother to kick her out so she would have to change something. I supported her being in the house (by herself) We had a very small network of people. Long story short, one holiday weekend it started to look like no one had seen her for a couple of days. My dad went to go check on her like he had done many times before. It was the last time.

It's hard to say what the best option is sometimes. I just know I would have felt guilty if I hadn't reconnected with her when we did. I had wanted her kicked out, cut off, and dropped on her butt to fend for herself. There's no way to know if that might have worked or killed her quicker. I can't imagine what it would have been like if she had passed during that time. I'm glad I became more gentle with her while keeping a distance instead of sticking with my hard core choice. She was not physically or mentally well in the end years. She wasn't kicking cops and stealing stickers either so... Who knows?

I just hope the family does what they feel is best FOR THEM, in the end. There really is no right answer. They are the ones left to deal with it though and I hope the decisions they finally do make are ones they feel comfortable with.

This is nearly verbatim as far as my thinking re: Kim and her family as it's pretty much what's been done with a sibling in my family, too. Just yesterday, I was talking with our mom and she said, "I don't think your sister will ever come back," as a somber acknowledgement that she thinks her youngest is pretty much toast mentally, courtesy of her choices to remain addicted.

It's not about doing things for the addict - it's much more for the family's sanity/peace of mind. Even if those steps are taken, they don't fix everything and yet it's still better than constantly worrying.

• Love 9