Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

If Kathy is joining, maybe I'll get my wish and LaToya will join, too!  The Richards have NOTHING on the Jacksons when it comes to baggage.  And LaToya did Celebrity Apprentice with Lisa R (they got along fine, I think) and NeNe (huge blowup, but she took NeNe on which few do, and said she's a bully who uses her size to intimidate people, which of course she does).  And then she called out Omarosa, of all people, for using her fiance's death as a game advantage... And in interviews afterwards was willing to state that she had nothing to lose because Trump was going to keep O around no matter what, so she knew her goose was cooked.  She's got major spunk.

Years ago I saw her on a reality show about celebs training as police officers/security guards.  The usual reality D list folks - La Toya, Erik Estrada, and in one episode they each had to get tased, to see what it felt like.  She took it amazingly well compared to the men.

And she's also got a completely freaky phobia of kittens.  Which the show showed her in therapy for -- she cannot even look at a photo of a kitten.

Can you imagine her in the mix on RHOA?

• Love 7

This is like playing "Who Do You Trust?"  I'd think that all three sisters would be paranoid about the other two.  The pic of Kathy at the top of the story is oh-so-Hollywood.  I can see Bravo wanting to cast Kathy way back in the beginning.  She's probably the most well-known socialite in town.  But to fire Kim and potentially Kyle and to hire Kathy is nothing short of an amazing move.  If all of this is true, I can hardly wait to see how it goes down

What an idle threat if ever there was one! Kim can barely piece together enough words to form two consecutively coherent sentences.

And Monty? I really don't want to speak ill of the terminally ill, but that man appears to be just as delusional and drugged up as his ex wife.

How nasty she is! If there ends up being a book it will be one of those little ghost-written ones that is about 24 pages long and otherwise full of photos we've already seen. And it won't be an anti-Kathy, anti-Kyle tell-all because no ghost writer will want to be involved in that sort of never-ending-lawsuit. They just want to write, get paid, thank-you-ma'am.

• Love 1

Maybe NBC is doing a remake of "Diving with the Stars." that really successful show Kim was in.  

I'm sure Lisa Rinna is crying in her pillow - see, Kim is so much more selective than Lisa, and it paid off! 2 Shows!  Golly Gee. 

(sarcasm off)

• Love 2

I think ROL is reaching with this one. LOL I don't think Kathy wants the skeletons of her past nor the problems with her kids being put in the spotlight any more than they already are. That is a family that has spent time and money ensuring their misdeeds pass like shadows in the night as much as possible, being on the show would subject them to the harsh light of an enormous spotlight. JMO

Right.  This is vintage ROL.  It's such an obvious stupid story that I should have predicted it.  Even putting aside what a bad move it would be for Kathy, think about what a bad move it would be for the show.  More seasons of the Richards sisters' saga?  We love each other, but we're different and don't always get along...  Good sister, bad sister...  Rinse, repeat.  No thanks.

• Love 4

How nasty she is! If there ends up being a book it will be one of those little ghost-written ones that is about 24 pages long and otherwise full of photos we've already seen. And it won't be an anti-Kathy, anti-Kyle tell-all because no ghost writer will want to be involved in that sort of never-ending-lawsuit. They just want to write, get paid, thank-you-ma'am.

Dont worry all three books will be coloring books any how.

• Love 10

Leave it to Lisa Vanderpump to sum it up very nicely

“A reality show should document your reality,” Vanderpump exclusively told Radar at Real Housewives of Miami star Lea Black’s Red Carpets & White Lies book launch party at Pump Lounge in West Hollywood on Thursday. 

“It shouldn’t be the reason you drink and the show should not be what keeps you sober.”

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/rhobh-kim-richards-relapse-fired-lisa-vanderpump-breaks-silence/

• Love 9

Leave it to Lisa Vanderpump to sum it up very nicely

“A reality show should document your reality,” Vanderpump exclusively told Radar at Real Housewives of Miami star Lea Black’s Red Carpets & White Lies book launch party at Pump Lounge in West Hollywood on Thursday. 

“It shouldn’t be the reason you drink and the show should not be what keeps you sober.”

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/rhobh-kim-richards-relapse-fired-lisa-vanderpump-breaks-silence/

Well, this is in stark contrast to the comment she made following Kim's trip to rehab post-season 1. When asked if Kim should stay off the show in order to focus on getting sober, LVP said something to the effect of, "Absolutely not, this is the cast that made the show a success and it needs to stay intact." I remember finding her response so odd at the time - it seemed so heartless. Like she cared more about the show doing well than Kim doing well. It was confusing because I liked Lisa back then. That was the first time I ever got a ping on my "LVP is not quite what she pretends to be" radar. The first time of many!

• Love 3

Am I the only regular here who kind of hopes this Kathy rumor is true? I'll admit again that I think she'd be an interesting addition. I'm curious to compare the dynamic between the sisters, I'm curious to see Rick and Mauricio interact, I'd like to see some interaction between the cousins, I'd like to see how Kathy and Lisa get on, I'd like to see how Andy would treat Kathy in comparison to Kyle, and I would have even wanted to get a glimpse of Nicky's wedding if it had been possible.

You do magic now? was one of my favorite moments this past season. She seems like she could be pretty funny even if it isn't intentional.

• Love 8

Am I the only regular here who kind of hopes this Kathy rumor is true? I'll admit again that I think she'd be an interesting addition. I'm curious to compare the dynamic between the sisters, I'm curious to see Rick and Mauricio interact, I'd like to see some interaction between the cousins, I'd like to see how Kathy and Lisa get on, I'd like to see how Andy would treat Kathy in comparison to Kyle, and I would have even wanted to get a glimpse of Nicky's wedding if it had been possible.

You do magic now? was one of my favorite moments this past season. She seems like she could be pretty funny even if it isn't intentional.

I loved that! She was oblivious to Adrienne's hunk and bespelled by the magic!

Yall are getting sucked into the Kathy Hilton vortex. Lol. BH is turning in NJ with all these family members coming on. Not to mention it seems like NBC/Universal wants this to keep up Kardashian broads over on E. Im just tired of it.

• Love 4

Yall are getting sucked into the Kathy Hilton vortex. Lol. BH is turning in NJ with all these family members coming on. Not to mention it seems like NBC/Universal wants this to keep up Kardashian broads over on E. Im just tired of it.

Don't worry BlackMamba, I' m standing there right with you at the edge of the vortex with a rope to pull the others back from the dark side so that we can announce "This show is clean".

• Love 2
I think Kathy wont do it. There is a reasons for it. If she has any skeletons in her closet no way she wants it revealed especially on Bravo who loves to expose secrets and lies for entertainment. No she'll stay on Life With LeToya it's much safer.

I think you make a very good point here, Black Mamba.  I wonder whether Kathy has thought this thing through. 

Having Kathy in the cast would bring some giggles, I'll bet, but I have another reason for not wanting her on this show.  PARIS!  Bravo likes to show families, and this would give Paris the opening she's longed for.  A recent story said that Paris is miserable these days with nothing to do.  Nobody knows this better than her mommy.   If Paris gets her foot in the door, I picture Brandi and Paris and outright war.  I can't stand Paris Hilton, and if she so much as wanders onto the set, it's the last time I'll watch this show.  There are lots of sneaky reasons why Kathy might like to be a Housewife, and it wouldn't surprise me if this were one of them.  I can almost envision Paris in the background, begging "mommy" to join the cast.

• Love 2

Don't worry BlackMamba, I' m standing there right with you at the edge of the vortex with a rope to pull the others back from the dark side so that we can announce "This show is clean".

Great POLTERGEIST reference!

(edited)

I wonder whether Kathy has thought this thing through.

Having Kathy in the cast would bring some giggles, I'll bet, but I have another reason for not wanting her on this show. PARIS! Bravo likes to show families, and this would give Paris the opening she's longed for. A recent story said that Paris is miserable these days with nothing to do. Nobody knows this better than her mommy. If Paris gets her foot in the door, I picture Brandi and Paris and outright war. I can't stand Paris Hilton, and if she so much as wanders onto the set, it's the last time I'll watch this show. There are lots of sneaky reasons why Kathy might like to be a Housewife, and it wouldn't surprise me if this were one of them. I can almost envision Paris in the background, begging "mommy" to join the cast.

Edited by BookElitist

I know, I know, BlackMamba. I clearly need help, lol.

Love ya. You do have a great point Im a tiny curious of how Kyle is with those other family members outside of Kim. I just want to enjoy the show with little to no mention of Kim, Kathy or that said side of the family.

• Love 2
(edited)

I wonder whether Kathy has thought this thing through.

Having Kathy in the cast would bring some giggles, I'll bet, but I have another reason for not wanting her on this show. PARIS! Bravo likes to show families, and this would give Paris the opening she's longed for. A recent story said that Paris is miserable these days with nothing to do. Nobody knows this better than her mommy. If Paris gets her foot in the door, I picture Brandi and Paris and outright war. I can't stand Paris Hilton, and if she so much as wanders onto the set, it's the last time I'll watch this show. There are lots of sneaky reasons why Kathy might like to be a Housewife, and it wouldn't surprise me if this were one of them. I can almost envision Paris in the background, begging "mommy" to join the cast.

I hate to admit knowing this but Paris for the most part is in Europe and major globetrotter.  They like her in Europe.  Nicky will be living in London after the wedding.   As far as busy she has released her 19th fragrance and as 44 stores worldwide.  She makes 10 million a year off her products.  Paris makes more money than dad.  I don't think she will be angling for a role on the show but stranger things have happened. 

Has anyone ever seen  Paris Hilton Store?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dansimon/2014/06/04/paris-in-the-springtime-the-caricatured-ditzy-blonde-reinvents-herself-as-serious-entrepreneur-and-crushes-it/

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3

It could be Paris is bored. It happens. There are a lot well known people who live overseas temporary and make their money and want to come back home. I have to admit to since shes been in Europe I havent heard a peep out of her for the most part in terms of trouble making.

As far as the Forbes article, I don't think the "work" that Paris performs is on par with the WORK of her grandfather(even the underhanded aspects).

Further, it's more like Paris' NAME is attached rather than her developing, cultivating, or leading anything.

• Love 4

Love ya. You do have a great point Im a tiny curious of how Kyle is with those other family members outside of Kim. I just want to enjoy the show with little to no mention of Kim, Kathy or that said side of the family.

I totally agree.  I'm curious to see how Kyle interacts with Kathy, but nothing on a permanent basis.  Kathy just doesn't seem that interesting.  I want to get back to basics - shopping, elegant dinner parties with lots of infighting, a psychic or two ( ;-)  ) but I'm beyond tired of Kim's drama, and Brandi trying to fit in.   Kathy just doesn't seem that interesting.

• Love 2

There's a Lifetime movie called "Anatomy of Deception" in which a male character confesses to killing his wife, who had cancer. His big line? "She was in a lot of pain. You don't know what I went through AT NIGHT!"

Is Kim stealing dialogue? LOL.

• Love 13

There's a Lifetime movie called "Anatomy of Deception" in which a male character confesses to killing his wife, who had cancer. His big line? "She was in a lot of pain. You don't know what I went through AT NIGHT!"

Is Kim stealing dialogue? LOL.

SHUT UP THAT WASNT SAID

• Love 5

This is in stark contrast to the comment she made following Kim's trip to rehab post-season 1. When asked if Kim should stay off the show in order to focus on getting sober, LVP said something to the effect of, "Absolutely not, this is the cast that made the show a success and it needs to stay intact." I remember finding her response so odd at the time - it seemed so heartless. Like she cared more about the show doing well than Kim doing well.

I'd bet this was LVP saying what her longtime friend Kyle wanted her to say at the time. Now that Kyle has disengaged (I hope!) and Kim's addictions are undeniable, she doesn't have to keep her silence anymore.

As far as Kim, I'll have two shows on NBC before she does. Check your local listings.

And I agree Monty is her drug buddy. Brandi must have been jealous when she saw the finale episode, because the last scene of Kim at the party was her and Monty hanging all over each other and declaring to be "best friends." They were wasted.

• Love 8

I'm not inclined to believe that Kathy Hilton will become a HW.  She's always traveling and it's a big commitment.   Of course, I could just be projecting my wish that she doesn't join the cast.  I'm not interested in Kathy Hilton and sure as hell don't need another Bichard Sisters combo.

I just don't see Kathy and Kyle delivering that much of a HUGE slap in the face to sister Kimmie.

• Love 2

I am a little bit late but here are proposed titles for Kim's books

I - The Art of Deflection

II - Never Say You're Sorry (it's always someone's fault)

III - Never Let them see you Drink

• Love 10

You could be right, zoeysmom.  For the sake of her personal happiness, I hope you are.  I'd rather agree with BookElitist, though, because I can't envision Paris doing a lick of work.  I thought she must be over there to find a husband.  She's pretty much been through Greece, but there are a few more countries she hasn't quite exhausted yet.  *meow*

• Love 4

As far as the Forbes article, I don't think the "work" that Paris performs is on par with the WORK of her grandfather(even the underhanded aspects).

Further, it's more like Paris' NAME is attached rather than her developing, cultivating, or leading anything.

I am still confused why Paris has 19 fragrances.  I thought most folks settle for a signature fragrance-she is right up there with Estee Lauder. 

It would be weird to see her on the show and who knows maybe they will have her reunite with her old nanny Bethenny Frankel. 

I'd bet this was LVP saying what her longtime friend Kyle wanted her to say at the time. Now that Kyle has disengaged (I hope!) and Kim's addictions are undeniable, she doesn't have to keep her silence anymore.

As far as Kim, I'll have two shows on NBC before she does. Check your local listings.

And I agree Monty is her drug buddy. Brandi must have been jealous when she saw the finale episode, because the last scene of Kim at the party was her and Monty hanging all over each other and declaring to be "best friends." They were wasted.

Judging by Monty's most recent comments he sounds like he is far more of the problem than the solution.  Maybe for the sake of his daughter Brooke and her future children  Kim should turn down the easy money of a tell all.  He might be surprised to learn how Kim turns on him and his co addict ways.   

• Love 2

I sure hope Radar is wrong about Kathy coming on the show. I have no interest in her or her offspring. Much as I am sick of Kim, I'd rather have her back than any of them.

• Love 3

I don't think Paris thinks she's above a Bravo show like this these days. She likes attention and if her mom is involved I feel like she'd be willing to film occasionally and maybe even more than that. 

I guess this convo should probably move over to casting speculation but I'll just add one thing. I don't see the show as Paris' scene at all. She is regularly seen out at the clubs partying and globe trotting. I can't imagine her wanting to go to game night, tea party, magic show (!), etc with a bunch of 50 something's. She's making tons selling her cheap ass perfumes to teenagers. I don't think she needs the promotional side of it either.

• Love 3

A spin off might be good if the sisters could ever agree on what that might be and with Kyle doing a TVLand dramedy based on their childhood that might be touchy. I fear adding Kathy would change RHoBH into the type of family dysfunction seen on RHoNJ.

• Love 3

I still have 2 more pages to read but I just had to say I serious doubt Kim is schizophrenic. I believe alien or demon possession is higher on the list of differential diagnoses. Then again, I don't know Kim or her medical history however (again) I doubt schizophrenia.

I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I have multiple close family members with schizophrenia and Kim doesn't present like any of them. My family members are what I guess is the classic stereotype of schizophrenics who have audio and visual hallucinations that they can't or only with difficulty distinguish from reality, though. Maybe like with bipolar, the diagnosis has recently evolved and there are more variants recognized? Dunno. I did have a friend whose brother developed what they were convinced was drug induced schizophrenia. Supposedly, that's even less treatable than the usual. He didn't present anything like Kim either, though. Kim is way beyond the age range when schizophrenia normally manifests. If she has it, I think it would have to be longstanding.

I agree with most of what you wrote however schizophrenia is a specific disorder and there may be subcategories but the underlying disorder is schizophrenia. Unless the terminology has been recently changed, I think you may be thinking of drug induced psychosis. I'll stop here otherwise I will start rambling about boring medical stuff like dopamine and hallucinations and parkinson's medications
  • Love 9

I still have 2 more pages to read but I just had to say I serious doubt Kim is schizophrenic. I believe alien or demon possession is higher on the list of differential diagnoses. Then again, I don't know Kim or her medical history however (again) I doubt schizophrenia.

I agree with most of what you wrote however schizophrenia is a specific disorder and there may be subcategories but the underlying disorder is schizophrenia. Unless the terminology has been recently changed, I think you may be thinking of drug induced psychosis. I'll stop here otherwise I will start rambling about boring medical stuff like dopamine and hallucinations and parkinson's medications

I doubt the schizophrenic diagnosis as well.... I vote for a personality disorder such as borderline personality disorder.

• Love 6

BPD, narcissism, anxiety, addiction and brain damage from her addictions, plus being emotionally stunted and having a terrible family of origin. All that adds up to a recipe for assholery that is going to be impossible to treat or improve, especially because Kim sees no reason why she should do anything or change anything.

• Love 12

BPD, narcissism, anxiety, addiction and brain damage from her addictions, plus being emotionally stunted and having a terrible family of origin. All that adds up to a recipe for assholery that is going to be impossible to treat or improve, especially because Kim sees no reason why she should do anything or change anything.

Add on a big dollop of childhood Hollywood stardom driven by a scary momager as the topping to that recipe. Yikes.

• Love 3

If Kathy is joining, maybe I'll get my wish and LaToya will join, too!  The Richards have NOTHING on the Jacksons when it comes to baggage.  And LaToya did Celebrity Apprentice with Lisa R (they got along fine, I think) and NeNe (huge blowup, but she took NeNe on which few do, and said she's a bully who uses her size to intimidate people, which of course she does).  And then she called out Omarosa, of all people, for using her fiance's death as a game advantage... And in interviews afterwards was willing to state that she had nothing to lose because Trump was going to keep O around no matter what, so she knew her goose was cooked.  She's got major spunk.

Years ago I saw her on a reality show about celebs training as police officers/security guards.  The usual reality D list folks - La Toya, Erik Estrada, and in one episode they each had to get tased, to see what it felt like.  She took it amazingly well compared to the men.

And she's also got a completely freaky phobia of kittens.  Which the show showed her in therapy for -- she cannot even look at a photo of a kitten.

Can you imagine her in the mix on RHOA?

Loved her in all of those shows. She does have a spunk and she will say what she needs to say to someone.  I had a chance to meet her, too. She has that phobia about touching hands, something I was aware of when I met her so, I didn't put my hand out, but she did hug me.

LaToya has appeared, just for a brief moment on RHoBH during Pandora's wedding. I am not sure, but I think she had another quick scene. She is friends with Lisa V.

LaToya had her own reality show on the OWN Network.

I think what it really boils down too Monty doesnt want to do all his drugs alone. Addicts are known for not wanting to do drugs alone because it's sad and boring.

So true. Monty has access to meds because of his health issue, and Kim has the money to buy her own shit. When she runs out, there is Monty's stash to dig into.

• Love 2

So true. Monty has access to meds because of his health issue, and Kim has the money to buy her own shit. When she runs out, there is Monty's stash to dig into.

Yep. And they both share!

• Love 3

Not me. I am still here!

Can't Kyle be alone on this damn show without Kim or any relative stuck to her like a parasitic twin? Cut 'em off!

• Love 8