Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

Agreed.  They've been shelving footage of a wasted Kim for years now.  And they've had to make plenty of special accommodations for her drunk ass.  So, if the article is true, which it sounds like a bunch of bull to me, I'd say that they'd want to oust her for the dog and not because she's, once again, un-sober.  

Yep the only reason why they have never shown certain footage is because Kyle begged for them not too.  See, Kyle even has to protect Kim from losing her job.  I think Evolution just had enough of Kim anyhow.  Covering for her.  No storyline besides her "sobriety."  Difficult to work with.  It could explain why in season 5 they finally showed her at her worst when it came to this pain pill drama. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 6

Yep the only reason why they have never shown certain footage is because Kyle begged for them not too.  See, Kyle even has to protect Kim from losing her job.  I think Evolution just had enough of Kim anyhow.  Covering for her.  No storyline besides her "sobriety."  Difficult to work with.  It could explain why in season 5 they finally showed her at her worst when it came to this pain pill drama. 

No, Mamba, you've got it all wrong.  

Kyle is The Evil, who forced her dear hearted sister to perform circus tricks before the cameras, because evil reasons.  She didn't protect poor Lamby from anything.  

Man, can you imagine what the camera crew has seen and heard over the years?  Now, them, I feel empathy for!

• Love 9
While Yolanda, LisaV, Kyle and Brandi may have known Kim was drinking, their silence after that horrible restaurant scene in Amsterdam was unforgivable. All of them should have ignored Kim completely until she apologized. Even Kyle, on the boat, asked LisaV "So everything is okay now" and LisaV said "It has to be." I don't understand why it had to be. Kim's behavior hasn't changed because it has been tolerated. And whenever Kim said she has been working hard on her sobriety and LisaR and Eileen were ruining it for her, no one else said a word in LisaR's or Eileen's defense. Even though I ultimately felt as if both women should have stayed out of it and let Kyle and Kathy deal with it, Eileen and Lisa seemed very alone during the season so, for me, yes, vindication is the right word.

This was LisaR and Eileen's first season.  It appears that at best LisaR and Kim were casual acquaintances prior the show, so for both of them this was their first full exposure to pure uncut Kim Richards.  Kyle has finally admitted this season to getting blow back from her family about confronting Kim's issues on-camera.  LisaV felt the force of Kim's wrath when she expressed concern on camera in a previous season.  And other than the pill, none of them had proof that Kim had done anything more.  I'll never forget how much contempt was expressed for Kyle being concerned about Kim's relationship with the bull mastiff in season 2, and how sure a lot were that she was just exaggerating and just didn't want Kim to succeed.  Well, up until the bathroom incident towards the end of the season.  But even after that, there seemed to be a lot excuse making for Kim and how she was just loopy and eccentric, and that odd behavior shouldn't be immediately assumed to be inebriation.  

To be honest, I was shocked that the tide finally turned against Kim.  It seems the main difference this season is that there were two people who were willing to speak about things on camera, because they haven't been worn down by Kim's fury and/or were not getting off-camera pressure to keep things under wraps.  I doubt that either Kyle or LisaV forsaw the majority viewing things they way they are now.  There's a reason that Brandi was so sure that she would be seen as the good friend this season.  It's just good fortune that Eileen and LisaP got a favorable response, so their concern was met with a lot of credence.

• Love 14

I don't believe any emergency meeting was held at all!  There is no emergency going on for one thing and no need to have a meeting before contracts are about to be signed for the next season anyway.   And the go to rehab or else.  pfffffft  It is common knowledge that rehab helps very few (3%).   And I believe she has done that before; more proof it is not a viable option for Kim.  

I do think they may not sign her for next season though.  They have run the this plot line as far as they can.  The dog is Kim's problem and not theirs.  They are not going to be held responsible.  Plenty of actors have animals.  If production companies were responsible for a pet's actions no actor with a pet would be signed for anything.  

Kyle has finally admitted this season to getting blow back from her family about confronting Kim's issues on-camera.

Ah, it is Kyle's fault again.  What is wrong with that family?  Give Kim blow back for cryin' out loud.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

From radaronline.com

Rehab Excuse? Kim Richards Planning To Leave Country For Daughter Brooke’s Wedding Party
Posted on Apr 17, 2015 @ 9:33AM

In the wake of Kim Richards‘ boozy arrest at the Beverly Hills Hotel, insiders tell RadarOnline.com that there is mounting pressure for her to get help. But sources tell Radar that her daughter, Brooke Brinson, has been planning to host a lavish wedding celebration out of the country in the next few weeks, and Kim could use it as an excuse to delay getting treatment.

Even though Brinson, Kim’s daughter with ex Monty Brinson, already got married last summer, at aunt Kathy Hilton‘s house, she has been planning a lavish second ceremony with husband, Thayer Wiederhorn, out of the country in the next several weeks.

“Brooke has been planning an over-the-top lavish wedding out of the country,” an insider told Radar. “The first ceremony last August was rushed because of Monty’s health. He really wanted to walk Brooke down the aisle. The ceremony was lovely, and it was so generous of Rick and Kathy Hilton to host it, but it wasn’t what Brooke had always dreamed of.”4

-snip-

Meanwhile, “Friends of Kim’s think having a second wedding is just ridiculous,” said the source. “Who is paying for the wedding? Kim was dealing with a lot before the arrest, including the hospitalization of one of her children for mental health issues, and Monty’s illness. She needs to go back to rehab.”

Edited by quinn
  • Love 3

Man, can you imagine what the camera crew has seen and heard over the years?  Now, them, I feel empathy for!

I wished they still sold the DVDs of Housewives still with extra, extra bonus footage mainly with this franchise.  Kim was probably one big ass tyrant.

• Love 3

I don't believe for one minute there was an "emergency meeting".

Maybe between Andy and Wacha. 

Kim is not that important  for an "emergency meeting", especially within NBC Universal as some articles are saying.

Yes, she's a liability, and she has been for some time.   But "higher ups" all sitting around a table wringing their hands - I don't buy it.  It's an easy decision.  She's not that important to the show either. Someone calls someone and tells whoever to let her go. Done.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 6

I wished they still sold the DVDs of Housewives still with extra, extra bonus footage mainly with this franchise.  Kim was probably one big ass tyrant.

Oh yes.  It's laughable to me (Haha!) that Kyle was a bully and forced Kim to be on the show year after year.  Kyle, who runs away when Kim raises her voice, forced that women to do what, now?!  No.  

• Love 11

Alcoholism is a disease.  Lyme's disease is a disease.  Yolanda exhibited some of the effects of Lyme's disease during the reunion.  Kim exhibited some of the effects of alcoholism at the Beverly Hills Hotel.  Yolanda has reached a low point.  So has Kim.  Yolanda goes to bed and suffers silently (as far as we know).  Wanting isolation is part of Yolanda's disease since her brain is affected.  Kim suffers publicly, as that is often an offshoot of alcoholism.  So is doing and saying mean things and lying.  Yolanda has said that she would do anything to rid herself of her disease.  Kim is not willing to do anything because her brain is also affected, and most alcoholics would rather drink than suffer more without the alcohol.  Both diseases affect a person mentally and physically. 

How readily and easily we pillory Kim!  Some onlookers are downright gleeful that Kim is going to be made to suffer.  I haven't heard of anyone who is happy to see Yolanda suffer.

Both women are in dire need of help, the sooner the better.  Both of them have my prayers.  So does Kyle, who is in New York because her ill sister says that she feels closer to a tarnished friend than she does to her own sister.  Kyle is in New York because Kim compared her unfavorably with their other sister.  Kyle is hurting.  She doesn't quite realize that both statements were the DISEASE talking, not the feelings of Kim's heart.

Some of the remarks following Kim's arrest suggest that there truly is a difference in outlook between a physical and a mental illness.  In a perfect world, neither woman would suffer.  But the world isn't perfect.  In a perfect world, mental and physical illnesses would be treated with the same compassion.  But the world isn't perfect. 

I agree with part of this, but the problem comes when someone doesn't want to do anything about their disease and then blames you for their disease. Yolanda seems to admit that she has a disease and is trying to deal with it.  I don't think Kim really, deep down believes she has a disease.   I know how hard it is to stay sober, I've been sober for 27 years now. It's not easy.  However, sometimes the only way a person can get help is if they hit bottom.  

IMO, I don't think Kim has hit bottom yet.  Why should Kim get sober?  She drinks, uses drugs and still has a job, a home, her family and a life.  Some people have to lose everything in order to get clean, I didn't, but I deal with women all the time who have.  Maybe Kim is that type of person.  Maybe only then will she look up and say, "I am an alcoholic/addict and I need help."  

• Love 12

"But despite accusations that Kim has been lying to RHOBH castmates, some sources say the recent relapse was an isolated incident after months of struggling to stay sober. Many insiders add that this was not simply caused by the crazy RHOBH reunion or Lisa Rinna feud. Instead, they contend, this was a combination of many factors including Monty's illness, the fight with Kyle and watching the emotional reunion on TV with her daughter Brooke."

http://www.hollywoodtake.com/kim-richards-lying-drinking-depression-and-crazy-rhobh-reunion-building-months-after-79234

Just like the pill taking Poker Night was not a relapse.

• Love 10

Congrats to 27 years, Neurochick!  That's awesome and is testament to the effort you put into your own wellbeing.  Glad you made it to the other side.

IMO, I don't think Kim has hit bottom yet.  Why should Kim get sober?  She drinks, uses drugs and still has a job, a home, her family and a life.  Some people have to lose everything in order to get clean, I didn't, but I deal with women all the time who have.  Maybe Kim is that type of person.  Maybe only then will she look up and say, "I am an alcoholic/addict and I need help."  

Agree completely.  So many people are still making excuses for her.  She doesn't even have to put effort in doing that, ffs!   There's no reason for her to take responsibility for herself because she gets everything she wants already, this way.  The fear of the unknown is so strong sometimes that even bad is better than nothing.  However, rewarding her for her actions, is what all of this coddling does.  I hate to think that some people's bottom has to be losing everything but you're right, in that that's what it takes, for some.  And I don't even think that it's 100% the worst thing in all circumstances, to lose or voluntarily purge it all, because even then, that doesn't mean one cannot rebuild again.  . 

• Love 8

To be honest, I was shocked that the tide finally turned against Kim.  It seems the main difference this season is that there were two people who were willing to speak about things on camera, because they haven't been worn down by Kim's fury and/or were not getting off-camera pressure to keep things under wraps.  I doubt that either Kyle or LisaV forsaw the majority viewing things they way they are now.  There's a reason that Brandi was so sure that she would be seen as the good friend this season.  It's just good fortune that Eileen and LisaP got a favorable response, so their concern was met with a lot of credence.

I think this happening on Rinna's watch helped speed it up. Rinna wasn't willing to play along, and, of course, there's no way to explain the blow up in Amsterdam without airing footage of the car ride to Eileen's. Seeing it unfold is very different from hearing it/reading about it in Bravo blogs (with spin spin spin from the blog writers). 

Contrast that with season one. When Kim met Lisa's friend, Martin, and the next day Lisa wondered if Kim had ever thanked him, I remember there being questions about what happened. At the time of airing, viewers didn't get why Lisa wondered about Kim thanking Martin because the editors only showed Kim meeting Martin, them chatting a bit at dinner, then the next day when Kyle and Kim met up for facials. There's a gaping hole in that narrative, right? And that's due to the editors and producers protecting Kim's image there. 

If they'd taken the same tack, so many folks would probably have the same sense of confusion. Like, if they'd not aired Kim's "awn-ree" ride with Rinna to Eileen's, if they'd not aired Brandi and Rinna talking at lunch, if all they'd shown in Amsterdam was the tense dinner on the boat and not the blowout dinner from a couple nights before, it would have advanced a totally different storyline and Kim would have way more coddlers than she has now. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 10

Kim is not that important  for an "emergency meeting", especially within NBC Universal as some articles are saying.

If anyone needed proof Radar Online makes up stories, this is it. Emergency meeting! Over Kim Richards! First off, RHOBH isn't even filming. And they're months away from casting decisions for next season. And Kim is just one of the HW's, not the star of the show. When Charlie Sheen went on one of his public, coke-infused benders, I think they were in the middle of production on Two and a half Men.. Now that's cause for an emergency meeting!

• Love 6

It all sounds like stuff Brandi would think up during one of her own "episodes" and call it in to Radar Online. I'm serious, she is just nutso enough to do it. In her mind, she's keeping Kim relevant, therefore saving her job. That's how she thinks, anyway.

• Love 5

It all sounds like stuff Brandi would think up during one of her own "episodes" and call it in to Radar Online. I'm serious, she is just nutso enough to do it. In her mind, she's keeping Kim relevant, therefore saving her job. That's how she thinks, anyway.

It's true. These stories have Brandi's name written all over them. The less-than-accurate info., the ignorance re: Brooke being out of the country, the vendetta against the Lisa's, the Kim-is-mad and Kim-is-the-victim POV, the self-interest....

What I love is that Brandi's wine was just launched, and she's been all over town trying to promote it, and then this happened - completely overshadowing everything. And of all things to promote! Folks on Twitter are joking about Kim as the only one wanting to buy the stuff. And lots of it!

• Love 11

From radaronline.com

No, No, No! Kim Richards Refusing Rehab After Arrest, Wants Sober Living Companion Instead

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 @ 10:50AM

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Kim Richards still isn’t ready for rehab, despite being arrested for being drunk in public earlier this week after a very public relapse. Instead, RadarOnline.com has learned, she’s telling those in her inner circle that she wants a sober living companion to help her cope with the ongoing stress in her life. ​

With ex-husband, Monty, battling terminal cancer, and one of her adult children recently hospitalized for mental health issues, “Kim knows that she needs help,” a source told Radar. “But she is refusing to go to rehab. She doesn’t want to be away from Monty and with Brooke‘s second wedding coming up, it’s just not a good time. Instead, Kim wants a sober living companion to live with her.”

“Kim seems to think the sober living companion would prevent her from drinking again, but her family thinks it’s a terrible idea,” the source continued. “It’s just a glorified babysitter, and it does not address Kim’s problems.”

“If anybody thinks Kim fell of the wagon for the first time because she watched the RHOBH reunion, well, they need to go buy oceanfront property in Arizona. The drinking had been getting worse over the past few weeks, but to blame it on the show is just Kim’s attempt to deflect responsibility for her addiction.”

Edited by quinn
  • Love 4

Kim was at the bar probably bothering the people at the "other table", yet she most likely perceived it as them wanting her to join them.   This would explain the part of the police statement that said the hotel said she was harassing other customers.    When they asked her to leave, can't you just hear her saying "No, I'm going over there (pointing to the table) to be with my friends".  

Filming ended awhile ago, then she had to go back for one day to film the reunion, so the "stress" of the show isn't due to filming.   The stress is because she showed her true colors and is no longer the poor little wounded bird.  She went from Little House on the Prairie to Big Bitch in the Bar.

• Love 9

Plus all the other women blogged after each portion of the reunion. If we are to beleive that Kim was actually going to bless us with her thoughts, why didn't she write them Weekly like everyone else? Plus if she really didn't want to watch the reunion pay someone to ghost write it or lastly write some bs about it being a hard season...she was at the reunion taping she knows what went down. Total bs

• Love 1

I agree that there was no "emergency meeting".   Not only because it would be ridiculous, but I think Kim's time on this show was coming to an end anyway.  I think both she & Brandi were going to be done no matter what else happened.   IMO it was all over Andy's face at the reunion.  Both of them have outlived their usefulness on this show and both have proven to be liabilities who could potentially cause huge problems.  Not worth it.  Time to move this show along with some new HW's thrown into the mix.  And I think that's Bravo's opinion as well as my own.

• Love 9

I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd channel thoughts to Tamara. LOL

I knew there was no way Kim was taking care of Monty.  I'm glad someone else researched it and came up with the truth.

Plus sober living companions are for people coming out of programs.  Kim can't just stop drinking at her house.  She would need medical personnel since the alcohol/pill withdrawal can actually kill you.  This is such cluster fuck.

I'm sure at this point Brooke is praying that Kim ends up in rehab and misses the wedding.  The last thing the bride needs is a drunk and her babysitter at the festivities.  Sheesh.

• Love 4

I was more upset with the quote, "- Her son Chad was released from UCLA Medical Center hours before the meltdown." 

This jumped out at me too.  Assuming this is even true (and I am super-skeptical of all of these articles with their unnamed sources)  who goes out and gets drunk  the very same day a child is released from the hospital?  No matter his age, no matter the reason he was hospitalized, it's just beyond my comprehension.  

And even more so when the child has had a very rocky recent history and when the mother has spent a whole lot of time screaming on national television that she's sober.

• Love 6

Is that a camouflage leash she has in her hand?  Maybe she is going to visit Kingsley, at the trainers?  Or take care of Brooke's dog?

I don't know how often Chad spends time in UCLA but he has been reported to have been under psychiatric in patient care since March, I believe.  He was out and about with the family and Kim was posting pictures of him April 5th and 6th. So I question this TMZ source.

I think it's a lanyard type strap for keys but not positive.

• Love 2

Plus sober living companions are for people coming out of programs.  Kim can't just stop drinking at her house.  She would need medical personnel since the alcohol/pill withdrawal can actually kill you.  This is such cluster fuck.

I'm sure at this point Brooke is praying that Kim ends up in rehab and misses the wedding.  The last thing the bride needs is a drunk and her babysitter at the festivities.  Sheesh.

Rich people can do anything. If you want to hire a sober companion instead of going to rehab, you can, so long as you pay for it. I've heard of movie studios who hire sober companions for actors who are addicts to shadow/accompany them everywhere during filming.

Re: Brooke - I'm sure she is pissed that this has happened right before her lavish wedding. I know this is mean, but I'll say it anyway - she sounds pretty shallow and materialistic to want two weddings, and now her mother's arrest has cast a shadow over her "perfect" wedding #2. I wonder how the arrest will play out with her kids.

• Love 10

The dog is Kim's problem and not theirs.  They are not going to be held responsible.  Plenty of actors have animals.  If production companies were responsible for a pet's actions no actor with a pet would be signed for anything.  

Evolution is named in the lawsuit filed by Kay Rozario this past December.  That doesn't mean they will ultimately be held responsible, but I do believe that it is a distinct possibility.  I'm not an attorney, but I'm not so sure that this is totally Kim's problem and not theirs.  If I had the time to research it I would, but I bet there's a precedent for this kind of thing.

And I also think that's just another reason (or maybe, to their way of thinking, the most compelling reason) that the decision not to re-sign Kim for next season was made months ago.

• Love 1

This makes total sense. 

Rich people can do anything. If you want to hire a sober companion instead of going to rehab, you can, so long as you pay for it. I've heard of movie studios who hire sober companions for actors who are addicts to shadow/accompany them everywhere during filming.

Re: Brooke - I'm sure she is pissed that this has happened right before her lavish wedding. I know this is mean, but I'll say it anyway - she sounds pretty shallow and materialistic to want two weddings, and now her mother's arrest has cast a shadow over her "perfect" wedding #2. I wonder how the arrest will play out with her kids.

Why is she having 2 weddings?  

I think Brooke is used to dealing with her mother and is not overly bothered Kim's drinking.  She has been drinking most of Brooke's life.  And I bet they have someone in place, to remove her, should she show up drunk or reach that point during the reception.  

• Love 1

Everyone who thought Kim would blame her "relapse" on others and the reunion was correct. It was just reported on TMZ live - Kim's claiming that Lisa Rinna, Lisa V and having to watch all three reunion shows in one sitting put her over the edge! So, so many things wrong w/this, as we all know.

Everyone who thought Kim would blame her "relapse" on others and the reunion was correct. It was just reported on TMZ live - Kim's claiming that Lisa Rinna, Lisa V and having to watch all three reunion shows in one sitting put her over the edge! So, so many things wrong w/this, as we all know.

• Love 2

I think Brooke is used to dealing with her mother and is not overly bothered Kim's drinking.  She has been drinking most of Brooke's life.  And I bet they have someone in place, to remove her, should she show up drunk or reach that point during the reception.

Kim herself said on the show that if her children thought she was drinking again they something awful would happen.  That is why no one was allowed to discuss Kim being stoned/drunk all the time.  So I figure that actually getting arrested for public intoxication qualifies as children knowing she was drunk.  So now something awful will happen.

Plus it's always possible that the court won't let her leave the country.

• Love 2

Why is she having 2 weddings?  

I think Brooke is used to dealing with her mother and is not overly bothered Kim's drinking.  She has been drinking most of Brooke's life.  And I bet they have someone in place, to remove her, should she show up drunk or reach that point during the reception.

They supposedly rushed the first wedding after her father was diagnosed with cancer so that he could walk her down the aisle. But she still wanted to have her "dream wedding."

I have to disagree with you about her mother's drinking not bothering her. She might be used to it, but it's never easy. And this latest episode was so public, so the public humiliation adds a new element.

• Love 10

So Kim doesn't want to go to rehab now because "it's not a good time".  Really? Really?  Show of hands:  Who thinks this is probably the BEST time?  As much disagreement as there's been here re Kim having a disease, being deserving of empathy, etc, I honestly can't imagine anyone not thinking that the very best time for Kim to deal with this issue is right now.  There is never going to be "a good time" for her.  There will always be a reason, there will always be an excuse.   Just like going into therapy with Kyle.  Oh yes, she'll do it.  But not now.  "Not now" for Kim means never, and I don't think she's in any position to be making this decision.  She's clearly dangerous to herself and to others.

It reminds me of a saying I saw recently:  The best time to plant a tree was a year ago.  The second best time is now.

• Love 9

I'm confused about the wedding. We saw her daughter's wedding this season, which daughter is getting married this time? And how is it in any way Kim's decision who comes to the wedding? I doubt she's paying for it.

• Love 1

I'm confused about the wedding. We saw her daughter's wedding this season, which daughter is getting married this time? And how is it in any way Kim's decision who comes to the wedding? I doubt she's paying for it.

This will be Brooke's second wedding.  The first one (that we saw) was put together quickly so that her father (Monty) could walk her down the aisle.  This second wedding is the actual dream wedding that Brooke wanted and was originally planning.

I agree - It shouldn't be Kim's decision.  Brooke is an adult, and apparently has a close relationship with her Aunt Kyle.  So it should be up to the bride and groom.  I think the issue may be, though, that this family knows that if Kim doesn't want something, it's probably easier to let her have her way.   And I think the fact that Kim has even said anything about not wanting Kyle there has to be extremely hurtful.  I'm sure Kyle would not want to be where she wasn't wanted and I'm also sure she wouldn't show up there without Kim's blessing because it could potentially disrupt Brooke's day.

The whole thing is so screwed up.

• Love 1

Even though I agree that alcoholism is a disease it does not excuse bad behaviors. And maybe I lack empathy but if someone had cancer and acted like a dick, I would have no problem calling them a dick and not like them. There is never an excuse for being an asshole.

And let me say that as a minority I am beyond pissed that this chick kicked a cop and was released the next day. Having 3 brothers I worry all the time when they get stopped by a cop that they might run their mouths (as they are prone to do) and something happen to them. The fact that they were taught from a young age to never, ever do anything to anger a cop for their own safety and some drunk chick gets to go right home is bullshit.

The problem with addiction is that while its a disease , it can cause the person to behave in horrible ways which can also hurt and endanger others. Of course, we all know that.

So, its always a fine line and can be hard if not impossible at times to remain involved and sympathetic.  When children are involved I firmly believe their well being should be foremost and everything should be done to protect them.

Also, at some point we might have to turn our backs. Of course we have all seen this on Intervention or in our own lives.     Kim Richards is an especially vile person.    She has also spent most of her life perfecting the effects of her disease such as manipulation, lying and so on.    Her family are obvious enablers and even more, seem to have wanted everything to be hidden, ignored and wished away.

At this point its a no win situation for both Kim and her family. They all need help, but they live lives in a place where fantasy is encouraged and reality does not exist.   I think cover up is their preferred type of treatment.

Kim does not have a chance of ever getting well unless her entire family turns their back on her and she goes for at least a year of live in treatment, followed by at least a year of a sober living facility.

Lastly, I agree with the post I quoted, because I agree she got special treatment once again.     She got special treatment the entire time she filmed.  I was not there, but I knew she was high the entire season.     The crew knew she was high, the crew knew her dog was extremely dangerous. Her fellow cast members all knew.

I believe Bravo doesn't give a shit, they might even be as callous to want another tragedy.  Not one person stepped up to anyone to say  that's it. NO MORE.

Kyle and her I am concerned, oh my she might be drunk routine?     Right, Kyle.......like you don't know.

• Love 3

I suspect Kim will never be sober. There are a lot of people who just can't make it. Very sad.

I agree. I watched the 3rd part of the reunion, but literally had no energy to come comment on it. It seemed obvious to me that Kim was not sober, mostly because of how she stressed that her sobriety wasn't something she had to worry about. Then, of course, there's her behavior. I found it incredibly depressing. Between her and Brandi who I'm convinced hates herself, the show has become 100% pain for ME. I like to laugh and enjoy these broads, not be tortured by whatever this is. I figured soon we'd see her have an incident and I was hoping it would be her rock bottom, but here it is and I don't think it's bottom for her. I'm afraid there will be no bottom and it's just sad. I feel very badly for her children and anyone who loves her.

• Love 9

Kim was at the bar probably bothering the people at the "other table", yet she most likely perceived it as them wanting her to join them.

People at the other table: Kyle, Mauricio, Lisa Rinna, Harry Hamlin.

Yeah, I made it up : )

• Love 6

Brooke's mother-in-law is paying for this second wedding, throwing out all the stops to give her a dream wedding. Maybe that's what did it to Kim....she cannot do this, she saw herself at the reunion and maybe wondered what these people must think of her. I could see something big like that triggering a drinking binge.

• Love 3

What I find amusing, if this is true, is this is just another manipulation tactic by a pro.  All season, Kim saw nothing wrong with having a drunken lush as her BFF and confidant.  Even though no one thought that was a good idea, including her children.  Even though anyone who is honestly trying to recover from addiction would not want to be around someone like Brandi (anyone, in general, really).  Yet, she was Kim's "BFF".  Now, now Kim wants a "sober companion"?  Now that she's been publicly busted and Brandi has probably already changed her phone number?  First she was 100% not struggling in her sobriety and now that we all know it's not true, she's changed tactics and is going to maintain that a "sober companion" will be the fix, not rehab.  It's all about projecting onto other people with her -- how they can be of use to her and how they are to blame when things go wrong.    

• Love 6

Even though anyone who is honestly trying to recover from addiction would not want to be around someone like Brandi (anyone, in general, really).  Yet, she was Kim's "BFF".  Now, now Kim wants a "sober companion"?

Do we think it's a coincidence that Brandi's friend Jennifer makes a living as a sober companion?

But I am not fooled by the fact that she is just going to hire (or Kathy is going to hire) a sober companion.  That will be as successful as her 'life coach' that she referenced in during filming.  

• Love 6

I've actually been wondering about Brooke's second wedding. What if the first, rushed one was mainly to give Kim sympathetic story and Brooke got roped into it with the assurance that she could still have her dream wedding later? I mean, Brooke and her cousins are very close by everyone's account, but Farrah and Paris (and Nicky, too, right?) didn't bother to interrupt their fun in the sun vacay to rush back and support Brooke at this bittersweet moment. On the other hand, all the cousins seem all in on the festivities for the upcoming blowout. Also, wasn't it fairly recently that Monty got the news that his situation has taken a turn towards the inevitable worst? And even so, he seems to be jetting around in style, not bed bound in hospice care.

I don't know, maybe this is misplaced sympathy, but I feel a bit bad for Brooke, especially if what I suspect is true. She'll be in a world of hurt soon enough with her dad dying, and a lot of people are giving her the side eye over the lavish destination business. She can't say jack about it if she wants her second wedding because the first was mainly for Kim, but how much would it suck to give up the wedding you really wanted and had been planning so your mom can get storyline for a freaking reality show? Yeah, yeah, rich people problems....

• Love 5

During the lunch with Brandi and LisaR, when Brandi changed the focus from herself to Kim, Brandi mentioned (hoping I remember, correctly)   " ...and so much more..."  I think about Kim's sobriety/erratic behaviors.  Maybe Brandi had seen Kim drinking.

• Love 3

From radaronline.com

No, No, No! Kim Richards Refusing Rehab After Arrest, Wants Sober Living Companion Instead

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 @ 10:50AM

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Kim Richards still isn’t ready for rehab, despite being arrested for being drunk in public earlier this week after a very public relapse. Instead, RadarOnline.com has learned, she’s telling those in her inner circle that she wants a sober living companion to help her cope with the ongoing stress in her life. ​

With ex-husband, Monty, battling terminal cancer, and one of her adult children recently hospitalized for mental health issues, “Kim knows that she needs help,” a source told Radar. “But she is refusing to go to rehab. She doesn’t want to be away from Monty and with Brooke‘s second wedding coming up, it’s just not a good time. Instead, Kim wants a sober living companion to live with her.”

“Kim seems to think the sober living companion would prevent her from drinking again, but her family thinks it’s a terrible idea,” the source continued. “It’s just a glorified babysitter, and it does not address Kim’s problems.”

“If anybody thinks Kim fell of the wagon for the first time because she watched the RHOBH reunion, well, they need to go buy oceanfront property in Arizona. The drinking had been getting worse over the past few weeks, but to blame it on the show is just Kim’s attempt to deflect responsibility for her addiction.”

bitch, please...this is just SO fucking ridiculous!

SURE she wants a sober companion.....about as 'sober' as bff BG....this sick fuckwit will grasp at any straw to try and make it LOOK LIKE she is 'working' on sobriety while she continues to party, party, party.  There needs to be ZERO kimmie on tv/big screen/radio/ANY media until and unless she gets her shit together in a healthy and socially acceptable manner.

She is a nasty slap in the face to EVERY addict who is earnestly/honestly doing their level best to function in today's society in a sober manner - and that ain't easy! Life doesn't go 'on hold' while a person gets sober/straight - the recovering addict has to contend with BOTH their work toward continued sobriety AND all the crap daily life is dumping on them!

I no longer work in the SA recovery community, but for when I did, I am truly grateful that I let the clients I knew know how much I admired the strength and determination they exhibited (not just lip service, but actual WORK) as they made their way, piece by piece, to a clean and honest life.

That is something kimmie will never know, nor (as far as I can determine by the behavior I have seen) care to. A mind, a body, a soul is both a gift and a horrible thing to waste.

Slow clap to kimmie for shunning every effort to help her help herself...slow clap to kimmie for proving (once again) that she doesn't give two shits about any and all people/family/friends who actually care about her wasted carcass. That must be some TERRIFIC stuff she's shoving down her throat and up her nose!

Single finger salute to kimmie for what she has allowed herself to become.

• Love 12

bitch, please...this is just SO fucking ridiculous!

SURE she wants a sober companion.....about as 'sober' as bff BG....this sick fuckwit will grasp at any straw to try and make it LOOK LIKE she is 'working' on sobriety while she continues to party, party, party.  There needs to be ZERO kimmie on tv/big screen/radio/ANY media until and unless she gets her shit together in a healthy and socially acceptable manner.

She is a nasty slap in the face to EVERY addict who is earnestly/honestly doing their level best to function in today's society in a sober manner - and that ain't easy! Life doesn't go 'on hold' while a person gets sober/straight - the recovering addict has to contend with BOTH their work toward continued sobriety AND all the crap daily life is dumping on them!

I no longer work in the SA recovery community, but for when I did, I am truly grateful that I let the clients I knew know how much I admired the strength and determination they exhibited (not just lip service, but actual WORK) as they made their way, piece by piece, to a clean and honest life.

That is something kimmie will never know, nor (as far as I can determine by the behavior I have seen) care to. A mind, a body, a soul is both a gift and a horrible thing to waste.

Slow clap to kimmie for shunning every effort to help her help herself...slow clap to kimmie for proving (once again) that she doesn't give two shits about any and all people/family/friends who actually care about her wasted carcass. That must be some TERRIFIC stuff she's shoving down her throat and up her nose!

Single finger salute to kimmie for what she has allowed herself to become.

Yes, it pisses me too too, how she expects, no demands, accolades for being 100% sober when she's not and she's even not working on it.  It's hard, hard work, getting off your ass and going to counseling and groups.  I've never been to AA/NA meetings myself but I've been to SA and ED group therapy and everyone there was making some kind of effort to take control of themselves and their lives and it was excruciating at times to be there and to open up and be honest.  Kim really makes a mockery out of substance abuse recovery and it's disgusting.  If she's not sober and doesn't want to be, fine, no one can do anything about that.  But to pretend and be so smug about it, all the while indulging, is just beyond the pale, imo.  

• Love 7