Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Otherkate said:

There's "Omg, Bryn never throws anything away, I have to get this room cleaned." or "Bryn loves skiing!" and then there's "I've had Bryn in therapy for the last year and a half because she isn't dealing with the divorce well." or "Bryn was really upset with what happened with her father at her school so the school has been really great in making sure she has someone to talk to."  If Bethenny were running around doing the second, it might be an issue. I would be shocked to find out they told a mother (or father) that she could not speak about her child at all. 

I would also be shocked to find out that resentment having to do with money isn't playing a factor here, even if he doesn't realize it himself. 

Exactly! This idea that she is never supposed to utter Bryn's name, is ridiculous. We all know what "talking about" means. Mentioning you have to pick up your daughter from school, for instance, is not "talking about" her. What, is she supposed to pretend like she doesn't have a daughter? Ridiculous. She doesn't have Bryn on the show or social media, and she only speaks about her in general terms. 

BTW, what the hell happened to Jason, looks-wise?? He used to be hot. 

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, Jel said:

Let's just assume, for the sake of argument, that that's all true, and Bethenny is working overtime plotting and scheming to make Jason appear dangerous so she can have sole custody of Bryn?  How exactly is she doing that?   What is she doing to get him to behave like that?  

I don't want to put words in your mouth, WireWrap, but it seems like if you take this road, you end up at the intersection of "She drove me to it" and "I couldn't help it". Doesn't Jason have a role at all in how he chooses to react?  Doesn't he actually have the only role in that, as an adult?

Just from my situation .... some times you can get bashed over the head so many times that you act and react different than what you would do in normal life.   You get to the point where you may even question yourself whether or not you really know yourself, see yourself accurately.  I'm not saying that this is what is happening here.  Let's face it.  We don't know the facts.   And, again IMO, that road doesn't necessarily end up to the 'drove me to it' or 'couldn't help it'.  It may end up at the 'I just wanted to say how I see/saw it happening.'

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Ok. But I still don't get where anyone is getting that Beth cannot have her child's name in her mouth. Ever. Cannot say anything about her at all. What she likes. What she hates. Basic parenting stuff. Which is what some are saying she is doing. I know all of the stuff above, because it has been posted many times. I am still waiting for the evidence that Beth talking about Bryn is the violation some are asserting that it is. And if it is, the explanation as to why Jason would just let it go on. 

I don't think anyone has every stated, including the parties, that Bethenny cannot utter anything ever on the show about the child. Ever.

Was it appropriate when Ramona brought up Bryn in conversation? No.  What chapped me the most about the conversation, is Ramona worded the comment with Bryn attends private school, which forced Bethenny to answer, no public school.  That is the kind of stuff one should not talk about or ask about.  Privacy and safety of the child.  I really don't blame Bethenny as she was "ambushed" by the entire conversation.  Also interesting was Bethenny being done with Ramona for bringing her daughter into it.  More discussion about the child. So there is that line being crossed.  You know Ramona claimed it was basic parenting stuff an honest conversation.  Bethenny was angry because she thought it was a conversation they could have had privately.  So Bethenny is essentially taking Jason side on this one.

As easy at it seems to say, Jason let it go on-there seems to be significant evidence that Jason did not want it to go on.  This couple already had their big day in court.  The court's for the old judicial economy reasons want the parties to settle things between themselves after they order an agreement between the parties be reached.  Often times the parties want things to be handled between themselves as opposed to through their attorneys because it is expensive to go back and forth.  Often times by the time the show airs there have been months and weeks that have passed from when the incident happened. 

Usually there is an order that states the parties are not to make disparaging comments about the other in front of the child.  This case is unique because those disparaging comments become very public and are aired.  Here is an example of what I thought violate not just the spirit of the agreement but the letter of the agreement.  .     http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/episode-13/videos/bethenny-feels-alone  I'll call it a spontaneous statement during yet another one of Bethenny's many meltdowns: ". . . imagine if she has to be with them always.  My worst nightmare."  Not nice. Having said that I do think Bethenny was thinking more about her surgery than anything else.  I do not find it reasonable an adult of 45 years old facing a surgery and three day hospital stay has a meltdown over the mention of a living will. 

As to the alleged violations it sounded to me as if Jason wasn't letting it go.  First off this would not be a priority for the court to calendar, and by the time it goes to hearing, the next season could have been filmed.  Add the cost of the action.  These are parties that regularly run up six figure legal bills.  Lastly, the resolve-Bethenny don't talk about the divorce, child custody, make reference to Jason or his family.   It would not warrant a change in custody.

When commenting on the PJ Instagram , Honorable Ellen Gesmer, cautioned about things being published on the internet and never going away.  I believe this is Jason's gripe with the whole kid even being spoken about on the show.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Why?

Exactly!  They had a prenup that outlined exactly who would get what in the event of a divorce.  Unless the prenup says that Hoppy is supposed to receive a $10 million payout then Bethenny is good in this situation. She is following the agreed upon legal document. 

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

So that he doesn't lose custody freedoms.  Because if he keeps this up he'll end up with supervised custody.  Family courts believe, from experience, that if an person abuses their ex that eventually they will abuse the child.  So I think she should just give him money again and again so that he doesn't lose custody.  Hahaha, I can't even type it without laughing.  Because that will never happen.  First, it's extortion.  Second, she is stubborn.  Four years for a divorce?  He's not getting another dime.  Which he really needs right now because every time this court case is delayed it costs him big time. 

And remember she still has legal action against the lawyer that wrote the second trust agreement on the apartment.  (Not the first one that was a corporate trust run by Molly)  The one that was supposed to say if she died that Bryn and her dad could live there.  But it actually said he was equal owner.  The one that she thinks is a different agreement than the one she signed.  The one that the court threw out using the term fraud.  So if she wins that then the attorney can turn around and take that little house in PA that mommy and daddy lives. in.

There was no second trust.  This is proven in the property records for the Tribeca apartment which is public record.  MYC trust bought the apartment.  Molly Hayden is listed as the trustee.  All these documents can be viewed online.  When the apartment was transferred back to Beth last year, Molly signed for MYC.

• Love 4

There was no second trust.  This is proven in the property records for the Tribeca apartment which is public record.  MYC trust bought the apartment.  Molly Hayden is listed as the trustee.  All these documents can be viewed online.  When the apartment was transferred back to Beth last year, Molly signed for MYC.

Yes because the intervening document was labeled a fraud.  So everything reverts back to the original.  But people have wondered if she got all the money from the sale.  So it sounds like from what you found that she did.  Which explains Loppy going for a second mortgage on his condo.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Just out of curiosity again ....

Have there been any articles about Dennis Shields since he and Bethenny broke up?

Bethenny has mentioned him a couple of times as in being not that big a deal relationship wise, still being in each others' lives (Feb. 2017) finally done finished over (May 2017).  The press really never got anything from him. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Yes because the intervening document was labeled a fraud.  So everything reverts back to the original.  But people have wondered if she got all the money from the sale.  So it sounds like from what you found that she did.  Which explains Loppy going for a second mortgage on his condo.

There was only one trust.  When the property was transferred back to Beth, there is a court letter saying that the trust was invalid.  A copy of that is also in the property records.  No intervening document ever existed.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Does this mean Jason finally got a job? 

Professional Plaintive

giggling .... but isn't he the defendant?  

I swear I'm losing it .... it comes from getting bashed over the head too many times.  :D

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Let's just assume, for the sake of argument, that that's all true, and Bethenny is working overtime plotting and scheming to make Jason appear dangerous so she can have sole custody of Bryn?  How exactly is she doing that?   What is she doing to get him to behave like that?  

I don't want to put words in your mouth, WireWrap, but it seems like if you take this road, you end up at the intersection of "She drove me to it" and "I couldn't help it". Doesn't Jason have a role at all in how he chooses to react?  Doesn't he actually have the only role in that, as an adult?

I think Jason was wrong to say anything to Bethenny/Shields at the school, he should have let his lawyer deal with it but I also think Bethenny wound him up in hopes he would go off. What Bethenny did doesn't make what Jason did right, just understandable. Jason needs to let his lawyers handle anything dealing with Bethenny. If Bethenny is playing her games on him, let his lawyer deal with it and pay her the dust she is due, which would drive her nuts. Bethenny wants Bryn to herself, she admitted it, and I have no doubts that is still her target goal and Jason needs to stop giving her the ammo to use against him. That said, Bethenny really needs to take a long hard, clear look at herself and see that she is playing the same games on Jason/Bryn that Bernadette played on Bethenny/her dad. Bethenny is more her mother than she will ever admit to.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Ellee said:

giggling .... but isn't he the defendant?  

I swear I'm losing it .... it comes from getting bashed over the head too many times.  :D

giggling here too....I meant plantiff not plaintive.  DOH!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I think Jason was wrong to say anything to Bethenny/Shields at the school, he should have let his lawyer deal with it but I also think Bethenny wound him up in hopes he would go off. What Bethenny did doesn't make what Jason did right, just understandable. Jason needs to let his lawyers handle anything dealing with Bethenny. If Bethenny is playing her games on him, let his lawyer deal with it and pay her the dust she is due, which would drive her nuts. Bethenny wants Bryn to herself, she admitted it, and I have no doubts that is still her target goal and Jason needs to stop giving her the ammo to use against him. That said, Bethenny really needs to take a long hard, clear look at herself and see that she is playing the same games on Jason/Bryn that Bernadette played on Bethenny/her dad. Bethenny is more her mother than she will ever admit to.

JMO, but I don't think it is unusual or horrifying that Beth would admit to wanting Brynn to herself. She was honest about it, which tends to be what often gets her into trouble. Most people I know who have gone through ugly and contentious divorces have said the same thing. Especially in a situation where financial support is not needed. It doesn't mean that she still feels that way today (didn't she say that a couple of years ago??) or that she would actually want for Brynn to not have contact with Jason at this point. My mom didn't want us to have any contact with our father during the ugly years of their divorce, but when we were old enough to communicate how important the relationship was to us, she did everything she could to make sure he stayed in our lives (even when he didn't give two shits). And she still hated him and badmouthed him every chance she got. It is possible that now that Brynn is older and the relationship with Jason is a very important and constant element in her life, that Beth wouldn't want to take that away from Brynn. 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Following the timeline in this case, Bethenny got the apartment back a year ago. (late June 2016) In an unusual move for most, she went into to photograph video the apartment and instead of just videoing the rooms she had a video of herself in the rooms having a break down.  (Essentially a victory lap.) This follows many snarky interviews and comments about roller skating with her tits hanging out through the apartment.  RHONYC Reunion filmed in mid July 2016.  She waited until October of 2016 to list her apartment, plenty of time for she and Fredrik to make their spin off deal and photograph the apartment which was remarkably unchanged from what we saw on BEA.  On the video which then aired in September of 2016, there are comments about what a mess it is blah, blah, blah.  So once again Bethenny between her radio show and RHONYC is essentially discussing Jason in an unflattering light.  This has to have some effect on a guy who has made it very clear he doesn't want to be part of her circus. It is not as if he is saying she can't talk about RHONYC or Skinnygirl-just not him, the divorce or their daughter.

So apparently the e-mails started in August of 2016 and escalated in October of 2016.  I have no idea if Jason is still even represented by counsel.  It is quite common when a case concludes for an attorney to substitute out.  It is especially common if the client owes the attorney money.  They do not want to keep racking of fees of a client who is still paying off the bill.  This situation strikes me as the type of sitation where one attorney writes a letter to the other attorney and pretty soon there is constant correspondence and a $10,000.00 bill.  I don't know if Jason can afford that type of luxury. Their issues seem pretty simple, Bethenny wants to do what she wants to do and Jason wants to do what he wants to do-which including contacting Bethenny. 

From the timeline it seems the idea to include Dennis Shields in the notification process occurred after Bethenny posted a picture of a huge diamond on her ring finger and the back of Dennis' head,, causing the tabloids to question if she and Dennis were engaged. Dennis, Bethenny and Bryn appeared in the press looking at homes together less than a week later.  Bryn was photographed with the couple.  This is just days after the finale aired where Bethenny called Jason a thief.  Then there was the episode of the Reunion where Bethenny tells Dennis' daughter she loves her.  I hindsight one could perhaps glean there was a fair amount of gas lighting going on with these photo ops and the like.  Another look is that it seemed very clear Bethenny and Dennis were making some sort of commitment to each other that would impact Bryn. 

Sadly the back and forth also leaves out any accounts Bryn might take back and forth between the warring factions.  I am not suggesting the child is grilled  by either party but if you know the child went to grandma's or Disneyworld, as a parent you would probably at the very least ask if they had a good time.  So let's just say Bryn came back after being photographed and relayed her story of looking at the $15-$30 million dollar mansions, mom and Dennis were looking at-it would certainly be worth a listen-even if it is be told by a six year old.

I also tend to believe as part of the custodial agreement there is a clause the parents are suppose to discuss certain situations with each other.  I kind of get why Jason would want a face to face-only because Bethenny talked about team building and at least face to face you know who is included in the conversation.  It is like the life insurance, why wouldn't Bethenny just send Jason a copy even if she didn't want to meet him face to face. She could even seal it and place it in an envelope and leave it with the doorman when Jason drops off the child.  It kind of stretches credulity to assume that is a threat just because a person who kills someone can't collect their life insurance.  Then again I wouldn't start crying and blubbering over a doctor telling me I needed to have a living will just because as an adult and an adult who has a will (as Bethenny does) it is just part of life. 

• Love 6

How exactly is she doing that?   What is she doing to get him to behave like that?  

Poor innocent Jason. No responsibility whatsoever for his actions, it's all evil Bethenny's fault!

Exactly! This idea that she is never supposed to utter Bryn's name, is ridiculous.

Maybe she should pull a Harry Potter and just say "You know who" or "She who will not be named"?

I think what everyone is not focusing in on is that the additional charges are just the DA being pissed off that he wouldn't accept a plea deal. They offered a pretty lenient one as I understand with just anger management bullshit and his record expunged. Jason didn't want that because he wants his day in court because he thinks he is innocent. The DA can't have that. They have to crush him for not taking what they told him to take and liking it. That's how it works in New York.

So Jason was offered a lenient plea deal, turned it down...and now the DA is the problem for pursuing the case? What was the DA supposed to do? "Oh well, he refused the plea bargain, I guess that means we should drop the case and move on".

Move the trial to the Bronx or Staten Island or even Queens.

I don't know that the DA has a Bonner for Jason yet but as a tax payer I am all for a speedy trial or a plea.

enough is enough.

How long are those two morons going to waste the court time????

Why would a move make things better for Jason? If anything, the DAs in the other boroughs might view him as an uppity Manhattenite who rejected a perfectly fair and lenient plea bargain.

Right now, there is only one moron wasting the court's time, and it isn't Bethenny.

• Love 8

It occurs to me that Sonja Morgan had a lot of litigation going on with her ex.  Yet, I couldn't identify him if I saw him in a line up and the same is true of her daughter.  Still, though, she does talk obliquely about her ex, their divorce and her daughter.  She's filmed in her daughter's room, we know her daughter likes to do her homework while Sonja makes her meals in her toaster oven.  I don't really  see how B saying that Brynn doesn't like to throw things out, eats lunch meat or that her divorce was hell is letting anyone in on state secrets or even badmouthing Jason.  He may not like that she says the divorce was hell, or that she had to pay a fortune for all the bills, but, at the same time, it was in the press that she was ordered to pay all of the upkeep on the house. 

I'm also not convinced that he doesn't talk to the press.  How many of those Teresa Guidice stories were out there for years that she denied?  Then later she admitted that she was working with them on it?  He has plenty of resources to get his story out there without it being a directly quoted source, I don't think it's so easy to discount that he is behind at least some of the "a source says" ones.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

But is Beth truly the only victim here?  I do believe she pushed Jason on many levels.  She did and does need to shut up.  If only for the sake of her child.  And that's a big 'only'.

What says that Jason doesn't earn a living on his own?  What says that he doesn't buy a property with money he earns?  The fact is that no one knows what is contained in the divorce settlement or what Jason wanted.  The apartment was a contested issue because of the trust.  There was no fraud.  The trust was determined to be invalid because of signatures being attested by a notary who was not certified in NY.  Beth signed it.  I don't think for a second that Bethenny Frankel would ever put her signature on a document without understanding the document.   Nevermind that her assistant at the time, Molly Hayden, was appointed as trustee for the trust.  So, Molly just signed it without understanding it?  She never discussed it with her boss, Bethenny Frankel?  I truly think that when the divorce happened Beth found a loophole and she went with it.  Yeah, I didn't know what I was signing and then the maybe my signature was forged.  It's game playing by Beth at her best.

I'm using the term victim because according to the criminal charges against Jason, Bethany is the victim .

according to the appeal decision that I posted before, the issue of fraud hasn't been addressed, so to state that there was fraud or there was no fraud is inaccurate.  

We don't know what Bethany signed or didn't sign. We weren't there.

An error in the acknowledgment in the trust is not a loophole. It's an error.   it happens. But in this case there is still an open question of fraud. It'll be awhile before that's determined  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

It's hasn't been labeled as fraudulent. Yet. That's why she's suing the attorney. It was invalidated because of a stupid mother in law who signed it. 

It still very well might be that there was fraud committed. We will see. 

• Love 4

They both need to stop the insanity and let Brynn enjoy her childhood. I don't care how discreet they think they are around her, children know what is going on around them, they might not exactly understand but they know.

When all of the dust settles they will still have to deal with each other on some level for the rest of their lives, not just until Brynn is 18. There's going to be graduations, wedding, the birth of the first grandchild and the grandchildren's birthday parties. Brynn might not want to have two separate events because her parents can't get it together for her sake. And Brynn's future husband might not want any bullshit in his or his children's lives caused by these two idiots.

I hope that Brynn gets to spend time with Jason's parents because grandparents are very important to children (although I think the seeing them every single weekend was over the top on their part).

Brynn might decide at 18 that she's had enough of the both of them and wants nothing to do with either of them and who could blame her. She's a child, not a pawn and needs to not be in a constant tug of war with people who love their egos more than their child's mental well being.

• Love 4

As noted before,  if she never spoke about her she'd be a bad mom.  I think all kids under 18 should be banned from these shows.  But neither of those men cared until they stopped making money.  Also,  if Bethany ever simulates sex with her new husband for the show,  I'll be behind you 100 percent. 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

As noted before,  if she never spoke about her she'd be a bad mom.  I think all kids under 18 should be banned from these shows.  But neither of those men cared until they stopped making money.  Also,  if Bethany ever simulates sex with her new husband for the show,  I'll be behind you 100 percent. 

Bethenny's show was off the air when Jason and Bethenny began divorce proceedings.  Simon was never paid and none of the children are paid.  Not sure Jason was even paid.  So I don't see how having the children on the show would financially benefit either man.  In the case of Tamra Barney it was the youngest child who wanted to be on the show-and she does attend some events she just isn't filmed.  I always assume as the children get older parents are a little nervous about something a child would say.  "Don't be Tardy" has five and three year olds dropping f-bombs on camera. 

Am I the only one wondering what happened in 2016 that would cause Jason to believe that he was going to be edged out of his daughter's life?  I am not talking about some statement made in 2013 about never seeing the daughter again, but something more current that may have been  the basis of these e-mails.  I can't see how losing his rights to the apartment would make him feel insecure about the relationship with his daughter.  It will be interesting to see the witness list if and when this case goes to trial. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I was appalled when Bethenny said on camera that her daughter attends public school,  that's such a public and identifying fact . Easy place to figure out where the poor kid is daily . Safety issue.  She didnt have to respond to Ramonas comment about private school in fact it would've been better if she just didn't respond.  Sonja does it well regarding the veil of secrecy on her daughter.  

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 5

Am I the only one wondering what happened in 2016 that would cause Jason to believe that he was going to be edged out of his daughter's life?

Besides his own crazy train of thought?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Am I the only one wondering what happened in 2016 that would cause Jason to believe that he was going to be edged out of his daughter's life?  

Maybe Bethenny dating and flaunting Dennis Shields all over town and having Brynn around him.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, smores said:

Maybe the divorce being finalized?  

That is what I don't understand-why would that effect custody.  Unless of course he was led to believe  Bethenny might remarry and want to move away. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Wendy said:

If Jason had any shred of evidence that Bethenny violated their divorce and/or custody agreement, you better believe that he would have taken her to court. 

FGS he took her to court after she posted the picture of wearing Bryn pajamas and the judge slapped Bethenny's wrist over that. 

Do you actually imagine that Jason was going to pass the opportunity to stick it up to her had she violated any part of the agreements?  it would NEVER happen. 

Jason is bitter mad not because of Bryn or to protect Bryn, after all, they have shared custody, IMO was he is mad is about Bethenny suing his lawyer friend, I think that the lawyer friend in order to clear his name and avoid more problems will reveal information that Jason doesn't want out there (fraudulent documents????) so the conversation that he wanted to have was about her dropping the lawsuit. Otherwise, Jason could have easily asked his lawyer to pass any message to her lawyers without writing one direct e-mail, without the need of hundreds of emails directly from him. 

Jason was sitting pretty on a 5M NYC apartment with 12K monthly alimony payments, his lawyers had to be paid by her, he wanted more than 10M in settlement and suddenly after the trust was thrown out the window, he had to go back to a one bedroom apartment, lost the alimony money so probably had to stop his luxurious lifestyle.. 

The harassment has nothing to do with Bryn's custody, it has to do with money, just like throughout the divorce, it has never been about Bryn, it has always been about the money. 

Jason drags out a divorce case for 4 years. In May 2016, Jason is ordered to vacate Bethenny’s apartment. In early June 2016, gets the approval for a $705K second mortgage on a property he owns. Getting a mortgage doesn’t happen overnight. At the very least, it took 2 months of paperwork with the loan company. I would not be surprised if he got started the paperwork on the loan when Bethenny's lawyers were going over the trust documentation. I also believe this is what prompted him to suddenly finalize the divorce on July 18, 2016. Bethenny has documentation of the harassing emails beginning August 31,, 2016. About 6 weeks after the divorce is finalized.

He does not and did not want Bethenny and her lawyers to pursue legal action regarding the illegal trust. This is why he wanted to see her in person. I’d be curious to know what company loaned him the $705K and what did Jason use for “collateral” cause if he used Bethenny’s apartment he could get called out on that. The lending facility could ask for their money back in full. The lending facility should also look at all the notarized paperwork to see if Grifter Grammy has been at work again with her stamp.

A cease and desist letter goes to Jason in November. In November an announcement was made that Bethenny was suing Jason’s lawyer buddy for $2M. Jason’s stalking and harassment escalates. His stalking didn’t escalate because of the C&D letter, it escalated because of the lawsuit. That’s why he needed to see her in person.

Whatever the outcome is, Bethenny can then pursue Jason and Carol Hoppy. It’s a felony and grand larceny. Grifter Grandma and Underwearing Grandpa can lose their house in PA, along with the right to see Bryn.

• Love 7
(edited)

Maybe the divorce being finalized?  

Or he wants to bleed that cash cow as dry as he can.

Grifter Grandma and Underwearing Grandpa

Bwah!

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

That is what I don't understand-why would that effect custody.  Unless of course he was led to believe  Bethenny might remarry and want to move away. 

I don't know.  Here's a list of the episodes with the ones that were aired in August, 2016.  Did she say anything in those episodes.  At that point, they were all down in Florida.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Real_Housewives_of_New_York_City_episodes#Season_8_.282016.29

• Love 1
(edited)

Yes, Captain Underpants and his son trotted around in the apartment when Bethenny was still living there AND during a filming segment (not RHONY)

Both are f-ing creepy

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 7

Speaking from life experience, if someone feels wronged enough, they don't actually need a particular catalyst that is related to their outburst.  By that I mean, yes, Jason is saying you won't do to me what your mother did to your father, but, that doesn't mean that there was necessarily something that directly correlated to his statement that caused it.  He could just be unhappy with the way the divorce settlement went, he could be mad that he stepped on a lego that morning and is lashing out.  I mean, we know he wanted to get the apartment, or at least part of the value of it, after all, why else would he not leave it (I know that people say lawyers say not to leave, and that's fine, but that's assuming you WANT it or the value).  He could have said "this is my daughter's home, I'll move out and let her stay here while we sort stuff out" (not saying he had to, just giving it as an option).  He clearly did want or feel he should get something from it.  He did not get any of it in the divorce.  And, he lost the ability to have spousal support, and the support was taken off the top of whatever settlement he did get. That's a blow.  Who knows what other details may have not gone 100% the way he wanted.  

Sometimes people just can't let go of what they feel they are owed, or the way they feel they were wronged, and they want to punish the person they feel is responsible.  I could see Jason doing this after having lost a 4 year fight for the settlement he wanted in the divorce.  It wouldn't necessarily have to be that there was something he was responding poorly to that was done.

• Love 9

Ok thanks, and yuck!!!

I amend my previous statement about Brynn with the grandparents.  No child should ever be subjected to seeing their grandfather in his underwear-creepy.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Ki-in said:

Ok thanks, and yuck!!!

I amend my previous statement about Brynn with the grandparents.  No child should ever be subjected to seeing their grandfather in his underwear-creepy.

They both sauntered up to the trays of food to help themselves IN THEIR UNDERPANTS!!!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Ki-in said:

Ok thanks, and yuck!!!

I don't think Bryn was there.  Grandpa wore boxers.  The only  thing that could make that scene worse black socks with sandals.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, QuinnM said:

So that he doesn't lose custody freedoms.  Because if he keeps this up he'll end up with supervised custody.  Family courts believe, from experience, that if an person abuses their ex that eventually they will abuse the child.  So I think she should just give him money again and again so that he doesn't lose custody.  Hahaha, I can't even type it without laughing.  Because that will never happen.  First, it's extortion.  Second, she is stubborn.  Four years for a divorce?  He's not getting another dime.  Which he really needs right now because every time this court case is delayed it costs him big time. 

And remember she still has legal action against the lawyer that wrote the second trust agreement on the apartment.  (Not the first one that was a corporate trust run by Molly)  The one that was supposed to say if she died that Bryn and her dad could live there.  But it actually said he was equal owner.  The one that she thinks is a different agreement than the one she signed.  The one that the court threw out using the term fraud.  So if she wins that then the attorney can turn around and take that little house in PA that mommy and daddy lives. in.

I am amazed at your memory.

Little house? What do you mean by that?

That little house?

44 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny's show was off the air when Jason and Bethenny began divorce proceedings.  Simon was never paid and none of the children are paid.  Not sure Jason was even paid.  So I don't see how having the children on the show would financially benefit either man.  In the case of Tamra Barney it was the youngest child who wanted to be on the show-and she does attend some events she just isn't filmed.  I always assume as the children get older parents are a little nervous about something a child would say.  "Don't be Tardy" has five and three year olds dropping f-bombs on camera. 

Am I the only one wondering what happened in 2016 that would cause Jason to believe that he was going to be edged out of his daughter's life?  I am not talking about some statement made in 2013 about never seeing the daughter again, but something more current that may have been  the basis of these e-mails.  I can't see how losing his rights to the apartment would make him feel insecure about the relationship with his daughter.  It will be interesting to see the witness list if and when this case goes to trial. 

First the disclaimer:  You all know by now I have no clue ... about anything.  :D :D

Simple answer would be Dennis Shields but nothing with these two is simple.   When B was talking about possibly being open to marriage again.   Possible engagement ring photo and that crap.  (Have to go back and read that post again.)  I think that would have hurt.  Not from the 'letting B go' aspect' but solely my baby girl is going to have a new 'daddy' in her life.   That has to be the hardest aspect.   I know.  Be mature and all that.  But it still has to hurt.  No matter how successful a  front you put on.  It has to hurt. 

Now the witness list. 

1.  The girl here wants to see Julie Plach (sp? and don't know her married name.)  Yeah, I know.  She has nothing to do with this AT ALL but I imagine she has a ton of details to spill.  Some good, some bad but definitely interesting.   hmmm... I think I could probably pick out a handful of posters here ( :D :D :D ) that would be perfect to grill her.

2.  Dennis Shields.  Oh, yeah, mister, don't think you get to run and hide now!   :D  I'd like to hear his 'feelings' then and now.  

3.  Jason!!!!!  I want to hear it.  Hear it all.  Are you the good guy or the bad guy or somewhere in the middle.

I know B is missing from the list.  Not that I don't want to hear what she has to say.  It's just that Jason is the one in the hot seat. 

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

No child should ever be subjected to seeing their grandfather in his underwear-creepy.

Frankel did her best to make it sound like ol' Gramps was wearing a geriatric g-string & freeballin',  but in court she admitted he was wearing boxers and a tank top, which is more covered up than he'd be if he was at the beach with Bryn.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

He comes across as an unhinged bully. Abusive stalkers don't need a reason. 

Jason got paid to be on their show.  Maybe not The Housewives. But you can be damn sure the gold digger got paid for his show. 

Simon clearly got off on the attention of being on the Housewives. Jason, not so on the attention, but yes on the cash. 

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Jason drags out a divorce case for 4 years. In May 2016, Jason is ordered to vacate Bethenny’s apartment. In early June 2016, gets the approval for a $705K second mortgage on a property he owns. Getting a mortgage doesn’t happen overnight. At the very least, it took 2 months of paperwork with the loan company. I would not be surprised if he got started the paperwork on the loan when Bethenny's lawyers were going over the trust documentation. I also believe this is what prompted him to suddenly finalize the divorce on July 18, 2016. Bethenny has documentation of the harassing emails beginning August 31,, 2016. About 6 weeks after the divorce is finalized.

He does not and did not want Bethenny and her lawyers to pursue legal action regarding the illegal trust. This is why he wanted to see her in person. I’d be curious to know what company loaned him the $705K and what did Jason use for “collateral” cause if he used Bethenny’s apartment he could get called out on that. The lending facility could ask for their money back in full. The lending facility should also look at all the notarized paperwork to see if Grifter Grammy has been at work again with her stamp.

A cease and desist letter goes to Jason in November. In November an announcement was made that Bethenny was suing Jason’s lawyer buddy for $2M. Jason’s stalking and harassment escalates. His stalking didn’t escalate because of the C&D letter, it escalated because of the lawsuit. That’s why he needed to see her in person.

Whatever the outcome is, Bethenny can then pursue Jason and Carol Hoppy. It’s a felony and grand larceny. Grifter Grandma and Underwearing Grandpa can lose their house in PA, along with the right to see Bryn.

705k is not a huge amount of money in Jason's case.

lets agree that he is a successful sales rep and in his market,he makes about  300k.

it is well within the underwriting standard.

he has been out of school for a while so he most likely has no student loans.

In addition, he owns an apartment in NYC.

Most likely he has Fico score in the 700/800 range.

it was a totally conforming loan, imo.

and he is a low risk borrower, imo.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, film noire said:

Frankel did her best to make it sound like ol' Gramps was wearing a geriatric g-string & freeballin',  but in court she admitted he was wearing boxers and a tank top, which is more covered up than he'd be if he was at the beach with Bryn.

Oh no, FN, please don't tell me Gramps wears a Speedo or (Speedon't in his case).  :-D

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

He comes across as an unhinged bully. Abusive stalkers don't need a reason. 

Jason got paid to be on their show.  Maybe not The Housewives. But you can be damn sure the gold digger got paid for his show. 

Simon clearly got off on the attention of being on the Housewives. Jason, not so on the attention, but yes on the cash. 

Jason is writing about something.  I am just curious about what happened that would make him think he would have less time with Bryn.

The show was not on when Jason and Bethenny began divorce proceedings so why would that bother him.  Of course Jason should have been paid for his years on the shows. In the case of Simon Barney he got fired from his job at Mercedes and blamed his exposure on the show.  So the exposure didn't work out all that well for him.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

JMO, but I don't think it is unusual or horrifying that Beth would admit to wanting Brynn to herself. She was honest about it, which tends to be what often gets her into trouble. Most people I know who have gone through ugly and contentious divorces have said the same thing. Especially in a situation where financial support is not needed. It doesn't mean that she still feels that way today (didn't she say that a couple of years ago??) or that she would actually want for Brynn to not have contact with Jason at this point. My mom didn't want us to have any contact with our father during the ugly years of their divorce, but when we were old enough to communicate how important the relationship was to us, she did everything she could to make sure he stayed in our lives (even when he didn't give two shits). And she still hated him and badmouthed him every chance she got. It is possible that now that Brynn is older and the relationship with Jason is a very important and constant element in her life, that Beth wouldn't want to take that away from Brynn. 

Your mother was bad mouthing on national TV/radio like Bethenny was, so this situation is far more extreme. As for Bethenny wanting Bryn to herself, I have no doubts that she said something to Jason about it again, which is why he panicked and lost his cool.

2 hours ago, smores said:

It occurs to me that Sonja Morgan had a lot of litigation going on with her ex.  Yet, I couldn't identify him if I saw him in a line up and the same is true of her daughter.  Still, though, she does talk obliquely about her ex, their divorce and her daughter.  She's filmed in her daughter's room, we know her daughter likes to do her homework while Sonja makes her meals in her toaster oven.  I don't really  see how B saying that Brynn doesn't like to throw things out, eats lunch meat or that her divorce was hell is letting anyone in on state secrets or even badmouthing Jason.  He may not like that she says the divorce was hell, or that she had to pay a fortune for all the bills, but, at the same time, it was in the press that she was ordered to pay all of the upkeep on the house. 

I'm also not convinced that he doesn't talk to the press.  How many of those Teresa Guidice stories were out there for years that she denied?  Then later she admitted that she was working with them on it?  He has plenty of resources to get his story out there without it being a directly quoted source, I don't think it's so easy to discount that he is behind at least some of the "a source says" ones.

Sonja's divorce was done before she joined the show and there would be no way her ex could have anticipated her getting on to stop her bad mouthing him. Of course, when they had their last meeting for money Sonja claims he still owes her, he was a no show and only sent his lawyer. He did refuse to sign the release so that their daughter could be on though.

26 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I don't get it (never watched BEA) Did he walk around in just his underwear?

Bethenny made the claim that Jason and his father walked around the apartment in their underwear as if it were some scandalous, threatening thing to do. Turns out they were wearing boxers and T shirts. In other words, Bethenny tried to paint as bad a picture of them as possible and then had to admit to the truth in court, that it wasn't what she as she claimed. The great exaggerator/liar got caught! LOL

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Simon Barney he got fired from his job at Mercedes and blamed his exposure on the show.  So the exposure didn't work out all that well for him.

Was it the show or the fact that he convinced them to hire that brain dead idiot druggie son of Tamra's who wanted a top spot on the showroom floor instead of actually having to work his way up?

• Love 3