Type keyword(s) to search

Extended Sneak Peek!

• Start Topic

Here's your topic to discuss the Extended Sneak Peek. I will close this one out and move discussion to the episode threads once the show actually starts airing. Thanks. 

• Love 1

Not feeling ANY of the new cast members.

Bring back Richie and Kathy.

Were the Walikies fired or did they want off?

Even if producers felt a change was needed this new cast isn't it.

• Love 2

Well, that extended preview looked interesting.  This is probably my least favorite of the franchises just because it's so much family "dirty laundry" being aired, but maybe the cast overhaul will change it up a bit.

Those twins were intriguing.  They came off almost ditzy enough to have warranted their own Bravo weekly 30-minute freak show, "Jersey Devils" or something like that.

Angela (I think that's her name, the breast cancer survivor) looks like she's bringing bags full of drama to the show.

I didn't care for Dina on her first go-round of the show.  Damn, those Laurita genes are strong.  She looks just like Caroline would in a long blond wig.  Or Chris in a long blond wig.  Hopefully she brings that "bitch" factor with her that she keeps boasting she has.

I'll be tuning in, if for no other reason than to see the Teresa and Joe goin' to the pokey footage.  I really wish Bravo would have edited out the kids, though.  I realize that's part of "reality," with the kids having to deal with this but I don't need to see understandably upset and crying children on my Bravo craptastic shows.  

• Love 3

I'm not sure how I feel about the new season.  That one woman looks like she's going to be nothing but trouble; I already don't like her.  I'll have to learn how to keep the twins straight, but I'm glad Dina is back because of the drama she'll bring.  I'm so glad the Manzo family is gone, and definitely won't miss Jacq or Kathy.

As unlikeable as they both can be, I'm glad that Teresa and Melissa are on good terms now because I hate seeing families being fractured.

As unlikeable as they both can be, I'm glad that Teresa and Melissa are on good terms now because I hate seeing families being fractured.

I giggled a tiny bit in the scene where the women were fighting and Melissa and Teresa looked at each other and said, "Aren't you glad that's not us?" or something like that.  Yeah, it was refreshing to see those two being out of the fray for once.  

• Love 2

I have never been a fan of anyone on this franchise so I can see that won't be changing.  The only reason I am sticking around is to see what happens to Juicy & Tre.  I used to be entertained by Milania but as we can see the older she gets the less cute the behavior is.

Not feeling ANY of the new cast members.

Bring back Richie and Kathy.

Were the Walikies fired or did they want off?

Even if producers felt a change was needed this new cast isn't it.

Kathy was demoted to 'friend of' status.  She gets into it later on in the season.  And unfortunately, icky Richie is back as well saying gross stuff.

I have never been a fan of anyone on this franchise so I can see that won't be changing.  The only reason I am sticking around is to see what happens to Juicy & Tre.  I used to be entertained by Milania but as we can see the older she gets the less cute the behavior is.

Milania has always been a grade A brat and this season looks no different.  She's going to get bitch slapped in school if she doesn't get corrected at home.  Blurting out names and curses like Andrew Dice Clay isn't cute on anyone let alone a pre-teen.

Dina talking about her period.  We had enough of that last season on NY with Sonja talking about her heavy flow.  Who thinks this is amusing or film worthy?

The twins are very hard looking.  Are they late 40s?   And one lives with her parents?  WTF?  Maybe she can move in with Caroline.  Dina used to live there too when she got divorced the first time.

Amber looks like she studied previous seasons and came up with her character.  And when people don't let her play her character out, she goes bat shit crazy. 

After this show, there was something on called Women of the Crown (something like that) about pageant women.  Amber and the twins look like those women.  Not a compliment.

Melissa shows of her lightened JLo hair.  Joe Gorga shows off his bald head.  They both show off their garbage truck.  What?

• Love 2

I really hate the Guidices with a passion of a thousand fiery suns so I am not excited to see them boo-hoo their way through this legal drama THAT THEY 100% BROUGHT ON THEMSELVES!!  However, with that said, I am excited that there are other bitches coming on board who aren't at all associated with Teresa and her tabloid drama who may change the direction of this show.  I am recent Jersey transplant and actually recognize some of these women in my new neighbors (not these women specifically but there is definitely a "type" here like them) so I am excited to watch the show and see the drama.  It will be a sociological study for me to understand the new world I've entered!  

And my one housewife claim to fame is having lunch at a nearby town and seeing Caroline and Albert having lunch a few tables over.  She looked very good in person and has great skin!

• Love 2

This show needed a total overhaul so I was glad to see Jacqueline and Caroline gone, but I'm not sure about these new bitches.  I used to like Dina, but what I liked about her was that I thought she was smart enough to leave the show.  Guess I was wrong.  I'm not a Teresa hater but I don't think I can listen to her complain about how unfair it is that they are going to jail.  Either admit you fucked up, or don't comment at all.  Don't insult my intelligence.

• Love 1

It looks like Teresa has aged ten years since the last season. Beneath the ten pounds of makeup, I thought she looked awful. I hope she goes away for a long time.

This is my least favorite of all of the Housewives shows and this preview didn't change my opinion. I didn't like any of the new women. They are all just so loud and screechy, I just can't deal with that shit.

Besides that, a kid crying because she is scared her mom and dad are (rightfully) going to prison is just not entertaining to me. Teresa and Joe should be ashamed of themselves.

I think I may sit this one out.

• Love 2
Amber looks like she studied previous seasons and came up with her character.

I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but this is exactly why she comes across as so annoying.  The whole "I went to Colombia, but she married rich" bit, rubbed me the wrong way, especially as it seems so did she and that she's not actually using the degree she's waving in Melissa's face.  There was also this whole storyline of her not speaking to Melissa in over 7 years, but conveniently when she gets on the show, she wants to reconnect.  Please.

• Love 1
(edited)

Even Teresa seemed completely shocked by some of the things Milania was saying, not like she was just used to whatever coming out of her mouth. I have no problem saying that I think that little girl needs an old fashioned ass whipping. She is too damn grown and too damn mean. Some of the thing she says are shock-funny, on first listen, but then I wonder where that nastiness comes from. I get that Joe isn't too nice, but the other girls don't seem to have picked that up. 

Kathy was demoted to 'friend of' status.  She gets into it later on in the season.  And unfortunately, icky Richie is back as well saying gross stuff.

Milania has always been a grade A brat and this season looks no different.  She's going to get bitch slapped in school if she doesn't get corrected at home.  Blurting out names and curses like Andrew Dice Clay isn't cute on anyone let alone a pre-teen.

Dina talking about her period.  We had enough of that last season on NY with Sonja talking about her heavy flow.  Who thinks this is amusing or film worthy?

The twins are very hard looking.  Are they late 40s?   And one lives with her parents?  WTF?  Maybe she can move in with Caroline.  Dina used to live there too when she got divorced the first time.

(...)

Melissa shows of her lightened JLo hair.  Joe Gorga shows off his bald head.  They both show off their garbage truck.  What?

Richie and his popped collar and man boobs needs to go. Kathy is just not that interesting to warrant having to tolerate him. I totally agree that at some point, Milania is going to run up against the wrong one, and get her feelings hurt because of how they allow her to run her mouth with impunity. This season, we also had Cynthia's period talk wrt fibroids on Atlanta this season. How often she was changing pads/tampons as well. Hey guys, exercise production discretion. As far as staying at Caroline's Home for Spinsters, don't forget the other sister who came with the menagerie. You know, when benevolent Caroline was taking care of the pig and whatnot--Ham Game, anyone? Melissa gets closer to J-Lo every season (except musically). Joe had to come clean-pun intended-after the black goo in the Castle Fight of '13. I think I prefer the hats. He's also just vain enough to tap into the on air hair transplant storyline for himself. (Jon Gosselin-J&K+8, Ayden Huq-Married to Medicine) And how are you "in the garbage business" with one truck? I'm confused. Maybe a small junk removal service like they use on Hoarders?

I'm not a Teresa hater but I don't think I can listen to her complain about how unfair it is that they are going to jail.  Either admit you fucked up, or don't comment at all.  Don't insult my intelligence.

Yeah, I was taken aback. I like the Guidices, they seem like a tight family, no matter their faults, but seeing Teresa say other people go through this was annoying. If she clarified that people who are facing legal troubles don't often have them become public fodder, it would have been better. Even just say, "We are going through a lot of stuff, and having it all over media makes it even more intense to deal with."

It feels make or break with these new characters. As well as Teresa's legal troubles. A cast overhaul is always risky, but this time, there might be too much gone from the original lineup. I never would've expected to be missing Caroline and the Manzos but their absence was felt. Even Richie and Kathy. It might just be end up being all too much fluff, with everyone ending up feeling old and tired, including the show. 

It reminds me of when a sitcom gets rid of main characters and replaces them with a bunch of new actors. I don't know...Designing Women? Golden Palace? Happy Days? I'll watch the start but I can see myself tuning out if these new cast members are just annoying.

Yes, I was just watching some Designing Women episodes with the kid the other day, and was telling her how it fell flat when they brought in Carlene and Allison. The chemistry just wasn't there. With all of Teresa's troubles, having her interact with these new ladies will seem so fake. At least she and Jacq had history and Chris/Joe hung out, as well as the furniture offer, etc. There was some kind of tie to justify her being involved with certain people in spite of her legal issues. I think it will come off as so fake to have her needing to interact/fight/deal with folks with whom there is no reason for her to even speak or that she doesn't even know. 

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 1

I really hate the Guidices with a passion of a thousand fiery suns so I am not excited to see them boo-hoo their way through this legal drama THAT THEY 100% BROUGHT ON THEMSELVES!!  However, with that said, I am excited that there are other bitches coming on board who aren't at all associated with Teresa and her tabloid drama who may change the direction of this show.  I am recent Jersey transplant and actually recognize some of these women in my new neighbors (not these women specifically but there is definitely a "type" here like them) so I am excited to watch the show and see the drama.  It will be a sociological study for me to understand the new world I've entered!  

And my one housewife claim to fame is having lunch at a nearby town and seeing Caroline and Albert having lunch a few tables over.  She looked very good in person and has great skin!

Caroline does shave her face every day so there's that.

• Love 4

Haha, Lola!  I totally forgot about that!

I still get irrationally bummed out about Caroline and Dina not being able to make up.  If there feud is over the Real Housewives show, that's really, really sad.  

And as much as I despised her at the time, it would be funny to bring Danielle back with these bitches.  She might just fit right in!  

• Love 2

I had to skip a couple of yrs because I just couldn't stomach Carolyn, Melissa, and Kathy.  Melissa and Kathy smelled blood and were trying to take Theresa out and Carolyn's smile.... I just couldn't.  After not seeing her for 2 yrs, Melissa is almost unrecognizable!  It's more than the lightened hair, it seems like she's had something done to her eyes,too.  She was just such a sneak when it came  to Theresa and her brother Joe-- acting so innocent around Joe and getting those digs in at Theresa when he couldn't hear, then blaming Theresa when she blew up.  I know someone like that in real life and it's a bad situation to say the least.  Hubby usually sticks with the wife.  Kathy was just a big eyed nothing with a disgusting husband.  Carolyn was waaay past her due date, glad she's gone.

• Love 5

Yes, I was just watching some Designing Women episodes with the kid the other day, and was telling her how it fell flat when they brought in Carlene and Allison. The chemistry just wasn't there. With all of Teresa's troubles, having her interact with these new ladies will seem so fake. At least she and Jacq had history and Chris/Joe hung out, as well as the furniture offer, etc. There was some kind of tie to justify her being involved with certain people in spite of her legal issues. I think it will come off as so fake to have her needing to interact/fight/deal with folks with whom there is no reason for her to even speak or that she doesn't even know. 

This and more of this. The whole cast shake-up just has me all kinds of turned off. I never cared for Jaq one way or the other, but I kind of liked Caroline and Kathy, or at least some of the traits they brought to the show. Teresa and Melissa were so flashy and narcissistic, while Caroline and Kathy were just very different. They had their bad traits as well, but I liked how different they all were. 

For me, the payoff with regard to the Guidice situation would have been seeing the way the other gals reacted to it. They all have such a history together - both on and off the show - that it would have been fascinating to see how the deal played out. Especially with regard to Caroline, since she pretty much predicted this whole deal would go down in a similar fashion way back near the beginning of Season 3, for which she was heavily criticized at the time. I would far rather see the reaction of the other Ho'wives than to see the reaction of the Guidice children. Damn Bravo for trying to manipulate my emotions by making me feel sorry for the kids. 

And yea Teresa - lots of other folks are going through something similar.  They are called criminals and they generally end up in jail, where they belong. 

• Love 2

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get into the new season or not.  I guess its a case of "be careful what you wish for" because I can see me disliking these new women just as much as I disliked the old ones.  I couldn't stand self-righteous Caroline and didn't much care for Jacq and Kathy, although my dislike of Kathy had more to do with her disgusting husband than it did her.

I didn't like Dina before, and I'm sure I won't like her this time.  Some of my dislike is based on her reality show appearance for her wedding.  She was extremely greedy and Tommy clearly was not that into her.  I don't like how the show went with the storyline that Dina left the show to save her family, when it was more likely she left the show when it was discovered she forged Lexie's father's signature.  I am no fan of Caroline's, but she always commented neutrally about the falling out with Dina.  Conversely, Dina's appearance last season was an obvious slap in the face to Caroline, and she looks like she plans to keep that going.

I'm also not crazy about Lexie.  I did feel sorry for her for a while because she was so gawky and mousy in the midst of a family that doesn't value females.  Then she opened her mouth and  made some nasty comments about other females, and I saw that she fit right into the Laurita/Manzo family.

I like the brief moments that Teresa and Melissa get along.  I've always contended that they are the exact same person, which is the cause of most of their clashes.  They're both pretty manipulative, so it should be fun to watch them using each other with mutual benefit.

• Love 3

When I was growing up, my parents wouldn't even let my sister and I say shut up to each other much less say the word butthole. If I had ever told an adult to shut up, my mother would have washed my mouth out with soap followed by a spanking. Discipline your child Theresa! Her behavior is not cute you moron. 

• Love 1

Teresa and Joe should be ashamed of themselves.

Hello everyone--TWOP refugee here.

I think it' obvious that that that simian and her husband are immune to shame.

I had the misfortune to be at an occasion where ALL the Gudices' were present and can tell you that the children are not watched AT ALL, Melania is a rude, out of control little brat and T&J paid absolutely NO attention to how the brats were acting. Tre was too busy being "fabulous" and talking in her annoying "cutsie" voice.

I admit that the ONLY reason I am watching is that their sentencing I coming in another month,

• Love 1

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get into the new season or not.  I guess its a case of "be careful what you wish for" because I can see me disliking these new women just as much as I disliked the old ones.  I couldn't stand self-righteous Caroline and didn't much care for Jacq and Kathy, although my dislike of Kathy had more to do with her disgusting husband than it did her.

Exactly how I feel.

I never liked Dina and can't see that changing now. And compared to these new women, I found myself liking Melissa more, though I've never liked her before. She and Teresa getting along will be a nice change from the previous seasons. Teresa sure looks like she's aged a lot since last season. I wonder if Gia was serious about wanting to be a criminal attorney. Joe's response, "We could sure use one of those right now", was both funny and sad.

• Love 1

I like the brief moments that Teresa and Melissa get along.  I've always contended that they are the exact same person, which is the cause of most of their clashes.  They're both pretty manipulative, so it should be fun to watch them using each other with mutual benefit.

I am right there with you on this. I was always amazed that so many folks could hate Melissa so much, yet love Teresa. To me they are exactly the same person. 

It will be interesting to watch their friendship this season. I always thought that it was amped up for the drama for the most part, and that they really didn't hate each other as much as they portrayed on the show. If they are really close this year, I will know it was all BS.  True, people can put their differences aside, but they acted like they had pretty much been sworn enemies for 10 years, and now they are going to be close? Please. 

• Love 1

I am right there with you on this. I was always amazed that so many folks could hate Melissa so much, yet love Teresa. To me they are exactly the same person. 

It will be interesting to watch their friendship this season. I always thought that it was amped up for the drama for the most part, and that they really didn't hate each other as much as they portrayed on the show. If they are really close this year, I will know it was all BS.  True, people can put their differences aside, but they acted like they had pretty much been sworn enemies for 10 years, and now they are going to be close? Please. 

The are exactly the same person. That is the perfect description. I stopped watching 1/2 way through last season. Could take no more of  those two bitches. Hated Caroliine too, glad  she's gone. Meh on Kathy, hated her husband. I actually didn't mind Dina first time around, so i will probably tune in to see if I can make it through a full season this time.

I made it through Beverly Hills and Atlanta so I will soldier on and see what I can do with this train wreck. Hope the Guidices go to jail.  Sorry for the kids, but that is what happens when mommy and daddy are CRIMINALS.    

Add me to the list to those who don't get it about those who generally love Teresa hate Melissa (and vice versa). To me they're the same annoying person. If there was a Miss Tacky Shallow USA it would be a close contest between the Winner and the First Runner Up.

I think Teresa fans believe that Melissa came on the show to "take down her family" - like Teresa needed any help. I personally think if the stolen Louboutin was on the other foot, Teresa couldn't have run fast enough to join her SIL's "show".

This show will be airing right along the time when the G's will be sentenced.  So, almost everything we see will be so out of date.  Can't tell if that's interesting or not.  The fact is, using myself as a guinea pig, I was avid about NY, NJ, ATL and even DC.  So much so that I watched BH and OC after liking those.  Now, I can hardly gin up enough interest to see them after reading the commentary.  If there are others like me, this stuff may have run its course.

(edited)

well, why in the world am I shocked, yes SHOCKED, that the Neanderthal Tre hasn't put any money away for her children's education??

eta:  The amount of money those two criminals made during the last 5 years would have been an ideal time to   sock away money for their higher education.  Instead, they will have to be content with looking at all their shiny new objects and garish clothes every time they ask "Can I go to college?"

Edited by Patssy Stoned
  • Love 3
(edited)

Patssy - you don't think the Giudice girls will be getting scholarships to the likes of Yale? OK that was a little mean but couldn't help myself. The only ones in this sorry mess I feel any sympathy for are them. College fund? More like therapy fund. Maybe they can get a group discount with the Spelling-McDermott kids.

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 4

I am recent Jersey transplant and actually recognize some of these women in my new neighbors (not these women specifically but there is definitely a "type" here like them) so I am excited to watch the show and see the drama.  It will be a sociological study for me to understand the new world I've entered!

Jersey Girl born and bred here and I can tell you that this is NOT the norm for most women here in the Garden State.

• Love 2

Seeing the new promos and I think the show bosses might have completely cured me of watching (I'll keep my eye on all of you of course).  I simply burn every time I see these creatures simper and pout in all butt hurt glory at the fact that the two criminals got caught and are being held to account for breaking the law.  For criminal behavior.  I'm not sure how far the producers will go with editing either way.  but just seeing thirty seconds of Mrs Giudice prate about how hard and bad it is for her and how it just should go back the way it was.  Where she and her ape of a husband got what they wanted and others paid.  In some cases with their livelihoods as businesses failed to get paid.  The fact that her simpleton of a brother is rallying to her cause is silly and sad because i do think the Giudices would let the Gorgas hang if the shoe was on the other foot. And that one shot of Dina?  Smirking into the camera hoping Teresa comes out okay?  Nope.  Nun-unh.

• Love 4

heebiejeebie, it is so good to see you! I have always loved and agreed with your posts...and this one is no exception. My poor brother has spent the last two years in prison due to what basically was an accident. Teresa's sense of entitlement drives me crazy.

Jersey Girl born and bred here and I can tell you that this is NOT the norm for most women here in the Garden State.

I am a proud resident of New Jersey and these people are an anathema to me.

Although the Cherry Hill Mall on a Friday night has its own issues.....

• Love 4

I just finally got around to watching the preview for the upcoming season. 

First, I just can't with Lexi. Already. She hasn't even really been shown, but no. That stupid duck-facing, peace sign waving pose she's doing in Dina's background is already getting me ten kinds of stabby. 

Tre and Melissa are all BFF now? So either they're the kind of family that really does put aside the BS and come together in a crisis....OR all the drama from the previous seasons was just that. BS. 

At first I thought Amber looked kooky and snarkalicious, but as the preview went on she looked like she just might entirely exhausting. We shall see. 

Not feeling the twins at all (and can we have a rule about no duplicate names on the same show???), and the one's husband - Rino? He seems like a total pig. 

The worst thing about this is going to be the Giudice kids. I just think it was an awful decision to film while they're going through this. Seeing Gia breakdown with her dad like that literally brought tears to me eyes. Those poor kids. 

NOT looking forward to Richie Walkilie rearing his ugly (and I do mean UGLY) head. 

• Love 1
Even worse is that we have to worry about which ugly head............

Amen. 

I imagine if he and George (Aviva's dad from NY) were in the same room together the earth would implode. 

damn may have to wait until next season-can not wait to see Theresa taken off to jail and her husband on a boat and deported. the little girl will have to learn a new language to be rude in.

• Love 2
On 6/13/2014 at 7:21 AM, ghoulina said:

The worst thing about this is going to be the Giudice kids. I just think it was an awful decision to film while they're going through this. Seeing Gia breakdown with her dad like that literally brought tears to me eyes. Those poor kids. 

Watching it a decade later, and I agree. Yes, their parents are responsible for their actions, but it's still heartbreaking to watch for me. Those kids have been through a lot. 

• Useful 1