Type keyword(s) to search

Season 29 Spoilers

MsTree
  • Start Topic

According to Survivor Sucks, two people couldn't compete due to medical reasons and they couldn't get replacements, so there's an uneven man to woman ratio.  Someone posted that someone was medevaced already (if this is true, wonder if it's in relation to the people that had to leave).  Rumor is the Twinnies from TAR are competing.  I really hope not.  I can't stand them.

• Love 1

I'm not as amped as you, pfk505, but I never thought they were that bad. They are loud, though. Personally, I'm just tickled Racers get to play on Survivor, and I hope they're loud enough to make Probst's ears bleed.

Sigh. I'd rather see several other TAR alums. I find the twins grating. Which may mean they last awhile cause I seem to be bad luck in that regard. Sorry folks.

I was merely annoyed by the Twinnies until they stole Team Long Hair Don't Care's money.  That's just low.  After that, I was done with them.

I'm nervous about this season - I'm glad it's all newbies (and apparently Season 30 will be as well), but the Blood vs. Water idea with an all-new cast might be confusing.  At least the last time they did BvW we had returning players to help us keep track.

• Love 2

It's been announced that there won't be Redemption Island after all. Not sure if it's due to the team that couldn't start.

Can I speculate a bit here? Reading that the twinnies are competing, and Jeff saying at the reunion show that we'll be able to tell who the pairs are even thought they are new, is it possible they are teams of twins? Could they find 10 twin pairs to sign up?

Twinnies!  There is a God.. These two are the absolute best, and if we must have reality tv "stars" as cast members, I'm thrilled its them.

No, if there were a god, the TWINNIEEEEEEEEEES would NOT be on this show.  Guess I'll have to sit out next season until I read that these annoying screechers are gone.

• Love 2
(edited)

It took twenty-nine seasons to get Americans of South Asian heritage on this show? I don't know whether to say, "Finally!" or "Pitiful!"

That South Pacific's Whitney and Keith are also racing on TAR25 makes for a most disparate barter.

Edited by Rusun
(edited)

There are two reasons why the Twinnies possibly appearance on next season isn't a bad thing.

There's NO RI so they won't have a chance to cheer each other on by screeching at the top of their lungs.  Also, aren't the couples on different tribes?  If one of the screeching banshees were on my tribe, and she cheered on her sister on the other tribe. I'd do my best to get her voted off at the first TC. 

Edited by Sharon825
  • Love 1

It's been announced that there won't be Redemption Island after all. Not sure if it's due to the team that couldn't start.

Can I speculate a bit here? Reading that the twinnies are competing, and Jeff saying at the reunion show that we'll be able to tell who the pairs are even thought they are new, is it possible they are teams of twins? Could they find 10 twin pairs to sign up?

I'd think having to replace a pair of dropouts would make Redemption Island more likely, not less.

(edited)

Probst said something about them doing something different with the RI arena. It's so weird to me that they built the RI arena and told the press it was back only to then randomly decide to not do RI when they started filming. And what else could they do with the RI arena?

Edited by peachmangosteen

Lantern7, the potential of the twinnies being loud enough to make Probie's ears bleed would be a definite upside to them being there.  :-)

If I got to vote for a TAR team of relatives to be on Survivor, my vote would be for the Cowboys.  Love those guys!

• Love 2

Damnit, the Twinnies is like a deal killer.

I mean I'm all for broad representation of different types of people, but the Twinnies are an example of setting that bar low and casting diverse, without first considering if they're actually likable or interesting.

• Love 4

I'll take the Twinnies over the Country Girls any day of the week, but just barely. Screeching aside, they generally work their asses off in challenges and I can't imagine Dave and Connor bestowing the Quality People Seal of Approval on either twin, so, in that respect it's win, win...I think.

• Love 2
(edited)

The picture in that article is actually the cast of the first Nicaragua season, the one that Jud won. I have no idea why they used that picture in an article about Season 29.

ETA: KnitWit beat me to it.

Edited by Mrs. P.
  • Love 1

What ever happened to the good old days, when every single person on Survivor was unknown to the world of reality tv watchers?

I hate all the show-jumping that goes on these days, it's bad enough with all the Bravo fame-whores jumping from show to show, can't we just watch a bunch of strangers without reality tv experience trying to survive?

And KnitWit, I love your name so much if you were a General Hospital fan I'd be aiming a Bullet of Love in your direction. After putting your name in a tree.*

*Sorry for the off topic GH mention, Sonny made me do it because he ruins everything.

• Love 3

Oh crap TWINNIES?? REALLY? I almost didn't watch last season of TAR because of them. Thank goodness they were eliminated the first night. I might have to skip this round of Survivor if they stick around awhile. Ugh!

• Love 1

The Twinnies are indeed annoying, but it's about damn time we have a South Asian on the show, and I like that they are competitive.

I also think they will be more tolerable in the Survivor environment. The Race is a constant pressure-cooker situation where things need to be done quickly and, often, loudly. With more time to sit back and relax, I could potentially like them.

• Love 2

Wait are the Twinnies actually going to be on the show?  Is that a legit spoiler?  If so I am not sure I will watch, especially if they both make it deep into the game. 

The Twinnies are indeed annoying, but it's about damn time we have a South Asian on the show, and I like that they are competitive.

I also think they will be more tolerable in the Survivor environment. The Race is a constant pressure-cooker situation where things need to be done quickly and, often, loudly. With more time to sit back and relax, I could potentially like them.

Yeah, it's not like there aren't hundreds of millions of other South Asians they could cast! (okay, realistically even if the pool was limited to people who actually applied, there HAS to be better than these two).

I'm supposing if it's true though it's only because of this Blood vs. Water thing, and it's requirement for pairs of people.

• Love 1
(edited)

The latest confirmed pair is possibly the highest profile of the season: former MLB player John "Off His" Rocker with model girlfriend Julie McGee, both living in Atlanta.

It will be the third odd-numbered season in a row to feature an ex-pro-athlete and likely the most controversial yet, given John's choice statements about New York City (to say nothing of his claim that gun control enabled the Holocaust):

"I'd retire first. It's the most hectic, nerve-racking city. Imagine having to take the 7 Train to the ballpark looking like you're riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next to some queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing... The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking English. Asians and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?"

Edited by Rusun
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh my God, is that Rocker quote legit? Like, from 2014? This country, I swear.

I still don't quite know how to react to the return of the Twinnies. They are scrappy as heck, which I appreciate, but their screeching or shrieking or whatever you call it makes Rachel Reilly seem like a deaf-mute in comparison.

Edited by Milk-Eyed Mender
  • Love 1

Oh my God, is that Rocker quote legit? Like, from 2014? This country, I swear.

I still don't quite know how to react to the return of the Twinnies. They are scrappy as heck, which I appreciate, but their screeching or shrieking or whatever you call it makes Rachel Reilly seem like a deaf-mute in comparison.

Not that it makes much of a difference because nobody could defend that quote, but I think he made it in the late 90's-early 00's.  I think I was in college when he made that quote because I remember talking about it and so it had to be right around that time.  I am thinking 1999 for some reason but I do not know for sure. 

• Love 3

An important update regarding the one-and-only Twinnies:

Miss Cleo, the source behind the comprehensive destination/boot-order spoilers for Amazing Race 24: All-Stars 3, confirms that Natalie and Nadiya both made the Jury.

Miss Cleo, the source behind the comprehensive destination/boot-order spoilers for Amazing Race 24: All-Stars 3, confirms that Natalie and Nadiya both made the Jury.

That is just horrible news.  I can't believe I have to sit through an entire season with them being in the mix.

Has there been any news about season thirty yet (Have they even started to tape it yet?)?  I have read that there will be no returning players and it will feature a cast of new players.  I was wondering if that is true or not.

Oy vey!  I am dreading their FTC questions.  Though if they made the jury, that means neither of them won.  I just hope it is early jury for both.

I have watched every season and a contestant or 2 will not stop me.  I am looking forward to this.  The twinnies did not bother me all that much until they stole the money from the Long Hairs.  I agree with the poster above they will be on different teams and a different situation entirely. 

What is in it for production to cast a person like John?  Are they under he impression it draws viewers?  Odd and alarming. 

What is in it for production to cast a person like John?  Are they under he impression it draws viewers?  Odd and alarming. 

Especially seeing that he has not been relevant in the past twelve years or so.

• Love 1

Has there been any news about season thirty yet (Have they even started to tape it yet?)?

Lindsay Ogle (girl with the dreadlocks who made fun of Trish last season) is a hairdresser and she's posted that she's going to be gone for over a month, she's trying to get people to reschedule their appointments. No idea why, she's not saying. Mid Sept to mid October.

Lindsay Ogle (girl with the dreadlocks who made fun of Trish last season) is a hairdresser and she's posted that she's going to be gone for over a month, she's trying to get people to reschedule their appointments. No idea why, she's not saying. Mid Sept to mid October.

Unless this is a quitter-themed season, I'm not sure why she'd brought back. Am I the only one who was thinking this?

• Love 1

Unless this is a quitter-themed season, I'm not sure why she'd brought back. Am I the only one who was thinking this?

Yeah I thought the same thing as well.  We all know how Jeff feels about quitters so I am not sure they would bring her back again.  I mean yeah they brought back Colton but he was a major player on his first season whereas she was more of a blip than anything else.