Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm sitting at my desk listening to Kelly & Ryan interview Jeffrey Tambor...

I came in after the break and they were showing a split screen of Tambor and Vincent Schiavelli and the first thing I said was "Which of them said he was the guy from Ghost?" Hey Seacrest: Google is a wonderful thing. 

• Love 1
On 2017-05-08 at 8:25 PM, ByaNose said:

I hadn't watched the show in a while. I was getting tired of the guest co-host. Anyway, it's the first time I really looked at Kelly and she actually looks like she put weight on. Her face is rounder. Before it was very gaunt. Of course, it might be accentuated but her shorter haircut but she looks a lot better. I've been watching LIVE since Day 1 and have seen it all. Kelly looked great when she first started, then she had the kids & then she got sooooooo skinny that it was almost hard to look at. Now, she looks healthier but still skinny. Is it possible to just gain weight in the face? LOL!!! Whatever she is doing she should keep it up.

Filler.  This is the result of facial fillers, i.e. Restylane.  And the "new" face is usually accompanied by a new haircut so as to confuse/distract people into thinking they look different because of the new hairdo. 

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Filler.  This is the result of facial fillers, i.e. Restylane.  And the "new" face is usually accompanied by a new haircut so as to confuse/distract people into thinking they look different because of the new hairdo. 

Anything is better then the days she was wearing the wife beaters ON THE AIR! I think Regis was even taken aback. LOL!!! She often admits all the stuff she does. She's had her lobes done, eye lashes sewn on & a bad experience with Botox. She's in the biz and has to keep up with the Joneses. I just think it's crazy that she always does I broke a button because I'm gaining weight story when she sits down. That's where she losses me and makes me realize that she has weight issues. Kind of sad. That said, she's frickin rich and probably doesn't care that much what people think about her. LOL!! Next week, it's the start of The Hamptons, um, I mean Long Island summer. Yup! It's good to be a Ripa!!

• Love 6

A few months ago, Kelly mentioned that she had them re-worked so that she could finally have pierced ears.  I don't recall the history, but maybe they were badly pierced in the past or the 80s/90s heavy dangling soap earrings wrecked them?

• Love 1
On 5/22/2017 at 3:36 AM, SanDiegoInExile said:

A few months ago, Kelly mentioned that she had them re-worked so that she could finally have pierced ears.  I don't recall the history, but maybe they were badly pierced in the past or the 80s/90s heavy dangling soap earrings wrecked them?

Bingo.  She said that her lobes were badly torn from all the heavy earrings over the years.  She had them repaired, sewn if you will

I watched  Monday and yesterday, Abigail Breslin sure has grown up! What a contrast between her and her down to earth attitude, and Kelly's fake plastic persona and with her obsession with  botox and everything plastic being down to her face!

Watching Kelly with Ryan is hilarious!  Kelly is trying so so very hard in every way possible.  First of all, she acts like Ryan was her BFF for decades! She went through withdrawal over the weekend? LMAO!    Seriously?  To fake.  Then she gushes over him like crazy, and suddenly she is  trying to act like she is some kind of host and  not giving him a chance to even ask a question in while interviewing.

What's funny is watching Ryan. He is of course doing a little over the top "we are so happy" stuff, but in general, he looks very chill, and he looks like he doesn't really have to try to hard.   

First of all, whatever anyone thinks of him, Ryan is decent host, he can move things along, and he has the interview skills and the persona of a broadcaster. Next to shrill, self- absorbed Kelly, it's obvious he is the professional.   

Sure seems like Ryan is the darling, and Kelly is very insecure and trying way way too hard to keep up.

It's too bad that Kelly acted like a stupid, spoiled brat, and was so nasty to Michael and Disney when she didn't get her way. Otherwise, I have a feeling they might have allowed her have a novice next to her, and allowed her to not be upstaged by the bigger star.  

I have to say, I don't mind Ryan, and it is fun watching  Kelly finally get some consequences for being a such a witch during that whole Michael fiasco.

No matter how much money Kelly has, her giant ego can not handle being upstaged, and it's great entertainment! 

• Love 5

OMG, watching Kelly try so hard is hysterical.  She is so out-classed by Ryan that I almost feel sorry for her.  She is back to her strange nervous tics like opening her mouth wide open endlessly but no one is paying attention to her.   Ryan is a pro and she is unimportant.

• Love 8

So, Ryan is camping (whoever he was with was totally in danger), he/they eat a can of oysters & Ryan dumps the excess oil outside the tent flap.  Anyone here think that's a good idea?  Anyone?  Even if you're not in "bear country"!!!  Maybe Ryan is just TV savvy ....

• Love 2

Looks like Kelly forgot tshe out her fake  love of food act on yesterday when they had chocolate for the cohosts ! She llooked like she was going to freak out! And how many times has she pretend gushed over chocolate in the past ? Now suddenly it makes her teeth hurt? Kind of like how she never in her life had a chicken wing, but there were pictures online of her raring them in the show !  Can she get anymore phony? 

Her reacting to people chewing is another weird thing .  I don't love movie theaters either , but people chewing popcorn does not freak me out !

Kelly seems to finally not be able to control and cover her eating issues, and food no back to her fear her fear of food  For a while  we  saw her pretending to stuff her face , now she's pretending that she just doesn't like food or it hurts her fake teeth .

i wonder how l long she will be able to keep her fake gushing  over Ryan going on, or how long before her insecurity and jealousy will be able to be hidden ! It is fun to watch now , as Ryan is all laid back and secure , and Kelly is acting all fake because she's no longer the one with and advantage . I predict her melting down and showing her real bitch self when Ryan gets more and more jobs and exposure with ABC  

• Love 2

I watched today's show which they taped on Thursday. They do have nice chemistry but it's very boring, too. Gal Gadot was on and she seems very nice. What's themover/under that she becomes a diva and/or nut job? LOL!! Alan Alda seems like the nicest guy. I've been watching him forever and he's never changes. M*A*S*H was a favorite of mine and one of my favorite movies is The Four Seasons. I won't be watching LIVE everyday but I'll tune if there is a good guest on.

• Love 1

Ryan may be a nice guy and very professional but he is not my cup of tea in this show. I dont really watch much anymore but did tune in for Alan Alda. I guess time will tell if ratings improve or something else happens. She doesn't bother me much because it is a silly morning show and I don't have many expectations. Disney, the syndication folks and the sponsors must have been pleased all these years. Enough people watch to make it profitable regardless of her and whoever the host is. Or isn't. Wait and see...

2 hours ago, finnzup said:

Saw an on-line article that the ratings have plummeted for "Live! with RYAN and Kelly."   Ryan and Kelly.....omg, she must be spitting nails, lol.

I am sure Kelly will blame Ryan, but when you look at the ratings , they are no lower now than before Ryan began . The he ratings went up when they first announced a cohost , and then went back down to where they were. 

I still think ABC has a plan to dump Live and use Michael in another way, also Ryan is not leaving    .  I do think Kelly , who they have offered nothing else will go when Live goes . I don't think it will hurt her financially, but her ego will never be able to handle it !

• Love 3

The show is renewed until 2020 and while it airs on many ABC affiliates, and is owned by Disney, it airs on countless other non-ABC channels in large markets like Sacramento, St Louis, Kansas City, Dallas, Denver, and many others.  If ABC wants to expand GMA to Hour Three (they have an audience for Hour Two now?), it will affect plenty of stations, but not all.  

http://kellyandryan.com/show-info/station-finder/

2020 coincides with Kelly being 50 years old and Joaquin being in the last stages of High School.  Milojo Productions hasn't had a hit yet, but running your own production company is a way better job than hosting a chat show.  Once Joaquin is in college, there is nothing to keep the Consuelos in NYC.  It's a lot warmer in LA, or the Caribbean.  And Markie is on location shoots half the year anyway.  Kathie Lee walked away after 14 years of Live.  Kelly will have 20 years under her belt and will be happy to move on, with a few hundred million in the bank.  She saw how they low-balled Regis and knows her day is coming.

• Love 2
On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎26 at 6:06 PM, ByaNose said:

I watched today's show which they taped on Thursday. They do have nice chemistry but it's very boring, too. Gal Gadot was on and she seems very nice. What's themover/under that she becomes a diva and/or nut job? LOL!! Alan Alda seems like the nicest guy. I've been watching him forever and he's never changes. M*A*S*H was a favorite of mine and one of my favorite movies is The Four Seasons. I won't be watching LIVE everyday but I'll tune if there is a good guest on.

I tuned in late. Why were they all standing for Gal Gadot's interview? 

7 hours ago, bannana said:

I tuned in late. Why were they all standing for Gal Gadot's interview? 

If I remember correctly,  she injured her back and sitting was uncomfortable.

• Love 2

Watching this Memorial Day and what color is Kelly's hair?  There are at least three shades beginning with a purple/platinum in the middle and orange on the top with the little strip of gray at her part. 

Regarding Kelly leaving after her last is out of school, she's been saying for years that she'd like nothing more than to retire and be a SAHM............uh, that was about 15 years ago and she hasn't gone anywhere.  I don't think Kellmee will be happy if she's not in the spotlight, way too much of an 'all about me' gal.

• Love 6

Variety reports that Ryan is dragging his feet on American Idol, turns down 10M after finding out that Katy Perry is getting 25M

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/american-idol-ryan-seacrest-1202447024/

Nor have producers and the network been able to seal a deal with Ryan Seacrest to return as host. Seacrest had been in talks to rejoin the series — which he appeared on for all of its 15 seasons on Fox — since before ABC even made the revival official. But ongoing talks have failed to produce a deal. 

I wonder when we learn that Kelly fave fave fave musical performer is Katy Perry.  I used to think Ryan @ Idol was a slam dunk.  Now I actually think it's less than 50-50.  I never watched Idol, but it seems they could find a serviceable host for way less than $10M, especially if Katy Perry is eating up 65% of the "talent" budget. (Paging Brian Dunkleman?)

brian-dunkleman-ryan-seacrest-zoom-46e62

Kelly said she was in Long Island over the Memorial Day Weekend. Then she tells Ryan & the audience that Gelman was in The Hampton's. It's funny how Kelly wants to be poor and relatable to the audience but Gelman can be perceived as the rich person. I really do believe that Kelly believes she's just like us. Pleaseeeeeee!!!!!

• Love 3

As a former regular viewer I tuned in yesterday since my Mom is with me and she used to be a big fan of Regis and Kathy Lee. (I once really liked Kelly and my DH and I were in the audience twice when Regis was still on the show. She was really nice and accommodating during breaks as well as after the taping. DH liked her as well and the second time sent a note with a picture I had taken of him and Kelly asking for her autograph. He received a signed 8 x 12 glossy.)

I never really liked Ryan Seacrest but when I DVRed it yesterday  I saw Ryan helping her into her chair and proprietarily patting her on the butt or chair area very near her butt. I rewatched a few times. Did any one else see this or notice similar behavior on his part?

• Love 1

I'm going to say something positive about Friday's show - I enjoyed it. I remembered that they do a grilling segment on Fridays during the summer, so I checked it out - I really liked that segment with George Zakarian. I was inspired to jazz up the turkey burger I made later that night. Host chat was not obnoxious. Kelly spoke about Michael turning 20, and the things he loves to do, career-wise. I know he got a tremendous leg up with his parents, but I like how naturally Kelly spoke when she was talking about him at length. Ryan IS rather pleasant. The part with Cat Deeley was also okay. I used to watch SYTYCD back in the early seasons, so it was nice to see her again and get some idea about her upbringing, if it was a tad on the boring side. It was a bit amusing that Kelly thought Cat's accent was "posh" - and Cat briefly spoke in her original accent. Also nice to see Ryan and Cat chat a bit - they admire each other and it shows. Kelly stepped on one of Cat's stories, but Cat was finally allowed to finish - her interview did not feel rushed.

In all, a pleasant and nicely paced show. Not too rushed. Not obvious it was pre-recorded (none of the awful choppy editing that sometimes happens).

Kelly is still my least favorite part of the show, but she didn't suck.

• Love 2

Trudeau did a good job being his charming self. He is notorious for peppering his talk with "uh" when it's off the cuff, but I didn't hear any this time. I gotta say, the Canadian flag is the best looking one in the world. 

Tatiana Maslany is amazing, looking forward to the final season of Orphan Black. 

It was great to see Ryan experiencing all the different ways to see the Falls, and trying not to get wet. Heh, it's a waterfall. Too bad it wasn't warmer today, but when the sunshine is bright, it makes the outdoor show more difficult because everyone has to squint. Good thing the fog lifted, the Falls are beautiful.

• Love 6

I thought Kelly looked fabulous today.  Maybe the natural lighting really flatters her?  I also liked that they showed photos/videos from the previous visits the show has made to Niagara Falls.  Ryan seems to be a good sport.

• Love 5

Both Kelly & Ryan looked awesome today. I don't know if it was the natural light or the neutral tones they were wearing but they looked amazing. I'm still trying to figure out Kelly's dress collar. It looked like something but then again it didn't. Either way, I'm sure it cost a bundle. LOL!!!!

• Love 3
(edited)

I really enjoyed todays episode from Niagara Falls. 

Ryan doing the Niagara Falls tours was great.

LOL at Ryan going by her place to grab her jeans & retainer.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Shermie said:

Trudeau did a good job being his charming self. He is notorious for peppering his talk with "uh" when it's off the cuff, but I didn't hear any this time. I gotta say, the Canadian flag is the best looking one in the world. 

Never met a Canadian I didn't like. I think they're just like Americans, only better, and we couldn't ask for a better neighbor. And I gotta say, the Canadian national anthem is the best! I'm always stoked when Canada wins a Gold during the Olympics (for anything) because then I get to hear "O Canada."

• Love 6

I was watching Kelly with her son, Michael, celebrating his birthday.  One thing I noticed that I thought unusual for a twenty-year-old ... he THANKED everyone who helped & served him.  I know this doesn't happen without a Mom saying "what do you say" a million times, so good on her!

• Love 4

One thing about Trudeau's appearance yesterday. When asked if any of kids might follow him into politics, he commented that it would be nice if it was his daughter, since Canada is long overdue for a woman Prime Minister. (paraphrased) Except that Canada had a female PM in 1993, Kim Campbell. She want elected, but she was PM and she was a woman. I was surprised he seemed to forget that.

I enjoy the Live road trips, and I'm surprised they don't do more in America, going to interesting places in their own country.

2 hours ago, Shermie said:

One thing about Trudeau's appearance yesterday. When asked if any of kids might follow him into politics, he commented that it would be nice if it was his daughter, since Canada is long overdue for a woman Prime Minister. (paraphrased) Except that Canada had a female PM in 1993, Kim Campbell. She want elected, but she was PM and she was a woman. I was surprised he seemed to forget that.

I enjoy the Live road trips, and I'm surprised they don't do more in America, going to interesting places in their own country.

I thought the same thing, though, IIRC, he didn't say "first" female PM, just that we are long overdue for a woman in that position.  So I thought that was okay, and it was kind of sweet and amusing as he mentioned his daughter.  It did get picked up by media though as suggesting he forgot about Kim Campbell, which I am certain he did not.

I was more disappointed in my beloved Tatiana Maslany, when asked what is Saskatchewan known for, and she replied, the bitter cold.  Such a wasted opportunity.  Tourism Saskatchewan people must be so disappointed and hopefully they spend some time with her so that she answers something different like:  the beautiful rolling prairies, Watrous, the underground Al Capone tunnels in Moose Jaw, the warm and funny people.....and so much more.  A few words from a celebrity about their home can have a huge economic impact.  I actually credit Kelly, because any time someone mentions Banff, she just raves about it.  You cannot buy that kind of promotion.

• Love 2
(edited)

One million dollars spent by the Falls...

Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest hosted the New York-based show from Oakes Garden Theatre in Niagara Falls — live at 9 a.m. Monday shown on ABC and CTV, before taping an episode that aired Tuesday at 9 a.m.  It cost about $1 million to bring the show to the city, which was paid for by the tourism industry.

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2017/06/06/businesses-hope-for-kelly-and-ryan-bump

Michael Gelman, executive producer of Live with Kelly and Ryan, said about 3,000 people attended the live show, while another 3,000 attended the taping of the second show.

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2017/06/05/kelly-and-ryan-give-a-shout-out-to-canada

The pre-hype:

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2017/06/04/city-ready-for-kelly-and-ryan

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 1
(edited)

I've never been to Niagra Falls but after watching the show it makes you want to go there. The backdrop was beautiful. They did a great job showing it off. It's too bad the weather was perfect on Monday but later in the day for the taped show it looked like it cleared up. That said, Ryan's constant folding of his arms and leaning into Kelly is annoying me. Can't he just sit up straight?

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

is One million dollars spent by the Falls...

Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest hosted the New York-based show from Oakes Garden Theatre in Niagara Falls — live at 9 a.m. Monday shown on ABC and CTV, before taping an episode that aired Tuesday at 9 a.m.  It cost about $1 million to bring the show to the city, which was paid for by the tourism industry.

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2017/06/06/businesses-hope-for-kelly-and-ryan-bump

Michael Gelman, executive producer of Live with Kelly and Ryan, said about 3,000 people attended the live show, while another 3,000 attended the taping of the second show.

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2017/06/05/kelly-and-ryan-give-a-shout-out-to-canada

The pre-hype:

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2017/06/04/city-ready-for-kelly-and-ryan

Yes, this promotion was well worth it, and Niagara Falls couldn't purchase this type of advertising. 

Edited by bannana

I've never been to Niagra Falls but after watching the show it makes you want to go there. The backdrop was beautiful. They did a great job showing it off.

Byanose, not sure where you're from, but make sure you go to the Canadian side. Way better views and lots more to do.

I agree that Tatiana's comments about Saskatchewan were disappointing. Can we just get beyond the "it's cold" when talking about Canada? Yes, it's cold, but it's hot too. Obviously we get summer since we grow crops here. 

And yes, ice wine. A very particular and expensive delicacy that can only be made where grapes will grow, but will freeze on the vine. Delicious!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Shermie said:

Byanose, not sure where you're from, but make sure you go to the Canadian side. Way better views and lots more to do.

Way better views by far!  Not to mention that Niagara Falls NY and Niagara Falls ON are two totally different towns.

• Love 1

Who is doing kelly's hair and makeup now?   She always had such a nice tint to her hair, and   her makeup accentuated her features nicely. Even though she is skeletal, she still looked pretty in her face and had nice hair. Now it looks like they are making her hair white, and also her make-up looks weird, not natural.   I don't know if it's because she's getting to much done to her face, but she's looking rough.

I think Ryan is the new darling of ABC for sure. He even hosted the Manchester concert on ABC's other network where it was played live, and also on the highlights show on ABC at night.

It's also interesting how pre-production pictures of the Niagara Falls show where they were setting up had Ryan with all of the producers .   He also was involved in meetings with the producers.  Kelly's pictures were of her getting hair and make-up!   She was no where to be seen with the producers.  Then again, this isn't odd, she never seems to prepare except for botox, hair and clothing.    It sure is obvious that Ryan is not only her equal,  but maybe more.   I think Kelly screwed herself big time with her antics.   I do think she likes Ryan, but I think she is forcing the fawning thing too much.  I wonder how long she will be able to  keep up this little show.

Niagara Falls is so pretty. The segments with Michael were nice. I also liked Ryan's segments, he is funny and natural.  Kelly was good this week when she just lets go of the fake act.  She is was actually natural and tolerable, except for the excessive  Ryan fawning!

I wondered where Mark was this week end.   It looks like he's still in New Mexico. Is he filming something?   looked like he was also in colorado last weekend.

• Love 3
(edited)
20 minutes ago, goldenpuppy said:

Who is doing kelly's hair and makeup now?   She always had such a nice tint to her hair, and   her makeup accentuated her features nicely. Even though she is skeletal, she still looked pretty in her face and had nice hair. Now it looks like they are making her hair white, and also her make-up looks weird, not natural.   I don't know if it's because she's getting to much done to her face, but she's looking rough.

I think Ryan is the new darling of ABC for sure. He even hosted the Manchester concert on ABC's other network where it was played live, and also on the highlights show on ABC at night.

It's also interesting how pre-production pictures of the Niagara Falls show where they were setting up had Ryan with all of the producers .   He also was involved in meetings with the producers.  Kelly's pictures were of her getting hair and make-up!   She was no where to be seen with the producers.  Then again, this isn't odd, she never seems to prepare except for botox, hair and clothing.    It sure is obvious that Ryan is not only her equal,  but maybe more.   I think Kelly screwed herself big time with her antics.   I do think she likes Ryan, but I think she is forcing the fawning thing too much.  I wonder how long she will be able to  keep up this little show.

Niagara Falls is so pretty. The segments with Michael were nice. I also liked Ryan's segments, he is funny and natural.  Kelly was good this week when she just lets go of the fake act.  She is was actually natural and tolerable, except for the excessive  Ryan fawning!

I wondered where Mark was this week end.   It looks like he's still in New Mexico. Is he filming something?   looked like he was also in colorado last weekend.

Mark Consuelos Joins Season 2 of 'Riverdale' as Veronica's Father. He was working in LA all last year for the baseball show Pitch that was on Fox that was just cancelled.

Edited by ByaNose

As we were just discussing yesterday, Kelly again did a major promo of Banff and the Canadian Rockies.  I recognized Banff in the caller's photo.  That shot is actually at the Banff Springs Hotel and the view is of the Bow Valley.  Ryan asked the caller where it was and she said Banff, and that she and her husband went there for their 35th Anniversary after seeing Banff on Live!  Great publicity!

• Love 3