Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

I really don't get all the "out maneuver Kelly" posts.  It's been pretty clear for awhile that she doesn't intend to host this show once she hits 50 and the kids are in college.  She and Mark have made zillions and she knows that she will be "Regis-ed" during the next contract negotiations, She saw that they low-balled him and expects the same.  Maybe she will be happy with a few million a year instead of 20M and decide to stick around, but why not spend your time on vacation, instaGram-ing, and dabbling in a few Milojo productions once there is no need to live in NYC.

I like Ryan, but he is not a NYC type.  A few radio insider message boards have pointed out that he has only been doing a "live" radio show for one day a week for the past decade.  Apparently, he pretapes and voicetracks the entire week on Mondays.  His production staff work all week, but just drop in his interviews and chit-chats.

I think 'Live' is renewed until September 2020 (when Kelly's contract ends?).  They seem to have decent chemistry, though Ryan is still a workaholic while Kelly doesn't seem all that motivated.  If anything, she will learn first-hand from Ryan how to exec-produce marketable and successful programs instead of such winners as :Fire Island: or :Secret Guide to Fabulous:

I still think they make a nice team, comfortable.. I was never a huge fan of Michaels , something about him really bugged me,

Brilliant move by ABC/Disney!   They gave Kelly consequences for her obnoxious behavior last year, but also hired someone that is popular and competent.   They got control of the show,  matched  Kelly who has a history of being unprofessional, and holding grudges against her cohosts, with a new cohost who can take over if she pulls her public antics again.

Oh Kelly seems like she's having a hard time controlling her little ego, and it's getting obvious that she doesn't  like being with someone who actually can interview, is more experienced, and also has as much, or should I say more clout that she does.  It's actually kind of fun to watch after seeing her get away with being a spoiled nasty brat,  walking out, dissing her employer  and on the air antics with Michael.  She had a year of co-hosts who were like lap dogs, complimenting her, kissing up to her, and deferring to her, since she was the one with experience.

After a year of the narcissistic hour, with Kelly interrupting everyone to talk about herself, and apparently wanting to hold off hiring a co-host so she could be in control and the star, now she has someone who not only her match, he is definitely not going to be steamrolled and insulted like Michael or Regis.

Kelly's insecurity during her interviews is annoying. She has to interrupt and get her questions in, and make it about her needs. She is pathetic as an interviewer.  Ryan on the other hand has a very laid back nature, and it's hilarious to watch Kelly trying to compete.

Yesterday was interesting during yoga.   First Ryan said,  "I've never felt so tall".  Kelly seemed irritated with that and said something, but did not like the joke. Then when he was on the "bottom", and of course,  Kelly was trying to make it sexual, with her usual 12 year old humor, Ryan said,   "I'll be on bottom now but it's early in the year", or something like that - and Kelly gave him a look!  It was priceless!   

I am glad that she finally has someone on equal or higher footing with the network.  Regis was older, and she made fun of him in the end and rolled her eyes and was a witch to him, and still doesn't talk to him.   And she also made Michael and Disney look like mean and sexist, and thought she would get no consequences for vilifying them.   So, now this is fun to watch!

I wonder how long Kelly will stay, after all, during her public babbling session, she wanted her audience to believe that she was so so worried about the staff, and respect in the workplace!    Yes,  she is so worried about respect in the workplace that she insulted Michael about his personal life on the air, even though she pretended to be so sad he was leaving.    Oh it will be fun to see what Ryan does if little miss thing decides to do her passive aggressive crap to him! 

• Love 12

This is back on my DRV!  Ryan just may take over this show in time.  He could even do it without a partner.  I sense this is morphing into something better before my very eyes!  

• Love 2

"Live" has definitely come back to life & I'm REALLY going to enjoy seeing Kelly realize she's just a silly little bitch playing with the big dawgs!!  You know what happens then ... little bitches get royally screwed!!!

• Love 5

So because Kelly had to ask her question, she stepped all over Richard Gere.  I loved when he told her not to point her finger at him, and then she did it again and caught herself. 

Speaking of Gere, his entrance this morning was fantastic.  It was if he was about to enter a firing squad because he seemed REALLY taken aback that the audience was in touching distance from him and he just...stood there for a minute before he was finally cajoled into his seat.  And even then it seemed Gelman and a few crew members were RIGHTTHERE trying to move the interview along but at the same time thinking "WTF?!"

I don't hate Ryan because I can safely say I grew up with him (I remember hosting American Gladiators Junior even before Idol so it makes it close to 20 years.  Damn I'm old.) I do despise him for making a Kardashian a thing and sometimes his red carpet stuff is hit or miss (though it's fun to watch some celebs look at him like he has 3 heads when he asks a dumb question.)  BUT he has a lot of contacts in all aspects of the industry, and with him there it's more likely they can land a celeb the show has not been able to get for a while due to his co host. And as stated before, with Megyn Kelly coming in a few months, I can see Disney/ABC giving him everything he wanted and then some just to land him.  He's not the ideal host I would watch.  But he is the top candidate from a ratings standpoint.  I don't think even her BFF Anderson Cooper could match what Seacrest can bring to the table. 

• Love 3

Ryan is respected due to his accomplishments in radio alone.   Kelly was a total ditz with Richard Gere.  Ryan wasn't much better though I praise the choice of bringing him on.   The dog bit was stupid.  

I know she is loopy but it was extreme this morning.  Gere had NO idea what he was going to experience.  Kelly was being way too familiar.  Even I know he is a reserved Buddhist.  Not all are in that religion are like this but he is.  Do your research.  

• Love 5

I think Shully was hired to hold up the date back in the 1980s (?). Most TV shows have production staff flashing notes to the hosts.  It's almost comical.

KLG and Hoda use prompters. Live uses cue cards.  Network vs Syndication.  BigBucks vs Penny Pinching.

I have taped/watched the KLG/Hoday Host Chat nearly every day for the better part of 7 years now.  There's barely a week that goes by when one doesn't ask the other to recite their lines or ask the prompter to "roll back" so they can get the specific details. Nothing wrong with it, it's live TV. And none are as bad at it as Miss Whoopi, who has both blue cards and a prompter. Probably doesnt help to have horrific eyesight and dyslexia, though.

• Love 4
(edited)

They have Elizabeth Moss & Kelly babbles about her visit to Club 33 at Disney for the whole segment & then gives Elizabeth a cap & trinkets from Club 33.  WTH???

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

They have Elizabeth Moss & Kelly babbles about her visit to Club 33 at Disney for the whole segment & then gives Elizabeth a cap & trinkets from Club 33.  WTH???

Yes, she could have just said, I got to go to Club 33 and I brought you this gift.  We and Moss all thought Kelly was going to get her access with the big set up.  Then in the next segment, Kelly goes on and on about watching the Handmaid's Tale.  And Mad Men.  Kelly, I skip host chat so I don't have to listen to you stammer out a truly dull story.  Don't take time away from the guest.

• Love 1

I thought y'all might get a chuckle out of the following, copied from an email from The Washington Post on what's coming in our Sunday paper.

Arts & Style

Appreciating Kelly: To understand Kelly Ripa’s enduring career, you must appreciate the craft of talking — effortlessly, entertainingly, without a script, on live television, every day of your life.

Hah!

• Love 1

I haven't watched in well over a year but tuned in this morning. Kelly brought up her "favorite article this week," which revealed that female dragonflies will feign death to avoid mating. Evidently they have been known to drop to the ground during flight and lay there motionless to deter a suitor. "I've done that, I have done that. OK, not death, but illness. And sleep." Wow, that is incredibly funny, and original. "Dragonflies mate while flying - we've all seen that, right? Two dragonflies, together, in the air?" Not to be outdone, Ryan brought up the visual of aircraft refueling in the air. "You know, the long hose, and the opening is waiting." Kelly liked that. "Yeah, yeah," with a big grin. So I definitely will be watching again, in about a year.

• Love 6

OMG........really, Washing Post.  I guess I was watching a different show or obviously appreciate a different craft of talking.  I will be the first to admit Kelly's strengths, but they don't include effortlessly, entertaingly, without a script, on live television, every day of your life.   It is frightening that our society admires people that offer little value, but for doctors/nurses/teachers and others that are truly doing life-saving work not only get no credit but are paid and valued at a minuscule of what people that offer little value.  Entertainment value is wonderful but not on the same scale as someone that just saved your loved one.  

• Love 6

Well Michael Strahan had his other gigs and was flying back and forth every week during football season.

Re being "spontaneous" I watch Kathie Lee and Hoda too, and that show is all about the prompters. They have a few minutes of candid conversation and then they start reading. Some of them and other cohosts are better about  making it look effortless.  But, I can tell when that veteran Kathie Lee starts reading.  I wouldn't hold that against anyone.  Other things probably.  that, no.

• Love 1

The deal with ABC for Idol is done now.

'American Idol' Goes to ABC with Ryan Seacrest the Likely Host

"American Idol" will go to ABC, because TMZ has learned the deal is now closed.

TMZ broke the story ... ABC made the offer nearly 2 weeks ago, and the networks's plan is to officially announce it at the Upfronts in a week.
As we reported, FOX came on strong with an offer at the last minute, but the ABC deal was sealed Friday night.

Sources involved in the deal tell us ... the co-owners of the show, Fremantle and Core, along with ABC, want Ryan Seacrest to host the show. As we reported, the show will be filmed in Hollywood and Ryan would have to make 2 round trip coast-to-coast flights in as many days to shoot the show each week.

Suddenly there are all of these nice articles and interviews with Kelly. Looks like her management is making sure she is looking like the nice , sweet little host as Ryan comes on board, and just keep her in the news .

Looks like Live  was just part of a package for Ryan and they really do not care if Kelly leaves or not, or if the show goes awa. Or maybe the rumors are true and they will just expand GMA and dump Live, along with Kelly. Seems like Ryan is the one they really want . 

I wonder how Kelly is feeling about being with someone on equal footing as a cohost , and also being offered other things with ABC .

i doubt she'll be carrying books to put down ABC and having tantrums, or skipping work anytime soon. She has to know they don't need her as much as they did a year ago- unless she's stupid .

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/5/2017 at 4:03 PM, chessiegal said:

I thought y'all might get a chuckle out of the following, copied from an email from The Washington Post on what's coming in our Sunday paper.  Hah!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/kelly-ripa-has-made-a-career-of-being-herself-where-does-she-go-from-here/2017/05/03/5de1a5e2-2abb-11e7-b605-33413c691853_story.html?utm_term=.d396e85c6b4f

"Lately, she thinks the “ultimate” dream would be to work behind the camera, writing scripted shows."

She's ready to be "Regis-ed" during next contract negotiations....in 2020.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile

Wow, what an article...........almost a novella about the brilliant Kellmee!  What?!?  Talk about the proverbial 'hey, look at me!'  The potted plant has seen the writing on the wall, lol.

Two things struck me, Regis refused comment and 'they' knew Seacrest was right for the job when Kellmee blew the cues and Ryan had to be the professional and cue to commercial.

She's toast! 

On 5/5/2017 at 8:15 PM, suomi said:

I haven't watched in well over a year but tuned in this morning. Kelly brought up her "favorite article this week," which revealed that female dragonflies will feign death to avoid mating. Evidently they have been known to drop to the ground during flight and lay there motionless to deter a suitor. "I've done that, I have done that. OK, not death, but illness. And sleep." Wow, that is incredibly funny, and original. "Dragonflies mate while flying - we've all seen that, right? Two dragonflies, together, in the air?" Not to be outdone, Ryan brought up the visual of aircraft refueling in the air. "You know, the long hose, and the opening is waiting." Kelly liked that. "Yeah, yeah," with a big grin. So I definitely will be watching again, in about a year.

Yeah, looks like they are amping up the embarrassing, adolescent, sex talk and innuendos for sweeps!  It's just pathetic to watch. 

I'll take Today any day over disjointed, childish host chat, with fake Kelly. 

• Love 4

I'm REALLY going to enjoy seeing Kelly realize she's just a silly little bitch playing with the big dawgs!!  You know what happens then ... little bitches get royally screwed!!!

I've read a lot of nasty things about Kelly in this forum, but this is probably one of the most horrible things someone has posted.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Shermie said:

I've read a lot of nasty things about Kelly in this forum, but this is probably one of the most horrible things someone has posted.

I like who I like. Don't let it bother you. She's in shape, she's in good health. Jealousy can sometimes be a problem with TV personalities.

Edited by F. M.

I like a lot of celebrities that would be considered  talented, have long resumes of acting or other jobs on entertainment, and who probably make much more than Ripa and her hubby.

i also don't envy someone who seems to have major issues with being skeletal and is inderweight by any healthy standard . I also don't envy someone who has to resort to plastic everything to try to stay young looking .

iMO  women like Hoda or Valerie Bertinelli have a natural realness about how they speak, and seem to be able to get outside of themselves when they are with others  Those are women who IMO are better choices for a host . 

I am not jealous of them, nor am I jealous of kelly .  I find Kelly phony and super unprepared to interview or to host chat on most days . She literally makes every conversation about herself.  Her behavior when she felt entitled to something she didn't get also showed a side of her I just find sickening  and very out of touch with reality as to her importance.

So, no it's not jealousy.

I admit it is kind of interesting and fun to think that her lousy behavior toward others on the air and her grudges might get some consequences now! 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Shermie said:

Shouldn't the name of this forum be changed?

Has the official name of the show changed yet?  If so please let me know exactly what it is and I'll update the forum title.

(edited)

Ryan, everyone does not look good in your current hair.   I know, it is a thing now.  Take the lead from women, we don't get our hair cut in the newest style if it doesn't look good on us.   Sure we have more options but seriously look in the mirror.   Or better yet, your stylist should tell you.  

ETA.  For what it is worth, I like Kelly's body.  

Edited by wings707
(edited)
19 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Ryan, everyone does not look good in your current hair.   I know, it is a thing now.  Take the lead from women, we don't get our hair cut in the newest style if it doesn't look good on us.   Sure we have more options but seriously look in the mirror.   Or better yet, your stylist should tell you.  

Wings707, I thought the same thing this morning and I don't usually notice men's hair unless it's extreme for some reason -- Ryan, your hair looks dumb!!

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, wings707 said:

She looks good doesn't she? She works out a lot, and has that type of easy metabolism. I really like her hair

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't like Ryan's hair either.  Kelly would look nice if she wasn't emaciated.  Looks like they pad her for her outfits. I have seen bikini pics of her and it's scary. She has ribs showing, and back ribs.  Blech.   Anyone who is 93lbs and 5'3" needs help.   

Kelly got presented with a New Jersey Hall of Fame award by her dad, which is very sweet.   It is funny that she never took her kids once to the Jersey shore, and talked about that after hurricane Sandy.   She can take them to islands all over the world, but not across a bridge! I think Kelly feels a bit above her past.  She  use to be down to earth, but now she is all kinds of snobby and into the celebrity fakeness.  Her personality is as plastic as her face now.

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, orangekit said:

I don't like Ryan's hair either.  Kelly would look nice if she wasn't emaciated.  Looks like they pad her for her outfits. I have seen bikini pics of her and it's scary. She has ribs showing, and back ribs.  Blech.   Anyone who is 93lbs and 5'3" needs help.   

She is too thin. So is my daughter, and my daughter eats like a horse. She cannot put weight on. ( shrug)

3 minutes ago, F. M. said:

She is too thin. So is my daughter, and my daughter eats like a horse. She cannot put weight on. ( shrug)

Yeah, some people can't put weight on, but Kelly never was like that until she started starving herself after her first child. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, larsonb said:

Yeah, some people can't put weight on, but Kelly never was like that until she started starving herself after her first child. 

25 minutes ago, larsonb said:

Actually she looked pretty good after her  first child was born, the pictures of first birthday shows that :)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, F. M. said:

Actually she looked pretty good after her  first child was born, the pictures of first birthday shows that :)

Well, I do remember she got extremely thin and she did an interview where she said that she couldn't get pregnant again because she was too thin, and her doctor told her to gain weight.    I was watching her on the soap back then, and she looked ill for a while.

I hadn't watched the show in a while. I was getting tired of the guest co-host. Anyway, it's the first time I really looked at Kelly and she actually looks like she put weight on. Her face is rounder. Before it was very gaunt. Of course, it might be accentuated but her shorter haircut but she looks a lot better. I've been watching LIVE since Day 1 and have seen it all. Kelly looked great when she first started, then she had the kids & then she got sooooooo skinny that it was almost hard to look at. Now, she looks healthier but still skinny. Is it possible to just gain weight in the face? LOL!!! Whatever she is doing she should keep it up.

Did you ever notice how Kelly gets so-o-o-o excited about food.  She went on and on about a cheeseburger at McDonalds and God forbid they have food on the show!!!!!  I am not wealthy, but I really don't get very excited when I see or eat food.  I enjoy it, but I don't carry on about it and make it like it is such a big deal.  I can understand a homeless person getting excited, but I don't know of anyone else making such a fuss about food.  It's like it is such a treat.

• Love 4
(edited)

I have to say I'm really surprised that some of you think Kelly's body size is a good thing. She is grossly underweight and obviously obsessed with being thin. Like orangekit mentioned, Kelly in a bikini is a frightening sight. It's definitely not her natural body shape, but one achieved by a crazy exercise regimen.....and very little eating, I would bet. And I think the thing that bothers me most is how she puts on such a show about food, and how much she eats, when it's obvious that she barely eats anything. I think it was today when she said something about wanting a bucket of KFC - "extra crispy" - for Mother's Day. Raise your hand if you think Kelly has eaten a piece of fried chicken in the last 10 years. She is so totally fake about food.

On another note, I don't know if Ryan was Kelly's choice for co-host or not, but she must be disappointed that of all the possible candidates, she has a guy who doesn't dance out on stage with her. Ryan isn't a natural dancer, and I'll be surprised if Kelly can ever change that.

Edited by MzTori77
Spelling error
  • Love 9

I watched today & Ryan is so boring. He is so vanilla. The show is so...so....so.....ordinary. LOL!!! When Seth Myers came out I was like that's who they should have picked. Granted, he doesn't need or want the job but that's the direction the show should have gone in. Someone with a little (a lot) of humor & who is quick witted. Ryan has years of live television experience but it doesn't make for a good good talk show host. IMO!!!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, MzTori77 said:

I have to say I'm really surprised that some of you think Kelly's body size is a good thing. She is grossly underweight and obviously obsessed with being thin. Like orangekit mentioned, Kelly in a bikini is a frightening sight. It's definitely not her natural body shape, but one achieved by a crazy exercise regime......and very little eating, I would bet. And I think the thing that bothers me most is how she puts on such a show about food, and how much she eats, when it's obvious that she barely eats anything. I think it was today when she said something about wanting a bucket of KFC - "extra crispy" - for Mother's Day. Raise your hand if you think Kelly has eaten a piece of fried chicken in the last 10 years. She is so totally fake about food.

On another note, I don't know if Ryan was Kelly's choice for co-host or not, but she must be disappointed that of all the possible candidates, she has a guy who doesn't dance out on stage with her. Ryan isn't a natural dancer, and I'll be surprised if Kelly can ever change that.

I had a roommate in college with an eating disorder and sadly she was always talking about how much she ate, but she would barely eat . Many times the obsession and cooking of food withou eating can be a sign of a problem.

Kelly barey puts food in her mouth when it's on the show. I also remember her talking about going for s second run in the heat when the show was in New Orleans because she had eaten a few pieces of fried food .

6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I hadn't watched the show in a while. I was getting tired of the guest co-host. Anyway, it's the first time I really looked at Kelly and she actually looks like she put weight on. Her face is rounder. Before it was very gaunt. Of course, it might be accentuated but her shorter haircut but she looks a lot better. I've been watching LIVE since Day 1 and have seen it all. Kelly looked great when she first started, then she had the kids & then she got sooooooo skinny that it was almost hard to look at. Now, she looks healthier but still skinny. Is it possible to just gain weight in the face? LOL!!! Whatever she is doing she should keep it up.

I think it's the haircut . Her body looks prepubescent in tight clothing . And I am sure her stylist finds padding to give some shape .

i do not get why she thinks it's normal that she was wearing GAP kids in her 30's and also weakening Lola's clothes when her daughter was 9 years old .

• Love 6

There is an actress on Days of our Lives who is constantly talking about eating cupcakes and other sweets. She is super thin like Kelly. I think they both have eating disorders. 

Part of the problem with that disorder is that they talk about food too much to cover up the fact that they don't eat.

• Love 4