Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

I think that it would be a huge mistake for Michael to take Kelly's bait and go down to her level, but if he wants to get a little revenge he could easily do it in passive aggressive way  like Kelly is doing with her stupid digs.

Maybe he can gush over her anniversary and ask if Kelly ever did have a priest officiate a wedding, since  a Vegas wedding is not recognized by the Catholic Church!  Since Kelly usually had to share every gross detail of her "immortal beloved", (gag) and her wedding and sex life (ick), it would be interesting for her to see if and when she had a Catholic wedding ! Michael could ask her about Catholic Church rules on birth control, and many other rules she probably ignores . He could ask innocently since he "doesn't have a perspective ", just like she doesn't about divorce. Or maybe he can find a story about how men who are dependent on their wives for rich lifestyles are less likely to leave and stay in a marriage.

Personally, i couldn't care less about either of their relationships.  The only time I care is when Kelly has to assure us (and probably herself ) that she has a hot and heavy sex life (blech),

If Andy Cohen thinks Kelly is so amazing and ABC is so mean, maybe he can give her a co-host job on WWHL! Then Kelly can revert back to her raunchy, tacky, host chat, and pawing over guests, like she did while hosting solo. Or maybe  she can have fun being nasty on  Real Housewives of New Jersey. 

Edited by Swimmer1
  • Love 4

I just read that New York Post article.  It linked to another article that talked about how ABC messed up by making their announcement to the press before telling Kelly.   Now I'm confused, I thought Kelly was told first.  If this is true I certainly don't blame her for being upset, but I still think she should have gone to work with the fakiest of fake smiles and acted like it was wonderful news, then chewed TPTB out behind the scenes.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

I just read that New York Post article.  It linked to another article that talked about how ABC messed up by making their announcement to the press before telling Kelly.   Now I'm confused, I thought Kelly was told first.  If this is true I certainly don't blame her for being upset, but I still think she should have gone to work with the fakiest of fake smiles and acted like it was wonderful news, then chewed TPTB out behind the scenes.

Kelly & Gelman were told about a 1/2 hour before the press found out. He was told not to tell by TPTB. You would think they would told them a week or two before but they didn't and now it turned into a huge mess. Kelly looked bad calling out and now their not liking each other has come out. Friday the 13th can't come fast enough for either of them.

4 hours ago, ByTor said:

She was told before it was released to the press, but it was minutes before.  She needed a few days, and a vacation to "process" the information.   

Kelly is truly someone who has led a charmed and easy life if she needs a week to recover from this kind of news.  Some people have real illnesses, tragedies, and heaven forbid, terrible news about their children or family.   And most people don't have millions of dollars of  extra cash so they can risk being fired by walking out on a job if they get pissed, or not going to work in spite of having horrible things happen.

I felt a little sympathy for her at first, but now she has truly shown herself to be very fake, since she is very angry and spiteful toward Michael, but she pretended to be so happy for him. 

She also should watch about judging others about marital problems.  Kathie Lee used to act like she had a perfect hubby and perfect life, until  Frank was taped with a flight attendant.

As much I felt Kelly was fake and self-absorbed, I didn't think she'd go so low as to pick a her co-host's personal life in such a passive aggressive manner. 

It's almost like she's acting like a jolted lover! 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I thought the general consensus is that Kelly was told first, but not according to this: http://nypost.com/2016/04/26/who-really-cares-that-kelly-ripas-back/

Looks like the NY post article was damage control by Kelly's people.  Kelly was told minutes before it hit the press, but needed time to "process" the information.  Michael was told to not tell her, he was told to not even attend the meeting, but he wanted to tell her himself too.  

Based on Kelly's nasty, phony behavior, I now see why ABC and Regis both did not give her warning of a departure before it hit the press. Her awful passive aggressive and vengeful personality is in full view now.    

• Love 4

I have always found Kelly very self-absorbed and fake, and full of herself.  Now she is proving it!   

She was "so happy" for Michael, but she then pulls passive aggressive crap! Today she was in total fake mode, but she is obviously not being real.  

I think she was all nice because of  "apologies" and some money deal, but something started going bad when her "power" agents had to start negotiating her contract, and real Kelly emerged on Thursday and Friday.

Along with her other issues, she is very stupid. She thinks she is that important that she can put on a nasty act on camera and have everyone kiss her butt in contract negotiations?   She breached her contract by not coming in, she dissed her employer in her usual passive aggressive way with her self-important monologue, acting like she is the representative of employees in the workplace?  WTF?  How out of touch can she get! She is part of the 1%, she is no way even like any average person.  We can't walk out because a coworker decides to leave, and obviously Gelman couldn't either!  No one "earns" a right to diss their employer publicly, be nasty to their coworker, and also just take time off because they need to "process" some new change.

When she compared herself to the audience members who were taking off from work, it was nauseating.     

Kelly does truly have no real worries in her life, and has never had a real job.  I do hope her life stays as ideal as  it is, because she obviously can't handle any adversity without losing it!

Really, who cares how long someone is married? Maybe Kelly is so "successful" in her marriage because someone is dependent on her for his lifestyle!

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, break21 said:

I thought they seemed much less awkward this morning than last week.  Maybe the weekend apart did them some good.

I don't think it was the weekend apart. I think it had more to do with the backlash Kelly has received over her little "So you've been divorced..." stunt. It was all over the news this weekend, on both entertainment and hard news networks, and she was not made to sound good in any of the reports. I went to the Live Facebook page, and she was criticized pretty harshly by many people on there. (I was actually surprised that the negative comments didn't  magically disappear!) I'm sure Kelly is aware that her image has taken a hit over the past week, and she is in damage control mode now. So I believe the return of their good chemistry is just more of the acting job they have apparently been good at for quite some time. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, MzTori77 said:

I don't think it was the weekend apart. I think it had more to do with the backlash Kelly has received over her little "So you've been divorced..." stunt. It was all over the news this weekend, on both entertainment and hard news networks, and she was not made to sound good in any of the reports. I went to the Live Facebook page, and she was criticized pretty harshly by many people on there. (I was actually surprised that the negative comments didn't  magically disappear!) I'm sure Kelly is aware that her image has taken a hit over the past week, and she is in damage control mode now. So I believe the return of their good chemistry is just more of the acting job they have apparently been good at for quite some time. 

Yeah, I agree completely but at least she got the message.   I suspect her agency had a talk with her over the weekend and told her to play nice.  It really was less awkward than last week - and I agree it's obvious they are acting at this point and apparently have been for awhile.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Swimmer1 said:

Maybe he can gush over her anniversary and ask if Kelly ever did have a priest officiate a wedding, since  a Vegas wedding is not recognized by the Catholic Church!  

I never knew Kelly was a practicing Catholic!

1 hour ago, break21 said:

Yeah, I agree completely but at least she got the message.   I suspect her agency had a talk with her over the weekend and told her to play nice.  It really was less awkward than last week - and I agree it's obvious they are acting at this point and apparently have been for awhile.

I think it's still very awkward, but mostly because Kelly has proven what many of us have felt about her for a long time - she is  self-absorbed, entitled and fake.

49 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Oh yes, sure is!  She would mention going to church quite a bit, and she mentioned communions and confirmations.  Now if she had her hubby did not get remarried by a Catholic priest, the church considers them not married. 

• Love 3

Everything negative may (and probably is) true about Kelly.  But, I have said to no one in particular over the last months, that Michael seems like he believes he is "all that and more".  In the beginning I thought he was a good choice, although I think Kelly has the best chemistry with Anderson, and he does call her on stuff, but over time, Michael has just worn thin for me.  

Oh yes, sure is!  She would mention going to church quite a bit, and she mentioned communions and confirmations. 

She does mention going to church sometimes, but never a specific denomination, not that I recall anyway.  I hear about her going to bar/bat mitzvahs more than anything else.  I don't get the impression that she's a practicing Catholic, although I can picture her and Mark having a church wedding after the Vegas elopement to make their parents happy.

(edited)
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

In my best Sheldon voice...... "Sarcasm??"

ok, never mind, I saw your next post LOL!  I thought you were just goofing, ala "I never knew Kelly likes to dance!"  I hear her talk about her religion a good bit. Not in the theological sense, but their church-going practice. I never thought about their marriage not being recognized by the church! Maybe they've had it blessed, which I know some couples do.

Edited by MzTori77
  • Love 1

I feel like I'm watching a totally different show than everyone else on the site here.  I don't see the awkwardness or sniping, it seems the same to me.  Also, Michael hasn't hidden the fact he's been divorced, has talked about it himself, and as something like half of all marriages fail, what is the huge deal with Kelly mentioning it during a bit about divorced people with children working out housing arrangements?  I really must be blind to social cues, because I just don't see or hear what seems to be accepted as what is happening.  Neither one of them seems to be uncomfortable to me.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, muffkins said:

I feel like I'm watching a totally different show than everyone else on the site here.  I don't see the awkwardness or sniping, it seems the same to me.  Also, Michael hasn't hidden the fact he's been divorced, has talked about it himself, and as something like half of all marriages fail, what is the huge deal with Kelly mentioning it during a bit about divorced people with children working out housing arrangements?  I really must be blind to social cues, because I just don't see or hear what seems to be accepted as what is happening.  Neither one of them seems to be uncomfortable to me.

I get what you're saying, they have jokingly talked about Michael's divorces in the past. I think, for me, the difference was how many times in that one little exchange Kelly mentioned him being divorced and her having no take on it. She just kept pressing the point that he has marriage failures, while she has a successful 20 year marriage. I noticed a cattiness in her tone that I'd not seen before with Michael.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I do think Michael is taking a huge risk. I guess the big raise negates any doubts he may have, but he had it made on Live. The audience seemed to love him - and, according to the article, his popularity was soaring.  And now he'll be sharing the stage (sofa) with at least 4 other people vying for air time. Michael's appeal is his charm and humor, and I don't know if GMA is the right place to showcase that. I hope he is successful there, but I have my doubts.

The article definitely confirms the idea that Kelly is jealous of his rising star, which seems to be the root of the discord between them.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, MzTori77 said:

I get what you're saying, they have jokingly talked about Michael's divorces in the past. I think, for me, the difference was how many times in that one little exchange Kelly mentioned him being divorced and her having no take on it. She just kept pressing the point that he has marriage failures, while she has a successful 20 year marriage. I noticed a cattiness in her tone that I'd not seen before with Michael.

Yes, and the way she talked about the children being traumatized, and kept reminding us how she has "no prespective"!  Because, far be it from Kelly to ever ever comment on anything she has no experience with! LOL.  It was very obvious.  And she kept making snotty faced when Michael gave his take on not staying in a bad marriage.   Also, she literally did not let him get an word in edge wise when she was interviewing, and turned her butt to him in  very rude manner.  Very different from her sudden change this week! 

If the Post is at all accurate, it seems like her stupid friend Andy Cohen was advising her.  If she actually listened to him, she is not too bright!  

I think public opinion finally got to her and she was different yesterday.  I don 't know how she was today.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, MzTori77 said:

I do think Michael is taking a huge risk. I guess the big raise negates any doubts he may have, but he had it made on Live. The audience seemed to love him - and, according to the article, his popularity was soaring.  And now he'll be sharing the stage (sofa) with at least 4 other people vying for air time. Michael's appeal is his charm and humor, and I don't know if GMA is the right place to showcase that. I hope he is successful there, but I have my doubts.

The article definitely confirms the idea that Kelly is jealous of his rising star, which seems to be the root of the discord between them.

I think GMA is not a great format for him either.  GMA in general is not well done IMO.    But, then again he has a game show host gig too, and it seems like ABC is rewarding him for saving Live.   As much as Kelly thinks she is the reason Live is alive, she ran the ratings into the ground and was an immature, raunchy,  unprepared solo host.  Michael saved that show.   And I don't know what he's like behind the scenes, but he was always professional on the air, and he never publicly dissed his employer on the air or with stupid books, like Ripa did.  

Maybe they hadn't thought about this before, but the behavior Kelly has exhibited might cause them to play hardball during her contract negotiations, and maybe Michael could come back to Live with another co - host if needed.  Or maybe he will be hosting a fourth hour of GMA with another co-host like Hoda and Kathie Lee do right now.

Right now, Michael was gracious to Kelly, and Kelly ended up making life hard for herself with her snotty behavior at the end of last week.  She also publicly  dissed her employer with her dumb book stunt, her self-serving speech, sarcastic remarks about contract negotiations, and her rude behavior.    She was like a toddler who was having a tantrum, and finally the public turned on her.   Soon enough, when it's contract time, she will find out if it was worth acting like she did.   

6 hours ago, ByTor said:

From the above article...I love Regis' wife: "stay out of this!"

Love that ! 

• Love 4
(edited)

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1120285/mario-lopez-co-host-live-with-kelly-ripa?utm_source=SheKnowsDaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20160503&utm_term=SKDailySubscribersFinal&utm_content=6640390

Not so fast, however. Lopez isn't the only charismatic male TV star who adores Ripa and would kill for the job. Alfonso Ribeiro reportedly already volunteered to relocate from Los Angeles to New York City if producers thought he was a good fit for Live! And Anderson Cooper, one of Ripa's BFFs, had nothing but lovely things to say about the opportunity to work with her.

"Kelly is the heart and soul of that show, and it's going to go on and continue to be great, and I wish Michael the best in his new endeavor," the 60 Minutes correspondent and CNN anchor said onWatch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen. "Look, I'm very happy at CNN. It would be a dream to work with Kelly, but nobody's offering anything, so..."

Edited by ChiCricket
More to add

Excellent idea, ChiCricket. This thread will be for any links to interviews, video clips, promos or articles that appear in the general Media, that discuss the Live with Kelly and Michael show. Discussion about what was posted is encouraged in this thread.

• Love 2
(edited)

From the article above that @HalcyonDays posted:

"She came from soaps. He came from sports. Together, they were a zingy, unanticipated flavor combination that culminated on Sunday night with a Daytime Emmy win as Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Hosts.

The idea of Ripa’s permanent on-air partner being someone who travels in the same circles, who knows all her anecdotes (and vice versa), removes the element of surprise from those opening 20 minutes of chit-chat that makes Live such an indispensable morning staple.

What’s more, where’s the fun of Live spending the summer searching out newbies alongside Ripa only to go with somebody who’s already in her iPhone contacts under “Favorites”?

By casting its net wide and weird, Live can generate some positive summer buzz, help to erase memories of its “national nightmare” interlude and give its audience the joy of watching a daytime star hatch in front of its very eyes.

Your turn. Should Live cast someone in Kelly’s circle as her co-host? Or do you agree that it’s time for the show to take another road less traveled?"

Ps how do you get rid of the @ Symbol in front of someone's bolded name?

Edited by ChiCricket
question about @
1 hour ago, orangekit said:

Yes, and the way she talked about the children being traumatized, and kept reminding us how she has "no prespective"!  Because, far be it from Kelly to ever ever comment on anything she has no experience with! LOL.  It was very obvious.  And she kept making snotty faced when Michael gave his take on not staying in a bad marriage.   Also, she literally did not let him get an word in edge wise when she was interviewing, and turned her butt to him in  very rude manner.  Very different from her sudden change this week! 

If the Post is at all accurate, it seems like her stupid friend Andy Cohen was advising her.  If she actually listened to him, she is not too bright!  

I think public opinion finally got to her and she was different yesterday.  I don 't know how she was today.

Exactly! Most of host-chat is the two of them talking about stuff that they have little or no experience with.  Give us all a break.

Ps how do you get rid of the @ Symbol in front of someone's bolded name?

The @ Symbol is called a Mention. If done right, it will look like this: @ChiCricket and you'll get a notification that someone mentioned you in a post. Basically, you type the @ symbol, get a swirling cursor, then what looks like a drop-list list of all members here, listed alphabetically. If you start typing a person's name, the name will come up in the list and you can either type out the whole name, or partially type the name, then use your mouse to select the person's name.

Best way to "stop" this feature, is either just type the @ sign and keep typing (the drop down list will go away) or hit the escape key to get rid of the list of members that appears.

• Love 3
(edited)

Another article in one of the NY papers saying that Regis has been approached about coming back to Live!  Wait, what?!  

As much as I love Reege, and, he WAS the show as far as I'm concerned, he should not take the offer.  I think 'the little guy' would be intolerable.  And of course, by 'little guy' I'm referring to Kelly, lol.

Edited by finnzup
  • Love 4

So Jimmy Kimmel will be the first guest co-host.  Good decision by ABC because he is the probably just about the most liked -- and likeable -- guy on the network.  Very nice of Jimmy to step into that hotbed, though I'm sure a nice $$ incentive was offered.  

• Love 2

To-Do: Buy more popcorn, more vino.

So Regis was asked if he'd be "interested?" That's wishful thinking. Even I, who adored Reege to an unreasonable extent, would not entertain the idea of him returning full-time. I am going to refrain from much Regis talk, 'cause I see that leading down a rabbit hole.

Maybe I could see a recurring Guest Co-Host role for him (when Kelly is on vacay, snerk), or perhaps I could see him filling in a bit this summer as he feels fit, and if they need some help. That would actually be fun, if he "subbed" for a few weeks, maybe with Joy, aka "Bitch on Wheels," or other females. MAYBE, after a few months, he could reunite with Kelly!! Fun!!

I would like to MAYBE see a Live with Kelly  show with rotating co-hosts. Maybe someone like NPH or either of the Andy's could co-host for either a few weeks at a time, or a day a week - whatever. Doesn't have to be a set schedule even. Maybe even a Live with Kelly Surprise Guest Host Day (with a list of No-No Names like say, Clay Aiken - hee)

Also, lots of female fill-ins to give LOTS of time for vacations, other Important Projects, and time for Kelly to Process whatever slights her co-hosts might accidently toss her way, Poor Baby. She seems SO stressed. Time for more "Vacation Days??" To make up for the 20th Anniversary Debacle. AND a Big Juicy Raise. They need it!!

• Love 4

I like Anderson Cooper but he and Kelly are just too close. The whole premise of this show was that the host didn't hang out and told each other (and, us) what they did the night before. Also, Anderson giggles way too much and he would need to cut that in half for me to be on board.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

My all time favorite cohost, when they were last doing try outs, was Josh Groban.  I can't see him doing it full time with his singing career, but, IMO, he was great.

I'm not sure where JG's music career is right now. I know he tours some, however, it's not like he's a mega rock star. I would think Live would be great for him, maybe he could try his chops on the Broadway scene as well which would be great fodder for the cohost chat. One guy I haven't seen mentioned who was a scream when he cohosted was Michael Buble. I also like Fred Savage, his tv show on Fox looks like it's on the bubble for cancellation.

• Love 3

I can't really see Regis, Anderson Cooper, NPH, etc. playing second banana to Kelly. Guest hosting, yes, but I can't see them putting up with her quirks (talking over them, for one) for years. I'm aware the second seat is officially "co-host" but lets be real. Kelly and Michael's salary difference make that clear. I doubt Kelly sees that second seat as equal to hers and she'll subtly and not so subtly make sure we all know it.

• Love 2

I'm ready to move on from our great national nightmare, and focus on the new host search. I hope they don't stretch it out as long as they did last time. My suggestion would be to go back to the top picks from last time, see who's interested and available. Personally, my top picks would be Josh Groban, Michael Buble or Fred Savage (if his show gets cancelled). All three could do Live and focus their music/acting talents with stints on Broadway. Think of the great cohost chats....

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Katy-lied said:

I'm ready to move on from our great national nightmare, and focus on the new host search. I hope they don't stretch it out as long as they did last time. My suggestion would be to go back to the top picks from last time, see who's interested and available. Personally, my top picks would be Josh Groban, Michael Buble or Fred Savage (if his show gets cancelled). All three could do Live and focus their music/acting talents with stints on Broadway. Think of the great cohost chats....

I would watch if any of your guys come on board!!!

Fred Savage was really funny when he hosted a few weeks ago. Hopefully, we'll get to see him even just if he's not seriiously being considered. He and Kelly have the family thing in common with the kids and such. While they are wealthy (I guess she's richer than him?!?) they seem to have normal lives with their kids. I agree with an earlier poster who said that the try outs shouldn't last as long as before. That said, it will probably drive ratings up and they'll probably won't formally pick a new host until September. They are pretty much dark in August. So they really only have May, June & July. During the summer they usually are off for weeks at a time around Memorial Day, 4th Of July & Labor Day. They never just take 1 day off. It's usually a week. So there isn't that much time that we would have to wait, right?

On May 4, 2016 at 10:02 PM, HalcyonDays said:

Just type the name, then bold the name. That's all I did in my post above where I said good idea. I usually bold members' names in my posts so it stands out better.

Jimmy Kimmel Will Be Kelly Ripa's First Live Co-Host After Michael Strahan

Jimmy Kimmel!! Should be interesting...

The rest of the first week will have, as guest co-hosts:

Jussie Smollett, from Fox's Empire, on Tuesday the 17th

Comedian Cedric the Entertainer, on Wednesday the 18th

ABC World News Tonight anchor David Muir (presumably barring his being needed to cover breaking news outside of New York City), on Thursday the 19th &

Actor Daniel Dae Kim, of the current version of Hawaii Five-0 & Lost, who's also currently starring (through June 26th) as the King of Siam in the Broadway revival of The King and I at Lincoln Center Theater, on Friday the 20th.

• Love 2

Why is that hard to believe? They're both celebs and he's been on the show several times. Believe it or not, many people like Kelly.

If Buble was the new host, it would still be Live with Kelly and Michael. Heh. Live with Kelly and Fred sounds weird, although Fred Savage would be great. If Neil Patrick Harris got the gig, would it be Live with Kelly and Neil, or Live with Kelly and Neil Patrick? 

And a belated congrats to Kelly and Michael,for another Emmy win!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Shermie said:

Why is that hard to believe? They're both celebs and he's been on the show several times. Believe it or not, many people like Kelly.

If Buble was the new host, it would still be Live with Kelly and Michael. Heh. Live with Kelly and Fred sounds weird, although Fred Savage would be great. If Neil Patrick Harris got the gig, would it be Live with Kelly and Neil, or Live with Kelly and Neil Patrick? 

IMO, her story was over the top fabricated.  

She will never be seen as the celebrity Bradley Cooper is.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Shermie said:

and, Anderson and Kelly flows better then Kelly & Anderson. So many decisions and so little time. LOL!!!

20 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

So Bradley Cooper walked up and knocked on Kelly's car window......alrighty then.

Having had to be at a cross country meet:  It is sooooo boring and cold and boring and you can't even see your kids they are off in the woods or whatever.  If you recognize anyone from any part of your life you are best friends at the event.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

and, Anderson and Kelly flows better then Kelly & Anderson. So many decisions and so little time. LOL!!!

True. But Kelly will probably retain top billing, whomever replaces Michael, because she's the "more senior" of the co-hosts (she was there before the new person, like when Regis maintained top billing when she replaced Kathie Lee).