Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Today was SUPER awkward. Kelly brings up a story about divorce and says to Michael, “There’s a great article in the paper and I want to get your take on it because I don’t have a take on it. But I want yours. So you’ve gotten divorced …” which makes his go eyes all wide open," like WTF?!?!?". The story is about couples having the main house where the kids stay and the parents switch in and out. Kelly says you would have to be super rich with 3 homes and everyone agrees it's a bad idea. Then Michael brings up an analogy that no couples who are unhappy should stay together. Basically, he threw the shade back at her. Yikes! It's gonna be a long two weeks!   

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 7

Then Michael brings up an analogy that no couples who are unhappy should stay together. Basically, he threw the shade back at her.

I don't watch Live regularly and there is now the buzz Kelly and Michael haven't gotten along for some time.

Does anyone know the details?

I guess his last day can't be here soon enough.

• Love 1

Really low of Kelly to bring up Michael's divorces out of nowhere. She knows exactly what she's doing too. Had to laugh when Kelly said you'd have to be super rich to own three houses, when she owns three homes herself.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

In my opinion, Kelly just filled in her expiration date with Disney.  I understand being upset, but I do not believe she is being honest about her feelings.  I believe she is mad that Michael is being offered a new job, that she was not considered for, that has more opportunity and earning power.  I quit watching the show after Regis retired, but tuned in after her tantrum hit the news.  I really like Michael, his ease of telling a story, and the fact that he doesn't feel the need to flatter himself at every turn.  His telling the story of why he locks his bedroom doors at night made me laugh.  I am now going to start watching GMA in September.  Kelly made such a fool of herself, strutting across the stage, believing the standing ovation was sincere and not prompted, making the most passive aggressive speech ever!  She could have said everything she wanted to from her regular chair next to Michael, but no way was she not making this all about her.  There is a good reason Disney did not want Kelly in the original meeting, and Kelly didn't disappoint. The end is near for her!

Congratulations Michael....I wish you much success.

ITA! Her expiration date started when she hosted alone and was a disaster!  Then, I think that they saw that Michael really saved the mess Kelly made of a hite show, so they wanted to keep him and offer him more.

I absolutely think she is super jealous and insecure.   I think that she somehow doesn't think she makes a ton of money, because she lives a very expensive lifestyle, and  become out of touch with reality.  Truth is, like many have said before, she never really had to fact the true reality of show business.

I like Michael too, he's a natural.  Kelly used to be down to earth and nice, but she was always an awkward host, she depended on Regis to carry her for years. Since her name is first, she truly sees herself as some star, when in fact, Michael is really the star on that show right now.  He is very popular, and his star is rising.

I do not think it's all about age either.   Michael is her exact age. I think if Kelly had proven herself capable of making the show work when Regis left, without needing to be rescued, she might have been a rising star with ABC too.   

She's totally passive aggressive, and not so passive aggressive.  Dissing the network again in the animal segment was stupid.  

ABC is going to pacify the whiney brat for a while, so she doesn't claim sexism and what ever other victim label she can think of!  Sorry, I know sexism exists, but if Michael did the same thing to her, he would be called a creep!  Also, the fact that she had to always have a male cohost carry the shows when she was solo was embarasing.  She "prepared" for the Oscars by getting extensions and botox - she actually said that! She saw none of the movies, she had to have NPH carry the show.   She is more of a prima dona than she is some strong woman.

I am sure Kelly will survive financially, but she is no way bringing in 20 million a year from Markie playing around on recurring roles and small movie roles. They would never have the lifestyle they have now without her job.   More important that that,  Kelly will make a reputation for herself, and she will be someone that networks hesitate to  hire, since they don't need some person who can't control their feelings enough to not make a PR mess for them on the air.   

• Love 7

I think that ABC/Disney already was well aware that Kelly was a pain way before this incident. The only thing is, she never was stupid enough to keep dissing them in public. Now she is trying to make them look bad.    I think there is a reason they didn't want Michael to be present when they broke the news FOUR MONTHS in advance of him leaving, they know her well.

• Love 7

Wow, she is truly showing her true colors and maybe making most people see just why ABC and Michael did not want to give the little twit a  heads up that Michael was moving on!

That nasty, passive aggressive display with Michael today was really lacking in class, and showing what a mean spirited, vengeful, and fake witch she really is under her pretend nice little speech!

How many times did she bring up Michael's divorce while covering that one stupid story?  She had to keep saying "I don't have a frame of reference. for that..." as if it's such an accomplishment that she is still married, and he is such a failure.   She kept having to say " I don't know".  

Michael took the high road once again.

Negotiations must not be working for little miss prima donna.  I guess the real Kelly is now showing - even though I always thought she was totally narcissistic, many people believed her phony persona.

She may be let go with a lot of money, but it's more and more obvious that she has a huge ego that's not going to handle what they do to her because of her stupid behavior, and not going to handle other people in the business not being interested in a selfish brat who can't behave in a professional manner.

N

3 hours ago, Vinyasa said:

I don't watch Live regularly and there is now the buzz Kelly and Michael haven't gotten along for some time.

Does anyone know the details?

I guess his last day can't be here soon enough.

Too bad it's not her last day!   She needs to be canned for her unprofessional behavior.  Maybe they will find a good male co-host who can take over and they can get rid of her when her contract is up!

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Since her name is first, she truly sees herself as some star, when in fact, Michael is really the star on that show right now.  He is very popular, and his star is rising.

I do not think it's all about age either.   Michael is her exact age. I think if Kelly had proven herself capable of making the show work when Regis left, without needing to be rescued, she might have been a rising star with ABC too.

I both agree and disagree. Unfortunately, age is perceived differently for men than it is for women. Harrison Ford, at 73, is about to have another go-round as Indiana Jones, and people will flock to the theaters. Great as she looks at 78, can you imagine the eye-rolling that would be going on were Jane Fonda to revisit Barbarella? People would cringe.

Where I agree is that her star could still be rising had she met the challenge when Regis left. Instead of presenting herself as a savvy, mature, in-charge woman, she embraced her most shallow and juvenile inclinations and dragged the show down.

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, designing1 said:

I both agree and disagree. Unfortunately, age is perceived differently for men than it is for women. Harrison Ford, at 73, is about to have another go-round as Indiana Jones, and people will flock to the theaters. Great as she looks at 78, can you imagine the eye-rolling that would be going on were Jane Fonda to revisit Barbarella? People would cringe.

Where I agree is that her star could still be rising had she met the challenge when Regis left. Instead of presenting herself as a savvy, mature, in-charge woman, she embraced her most shallow and juvenile inclinations and dragged the show down.

I agree that for movies and tv acting roles, women have a harder time.  But, Kelly is not Meryl Streep, she's a talk show host. Oprah hosted a show into her late 50's and Ellen is in her late 50's.  And Hoda and Kathie Lee are not  young women either.    And we have Whoopi who is older doing a talk show.

If Kelly actually did prepare and work her butt off when Regis left, instead of acting like a 12 year old silly adolescent, she might have been respected. Her host chats were filled with conversations that a tween girl would have, and  she was a so so tacky.

I think this jealousy and need to put down Michael is not coming on suddenly, she's probably been a jealous witch for a while, and that is probably motivating him.

What they really should do is hire a super competent male co-host, not one of her buddies, and then ditch her in 2017, and hire a woman who appreciates  that  job. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Actually, they'll be integrating him more & more into GMA over the Summer, since his last day on Live has been changed to 5/13.  I wonder what the real story is for that date change.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/26/michael-strahan-leaving-live-in-may/

I noticed his name is in the spoken opening credits ("with Robin, George, etc.)  I don't know when they added Michael's name, but it wasn't included before, and now it is. 

• Love 1

I was watching Inside Edition and just saw their segment showing Kelly's divorce remarks and also her face when Michael talked about how love changes. Yowza. Kelly's not even hiding her bitchiness now. Poor Michael. I bet he's chanting "Two more weeks. Two more weeks."

• Love 7

Today was SUPER awkward. Kelly brings up a story about divorce and says to Michael, “There’s a great article in the paper and I want to get your take on it because I don’t have a take on it. But I want yours. So you’ve gotten divorced …” which makes his go eyes all wide open," like WTF?!?!?". The story is about couples having the main house where the kids stay and the parents switch in and out. Kelly says you would have to be super rich with 3 homes and everyone agrees it's a bad idea. Then Michael brings up an analogy that no couples who are unhappy should stay together.

Ok Kelly, it is now time to bring out the "tranquilizer darts" you mentioned on Tuesday.

You are really going to push it these last weeks, aren't you?

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

Ok Kelly, it is now time to bring out the "tranquilizer darts" you mentioned on Tuesday.

You are really going to push it these last weeks, aren't you?

Her tone & "frame of reference" was nothing but a pre-planned low, low blow.  Bitch!!!!

• Love 9

It is hard to process this "new" Kelly. I never would have predicted her "fall from grace" to be mainly at her own hands. I ragged on her for years, and FINALLY quit watching (and bitching) about a year ago. An occasional check in would reaffirm my dislike of the show. I tried to see her with fresh eyes, to chillax and enjoy the "harmless entertainment," but it wouldn't take long before I was thinking snarky things, and feeling all unchristian-like. CLICK!!

The news coverage of this rather minor change of co-hosts has been over the top. Every day, some "inside source" has the latest scoop. The bare facts themselves are rather astounding. First, Michael is leaving in four months. Then, Kelly stages her Walk-Out. Then, Michael is leaving in two weeks. WOW. I do see that she was upset, clearly. I don't get way she has handled it from there. Why she couldn't go forward from her Heartfelt Speech on Tuesday, and go back to their Ahmazing Chemistry (that was all faked?? Maybe she is a better actress than I thought. Or, maybe she has fallen back on her soap roots. DRAMA!!)

I don't understand the need for her to poke at Michael, Disney, or anyone else when she is live, on the air, doing her job. It's not "supposed" to be awkward. And that is on her. SHE needs to set the tone. Michael is trying to hang in there, and he is doing quite well at being a gentleman (on the air) and "taking the high road."

She is also making the search for the next co-host weirder. They could have let Michael officially stay the four months, and just phase him out as they would rotate in new talent. Plus vacations, etc. Now, Kelly is almost demanding to have two specific people or "else."

Fascinating!! (Popping popcorn, pouring wine.) "Money Don't Buy Happiness, Sweetie."

• Love 12

What a nasty thing she is!  Wow, I can't believe she threw that barb at him today.  If he wanted to, I do believe that Michael could bring her to tears in a heartbeat but he is acting the gentleman and the professional.  She forgets that he's spent most of his life in a locker room and on a football field.  If he chose to, I think he could rip her to shreds verbally and she wouldn't know what hit her.  I do think she would TRY to give as good as she got but I think Michael could really decimate her if he chose.

She should be very careful about who she 'pokes.'  She coming off as a real bitch.

• Love 11

This whole thing is reminding me of Rosie (queen of nice) O'donnell's downfall. Kelly is now showing her real self. I'm sure many suspected, but now it's out in the spotlight. She thinks she's "showing them" but keep it up and she'll find out who the real bosses are and what they can do.

• Love 9

I hope he doesn't go back next week if this is how she plays.  I used to like her with Regis but she is so full of herself and she has nothing going for her.  She is about the size of a 12 year old.   She was a soap actress and she was not that great - which she admits herself.  She tried to be in a sit com, but she was terrible and it was cancelled.  Her production company with her husband only produces failed projects.  I remember her saying once that he life plan was to retire at 40 while her husband brought in the big bucks from all his movie deals.  How's that working for ya?   What does she do for charity?   Michael donates his time to do St. Jude Children's Hospital commercials like Jennifer Anistion.   She is jealous he's going straight up the ladder and leaving her in his dust. 

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, finnzup said:

What a nasty thing she is!  Wow, I can't believe she threw that barb at him today.  If he wanted to, I do believe that Michael could bring her to tears in a heartbeat but he is acting the gentleman and the professional.  She forgets that he's spent most of his life in a locker room and on a football field.  If he chose to, I think he could rip her to shreds verbally and she wouldn't know what hit her.  I do think she would TRY to give as good as she got but I think Michael could really decimate her if he chose.

She should be very careful about who she 'pokes.'  She coming off as a real bitch.

And Kelly is being dissed on all of the social media for Live. People seemed to sympathize with her fake speech. But now she's showing her  true self.  

• Love 3

It's funny Kelly's being hated on so much when Michael was the one who blinded her and everyone at Live with leaving without the courtesy of letting them know before the public. He also he has had so many personal life issues of cheating, abuse and now which has him now dating a twenty-something criminal. Yet Kelly's the horrible one in the world.

• Love 3

If Michael is so horrible, why is Kelly so butt hurt at his leaving?? She should be happy. Now she can have one of besties join the fun. BTW, Kelly WAS told before the public was told. Exactly how long should Miss Diva get before the Little People get wind?? And, how about Michael PROBABLY being sworn to secrecy? And it was up to the employer for BOTH of these Oh So Talented Stars to figure out how to break the Heart-Stopping news that has shattered poor Kelly's life. Some of us are focusing on how Kelly has behaved LIVE and ON THE AIR. She looks petty, he looks gracious.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Snow Apple said:

This whole thing is reminding me of Rosie (queen of nice) O'donnell's downfall. Kelly is now showing her real self. I'm sure many suspected, but now it's out in the spotlight. She thinks she's "showing them" but keep it up and she'll find out who the real bosses are and what they can do.

That is a great analogy!! 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Artsda said:

It's funny Kelly's being hated on so much when Michael was the one who blinded her and everyone at Live with leaving without the courtesy of letting them know before the public. He also he has had so many personal life issues of cheating, abuse and now which has him now dating a twenty-something criminal. Yet Kelly's the horrible one in the world.

She was told before the public found out.  And if what I read is true, the info was leaked to the public shortly after.  It was not supposed to have been made public until later. I don't know who is to blame for that, but I doubt it is Michael. If the scene that went down was as explosive as we're hearing, then I doubt it was going to stay hush-hush for long. 

I dont know what Michael has done in the past, but the key word is PAST.  I'm glad this is a world where people are given the opportunity to learn from their mistakes and change.  I have not heard Michael's name mentioned in any bad actions or scandal in years. Not saying he's perfect, but until I hear otherwise, I think he is a good person. I don't know anything about his current girlfriend (if dating a younger woman is a crime, then the jails would be even more overcrowded!) or if she is a criminal. That's something I'll have to look up!

• Love 3
On January 15, 2016 at 9:31 AM, MzTori77 said:

Ms. Ripa was not amused when the flying balls (you know how she loves to say balls) knocked her mug and coffee spilled on her! Don't think I'd want to be on her bad side!

I don't usually quote myself LOL, but I thought about a comment I had made a while back and had to find it.  I remembered Kelly being visibly pissed about something and thinking that she had a temper below that bubbly facade. Looks like I was right!  Michael is the one on her bad side.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MzTori77 said:

I noticed his name is in the spoken opening credits ("with Robin, George, etc.)  I don't know when they added Michael's name, but it wasn't included before, and now it is. 

Michael's name has been in the spoken GMA credits for awhile now, but only on the days he's actually on the show since he's still officially part-time.

• Love 3

Disney/ABC told Michael to keep it quiet . Now seeing Kelly's reactions to Regis and her unprofessional behavior on the air, I can see why TPTB wanted her kept in the dark so she didn't freak out on the air before the public knew,

Gelman was also told at the last minute.

i don't get what anyone's personal life rumor or a nasty divorce have to do with the show?  Michael seems to have a good relationship with his ex wives and his kids . And if he didn't - who cares ? 

Is Kelly's supposed perfect personal life making her happy enough to make her put this work thing in perspective and act like a professional!

She whines about respect in the workplace, and then goes on the air being totally disrespectful.

And Michael wanted to be present and tell Kelly about the news, even when he was advised not too. 

Seems like someone is lacking class and decorum, and it's not Michael.

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 20

Disney/ABC told Michael to keep it quiet . Now seeing Kelly's reactions to Regis and her unprofessional behavior on the air, I can see why TPTB wanted her kept in the dark so she didn't freak out on the air before the public knew,

Gelman was also told at the last minute.

i don't get what anyone's personal life rumor or a nasty divorce have to do with the show?  Michael seems to have a good relationship with his ex wives and his kids . And if he didn't - who cares ? 

Is Kelly's supposed perfect personal life making her happy enough to make her put this work thing in perspective and act like a professional?

She whines about respect in the workplace, and then goes on the air being totally disrespectful.

And Michael wanted to be present and tell Kelly about the news, even when he was advised not too. 

Seems like someone is lacking class and decorum, and it's not Michael.

Divorces can be nasty, especially when you have money and fame. If Michael was so evil, no good mother would allow him to take the kids away across the country without making a lot of comments, especially when he is in a prominent position.  

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, snowydaze said:

How many times did she bring up Michael's divorce while covering that one stupid story?  She had to keep saying "I don't have a frame of reference. for that..." as if it's such an accomplishment that she is still married, and he is such a failure.   She kept having to say " I don't know".  

The whole thing was a setup.  Nesting has been around for years.  I first heard this from a friend who during the divorce - very easy going, with parents agreeing to let the children pick....They picked their housekeeper and so the parents flowed in and out.

• Love 2

Kelly  is so bitter and jealous that she's acting like a jilted girlfriend who wants to ruin the reputation of her ex boyfriend. She was just hoping everyone would google Michael's life and it would be the headlines. Then in her vengeful brain, she seems to feel she can take away some of the popularity that he has, that she is so jealous of!  

Hopefully her little game is worth losing in the court of public opinion, and even having people who wrote articles in the NY papers defending her, now calling her out for being unprofessional.  And hopefully it's worth digging her own grave with ABC and also showing possible future employers  how she behaves when she doesn't get her way! 

IT would be very funny if they could find an article about "kept" husbands, and whether women like being the big breadwinner, and having to support the family. Maybe then Michael can ask Kelly what that is like - or what her opinion is about being  awoman who has to support the family.  

Kelly probably would have loved to never return to Live when her huge ego was bruised, but I am sure they need her income to keep their lavish lifestyle, so she's very bitter .

Can't wait to see how ABC handles this.  I'm sure it will be passive aggressive and not obvious, and Kelly will not be able to play victim again after her little public spoiled brat behavior.

Edited by marmalade
  • Love 15

Kelly is nothing but a bitch with a capital B!  Her little game today didn't work. I'll bet that she feels if she can poke at him and provoke him enough, that maybe he'll fire back at her, but instead he's keeping his cool. Stay strong Michael. Don't fall for her shit.

• Love 10

First of all, let me thank the mod's for giving us a bit of leeway here to discuss this.  I think between the recent news about this show and the forum(s) being down for a bit, it's nice to be able to vent some of our feelings towards this topic.

Though this will be my last input on the matter.  I again don't see where Kelly should be in such a snit about the news.  Didn't Gelman find out about the same time?   And he essentially gave Kelly and the show FOUR MONTHS NOTICE.  Yes, I know he's leaving sooner now.  But at the time the news was released, he wasn't going to be leaving for several weeks...months!   That should have given Kelly plenty of time to "process the news".  I still don't see why she was SOOO upset about the way it was revealed to her that she had to skip work for a few days. 

And this stuff about her being there 26 years and feeling entitled to take those days doesn't fly with me either.  I have been at my job 27 years, and don't think they would take too kindly to me bolting for a few days to pout -- especially given such short notice.

Not impressed with her little speech at the start of Tuesday's show either.  It made it more about her, than Michael's leaving for a better position in the company.  I don't think she's handled this entire situation very well to this point.  It's almost like she's morphing into one of her soap opera characters. 

Edited by brgjoe
  • Love 17

In light of the recent dust-up, I went to Fashion-Blunder to check it out and guess who is missing from the couch?  Gelman......I remember hen he was a fixture on the couch, watching her primp and pose for the FF camera.  Don't know why, but that always bugged me--why did he need to be in a woman's dressing room?  Was it to get himself on camera?  Was it to feel important?  Did he have to keep her in check?  Who knows...........but--he's no longer there!  Makes me wonder why??

There was some talk that Kellmee and Gelman are/were not on such good terms.  Is this proof?  

There's a FF where she's in that black halter dress talking to Faith and her hub is sitting on the couch, totally oblivious to what's going on.  She then introduces two 'suits' and she begins talking about her 'anniversary trip.'  I couldn't even watch it so don't know how she explained it away.  Maybe if I have the time or inclination, I'll check it out later but the two 'suits' made me chuckle.  They were standing in the doorway like two henchmen, lol.

Michael is coming out of this smelling like a rose and her brand is swirling down the toilet.  Couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

• Love 8

I hope he doesn't go back next week if this is how she plays

Oh I hope Michael uses these last two weeks to his advantage. He now knows what her agenda is and can easily make her look even worse.

I never realized how hyper she is. Gosh, lay off the caffeine or whatever you're drinking Kelly.

• Love 3

I just hope they don't continue coming out holding hands. It's bad enough that they don't like each and we know about it. Then Kelly's comments about the divorce. Why would either of them even want to fake being friends by holding hands?! I think they both deserve each other if they continue with that charade. 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I just hope they don't continue coming out holding hands. It's bad enough that they don't like each and we know about it. Then Kelly's comments about the divorce. Why would either of them even want to fake being friends by holding hands?! I think they both deserve each other if they continue with that charade. 

My bold!  There's a lot of viewers out there that aren't privy to the information we are & love Kelly (& Michael) just the way "they are".  So the hand-holding entrance is simply a continuation of the facade.  JMHO.

• Love 2

First of all, let me thank the mod's for giving us a bit of leeway here to discuss this.  I think between the recent news about this show and the forum(s) being down for a bit, it's nice to be able to vent some of our feelings towards this topic.

As long as you do it without being nasty or disrespectful to each other, I'm good. Venting is therapeutic; being mean to other posters is not. So thank you all for being civil and respectful to each other.

• Love 5

http://nyp.st/24arFle           I hope this link works, it's worth the read.  This NY Post columnist seems to feel exactly the way some of us feel......she's doing herself no favors.

I hope she continues to do herself no favors! 

Michael is taking the high road and that is going to drive her crazy.

• Love 8

I can't make up my mind about how this drama should play out.  Just saw a news clip where "Strahan is plotting revenge" against Kellmee, how he won't let her diss about his divorces go unanswered.  Part of me wants to see him cut her to ribbons on live tv but the other part of me wants him to take the high road  and just let her keep digging her own grave.   

Either way, I'm sure ratings will be through the roof.

• Love 3

I didn't mind her taking a few extra days off when the news broke, and I thought ABC should've handled breaking the news to her differently, but I can't defend her behavior about bringing up Michael's divorce.  For me, she has now crossed the line.  I didn't watch the show when she was co-hosting with Regis, so I honestly didn't know there was some friction between them when he left.  I believe all of you who did see it, but I just go by the Kelly I've seen since then.  She really is cutting off her nose to spite her face if she continues to down this path with Michael.

• Love 6
(edited)

Very interesting story.....

"Once the executives at ABC realized the huge mistake they made, they had to correct it — and the only way to correct it was with a big payday,” the insider says. Ripa’s contract is up in 2017, and the show has already been renewed through 2020."

http://pagesix.com/2016/05/01/the-inside-story-of-what-went-wrong-with-kelly-and-michael/?_ga=1.246948932.1982559580.1462131801

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

Very interesting story.....

"Once the executives at ABC realized the huge mistake they made, they had to correct it — and the only way to correct it was with a big payday,” the insider says. Ripa’s contract is up in 2017, and the show has already been renewed through 2020."

http://pagesix.com/2016/05/01/the-inside-story-of-what-went-wrong-with-kelly-and-michael/?_ga=1.246948932.1982559580.1462131801

Now that they've drug Ripa through the mud (& I agree with all of it), now they're starting on Michael.  Ratings, people, ratings!!!

(edited)

From that article (for what it's worth): Andy Cohen says "Live is a job you take and you take it for life." Is he for real? Celebrities: They're not just like us.

Edited by designing1
  • Love 6

If Michael  was such a nasty diva on Live, why would abc promote him to another show? Sounds like Ripa's people are doing damage control , because she was doing stupid things and rhey needed to makes excuses for her.

And if Andy Cohen really said that Live is a job for life , he's an idiot .  If his friend Kelly ever was able to make it on a sitcom,  if  ABC or any other network  offered her a job on a hit  primetime show , or if Mark  actually  had made it big and they needed to move to LA, Kelly would have left Live in a heartbeat! 

• Love 9

Kind of a tangent - but Kathie Lee didn't get along with Gelman either. Kelly has shown recent pictures of her daughter and Gelman's daughter together.  What's up with that?

Kelly & Family vacations with Gelman & Family on their private time. They get along fine. That NYPost article was reporting it's Michael that Gelman didn't get along with.

She was told before the public found out.  

Minutes before, not even an hour. Less than an hour.

Divorces can be nasty, especially when you have money and fame. If Michael was so evil, no good mother would allow him to take the kids away across the country without making a lot of comments, especially when he is in a prominent position.  

Do you know the domestic violence history during his NFL time? His wife even had a restraining order against him at one point. But yeah, he's great and Kelly's bad.

• Love 3

Kelly & Michael won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host(s) for the second year in a row last night (Eastern/Central Time Zones)/tonight (Mountain Time Zone westward). They weren't there (but I think they'd said on a previous show they weren't going); I think the winners' list/article on the ceremony (which wasn't televised this year) that I read online said Dr. Oz accepted on their behalf (which probably also means he was a/the presenter of their category).

I read an article somewhere claiming GMA brings in $400 million in revenue annually.  Even if you split that out to a single hour, that absolutely dwarfs the revenue for LIVE, which was reported to make $30 million profit (I assume revenue would be somewhere less than $100 million).   If this is anywhere close to the truth, Disney seems to have had a no-brainer in trying to create a third hour of GMA with a very popular Strahan.

There's nothing magical about the 9 AM hour.  It would not be the biggest problem in the world for LIVE with Kelly and ???? to replace The View on the network and taking it out of the ever-weakening syndication market.

One thing that would shock the stew out of me is if Michael is anything less than solicitous of Kelly at all times prior to leaving the show.  His likeability factor is his money maker.  I would bet anything that the Disney execs are constantly reminding him of this fact, and that they have drastically reduced his time in this purgatory to give him a major break.

• Love 3