Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

I am came here to see miamama's head explode at Pricktor telling Ashley that Jack has BLOOD ON HIS HANDS, for all those people he killed on the ship, and for killing poor Stitch's crazy sister Kelly.  Er, Prickhead, you do realize that Jack was being held captive and tortured and drugged and was attempting to save his own life and escape?  No, of course, you don't own any of this, just like all the other evil things you have done to your family and their friends and loved ones.

• Love 11

Just watched the end.  Show may have lured me back, if Jack is in fact willing to go to war with Pricktor.  That was a great scene at the end.  Long overdue of course.  Phyllis should be happy about this, but anvils seem to be crashing that she is going hook up with Patrick Drake.  Wonder how that is going to happen.

I haven't been watching so don't know much about this Marisa storyline, but I kind of liked what happened today.  But wussy Noah?  WTF with calling the feds on Luca or whatever his name is.  How about call the feds on your Gwampa.

• Love 4

I can't remember when I have found this show more boring than it is right now - and that is saying a lot. I know it has been on for decades but I have been watching for 21 years. There has never been a time that Victor has not been trying to destroy Jabot. Or vice versa. Boring. Boring. Boring. Get a new storyline, please.

The only couple that is remotely interesting is Kevin and Mariah, and they aren't even a couple. The insta couples of Nick and Herb and Noah and Marissa have all the excitment of watching paint dry. And now after all this time Marissa sees her daughter and is fine with leaving her where she is? Not to mention it is not the least bit believable that Luca would have left the kid to be raised by someone else in the first place.

I find maybe 10 minutes a day of interesting dialogue/storyline these days. This show is losing me fast and I see nothing in the future to make me want to stick around.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 7
I am came here to see miamama's head explode at Pricktor telling Ashley that Jack has BLOOD ON HIS HANDS, for all those people he killed on the ship, and for killing poor Stitch's crazy sister Kelly.

Just watched the end.  Show may have lured me back, if Jack is in fact willing to go to war with Pricktor.  That was a great scene at the end.  Long overdue of course.

Bannana: Based on this, I'll watch this epi. Egads. I'm going to need that helmet Ninja alluded to over in the main thread aren't I? Dammit angry PB is too strong a pull...(see my avatar).

Okay, guys, I'm going in....

• Love 5

Okay, just watched and Bannana was absolutely right. That scene with Ashley and Victor was fucking RIDICULOUS. "Ah, so Jack didn't tell you he KILLED poor Kelly or those fathers and sons on the cargo ship?" as Ashley looks shifty eyed and said "Jack would never do that" -- unless of course he was being tortured and beaten and drugged and about to be KILLED and had to save himself. But no one is allowed to say this. Pratt has stupidified everyone to make this nonsense work that Jack is somehow in any way whatsoever guilty of anything. 

However, later scenes were good because there seems to be real movement to Jack getting pissing mad. Billy shoving him and getting him angry and then the scene with Victor at the end was very good.

I *know* I will be disappointed. I have learned that much watching Pratt's work. But if PB is allowed to show some fire again I'm intrigued. He had powerful scenes with Adam, Billy and Victor in today's show.

But it sure looks like something is brewing between Phyllis and Billy. I hope it's a red herring. That's just gross.

• Love 11

I am came here to see miamama's head explode at Pricktor telling Ashley that Jack has BLOOD ON HIS HANDS, for all those people he killed on the ship, and for killing poor Stitch's crazy sister Kelly.  Er, Prickhead, you do realize that Jack was being held captive and tortured and drugged and was attempting to save his own life and escape?  No, of course, you don't own any of this, just like all the other evil things you have done to your family and their friends and loved ones.

Anyone who died during that fiasco is on one person Victor. Murder as a result of a felony. Prick may hire people to do his rapin' and killin' cause he night break a hip but he's an animal. Still not watching unless I read he at least gets snubbed by his spawns for a while... and Nikki hits him with an empty vodka bottle.

• Love 10

This crap never learned the secret of Soap Villain 101. Adam Chandler, Roger Thorp, Alan Spaulding... they would do heinous things and sooner or later it would end up causing them to lose. Company or wife or children and they would be shattered (At least when the shows were being written by actual human writers.) Then they would claw their way back to power finding friends in the strangest places and for a while they would be human until they went off on another tangent.

Victor is just a pitiful heap of corruption, ego, and bluster about as attractive as a genital wart.

Edited by crowsworks
  • Love 20

This crap never learned the secret of Soap Villain 101. Adam Chandler, Adam Thorp, Alan Spaulding... they would do heinous things and sooner or later it would end up causing them to lose. Company or wife or children and they would be shattered (At least when the shows were being written by actual human writers.) Then they would claw their way back to power finding friends in the strangest places and for a while they would be human until they went off on another tangent.

Victor is just a pitiful heap of corruption, ego, and bluster about as attractive as a genital wart.

Yes, I agree, and thought about this with David Canary's recent passing.  As Adam Chandler, he was a "villain" as in, a guy who did many questionable things to achieve his outcomes, but he was always outed, and frequently had to own it.  And he seemed somewhat vulnerable, in that he did own it.  It didn't mean he didn't fall back into his nefarious ways.

My favourite comparison is JR Ewing.  The worst example of a human being, and yet, he had those vulnerable moments, where you almost liked him.  

Pricktor?  Black heart, black soul.  I have the same feeling about him as I do about Donald Trump.

• Love 14

What got me about today's CDN, as others have mentioned, was Victor going on and on about all those poor men who died on the ship because of Jack. First off, Victor, if you hadn't had Jack kidnapped he wouldn't have been on that ship in the first place. Secondly, wasn't the whole crew a bunch of drug dealers or something? Hardly innocent in my book. And they were willing to sell Jack to the highest bidder. Give me a fucking break with this garbage. 

• Love 14

Everyone needs to let Billy take the fall, he's such an idiot joking over the settlement Ashley's trying to make because of his actions. If Jack refuses, she should cut Billy loose.

Chelsea was an idiot too, comparing Billy to Sage. Billy actually did launch Paragon 2.0, making him pay for what he did isn't Adam hating Billy and trying to ruin his relationship with Jack. It's Adam trying to help Jack.

LOL at Noah thinking Victor didn't know everything about who he was doing business with. Then he called Luca's family people who manipulate the system? While speaking to Victor, who gaslit his mother and never paid for it?

• Love 5

Everyone needs to let Billy take the fall, he's such an idiot joking over the settlement Ashley's trying to make because of his actions. If Jack refuses, she should cut Billy loose.

Chelsea was an idiot too, comparing Billy to Sage. Billy actually did launch Paragon 2.0, making him pay for what he did isn't Adam hating Billy and trying to ruin his relationship with Jack. It's Adam trying to help Jack.

If show didn't use Abbotts for the sole purpose of making Newmans look good, Jack would have been allowed to point out the absurdity of Adam suing Billy for a virus he masterminded and launched.
  • Love 11

I just laughed at Billy. His fire right now is great but he is so stupid it hurts. He is the one who attacked Jabot with the Paragon relaunch. He didn't cover his tracks and now Jabot might go bankrupt because of Mr. DUI. Of course  Billy actually thinks he can outsmart Victor though it has NEVER happens. I also roll my eyes every time Billy rants about getting away from the Newmans because of this, that, or whatever. Did he forget that his "soulmate" is a damn Newman and that his children are also Newmans. Idiot Billy, you never will be away from them..

Though despite all that I was very happy to see Jack regain his balls. Screw Victor! Team Ashley as well. I liked her calling out Phyllis as well. I think she has a crush on Billy and didn't realize it until just then. I kind of wonder if they will hook up before the recast happens. 

• Love 6

Chelsea is becoming jealous of Sage's connection to Adam. She sees all this attention he is throwing at her when it is suppose to be their time together. He just got released and already bending over backwards for Sage. I totally get why she scratching her head and wondering what the hell is going on. Her trying to compare Sage and Billy though is just her reaching. Though in the end I guess she not too far off. Chelsea will always have a soft spot for Billy just like Adam will always now for Sage.

• Love 7

I just laughed at Billy. His fire right now is great but he is so stupid it hurts. He is the one who attacked Jabot with the Paragon relaunch. He didn't cover his tracks and now Jabot might go bankrupt because of Mr. DUI. Of course  Billy actually thinks he can outsmart Victor though it has NEVER happens. I also roll my eyes every time Billy rants about getting away from the Newmans because of this, that, or whatever. Did he forget that his "soulmate" is a damn Newman and that his children are also Newmans. Idiot Billy, you never will be away from them..

Though despite all that I was very happy to see Jack regain his balls. Screw Victor! Team Ashley as well. I liked her calling out Phyllis as well. I think she has a crush on Billy and didn't realize it until just then. I kind of wonder if they will hook up before the recast happens. 

Maybe Phyllis will jump onto a dumpster with BJ Billy, and finish up her dumpster hump with Patrick Drake Billy.

• Love 8

I just wanted to say that I've watched about one hour's worth of Show in the past two weeks - CBC Toronto now has a show called Bondi Vet on at 4 pm, and I've been watching that instead. Given the choice between a 6'5", blonde, blue-eyed Australian veterinarian and TGVN, well...

• Love 6

so i read that on today's eppy, dylan gives sharon a present, it is a wedding cake topper and asks her to marry him right away...

i can't be happy for her/them when i know their whole world is soon going to blow up.

wishing herb would get hit by a bus.

• Love 11

Oy. Today's episode. 

Sage Sage Sage. Jesus, so boring. All this bullshit back and forth-ing.

And Dylan and Sharon. More dullness. The only good thing was Baby Chrissully. Such a sweetheart.

And, at least for me, out of nowhere, Joe is violent with Lily? Wha?

• Love 4

I just wanted to say that I've watched about one hour's worth of Show in the past two weeks - CBC Toronto now has a show called Bondi Vet on at 4 pm, and I've been watching that instead. Given the choice between a 6'5", blonde, blue-eyed Australian veterinarian and TGVN, well...

I actually heard that's a good show. One of my former colleagues came in and mentioned it.

• Love 1

I laughed at Nick's face when he saw the wedding ornament. Faith looking all thrilled and Nick trying to put on a fake smile.

Dylan is great with Faith and that baby is so cute. With all of Dr.Anderson's studying up on Nick and his family, she didn't know that he and Sharon both live on the Newman ranch?

• Love 5

Oy. Today's episode. 

Sage Sage Sage. Jesus, so boring. All this bullshit back and forth-ing.

And Dylan and Sharon. More dullness. The only good thing was Baby Chrissully. Such a sweetheart.

And, at least for me, out of nowhere, Joe is violent with Lily? Wha?

Yup, I PVR'd because I knew I'd be home late.

Then I saw a pretty turquoise glow all around the TV screen... Was it a hallucination? Was it the spirit of the season coming for me? [sorry, folks, I'm related to the Grinch, I think.] Was it a Hydro issue?

Nope. It was the "Life is too Short for This" warning light. I always obey it.  I turned it off.

Frankly, for me, that much pukey Sharon/Dylan dramatic-irony-ridden Christmas/baby crap is way too much. I don't care about the characters; I'm sick of the baby-switch whosyerdaddy play-out. Sage I no longer speak of. Cane/Devon/Lily? Who cares?

• Love 7

My favourite comparison is JR Ewing.  The worst example of a human being, and yet, he had those vulnerable moments, where you almost liked him.

Any time I can stop what I'm doing and think about JR Ewing for a minute is just a highlight of my day, so thank you, Bannana!

Here's the thing, though, JR lost. He lost often, and he lost big. Victor never, ever, ever loses. He never pays for his myriad of crimes, but when a crime is committed against him, the committer always pays.

Plus, for all of his many faults, JR truly loved his family. I know he & Bobby fought, but JR always loved him. Not as much as he loved Jock or John Ross, but he did love him. Victor "loves" his family when they do exactly what he wants, and he punishes them if they don't. He has no clue what love is. Honestly, if they'd trace that back to his being raised as an orphan (I'm not sure what portion of his life he spent in an orphanage, but I know some), and show how he's genuinely learning to love people for who they are in his twilight years, because he never had the benefit of learning that in youth like most people do, that'd actually be a great story. I'll still never like him, but it'd be a good start.

The biggest difference, though, to me at least, JR Ewing had more charm in his pinky hangnail than Victor has ever had in his decrepit body. No matter how horrible JR was, he could charm everyone out of being mad, men, women, kids, he just had it. Victor is literally no charm, all cash. I'd love a character based on JR Ewing to come in and wipe out Victor, but you'd be hard-pressed to find any actor who possesses the Larry Hagman charm, it was one-of-a-kind. Sigh, I still miss him.

• Love 7

I admit it! I cried when Faith started singing "Silent Night". Tugged at my heartstrings but then I cry at some commercials too.

Oh god, I got a little misty when Marissa said she wasn't going to take Carmen's(?) little girl away.  I too cry at commercials.

• Love 2

Yes, Jack told Ashley. I was playing a game on my phone while watching but I do believe she did not blame Jack and even told Phyllis she was sorry that happened to her.

I can't believe Victor's portrait survived. Then again, evil is hard to eradicate.

And, as for Kelly Sullivan, she looks older than 37. I was surprised to find out that was her age.

I have to agree I was very surprised when I found out that Kelly Sllivan was only 37 I thought she was more like 47 I was sure she was older that Joshua Morrow.

I laughed at Nick's face when he saw the wedding ornament. Faith looking all thrilled and Nick trying to put on a fake smile.

Dylan is great with Faith and that baby is so cute. With all of Dr.Anderson's studying up on Nick and his family, she didn't know that he and Sharon both live on the Newman ranch?

I loved that scene to day Faith and Sully are so cute together and when Faith started singing to him.  They are just darling.  Sharon, Dylan and the kids make a great family too bad it is not going to last.

• Love 3

Why was Faith singing "Silent Night?" It's not Christmas yet, damn it!

Sorry, but I had a long day and a migraine and I hate people and probably shouldn't have watched the show in my sour mood.

And a bah humbug to you all.

• Love 9

I think I enjoyed Nick's misery at the wedding more than the wedding itself. His looks, his sullen face, his staring at how happy Sharon was and everyone getting along. I laughed out loud of his face during the actual ceremony. I loved that he had to stand there and watch a happy Sharon get married with all her loved ones around her.

• Love 9

Why was Faith singing "Silent Night?" It's not Christmas yet, damn it!

And a bah humbug to you all.

Make that a double, jewel!

UO warning here: I hated the whole thing [previously noted in prior post]. Again, the Grinch has nothing on me, where this season's concerned--I'd roast all the Whos in Whoville. I'm not a fan of the characters or the scenario here, and it just all seems contrived to me. The set-up train is ratcheting down the track, and it's audible over the kid's singing, which, BTW, did nothing for me, except make me reach for the remote.

Is that enough to get me thrown off the island yet?

• Love 7
I'm not a fan of the characters or the scenario here, and it just all seems contrived to me. The set-up train is ratcheting down the track, and it's audible over the kid's singing, which, BTW, did nothing for me, except make me reach for the remote.

I'm with you. I can't even read what's happening to these people. I don't think I watched more than 10 seconds of Dylan and Sharon when I was watching daily (and I love Sharon). Everything about their relationship and now their "drama" is insultingly contrived.

Does anyone remember when Bill Bell would do his annoying "surprises" around the holidays. E.g. Jack, Ashley and Traci would all tell John they were busy and couldn't spend [insert holiday] with him. They were short and kind of dismissive. John would be sad but then they'd all appear in a surprise with a big family gathering. It annoyed the SHIT out of me because who the fuck gets off on making their dad feel like crap for hours and hours just for the surprise dinner at the end? Anyways, I'm probably not making a good comparison. But the point is Bell did this in ONE episode as an easy shot of saccharine sweet drama. So it worked (though not on me). Pratt uses this over the top setting up (where we can all see how it will end) ass-backwards (i.e. the happy people's lives will be blown apart) and so everyone is vaguely uncomfortable and can't enjoy the "happiness" if they want to. And he does it for relationships that he hasn't bothered to actually develop.

• Love 12

The annoying thing is that there is a germ on good ideas - Have a witness ID Adam as the H&R driver (Gabe killed her) Adam is off the hook. Too much to hope for... Sage goes nuts/away and Adam lets Sharon keep Sully for the for seeable future. He can find out in 3 yrs when he graduates college/woodworking school and becomes a detective.

• Love 7

Little Johnny was adorable as ever! When he cut off Burgess Jenkins to say he loved pizza I thought it was the cutest thing, ever. It's just too bad that now that he's finally gotten used to BJ, his character will once again be recast.

Also, I'm annoyed Phyllis is mad at Jack about wanting to hold a press conference and letting the world know what Victor did. I agree with Jack, Victor needs to pay. Seriously, WTF ever, people?

The rest was boring. Go away Marissa and Prince Whocares.

• Love 6

Well, I'm going to play along with the dream that audiences are being set up for a giant Newmandown. It makes it so enjoyable to watch Victor blustering, being pissy with Ashley, even about trivial Pillsbury Wedding plans, and all. See? Just change your framework, and you, too can enjoy some current plotlines.

Marissa and Prince DiscoDouche? Unless somebody's [by which I don't mean Noah, who's notable only for that surf wave of hair he's sporting] setting him up to go under with the Newmandown, who cares? The poor actor's hairline is enough to put me off.

Apparently, I was watching hair yesterday. And clothes--Eileen Davidson rocked that red suit, but what the hell was that drum majorette blousey thing GT was wearing?

Now, there was Jack's determination to admire--c'mon Ghost Dad! And Mariah, who's moved well into my circle of favourites--and this from me, who could not not not stand the Cassie character.

• Love 7

I loved that red suit on Ashley but not the blousy thing underneath and I hated what Phyllis had on, OMG the color, style the whole thing was horrible on her.  

Ok Marisa came on the scene being a street savvy woman who could work the angles with the best of the drug dealers etc...now she is suddenly too naive to think that DiscoDan might not be on the level?  GMAB!  Another about face character!  

RA and LF must have been a fun couple to watch having a conversation during their marriage with his style of speaking and her talking with lips open and clenched teeth!  

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 7
Also, I'm annoyed Phyllis is mad at Jack about wanting to hold a press conference and letting the world know what Victor did. I agree with Jack, Victor needs to pay. Seriously, WTF ever, people?

IKR? It is Phyllis's turn to be a moron. After berating Jack for doing nothing, she doesn't want him to go public because she's concerned that people will think she's an idiot for being fooled by a fake husband? So, her husband is okay with it, their marriage appears unaffected by it, but her reputation??? oh noes. This is so fucking stupid. And it is so obviously meant to push her into Billy arms (yeah, that makes a lot of sense). She shit all over Jack and praised Billy's "guts" to go after Victor (in some stupid pointless plan) but Jack getting a lawyer and going public to out Victor (Michael agrees with Jack about the press conference) is soooo unacceptable because Summer and Daniel and her colleagues will learn she doesn't know her husband's peen from a criminal's. I cannot believe this is what will push her to cheat with Billy (because that is where I think they are going) over this. Jack is the only one who is actually at risk (with the potential -- though BS -- criminal charges over Kelly and the boat). But Phyllis whining about "people will know" is treating this is as some affront against her.

The only good thing is that Jack finally got some backbone. He is doing this AND he told Phyllis too bad if she doesn't like it. Let's hope he goes through with it. Though I doubt it since none of the previews seem to hint at it. (Though they show Victor.)

• Love 15

^^ IKR? Like Phyl has ever given a rat's ass about who knew something about her. She's more embarrassed by a crime committed against her than all of the ones she's committed over the years? Go figure!

How many exposes has she done over the years? Sharon, Diane, Adam? And that stupid blog? I'm not sure if we are supposed to see her side in this or not. But I sure don't.

Really terrible writing strikes again. Surprise.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 11

I mean, I can understand why Phyllis wouldn't want the world to know she was raped, but I don't think she would let any embarrassment or shame she may feel get in the way of Prictor being exposed. But, honestly, if characters were allowed to acknowledge past events, Phyllis shouldn't want Jack to have the press conference because she knows it wouldn't do any good. History has shown that Prictor will manage to pay off/threaten/blackmail enough people to stay out of prison and his family will forgive him within weeks. So Jack will have revealed his and Phyllis' pain and suffering and nothing will have come from it. 

This is what happens when writers have Prictor go too far but refuse to have let him pay for any of it. 

• Love 5
I mean, I can understand why Phyllis wouldn't want the world to know she was raped, but I don't think she would let any embarrassment or shame she may feel get in the way of Prictor being exposed.

I agree. But Pratt won't even give her that level of integrity. It's not presented AT ALL about the rape part. It's that she will look like an "idiot" for failing to notice an impostor husband. It makes her appear astonishingly selfish and juvenile (what will the internet say???). And if she had taken this view before she joined Billy in the pointless plot and screamed at Jack that he's letting Victor get away with "despicable things," okay, I might see her point of view. But she didn't. She quite literally FORCED Jack to do something.

Phyllis shouldn't want Jack to have the press conference because she knows it wouldn't do any good.

But this is where Jack is right about this. It's the only way Victor will pay. He'll squirm out of any legal repercussions with his god-like connections and power over the FBI (RME). But he can't hide from everyone knowing what a scum of the earth he is. And that Phyllis doesn't want Summer to know??? That's bullshit a million times. Summer ABSOLUTELY should know what her gwampa -- whom she defends constantly -- did to her mother -- and the Phyllis I know would WANT Summer and Daniel to know.

The writing is insane.

Jack and Phyllis continually take turns preventing the other from outing Victor. This is what they've done since Jack told Phyllis about Marco; each time one goes to out Victor, the other suddenly decides it's the last thing they want, with illogical arguments and out of character behaviour. I will say it again -- Pratt's determination to make Victor win (even temporarily) is killing this show.

Ashely's reaction seems a bit more in character. She's worried Jack could potentially get himself in trouble legally by revealing the whole sordid story. But Phyllis is far more concerned about what some woman reading GC Buzz will think of her. Phyllis's whole M.O. for life as far as I recall is IDGAF. She's not some high society lady FFS. 

I knew Phyllis was being used as a mere prop in the Billy Exit Story. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 8

Jack has an amazingly supportive family. After years of Ashley chasing corpse peen and running over Jack to get it and Billy chasing corpsedaughter tail with similar results, Billy is going to sleep with his brother's wife. I bet we haven't seen Tracy because she's in the Abbott garage putting sugar in Jack's gas tank.

The only people who should feel any shame about Phyllis being raped are Marco the Rapist and Victor the Rape Enabler.

• Love 10

Ok Marisa came on the scene being a street savvy woman who could work the angles with the best of the drug dealers etc...now she is suddenly too naive to think that DiscoDan might not be on the level?  GMAB!  Another about face character!

Like Chelsea and Nikki and others she is now one of the Real Stepford Wives of GC.

• Love 4

I had a rage blackout today. That fucking POS Victor needs to fuck himself every which way from Sunday. I do not understand why TPTB let the old bastard win all the damn time. Such a smug ,wrinkled old nutsack!!! I do not think that I have hated a fictional character so much. Not even Phyllis. And that was a LOT!

ETA: I also wrote the show crossworks! A great,long rant.

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Love 7