Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

I don't mind the actor playing Matt, Victor's brother--or maybe it's just that he's not working on auto-play or frothing at the mouth--which seem to be the two main performance styles available.

And I'll always take Tracy any time I can, even if, sweetie, honey, an intervention would not be my choice of action where Beady Eyes Billy is concerned--cement booties off the side of JaBoat, maybe. Fun watching though.

Interesting, and I'm fashion-immune, that Phyllis sports a bare-shoulder evening gown as workwear.

• Love 10

Such a horribly planned intervention. I like Traci but would've cussed her out if I got that emergency text only to find out this was the emergency. No one was dying. She should've explained the situation to them but this last minute intervention was never going to work. They've gone through this too many times with Billy to know her plan was dumb. 

Ugh I can't take the Ashby twins and their bad acting anymore.

• Love 4

Mattie is kind of dumb for a smart kid, huh?

One lone person, who is the daughter of a prisoner, chaining herself to a prison gate and wearing a tshirt is stupid and not going to get the press to come. It's not like she got a petition signed and the whole town to show up and support her mom. What a dumb ass. 

• Love 11
46 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Mattie is kind of dumb for a smart kid, huh?

One lone person, who is the daughter of a prisoner, chaining herself to a prison gate and wearing a tshirt is stupid and not going to get the press to come. It's not like she got a petition signed and the whole town to show up and support her mom. What a dumb ass. 

She might need to be reminded, again, that her mother got off easy.  That somebody who already lives a privileged life gets out of jail because they don't like it isn't exactly going to engender any sympathy outside of their own insular circle.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, boes said:

She might need to be reminded, again, that her mother got off easy.  That somebody who already lives a privileged life gets out of jail because they don't like it isn't exactly going to engender any sympathy outside of their own insular circle.

Maybe her cancer will come back. Dog knows they have to have some kind of story if they want this boring family droning about. Her story consisted of - bitch at Hil, be smokin hot, grumble at teens, have hotel sex with cane,  flirt/yell at her brother

• Love 3

jack IS NOT related to turd.

dummer is still a jackhole..

nikki admits the reason she never cared for sharon is because she reminds her of herself.

nick is going out with his homies....really mal?

shows still shit....mal is an idiot...i can see why the ratings are in the 2.9 range.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

jack IS NOT related to turd.

dummer is still a jackhole..

nikki admits the reason she never cared for sharon is because she reminds her of herself.

nick is going out with his homies....really mal?

shows still shit....mal is an idiot...i can see why the ratings are in the 2.9 range.

Thanks, valley. I still contend that Jack is an Abbott and somehow the DNA was either tampered with or someone else is not an Abbott.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 9

Yes, the test comes back and Prick and Jack are not related.  Just as they were about to open the results, and Jack arrives, Prick wants to destroy the results without reading them!  Drinki and Matt talked him out of it.  Question: why was Nate in charge of the test?  Why were they all in Vic's office?  But no Vic.

Mariah holds a bachelorette party for Sharon.  They start at Sharon's house, and there is a stylist from GC Buzz to prettify the ladies.  Mariah  tries to be upbeat and positive for Sharon's benefit.  But there is plenty of snark from Dummer, Abby and Tessa, the latter as a counter point to Dummer.  Vic and eventually Drinki also show up and talk to Sharon about her first day at work with Rey.  She tells them about getting caught going through the file, and that she thinks she covered.  They worry that she is not being careful enough and that Rey is setting her up, for example, by leaving the JT file in full view.  Nick is also there for a while before he goes to his bach party.  He gives Sharon an early wedding gift of a new house that he purchased without her input and consultation.  She is clearly dismayed, and tells him so, but she doesn't call off the wedding.  After much snarking about the cupcakes and chocolates and marriage in general,  Dummer texts Kyle to rescue her from the party.  He replies: not interested.  She looks bummed.   Abby bitches about the lack of real food, so Tessa makes her a snack.  Then she carries on about Arturo and how hopeful she is for their relationship and Dummer rains on her parade.  The ladies toast Sharon, and eventually get on the party bus which is going to take them to the Rooftop, which Mariah has rented for the party.  Sharon stays behind for a minute, looking wistfully at her beloved home.  Drinki comes back in to collect her, and then they have a deep conversation about how much Drinki has despised her.  They seem to make some progress.  Drinki says they are similar in their backgrounds.  Sharon jokingly asks her if she still thinks she is a golddigger, but Drinki doesn't really answer.  It does appear that Drinki is now supportive of Sharon and Nick, and she acknowledges how Sharon has turned her life around.  Sharon tells her about the house, and Drinki empathizes with her.  At the end of the heart to heart, Sharon suddenly tells Drinki that she cannot keep the secret from Nick and she is going to tell him before the wedding about what happened to JT and Drinki looks gobsmacked.

I didn't catch any mention of why Sharon's other bestie Phyllis was not at the party.

• Love 10
On 9/22/2018 at 12:04 PM, pearlite said:

I don't mind the actor playing Matt, Victor's brother--or maybe it's just that he's not working on auto-play or frothing at the mouth--which seem to be the two main performance styles available.

And I'll always take Tracy any time I can, even if, sweetie, honey, an intervention would not be my choice of action where Beady Eyes Billy is concerned--cement booties off the side of JaBoat, maybe. Fun watching though.

Interesting, and I'm fashion-immune, that Phyllis sports a bare-shoulder evening gown as workwear. wear 

Its from the Marge Simpson  Office Wear line.

• Love 11

I'll always take Tracy any time 

As far as I'm concerned they can have Tracy just come in and sit in a chair and read to the viewer, the script for that day.  It would be more compelling that watching it all played out by the "Actors" 

• Love 11
15 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Thanks, valley. I still contend that Jack is an Abbott and somehow the DNA was either tampered with or someone else is not an Abbott.

yes, i think jack is undoubtedly an abbott...

spec. is ashley did it to pay him back for the "blood abbott clause" and this will be her exit storyline.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

yes, i think jack is undoubtedly an abbott...

spec. is ashley did it to pay him back for the "blood abbott clause" and this will be her exit storyline.

This would be rich, considering it sent Jack into a tailspin and almost sent him back to drugs.  Yet she is distraught over Billy's gambling and blaming Kyle for pushing him off the wagon.  So it wouldn't make a lot of sense, which means it will probably be what happens.

I think her exit is related to the outsourcing consulting contract, which she told Billy was R&D.  And then that guy she met up with, Andrew.  But I don't know what that is really about.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, bannana said:

This would be rich, considering it sent Jack into a tailspin and almost sent him back to drugs.  Yet she is distraught over Billy's gambling and blaming Kyle for pushing him off the wagon.  So it wouldn't make a lot of sense, which means it will probably be what happens.

I think her exit is related to the outsourcing consulting contract, which she told Billy was R&D.  And then that guy she met up with, Andrew.  But I don't know what that is really about.

is that the guy who is associated with "type a"?

i read spec is that he is the one who changed the dna sample or at least arranged for it....mainly because "type a" is a blood type....

• Love 5
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Neither does Mal.

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

is that the guy who is associated with "type a"?

i read spec is that he is the one who changed the dna sample or at least arranged for it....mainly because "type a" is a blood type....

Yes, that guy.  But the dialogue, as I recall it, was that he said to Ash something like, this has really been working out for us.  So it sounded to me like some other scam she is pulling.  If she switched the DNA results, well, that is actually worse than stealing Prick's sperm!

• Love 5

Today was Bachelor/ette Party day!  It was fairly entertaining.

Drinki seemingly convinces Sharon that she cannot tell Nick because he will then have to carry the same burden they are all carrying and that is not fair to him.  Mariah comes in and asks what is holding them up and they say it is just wedding jitters.  They head for the party bus.  Then, we see the ladies at the Rooftop, having drinks.  For some reason Phyllis shows up.  Of course she does.  Abby, Dummer, Tessa, Mariah and Sharon go dancing.  Drinki and Vic go to the bar and they tell Phyllis that Sharon wants to tell Nick the truth.  Phyllis wants to go and harangue Sharon.  Drinki says:  did everyone take stupid pills today?  Hah!  Drinki goes and talks to Sharon again, while Vic and Phyllis look on.   Then Dummer sees them and remarks that they have spent more time together since she got back to GC than they did her entire life.  Phyllis says she is just trying to get to know her daughter's family.  Hah!  Sharon is summoned for the toast, and walks away from Drinki.  Vic and Phyllis walk up to Drinki and Phyllis asks if she got through to her.  A frustrated Drinki asks Phyllis what she is even doing there and walks away, harrumphing.  Phyllis ends up joining the party, uninvited.  Mariah makes a speech about Sharon that is nice, and she says she and Nick are going to make it because: honesty.  Mariah encourages the others to speak, and Abby says she forgives Sharon for selling her horse and that she is the new and improved Sharon.  Vic says nice things about Sharon and says that she and Nick will be very happy, and that is her wish for them.  Dummer says she should be pissed at Sharon for changing her paternity (which in response, Sharon hand-waves away!) but she's not, cause she is the new and improved Sharon and she and Nick are happy together.  Mariah asks Phyllis to speak, and she demurs.  Sharon eggs her on.

Meanwhile, Jack has a distinguished and boring evening planned, with dinner followed by brandy and cigars.  Nick says he is pleased, he doesn't want to end up back in jail.  Devon tells Neil that he told Jack he was not up to attending but Neil convinces him to go.  Also present is Arturo.  I enjoyed watching them each give each other the man hug...or not.  This group is more pathetic than Sharon's.  Does Nick really have no friends?  I guess with his dad not invited and Noah overseas, and Adam dead, who else is there?  Devon has brought a special bottle of Cognac that he bought for a special occasion (sniff sniff) and he tells Nick this is it.  They drink some and talk about marriage, and Nick talks about the new house which is going to be the beginning of their new life, and Devon says that is what he and Hilary were looking forward to (sniff sniff).  Devon finally decides to leave the party because he is a downer and he tells them to step it up, it is dull.  They decide to follow his advice and they show up at the Rooftop just as Phyllis says she wants Sharon and Nick to be happy forever and ever.

Mariah is upset that the boys have crashed her party but she gets over it quickly.  As soon as the boys arrive, Abby and Arturo are on the dance floor followed by Dummer and then Nick.  Sharon has disappeared but she is not with Nick so the gang of four are not too worried.  Even Vic is dancing now.  Neil is texting with Ash about a booty call, and Jack, amused, tells him to just leave, no one will mind.  He does.  Phyllis is sitting alone so Jack goes to talk to her about Billy, who them shows up, apparently drunk.  She tries to convince him to leave, assisted by Jack, but Billy orders a double and tells Jack to screw off.  He tells Phyllis he cannot trust her anymore.  Upset, Phyllis walks off, followed by Jack.  Sharon returns and joins Nick on the dance floor for a slow dance while Drinki and Vic look on worried.  Dummer is now with Billy at the bar consoling Billy and telling him he has every right to be pissed off at his family.  He says Traci's heart was in the right the place but the rest of them can go to hell.  Dummer wants to take Billy home so they don't see him like this.  He lashes out at her and says she is pathetic and worse than her family.   He pushes by her and walks away from the bar.  Phyllis walks up behind Billy and puts her arm on his shoulder and he swats it away, thinking it is Dummer, and she falls into a server who is carrying a tray of drinks.  Jack tells Billy that his is leaving: now! This whole scene was actually very well choreographed.  Maybe they got lucky or they rehearsed.  Jack and Billy get into it and Jack tells him to live up to the Abbott name. Billy argues with him and then all of a sudden he admits that he is gambling, he lost a lot, he borrowed a lot, and lost that too.  He has dug himself into a whole he cannot get out of.  Billy says that Jack has to be happy about that.  Ash will remove him as CEO, Traci will step in and get rid of the BAC and Jack will be back as CEO by tomorrow.  He says Jack is the big winner, and he Billy is the big loser.  Phyllis tries to talk to him, and says she wants to help him.  He says he has seen her help, and says: no thank you.  Billy stomps out.  Jack tries to console her, and tells her he is a lucky man to have her by his side.  And says that he was too.  Blechhh!  She tells him he should get back to the bachelor party.  Jack then tells Nick that he hates what is happening to Billy and what it is doing to Phyllis.  And  how he regrets letting Phyllis slip away, that he didn't fight hard enough.  Then Nick and Phyllis exchange a knowing glance.  Dummer then asks Nick if he is sure he is making the right decision.   He gets annoyed, but she says she will keep his secret.

Meanwhile Sharon tells Vic and Drinki that she has changed her mind, she is going to tell Nick.  She says she cannot marry him with this secret.  Drinki says she has been carrying this secret for six months and her marriage is stronger than ever.  Sharon tells Drinki not to take offense but the last thing she wants is a marriage like hers.  Hah!  Both Vic and Drinki actually appear offended by this!  Vic says Rey is already all over Nick, this is too risky.  Sharon says that Rey is going to uncover the truth and she wants Nick to hear it from her first.

Now Nick and Phyllis are talking and she asks him if he wants to go through with the marriage.  He says he is getting sick of this question and says he is 100% sure, because he slept with Phyllis but still wants to marry Sharon.  Ouch!  She is not even offended.  He tells her he can prove to everyone that he is sure, he is going to tell Sharon the truth.  She urges him not to do it.  She says Sharon is too unstable.  He can lose everything. He says he is willing to take the risk.  Meanwhile Drinki is telling Sharon to sleep on it.  She replies that she is telling him right now, and at the same time Nick tells Phyllis he is telling her right now.  They walk toward each other in slo-mo!  Phyllis, Dummer, Vic and Drinki all look on, each knowing a part of what is going on, but Phyllis is actually privy to both secrets!

• Love 18

Still think they should do a soap set in a woman's prison. The gang of 4 plus Tessa... Lily... Dummer for blackmail...

Thirsty Sharon and Phyl would be wearing each other's ankle bracelets in weeks. 

Orange is the New Stupid

Billy would rob the coffee shop in drag (he and Phyl wear the same size) cause he misses her and gets tossed in GC Supermax.

Edited by crowsworks
Double printing for some reason
  • Love 8

Since the US Thursday ep got postponed, so did Friday's CDN.  So I will recap Thursday's CDN, which was pretty interesting.

Glo is at Jabot ensuring Billy is not disturbed when a determined Lauren arrives, with one boob spilling out of her asymmetrical neckline.  Glo says Billy is not to be disturbed. Billy and Phyllis are in his office.  She says she is furious with him, but she is going to try to help him fix his half a million dollar embezzlement problem.  Phyllis tells him if the Board finds out they will fire him, and he says who can they replace him with?  He doesn't have half a mil, but Phyllis says she can give him her savings.  They can cover half of the half a mil.  He says no, but she says she will not turn her back on him, and she wants to help him.  Billy goes to reception and Lauren corners him; he apologizes for missing their meeting and they go to her office to meet.  Jack arrives, and says to Phyllis that he is there to check on Billy and see if he can help.  She says there might be something he can do.  Phyllis tells Jack that Billy needs half a million dollars.  Phyllis says that Billy needs his brother.  She convinces him that he is Billy's only hope, in spite of the whole betraying Jack with his wife thing.

At the Abbott manse, Traci is upset about the failed intervention and tells Ash that she needs to get out of the house, she has a headache.  Kyle then queries Ash as to why she hasn't revealed to the family about Billy's embezzlement and wonders if she has something to gain.  BTW, Ash is wearing the same dress as Katie wore to her child custody hearing.  Who wore it best?  Ash asserts that she is not trying to destroy Billy, she wants him to get the help he needs.  Ash is disturbed by Kyle's ambition and desire to get Billy ousted.  He says he wants what is best for Jabot.  She says she doesn't want things to go public.  He wants to know her plan.  He suggests they confront Billy alone, but she says it will not be any different than the intervention.  Ash says they have to vote Billy out and have Traci step in.  And get Billy the help he needs.

At CL, Drinki is trying to convince Prick to attend Nick's wedding but he is not interested.  Abby shows up, and kisses both her dad and Drinki.  What?  Are Abby and Drinki over the whole Arturo thing?  Abby also encourages Prick to attend the wedding.

Traci goes to visit Lily, who pretty much has round the clock constant visitors, so how bad could lock-up be?  Lily shares that the hardest part is that she has so much time to think about her guilt and the impact on her family.  She shares that Devon has reached out to her.  Traci tells Lily that she cut her book tour short because of a family problem.  She tells her about the failed intervention and wants Lily's advice as to how they dealt with Neil.

Kyle calls Glo and she tells him she regrets stabbing Billy in the back, and helping Kyle.  She gets annoyed with him and hangs up.  Billy walks by, and wonderful boss that he is, tells her if anyone gives her a hard time, she should send them to him.  Glo says she is sorry, and Billy is confused, and she tells him he may not want to go in his office.  In Billy's office, Jack is skeptical that paying the debt will actually help Billy.  Phyllis has the gall to tell Jack to ask himself what John Abbott would do, saying that he is the son with John's best traits.  Jack says Billy is a lucky man to have Phyllis fight this passionately for him.  He says he will help and a grateful and emotional Phyllis hugs him, just as Billy walks in.  Billy is annoyed that Phyllis has told Jack everything, and Jack says he knows everything except who Billy owes the money to.  Billy doesn't want Jack's money, until Jack points out how lucky he is to have Phyllis.  An emotional Billy says he knows he is a jerk and that he is lucky to have Phyllis and a brother like Jack.

Traci and Ash meet at the GCAC to discuss Billy.  Ash implores Traci to step in as CEO long enough to get rid of the BAC.  She says no. She believes that Billy can turn this around on his own, and Ash says that she is insane, it is not possible.  Traci says she will not humiliate Billy.  Ash says if Traci doesn't step in as CEO, he will be ejected from his job and humiliated.  Traci looks confused.  Hey, Ash, WTF don't you just tell her the truth, and then she will agree to oust him.  Le sigh.

Just to torture me, the twins now visit Lily.  They tell her all about Shawna's fantastic birthday party.  Lily says now they can start planning Halloween.  Mattie is pissed that they are pretending things are fine when Lily is unjustly imprisoned.  Lily changes the subject to her visit with Traci, and mentions her friend Colleen.  Chuck says: she died in college, right?  Lily reminds them how lucky they are.  Mattie says she will stop protesting.  Chuckie admits that he cut classes, but says he won't anymore.  Mattie tells her mom that Chuckie had incentive because of the deal he made with uncle Devon.

Jack gives Billy a list of rehab centres and says him going to rehab is the price he has to pay for the half a million.  Billy agrees and Jack leaves to get the money transferred.  Then Billy receives the money but is unable to transfer it back to Jabot, he is locked out of the Jabot account.  Glo arrives to say that Ash has called a Board meeting and the agenda is Billy.  Billy looks worried.

Back at CL, Prick is reconsidering going to the wedding.  He says he didn't get an invite, but she says he can be her plus one.  She tells him this is a chance for them to start healing their relationship.

At Jabot, Billy, Phyllis, Abby and Lauren are convened in Billy's office and Jack returns, saying he got a text about a Board meeting, what is it all about.  Billy says Ash wants him out.  Lauren says she knows about Billy's gambling.  Phyllis says that Billy is going to rehab.  Jack confirms that Billy agreed before the Board meeting notice went out, and Jack believes Billy is sincere.  He tells Billy he has his vote.  Abby says she needs to hear what her mom has to say.  Lauren says if Billy gets treatment, that could sway her vote.  Phyllis asks what the point is, even if they remove Billy, Traci is not willing to step in.  In the foyer, Traci and Ash arrive and Traci is telling Ash that she is not going to hurt Billy and she is not going to step in as CEO.  Ash says she should wait to hear what everyone says.  Kyle arrives and Ash tells him that Traci refuses to help and Kyle asks what is the point of the meeting then.  Stupid Billy, as if he is not already in enough trouble, snarks at Ash that she is late for her own meeting.  Billy calls the meeting to order dispensing with the usual protocol and business matters.  Ash says that Billy has a gambling problem and says that she hopes that he will seek help.  She asks the Board for a vote of no confidence.  Phyllis says this is pointless because Billy has already agreed to go to rehab.  Traci is very excited to learn that Billy will seek help.  Phyllis says Billy doesn't need to be voted out, he just needs a little time out.  Hah!  Kyle points out that it could be months or years till Billy gets his addiction  under control, and what will happen to Jabot then.  Traci says if they love Billy, they will give him their support, period.  Lauren is in favour of rehab, but asks who will fill in, in the interim.  They all talk at once then.  Ash interrupts and says that it looks like the knowledge that Billy is a gambler is not enough for a vote of non confidence, though it should be.  She announces Billy is not just a gambler, he is a thief and says that Billy stole a half a mil from Jabot. Jack looks surprised, Traci looks concerned, and Phyllis looks both guilty and constipated.  Billy looks defeated.

At CL, Drinki is paying the bill the at the counter.  She keeps taking bills out of her purse and one by one puts them on the counter, wanting to Prick to see.  Prick is watching her, intrigued and then says he will go to the wedding, and not to blame her if something goes wrong.  I don't really get what that was all about.  Was he worried she would put down a thousand bucks?

In prison, Chuckie is trying to explain the whole blackmailing Devon thing.  Lily is cool with it.  They make a pledge to be honest with each other.

At Jabot, Phyllis snarls at Ash: how could you do this to him? Traci says she doesn't understand, and says to Ash that she didn't say a word about this at the club.  Jack says, because it is a lie.  Ash says she wouldn't lie about this and Kyle confirms that it is true and provides the paperwork.  Traci asks Billy if it is true.  Jack demands that he answer her, and tell them it is a lie that they cooked up, or some kind of misunderstanding.  Oh, Jack.  Billy says he cannot tell him that. Lauren asks him if he realizes the damage he has done to the company.  Jack insists there has to be some other explanation than his gambling.  Traci looks devastated. Kyle says this is criminal. Lauren demands answers.  Abby says please tell us this isn't true.  Lauren demands to know what his defense is.  Ash calls a point of order and calls for a vote of non confidence.

Previews for next week:

Traci, standing and assertive, at the Board meeting:  I am so sorry Billy; I am willing to serve as CEO of Jabot.  (YAY, Traci!!!).  At Sharon's, Nick is reading a note that says: I know what you did and I am going to make you pay, while Mariah asks him:  Just curious, any unfinished business with those other significant women?  At the church for the wedding, as Vic and Drinki look on, slightly worried, and Nick comforts Faith with his arm around her shoulder (Faith!  where have you been hiding? and why are you wearing black to your parents' wedding?), Prick to Drinki: I am simply saying what everyone is thinking, Nicholas was stood up by Sharon; the question is why.

• Love 14

Have not watched yet, just caught a few minutes, but wanted to pop in to say that Billy pulled a Kavanaugh today, faced with the Jabot Board voting against him.  Deflecting, pouting, blaming everyone else, and having a hissy fit!

• Love 14
10 hours ago, In2You said:

So no one watched that terrible temp Summer!

My husband said, “What did she do to her hair?” and I replied, “You mean, what did she do to her face?” ? (and then I had to explain the existence of the temp ?)

edit: nu-nu-nuKyle is growing on me. He and Lola were kinda cute at the coffeehouse - he had a funny line about going to the animal shelter and shampooing cats ?

Edited by Capricasix
  • Love 9
On 10/1/2018 at 5:37 PM, bannana said:

Have not watched yet, just caught a few minutes, but wanted to pop in to say that Billy pulled a Kavanaugh today, faced with the Jabot Board voting against him.  Deflecting, pouting, blaming everyone else, and having a hissy fit!

I usually just read spoilers/recaps but boy what a difference watching the actual episodes make. Un-be-liev-able. Billy stole from his beloved father's beloved company and all he could do was crap his family and their rightful anger and crap on Traci who has done nothing but love his ass. If nearly getting Victoria killed and getting run over after being left for dead by bookies doesn't make Billy change his ways nothing will. And the BS us against the world Phylly scenes were also pooh. The real Phyllis would've told Billy to screw off when he tried to go in about her and Jack being too close for his liking. You had no problem taking Jack's money after Phyllis played on that connection so you need to sit down and shut up. Hate to say it but Billy can drop off a cliff at any time.

Meanwhile, I'm here for Kyle. I liked his interactions with Ashley, loved his smirking, loved his handing out the receipts for everyone to see and like that he's all about business is business and family is family and ain't letting Billy's drama distract him. And oddly I liked his tie. He definitely deserv s better than Summer so I'm for his checking out Arturo's sister although pairing him with Mariah wouldn't be horrible. Still lament that he and Hilary couldn't have been a contender couple. 

• Love 12
46 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

everyone is wondering where sharon is as she's not at home or at the church...

she's probably picking up noah at the airport.

I think I did see Noah in one of the promo shots. So, do you think the wedding will happen?

• Love 2

Thursday's recap, that went missing.  I tried to PM you guys to explain why, but it said you are not receiving messages.  If you want to know, just PM me and I will reply.

_________

A couple of highlights:

There was a bunch of Rosales family stuff, with Abby thrown in, which was okay but not that interesting.  There is apparently a thaw happening between Arturito and Rey Rey.  He helps him carry a box when he moves into CL penthouse.  Kyle flirts with Lola at CL and they banter about having a date, both playing hard to get.

At Sharon's, the whole clan is there sans Noah, getting ready.  Nick and Christian leave to go to Jack's to get ready.  Mariah, who looks stunning in a little black dress, talks with Faith, who points out that her parents suck at marriage to each other and to others. She maintains that people should be really, really sure before they get married.  This makes Mariah decide to tell Sharon that Nick screwed Phyllis.  Sharon, rather than looking stunned or in disbelief, or even angry, went immediately to "sad".

The new Dummer was introduced earlier today.  She is wearing jeans!  She is bitchy, like the old Dummer.  It's too early to tell, but she seems fine.  She and Mariah spar at CL about the secret re Phyllis and Nick, and whether Mariah will spill.

Billy puts on a bad display after he got a vote of non confidence from the Board.  It was hilarious that they did a secret ballot!  Billy lashes out at Ash and blames her for everything including blocking his ability to take Jack's money and pay back Jabot.  Sheesh, Billy.  You are an idiot!  Ash says she did not do that, and it is clear that Kyle did.  Billy warns Traci that Ash is using her to get the CEO seat.  Traci assures him that it doesn't matter who is running Jabot, all that matters is that he gets well.  Oh and Phyllis also backs Billy on the whole Ash is evil tantrum.  Jack insists that he just wants Billy to get well, as does Abby.  Billy brings up the whole Jaboteek crap, and Lauren rightly says that doesn't matter at all in the context of this situation.  Billy stomps off, and Phyllis chases after him, announcing that she votes no for Traci as CEO and slamming the door behind her.  Ingrate!  They go to the GCAC to drink and she gives him a pep talk.  Jack arrives, and instead of being gracious and thanking him and apologizing all over himself, Billy is grumpy toward Jack.  That is until he assures him he will still pay back Jabot.  Jack says he wants Billy to get well and he tells Phyllis he is counting on her.  After he leaves, Billy expresses his jealousy and thinks Jack wants Phyllis back.  She poo poos that and invites Billy to be her plus one at the wedding tonight.  I guess that means the Phyllis boink will be revealed right there at the ceremony!

Ash and Kyle bicker about what happened, with Kyle quite pleased, and Ash still on her story that she just wants Billy to be well.  She is quite nasty to Kyle, whom I have suddenly come to admire.  Later, Traci is at her new desk and Ash arrives to tell her she is there to help and gives her a bunch of contracts to sign.  Wisely, Traci says she will take them home to read them over.  Ash says she can help her out at home.  Traci mentions Kyle can help too and Ash advises her against that.  She also brings up her bitter story about Jack pushing her out, and Billy doing the same.  Traci assures her she doesn't want to be CEO, but at this point, Ash is positively salivating, so I guess Kyle is the one telling the truth today.

• Love 10

At the church, Phyllis of, all people, is ragging on Sharon, saying that witch stood him up.  Billy, of all people, defends Sharon.  Prick can't figure out why Sharon wouldn't show up to hook Nick one more time, and Vic and Drinki exchange worried looks.  Mariah and Jack are trying to reassure a frantic Nick about the missing Sharon.  Nick grills Mariah about her state of mind, and she replies that Sharon was calm and looking forward to the wedding.  Then Nick and Phyllis grill Dummer, thinking that she told Sharon about the island boink, and she insists she did not.  Nick dismisses Dummer, and grills Phyllis as to why she thinks Sharon hasn't shown up.  She surmises it would have to be something serious.  She then exchanges worried looks with Vic and Drinki.  We hear the door open and Nick says: you're here!  But it is only Noah, who asks if he has missed the wedding.  Faith is thrilled to see Noah, which was sweet.  Nick is also happy and Noah and Jack explain that Jack sent his jet to bring Noah to the wedding.  Jack turns over his best man duties to Noah.  Jack is the best.  Sigh.  Mariah is unsettled by Noah's appearance and tells Tessa that she hasn't told him about their relationship.  Tessa tries to calm Mariah down, about the missing Sharon, and about Noah.  Prick says to Drinki it is nice that Noah has made an appearance but says it is too bad it is for a non-wedding, and wonders why Sharon has stood Nick up.  Noah's grandparents are happy to see him, and Noah tells Prick that Dark Horse is where he belongs now.

Jack gets the minister to find someone to take his other appointment, but they still have the next wedding to worry about.

The Gang of Three snipe to each other about Sharon, well Drinki and Phyllis do; Vic is just anxious.  Phyllis speculates that stupid Sharon has confessed to Rey.

Nick tries to reassure a distraught Faith.  Jack keeps checking outside the front door.  Prick and Drinki slither over and Prick revels in the situation.  Jack says Prick better not be behind this.  Mariah, with Tessa by her side, hugs Noah, and they talk about the missing Sharon.  Noah wonders why Tessa is even there, and is surprised that Sharon and Nick would give her a job.  He is still bitter.  Mariah keeps changing the subject.  Dummer comes by to hug Noah and invite him to go clubbing while he's in town. He asks Mariah if she would join them, and Dummer says, please, Juliette and Juliette are  still in their stay at home phase. The light bulb goes on.  Dummer realizes she spilled a secret.  Mariah is pissed and upset at Dummer, Noah excuses himself, and Mariah sighs and sits down to deal with all of her anxieties of the day.

Abby fills in Arturo on Nick's last attempt at wedding Sharon and that Avery stood him up at their wedding.  Hah!

Billy continues his proposal of marriage to Phyllis, reminding her of all of the skeevy public places they have boinked, including under the table at the Club!  How romantic.  She evades the question.

Prick wants to leave, but Drinki wants to wait a bit longer.  The Minister tells Nick they have run out of time.  Nick goes to tell the guests that the wedding is off.  In the middle of this, Mariah gets a text and corrals the bridesmaids and tells Noah and Nick to take their places. Jack gets the Minister.  The bridal party enters (they make up half of the guest list if  not more).  Christian and Faith enter last and Christian is adorable, with Jack coaxing him in the right direction.  Then he charges toward Nick and Noah with his pillow thrust out, and Noah takes the rings from the pillow.  It was a sweet moment.  Even Prick smiled affectionately.  They had light music for the attendants' procession and then the full on wedding march for the bride.  Sharon looks lovely, and the gown is very nice.  I am however opposed to the white gown for the umpteenth wedding, but that is just me.  When Sharon arrives at the altar she turns toward the congregation and apologizes for the delay and says she ran into a small problem.  The Minister says, nicely, let's get this thing started (tick tock!).

Nick and Sharon have written their own vows.  Nick talks about when they first met, and how lucky he was then and he is now.  He talks about their children, their problems, and says they are wiser and smarter, and there is no obstacle they cannot overcome.  Sharon is emotional. Faith is also emotional and happy as she looks on, beaming.  As Nick finishes his vows, Phyllis leans over to Billy and says: yes, I will marry you.  Wait, what?  Was she hedging her bets?

It's Sharon's turn now.  She says she hopes she can be as eloquent as Nick.  She reads her vows from a piece of paper.  She tells him he is her best friend, lover, partner, father of her children.  She talks about their joys, their sorrows, and their ups and down.  She says she is grateful that he chose her, and he really gets her.  She says he is her north, her heart, her everything. Then, she starts to break down.  She tears up the piece of paper and says she wrote the words last night.  She wants to tell him what she is feeling right now, she wants to speak straight from her heart.  Drinki looks nervous and looks at Phyllis and Vic.  Sharon tells Nick that she was thinking about his recent proposal, he said that they were meant to be together, he didn't want to live his life without her, he wanted to spend his whole life making her feel loved and special, she is his one true love, that all the bad things are behind them.  She believed him, that things would be different this time.  She reminds him that he said that as long as they were honest with each other, there is nothing they cannot overcome.  She tells him that he was not honest.

Sharon faces the guests, saying that she wasn't going to come here today, but she is glad that she did.  Then she faces Nick, and says, so that she can see the look on Nick's face when she tells him she cannot marry him.  He says she doesn't mean that, and she says firmly, yes she means exactly what she is saying, unlike his meaningless words.  She says his sacred vows are a joke.  He lied to her and to his children, to everyone.  Faith looks devastated.  She angrily says he cannot love, honour and cherish her while he is cheating on her with Phyllis!  Really, Sharon?  Poor Faith and Noah. Although I did enjoy the constipated look on Nick's face.  She says: that's right, I know you and Phyllis slept together.  Billy kind of casually says to Phyllis:  You and Nick?  Hahaha!   Jack looks shocked.  Drinki and Prick glance at each other, unsurprised.

I am so disappointed we didn't get a reaction shot from the minister!

• Love 20

Oh, I can't wait to see this. I don't care if it breaks up Philly because I don't care what happens to either one of them. This week, while not perfect has had a modicum of soapy goodness. Between the wedding debacle and Buttbiscuit getting his comeupance, it hasn't been a bad week. And it's only Wednesday. Thank bannana! Nice re-cap.

• Love 12
36 minutes ago, bannana said:

As Nick finishes his vows, Phyllis leans over to Billy and says: yes, I will marry you.  Wait, what?  Was she hedging her bets?

why yes, yes she was...........

so mal, did gt get to you and ask for a phick redux?  spec is, that's where you are going..

• Love 10

Great bannanacap, thanks! So this is the second wedding where Nick and Sharon are at the altar and they don't go through with it because of Phyllis. How original. ? I don't know why it's so difficult for Mal to think of something different this time to break them up. Going back to Phyllis is just lazy and boring and everybody saw it coming months ago. I think the real surprise would have been if they'd actually gone through with the wedding.

• Love 14

I am totally okay with Sharon humiliating Nick and outing Phyllis, but it really is beyond cruel to Faith, who really was not optimistic, but allowed herself to be, and Noah, who flew like 18 hours to get there.  

Maybe they should take Faith clubbing with them.  

The only defense of Sharon is, the way it was presented, it appears she did intend to go through with it.  It was when Nick said his vows, and said the part about being faithful, there was an ever so slight change to her face, and I guess that is where she made her decision.  SC is so much better at those subtle facial expressions, than the whack-a-doodle buggy eyed "I have bi-polar" expressions.

She did look lovely though.  BTW, Jack was openly admiring her as she walked down the aisle.  I am up for the two of them reconciling.  Billy was sure coming to her defense today too, so maybe he will throw his hat in the ring.  Though Rey Rey is a shoo-in at this point.

• Love 19
51 minutes ago, Desperately Random said:

Great bannanacap, thanks! So this is the second wedding where Nick and Sharon are at the altar and they don't go through with it because of Phyllis. How original. ? I don't know why it's so difficult for Mal to think of something different this time to break them up. Going back to Phyllis is just lazy and boring and everybody saw it coming months ago. I think the real surprise would have been if they'd actually gone through with the wedding.

gt was bitter because previously she had only 2 scenes with nick/jm

mal has fixed that

• Love 11