Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

What is life when Buttbiscuit is the fourth most annoying person in an episode? 

Victor has some nerve running down Jack after what he did to him. That upright gila monster needs to slink back into the primordial ooze from whence he came. Vyle sits there, blandly listening to that strip of muskrat jerky belittle his father in between his own whiny ass titty baby tantrums that the world isn’t being handed to him on a silver platter. Sure, Billy doesn’t deserve diddly from Jack or Jabot, but neither does a mewling smirk. BTW, does anyone else suspect that Beely’s idea of fine Italian dining involves microwaving a couple of Hot Pockets? He was probably at the GCAC to pick up some garlic bread for that extra touch of class.

Let’s not ignore the other half of Philly, the couple whose romantic destiny is to become an oversexed series of in-jokes, such as their devotion to elevator erotica. Phyllis, assuming the worst about her burial buddies and picking at them relentlessly like a starving vulture at a roadkill buffet, will undoubtedly be the fool who unravels the whole thing with her lunatic behavior. Nikki’s IQ must plummet the higher her loyalty to Victor climbs, because no mother in her right mind would let Phyllis babysit their emotionally fragile daughter. Victoria and Sharon are the two people having normal, human reactions to what happened, and we’re supposed to see them as crazy/weak. Nikki and Phyllis are irritated with Mac, the mother of JT’s youngest children, but they’re the strong ones holding the house of shit together. Hey, psychos, Mac’s kids don’t realize yet their dad is a douche and they probably miss him. How annoying!

• Love 15
(edited)
10 hours ago, bannana said:

Prick chuckles and tells Kyle that his father has always had an inflated sense of self-worth and an utter lack of respect.

Hey Victor, does that sound like anyone you know (and I don't mean Jack)?

1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Phyllis, assuming the worst about her burial buddies and picking at them relentlessly like a starving vulture at a roadkill buffet, will undoubtedly be the fool who unravels the whole thing with her lunatic behavior.

It's looking more & more like it's heading in that direction.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 10
(edited)

Vicki wants to confess to killing Reed’s father?

Wut?

This kid will have to live with the unspeakably *horrific* soul destroying image of his mother bludgeoning his father to death because he was *beating* her up AND her dragging him across town and burying him in the park. 

But Vicki’s biggest concern is the Girls getting their lives back???? So which is it show? Mama bears will do anything for their kids (including killing someone) or Frenemies trump all?

Aargh why is Reed such a non-factor? Mal said he wanted to do a DV story then he picked Vicki and JT. A couple witha teenaged son on canvas. RME. 

And Phyllis is going to Lake Louise with Victoria? This is actually happening?

I can’t even comment on Kyle. Stupid fucking lawn jockey piece of shit pursed lips, smirking Ron Moss wannabe. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 15
(edited)
20 minutes ago, miamama said:

Mal said he wanted to do a DV story then he picked Vicki and JT.

It bothers me so much that JT hit Victoria, but Mac said he never hit her.  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have wanted JT to hit either of them, but IMO it subtly implies that Victoria "deserved" it by not being sainted like Mac. 

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, miamama said:

Vicki wants to confess to killing Reed’s father?

Wut?

This kid will have to live with the unspeakably *horrific* soul destroying image of his mother bludgeoning his father to death because he was *beating* her up AND her dragging him across town and burying him in the park. 

But Vicki’s biggest concern is the Girls getting their lives back???? So which is it show? Mama bears will do anything for their kids (including killing someone) or Frenemies trump all?

Aargh why is Reed such a non-factor? Mal said he wanted to do a DV story then he picked Vicki and JT. A couple witha teenaged son on canvas. RME. 

And Phyllis is going to Lake Louise with Victoria? This is actually happening?

I can’t even comment on Kyle. Stupid fucking lawn jockey piece of shit pursed lips, smirking Ron Moss wannabe. 

Now, now, miamama, don't let logic get the best of you...

Mind you, the recent chunks of dialogue amongst the Maids of Mayhem have made no sense at all. And while we're in there, let's stir in a spoonful of the SharonRemix feat. Malignbrain: perhaps our UK meister thinks that the gauche scene of Sharon in scanties, mug in hand, just so happening to appear before Nick's wondering eyes, has somehow led to yesterday's unfathomable Sharon response...cool as a cucumber...women are killin' it for themselves... Yabut no, Mal. Doesn't work.

Phyllis may try to trap Victoria under that big avalanche-thingie that I seem to recall at Lake Louise?

Kyle, whether actor or character, is just a horrible little schmutz. He's not fit to inherit one of Ronn Moss' scarves.

Finally, were those nachos or something Victor was eating? If there was a boom mike or even just standard miking, it would have picked up the crunching as those passed through his dentures.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Finally, were those nachos or something Victor was eating? If there was a boom mike or even just standard miking, it would have picked up the crunching as those passed through his dentures.

Which reminds me, I HATE when soap characters eat their sexytime strawberries, they crunch so loudly that it takes the sexiness right out of it!

• Love 7

I too want to know what Prick was chowing down on.  It was bizarre.

Sorry, no recap today, but the good news for me is I am going to see Infinity War!!!

• Love 12
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

It bothers me so much that JT hit Victoria, but Mac said he never hit her.  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have wanted JT to hit either of them, but IMO it subtly implies that Victoria "deserved" it by not being sainted like Mac. 

It doesn't make sense. JT was married to Mac for years. If his abuse was escalating to such a degree that he would hit Victoria in a matter of months, then he would have hit Mac at some point during their marriage. I hate this whole stupid story.

• Love 12
Just now, nilyank said:

It doesn't make sense. JT was married to Mac for years. If his abuse was escalating to such a degree that he would hit Victoria in a matter of months, then he would have hit Mac at some point during their marriage. I hate this whole stupid story.

Exactly.  He goes from not hitting Mac to choking Victoria and trying to kill Victor twice...although I guess I can't blame him for the Victor thing :)

• Love 9

Is it telling that I FF through any scenes with Victor, Kyle and Buttbiscuit? Zzzzzzzzzzzz. I Do Not Care About These Characters. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, bannana said:

I too want to know what Prick was chowing down on.  It was bizarre.

Sorry, no recap today, but the good news for me is I am going to see Infinity War!!!

SQUEE

I saw it on Tuesday!

• Love 3

Here’s what I remember about today’s show:

Nick kept badgering Sharon with questions about the fateful girls’ night, whether JT showed up at the house. Sharon evaded the questions, but Nick wanted to call Victoria and ask her. He thinks Sharon is hiding something, and brings up her past history of keeping secrets from him.

Devon goes with Hilary to her doctor’s appointment. The doc says something about the implantation procedure, and Devon’s all, “Wait, what?” He’s about to read Hil for filth, but she explains that she tried to tell him when Simone was there, and then she got all the baby gifts from her viewers, and *zzzzzz* But they talked it out and decided to go ahead with the implantation.

Vyle is a disgusting little toad and runs to Victor to blab about Jack’s not being John’s son after all. Victor sends him packing with instructions to get back to him when he has actual proof.

Charlie brings the edited video of Dina’s interviews over to the Abbott house. He watches it with Abby and Jack, and Vyle appears at some point. Jack and Abby, both wiping away tears by the end, compliment Charlie on what a wonderful job he did with the video. Vyle stands there looking like he has a pickle up his woohoo. Ye gads, I despise him.

I didn’t see the last five minutes because our power went out due to a humongous windstorm!

• Love 16
15 hours ago, Capricasix said:

Here’s what I remember about today’s show:

Nick kept badgering Sharon with questions about the fateful girls’ night, whether JT showed up at the house. Sharon evaded the questions, but Nick wanted to call Victoria and ask her. He thinks Sharon is hiding something, and brings up her past history of keeping secrets from him.

Devon goes with Hilary to her doctor’s appointment. The doc says something about the implantation procedure, and Devon’s all, “Wait, what?” He’s about to read Hil for filth, but she explains that she tried to tell him when Simone was there, and then she got all the baby gifts from her viewers, and *zzzzzz* But they talked it out and decided to go ahead with the implantation.

Vyle is a disgusting little toad and runs to Victor to blab about Jack’s not being John’s son after all. Victor sends him packing with instructions to get back to him when he has actual proof.

Charlie brings the edited video of Dina’s interviews over to the Abbott house. He watches it with Abby and Jack, and Vyle appears at some point. Jack and Abby, both wiping away tears by the end, compliment Charlie on what a wonderful job he did with the video. Vyle stands there looking like he has a pickle up his woohoo. Ye gads, I despise him.

I didn’t see the last five minutes because our power went out due to a humongous windstorm!

Yup, that was some wind! Downtown west, the power just blipped twice, but on Bloor West, one of those huge old trees was uprooted, crashed through plate-glass, and put a passer-by in the hospital.

Now, you may have been lucky enough to miss Mel's Gift to Sharon/Nick Stans--after that tedious interchange about SECRETS AND LIES!* Sharon decides that the best way to shut Nick up is to reveal her seething, unspoken lust! [Too bad the power didn't blip at this point.]

*SECRETS AND LIES! Mal's idea of subtlety and layered writing is to hammer us with shows where each set of characters enacts the same "theme" re their plot-lines. SECRETS AND LIES! Devon and Hilary--the sheer romance of thawed spooge! SECRETS AND LIES! Kyle and Victor--checking to see if Kyle's cooked yet!

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Capricasix said:

So Devon saw the EXIT sign from the Hell he's signed up for and instead of breathing a sigh of relief and walking out that door, he stepped back and signed on the dotted line for a life of hysteria and mindfuckery.  Darvon pretty much settles the "nature vs. nurture" argument - being around Kneel all these years has conditioned him like a cheap cut of beef for a lifetime of self delusion.  Can an argyle sweater and penny loafers be far behind?

WHY can't the entire Winters clan, including Hillary (MM is a good actress but I can no longer bear her character even a little bit) go on a 25 year vacation and let Malcolm take over Winters Hamilton Blender and Juicer Co.?

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Diane M said:

Unfortunately for Y&R viewers, "Malcolm" has moved up to the big time, and I wouldn't want to see any other actor in that role.

The one time they tried a different actor it was an unpleasant disaster.

• Love 11
On 3/21/2018 at 2:58 PM, Gloriole33 said:

Up to 18" expected in my area of Central Pennsyltucky.  Mr. Gloriole and I have been out four times during the storm and have managed to keep the sidewalks clear.  The cars are completely plowed in and the street is a mess.  Our neighbors have been a great help and blessing.  Happy Spring, Preverts!

80 miles south of Pittsburgh, in the mountains no less we had a frikin tornado in Feb. 

• Love 2

I was away for most of last week, so just watched 4 shows back to back. It took me all of half an hour. All I got out of it was that Paul couldn't understand why JT would have fled, rather than staying and claiming self defense with regards to Victor's fall down the stairs. Apparently he has already forgotten that JT turned off Victor's ventilator. Hard to argue self defense against a guy in a coma. 

Oh, and apparently Charlie is some magician who was able to take a few interviews between Dina and Abby (minus the info I would imagine about the multiple affairs, and of course the info that her three children all have different fathers) and make some kind of documentary worthy of a public screening? That must be some course that they teach at Walnut Grove. 

• Love 8

NosferaTurd  is a dick. How many lives has he destroyed with that stupid clip? And way to upset an older woman with Alzheimer’s by exposing her darkest secret when she is so fragile!  What about Charlie who is trying to make a career out of film? What about Tracey who gave you her daughter’s heart? FFS what an awful story!!! I’m so pissed off that not even Shick having sessy times can cheer me up ????

• Love 9

It is the same day in GC.  All of the previouslies were about Dina’s film and the footage that Kyle has.  So, we know what is coming.  I hate it when they make Jack all idealistic and vulnerable and happy, as part of a plan to pull the emotional rug out from under him again.  That is what happened today.

Sharon and Nick have the good sense to move to her bedroom for sexay times.  Unlike with Dylan, who I believe is made of plastic or rubber, they actually show Nick shirtless.  Sharon was wearing everyday undies and bra, suggesting that perhaps she was not planning on seducing him or suggesting they just do it.

The Abbotts and Dina are talking about the big night and the premiere of Dina’s film. She seems fine but has already forgotten what the film is about, and they had apparently just discussed it over dinner.  But she is eager nonetheless and says she has the perfect gown, and off she goes excitedly to get dressed, with Tracy going to help her. Jack also goes to get ready, and Abby and Ash discuss the film and how it is missing that crucial segment that outs Jack’s paternity, and Ash says that Jackie will never know that John is not his father.  Dun dun dun!!!

Neil is at the ranch with Prick. He has moved his workout room into the living room now, and is pumping iron.  Neil wants to do a PR piece tracking Pricktor’s return to physical prowess.  Blech!  Neil tells him about the big premiere and how proud he is of Charlie.  Prick talks about how tragic it is what has happened to Dina.  Neil says all the Winters and Abbotts are going to be there.  Prick says that he understands congratulations are in order, that Neil is going to be a grandfather again.  They discuss the pros and cons of Devon having a baby with Hilary.  Prick says that he hopes Devon’s children don’t judge him as harshly as his judge him.  Neil says, pshaw, his children do respect him.  Prick then says that however much he despises that SOB Jagabbid, he respected his dad, he wanted to be like his dad, he admired his father.  The tragedy of Jagabbid’s life is that he can never be his father. 

At the GCAC, Lily is wearing a beautiful blue gown, and Cane is so enthralled, that even though they are waiting for Mattie and Charlie to join them, he suggests they go upstairs for sexay times.  Seriously?  Even Lily is kind disgusted with the idea.  So instead they get a table.  Cane shows her a mini Oscar he has made for Charlie, and, she thinks her son will love it.  Mattie and Charlie arrive and Mattie gives her brother a hard time, teasing him.

Billy is also at the GCAC with a client, and he is pissed because Kyle did not show up for the meeting.  Cane notices Billy’s agitation across the room.

Sharon and Nick have quite the workout because all he can think of afterwards is: Chinese or Pizza?  Still in bed, they discuss what they have done and say they have no regrets.  She says that now that things are out in the open, they don’t have to be weird, they can be normal.

At the Abbott manse, Jack is in the living room in his tuxedo and Ash and Abby arrive in their gowns.  Jack is impressed and Abby says he looks like Brad Pitt, and he says, must be the hair.  Ash, I am pretty sure, is wearing Eileen Davidson’s gown she wore to the Emmy’s.  Jack is pouring champagne.  Ash is concerned about Dina, saying she was out of sorts earlier.  Jack and Ash talk about how even though Dina was not always there for them, she is there mother. Jack is very excited about this evening for her, and says he has another surprise planned.  Tracy arrives and says that there may not be a big night after all, that Dina is in bad shape.  Later, Dina is in the living room with them and she is crying and upset, wanting her mommy to tuck her in, and calling for her daddy.  Jack steps away to talk to Ash and she says they need to cancel the screening.

Kyle arrives at the GCAC and asks about the meeting, and Billy says he is 90 minutes late, the client is on his way back to Chicago.  Kyle makes excuses about traffic and says he will reach out to the client, and Billy tells him not to bother, he basically made the deal.  Billy says he has to leave, he doesn’t want to be late for the screening, and Kyle agrees, saying he knows how much it means to his father.  Billy says it means a lot to all the Abbotts.  Kyle says it is different for him, that he is always on the outside looking in.  Billy says that was his choice.  Kyle says the move to NY was, but that his mother took him away from GC when he was a kid and when they moved back, she moved in with Prick. Billy looks annoyed at the mention of Prick, and Kyle says that is all in the past, he now wants to be part of the Abbott family.  Billy says he is not off to a great start, and Kyle says he is hoping to change that tonight.  When the movie ends and the family gives her a standing O, he wants to be right there with all of them.

At Sharon’s, things are a little awkward post-sexy times, but eventually they get around to talking about take out, and they know exactly what each other wants on their pizza, and they both know the number for delivery by heart.

Jack is on the phone with the theatre cancelling the premiere, and Dina walks in dressed in a beautiful black gown, and she is outraged that she is cancelling the premiere. She says this is a film about her, she will be in the spotlight and there is no way any of them are ruining it.   Jack says they were just worried, and she says she is worried too, about how to accessorize her lovely gown.  Ash and Abby happily say they will help her, and Tracy is gathering everyone’s things and the premiere is back on.  Ash says it is going to be a night to remember, and Jack is beaming, and repeats that it is going to be a night to remember.  Kyle arrives, and says he knows he is late, but Jack says it is okay.  And he presents him a pair of cufflinks that were John’s.  They were given to Jack and now he is passing them onto Kyle.  Kyle seems touched.  Jack talks about family and how sometimes they screw up but they always keep trying.  Kyle thanks him and Jack says he has another surprise to get ready, and he rushes off.  He is elated.  Later Billy and Kyle are now also there with the Abbott women.  Someone asks about Phyllis and Billy says she is at a conference with Vic, and Abby says that seems a bit odd that Phyllis is with his ex.  Jack has rolled out a red carpet in the foyer and he walks Dina on the red carpet, while the others take photos.  Dina is beaming.  Abby thanks her for sharing her life stories, and Dina says she had a very interesting life, and a colourful one, but they won’t be talking about that tonight.  Ash and Abby exchange knowing glances.  As they all go to leave, Kyle lingers and looks at his cufflinks.

At the GCAC Neil shows up.  Devon can’t make it, he is in Detroit for a meeting.  Lily says at least Hilary won’t be there to ruin Charlie’s big night. 

Sharon and Nick are in the living room, have pizza and watching an old movie, and talking about sexual chemistry.  And then right in the middle of chowing down on pizza, they race back to the bedroom for round two.  Later, in Sharon’s bed, post sex, Nick says he can get used to normal.  They have a talk about what all this means and they agree to just be friends with benefits, and to keep it to themselves.  And then I think they ado it again, I kind of lost count.

Now everyone is at the theatre.  I kind of like the idea of renting a theatre for an occasion like this, and after all, they have that movie theatre set just laying around waiting to be dusted off.

Tracy, Dina, Jack and Ash are in the front row.  Behind them are Kyle, Abby and Billy.  Behind them is the Winters gang.  I thought it was weird they didn’t have any joint scenes before the screening, instead having the Winters at the GCAC and the Abbotts at home.  Dina says she is excited about the movie, but then says they should have had it at Cannes instead of this dingy theatre, and Jack chuckles and exchanges a smile with Ash.  Tracy laughs and says, next time, mother, next time.  Dina says, Dina Mergeron, The Sequel, and Abby says it would be hard to top what they are going to see tonight.  Jack goes to the front and thanks everyone for being there.  He says it is a big night for the Abbotts and especially for Dina.  Then he acknowledges Abby and Charlie and their work.  He says he saw a preview and says that Dina has led a pretty amazing life.  It’s taken her around the world and fortunately, back home.  The film has given him a deeper appreciation of his mother, and the life they all have.  Jack says that his life would not be the same without his family, and he says that he thinks his mother would agree, family comes first.  Family is more important than anything else.  Oh, Jack.  Sigh.  Dina nods in agreement.  Jack goes to take his seat as the film is about to begin and Prick lumbers in the back door and says: well, it looks like I arrived just in time.  Tracy looks back and sort of smiles, and Jack gets that twisted face of rage he gets when Prick pisses him off.  Billy stands up and says, what the hell is he doing here, and tells Jack that he will get rid of him.  Jack says:  Billy, I got this.  Dina is getting upset, and says what is going on, she thought they were going to watch her movie.  Tracy says Jack is going to handle it.  Jack walks up to a smug Pricktor, who, let’s remember, just days before was whimpering and squeaking out his words, and tells him he is in the wrong theatre.  Prick says: correct me if I am wrong, this is a tribute Dina Mergeron, isn’t it?  And of course he pronounces her name with a French accent.  Jack says it is invitation only, he doesn’t even know how he heard about it.  Kyle looks uneasy but then Neil says he mentioned it to Prick earlier, but didn’t know he was planning on coming.  Prick says he made a last minute decision, and he sees lots of empty seats, and he doen’t see how his attendance would cause a problem.  Jack tells him it is a private affair and he is not welcome.  He says if he lets Prick in, he has to let in any bum off the street.  He suggests he take in a movie in another theatre, Citizen Kane, about a wealthy old man that believes he can buy love and discovers he can’t.  Prick says he came to pay his respects to Dina Mergeron, a remarkable woman.  Dina hears her name, and she asks who said it.  Prick says it is him, and she remembers him, and says, Victor.  He reminds her of their date at the formal.  And she remembers, and tells everyone he is an excellent dancer, and tells him to stay, but he says he doesn’t have an invitation.  She says he doesn’t need one.  Jack is getting impatient, and says, mother.  And he tells Prick it is time to leave, and Dina says if her goes, so does she.  Frustrated, Jack tell him to find a seat.  Prick points at the seat beside Kyle, and says is that seat taken, and Billy looks pissed.  So does Jack as he sits down beside his mom.  The film starts with a quote:  what the mind can’t remember, the heart never forgets.  Dina says: is that true, Jackie? And he replies: I hope so, mom, and Dina says, so does she. 

The film is scored with a lovely, light melodic score.  Dina tells the skinny-dipping story with Kay and John, the story about Ash in her best dress going round and round the tree and Jack leaving his friends to a have a tea party with her (including the footage of little Ash and Jack), and about meeting John at the Sadie Hawkins dance.  Then you can tell the film changes with an unsubtle scratchy edit, and the lighting and music are different.  Dina is talking about all her other men, and that it is all so shameful.  She says this was not about Brent Davis, she says she had multiple affairs.  Ash looks back toward Abby and Charlie, worried, and they are both stunned and baffled.  Jack looks confused.  Dina says there is one affair she kept secret for good reason.  Now Ash and Abby are looking panicked.  Dina says that that she needed more than John could ever give her and she got more than she bargained for.  She says, that she is talking about Jack, and that Jack is the consequence.  She says, Jack is not John’s son.  Ash looks at her brother, concerned.  Jack looks destroyed.  Prick looks smugly satisfied.

So, Kyle didn’t make the edits, Prick somehow did.  This is the man who feels sorry for Dina, who knew it was Charlie and Abby’s project, thus hurting Neil’s grandson and his own daughter.  And ruining Dina’s evening, if not the rest of her life.  He uses a sick old woman to meet his warped objectives.  And how does Ash continue to work for Prick after this?  I guess he doesn’t care.  Prick also throws Kyle under the bus since it will be exposed that he had the footage, but that wouldn’t matter to Prick at all.  

When they were showing the cute story about Ash and Jack as little kids, brother and sister, I wondered if Prick’s black heart was a little envious.  What was I thinking?

• Love 17

How did Victor make the addition to the film?  Didn't Charlie have it in his possession?  All of the siblings should get DNA tests because Dina could very well be wrong.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Neil is at the ranch with Prick. He has moved his workout room into the living room now, and is pumping iron.  Neil wants to do a PR piece tracking Pricktor’s return to physical prowess. 

Fuck you, show.

1 hour ago, bannana said:

She says, Jack is not John’s son.  Ash looks at her brother, concerned.  Jack looks destroyed.  Prick looks smugly satisfied.

Fuck you, show.

• Love 18
(edited)

Aaaaaaaaaand, once again, in a matter of days, everyone except for Jack will have made what Victor did no big deal, just "Victor being Victor", "loves his family", blah fucking blah.

And then they'll be annoyed with Jack for not letting it go or some such bullshit.  Nikki will get in one "How could you!?!", and that'll be that.  After all, if he was able to slide on the months long kidnapping and rape, this is small potatoes.  And remember how nicely he danced with Dina??

So, as Ninjapenguins says, Fuck you, Show.

Edited by boes
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Big Blue Plate said:

P.S.  No one on the show is a real person. 

I had no idea, tbh. I’m a little embarrassed, but I guess I’m relieved Phyllis and Billy aren’t having sex inside my television. 

• Love 18
(edited)
3 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I had no idea, tbh. I’m a little embarrassed, but I guess I’m relieved Phyllis and Billy aren’t having sex inside my television. 

Sorry to tell you, Ninjapenguins, that part IS real. 

It's the downscale version of Poltergeist.

When you see those Nostrils from Hell pushing through the screen, it's time to RUN!

Edited by boes
  • Love 14

Oh god. It’s my own personal horror movie, isn’t it? The (Nose) Ring, starring Billy Abbott. People mysteriously receive security cam footage from the Jabot elevators and suffer hysterical blindness within 24 hours. But that is only the first phase of terror! Unable to see, the victims are unaware of the giant nose holes crawling out of their televisions until a moist backdraft draws them in...

I shall never sleep again.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, boes said:

Aaaaaaaaaand, once again, in a matter of days, everyone except for Jack will have made what Victor did no big deal, just "Victor being Victor", "loves his family", blah fucking blah.

And then they'll be annoyed with Jack for not letting it go or some such bullshit.  Nikki will get in one "How could you!?!", and that'll be that.  After all, if he was able to slide on the months long kidnapping and rape, this is small potatoes.  And remember how nicely he danced with Dina??

So, as Ninjapenguins says, Fuck you, Show.

This is precisely why this is all blah blah blah whatever. Jack is punched in the balls. Peter does the Hurt Reaction That Will Never Win An Emmy. Victor will carry on being smug and lifting those medicine balls while Nikki declares her love/lust for Such A Good Man. CEO Billy will be the most supportive brother ever (while fucking Jack’s wife on his — see that? HIS — desk. He will turn out to be the best CEO in the history of Jabot and corporations. Jack will “go dark” and Peter will do the Nuanced Pained Rage Scenes That Will Never Win An Emmy. Everyone led by Ashley (who will continue to work for Newman because of Jack’s blood clause - it is always and will always be Jack’s OWN FAULT) will hate on Jack for his “darkness.”

Traci will disappear again and Dina will be catatonic.

8 hours ago, boes said:

Sorry to tell you, Ninjapenguins, that part IS real. 

It's the downscale version of Poltergeist.

When you see those Nostrils from Hell pushing through the screen, it's time to RUN!

I knew it, you guys. That’s why I hate Philly so much. lmao

• Love 12

Also want to add @bannana I think Kyle edited the video to prove he’s a tough guy and Victor should give him a job (oh yes, he’s doing all this for *a job* with the man who tortured his father and terrorized his mother, lol). Kyle was late for a meeting with Billy for a reason. 

Mal decides he wants a scene and then forces his writers to manipulate characters and their actions to achieve said scene on a specific date. He has admitted to this. Of course there are, um, problems with this myopic approach. ?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, miamama said:

Also want to add @bannana I think Kyle edited the video to prove he’s a tough guy and Victor should give him a job (oh yes, he’s doing all this for *a job* with the man who tortured his father and terrorized his mother, lol). Kyle was late for a meeting with Billy for a reason. 

Mal decides he wants a scene and then forces his writers to manipulate characters and their actions to achieve said scene on a specific date. He has admitted to this. Of course there are, um, problems with this myopic approach. ?

Yup, me too, miamama. I don't watch plot or causality all that closely, to be honest, so if KrapKyle's mysterioso disappearance and meeting lateness weren't clues here, I'm not sure what they were.

You're referring to Mal's sledgehammer approach to storyline nodes? And the timeless subtlety of the cufflink scene?

• Love 8

Miamama, your ability to predict the future is quite keen. What you wrote sounds exactly like something Mal Young would do, especially the sex on Jack’s desk part. 

Of course, no one will think to get a follow up DNA test, much like when Summer’s paternity was reverted to baboonity on Sharon’s word. Hey, it honors the show’s rich history to bumble forward with a plot that hinges on the confession of someone not in their right mind. Genius! 

You know, after you got away with arranging the kidnapping of a man who was subsequently drugged and tortured by his crazy ex, replacing said man with a drug kingpin who raped the man’s wife for months, and shot said man point blank in the chest, well, you might keep your head down for the rest of your miserable life. Especially when you initiated your ghastly plan on the flimsiest of excuses, the ridiculous Paragon bullshit. But you are probably not Victor Newman, a booger that Satan picked and flicked into Genoa City. And let’s not forget that Jack just got out of jail after being wrongly charged for attempted murder when the reality is that he had saved Victor’s life. 

But back to the important stuff, my journey to enlightenment. Gotta be honest here. I’m still reeling from the news that these characters on my soap aren’t real people. I’m still paying off my student loans and was thinking I should hit Devon up for a loan. Guy has more money than he knows what to do with. I’m kinda bereft right now. So close to financial freedom, yet so, so far... 

• Love 12
(edited)
17 hours ago, Diane M said:

How did Victor make the addition to the film?  Didn't Charlie have it in his possession?  All of the siblings should get DNA tests because Dina could very well be wrong.

Turd made Kyle leave it in his possession. I haven't seen the episode yet, but was it actually Charlie who was running the video or did the theater have someone else doing that? I don't think it would have been too difficult to line someone's palm to switch the thumbdrive. What a blackguard Turd is. When I think he hasn't sunk any lower than he has already descended over the 40 years he's been on, he surprises me. I believe that every HW and showrunner since Bell Sr. has had a contest to see who can come up with the most scathingly vile things humanly possible. Damn. Jack should have just left his sorry ass sprawled on the floor of his damn raunch after JT helped him demonstrate his swan drive. 

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I dunno, I think it's real. Don't let the conspiracy theorists get to you.

• Love 8

What is worse from this damn show - sexy times with Nick and Sharon or Jack getting shocked while Victor smirks. The latter of course but it is close.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, miamama said:

I thought that it was Kyle at first because of the missed meeting.  But I think that was a red herring and that Kyle is going to take the fall.  After all, he did give Prick the drive.  But when last we saw Prick he was saying that Dina was essentially off limits.  And that he needed absolute proof.  Then suddenly he shows up at the screening, sits beside Kyle and has that stupid smug smile when the truth is revealed.  Which is what makes me think it is Prick.  He was just using Kyle?

• Love 8

He was just using Kyle?

I think he wants everyone to think Vyle  did it. That way Jack is out as CEO, Vyle is out too. Ash and Abby are at Newman and that leaves Buttbiscuit who is so incompetent Prick can swoop in and wrest Jabot away from the Abbotts without even breaking a sweat.

• Love 7

EB had better not win the Emmy for his crying scene and the talented handsome PB had better win for the torture yet to come for his character.

• Love 11
59 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Thanks, valley! Boy, their recapper doesn't hold a candle to our very own bannana.

at soc, posts are restricted to 5000 characters so recapers have to stick to that.

also not allowed to inject opinions, only what happens on screen.

you are not allowed to bash the actors or posters...you can bash the characters.

but at least it is not a cesspool.

• Love 4

Of course our heroic Buttbiscuit is there to save Jack from the demon rum and comfort him in his time of need. Too bad Jack doesn’t still have a wife who could console him. Wonder what happened to that lady...

But just in case you’re wavering on what a toolbag Beely is, well, at least he’s not Kyle, the garden gnome with a heart of coal and a face packed with enough punchability to make him a junior varsity Martin Shkreli. What about meeeee? Sorry, Kyle. No one gives a shit. 

In the background lurks shapeshifting shart vulture Victor, drooling over the juicy tatters of Jack’s broken soul. There is no amount of revenge that will satisfy the prick. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Tuesday recap after all!  

It’s the same day in GC.  It picks up right where we left off yesterday.

The important thing to note is the smug look of satisfaction on Prick’s face as he glances over at Jack.  Everyone else is horrified or confused.  Dina is upset because the film has stopped, and Abby jumps up and says there are technical difficulties.  Jack jumps up and demands that they replay the last 10 seconds.  It is replayed and his eyes are filled with shock and pain.  Then the action jumps forward.  So, we are deprived of seeing the confusion in the theatre, where everyone should be asking Charlie what happened, where Jack should be confronting his mother or at least shooting her some kind of a look…pain, contempt, disappointment, shock.  Where Kyle should be shitting his pants, or alternatively, smacking his lips, depending on whether he did this along with Prick.  Where Prick should be saying something annoying, pretending to be upset for the Abbotts.

Later, at the Abbott manse, the camera pans over the family photographs, as we hear a voiceover from Jack saying, he is the lucky one, they don’t make guys like pop anymore, and that he was the one person he could count on.  We hear Ash say that no one will ever take his place in her heart.  We hear Traci say, he was always so strong and never lost faith in any of them.  She says the biggest gift her dad gave her was teaching her how to believe in herself.  We hear Jack say that every good thing he has done in his life he did because of John.  Jack says, we Abbotts stick together.  Then Ash, Abby, Traci and Dina arrive home.  Dina is upset and confused and hopes that the memories from the movie are not lost.  Traci takes her to her room and she complies.  Abby is alone with Ash and is trying to figure out how this happened.  She thinks maybe she had the footage on the Cloud.  She is upset that Jack found out, especially like this.  Kyle arrives and asks about his dad.  Ash says she thought he was with him.  Kyle says he tried to get him out of the theatre, but Jack wouldn’t even look at him, it was as if he wasn’t there. Kyle said most people just wandered off with no idea of what happened.

At the GCAC bar, Jack is ordering a double.  Billy shows up and tells him that is an option, but not the best choice.  Especially drinking in public when he is so worked up.  Jack wants to know what the hell just happened.  Billy says somebody made a mistake.  Jack wonders whether it is not a mistake, maybe it is true.  Billy says half of the stuff Dina says makes no sense, half the time she thinks he is John.  He says she is bouncing between reality and fantasy, and this was one of those times.  He says it shouldn’t have been in the damn movie. Jack says it wasn’t in the version he saw earlier.  Billy thinks it was Charlie’s rough cut, the files got mixed up.  Jack says, or, it was a message from someone who went to a lot of trouble to hurt him.  I admit, it’s nice that Billy Abbott is there supporting his bro, but it would be a lot better if it were Billy Miller Billy Abbott.  This one just seems so insincere and ineffective.

Back at the theatre, the Winters clan hasn’t moved from their seats.  They watched the end of the film and applauded the credit that shows it was edited by Charlie Ashby.  He looks very unhappy, but his family are complimenting his work and his technique.  Charlie notes that everyone freaked out and left halfway through.  Charlie explains that he never saw that footage about Jack not being John’s son. And he didn’t put it in the film.

Back at the Abbotts, Abby is still replaying what happened and how horrible it is.  Ash says the one sad mercy is that it didn’t seem to register with Dina.  Abby says her dad being there made it that much worse, him seeing her uncle Jack’s face when he found out the truth.  Kyle says they don’t know it is the truth.   Abby says Dina knew what she was saying and she meant it.  Kyle says, so that means…and Abby replies, that means they have to find uncle Jack and ensure that he is okay.  Kyle snaps, thanks for the support, in case they hadn’t realized, it happened to him as well. If it is true, he is not an Abbott either. 

At the bar, Jack says someone went to a lot of trouble to stick it to him; the time, the place, the audience—the perfect setup for a public humiliation. Billy says they will find out who did this and grind them to dust.  He also says that what Dina said changes nothing.  Jack says, what if it is true, and he is not John’s son.  Billy says he will always be the son that John was proud of, and Jack balks, and says that he wasn’t always proud of him, and he had good reason not to be.  Billy says that made him a hard act to follow, that Jack made it entirely too easy to be the family screw up.  Billy says he took to it naturally.  Billy says he knew he was never going to be a Harvard MBA, the golden boy, Jack Abbott.  He accepted his role as black sheep cause he knew Jack would always be there for him no matter how many times he screwed up.  And when he crossed the line with Phyllis, he ruined everything between them, and Jack still didn’t cut him loose.  He says they will always be Abbott brothers.  Jack says, if what Dina says is true, one of them isn’t an Abbott.  Billy says, one crazy line from Dina doesn’t change reality.  He recalls a time that John dragged him to an event where Jack was honoured, and John was so proud of Jack.  He says it doesn’t matter what DNA says.  Jack says he has given that speech to Ash so many times, but it does matter, it changes everything.

Back home, Kyle is back to whining that Abby and Ash don’t have the  faintest concern about how this would affect him, because it is not as if he is a real Abbott anyway.  Abby says she knows how he feels, but Kyle is holding it together, and they do not know how Jack is doing.  Abby says she went through what Kyle is going through, finding out she is not an Abbott.  Ash tries to explain to Kyle how important John was in their lives.  Kyle whines about how they all grew up with John, and he didn’t.  He moans on about the heartwarming stories he has hear about growing up as an Abbott, and says he didn’t have that, he didn’t grow up in a loving family. Abby is aghast and asks him if he thinks Jack deserves this.  Kyle looks smug.

It is looking like Kyle was in on it, so I guess off screen, after Prick said he didn’t want to take advantage of Dina’s tragedy, and he told Kyle he needed absolute proof, he decided that Kyle should edit the footage anyways.  Things that don’t make sense.

Billy tries to discourage Jack from drinking more, and tells him no one has loved a son like John loved Jack.  Jack says, that is the same speech he gave Ash.  Billy says this isn’t about Ash, it is about Jack and how he worshipped John, and he still does.  That was how good John was to Jack. He says that is what makes a family, their family, and it is not ever going away.  He convinces Jack that they should go home, sure that everyone’s worried.  As they are about to leave, Prick slithers up to the bar, and disingenuously says that he really is sorry about what happened at the theatre.  It was such a lovely, sweet tribute to his mother, what a shame to have it ruined with such an unexpected ending.  Jack scowls that he is sure Prick enjoyed every minute of it.  Prick says, no he didn’t, and that one shouldn’t find out about one’s parentage in such a brutal public manner.  Jack moves toward Prick, and Billy stops him and says they are going home.  Jack turns and leaves followed by Billy, and Prick stands there with that smug self-satisfied look on his face.

Kyle is pouring himself a drink and snidely says that it is good to know if he has feelings that aren’t shiny and happy about his father, then it obviously means that he hates him and wants him to suffer.  Well, Kyle, you said it.  Abby challenges him and asks him why he even wanted to move in with the Abbotts if he is so miserable with this family.  Very good question, Abby!  He says, she is missing the point.  He may be in the house, but he is outside of the family.  He always has been.  What, is he 10 years old?!  Abby scoffs and reminds him that he was living in NY off of the Abbott money, and he replies that he was busting his butt so that his dad would maybe notice him, but never did.  Wah, wah, wah!!  He says, guess who did?  Abby snarks, oh yeah, her father took him under his wing.  Ash asks Kyle why he thinks Prick did that.  Kyle sarcastically answers that it couldn’t be that he lived with him on and off, or that he might actually like him, or even respect him.  Ash says he might be confusing Prick being fond of him with him having a use for him. Ash says they have all made that same mistake and have had to learn that lesson.  Abby says her dad can be very convincing and when he shines his light on you it can be dazzling.  But, she says, even as his daughter, she knows he expects a big return on his investment.  Ash says he expects even more from people outside his family.  Ash asks him what deal he struck with Prick, and Kyle takes umbrage, and complains, the insults keep coming.  Kyle talks about the feud between Prick and Jack and says that everyone paints Prick as the villain.  He says that may change when people realize Jack doesn’t have sacred Abbott blood running through his veins.  Way to tip your hand, Kyle. Abby is horrified that Kyle can say that about his own father, and he challenges her on how she can defend him after what he did to Abby’s mother, using her parentage to make sure she didn’t take his place.  He asserts it was not just business, it was personal and that Jack just had to remind her that she never really belonged.  Traci walks in, and says, what is wrong with them?  She has just gotten Dina to sleep and now they decide to start bickering!  She says they are all Abbotts, they stick together, or have they just abandoned that concept?  Jack and Billy arrive home.  Jack is emotional and tells them that he needs them all more than they will ever know.

The Winters are at CL having dessert, but Charlie is still really troubled and thinks everyone will think he messed up.  He is questioning himself whether he screwed up.  He thinks he got sloppy but can’t understand what happened.  They convince him that he didn’t screw up, and then he says, then who did it, who ruined everything for the Abbotts?

Jack wants to know the same thing and is asking his family.  He wants to know how that scene got there when it wasn’t in the preview screening.  Abby says she did the interview when Dina said those things, but it wasn’t supposed to be in the documentary.  She can’t figure out how it got there.  Jack wants to know why Abby didn’t come to him and tell him what Dina said, and Ash says that was her decision.  She explains that Abby came to her for guidance.  They explain that they wanted to wait to tell him, and they explain that they did a DNA test.  He is a little shocked that they would do that without his permission, but he asks about the results, and Abby says that she is so sorry, Uncle Jack.  Traci and Billy look upset for Jack, who looks stricken.  He is upset that they kept this secret from him all this time and not a word from them.  Abby says they hoped it wasn’t true, but Jack replies that they then knew the truth, and says, this is some little secret between the two of them.  Abby says they couldn’t see what good would come from telling him.  Ash says she wanted to spare him the pain, that it is agony, and no one knows that better than she.  The feeling that you can’t get enough air, that you never will.  She didn’t want him to go through that.  Jack is moved by that.  Jack says he assumes Traci was in on this too.  Abby insists no one else knew, as Kyle looks like a weasel beside her.  Kyle says it is like they lost something huge today.  Jack says, only they haven’t, they don’t know if it is true.  Abby says she doesn’t know how they get around the test results, the facts.  Jack emotionally says that Billy told him there are other facts, the bond he shared with his father, the things he learned from him, how to lead by example, and Ash says, his stick-to-it-iveness, and Traci smiles and agrees.  Jack describes being a kid at Jabot when a VP took him aside and told him no one was like his father, and he should not take him for granted.  Jack said that stuck with him and he has spent his entire life trying to live up to him, to be the son he deserves, and he breaks down sobbing, as they all look on, with weasel Kyle looking slightly uncomfortable or maybe he is just loving it.  He seems to have the same expression for both.

At CL Lily and Cane present Charlie with his mini-Oscar.  Charlie is uncomfortable as his family fusses over him, and they applaud him and encourage him to make a speech.  He thanks CL and the coffee that kept him up, and he thanks his family.  He says he has a car waiting and a meeting to take.  The whole thing is wholesome family fun and jibing and they do a group hug.

Billy says they don’t know if it is true.  The DNA test could be wrong.  Traci says she wants this whole thing to be a big mistake, and Kyle says no one wants it to be true.  Really, Kyle?  Abby and Ash say this emotional chaos is exactly what they didn’t want and why they destroyed the only copy.  Jack asks how that clip got in there and Abby says it is her fault.

Lily is with Charlie at CL and is trying to reassure him and bolster his confidence.  She explains that things happen, and then you just put your head down and try again.  Cane checks in with Lily, and they are about to leave, and Cane says he has to make a quick stop at the office, so the rest of them leave.

An upset Abby says the interviews were her idea, she asked all the questions and led her down the different paths.  She says she should have stopped when Dina said John was not Jack’s father.  She should have deleted the footage.  If she had just thought for two seconds, then maybe they could just go on….and Kyle finishes her sentences and says, living a lie.  Billy says that is premature.  Kyle says, it might not be true, he hopes it isn’t, but they all know it is possible. Traci agrees that they all know what Dina was capable of back then.  Ash says that they know what she put their father through.  Jack recalls the night Dina left.  The girls were very young.  Traci couldn’t stop crying, she climbed into Ash’s bed, John was trying to help them get to sleep. Jack says his dad came to the kitchen to find him and made two root beer floats.  His father told him he couldn’t do it alone, and asked Jack to promise he would help him look after his sisters.  They shook on it like men.  Jack and Traci are emotional.  Kyle says, after that, John had to be both parents, and he pulled it off.  Dina arrives and is pissed because they are talking behind her back.  She tells Kyle that this family thrives on keeping secrets.  Ash tries to get her to go to the kitchen but Dina is on a tear.  She says John would not put up with this, the whispers and looks. He would be furious with them.  She says their relationship was an honest one.  Jack looks like he is going to explode.  Traci agrees with Dina saying John was very trustworthy.  Dina says that is why she was devoted to him and he was to her. She says they built their family on love and honour and respect.  And Jack calmly says: will you please shut the hell up.  Then he raises his voice and says: the family you built, you took a sledgehammer to it.  She says: John, how can you say that?  He shouts:  I am not John.  John is your husband, remember him, the one you left behind with three kids you didn’t give a damn about, the one who treated you kindly, who showed you love?  How did you treat him?  Traci says that is enough and ushers a very upset Dina out of the room and admonishes Jack with a look.  Dina is pitifully saying: what have I done, why is he saying these things to me?  Traci is comforting her.  Kyle, of all people, tells Jack he doesn’t want this, it may feel good…and Jack is on a roll and loudly says he doesn’t want this revisionist history, mocking their deep abiding love, their bond.  He says that she announced to all of them that she had been unfaithful from the first day of their marriage.  Now everyone who was in the theatre knows about it.  He wonders how many men she slept with while their father was building his legacy and paying the country club dues so she could troll the next pool boy or the next businessman, right under his nose.  Ash pushes back and says, so what, she is old, and she is confused and has no idea why he is yelling at her.  She says Dina cannot hurt their family anymore.  Jack is astounded, he says Dina, their dear sweet mother was on that screen, bragging about her conquests.  Abby says, no, she was ashamed, she was confessing.  Jack says she should be ashamed and he hopes it follows her to the grave.  Ash tells Jack he doesn’t mean that.  Jack says John Abbott is the only parent they ever had, and the only one he needed.  He is not going to let the demented blatherings of that woman ruin his life.  He says: to hell with your DNA test, I am not going to let my father be taken away from me.  The doorbell rings, and Billy says he will get rid of whoever that is.  It’s Cane, who insists that he needs to come in.  He apologizes but tells them his son is hurting and he needs to know why.  Abby says she thought she kept the footage from Charlie, she doesn’t know how it happened.  Cane makes it clear that Charlie never saw the footage and he didn’t put in the film, and that they saw the film and signed off on it.  Jack nods agreement.  Cane says they cannot blame his son, they controlled the footage; he says they can blame themselves.  And he leaves.  Kyle looks, I don’t know, constipated?  Jack looks pissed.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 18

Thanks @bannana 

Another great recap. 

yikes Kyle. What the fuck? What’s Mal setting up? How will viewers be satisfied? When every character on canvas and the day players take turns punching that POS in the face?

ugh

• Love 12
5 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

at soc, posts are restricted to 5000 characters so recapers have to stick to that.

also not allowed to inject opinions, only what happens on screen.

you are not allowed to bash the actors or posters...you can bash the characters.

but at least it is not a cesspool.

Thanks @valleycliffe.  It's good to know there is a recap out there since I am not always be able to post one.  They did a good job.

• Love 6