Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, bannana said:

I seriously do not recognize this show anymore.  It is a slap dash of weird scenes that have characters acting completely unlike themselves and with no regard to history.

Yes--and a transportation inconsistency!

Billy gets to use the Jabot jet, but Tracy, for heaven's sake, Tracy has commercial flight problems and has to take an overcrowded train from New York to FrozenAss Wisconsin. What?

In MY's strange world, pieces of human crap get rewarded and good people suffer.

• Love 18
On 2017-12-15 at 11:13 PM, HeatLifer said:

someone pls tell me this wasn't real dialogue. Pls.

The thing is I think Mal didn’t intend to stick it to Villy fans, I think he thought it was funny and an acknowledgment of them.

Thats how clueless and tone deaf he is.

• Love 14

So Jill is home( no mention of the park) she wants to sell Chancellor,  and take off again, oh, and give to the needy..very Jill( not)..

Victor knows that Nikki stole the money, but JT wasn't going to say anything( Victoria blabbed to her dad) , and Victor wants to tell Nikki himself, that he knows and there will be no charges..she is packing for jail is she?

For goodness sake Abby  tell Scott your pregnant, then we can move on from this stupid story.

.I loathe them all right now!

5 hours ago, DivaT said:

The show has no cohesion and scenes no purpose.  What are the stories? I don't know. 

I wish I knew, its all over the bloody place..

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

So Jill is home( no mention of the park) she wants to sell Chancellor,  and take off again, oh, and give to the needy..very Jill( not)..

Victor knows that Nikki stole the money, but JT wasn't going to say anything( Victoria blabbed to her dad) , and Victor wants to tell Nikki himself, that he knows and there will be no charges..she is packing for jail is she?

For goodness sake Abby  tell Scott your pregnant, then we can move on from this stupid story.

.I loathe them all right now!

I wish I knew, its all over the bloody place..

I'm expecting this to be where Victor forces Nikki back into their home and his (marital) bed. This octogenarian alpha male is the thing of every 1981 Harlequin romance reader's fantasy. How will we ever make it through the episode without swooning? 

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, DivaT said:

I'm expecting this to be where Victor forces Nikki back into their home and his (marital) bed. This octogenarian alpha male is the thing of every 1981 Harlequin romance reader's fantasy. How will we ever make it through the episode without swooning? 

He can be a cruel bastard, so who knows what he will do..

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

It was simply BIZARRE!

Jill's been written out of character many times, but never this badly. The only thing recognizable about Jill on that episode was Jess Walton. Selling Chancellor is all the sudden "just business"? That's was Tucker's line Mal, and complete opposite of Jill.  With Jill owning Chancellor was never about business. Everything has been intensely personal for Jill since day one.

Jill has no interest in business anymore, she has zero drive, or ambition, and doesn't have any concern about Kay (or Phillip's) Chancellor legacy, or the legacy of the Philip Chancellor's offspring, or even of Billy or Cane really. Her side of the conversation with Billy, Cane, and Jack felt like something like Tracy, Brock, or Mac would say. 

Maybe she's scheming??? That would be a fun twist, but it didn't sound like it. If she ends up selling Chancellor, she'll be Jill in name only, because like Kay, the Jill I watched for the last 40 years would do everything in her power to keep control until death.

• Love 12

Jill would never sell Chancellor. But show doesn't want Jess Walton around in any real capacity so it makes no sense for a non-character to own one of the major businesses on canvas. They need to bring Chance back. Devon should buy it. He should live in Kay's house. And then Chance should come back and say fuck this. Devon is Kay's grandson, no relation to Philip Chancellor. Chancellor should be MINE. So should the house. 

And Devon can say "My grandmother built the company up for years after Philip died..."

It would be new and fun and Hilary could live like Queen Bitch in that house. Devon as Kay's grandson was truly lame but it's done so either write for him or cut him loose.

Instead we have pasty ass Cane living there. ugh. 

Oh and Jack and Ashley are in some inexplicable business war while their mother is dying. And Jack wants to buy Chancellor, a multinational (as I understand it) FAR BIGGER than Jabot. Like he could even consider it.

I love Jack and love him in story but this is utterly stupid.

Mal is an idiot.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 18
On 12/15/2017 at 9:43 AM, PatsyandEddie said:

Or is Nikki throwing herself on the grenade that is Victor giving money to Kevin for his dirty work? Is she trying to save her boo from prison by incriminating herself?

I’d like to think that either Jill or Nikki bought the park. 

She will throw herself on his mercy.....or his dick... to get out of her non-crime?

• Love 2

Did Prick only give her $$$ in singles tucked in her bra?

The Billy bath begins as he gets deep into gambling because he's horney..the thugs come to Jack and he shrugs. Thugs beat up Jack and he apologizes to Billy for getting blood on his horse??? It could be cool if Jack flips out and PTS's over the past abuse and  Billy and Fauxliss have to face how shitty they behaved.... Jack never had his deserved breakdown.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, miamama said:

Jill would never sell Chancellor. But show doesn't want Jess Walton around in any real capacity so it makes no sense for a non-character to own one of the major businesses on canvas. They need to bring Chance back. Devon should buy it. He should live in Kay's house. And then Chance should come back and say fuck this. Devon is Kay's grandson, no relation to Philip Chancellor. Chancellor should be MINE. So should the house. 

And Devon can say "My grandmother built the company up for years after Philip died...

Then Chance can snap back with: "Seriously Devon? Phillip wasn't given a chance to build his company up. My grandfather didn't just die, your grandmother murdered him! Now get out, you have already been given more than your fair share for your blood connection, Kay left you 5X the money Brock & Mac received, be happy."

Chancellor Industries was never really an onscreen business, Kay did her business on the mansion set. Whenever they used Chancellor in story they would pair it up with Jabot or Newman. It was always worked in because another huge onscreen corporation was never needed.  If they didn't want to use JW, they should have had Jill working out of a Chancellor headquarters in Chicago, and coming back to visit periodically. It be much more believable than Jill on some never ending vacation, or having her turn into Florence Nightingale.

IMO it's a mistake not to use Jill. At the very least she should be used at Doug Davidson type levels. Besides Phillip III, no other character is mature enough for that mansion, or has been storied in to belong there yet. Jill should be in GC facilitating the transition, and setting up the next generation. We saw how awkward it was when Billy was all the sudden the owner. 

My idea would be bring back Chance. Jill mentors him into running Chancellor. (Billy & Cane can work there too if they want.) Hillary and Devon are the road to getting back together, until she meets and instantly falls for Chance. Hillary becomes pregnant & marries Chance. Hilary has the $, the Chancellor heir, and that prestigious Chancellor last name, but she's still drawn to Devon. Chance and Devon go into a never ending rivalry with Hillary continually stirring the pot.

Edited by LongtimeYRfan
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, LongtimeYRfan said:

Then Chance can snap back with: "Seriously Devon? Phillip wasn't given a chance to build his company up. My grandfather didn't just die, your grandmother murdered him! Now get out, you have already been given more your fair share for your blood connection, Kay left you 5X the money Brock & Mac received, be happy."

Chancellor Industries was never really an onscreen business, Kay did her business on the mansion set. Whenever they used Chancellor in story they would pair it up with Jabot or Newman. It was always worked in because another huge onscreen corporation was never needed.  If they didn't want to use JW, they should have had Jill working out of a Chancellor headquarters in Chicago, and coming back to visit periodically. It be much more believable than Jill on some never ending vacation, or having her turn into Florence Nightingale.

IMO it's a mistake not to use Jill. At the very least she should be used at Doug Davidson type levels. Besides Phillip III, no other character is mature enough for that mansion, or has been storied in to belong there yet. Jill should be in GC facilitating the transition, and setting up the next generation. We saw how awkward it was when Billy was all the sudden the owner. 

My idea would be bring back Chance. Jill mentors him into running Chancellor. (Billy & Cane can work there too if they want.) Hillary and Devon are the road to getting back together, until she meets and instantly falls for Chance. Hillary becomes pregnant & marries Chance. Hilary has the $, the Chancellor heir, and that prestigious Chancellor last name, but she's still drawn to Devon. Chance and Devon go into a never ending rivalry with Hillary continually stirring the pot.

nice.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, crowsworks said:

The Billy bath begins as he gets deep into gambling because he's horney..the thugs come to Jack and he shrugs. Thugs beat up Jack and he apologizes to Billy for getting blood on his horse??? It could be cool if Jack flips out and PTS's over the past abuse and  Billy and Fauxliss have to face how shitty they behaved.... Jack never had his deserved breakdown.

Oh yeah for sure. No one had a fuck to give for Jack's trauma. And knowing that he was just past a drug addiction Billy might have mentioned an iota of concern that him chasing Jack's wife and fucking her for months after Jack returned from captivity and then was shot in the chest point blank might cause Jack to relapse.

In fact as I recall Billy YELLED at Jack when he found out he'd been kidnapped and tortured (because he didn't protect Phyllis or some ish). And then shortly after that he hollered at Jack that he deserved to be back on the island with Kelly because Jack wasn't jumping at the chance to perjure himself (and risk Jabot's entire future) for Phyllis in some PassKey crap. (And none of this mentions Phyllis bitching at Jack at the same time for failing to protect/nurture/adore Billy the fucking loser constantly.)

<Rage blackout>

• Love 14

In most human realities, people would gaze upon Buttbiscuit and immediately think "the nasty immature manspreader who fucked his brother's wife with undisguised relish." They wouldn't be able to forget about it either, because Billy still scampers about town beclowning himself with a proud Phyllis at his side. People would actually feel sympathy for Jack while faking explosive diarrhea each time they got stuck talking to Nostrils McCrotchshot. "Oh hey, sorry to hear you aren't working right now, Billy. You're so talented and all. Excuse me. I just ate raw chicken and need to shit several of my major organs out. Have a good one!"

• Love 17
13 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

i think the change in jill came about after her health scare...she thought she was having a heart attack or something and it was shortly after that she and colin went on their world trip and do the stuff on her bucket list.

Jill actually did have a heart attack (she kept blowing off her chest pain as indigestion)...the show even had women's heart health PSAs at the end of some of the episodes.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

In most human realities, people would gaze upon Buttbiscuit and immediately think "the nasty immature manspreader who fucked his brother's wife with undisguised relish." They wouldn't be able to forget about it either, because Billy still scampers about town beclowning himself with a proud Phyllis at his side. People would actually feel sympathy for Jack while faking explosive diarrhea each time they got stuck talking to Nostrils McCrotchshot. "Oh hey, sorry to hear you aren't working right now, Billy. You're so talented and all. Excuse me. I just ate raw chicken and need to shit several of my major organs out. Have a good one!"

Vivid, NP, vivid! You were so missed!

• Love 9

I’ll be honest, I didn’t take you guys seriously about the Philly, Villy, Biltoria shit or Jill selling off Chancellor. JFCwhat has Mal done to MY show! Jill would never,  ever sell off that company and the horse’s name was fucking idiotic. Made me almost cry I was so pissed off ! 

Count Chocupire rides again. Such an asshole! Just FOAD you old goat. ?

Traci! ?

Dina! ?

Jack being ousted makes me furious. ?

• Love 10

JFC. Jack is not only ousted but he gets kicked in the balls by his offscreen kid. Why does every writer like to demolish Jack?

Ashley can fuck off any time now. Jack is taking on too much!!!! Instead of volunteering to look after Dina or asking Traci to move home she has him ousted as CEO??????? This was her only option???

He is looking after THEIR MOM. I can’t fucking believe Ashley uses this to seize power. Seriously Mal? This is the premise for Jack and Ashley going to war? That they are playing out their mommy abandonment issues in the boardroom while said mommy is at home with rapidly worsening Alzheimer’s??? Huh???

This. Makes. No. Sense.

And Philly flirt during the meeting as though she wasn’t Jack’s wife five minutes ago. As though they are a pair of teens forced into some boring grown up meeting.

”You look hot!” Billy texts.

UGH

• Love 14

The only thing I can guess is Kyle is worried about his father and that HE’S TAKING ON TOO MUCH.

So he is saving him from himself because offering to help is not an option in Mal’s version of the Abbott family.

Because no way would Kyle just fuck Jack over like this. 

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

What the fuck, Kyle?! What the fuck?

I sense a Jackheartattack coming. Maybe gangsters will kill Bill and jack can have his. His sibs will whine about how the guilt hurts ...them. Adam will return and child custody hearing 1001 will happen. Thrills I tells ya! Oh yeah, the computer vote by Kyle was diddled by Out of character Ravi. Cuz that's how he rolls...NOT!

Now me....

I'd have some mysterious person buy Chancellor...drive Jabot to the edge and then reveal that it was business whiz Adam working with Jack. How priceless would that be. Meanwhile, Adam gives Sully back to Sharon. Nick can join them if he likes. Adam remembers that he told Nink...Nick to look after his helpless widdle wifey and ISN'T a dick about it. But no that might be good and a twist and Mal only knows Philly Phucking.

Edited by crowsworks
  • Love 6

So what was the point of Ashley going to Victoria and threatening to sue Newman for stealing Ravi, thereby having the offer rescinded, only to dump Ravi and ask him if he is going to leave Jabot and take Victoria's offer? Though I am glad that silly pairing has come to an end. 

It seems like not only are the characters doing things that make no sense, it seems like there is a different writing team for each day, and they pay no attention to what has happened previously. It is the only explanation I can come up with for this mess. 

The idea that Jack could run Jabot as CEO from home while taking care of Dina was ridiculous. He already said he had hired more staff, so why not work at the office during the day? The whole story line is laughable, right down to Jack working from a little table in the living room, as if he does not have a home office.  When Jack was ousted as CEO as a result of Kyle's tie breaking vote, he must have wished he had kept in contact with Keemo.

Will Nikki tell Victor that she was rather be in a federal prison that a prisoner at the ranch, married to him? And yet another stupid storyline since Victoria knows that JT made the charges against Nikki go away, and that Victor had nothing to do with it. Ugh.  

• Love 7

Kyle voted non confidence against Jack?

Well fuck off Kyle..! 

I'm so angry that Jack is out. Abby the creep went right along with her mother of course. Ravi is better off without her imnsho.

Victor will forgive Nikki, if she comes home with his terms, what an asshole he is..ugh! 

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, crowsworks said:

I sense a Jackheartattack coming.

Hmm I wonder if this is where they're going. Ashley has mentioned John's heart attack caused by Jack multiple times of late. A heart attack would give Kyle a reason to come home. Which I'm guessing is happening soon.

It used to drive me bananas that every time Jack would fuck up John would collapse with a stroke or heart attack. I don't know how many times he had one or the other over the years but I recall thinking as soon as John was about to learn of Jack's offence, okay, here we go...

It's lazy and predictable but usually serves a purpose. In a good writer's hands (e.g. Bill Bell) such an event would force the Billy/Ashley in the story to examine their behaviour and face up to the consequences of it. But with Philly LOVING Mal this will likely just prove that they were all right. Jack is old and can't deal with anything.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, miamama said:

It's lazy and predictable but usually serves a purpose. In a good writer's hands (e.g. Bill Bell) such an event would force the Billy/Ashley in the story to examine their behaviour and face up to the consequences of it. But with Philly LOVING Mal this will likely just prove that they were all right. Jack is old and can't deal with anything.

You're right.  In Mal's hands, a Jack attack will end with Ashley and Billy calling the vet to schedule an appointment to have him put down.  Afterwards, Traci will recite all the reasons Jack was an unsatisfactory brother while Ashley and Billy fuck on John's desk before renaming the company Jabot by ButtBiscuit.

On a more ominous note, do you all think it's possible, or probable, that the ultimate winner in this crapfest will not be Ashley, but ButtBiscuit?  Jill's been lamenting his lack of purpose, lack of drive, she's selling Chancellor - Katherine is nothing more than a throwaway line designed to placate the long term fans (ain't working, dickheads), so perhaps Mal thinks merging Chancellor and Jabot under ButtBiscuit would be the perfect Jewel in Beely's crown.  

Hey Mal, over here, yeah, lemme tell ya something......

giphy.gif

Edited by boes
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, boes said:

So how long before Show will have Jack THANKING Ashley for her latest dirty double cross.  

If Traci goes along with this she can fuck off as well.

But I won't watch it.

Same. I read the recaps and won't watch this. Jack of course had his moment of "oh I knew Kyle would come through for me" smugness before the final humiliation.

And no doubt Dina will remind him yet AGAIN what a disappointment he was to John. Seriously Mal we've all seen PB's hurt face plenty. You can write something else for him.

I cannot believe that POS Billy voted against JACK. After everything he has done to him. He OWED him that vote. Absolutely owed him.

Ashley's argument was Jack gets too emotional and lets personal vendettas cloud his judgment as Billy and Phyllis sat in the room text fucking. That's the adulterous PASSKEY pair who cost Jabot half a million. It's all JACK JACK JACK. Billy has no responsibility for the family war that was at play. I mean come the fuck on.

Why am I even thinking about this??? aargh.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, boes said:

You're right.  In Mal's hands, a Jack attack will end with Ashley and Billy calling the vet to schedule an appointment to have him put down.  Afterwards, Traci will recite all the reasons Jack was an unsatisfactory brother while Ashley and Billy fuck on John's desk before renaming the company Jabot by ButtBiscuit.

Yup, and that will only use up about ten minutes of that particular episode.

And Traci will do her recitation in what's become The Hallway o' Doom at Jabot, just outside Jack's office--where Ravi got relieved of servicing duties in two minutes flat. [I'm gonna leave out the part where I try to figure out whom Mal's pandering to with each of these herky-jerky scenes.] And in scenes to follow! Billy and Ashley naughty-text each other in meetings, in elevators, over dinner!

Wow. I can't wait.

• Love 6

I don't understand why Ravi gets treated like such crap. I mean, Ashley apparently has a screw loose when it comes to nice men, but is Ravi being groomed to be the young Jack, shat on and tossed aside by those he cares about? Knowing his luck, Abby will realize her mother's leftovers are available and start sniffing Ravi's jock. 

• Love 11
Just now, NinjaPenguins said:

I don't understand why Ravi gets treated like such crap. I mean, Ashley apparently has a screw loose when it comes to nice men, but is Ravi being groomed to be the young Jack, shat on and tossed aside by those he cares about? Knowing his luck, Abby will realize her mother's leftovers are available and start sniffing Ravi's jock. 

Well, it IS time for her to retire Stench's, and I don't think Yanni By Fenmore wears one.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Oh, NP, I couldn't even work that one out either. Writers do this fairly large build-up, let it sag in the middle [enter MY], then just screw it up in two scenes. This has much the same effect on characterization and plot as that yogurt you mentioned does on the lower tract...

• Love 10
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:32 PM, LongtimeYRfan said:

It was simply BIZARRE!

Jill's been written out of character many times, but never this badly. The only thing recognizable about Jill on that episode was Jess Walton. Selling Chancellor is all the sudden "just business"? That's was Tucker's line Mal, and complete opposite of Jill.  With Jill owning Chancellor was never about business. Everything has been intensely personal for Jill since day one.

Jill has no interest in business anymore, she has zero drive, or ambition, and doesn't have any concern about Kay (or Phillip's) Chancellor legacy, or the legacy of the Philip Chancellor's offspring, or even of Billy or Cane really. Her side of the conversation with Billy, Cane, and Jack felt like something like Tracy, Brock, or Mac would say. 

Maybe she's scheming??? That would be a fun twist, but it didn't sound like it. If she ends up selling Chancellor, she'll be Jill in name only, because like Kay, the Jill I watched for the last 40 years would do everything in her power to keep control until death.

Yes. Bizarre indeed. And there is the little business of Devon having given Jill the money to buy Chancellor back from Victor or Jack or whomever held it after Katherine willed it to Victor after she died. Did MY not do a little research after he arrived on the scene a couple of years ago? Apparently not. I don't believe for one second that Devon would be okay with handing the company off to someone else without putting in at a very minimum his two cents worth if not more about this, and it doesn't even begin to deal with the fact that his biological father - and you, know, Katherine's son FFS - might have a little something to say about this as well, along with the other blood-related members of Katherine's family like her granddaughter and her grandson. I call bullshit on this stupid development. It doesn't deal with the reality of Katherine's legacy company and family members. And the stupidest - not to mention the most totally out of character shit I've seen in years is Jill of all people just blithely waving buh-bye to a company she fought and schemed to run for decades.

Another thing I've got big beef with is Nikki being prosecuted for raiding the Turd's bank accounts with Kevvie's help. She and the old ball and chain haven't formally divorced. She's still technically his wife and they both live in a community property state the last I checked. Those bank accounts may have been Victor's but she's entitled to half of every dime in them as long as they were not Newman accounts, and unless I'm mistaken, they've been identified as his personal, non-Newman bank accounts. I suppose there is the fact that she wasn't listed as a joint holder of those accounts, but I've got some news, as long she remains Victor's wife, even if her name isn't/wasn't on the accounts in his personal name, upon his death, she would have been entitled to at a minimum a dower's interest in them, though the proceeds would have had to have been entered into probate for resolution. So that idiocy is yet another example of MY's wretched ineptitude.

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Mal's an idiot and who knows where they go but that weird hotel sex stuff can't have been for nothing, right? Maybe Hillary gets wind of what happened and -- as the only person on show who seems to (for now) have Jack's back -- outs this on the Hillary Hour (which Ash will no doubt stop financing) or convinces a jilted Ravi to go after Ash for sex harassment.

Before Mal was official HW Ashley and Ravi seemed to either be moving to a relationship or not interacting. When Mal took over it went suddenly to booty calls. Which is why I think it will lead to something. 

And she has been very flip floppy. Saying "I have your back" or some shit re: Newman and then yesterday asking if he's going to go work for Newman after all (after dumping him). It was cruel. I wonder as I type this if his decision to stay at Jabot (and demand more or however he put it) means he's going dark.

Also she really insulted and humiliated him at the Abbott Thanksgiving. "You should take your pie," she said. Jesus.

Edited by miamama
thought of more stuff to add
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

She's still technically his wife and they both live in a community property state the last I checked. Those bank accounts may have been Victor's but she's entitled to half of every dime in them as long as they were not Newman accounts, and unless I'm mistaken, they've been identified as his personal, non-Newman bank accounts.

What she is entitled to after his death is not necessarily what she is entitled to when he's alive.  Community property is how marital assets are divided for divorce. In the event of divorce, all property is not subject to community property, only the marital assets. During the marriage, one can have separate bank accounts/investments and titles of property in one's own name.  A Will would determine who gets these, or a judge if there is no will.  If Turd's name is the only name on the account, she would not be able to access it legally.  And we know this because she had to conspire with/hire Kevin to remove the funds.  If she could just walk into the bank and transfer money out, why did she need Kev?  (and Mal, don't tell me she was too stupid to set up an offshore and that's why she needed Kevin.)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, pearlite said:

Billy and Ashley naughty-text each other in meetings, in elevators, over dinner!

I hope this was a typo...blech.

2 hours ago, miamama said:

Ashley has mentioned John's heart attack caused by Jack multiple times of late.

Tell me if I'm remembering this wrong, but didn't Ashley cause John to have a stroke that resulted from something that had to do with her & Terrible Tom?

28 minutes ago, miamama said:

Maybe Hillary gets wind of what happened and -- as the only person on show who seems to (for now) have Jack's back -- outs this on the Hillary Hour (which Ash will no doubt stop financing) or convinces a jilted Ravi to go after Ash for sex harassment.

I'd really like this!

As for Ashley...what she said about Jack isn't wrong, he can't unilaterally decide to purchase another business.  However, to go behind his back like this?  Again?  This is where she's wrong.  And whatever happened to Traci, little miss peace, love, and understanding?  Does that only apply to family members whose names don't begin with "J" and end in "ack"?

• Love 9