Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

(edited)

This storyline with Chloe/Kev/Bad acting Doc is draaaaging . I use FF though those scenes. Calling Chloe, Maggie drove me crazy! How stupid do they think the viewers are.

I love Mariah, I hate they make her look dowdy next to the scheming bitchy ex wife. 

Edited by F. M.
  • Love 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I wish the  Doctor Demento's house was a little more Gothic. When will Chloe discover the  good doctor likes to dress up in chiffon skirts, Doc Martens and flit around waving a glow stick to the lilting strains of My Chemical Romance? 

Fantastic recaps BBP and bananna!! I was laughing my ass off.

Help me out here, boes or bannana, please! The fabric on the couch, a vomitous gold and burgundy stripe, did it not adorn either Dimera or Kyriakis couch pre-redecoration?

Dr DementoDaddy's story bypassed the shark--it's a no-exit plotline. Not that I care.

Edited by pearlite
stripes are not strips
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, pearlite said:

Help me out here, boes or bannana, please! The fabric on the couch, a vomitous gold and burgundy stripe, did it not adorn either Dimera or Kyriakis couch pre-redecoration?

Dr DementoDaddy's story bypassed the shark--it's a no-exit plotline. Not that I care.

I have actually been studying that set trying to figure it out, and it does remind me of Days Martin House.  A bit.

So Kevin escapes death but is knocked unconscious and has multiple abrasions.  He then apparently walks all the way back to Demento palace.  In the meantime, Chloe remembered her ability to bonk people over the head.  She used a champagne bottle to knock out the Doc, and found the keys to escape.  But instead of giving him a second bonk for good measure, she ran to the door, got it open and then he grabbed her from behind.  He then injected her with a sedative.  But Kevin took advantage of the unlocked door and clomped Frankenstein monster-like into the house.  Doc ran for his gun, Kevin attacked him and the gun went off in the struggle.  But I guess it only hit the rhino statue because after the commercial break we see the Doc tied up.  Kevin carelessly leaves the gun on the sideboard beside the Doc, and he carries Choe out to the car, where they have a chat, with Kevin assuring her the Doc is no threat to them because he just attempted murder.  I kept waiting for him to run out of the house with the gun and shoot at them.  Maybe tomorrow.

So now Kevin and Chloe are in the Doc's car, with I assume little or no money.  What a pickle.  What about when the police find Kevin's car?

In other news:

• Maddie and Reed finally discovered who each other's parents are, and are really excited, but wait till they find out that...
  • Reed's mommy fired Maddie's daddy.
  • Juliet got her money but now she is confiding in Hillary that she feels bad about scamming on the sexual harassment charges.  She assures Hillary that Cane is the father and she expects him to be part of the child's life.
  • Jordan encourages Lily to kick Cane to the curb.
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, peacheslatour said:

Didn't someone else on Show clonk another character on the head no too long ago?  Was it Chloe clonking Chelsea?

Yes, Chloe clonked Chelz.  Before that she clonked Mariah.  With Adam, she fired a tranquilizer dart.  That's why her ineptitude here is baffling.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, bannana said:

Yes, Chloe clonked Chelz.  Before that she clonked Mariah.  With Adam, she fired a tranquilizer dart.  That's why her ineptitude here is baffling.

Yeah, she's really off her game. Where's the explosion? At least Adam got to go out in a firey maelstrom.

• Love 5
Just now, peacheslatour said:

Yeah, she's really off her game. Where's the explosion? At least Adam got to go out in a firey maelstrom.

I really don't know where they are going with this storyline.  Previews show that Mikey and Paul find out that Kevin never checked in for his vacay.  Are Chloe and Kevin just going to drive off into the sunset and never be seen again?

• Love 4
Just now, bannana said:

I really don't know where they are going with this storyline.  Previews show that Mikey and Paul find out that Kevin never checked in for his vacay.  Are Chloe and Kevin just going to drive off into the sunset and never be seen again?

Right, with no money, no connections and no identification. Should be a breeze. Or will they go running to Old Scratch for some new scratch?

• Love 6

I laughed out loud when Kevin Voorhies returned to Case NotGothic. 

On 7/1/2017 at 6:24 PM, boes said:

Pattycakes may as well start a group practice with Sheila.

I was surprised yesterday when Paul was strolling down mental case lane and the destination turned out to be Ricky, not Patty.  You know how Patty acts out when she's ignored. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Didn't someone else on Show clonk another character on the head no too long ago?  Was it Chloe clonking Chelsea?

Sharon vs Matt Clark? Just before she stuffed him in the trunk of a BMW?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, pearlite said:

Sharon vs Matt Clark? Just before she stuffed him in the trunk of a BMW?

That was awhile ago though. But good times. I think it's Chloe hitting Chelsea over the head with a candle stick or lamp. I can't recall. Chloe has knocking people out down pat.

• Love 4

We just saw the amazing body of Hillary on display after sexy times with Jordan and now they have her wearing an outfit that makes her look 4 months pregnant?  She looks more pregnant than Juliet.

Boy, these rooftop pool scenes are very cheesy.  Make it stop!  Maddie and Reed realize who each other's parents are and Maddie tells Lily, who looks stricken.  And Reed tells Victoria, who looks stricken and tells Reed she just fired Cane. 

Cane is fired, and begs for his job back!  Doofus.  Then he goes to visit Juliet and accuses her of setting him up from the beginning, planting the earring and the camisole.  He wants a paternity test .  Juliet seems very resistant and only reluctantly agrees. 

Chloe and Kev head back to GC, and in the time it takes to drive from Louisiana to GC through the wormhole, his injuries have also healed somewhat, but Mikey and Esther still wonder what happened to his face.  He says he took a spill hiking in Oregon and enjoyed it so much that he and Bella are moving there.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

We just saw the amazing body of Hillary on display after sexy times with Jordan and now they have her wearing an outfit that makes her look 4 months pregnant?  She looks more pregnant than Juliet.

Boy, these rooftop pool scenes are very cheesy.  Make it stop!  Maddie and Reed realize who each other's parents are and Maddie tells Lily, who looks stricken.  And Reed tells Victoria, who looks stricken and tells Reed she just fired Cane. 

Cane is fired, and begs for his job back!  Doofus.  Then he goes to visit Juliet and accuses her of setting him up from the beginning, planting the earring and the camisole.  He wants a paternity test .  Juliet seems very resistant and only reluctantly agrees. 

Chloe and Kev head back to GC, and in the time it takes to drive from Louisiana to GC through the wormhole, his injuries have also healed somewhat, but Mikey and Esther still wonder what happened to his face.  He says he took a spill hiking in Oregon and enjoyed it so much that he and Bella are moving there.

Did he leave Chloe in the trunk of Dr. Demento's car?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, peacheslatour said:

Did he leave Chloe in the trunk of Dr. Demento's car?

He must have!  Chloe wanted to go in to see Bella with him, because she is just an idiot, but he convinced her to stay hidden.

Nothing in the previews but I am half expecting Pricktor to show  up and tap on her passenger window.

But, I suppose this is the

Spoiler

exit story for Kevin, so presumably it goes off without a hitch.  Or anymore hitches.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I'm going to miss Kevin. I don't care what anyone says, but I like him a lot. He's probably my favourite character on canvas after Mariah.

I like him too. If they had to get rid of someone I wish it was Buttbiscuit or Noah. Or Cane.

• Love 12
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

I just googled "how early can a reliable paternity test be done" - I wonder what kind of ads I'll be getting now ??

they should be coming fast and furious...also ads for baby needs, maternity wear, and probably even lawyers...

so, what did google answer with?

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 4

Capricasix, well, this should get interesting! What are the bets that this is/isn't Cane's baby? I don't care as long as it gets this character off of my screen.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I like him too. If they had to get rid of someone I wish it was Buttbiscuit or Noah. Or Cane.

I like Noah. I like him along with Kevin and Mariah. Yes to Buttbiscuit or Cane. Or Neil.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I like Noah. I like him along with Kevin and Mariah. Yes to Buttbiscuit or Cane. Or Neil.

Ooh, Kneel , good one. I didn't think of that. Noah is just sooo boring. I don't know what they can do with his character, he's so ever lovingly bland.

• Love 3

Have they ever bothered developing his character? The last time I remember being invested in him was back when he was dating Eden and trying to get emancipation from Dumb and Dumber. But as an adult, he's basically been the Y&R equivalent to Thomas Forrester  (or rather, what he was until about maybe a year ago). If TPTB could walk that character back from The Misunderstanding(tm) with Caroline and all the other creepy shit between his obsession with Brooke and trying to kill Rick, there's certainly hope for Noah who has nothing even close to that in his history.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I'm going to miss Kevin. I don't care what anyone says, but I like him a lot. He's probably my favourite character on canvas after Mariah.

8 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

You're both right.  Even with the cheerfully horrible things I say about Kevin, I'd take him in a heartbeat over ButtBiscuit or Cane, or Kneel or even Darvon.  Those characters, except for Kneel a long time ago, have never done anything for me.  In the case of ButtBiscuit, it's worse....I'm pretty sure sustained exposure can cause organ failure, hair growth in unexpected places, sleeplessness, and you should not operate heavy machinery after viewing.

Noah should be better utilized.  He was a promising character when Kevin Schmidt played him.  But since he was sorased and Adamson took over, he's resembled a well maintained but empty house, all nougat with no caramel center.  He's pretty but he ain't no aktur.

Edited by boes
Mixing my metaphors made me hungry
  • Love 9

Sigh ... I haven't watched this show in ages and I just checked back in. It is so dull. Cane is still insufferable, and the actor is terrible. The woman he's acting with is also dull. Their scenes are more effective than sleeping pills. Kevin/Chloe. What is all that? Sure, Maddy is an intellectual. How do we know this? She wears glasses! 

Bleh

• Love 4
21 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

?We just saw the amazing body of Hillary on display after sexy times with Jordan and now they have her wearing an outfit that makes her look 4 months pregnant?  She looks more pregnant than Juliet.

the 'Fashion' world keeps trying to do the ultra high waisted pants. this look is right up there with the puffy hammer time pants  as flattering no one on earth. Do you want to look like Hammer or Gene Kelly? 

does Victoria ever eat? She's almost transparent. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, crowsworks said:

the 'Fashion' world keeps trying to do the ultra high waisted pants. this look is right up there with the puffy hammer time pants  as flattering no one on earth. Do you want to look like Hammer or Gene Kelly? 

Today Abby is wearing the same preggo skirt!

Victoria is super skinny and also wearing very form fitting clothing.  She does this weird new stance and walk in those tight dresses, where she pats her thighs.  Odd.

• Love 3

Drinki is back and she is pretending to be excited and feeling great.  Nick is onto her and confronts her about it.  She assures him she is fine and plays for him.  He pretends to leave but is still in the house when he sees her break down while playing. 

Kevin is seriously planning on taking Bella, like right this minute.  Not suspicious at all.  And why wouldn't Esther say, okay, fine, I'll come with you.  He and Mikey reminisce (with flashbacks) and say goodbye.  Then Kev is with Bella at the Chancellor Park Terrace Café.  Chelz shows up and they make up.  Kev says it is time to take off, and Chelz asks where they are going.  Bella says they are going to see mommy.  Whoops.

There was a lot of boring Sharon/Chelz/Scott stuff.  Anvils around Sharon's Dad, and Scott's Dad, but aren't they both dead?

Prick is trying to win Drinki back with jewels and clothing; he shows Abby and she is impressed.  She also wonders why there are no more Newman family dinners, and why Vic, Nick and Drinki never pop by the office anymore.

Previews:  Nick encouraging Prick to cancel the concert; Cane telling the twins he was fired; Vic telling Lily that Cane left her no choice.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Have they ever bothered developing his character? The last time I remember being invested in him was back when he was dating Eden and trying to get emancipation from Dumb and Dumber. But as an adult, he's basically been the Y&R equivalent to Thomas Forrester  (or rather, what he was until about maybe a year ago). If TPTB could walk that character back from The Misunderstanding(tm) with Caroline and all the other creepy shit between his obsession with Brooke and trying to kill Rick, there's certainly hope for Noah who has nothing even close to that in his history.

It's a curse for legacy kids of huge couples to end up being vanilla and bland and just there. Maybe they don't want to sully the kid too much as they're next generation, but Nick and Victoria were well drawn characters by actors that fit their roles. HT as Victoria was rebellious but seeking dad's love in all the wrong places; Nick was his mother's son who like his father was going to fall for the girl on the wrong side of the tracks. The only way Noah could drawn drama and distinction against his parents is if he basically had turned out to be more like Adam Newman - ruthless like his grandfather, nothing ever being enough, scheming to take over the world. But since he's the oldest male grandchild with Connor and Johnny well behind him in age, he doesn't have to scrap for Victor's attention and really had no reason to be hungry for Newman Enterprises the way Victoria and Adam were.

In a weird way, the show didn't build a generation for Noah to grow up and rival with. Connor and Johnny are already guaranteed to be at each other's throats - cousins who are biological half brothers whose fathers are mortal enemies. If those boys make it to teen years and beyond they will always be locked into a love-hate/Cain and Abel saga. Noah really doesn't have anyone. Had Kyle been better developed that could've worked but I'd honestly have rather had them fall in love but Kyle's need to avenge his father and mother always be a point of contention between them.

• Love 3

I like Abby's skirt! I couldn't wear it, because I'm short and stumpy, but it looks great on her with the blue blouse (I love the colour).

Michael's voice does sound weird. It actually sounds like somebody dubbed his lines in.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

I like Abby's skirt! I couldn't wear it, because I'm short and stumpy, but it looks great on her with the blue blouse (I love the colour).

Michael's voice does sound weird. It actually sounds like somebody dubbed his lines in.

I guess I spend my whole life trying to find clothing that doesn't show my tummy, it seems odd to emphasize it in the opposite way, especially when they are so slender.  When Hil was wearing and sat down I would have sworn she was preggers, if we hadn't just seen her in her underwear!

Yes, something was wrong with Mikey's voice; I assumed he had a cold but it had a weird pitch.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, crowsworks said:

I have an hour glass shape and freakishly long legs, I love wearing high waisted jeans.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I have an hour glass shape and freakishly long legs, I love wearing high waisted jeans.

lucky devil...

i'm short.......short-waisted to boot...dr. once told me i was built for having babies...

but i can see abby looking great in that outfit cause she is so tall and slender.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

lucky devil...

i'm short.......short-waisted to boot...dr. once told me i was built for having babies...

but i can see abby looking great in that outfit cause she is so tall and slender.

I'm short too, 5'3'. I just have weird long legs. Lol, I take a longer inseam than my 5" taller husband.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Capricasix said:

I was thinking the same thing... but it definitely sounded like his voice, it just didn't match his expressions as he was saying the lines and the volume seemed 'off'. So weird. I'm glad someone else noticed, I thought I was going crazy (er).

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Capricasix said:

What if he wasn't dubbed, what if......... he's Paulie's ventriloquist dummy?

That would explain so much, not only about the Genoa City justice system, but also Michael's devotion to Lauren aka Badgerhead.

giphy.gif

• Love 12
7 hours ago, bannana said:

Today Abby is wearing the same preggo skirt!

Victoria is super skinny and also wearing very form fitting clothing.  She does this weird new stance and walk in those tight dresses, where she pats her thighs.  Odd.

Victoria reminds me of Joan in Bette and Joan. Big thick black eyebrows. Scary fact. Bette and Joan were only in their 50's in Baby Jane - being played by actresses in their 70's and they had to.  make them look more haggered. Smokin' and hard livin'.

• Love 1

Kevin actually does it, he says goodbye to Bella's two grandmas and moves to "Oregon" with Bella.  I guess we are to presume that no one from GC ever visits them in the future?

Drinki has been looking pretty great lately, but Prick bought her a truly fugly Chelz 2.0 gown that makes her look like a golden sausage.  And then that horrific 100 lb necklace on top of it.

• Love 10