Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

So Nick caved and told the big secret to Sharon. So now it's Victor, Sharon, Nikki, Victoria and Nick all know. Yet he doesn't take the advice of Sharon and instead just tells Chelsea he loves her not the truth.

• Love 7
On 6/20/2017 at 3:53 PM, peacheslatour said:

From when he was on Here Come the Brides? I was hot for the oldest brother. Then again, I've always had a thing for older men.

I think my 14 old self's crush was even older...David McCallum and Ducky is still dishy at 86.

Wana bet Juliet is preggers? PROOF.

Proof at least that she joined Chels as a girl rapist at least.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

So Nick caved and told the big secret to Sharon. So now it's Victor, Sharon, Nikki, Victoria and Nick all know. Yet he doesn't take the advice of Sharon and instead just tells Chelsea he loves her not the truth.

LOL  just another chip in the wall....soon it will crumble from a lack of foundation..

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Artsda said:

I am not sure that is what happened, unless there was a scene I missed.  Nick told Sharon that Pricktor broke Adam out of prison and that is what led to his death.  And this is the reason why the family is furious with him.  However, Drinki aided and abetted in the break-out.  And Chelz was in on it.  So why would Nick have to tell Chelz?

Did I miss a scene where he told Sharon about Prick getting Chloe released and using her to get Adam imprisoned?

There was a good scene where Mariah and Tessa are at Sharon's, celebrating, and Mariah tells Sharon that: someone very close to me asked Tessa to make a lifelong commitment and she said yes.  Sharon rushes forward and says, he didn't!  Then Mariah reveals that she was referring to Devon and the recording deal, whereas Sharon was thinking Noah and engagement.

I also liked the Gra-yum and Glo steam room scenes.

• Love 7
On 6/11/2017 at 10:16 AM, Big Blue Plate said:

Oh and Erica Cane was married eight times to ten different men

Forgive me if my brain is being foggy, but I'm still trying to figure out how this is possible.  Did she get a 2 for 1 husband special?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Forgive me if my brain is being foggy, but I'm still trying to figure out how this is possible.  Did she get a 2 for 1 husband special?

i think it's supposed to be the other way around because she married 2 men twice.

adam chandler was one of them and for the life of me i can't think of the other ones name.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, valleycliffe said:

i think it's supposed to be the other way around 

OK, thanks, because that's what I was thinking.  I never saw the show she was on (was it AMC?), but the way soaps go, I guess anything is possible!

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, ByTor said:

OK, thanks, because that's what I was thinking.  I never saw the show she was on (was it AMC?), but the way soaps go, I guess anything is possible!

ok, i guess i was wrong about how many times to how many men.

from erica kane wikipedia page

Marriages and relationships[edit]

"Erica truly believes when she gets married that it's going to last. She's one of those people—when she says those vows, she means them. She's really very old-fashioned in that she gets married instead of just saying 'I've been married enough, I'm going to just live with someone.' She's still searching for that home with mommy and daddy and children. The home she didn't have."

Megan McTavish, Soap Opera Weekly[47]

The character has been married to multiple men, some more than once. Seven of her marriages to six different men have been valid, while four of her other marriages are invalid. Generally, the number of times Erica has been married is named as ten,[48] though the total of her valid and invalid marriages, plus her 1991 vow renewal with Adam Chandler, would come up to eleven. Along with the marriages, the character is also given a number of other love interests. The motivation behind the multiple romances stems from the character's need to fill the void her father left when he abandoned her.[18]

the page then goes on to list all her marriages to the different men explaining them.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

She sounds just like my mom did in the months before she died.

Sorry about your mother.

My father died of lung cancer. Many years of smoking. Jess must be/or has been a heavy smoker with that voice.

• Love 4
On 6/24/2017 at 10:22 AM, valleycliffe said:

LOL  just another chip in the wall....soon it will crumble from a lack of foundation..

at the wedding of course.

Talking about Erica reminded me of the soras problem on OLTL - I think Asa was a great-great-great-great grandfather.

• Love 3

I know she was a smoker - don't know if she still is - but I thought she just sounded like she had a cold or throat infection.  Anyway, I also thought she looked great... she's plainly lost weight.... long time since she's been seen in anything but dark pants and sort of a flowing, loose jacket.  The form fitting dress looked really good on her.  She looked good.

• Love 9

OMG. I thought the Philly shit was bad yesterday, but TODAY? A whole new level of nasty. That montage of them fucking everywhere was so nauseating. Make it stop, pls. I've never seen a pairing pushed so hard to be hot in my soap viewing life.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

^^Just coming here to say the same. The background music was totally puke  worthy too ?. 

I don't get it anymore, tbh. They're no longer having an affair. There's no reason to continue to write these scenes as if they're fucking for the first time. Is this all they believe the actors can do? Is this all the actors want to do? It's weird. 

• Love 12

I agree. That sexy time between B & P was puke worthy. Just stop trying to make them happen. They have no chemistry, no heat, no nothing for me. And, as someone previously said, Phy really needed a better bra in that red thing she was wearing. They're not supposed to hang down to your elbows, girl.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I agree. That sexy time between B & P was puke worthy. Just stop trying to make them happen. They have no chemistry, no heat, no nothing for me. And, as someone previously said, Phy really needed a better bra in that red thing she was wearing. They're not supposed to hang down to your elbows, girl.

They honestly have no chemistry to me either. At some point the sex shit just gets old and overdone. And it's way past that point for these two.

• Love 11
20 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

I know she was a smoker - don't know if she still is - but I thought she just sounded like she had a cold or throat infection.

I thought she even said at the beginning of the scene that she had a cold, I just assumed she had one IRL as well.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, it could be, but I didn't think so.  I didn't see if she looked sick, I just had it on in the background.

She didn't look too good to me and she has lost weight. I hope it's nothing serious.

I still am not buy what Juliette is selling, my question would be, who is she working with? Or is she working alone.

I kind of wonder if Jordan is working with her, or is that too far reaching. 

Meh, I'll just write it the way I like :) 

• Love 1

Wow, Friday's episode was bizarre!  I have never seen so many July 4th decorations (both at CL and GCAC).  Nor have I ever seen so may people who all managed to dress in red white and blue patriotic swim suits and cover ups.  It was a fun game trying to count  them.  Mind you, I am a Canuck and have only been to the US on the 4th two times, but one was for a wedding and it was nothing like this.

And what is with Show displaying all those banging bodies?  It was kind of a visual overload, just like the decorations.  And no food anywhere?  I guess no one can eat and look that good.

Devon didn't bother to even hide his lust for Hillary while Mariah was right there with him.  It was embarrassing.  Watch closely, he is ogling her from afar in many scenes.   She should have walked out on him.

But the big story was that Dr. Demento lost his wife and college-aged daughter in a car accident, and Chloe is actually the stand-in for his daughter.  Sadly Chloe only learns this after Kevin is allowed to leave to go fetch Bella and bring her back to their prison, which Kevin has convinced Chloe they can escape from and run far away and live happily ever after.  Doc, however, tells Chloe Kevin is never coming back; he put his plan in motion.  Then we see Kevin driving and it appears something is wrong with the car, although it actually sounded like he ran over something.  Is the Doc planning on killing Kevin so that he can keep Chloe to himself?  Creepy.

• Love 11
(edited)
32 minutes ago, bannana said:

But the big story was that Dr. Demento lost his wife and college-aged daughter in a car accident, and Chloe is actually the stand-in for his daughter.  Sadly Chloe only learns this after Kevin is allowed to leave to go fetch Bella and bring her back to their prison, which Kevin has convinced Chloe they can escape from and run far away and live happily ever after.  Doc, however, tells Chloe Kevin is never coming back; he put his plan in motion.  Then we see Kevin driving and it appears something is wrong with the car, although it actually sounded like he ran over something.  Is the Doc planning on killing Kevin so that he can keep Chloe to himself?  Creepy.

I can take back from the dead, I can accept previously unknown twins/siblings, evil or otherwise, I can even go with the flow on plastic surgery that's SOOO good even private parts are made to match, but TWO men who want Chloe?  TWO people who can't live without her???

Come ON, Show, that is a bridge too far.

Edited by boes
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, boes said:

I can take back from the dead, I can accept previously unknown twins/siblings, evil or otherwise, I can even go with the flow on plastic surgery that's SOOO good even private parts are made to match, but TWO men who want Chloe?  TWO people who can't live without her???

Come ON, Show, that is a bridge too far.

He even affectionately tapped her nose with his forefinger whilst telling her how important she is to him.  Shivers!

• Love 6
(edited)

The doc is wiggy( and a poor actor) He's obviously just been given a new storyline. The brand new photo album of his deceased daughter ( rolls eyes.)

Devon lusting after Hillary was OTT.and very rude.!

Then we see Kevin driving and it appears something is wrong with the car, although it actually sounded like he ran over something.  Is the Doc planning on killing Kevin so that he can keep Chloe to himself?  Creepy.

Sounded like a tire burst, I'm sure he wants Kevin dead. He did say to Chloe, Kevin isn't coming back. The sooner this storyline ends the better.

Edited by F. M.
  • Love 3

Pet peeve:  Every single mental health professional on Y&R is a Class A nutbar.  Not one competent one in the bunch.  Pattycakes may as well start a group practice with Sheila.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, IOU Payne said:

Pet peeve:  Every single mental health professional on Y&R is a Class A nutbar.  Not one competent one in the bunch.  Pattycakes may as well start a group practice with Sheila.

If ButtBiscuit and Phyllis would go to them for couples counseling I'd pay their premiums.

• Love 10
On 6/28/2017 at 5:47 PM, HeatLifer said:

And, as someone previously said, Phy really needed a better bra in that red thing she was wearing. They're not supposed to hang down to your elbows, girl.

It was a tribute....the "Tube socks with tennis balls" look ... a flashback to the halcyon days of yore. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, boes said:

If ButtBiscuit and Phyllis would go to them for couples counseling I'd pay their premiums.

Why? Those two don't deserve therapy, they deserve to taken out to the middle of nowhere and be left to the tender mercies of rattle snakes, scorpions and coyotes.

• Love 9
Just now, peacheslatour said:

Why? Those two don't deserve therapy, they deserve to taken out to the middle of nowhere and be left to the tender mercies of rattle snakes, scorpions and coyotes.

I'd be interested in seeing what..... help ..... Sheila and/or Patty would give this couple.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, boes said:

I'd be interested in seeing what..... help ..... Sheila and/or Patty would give this couple.  

Patty would be no help because she wants Jack away from Phyllis and would encourage this awful coupling. 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Patty would be no help because she wants Jack away from Phyllis and would encourage this awful coupling. 

But maybe Patty would take one look at Der ButtBiscuit and switch her obsession to him.  He could borrow Ronn Moss' speedo, stuff it with that 12 pack of athletic socks you can get at CostCo for only 3.99 and make her dreams come true.

And Phyllis can be matched up with Mr. Kitty.

Some real love in the afterlife.....I mean, afternoon.

• Love 12
(edited)

It's the 4th and the GCAC is throwing a rooftop pool party to celebrate!  So the show that goes on location for those exciting parking lot scenes and then up to a real rooftop quick quick quick to fake a fake park, decides to hold it's pool party on set, indoors so everything is cast in an oddly gray light.  Let the fun begin!

Open on Hillary, with her handsome if unimpressed man statue Jordan (who for some reason all this time I thought was called Marcus).  She is seeing Mal's gray and raising it chill because she's cold as ice to Jordcus, who's persisting in any event.  He is shirtless.  He is cut.  He seems unsnively - and more about Devonstar later... but enough for now that IMO Hillary should consider who she was banging and who she could be banging.  Factor out a billion dollars or so and all things aren't equal. 

Downstairs, Devon and Neil are talking business, or what passes for it on Y&R.  Neil announces he's planned all the way to Q4 and chief among his goals is to maintain a steady cashflow.  Wow.  Steady cash flow.  Is there no end to his genius?  Devon doesn't think so.  He observes:  Dad, you're the smartest businessman I know.  Ruh roh.  Can Dina get her money back?  But anyway enough fussing with the till, it's time to par-tay!  The only sad thing is Lily is so upset this 4th due to the machinations and reliable fertility of her erstwhile husband, Barnabas Collins II, whom neither Devon nor Neil think is a very nice man.  And these guys understand the importance of cash flow, so really, human nature is like rolling out of bed. 

At Crimson Lights Sharon and Neanderthal are chatting about Nick's general suspicion that Scott is not necessarily... well, there's something that make Nick scratch his head.  Sharon says things like please be happy for me, but what she really means is mind your own business, nobhead.  On cue, enter Poldim (he being sort of Poldark light,) and he and Nick act macho about their wimminfolk.   (Poldim has just had a long conversation with Paul, who proves again he is to detective work what Neil is to business, as he frets about Kevin's lengthy disappearance and then goes into confusing monologue about loving someone who is bad and can't be saved... I thought he meant Patty but it turned out he meant the son he shot and killed.  Poor Paul... Detective Inspector Willy Loman when you think about it. 

Meanwhile, down in Louisiana, Chloe (the bad you cannot kill, apparently) and Kevin, are moaning about how bored they are locked up in Dr. Doogie Hoser's Sears Furniture Showroom house.  Kevin's had it and he's gonna escape them all.  But first he has to go get Ding dong, who is back in Genoa City being raised by?  Esther?  Gloria?  Wolves?

So back at the pool party, Devon and Neil show up, fairly stripped down, and while I fear Neil has lost some brain function to age, he's still stacking up in the stacked category.  He and Devon and both sporting a series of tattoos and strutting about casing the joint in a vaguely Wild and Crazy Guys kind of way.  And they're getting about as much action.  I don't recall what becomes of Neil - so it wasn't a plot more - but for the balance of the episode Devon is seen in a variety shots (medium, close, fuzzy long) staring with jealousy at Hillary and Marcdan as they rub oil on each other.  They've made up and its full steamy ahead.   Because it's summer under gray skies.  

Elsewhere, Noah and Tessa find the road to love rocky because he's inarticulate and she's too willing to assume each half sentence means the end of that.  I think they've found some level of happy confusion by the time their tedious scenes end but I wouldn't call the movers or a wedding planner.  That's drama for ya.  And at Coffee Central, in a timeworn cliche, Poldim decides Sharon is swamped - swamped I tell ya - with customers and he'll just step in.  Well, doesn't he just learn his lesson about how hard it is to run a steam machine and make a coffee these days.  He and Sharon do justice to Y&R's deft capacity for romcom dialogue... a highlight second only to the writer's authentic grasp of business.  I'd quote some but I got so bored they are currently checking to see if I died.  

But the real kicker is down in Louisiana, where Doogie Hoser is apparently Dr. Demento.  (That Victor sure can pick 'em!  After Patty, you'd think when he hires somebody to enact one of his evil schemes he would ask for sanity references.)  Turns out Chloe resembles Dr. Dorian Gray's long dead daughter.  (she died in her twenties.  In a car wreck.  So like, he must have left out the teen pregnancy storyline (which being Y&R shocks me) because he's what... forty himself?  Anyway, Chloe resembles his dead daughter - and not just because she's spent her fair share of time in a casket - so the good doctor wants to keep Chloe around all to himself.  He even boops the end of her nose.  Oh and by the way, he tells her, Kevin's not coming back because... cut to Kevin, driving along a deserted road (which so often characterizes the trip to the airport, I find) and suddenly... well there's a pop.  I think it's a blow out.  We'll have to tune in... well in about ten minutes at this end.  That's drama.  (I give them credit, the crazy doctor imprisoning somebody is pure soapy goodness... very retro... except why are they blowing on a character who is supposed to be leaving the bloody show?  Sally and her Big Pen... breaking all the rules.)

Edited by Big Blue Plate
  • Love 16

Oh, lordy, this was another weird mashup of an episode, with more of the pool party nekkidness playing opposite the Dr. Demento with Chloe, now Maggie, storyline.

Yes, Doc Demento has transitioned into believing that Chloe is Maggie.  He tells her Kevin is not going to make it the airport.  He's right.  Kevin has a flat, fixes it, and gets back in the car only to realize it is on fire or smoking or something.  He bails just in time as the car explodes.  He is injured and unconscious on the side of the road.

Chloe has realized that she is being treated by someone with more mental health issues than hers and is trying to figure out an escape.  She espies the gun the Doc keeps in the safe.  What I don't get is why she doesn't bonk him on the head.  I mean, that is her MO, right?  It would be easy enough to do.  She starts to act like she is Maggie but he locks up the safe again so she can't get the gun.  Missed opportunity!  Now she has to play act Maggie's graduation with her new daddy.  Maybe Kevin will be in a coma and no  one will ever know that Chloe is locked in a house, apparently unable to inflict head wounds anymore.

Back in GC, practically naked people are standing and sitting around making awkward conversation.  Nick butts heads with Scott, as does Abby.  Devon tells Jordan that he had hoped he would have figured out what a bitch Hillary is.  Mariah is wearing a very unfortunate bikini.  It's not that she has to hide anything, but the style was just all wrong for her.  I picture a one piece halter with cut-outs.  Abby tells Devon that Mariah isn't right for her. 

• Love 13
(edited)

Maybe Kevin will be in a coma and no  one will ever know that Chloe is locked in a house, apparently unable to inflict head wounds anymore

I wish the  Doctor Demento's house was a little more Gothic. When will Chloe discover the  good doctor likes to dress up in chiffon skirts, Doc Martens and flit around waving a glow stick to the lilting strains of My Chemical Romance? 

Fantastic recaps BBP and bananna!! I was laughing my ass off.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 11

I like the way they made Mariah look frumpy while the ex wife looked hot. Jordan isn't played by the best actor but today was the worst. I don't care that he has a better chest than Devon, he just can't act and is tedious to watch.

• Love 8

They kind of created a hexagon with those fireworks. Scott pointing out to Abby how she's alone, Abby snapping back, Sharon picking up on that being weird. Nick watching Sharon&Scott, telling Chelsea to make sure he stays away from Scott and Chelsea pointing out he'd just do the opposite.

• Love 4

You know I never bought the Sally has a lot to fix but lately I think the show is much better than it has been in a long time.  Yet the numbers are down and more, seem to be declining, month over month.  It's odd.  For all I snark, I think it's pretty good across the board.  Not perfect but a hell of a lot better than a year ago.   

• Love 9

@Big Blue Plate Poldim is genius! 

3 hours ago, rcc said:

I like the way they made Mariah look frumpy while the ex wife looked hot. Jordan isn't played by the best actor but today was the worst. I don't care that he has a better chest than Devon, he just can't act and is tedious to watch.

Jordan does nothing for me cause the actor, despite his body, has no sex appeal or charisma. 

• Love 8