Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Artsda said:

I really enjoyed Kevin's goodbyes especially the ending one with Michael alone. 

The best part of the episode.

• Love 5
(edited)

I read EH is still filming and it's been said GR exits "later this summer" so I don't think this s/l is done yet. And he doesn't take Bella to "Tahiti"/Louisiana. I don't think this thing is going to be over until Victor's initial/ongoing involvement is exposed and Adam returns. Now that we know he set this up to get Chloe's pursuers off her back permanently, what do you think the odds are he set up something like that with Adam?

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

So much love for PB and MA. Their scenes are just so good! 

Yes, I am very impressed by MA in all of her scenes, but with PB it is gold.

So just  a weecap.  We got some flashbacks detailing that Chloe knew what the nuclear option was and was completely in on it, if somewhat concerned that Prick might actually kill her.  Chloe is back at Doc's house and Kevin is on the case, in a public place looking up the address on his laptop in full view of Prick who just happens by.  In the previews for tomorrow, Kevin is in the house, hiding.  Oh, and we also saw that Kevin has a gun.

Jack and Ash team up to separate Graeme from Dina, and Jack tries to persuade her to stay and wants to know what is really going on.  Graeme shows up and that is the end of that.  But then later Dina tells Graeme that she won't go and he can't make her!  And he refers to their plan which is all mysterious. 

There was some Sharon/Scott/Noah stuff.  And Tessa/Drinki/Noah.  Not too interesting.

• Love 12

Jack and Ash team up to separate Graeme from Dina, and Jack tries to persuade her to stay and wants to know what is really going on.  Graeme shows up and that is the end of that.  But then later Dina tells Graeme that she won't go and he can't make her!  And he refers to their plan which is all mysterious. 

I really like how they're rolling out the Dina story. At first it was just Dina comes to town to sell her business and maybe reconnect with the kids, which causes more conflict between Jack and Ashley because of how they both view their mother. And yes, that's how it was playing out. Which didn't thrill me. But now we have Jack and Ashley teaming up (love that) and we don't know what the deal is with Dina and Graeme. The writers are hitting the beats of the story nicely. Loved the goodbye scene where clearly Dina wants to stay but can't for whatever reason and Ashley and Jack hugging her. Then the moment she's out of earshot Jack saying "there's no way I'm letting her leave with that man" and Ashley agreeing. 

This is what I want to see in the Abbott family. And what I'm really loving about the new regime. They have made the Abbott family seem like a family again, not a bunch of slightly connected people who move through the same town. Sure there's still the horrible Billy stuff, but he is not a part of this Dina story at all, and that's great. I love that just as Victor's family has imploded, the Abbotts are banding together. And it's nice that I don't know what Graeme is up to. Is he a total villain? A partial villain they'll redeem? A good guy who's trying to protect Dina from herself? We just don't know. Nicely done.

• Love 14

The Drinki and Jack scenes were great.  I like that they are friends and can rely on each other.

As to Chloe and Kevin, just what is the plan?  Let's say they convince the Doc to let them go, is Kevin going to go back to GC in a few weeks with a tan, quit his job, pick up Bella and disappear forever? 

Glad that Dina is staying, but now Ash should regret her attack on her.

• Love 9
(edited)

Hello, kids. I warn you as I set out that I missed everything except Friday as was travelling so have no context for the episodic mediocrity that befell us Friday.  Some, however, was such that calling it sadly predictable would be step up.  (I’m looking at you, Thing redux.) 

So start strong (rolls eyes) and in comes One Suit Scott, this time with maroon accents (or was the moron?  Sorry, this dude is working my last nerve.  He’s just adequate.  Good actors can spit something out of adequate dialogue, which is Y&R in general in my view.  The dialogue writing is generally just adequate.  But OK, a talented actor can spin something out it.  Bergman can.  Gina can.  IMO Chelsea can most of the time.  One Suit Scott... well, reading the phone book springs to mind and he’s not very excited about it but I’m Carolyn Hinseying on that one.  All I can say is if my view is shared then Show owes us at least a shirtless scene soon and maybe some buttcrack.)

In any event, One Suit Scott and One Note Victor confer in the Emerald City.  Scott is not happy.  Yes, he’s grateful Victor used the money he keeps in that bowl on his dresser to free Scott from the evil clutches of whoever couldn’t distinguish between when he’s being a human rights journalist and when he’s dabbling in espionage.  Does that make Scott bi in some respect?   Every more puzzlinger considering he’s using break up language with Victor.  It’s not working.  I can’t.  I’m out.  Something about some news service he was scoping for the Great One.  But oh, ho, ho!  Clever Victor intends for Scott to run it after all, so don’t quit Emmy Rossum in Phantom of the Opera!  Scott has no skills in business but he’s a pretty good rapid bootlicker and accepts like pronto.  With one condition:  in the unlikely event Victor winds up in the soup Scott’s vaguely described news service can cover it like it needs to be covered - with integrity.  Yes, intregrity.  You know that thing you show when you spy on a control freak billionaire’s test tube Day at the Office Barbie daughter.  Vic’s on board!

Well as you all know there’s more to Chloe than just an arm high fiving from under the lid of a casket... she’s alive!  And she’s remarkably cogent for someone who’s varying degrees of drugged into playing a convincing corpse and batshit crazy.  She and (hunky, alright I said it)  Doogie Howser natter... Chloe is sad she will never see her family again.  Except for Kevy - WHO’S IN THE FRONT YARD!!!  (Where the leaves on the ground make it look suspiciously like October, rare in New Orleans.  Top marks that nobody’s hair has humid frizz!!!)  This is such an exciting development Sal with the Big Pen is going to parcel it out all episode!  Can wait! 

The journey of human civilization being ever upward, next to that hotbed of excitement, Crimson Lights, where Sharon and Mariah are dissing.  Nutshell:  Sharon’s doing a Nikki... she doesn’t like Tessa as Noah’s new girlfriend.  (I bet he does, recurring can be a bitch.)  

Over at The Septic Tank, Nikki bawls out Tessa for calling Victor because Nikki sad sad.  Tessa looks crushed.  And she’s wearing orange too!

Dina and Graeme appear to be packing again (I bet Ghost John wishes she was this poky the first time she abandoned ship.... maybe he could have talked her out of it and avoided all that psychological trauma on the kids.)  Sez Dina:  I’ve given you a job (more cryptic something’s up... I have moved on from dementia but am back to Dina’s dying.  But I also think this is classic Bill Bell storytelling:  Sal with the Big Pen has no damn idea what’s wrong with Dina and Kay ‘I wrote this show by candelight back in the day’ Story Consultant is aiding and abetting:  “Don’t worry, Bill pulled stuff out of his ass all the time!  It’s hot, have another gin!”)  To up the dramatic tension, Ashley arrives to tell Dina (again... this does ring a Bell) she’s concerned about Graeme (and not in a he looks pale sort of way.  I’m concerned about Graeme too... he’s cute in his silver fox way but he and One Suit seem to share the same acting coach.  Again, Show, some skin in return for this.  Show, do you get a discount on these guys?)

At the Abbott house,  Jack is so sad about the back end of Dina that he’s having a flash back to the day an effectively handsome young John gets off the the it’s not me, it’s you call from Dina that she’s going to be late.  Again with the one day wonder castings.  Something odd is going on in that department.  (Though I admit I thought it was well done and an interesting idea.  Still, I bet Kevy, for example, wishes they were as interested in him.)  The moment is strengthened (LOLZ) by the arrival of Abby, who’s not leaving until she gets what she wants which is for Jack, having saved her bacon with his money to save her bacon with his exit from their deal.  Jack agrees, presumably because she did say she wasn’t leaving until she got what she wanted.  And, oh, yeah, Granny’s going over the wall again.

Chloe likes being a ghost... it’s quite restorative.  She and the doctor rehash how cleverly he drugged her with left over Yvonne Zuma pills so she would seem lifeless and then (apparently) get shipped to Genoa City in situ (and it’s cold in the hold, I hear so well done, Chloe!) KEVY SEES ALL!  NO BATHROOM BREAKS NOW!!!!

Back at the Sewer Lounge, Nikki has a further go at Tessa.  She’s very edgy and not just because she has no idea what is happening with Faith and the Chess Club.  (Faith didn’t do a Dina did she?)  It’s the pressure of all the attendees at her upcoming Brain Damage Fundraiser who are expecting Leslie Brooks and getting her!  In any event, shouts Nikki (who’s just looking terrific today, IMO):  DO NOT CALL VICTOR EVER!  (If this keeps up it’ll be wire hangers next.)  She exiles Tessa above ground while she rehearses for the big event, which on our poor budget strapped show reduces the concert pianist to doing her best Shirley Partridge behind a widdle electric piano.  I guess the grand burned up in the ranch fire.  Thanks, Sharon. 

Mariah, Sharon, Noah can take care of himself blah blah.  Enter Tessa, kicked out of the Underground... Sharon urges Mariah to get the goods on the budding romance... in playing awkward, Camryn Grimes masters coming across as really awkward.  I think she’s lunching with Scott and Graeme.  

Kevy and Chloe seem to be plotting some kind of road trip.

Ashley slinks sadly down the stairs at the GCAC where she encounters TGVN, who wants to know what’s wrong.  Enter Abby who knows what’s wrong and is going up to see Grandma and lay it on the line. 

Over at the Abbott house, Nikki and Jack have a nice conversation about Dina and pain and people you love.  (Both actors handle it very nicely... and now we've got Nikki and Jack at his place and Victor and Ashley at the bar and I'm wondering are we setting up that again?)  

Abby's incessant whining works, as Graeme slithers down the stairs and into the bar, where Ashley’s knocking one back due to mid day sadness, and informs one and all that Dina is staying put.   For whatever reason.  Make your own up.  Show.... over to you and not for a storyline about the heartbreak of knock knees, starring Christine Blair. 

Scenes for next week:  Canestipation and Lily on Juliet and a job for sex!  The fabulous Leslie.  Period.  And Chloe really is thawing out... she’s not going to be locked up.  (I’d settle for making good on her unfortunate fate of being fired.)

Edited by Big Blue Plate
Forgot to pay off Kevin and Chloe. Hard to fathom, isn't it?
  • Love 13

My point was that Lauren should be talking to her grown son about who he was dating. I have a grown son who's married but if he were single, the last person I would question is the woman he's dating. In fact, when he WAS single, we had that exact conversation.   If he were 16 years old, that might be a different situation but Scott is a grown man,  well traveled and can choose any woman he wants.

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

My point was that Lauren should be talking to her grown son about who he was dating. I have a grown son who's married but if he were single, the last person I would question is the woman he's dating. In fact, when he WAS single, we had that exact conversation.   If he were 16 years old, that might be a different situation but Scott is a grown man,  well traveled and can choose any woman he wants.

This is basic. Lauren is an idiot.

• Love 10

Once again this recap is just amazing @Big Blue Plate!!

I thought the actor playing handsome young John did quite well. He really tried to get Jerry Douglas's mannerisms with the squinting and "Jackie" stuff. I sort of wish Mal had chosen to show these flashbacks with a strong sepia filter or even black and white. They seem like soaps from 50 years ago and the filters would have been nice.

You know Sally is running the Dina story when Jack and Nikki and Ashley and Victor share scenes. I like how they're handled. Old friends who know each other well. More so for Nikki and Jack (I think it was Brenda Epperson, aka Warm Ashley, who was in the role when Vashley were married). Also Victor and Nikki were around for the big Dina stuff back in the day so it adds heft.

Graham is nice looking but he's a very flat actor. I hope he doesn't stick around. I'm leaning heavily towards Alzheimer's still. I think Graham's "job" was to stick to Dina's decisions for her. His kind of cold attitude to Ashley makes sense as well. He only knows Dina's perspective and he would be protective of her. So I get that he wouldn't trust her kids to have her best interests at heart. When Ashley told Jack that Graham hadn't actually been "rough" with their mother, it cinched it for me. I think the actor just over did it. I tend to go with the script when there's a discrepancy.

I'm not sure how I feel about Abby in all this. I like that Dina is drawn to her. The way they are styling young Dina is echoing Abby (or the other way around). The hair and the dresses (Abby is looking very 60s these days). I think Dina sees her as she wanted to be. Free and working and flirting etc. That said I don't feel any emotion when I see Dina and Abby. IDGAF about Abby emotionally, tbh. This story has to be with her kids -- WHERE IS TRACI??????

1 hour ago, crosby777 said:

No decent mother would be ok with sharon any where near their son.. 

I'd have a little sympathy for Lauren if she hadn't thrown Phyllis at her son. It just doesn't make sense that she'd be okay with that and not with Sharon. But as the show is giving TEB nothing to do, she's probably grateful for even this much. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Gam2 said:

He chooses the town loon, who has been married how many times? I'd be a tad worried if it were my son

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

How many times has Victor been married? Or Ashley? Or Nikki? Or Jack? That's a bit of a slippery slope.

Yeah, seriously. There are many reasons for someone to be concerned about Sharon, but her number of marriages is well on the bottom of the list.

• Love 5

Victor has been married eleven times to eight different women. 

Sharon's been married five times to five different men. 

Jack has been married eight times to six different women. 

Per Wikipedia, but Harvard hasn't done a study so we'll just have to make do.

Oh and Erica Cane was married eight times to ten different men, so suck it, Victor.

And Elizabeth Taylor was married eight times to seven different men.  

So fiction is stranger than truth.  Or a hell of lot more optimistic.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Yeah, seriously. There are many reasons for someone to be concerned about Sharon, but her number of marriages is well on the bottom of the list.

She is prone to going off her medication, setting fires too homes, and marrying anyone with the same last name. LOL

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I know its a soap, but comparing Sharon to Victor isn't really fair, given their respective ages.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, F. M. said:

She is prone to going off her medication, setting fires too homes, and marrying anyone with the same last name. LOL

Again...eh. Nikki and Victoria share far too many exes for me to count; Hillary went from father to son; Phyllis has cheated on Jack with his stepson, then his half-brother; Abby was fooling around with her niece's jailbird husband.

My biggest issue with Sharon marrying more Newmans was that I wanted to see her GTFO of that toxic bubble and not so much that Adam and Det. Plywood happen to share DNA with Nick. Unlike those examples above, he didn't have anything near a bond with either. And in the case of Shadam, the fact that he made Sharon think her baby died overshadowed any incestuous vibes for a good portion of the audience.

I'm glad as fuck that not only is Sussman giving Sharon the first non-Newman love interest since before Brad Carlton became a Nazi hunter, but that she's been given actual interests that don't involve meddling in Nick's life. So far, no wacky hijinxs. Obviously, not everyone in town will believe this and to an extent, Sharon has earned that. But if TPTB want to keep her on as a viable character, it's a long overdue step.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 14

I'm glad as fuck that not only is Sussman giving Sharon the first non-Newman love interest since before Brad Carlton became a Nazi hunter, but that she's been given actual interests that don't involve meddling in Nick's life. So far, no wacky hijinxs. Obviously, not everyone in town will believe this and to an extent, Sharon has earned that. But if TPTB want to keep her on as a viable character, it's a long overdue step

I agree 100 percent.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Whatever happened to Abby's ex-husband, the doctor? Has he just vanished because of no story line?

I don't recall a storyline where he left town, but maybe he is with Dummer?

• Love 3
16 hours ago, F. M. said:

He chooses the town loon

But you have to admit it's a step up from being the town bike. 

6 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

nick, jack and dylan were her only valid marriages.....the other 2 were annulled.

Yes, but surely it's the thoughtlessness that counts. 
And it isn't her fault.  The writers made her do it.  If it weren't for the writers, I think everybody in Genoa City would be really nice. 

• Love 6

Perhaps a step up. But not by much.:) 

2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Again...eh. Nikki and Victoria share far too many exes for me to count; Hillary went from father to son; Phyllis has cheated on Jack with his stepson, then his half-brother; Abby was fooling around with her niece's jailbird husband.

My biggest issue with Sharon marrying more Newmans was that I wanted to see her GTFO of that toxic bubble and not so much that Adam and Det. Plywood happen to share DNA with Nick. Unlike those examples above, he didn't have anything near a bond with either. And in the case of Shadam, the fact that he made Sharon think her baby died overshadowed any incestuous vibes for a good portion of the audience.

I'm glad as fuck that not only is Sussman giving Sharon the first non-Newman love interest since before Brad Carlton became a Nazi hunter, but that she's been given actual interests that don't involve meddling in Nick's life. So far, no wacky hijinxs. Obviously, not everyone in town will believe this and to an extent, Sharon has earned that. But if TPTB want to keep her on as a viable character, it's a long overdue step.

Poor Scott. I hate to think what will happen when she steals a baby( Dylan) or marries Scott's father .LOL!

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Whatever happened to Abby's ex-husband, the doctor? Has he just vanished because of no story line?

They got divorced over his psychotic kid or something. I think the actor was on his way out even before Pratt and JFP were let go. I honestly forgot Stitch even existed until reading this post tbh. 

50 minutes ago, F. M. said:

I hate to think what will happen when she steals a baby( Dylan) or marries Scott's father .LOL!

That last part will be rather difficult, seeing that Scott Sr. is six feet under....for now, at least. Its a soap opera, so anything can happen! ?*waves to Sheila Carter in LA*

It does seem like the current writers are so far staying away from that kind of nonsense for Sharon. Dylan's been gone for...what, six months now? And there's been little in the way of meltdowns, very minimal interference in the snorefest of Nick and Chelsea (are they still together?) and a bunch of self-reflection that is actually, finally sticking this time. Going back to school later in life--hooray! More of that, please! Running her own business independent of working with her husband--yaaaaas, queen! Shutting Faith's manipulations down--well, she learned from two of the best, but better late than never!

I'm genuinely confused how Lauren could think Sharon is any worse for MySon than Phyllis the serial adultress and murderess who actively pushed her son's rapist to fight for custody of "my granddotter"--a child she hasn't so much as asked about since she came out her coma, because after breaking up Nick and Sharon, she went schlepping ButtBuiscuit on the Chancellor mansion stairs. :/

• Love 15

So true! I'd totally forgotten about Stitch and his troubled son. Also Lauren trying to hook her son up with Phyllis of all people! What was she thinking? I'm liking this new Sharon getting some insight, going back to school, etc. Where has Faith been and why hasn't anyone even mentioned her lately? For a while, all we heard was Faith, Faith, Faith. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, F. M. said:

Poor Scott. I hate to think what will happen when she steals a baby( Dylan) or marries Scott's father .LOL!

Ever think that screwing Newmans (Prick) makes you crazy? I mean... Nikki the multiple murderous alcoholics, Ashley who only seems to lose it when she's with Prick,,,,Sharon...oh well... Phyliss getting even madder with Nick...Prison Doc... all the Newmans have at least one ex who's - shall we say - different.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

They got divorced over his psychotic kid or something. I think the actor was on his way out even before Pratt and JFP were let go. I honestly forgot Stitch even existed until reading this post tbh.

Dear, dear, yeast filled Stench....Every time I see a loaf of bread marked down for a quick sell or a pack of dinner rolls, or the Pillsbury Dough Boy, I think of Stench...  He's right up there with Dummer's husband, Prince Spaghetti Day and Blondie the dead Copette Noah had pledged his trough (which I assume is back in the stables) to...

Ah, memories....

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

So true! I'd totally forgotten about Stitch and his troubled son. Also Lauren trying to hook her son up with Phyllis of all people! What was she thinking? I'm liking this new Sharon getting some insight, going back to school, etc. Where has Faith been and why hasn't anyone even mentioned her lately? For a while, all we heard was Faith, Faith, Faith. 

The actress playing Faith had a movie come out rather recently, so she may be doing publicity for that. 

She was still more interesting that this Reed/Mattie shit that's starting up for the summer though. 

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I think the current regime is not interested in making Sharon their whipping boy.

Well they can't, not now she's becoming a psychology major, and in such a short time!

Roflmao!

Ever think that screwing Newmans (Prick) makes you crazy? 

Not really, she's been pretty out there for awhile, she'll be back...I can wait( grin) 

11 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I think the current regime is not interested in making Sharon their whipping boy.

thank heavens for that, she's been the whipping boy for 10 yrs it seems......

time for someone else to be constantly tossed under the bus that keeps rolling by.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Yes, but surely it's the thoughtlessness that counts. 
And it isn't her fault.  The writers made her do it.  If it weren't for the writers, I think everybody in Genoa City would be really nice. 

But don't you want someone other than Victor or Nicki to loathe? I do, I choose Sharon, who btw is an awful actress imho, along with Ashley one expression, and Abby can't act.lol

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, F. M. said:

But don't you want someone other than Victor or Nicki to loathe? I do, I choose Sharon, who btw is an awful actress imho, along with Ashley one expression, and Abby can't act.lol

I don't "loathe" Nikki. Buttbiscuit is enough. I don't need to find a villain when one is handily provided.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't "loathe" Nikki. Buttbiscuit is enough. I don't need to find a villain when one is handily provided.

I've always quite liked Nikki, maybe because of MTS, I think. YerneverBilly I just think is a really crappy actor, among his other issues. The Sharon character, as I've said before, I simply don't understand the appeal there, either of her character's basic bio/past or of her more recent meanderings--she's the equivalent of a female Shmoo to me--useful, edible, but not much character. And Ashley? I have a lovely shrine to her, thank you very much.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, pearlite said:

I've always quite liked Nikki, maybe because of MTS, I think. YerneverBilly I just think is a really crappy actor, among his other issues. The Sharon character, as I've said before, I simply don't understand the appeal there, either of her character's basic bio/past or of her more recent meanderings--she's the equivalent of a female Shmoo to me--useful, edible, but not much character. And Ashley? I have a lovely shrine to her, thank you very much.

I have never felt one way or the other about Sharon. You're right she's a cypher they can hang anything they want on her and she does her best with it. She's a core character and I don't want her gone. Ashley has a certain polish and sophistication that lends some much needed  panache to the rubes that seem to make up the GC citizenry. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

So we choose dfifferernt people, good! 

I've always quite liked Nikki, maybe because of MTS, I think. 

She looks like she has a bad smell under her nose. Permanently!

Am I the only one waiting for the camisole worn by Juliet in Hong Kong which made its way back to GC, to show up with Kane's little swimmers on it (ala Monica Lewinsky's little blue dress)? I figure there must be some reason it exists? Now of course Kane could make the claim that he slept with Lilly when she was wearing it (though as far as we know, he didn't), and of course it doesn't prove Juliet's sexual harassment claim. But one would think something has to disprove Kane's assertion that nothing at all happened in Hong Kong. Though I am bored by this storyline, so hope something shakes it up soon. 

I have been wondering if the actor playing Tessa is related to someone on the show? Otherwise I find no reason for her to get such a prominent role, complete with singing/playing. And what is with Nikki suddenly playing much more than she has in the past? Are they trying to bring up her illness again?

Finally the Maddie/Charlie SORASing IMO comes at a bad time. (Could there be a good time?). So much going on already with new characters (Dina/Graham, Tessa, Chloe's Dr, Juliet and the lawsuit). It seems like the core long time actors are really getting the short shift these days. Not to mention bringing in actors to play Jack as a child/teenager and Dina at a younger age. Too many new characters and not enough of the tried and true. And does Y&R really have the young viewer demographic to bring in a bunch of teenagers? Reminds me of years ago with the Billy/Mac group. 

• Love 1