Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Look. I love me some Kevin. But even I know he's not the most stable of people. So, when Phyllis makes him look normal, that's saying something. Man, MS/Phyllis was chewing the scenery all over the place at Crimson Lights. She came off as psychotic. I kept waiting for her to caw-caw in the middle of the patio. If I was Kevin, I would be terrified, heh. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Is Glo back?

She's not back at the moment, but Kevin was telling Phylly about Glo's thumbdrive with information she wanted to use to blackmail a guy stealing from Newman. Phylly thought the info could be used to blackmail her nemesis Victoria instead, to keep it secret from Victor.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I know Kevin isn't everyone's cup of tea. However, on Friday's CDN, when Phyliss was explaining to him that she has a devil sitting on one shoulder, and an angel on the other, and Kevin interrupted her saying 'there's an angel?!' I laughed, and laughed, and laughed. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I know Kevin isn't everyone's cup of tea. However, on Friday's CDN, when Phyliss was explaining to him that she has a devil sitting on one shoulder, and an angel on the other, and Kevin interrupted her saying 'there's an angel?!' I laughed, and laughed, and laughed. 

Reminds me of Jack's "is that cat dead?" with Pattycakes.

Kevin is my cup of tea. I've seen him in other things and he does have a natural humorous delivery of some lines.  I think they waste him in this show as the 'reformed criminal with a heart of gold who can still be talked into bad acts'. Pick a lane, people!  He and Daniel had a subtle dynamic that had nothing to do with the plotplotplot but was fun to watch.  Kind of like easter eggs in movies. Pairing him with Chloe was the worst move ever.

• Love 8

Phyl trying to seduce Nick....Blackmail his sis all at the Gritty Pubic-hair 

Phyl   "I need it I need it..." Repeateen again. Also acteen like a loon. Chip should shut up and Phyl sould make like Princess Elsa and let it go.

Wanna bet Mop somehow leaks the elevator story to the press so Connor goes batshit.  will blame Billy - Billy will go batshit - Chelsea will recover But pretend to be paralized, probably with Cloho's help. 

Billy and Kyle in dress shoes and suits wandering around in a blizzard. This could end happily with Kyle pops and Billy ice sculpture

or eaten by a bear

• LOL 6
10 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Phyl trying to seduce Nick....Blackmail his sis all at the Gritty Pubic-hair 

Phyl   "I need it I need it..." Repeateen again. Also acteen like a loon. Chip should shut up and Phyl sould make like Princess Elsa and let it go.

Wanna bet Mop somehow leaks the elevator story to the press so Connor goes batshit.  will blame Billy - Billy will go batshit - Chelsea will recover But pretend to be paralized, probably with Cloho's help. 

Billy and Kyle in dress shoes and suits wandering around in a blizzard. This could end happily with Kyle pops and Billy ice sculpture

or eaten by a bear

Oh god, remember "Bradcicle"? Jack can be so catty.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Why do I think a hilarious story is Abby will freeze a dozen fertilized eggs and Prick will hire twelve surrogates to carry them in secret - Wow this could be a geat story - he thinks it will result in at least one baby BUT all twelve hatch and Abby's big house would be super full. She'd need her $$ to hire nannys. This could be a sicom. Her, arms crossed looking at Victor - OH DOD!!  CBS monday nights.

Full house with Kay's portrait cackling on the wall, Abby pouting and planing epic sleepovers. 

Bonus - Lots of Abbot/Chancellor babies to fill in the future fam R&J rivalry/teen pregnancy stories.

• LOL 7
3 minutes ago, crowsworks said:

Why do I think a hilarious story is Abby will freeze a dozen fertilized eggs and Prick will hire twelve surrogates to carry them in secret - Wow this could be a geat story - he thinks it will result in at least one baby BUT all twelve hatch and Abby's big house would be super full. She'd need her $$ to hire nannys. This could be a sicom. Her, arms crossed looking at Victor - OH DOD!!  CBS monday nights.

Full house with Kay's portrait cackling on the wall, Abby pouting and planing epic sleepovers. 

Bonus - Lots of Abbot/Chancellor babies to fill in the future fam R&J rivalry/teen pregnancy stories.

Abby did have a dream like that, that started with triplets ...

1 minute ago, crowsworks said:

Twelve newborns or sacks of flour....Cheap props too

Pringles cans???

That reminds me of when Lily's kids were infants.  One would be the size of a Pringles can and the other the size of a 10 month old.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Why do I think a hilarious story is Abby will freeze a dozen fertilized eggs and Prick will hire twelve surrogates to carry them in secret - Wow this could be a great story

It is already.  The Boys From Brazil.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 1/21/2021 at 4:42 PM, deirdra said:

and Orphan Black.

Those were Clones. I was just picturing Prick horning in to get his garn baby, I do know that they fertilize several eggs in case the first time doesn't take.  A lot of Hollywood and reality types use surogates to have lots of babies - If Abby wants 10 kids she could. Watch....they will find out Chance's swimmers are duds now. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Oh for the love of...

Really, Elena?! Now you're cheating on Nate with Devon?! Maybe y'all should just become a thruple although I don't think Devon or Nate will be thrilled with that. 

Now Chance can't have a kid because his swimmers can only doggy paddle? *headdesk*

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

A whole Billy, Abby, now Vicky episode.  They picked the worst characters for standalones.

Yeah, WTAF is going on. They cannot figure out how to write a soap opera storyline anymore? This show is such crap.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, spinxella said:

71l4DA.jpg

rdGCVa.gif

Does Victoria have a brain tumor or was she abducted by aliens? 👽

If Show is going to go this route then the last of the spooky ButtBiscuit visions Victoria has should be

giphy.gif

It's delightful, it's delicious, it's de-lovely.

Or not.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I am sorry...I know that this pandemic is having an impact on the show...what it can and cannot do, physically.  But there is absolutely NO storyline right now that is entertaining or interesting.  One woman in a semi-vegetative state; one woman off-the-rails due to inability to carry a baby and her husband's inability, right now, to make one.  Victoria chewing nails and pining over the wasted space that is her ex; Phyllis being over-the-top emoting over whatever she chooses to; Lily being a saint (and a vapid one at that); Faith being a bratty teenager with alcohol issues; Amanda having unreasonable expectations of her birth mother, etc.  What have I left out?  Sharon being a terrible excuse for a therapist and now getting a giant ego about her skills; Rey just being present and dull; Lola disappearing (she could actually be one of the more interesting characters)...and then the smugness and ickiness of Kylie and Summer.  

You would think that right now the writers would realize we all need some escape from the sad to bad news everyday.  So again...why not a murder mystery?  Chloe could be the victim; or Kevin.  Writers would not be pressured into choreographing love scenes; the actors would not have to get too close-up.  Maybe the pool for talented soap writers is thin and the results are what we have onscreen. I just can't watch this everyday; sadly, I was excited to see the soaps back.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
40 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I am sorry...I know that this pandemic is having an impact on the show...what it can and cannot do, physically.  But there is absolutely NO storyline right now that is entertaining or interesting.  One woman in a semi-vegetative state; one woman off-the-rails due to inability to carry a baby and her husband's inability, right now, to make one.  Victoria chewing nails and pining over the wasted space that is her ex; Phyllis being over-the-top emoting over whatever she chooses to; Lily being a saint (and a vapid one at that); Faith being a bratty teenager with alcohol issues; Amanda having unreasonable expectations of her birth mother, etc.  What have I left out?  Sharon being a terrible excuse for a therapist and now getting a giant ego about her skills; Rey just being present and dull; Lola disappearing (she could actually be one of the more interesting characters)...and then the smugness and ickiness of Kylie and Summer.  

You would think that right now the writers would realize we all need some escape from the sad to bad news everyday.  So again...why not a murder mystery?  Chloe could be the victim; or Kevin.  Writers would not be pressured into choreographing love scenes; the actors would not have to get too close-up.  Maybe the pool for talented soap writers is thin and the results are what we have onscreen. I just can't watch this everyday; sadly, I was excited to see the soaps back.  

I agree completely. This is the perfect solution. Why can't so called professional writers figure this shit out?

• Love 11

Instead of getting rid of, say,  the Chipmunks, we get to double down on ButtBiscuit-as-sex-god and Anorexia-the-waffler.  Lucky us.  Plus, I think there are probably a lot of decent writers out of work with productions shut down.  Are soap operas below them?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

Instead of getting rid of, say,  the Chipmunks, we get to double down on ButtBiscuit-as-sex-god and Anorexia-the-waffler.  Lucky us.  Plus, I think there are probably a lot of decent writers out of work with productions shut down.  Are soap operas below them?  

I don't know. the current writers have contracts and so forth so maybe TIIC can't summarily fire them? Or maybe they like the writing, blast them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 1/20/2021 at 3:52 PM, crowsworks said:

They could still do it - Prick would just gather up the eggs and hire some aryian god to fertize them all. Tom Brady? an Avenger? I

I'm just writing my own twisted sit-com

On 2/3/2021 at 2:14 PM, Kemper said:

Hilarious how they are using RL cuddle buddies - Sharon and Adam have sex in Gaspy's mind. Devon and Elaina set up a WTD so St. Nate can

pontificate.

On 2/3/2021 at 2:14 PM, Kemper said:

I had hopes for Kyle and the Cruel Cuckolded Creep and the mysterious missing Abbott heir? but no that might be interesting.

• Love 5

I don't understand it, but Theo looks dirty every time he's on.  His face looks almost fake. What is that?

Kyle having a baby with a married older woman? Why, just why?

So I guess the writers think it is funny to have Phyllis intentionally  say the wrong name for Sally every. single. time. she mentions her.

The Newman family get together at Society was so awkward with Abby standing through the entire evening, while Prick sat at the bar. Couldn't they shoot a scene like that at the Ranch and have people spread out on the living room furniture instead? Who goes to a restaurant and stands and talks to everyone else who is seated.

Vic was really trying bring down her sister's optimism.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

This show has gone so far beyond ridiculous that it actually makes me sad. I know everyone involved with Y&R is just glad to have a job now but I think we’re seeing the beginning of the end. And it won’t be long now.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, bannana said:

I don't understand it, but Theo looks dirty every time he's on.  His face looks almost fake. What is that?

Kyle having a baby with a married older woman? Why, just why?

Theo's face and hair always look greasy.

Since when was having a baby by someone else's spouse/SO been out of the ordinary in GC?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, basiltherat said:

That out-of-wedlock, or rather cuckolded husband, baby is something that would have been a topic of discussion for Bert Bauer, Alice Horton or Phoebe Tyler back in the 60s!

Phoebe would have called her a "wanton hussy, like that Mona Kane creature"!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

Since when was having a baby by someone else's spouse/SO been out of the ordinary in GC?

I find it funny after all the really crazy crimes and sins the show has done, this is a really low level. And yet  I still find Theo too much of a mustache twirling villain and 2 dimensional and I can't jump on his side of the feud with Kyle.

Ugh. Is Sally Spectra planning to seduce Jack? Is the show that desperate for a storyline for Jack?

• Love 5

They could bring in Lucy and have real young people on the show - Do a greg/jenny - Angie/Jesse  with poor boy rich girl and Bad girl good boy or some combo or things. Faith could meet OD Boy at a meeting and fall for him.

I'm still waiting for Nate to break bad and turn out to have not-dead Hilary stashed somewhere ith her baby. Muahaha- fiendish laughter as Moses or Elaina find her and are threatened. 

you know Faiths bad influence girl will be related to someone Newman trashed. Regardless SHaron or Adam will be blamed for everything from Abby's infertility to which ever kid Bliiy gets killed next.

• Love 5

Skunk in the rose garden making an appearance:

Theo is about all I can stand sporadically at this point. At least he's got something to do, and I ended up kind of liking the actor.

That said, migawd, the crap with Sharon yesterday--Rey correctly called her on her persistent lies and backsliding, and her counter-statements were pure Sharon; i.e., self-justifying lies then a counter-attack or two. Jaw-dropping, but not surprising.

Then, show, never failing to not surprise us at this point, cleverly [!] tosses the Eternal Duo together in a Destiny's Calling meet cute. I actually stopped FF-ing for a few minutes to witness how awful this was. Jeez, writers, why not pander to social media?

• Love 7
On 2/3/2021 at 6:09 PM, deirdra said:

Why not get viewers involved? Ask things like: Who would you like to die in a murder mystery?

I thought a Dateline type show on Chancecom. Coldcases. The actors could film from their dressing rooms as talking heads. they could wrap up all the unfinished/unsolved mysteries from the past with lots flashbacks. Delia, and all the cases left un or semi-solved. Cady just left her soap so she could come back briefly as Kelly - head shrunk and apologetic

On 2/6/2021 at 7:13 PM, bannana said:

The Newman family get together at Society was so awkward with Abby standing through the entire evening, while Prick sat at the bar. Couldn't they shoot a scene like that at the Ranch and have people spread out on the living room furniture instead? Who goes to a restaurant and stands and talks to everyone else who is seated.

Vic was really trying bring down her sister's optimism.

don't all daughters of the R&F stand in the middle of a tiny restaurant and anounce her husbands fish have floated to the surface. His tadpoles will never turn into frogs.

On 2/10/2021 at 10:51 AM, pearlite said:

Then, show, never failing to not surprise us at this point, cleverly [!] tosses the Eternal Duo together in a Destiny's Calling meet cute. I actually stopped FF-ing for a few minutes to witness how awful this was. Jeez, writers, why not pander to social media?

Did I miss something? ?? I do FF a lot.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2