Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Diane M said:

What's with all these people getting a 'driver' in GC?  Is that their term for taxis?

I think, but I don't know, it might be a car service--Toronto and New York have them. It's a step up from a cab, usually a Lincoln or Mercedes--pretending it's a private car and chauffeur.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, pearlite said:

I think, but I don't know, it might be a car service--Toronto and New York have them. It's a step up from a cab, usually a Lincoln or Mercedes--pretending it's a private car and chauffeur.

44 minutes ago, Diane M said:

I think Kerry is just playing hard to get with Jack.  Strange needing a car service to take her home instead of a cab.  I wonder if there's champagne in the back seat.

What the heck do I know ...I figured she just called Uber. ;)

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, BoffoDaWonderSheep said:

They probably can't use the trademarked term "Uber," so it's like their infamous "FacePlace™"

It's Wisconsin, they should just call it "Udder" instead of "Uber".

Need a ride?  Call a cow!  A piece of cheese with every ride.  Udder - ly right for you!

• Love 11
19 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Can't you just see Dummer in Dubai?

Hmmm, No, not so much.

Summer in Emirates/Gulf culture? [Insert gales of laughter here] Boobs ahoy not so much.

From https://www.guide2dubai.com/living/laws-and-regulations/dress-code-in-dubai

"To be respectful of the UAE culture, it is best to remain covered from shoulder at least to the knees. For instance, although t-shirts (preferably with sleeves covering at least upper arm) are fine, spaghetti tops for women may not be appreciated in public areas. Also, very tight and/or low-cut t-shirts are also considered offensive. Females wearing strappy tops may be in for a warning at Dubai shopping malls, or shopping centres."

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Hmmm, No, not so much.

Summer in Emirates/Gulf culture? [Insert gales of laughter here] Boobs ahoy not so much.

From https://www.guide2dubai.com/living/laws-and-regulations/dress-code-in-dubai

"To be respectful of the UAE culture, it is best to remain covered from shoulder at least to the knees. For instance, although t-shirts (preferably with sleeves covering at least upper arm) are fine, spaghetti tops for women may not be appreciated in public areas. Also, very tight and/or low-cut t-shirts are also considered offensive. Females wearing strappy tops may be in for a warning  stoning at Dubai shopping malls, or shopping centres."

Fixt.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, crowsworks said:

this site has the OLD post about EB leaving from yrs ago. You torturers..... sadists.... dangling food in front of a supermodel or starving weasel.

LOL  yes i know....posters keep on posting the link again on the forum and then others tell them it's an old story and to look at the date on it.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I haven't watched the last episode yet. It's just chilling on my PVR, heh. 

Well, our Mia burns up ReyRey's credit cards on some kind of cosmetics party to be held chez Rosales [a casa Rosales?]. Mmm, boy. Mia over uses the word "influencer," which should be burned down, rather than the stables.

Said party, catered by guess who, is attended by guess who? No guesses? Gang of 4 plus downbeat Sharon, Abby in fairly good snarky form, and Esther whom Mia shades right into nightfall. Let's not even, speaking of entertaining, entertain any logic here--I was trying to think of some very bourgie dame going to a promotional wingding in an unimpressive slightly reclaimed sorta-loft. Then I gave up.

Like boes, I do some zoning during a lot of current episodes of Show, so there was probably some more sententious crap re Devon's slide from grace. But.

• Love 8

Finally got around to watching the episode. Mia's party was dull. I did like Abby shading Mia's knock-off dress, since Abby was wearing the original, heh. 

Mia shading Esther made me mad. Esther was interested in Mia's work and Mia kept pushing her aside to suck up Phyllis, Vicky and Nikki. Like those women actually care about you, Chica

The only thing I care about in regards to the stables being on fire is that the horses will be okay. 

Devon is sad that Shauna left. While I didn't care for the character one way or another, I'm annoyed that Cane and Nate had to stick their noses in Devon's business and made her go back to her parents. 

Oh, and Fenn is back and wants to quit law school and become a musician. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm bummed that Fenn is back and Summer is gone. Weren't they good friends at one point? I feel like they should be sharing scenes together is all...

• Love 8
21 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Oh, and Fenn is back and wants to quit law school and become a musician. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm bummed that Fenn is back and Summer is gone. Weren't they good friends at one point? I feel like they should be sharing scenes together is all...

How long is Fen staying? They may be swapping out Summer for Fen as the third leg in a triangle with Lola and Kyle. Fen as the sensitive musician vs. Kyle the womanizing shady businessman. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

How long is Fen staying? They may be swapping out Summer for Fen as the third leg in a triangle with Lola and Kyle. Fen as the sensitive musician vs. Kyle the womanizing shady businessman. 

Maybe he'll be here for Ana, the other musician.

• Love 4

Ladles and Jellyspoons, they really need to hire an editor at soapcentral. 

"A sweat shirt wearing Nate helps a hung over Devon open his condo door. Ava hands him some coffee and Nate offers to make him a hang over cure.Devon asks Nate to keep it down as Nate loudly chops celery and Ava breaks up ice for Nate's cure. Nate adds seaweed to the blender and turns it on full blast."

" Fen congratulates Marian on GC Buzz, asks if she might get Devon his demo."

Who the fuck are Ava and Marian? Lol.

Thanks, valley!

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

"A sweat shirt wearing Nate helps a hung over Devon open his condo door. Ava hands him some coffee and Nate offers to make him a hang over cure.Devon asks Nate to keep it down as Nate loudly chops celery and Ava breaks up ice for Nate's cure. Nate adds seaweed to the blender and turns it on full blast."

Thanks, valley!

HAHAHAHA!

Perhaps this Ava and Marian can push Nate head first into the blender??  

That'd cure my hangover.

• Love 9

Here you go Gam2:

Night

Car
Victoria and Nikki staring at the fire, want to after the horses, Rey gets in the back seat and tells them to leave the ranch, says there was a tresspasser on the property and this is an on going investigation.

Devon'

Devon comes down and tells Ava he's going out. Ava offers to talk but Devon says he's good. Devon tells her not to wait up, he won't be home tonight.

Tessa's
Tessa and Mariah in bed, both reading, Mariah rolls over and tells Tessa she needs to get some sleep.

The Next Morning

Tessa wakes up the next morning to find Mariah already up and gone. 

Jabot
Fen arrives and asks Ted if Lauren's in. Ted tells her Lauren's away. Lola arrives with new menu's and Ted introduces her to Fen. Fen comments on a hot dish on the menu but Lola think's it's too hot for him. After Lola leaves, Ted tells him she has a boyfriend. Fen says today she does, but maybe not tomorrow.

Devon's
A sweat shirt wearing Nate helps a hung over Devon open his condo door. Ava hands him some coffee and Nate offers to make him a hang over cure.

Devon asks Nate to keep it down as Nate loudly chops celery and Ava breaks up ice for Nate's cure. Nate adds seaweed to the blender and turns it on full blast. 

Devon downs the drink and Nate gives a mini lecture on what Devon's doing to his body. Nate leaves and Ava tells Devon she wants to help him fix this. 

Devon admits he still has fully acknowledged Hillary is gone. Says every time he rolls over and realizes she's not there it's like she dying over and over again. Ava says he needs to see a professional, tells him Nate already found someone. 

Victoria's
Nikki tells Victoria she couldn't sleep. Nikki says she needs to talk to Victor but he's disappeared. 

Victoria calls the police and finds out Rey is still out at the ranch. Nick arrives and tells them the fire's out, the house is fine but the stables are a total loss. Nikki makes a comment about the alternatives and Nick questions if there's something going on he doesn't know about.

Coffee House
Mariah wants Kyle's help, asks if he's in or out, says she has to do this now. Mariah says when most people are hurt they walk away, but she keeps coming back for more pain. Kyle says it's love.

Mariah says she should have walked away the first time Tessa lied. Kyle says it's not too late. Fen arrives and asks Kyle if Summer is still in town Mariah says no one knows when she's coming back. Fen says he wouldn't mind checking out the dating scene and Mariah tells him she'll let all the women in GC know.

Fen shares his new love of music and the girl that helped introduce him to his new passion. Fen congratulates Marian on GC Buzz, asks if she might get Devon his demo. Fen makes a comment on the words he uses on the ladies, says they worked earlier in the day. Fen see's Lola and gets up to say hello. Lola says hello then gives Kyle a big kiss on the lips as Fen looks on.

Fen says Lola's only with Kyle as she doesn't know him yet, says he'll wait for Kyle to screw things up. Lola gets up to say hi to Rey who says he looks exhausted. Rey gets a call and says he may have just gotten the break he needed.

Tessa arrives and comments how early Mariah was up this morning. Tessa asks if she has time for a coffee and Mariah says she's late for work.

Fen tells Kyle and Lola he wouldn't have hit on her if he'd known they were together. Lola goes to grab some coffee and Fen tells Kyle she's out of his league. Kyle says he's still the jealous jerk he's always been.

Victoria's

Nick and Victoria encrouage Nikki to get some sleep and she heads upstairs. Nick bashes Victor of not checking on his wife. Nick says if he's not going to be there for her, he will. Nick says he's been waiting for months for Victor to go on the attack for Dark Horse.

Nick tells Victoria how well things are going with Phyllis, Victoria doesn't seem so sure, says she thought Phyllis would go back to Billy, says they thrive on the drama. 

Nikki comes down and tells the kids Victor's # is out of service and her e-mails are bouncing back. Worried somethings happened to him.

Rey arrives and tells them the fire was intentionally set, says the ranch is a crime scene. Asks if they've heard from Victor. When Rey leaves Nick says Rey seems to know more than he's saying.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 6

I found Nate and Ana to be totally juvenile and annoying during their scenes with Devon. Giggling while hacking away at veggies and putting the blender on full blast while Devon clutches his head was not funny. Also, eggs, seaweed, and cheese rind to drink? Blergh. I'd rather deal with the hangover, thank you very much. 

I wonder what is up with Victor being out of reach? His phone is disconnected, his emails are bouncing back...and Summer is probably still in the airport, walking around in confused circles, because gwampa isn't there to meet her and lead her to the outside.  

Also, Ana comparing Devon's loss of Hillary to her loss of her dream, of being a musician, was a bit of a stretch. I'm still confused by what she was trying to say...Devon handled it well. though. I would have thrown my hangover juice in her face. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

I found Nate and Ana to be totally juvenile and annoying during their scenes with Devon. 

Also, Ana comparing Devon's loss of Hillary to her loss of her dream, of being a musician, was a bit of a stretch. I'm still confused by what she was trying to say...Devon handled it well. though. I would have thrown my hangover juice in her face. 

Nate is a sociopathic nightmare in yoga pants.

Ana's whine had less emotional resonance than George Costanza pretending to be a marine biologist.

• Love 9
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:36 PM, jewel21 said:

I think they were until Summer got Fen to go bully some other kid until he nearly committed suicide or something. I forgot the details, but I'm fine with them staying in separate corners.

Also, is Scotty still on the show? I don't think I've ever seen the both of them together onscreen at any point since Fen was born.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:36 PM, TobinAlbers said:

They may be swapping out Summer for Fen as the third leg in a triangle with Lola and Kyle. Fen as the sensitive musician vs. Kyle the womanizing shady businessman. 

20 hours ago, ByTor said:

Maybe he'll be here for Ana, the other musician.

Y&R sure has had a long line of musicians, haven't they? We had Reed not that long ago, Devon and his studio stuff, Danny Romalotti ages before that....I think im missing a few. It's a trope this show loves more than Philly.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Thanks, valley!

peaches, there is a glitch on the board whereby for whatever reason, if they try and edit the cdn recap post it disappears and they have to rewrite it...holly 99 and rubythroat 1 who switch off doing the recaps have had the same things happen to them....so they just leave the typos alone.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, boes said:

Nate is a sociopathic nightmare in yoga pants.

Ana's whine had less emotional resonance than George Costanza pretending to be a marine biologist.

And, as PearliteLite passed through the room at the start of the episode, she asked, is Rey one of those creeps who hides in the back seats of cars?

• Love 7
12 hours ago, jewel21 said:

What in the what now?

I am out of fucks to give for her and Dr. Chicken Soup for the Soul. 

giphy.gif

• Love 6

While marking and trying to avoid looking at cats and dachshunds on Twitter, I tried to remember what actually happened on yesterday's CDN.

Wasn't easy:

• The role of Carmen Sandiego will now be played by Victor Newman
  • Victor's just in Switzerland, having his blood changed--it's done wonders for Keith Richard
  • Nate's a sanctimonious arsewipe--cheese rinds? Is wax a key source of nutrients?
  • Ana bores me too much to comment on--Ana, you may want to look up that notable saying, "comparisons are odious"
  • Fen, you're an obnoxious little turd--I hear Reed's coming back. Could there be potential for hostility here?
  • PearliteLite suggests that lesbianism is being marked as downmarket and generically a bad choice now, courtesy of Tessa
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I wonder what is up with Victor being out of reach? His phone is disconnected, his emails are bouncing back...and Summer is probably still in the airport, walking around in confused circles, because gwampa isn't there to meet her and lead her to the outside.  

Somebody check the Saudi Turkish Embassy in Istanbul quick!

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 6