Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

The writing for Hilary is terrible, still. They want her to be some scheming vixen so bad but have no avenues to showcase it. So they invent junk like getting revenge on nobody Jordan for nothing. 

• Love 4

Wow, that happened in record time.  Jack just debased himself yesterday forgiving that pustule of a half-brother and today Show had him carrying ButtBiscuit's catheter bag while he flirtsparred with Filthyss.  I hope Peter Bergman is making a SHITLOAD of money, something, to make up for the crap they make him walk through.

So Mal actually looks at ButtBiscuit and Filthyss and sees comedy?  Amazing how differently we all see things.

I look at them and and I see 

giphy.gif

Show's gotten far more depressing than entertaining.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Billy says he is not going to give up on Phyllis, cause she is the only one who gets him.  Jack says, even though they agreed to bury the hatchet, this is "too soon" as he winces about the topic.

Oh, screw Mal. 

• Love 17
6 hours ago, bannana said:

With Jack in the wings, Billy appeals to Phyllis and says he will never betray her again.

Jack listened while Billy and Phyllis discussed betrayal and trust.

Ok mal.

?

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, tinderbox said:

Who the heck is ButtBiscuit?  heh heh heh  Are you all referring to Billy?  If so, why?  You like his butt or hate his butt?

Yes, it's Billy. And it's not just his flat ass, it's the whole nostril flaring, perpetually sneering, smug, smarmy, condescending, douchebag package that is Buttbiscuit, that we find so intensely unlikable.

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, tinderbox said:

Who the heck is ButtBiscuit?  heh heh heh  Are you all referring to Billy?  If so, why?  You like his butt or hate his butt?

As has been mentioned, he is a butt entirely made of biscuits.

/P.S., I love your avatar!

• Love 6

Lots of annoying and frankly nonsensical stuff today.

• Hilary is hanging out at the GCAC bar again, and Jordan shows up to remind her that he has naked photos of her.  And if she digs up dirt on him, he will post them and her aspirations of being the next Julie Chen will be out the window.  So rather than just drop the whole thing, Hil is determined to find the photos.  She tells Phyllis about the photos and enlists her help.  Phyllis needs to keep Jordan occupied while Hil sneaks into his room while the maid is doing turn down service.  Jordan must make a lot of money as a photographer if he can afford to live at the GCAC.
  • Meanwhile, Neil and Devon are talking biz at the GCAC.  Neil is getting bored, and he says Devon is having all the fun because he went to a meeting in NYC. He tells Devon that he sealed the deal with a PR company.  Devon says he should run their newest acquisition.  Chelz joins them for a drink and they tell her about Neil's new job.  And she pretty much says he is kind of an old fuddy duddy to be running such an edgy company.  She and Devon critique his wardrobe, and after much resistance, he agrees to let Chelz give him a make over.
  • At the Winters house, Mattie is in a foul mood, and Chuckie says it is because the divorce hearing is tomorrow.  Mattie doesn't want to discuss it when Lily tries to talk to them about it.  Chuckie asks his mom if she still love his dad, and she says yes.  He says in that case the divorce seems like a waste.
  • Billy apparently only spent one night living at the Abbott mansion.  I guess he is afraid of Dina.  He goes to the Chancellor estate and bumps into a very pregnant Juliet who is in a pink robe.  She tells him she is living there, and he said he is moving back in.  She says she will move out and he says she should stay.  Then Cane shows up and he sparsa bit with Billy.  She says she cannot stay there if the two of them are at odds, because it is too much stress for her and the baby.  They promise to be good.  She goes upstairs to her room.  Billy starts to spar with Cane, and Cane says he is indebted to Billy for saving his children.  Then he tells him he needs a secretary at Chancellor, if Billy is looking for work.  They discuss their relationship woes over big cocktails.  Cane tells Billy that Phyllis loves him, and he tells Cane that Lily loves him.  Billy says sitting around bemoaning their love lives is sad, and says they are men of action.  Billy calls them a couple of cabs.
  • Jack is at Jabot and Glo tells him that the phones are ringing off the hook because someone jacked up the wholesale prices on the west coast.  He says he didn't authorize that.  Dina walks in and tells Jack that she did him a big favour. He tells Dina she overstepped by enacting a price hike.  Glo arrives and tries to give them coffee, and Dina insults her and Jack tells her to leave them alone.  Jack wants to know why Dina went behind his back, and that what she did is not part of her job.  She snarls at him:  You were the one who invited me to work here, to benefit from my deep experience.  You are supposed to be making profits, not running a charity, what the hell is wrong with you?  Glo is listening at the door.  She says he is letting Jabot fail, while spending time with Drinki.  She tells him he is not his father and John would be ashamed with how he is ruining his company.  Glo barges in and tells Dina she is ignorant and cruel to speak that way to Jack.  She says she has been fielding calls complaining about Dina's aggressive behaviour, not to mention the emails that she sent changing terms of contracts.  Dina says it is always time for renegotiation, something a receptionist would not have a clue about.  Glo says they are threatening to take their business away from Jabot.  Glo says: stop blaming your son for your mistakes, lady.  Dina says: who are you to presume to instruct me?  Dina calls her a floozy whose only skill is how good she is between the sheets, and Glo says, at least she is loyal to the men she sleeps with, as opposed to Dina who hurts and  betrays men every chance she gets.  Jack tries to referee and then gets Glo to leave the office.  Dina says that she thought Drinki was bad, and she calls Jack a weak man for allowing Glo to run his life.  Jack calls the west coast and tells them they are not changing the price point, it was a misunderstanding.  Dina tells him he is running Jabot into the ground, and he tells her he probably brought her back to work too soon, and tells her to go home.  She asks him if he is going to fire her, and he says they will talk about it later.  Later Glo tells Jack she is heading home, but he is deep in thought.  He tells Glo he can't afford to have Dina work there, she cannot handle the stress.  But he worries that without work, she will slip into depression.  Glo says she is worried the effect Dina is having on Jack. Jack says the one thing he has learned in life is that loving someone always comes with being hurt, it is inevitable.
  • Jordan had left his phone on the bar, so Phyllis uses that as a reason to lure him to the bar.  She says now that BS is going under, Fenmore's is interested in hiring him as a photographer, and she wants to have a drink to discuss it.  Phyllis is flirting aggressively, and Hil is searching his room. Hil texts Phyllis to keep stalling, and then Jordan invites Phyllis to his room for drinks, and you know.  She suggests that they go to her place instead and he agrees enthusiastically.  Meanwhile Hilary is completely upending Jordan's room without bothering to conceal the fact that someone has broken in. She is about to give up, and then looks behind the fireplace, where she finds Jordan's box of secrets.
  • Lily shows up at the GCAC bar, and is moaning about ending her marriage and Devon and Neil comfort her.  Lily goes home.  A sloshed Cane arrives and is outside her door like a sad puppy dog, saying how sorry he is.  He says he didn't mean to get Juliet pregnant and says he doesn't even remember sleeping with her.  He says he doesn't want to get a divorce, cause she is his sexy wife and he loves her.  And the cops show up.
  • Phyllis and Jordan are at her place and he is moving quickly and she tries to slow him down with drinks.  Billy shows up and says he is not leaving until she opens the door.  She finally lets him in after taking complaint calls from the neighbours.  Billy sees Jordan and wants to know if he is making moves on his woman, and Phyllis says she is not his woman.  Billy tries to punch Jordan and ends up falling down with his crutches.  Jordan is fed up with the whole mess and leaves.  The cops arrive and Billy admits he is drunk and says he loves Phyllis.  Hilarious.
  • The musical montage at the end--are these a thing now?--has Dina sitting in the dark at the Abbott mansion, Phyllis alone at her apartment, Billy in jail, Hil gleeful in her room with Jordan's box of secrets, which includes multiple driver's licenses and the back up of the photos, Jordan sitting alone at the GCAC bar looking at a photo of him and Lily, Lily looking at her wedding photo, and Cane getting locked up with Billy.

Previews:  at the courthouse, Mikey says to Cane's lawyer: Counsellor, where is your client, and Lily says that is what she'd like to know.  At the squad room, Jordan to Paulie: I need to report a burglary.  Hilary, on the phone to someone, at GC Buzz:  We're doing a live show, I need you in the studio, pronto.  Noah to Nick: when do we start rebuilding and Nick replies, never.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I will not lie. Seeing Dina sitting in the dark made my throat clench. It made me think of my late mother who had dementia. ?

I also will admit to liking the montage this time. ☺️

Geez! I love Glo!!??

Patsy, I'm hanging on ONLY for the Dina story. This is big for the Abbotts and even Mal can't ruin it because of the actors involved (and the history).

Spoiler

Peter Bergman talked about it in his FB chat the other day. That he remembers trying so hard to hold on to his mother when he was losing her. And he is bringing that to this story. :(

But the Billy/Phyllis/Cane humour? ugh. And I will NEVER buy Hilary and Phyllis as friends. Nope. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, miamama said:

Thank you @bannana.

I want to cry at how stupid this show is. 

@miamama, thanks, I am pretty much only interested in the Dina storyline at this point.

As for the this Hilary storyline, I just don't get her motivation to bring Jordan down.  Just cause he came back to her after Lily friend-zoned him?  Seems extreme.  Neil abducted her and risked her health and life for months, and he didn't get this treatment.  So now she is going to expose his questionable past and what will that get her?  Ratings?  Who cares about Jordan!

4 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I will not lie. Seeing Dina sitting in the dark made my throat clench. It made me think of my late mother who had dementia. ?

I also will admit to liking the montage this time. ☺️

Geez! I love Glo!!??

@PatsyandEddie, my mom had Alzheimer's, for a long time, and one thing I learned is that they are aware that something is happening to them, and I think this is what is happening with Dina.  It's too bad she won't confide in Jack, but presumably Graham knew.

Glo is highly entertaining.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, bannana said:

@miamama, thanks, I am pretty much only interested in the Dina storyline at this point.

As for the this Hilary storyline, I just don't get her motivation to bring Jordan down.  Just cause he came back to her after Lily friend-zoned him?  Seems extreme.  Neil abducted her and risked her health and life for months, and he didn't get this treatment.  So now she is going to expose his questionable past and what will that get her?  Ratings?  Who cares about Jordan!

@PatsyandEddie, my mom had Alzheimer's, for a long time, and one thing I learned is that they are aware that something is happening to them, and I think this is what is happening with Dina.  It's too bad she won't confide in Jack, but presumably Graham knew.

I think Graham knew and could have been medicating her. That’s what he meant when he warned Jack that he ( paraphrasing ) didn’t know what he was getting with Dina. Without her meds, she would become a problem. 

Awww banana and PB! It’s a terrible experience for all involved. sniff sniff

• Love 8

My mom also suffered with Alzheimer’s for 8 1/2 years before she died. It was indescribably painful for our entire family. God bless all of those who have it or have loved ones who suffer from this horrifying disease. 

• Love 12
15 hours ago, bannana said:

DK is quite the favorite of Mal Young, I hear. So, that's who. 

Storywise, Jordan is a nobody photographer with nothing to lose. Hilary's audience wouldn't care about his life anymore than they'd care about mine. He has no family ties, no business, no job, no romance. No stakes. This is poor story construct. They should gave paired him with lily. At least that'd be something. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Ha ha ha... NO. Fuck you Mal. 

Thanks bannana, you rock!

Yes, you do, bannana! For intestinal fortitude alone!

We agree here--the Dina/Jack/Gloria scenes are all that's worth watching, and the actors know how to make these scenes shine.

But, but, and speaking of butts...the Rover Boys move into mommy's inherited mansion and behave like teenagers? Not cute, and more than a bit stupid. "Men of action"? Idiots in motion, more likely--neither actor has the chops to carry trite crap like this--not that anyone could, actually. Oh, then Fitz and Shitz end up in jail? Even more adorable? No, stupid and cliche'd.

The scenes with Neil and Devon and Chelsea Spacefiller were sad; not because of the content, which was just plot advancement, but because KStJ's real-life situation leaking through. Oh, and I nearly forgot! Time to exhume that weary 19thC-novel trope! The hidden box full of the past!

Yup, Mal, this is fresh all right. Fresh crap, that is. Go home.

• Love 13

It's D-Day in GC for Lane.

• So everyone is at work, or in jail, at the beginning of the day but for some reason, Sharon's coffee shop is not even open yet.  Don't coffee shops open before the workday starts?  Someone actually gets to CL before Sharon and breaks in.  Sharon thinks it is a bad guy so instead of calling 911 she approaches the back room with a coffee pot in her hand ready to bonk the intruder.   It is only Crystal though.  She escaped from witness protection because she thinks the bad guys found her.  She trusts no one including the police, and this is before she even hears about Natalia being murdered.
  • Noah and Tessa are at the GCAC and Noah says he hasn't spoken to his dad since the fire.  Wait, what?  That was two days ago! Nick shows up and tells Noah he is never rebuilding.  Tessa gets a text from Sharon re Crystal so takes her leave to rush to CL.  Noah and Nick hash it out and Noah is really not happy about Nick's decision.  Nick doesn't want to rebuild and he doesn't want to open the other locations. His heart is not in it, plus he has figured out that Prick has been sabotaging him.  He encourages Noah to use his own money and the insurance money and continue the venture on his own.  With Nick out of the picture, Prick will not target Noah.
  • Tessa shows up at CL and she and Sharon fill in Crystal on Natalia, and they show her a pic of Zack, who she recognizes as the boss.  Crystal says she is going to keep moving to avoid being hurt by Zack.  Wait, she can ID Zack but she is not going to the police?  What is wrong with these people?  Crystal convinces Sharon and Tessa that she cannot go to the police because Zack will get her if she does.  Crystal also explains that it was Alice who recruited her, not Zack, and Tessa feels that Zack must have had Alice do so on his behalf.
  • Over at the jail, Cane is waiting on Esther for bail.  Billy has already been bailed out.  Jordan arrives and talks to Paul about his room being trashed and the burglary and says he thinks it is an inside job because there is no surveillance footage.  Meanwhile, Cane is going to be late for his divorce.  Juliet shows up with the bail money and a suit for Cane. 
  • At courthouse, Lily is annoyed that Cane is late.  He shows up and appeals to Lily to not go through with it.  Chuckie also makes a plea to Lily.  She softens and is just about to suggest a postponement when Juliet shows up, saying she wants to apologize to Lily and to tell her to give Cane another chance.  Lily is furious that she is even there and gives Juliet an excellent verbal smack down.  And she says the divorce is back on.  Juliet also manages to spill that Cane was in jail.  Juliet leaves the courtroom.  She is in the foyer and Chuckie joins her, telling her the divorce is not her fault, that his dad not only cheated but also lied.  She tells him he is a good kid.  Suddenly she starts cramping, badly, and then she passes out on the bench.  Chuckie tries to help her and gets blood on his hand.  That is kind of gross, was that necessary?  He bursts into the courtroom to say something is wrong with Juliet, and Cane sees the blood and rushes out the door.  Strangely, Neil, Devon and even Lily rush out after him.
  • Paul is knocking on the door at CL.  Sharon tells him she is closed due to bad pipes.  She lets him in because he wants to talk to her.  Tessa and Crystal hide.  He tells her that Crystal has gone  missing and he figures she might come to Sharon.  He tells her that he didn't get a chance to ask Crystal if she could ID Zack, and that Zack is extremely dangerous.  Sharon tells Paul if she hears from Crystal she will let him know.  Later Sharon tells Crystal she will help her. 
  • At GC Buzz, Hilary does her big expose on Jordan which basically is to say that this guy who is a nobody has multiple identities.  She appeals to her "bees" to let her know if they know anything about Jordan.  Jordan is watching the show from the GCAC.  There is a guy at the bar also watching and he looks over at Jordan.  Jordan goes to leave and Paul arrives and tells him an officer will be assigned to his case, and he tells Paul it was all a misunderstanding, there was no robbery.

Previews:  Dina to Drinki, and Jack is with them, at Jabot: Now that you have lost Victor, any rich young man would be happy to have a free lap dance. Hah!  At the hospital, Cane wakes up and asks Lily what happened and she says they rushed Juliet into surgery.  Inside the operating room the doctor says she is losing too much blood and they have to take baby now or they will lose both of them.

Cane and Lily are in the same clothes so presumably it is the same day.

• Love 16

The stupid strikes again. If Juliet was taken to hospital right away and they had to do a crash c-section, there’s no f*cking way Cane would have had time to fall asleep. Crash sections, the baby is out in a matter of minutes.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

The stupid strikes again. If Juliet was taken to hospital right away and they had to do a crash c-section, there’s no f*cking way Cane would have had time to fall asleep. Crash sections, the baby is out in a matter of minutes.

Well, he was hungover and spent the night in jail so maybe he passed out as soon as we walked through the door!  I am intrigued that Lily is there with him.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, basiltherat said:

If I were writing this, I would have Jordan be an undercover cop or fed; thus the multiple IDs.  Don't know who he's after, but the grifter redux seems, well, redux.

Someone on the SOC board noted that one of Jordan's IDs has the name Jason Hightower. Wasn't that the name of Richard's little boy? Or was it Justin? We saw him twice that I recall, the first time in the coffee shop when Adam met Richard and the last time was when Adam was going to trial for his murder.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, bannana said:

Well, he was hungover and spent the night in jail so maybe he passed out as soon as we walked through the door!

I wonder if he had time to have sex he won't remember with someone along the way :)

• Love 10

So it is a new day in GC. 

• Juliet is in the hospital and needs to go into emergency surgery.  Cane is asleep and Lily awakens him to let him know.  Then she focusses on ordering him breakfast but he cannot eat.  He wants to know about the divorce and she suggests they put it on hold until they get some good news.  Neil shows up to show support but has to leave when he is called to a meeting.  In the OR, the doc says the placenta previa is in hemorrhage and they need to do an emergency C-section.  Cane is given Juliet's things and he tries to get in contact with her father.  Juliet's father tells Cane he doesn't want to know about it; Cane doesn't know why her father has disowned her, because she always spoke highly of him.  Hil shows up and blames Lily for Juliet's condition and says she is Juliet's  only friend. The surgery starts to go wrong, and it appears that Juliet doesn't make it, not sure about the baby.  The doc tells Cane and Lily (we cannot hear) and they look very upset.
  • Prick and Drinki are at Newman.  She is very worried about Vic, but he tells her everything is fine.  She reminds him of the fire and everything that happened at BS, and says their children have had a hell of a week.  He says they are adults.  She is worried because Vic fired Billy and now has no one at her side at BS.  Drinki wonders whether Prick would relish that Vic would fail at business.  She stomps out as Abby enters his office.  Prick tells Abby that her numbers for Design Date are spectacular and he wants to throw her a party celebrating her success at TOTT tomorrow night. 
  • Jordan confronts Hil at GC Buzz.  She says that her inbox is full of emails from people who have dirt on Jordan.  She is pretty cocky because she realizes that he didn't keep a copy of the pics he threatened her with.  She pretty much tells him she did all of this because he called her pathetic, which he calls her again, and says it won't affect him, because he has a life and a job when he walks out of there.  She says, don't be so sure about that. As he leaves, Drinki arrives and Hil shows her the pics of her and Jack.  Drinki says, go ahead and try to blackmail me, Prick has already seen those photos.  But Hil has a different goal.  She gives Drinki the hard and soft copies of the photos.  She tells Drinki that Jordan took the photos for Dina, and that Jordan works for Vic. Uh oh.
  • Jack sees Vic at the GCAC and she exudes confidence about BS, while pointing out that she has eliminated all the poison and toxins from her co. including Billy.  Jack says he is confident that BS will pass the FDA inspection and strangely Vic gets up and hugs him.  She wants a favour, she would like to get out of her lease at BS.  He agrees.  He says she doesn't seem upset at losing her company and she says who says she is losing her company and she dashes out.  On her way out she encounters Scott who has heard that Newman is acquiring BS.  He has heard from a business journalist who heard it from inside Newman. She tells him to keep quiet about it.
  • Vic, distressed, shows up at Newman and says she needs to talk to Prick.  Abby throws in her face her great success and tells her about the party.  She leaves to go plan her party.  Vic tells Prick about the leak and they both agree this is disastrous.  He calls in the entire PR department and asks who leaked.  No one fesses up so he fires them all.  Vic is upset because now they have no one to help them fix this.  He signs the agreement that she is COO and tells her to fix it.  Vic does.  Neil arrives and she hires him to be Newman's entire PR agency.  He is going to plan the announcement of the Newman BS merger.  He tells them they need to make this top priority, no distractions.  Prick says the only thing is the party at TOTT for Abby.  Neil sees this as the perfect opportunity to make the announcement and it has to be all about BS and Vic and Prick, and not about Abby.  But they aren't going to tell her about it, she will just have to suck it up when they completely betray and humiliate her in front of all her friends, family and colleagues.  Vic says that Abby is a team player, she will understand.  Yeah, right.
  • Abby goes to CL and sees Dina sitting alone.  Dina tells Abby that she has as much as been fired by Jack.  Abby tells her she should go talk to Jack.  She also tells her about her party and Dina agrees it is wonderful.  When Abby goes to the counter to get some coffee and carbs to celebrate, she glances back at Dina, who is surreptitiously stuffing Splenda into her purse.  She leaves to go to straighten things out with Jack.  Scott arrives and sees that Abby is troubled but she lashes out at him, as usual.  He is not happy that she is spreading rumours about him being a murderer.  She says she was entitled to let Nick know, as Faith is his daughter.  She says he is bringing scary people into their world.  He says she is not good at knowing who to trust.  She brags about her success and the party her father is throwing for her. 
  • Drinki goes to see Vic at BS and is worried about what is happening with BS.  Vic admits they took a huge hit but all is fine and will be revealed soon.  Drinki tells her about Jordan taking the photos.
  • Drinki then goes to pop in on Jack.  She is happy he has reconciled with Billy and hopes that Jabot and BS can get along too.  Dina shows up and says:  what is the parlance these days?  Oh yes, get a room, why don't you.  She calls Drinki a gold-digging floozy and a gyrating STRUMPET!  Not since Phoebe Tyler called Mona a strumpet have I heard that word.  What is that, like 40+ years ago? They get into quite the verbal fight, and Jack once again is forced to play referee between Dina and the women she cannot stand.  Drinki is pretty harsh on Dina too.  She calls her a nasty old woman.  Dina calls her an ex-stripper and says any rich young man would be happy to have a free lap dance.  Drinki says any man would be happy to be with  her and she wouldn't have to add him to the salary as a stud for his attention.  Dina says it is clear that Jack doesn't want her there, and she flounces out.  Jack is upset about Dina, the way she talked to Drinki and says that Dina is getting worse.  He wonders whether his father got off easy with Dina abandoning him.
  • Jordan shows up at BS and sees that the one woman moving crew Vic is in action.  He wants to know where they are moving to and she tells him he is fired, for taking scurrilous photos, and he looks stunned.
  • Dina is at the GCAC stuffing cutlery into her purse, and then she orders a Greyhound, top shelf, and says she needs cutlery. 
  • Back at Newman, Neil is a bit uneasy about what they are doing to Abby, but Prick says not to worry.  Vic arrives, in a very good mood, and she asks Neil if he can recommend a good photographer.  Abby shows up, excited to see Neil and she invites him to her celebratory party and he says he wouldn't miss it.  Vic says, after Abby leaves:  by the end of the party she is not going to be feeling very festive.

Previews:  Dina to Ash at Jabot: are you so eager to get me out of Jabot that you don't want me to set foot in the building?  Scott to Crystal, and Sharon is there, at CL:  we need to find a way to get him to admit what he is involved in, if you were to show up at the party and confront him.  Prick, to the audience at TOTT, surrounded by Newmans: I have assigned Victoria as the COO of Newman, and Abby looks stricken.

• Love 14

The Dina story is rapidly losing its charm for me.  I didn't find her scenes with Gloria or Nikki particularly amusing because the behaviour is (I assume) part of the disease.  We have a dementia patient (and both my parents died of it) acting out... but so what?  There's no knowledge of it, anywhere.  It's just a hamfisted handling of a sensitive issue.  Fail now.  Alzheimer's is a dead end story line, absolutely no pun intended.  They could have brought back a feisty Dina but I doubt they have the talent or insight to go there now.  And they can't just put her on meds and maintain the character... that would be an unfair and unethical message.  

I am pretty close to giving up again.  I guess I will watch to the end of this storyline and then assess.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Oh yeah, thanks bannana! I don't know how you keep track of all the b/s that happens on this mess but the next day it's exactly like you said.

Sometimes not so much, cause I don't take the time to look.  I have figured out there are certain scenes where I need to stop and look, such as, the Abbotts.  Hil and Jordan, that was so much blah blah blah to me.  Same with the hospital scenes.  No nuance there to catch.  Thanks @peacheslatour :)

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

The Dina story is rapidly losing its charm for me.  I didn't find her scenes with Gloria or Nikki particularly amusing because the behaviour is (I assume) part of the disease.  We have a dementia patient (and both my parents died of it) acting out... but so what?  There's no knowledge of it, anywhere.  It's just a hamfisted handling of a sensitive issue.  Fail now.  Alzheimer's is a dead end story line, absolutely no pun intended.  They could have brought back a feisty Dina but I doubt they have the talent or insight to go there now.  And they can't just put her on meds and maintain the character... that would be an unfair and unethical message.  

I am pretty close to giving up again.  I guess I will watch to the end of this storyline and then assess.

@Big Blue Plate, I hear you and I worry about this, as my mom had Alzheimer's and it is just a tragedy.  But maybe, and I know I am being Pollyanna here, the writers do understand this issue and may help with presenting it properly.  Up until now, not so bad.  The Abbott children really don't know Dina, but they see weird behaviour.  When we saw weird behaviour in my mom, like Dina, she was still independent and functioning, so we just thought, oh, she's getting old and cranky and weird.  She had some personality issues when younger so we attributed it to that.

So for the Abbott kids and grandkids, like Jack said today, maybe John was better off without her.  Cause he has nothing to compare to other than his childhood memories.   I really hope they don't fuck this up because I love Marla and she is doing a fab job.  And she said strumpet!

• Love 11

If Juliette is dead - and I think so - they totally blew a good death sequence... does anybody remember 427 BC when a character called Renata died after giving birth - in an apartment tower explosion and fire - on Search for Tomorrow?  Now that was a soapy death. A couple of tubes and a shower cap in the dark doesn't really do much. 

• Love 5

@bananna.... I hear you... I just don't want the issue presented, properly or at all.  Dina's about the most interesting thing on the damn show at present.  I'd rather her kicking ass and taking names than losing her memory.  But that's not gonna happen.

Watching since Mal's improvements to writing and pacing, I realize just how tired these actors and characters are.  I was watching 90 year old Nikki, with her I Dream of Jeannie meets Abby do and holes in her elbows, tottering - and I mean tottering (no object, with adverbial Move in a feeble or unsteady way  ‘a hunched figure tottering down the path More  example sentences 1.1usually as adjective tottering(of a building) shake or rock as if about to collapse.) through her scene and I'm just thinking this whole damn show is played out with no hope.  I don't think it can be fixed. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Big Blue Plate said:

@bananna.... I hear you... I just don't want the issue presented, properly or at all.  Dina's about the most interesting thing on the damn show at present.  I'd rather her kicking ass and taking names than losing her memory.  But that's not gonna happen.

You're right. It isn't going to happen. It looks like Mal is going to progress Dina's illness super fast and kill her off asap. 

Until then he'll use her Alzheimer's for plot points (which is gross) and comic relief (which is even more gross).

• Love 15

I was right,Dina was stuffing sugar packets into her purse. My TV keeps cutting out, looks like Juliet died,but the baby is still alive.

Ashley give up those looong straight hair extensions, they look so bloody fake.

• Love 2

It's a new day in GC.  And as much as I don't like Abby, today I felt sorry for her and realized that Vic is a stone cold bitch.

• Let's start with the truly dismal news.  Juliet is dead, the baby is in peril, Juliet's father doesn't give a shit, Lily feels guilty because at times she has wished that Juliet would just disappear (ouch!), and Cane is worried about the baby.  They have not told anyone about Juliet yet, except her father, but then who would truly care?  Very sad.  Cane has the birth certificate, and the name is blank.  Lily suggests the name Sam, as a tribute to Cane's sister Samantha.  Lily feels that Juliet is watching over Sam and Cane.  Lily tells Cane he is a good father.  In the midst of this tragedy Mattie calls her mom to ask permission to be ungrounded for the night and she agrees, so Mattie is going with Reed to Abby's celebration.  Reed comes to pick her up and the two of them are quite cute.
  • At CL, Scott and Sharon are talking about how the event tonight is just a PR stunt for Design Date.  Sharon says it's too bad Zack's evening will be ruined.  They then convince Crystal to go to the party and confront Zack, and Sharon will video it.  What could possibly go wrong?  Considering this girl is terrified for her life and presumably fragile, it was a little jarring when she said she would need a killer dress for the occasion. 
  • At Jabot, Abby is excited to tell her mom about her success and that Prick is throwing a party to celebrate her accomplishments.  She thinks that she might be getting a promotion.  Ash is very proud.  They talk about Dina and her strange behaviour, with Abby sharing about the Splenda theft. Ash muses that perhaps Dina is too intimidated to ask Mrs. Martinez where the sugar is.  Hah!  Ash relates that Dina messed up on the job too, and Graham covered for her.  Later Ash is going through a box of Dina's things, and I couldn't quite catch what was puzzling her, but Dina shows up and wants to know why Ash is going through her things. Ash says she was going to bring them home to her, and Dina is indignant. Ash tries to change the topic and says they should go home together and great ready for Abby's party, Ash doesn't want to be late.  Dina takes that has a jab at her and with that grabs the box and heads to the elevator saying that she won't be the one to make them late, and Ash sighs.
  • At TOTT, Prick and Vic arrive and Neil briefs them on the approach, to change the narrative re BS, that BS is coming home.  Zack arrives and talks to Prick about Abby and DD.  Prick says this evening is about the family and the company.  Drinki arrives and tells Vic that it is very sweet of her to come out and support her sister, and Vic says that is what family does for one another.  What a snake! Neil welcomes Drinki and they talk about his new job.  Then he asks her to play along and pretend to like Prick for the evening. Prick says if she cannot do it for the family she should leave.  Drinki acquiesces.  Abby arrives later and thanks Vic for being there for her, and Vic says it is going to be a memorable event.  Reed and Mattie arrive.  Vic is surprised that Lily allowed Mattie to join Reed.  Neil has the photog setting up a Newman family shot.  He tells Vic to stand next to Abby, in the power position, and Abby looks perplexed and he corrects himself saying both are in the power position.  Neil positions Drinki beside Vic and makes them hold hands, for the family.
  • Neil greets Ash and Dina, and says he hasn't seen her since her award and Dina snarks about that.  Ash is very impressed by Neil's new sartorial look, very, very impressed.  They agree to have a drink to catch up.  Guess they are going there.  Neil goes back to the photo shoot, and has the photog take photos of Abby while Vic looks on like a total bitch.  Just when did she decide that she cannot stand her sister?  Abby tells Vic that she thinks things are going to turn around for her soon.  Zack arrives and he and Abby talk about how Abby is being recognized for her work and that this is the beginning for the two of them.  Scott looks on and Zack sees him.
  • Prick talks to Noah about the Underpants, and he tells his Gwampire that Nick has jumped ship.  Prick offers him the job of running TOTT, which he declines.
  • Prick goes to the microphone to address the crowd.  He is surrounded by Newmans, sans Nick.  He talks about Abby's incubator project and Design Date, and how DD will be part of Newman's future. He then says the future of Newman starts right now.  He announces that Vic will be COO and in charge of her business BS.  He says the reason they are all there is to welcome his beautiful daughter Victoria back to the fold.  Abby looks devastated and Ash and Dina look sad.  Abby rushes off and Scott tries to make her feel better.  Abby wants to leave, but Zack arrives and gives her a pep talk. He says Prick just bailed out Vic, he didn't talk about any success of hers.  He tells Abby to put on her game face and congratulate Vic.  Scott approaches Prick to confirm that he will be reporting directly to Prick.  He says, with Vic beside, ultimately,  yes.  Vic icily tells him she will be meeting with all the staff and in the meantime she wants him to give her his job description and a list of projects he is working on.  Sharon and Crystal arrive, just as Prick introduces Tessa's performance.  Vic talks to Noah and convinces him to take the job of running TOTT.  She says Prick wants them all to work together as a family again, and she wants him to be part of that.  She says she will ensure that it won't go back to Prick having the final say on everything.  Right.  Noah agrees to the job. 
  • Abby approaches Vic and says no one saw that coming.  She says welcome back, she hopes they can work together for the common good, they have had their differences in the past but now they each have their own divisions to run.  Vic tells her she is handling this graciously and is being very mature.  And then she snippily says: I am COO and you will be reporting to me.  You have to run everything past me.  Abby says she cannot believe this is happening, that Prick led her to believe she was next in line.  Vic says: oh, he said that, did he?  Abby says Vic just sails back in when she almost goes bankrupt and she needs rescuing, and that tonight was supposed to be Abby's celebration.  Vic cuts her off, saying: Abby, suck it up, everyone knows you are not ready to run the company, not even close, and Abby says: Yeah, says the woman who ran her tiny little makeup "empire" right into the ground in less than a year.  Prick intercedes and says to Abby that he knows this came as a surprise, but assures her that her role at NE will continue to be much appreciated, her contributions are valued.  She says a "surprise" is someone jumping out of a cake, or a new car.  She says, this just isn't fair and she runs off.  She should have said, this is heartless sabotage by my own father and sister.  Prick says to Vic, she'll get over it, and Vic says, or not, and that will be fine too. Stone cold bitch.
  • As if Abby's night isn't shitty enough, when Zack goes to comfort her, he sees Crystal.  He tries to get Abby to leave with him, but Scott, Sharon and Crystal approach them.  Sharon tells Abby that Zack has been using DD as a sex trafficking ring, and Abby is flabbergasted and confused. Crystal confirms it.  Zack tells Crystal that Scott and Sharon have gotten Crystal in a situation that could end up bad, and Abby demands to know the truth.  He swears that he has no idea what they are talking about.  He takes Scott aside, and threatens him.  Crystal runs over and accuses Zack of getting her hooked on drugs and holding her prisoner.  She then grabs the microphone and announces to the crowd that Design Date is a front for sex trafficking and prostitution run by Zack and it is all being paid for by Newman Enterprises. So now the press actually has a news worthy story!  Neil tries shut it down.  Dina says out loud but to herself, typical, more sleaze from the Newmans, and Drinki, behind her, says, excuse me? Dina turns and says to Drinki: I should have known that tonight would turn into a disaster.  Drinki snarls back at her:  why don't you just shut up you old woman, and then Dina KNIFES HER in the arm and runs off!  HAHAHAHA!!!  Drinki screams and everyone looks her way, and Zack makes a getaway with Abby.  Scott runs after Abby but the elevator doors close.

Previews:  Sharon to Paul, still at the party:  Crystal took off before anyone had a chance to stop her, and Paul replies, sure she did.  Zack to Abby, he's driving a car: You realize, you are in this up to your neck.  Ash to Jack: Zack took off with Abby and Mother disappeared, and Jack says this is a nightmare.  And there is a shot of Dina in a parking lot getting out of a car, I think.

So I assume Abby will leave Newman and go work at Jabot, which makes more sense anyways.  Noah is working for Newman now. And Scott most certainly will be fired for the PR fiasco he created for Newman.  BTW, I thought it was odd that Jack was not invited to the "celebration" for Abby.  Same goes for Billy.

• Love 16

Oh my word.  I haven't even seen this mess yet and I can tell Show has gone completely off the rails.  Gee, thanks, Mr. Mal.  Just what we needed: a return to the same kind of speeded up, sensationalistic mess this show was a couple of years ago.  Bleah.

• Love 12

I actually thought today was fairly good, especially with Crystal literally pointing an accusing finger at Newman Enterprises while calling them out.

I’m sad they killed Juliet off, though. I can’t help but wonder if Lily will call off the divorce and agree to raise Cane’s baby...

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

I actually thought today was fairly good, especially with Crystal literally pointing an accusing finger at Newman Enterprises while calling them out.

I’m sad they killed Juliet off, though. I can’t help but wonder if Lily will call off the divorce and agree to raise Cane’s baby...

Yes, Lilly will def raise the baby with Cane.  Wonder if they will bother with a paternity test?

The whole PR storyline was so hilarious.  So Prick tells Abby he is throwing a party to celebrate her success.  She runs around town telling everyone.  Neil should have advised that they tell Abby the real story, because of course she is going to be upset and people are going to see that, especially the media.  And then Victoria turns the knife a few more times.  That is the recipe for a PR fiasco!  Of course that all didn't matter because a young woman can just grab a microphone at an event and assume it is on.  So let's say for some strange reason it was.  Someone with the PR group should have immediately cut the mike.  She could have still screamed it out, which would have been funny.

Parties at TOTT are very crazy, if not dangerous.  Poor Noah.

• Love 14