Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Those clothes were horrid. And Chelsea was not very eloquent in explaining herself. 

Now watch the majority of the audience swear that Hilary sabotaged Mariah by doing something to the shoes although we see that she didn't. 

The clothes were terrible. Mariah looked like the miserable old maid she is. LOL I don't even care if Hilary did something to sabotage her.. I am team Hilary all the way.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, crosby777 said:

The clothes were terrible. Mariah looked like the miserable old maid she is. LOL I don't even care if Hilary did something to sabotage her.. I am team Hilary all the way.

In mariah's defense, no one could have made that dress look good. Who chose this stuff? 

• Love 7

I don't know but I am finding the show kind of boring.  I do like Mariah a lot so am happy she is getting showcased more, but those scenes with Dummer and Abby, and the Lane sex shit, was just all too much for me.  Ditto Dick and Chelz.  And Kevin and Chloe.  If not for Mariah it would have been a waste of an hour.  I like the way they are humanizing Sharon and showing her maternal nature.  OTOH, they have made Hillary a bitch on wheels.

• Love 12

Speaking of Lame, can they finally be deep sixed now? They were a horribly stupid idea from the jump, well ahead of all of Cane's ever-changing back story. I mean, P3 was a teenager in 1989 when he "died" and Lily wasn't even born yet. Just, no.

• Love 9

Ugh.

Cane starts telling Lily about Jessica, his physiotherapist, and her amazing hands and touch. Lily figures out he's trying to get a rise out of her and storms off. Lily returns with a white jacket and says she's there to check on Cane. They play doctor and it's as gross as it sounds. There's temperature taking and touching and I try not to puke. 

Mariah, stunned on the ground, manages to reach for the mic, and get up. She ends the live segment and then collapses into a chair. Everyone is freaking out and she feels terrible but they all try and reassure her. Everyone except Hilary, that is, who is being her usual self. Mariah apologizes to Chelsea and Chloe but they say they're glad she's okay. Sharon wants to take Mariah to the hospital but she says she's fine. Sharon consents and says she will keep an eye on her. 

Faith is freaking out and wants to see her but Nick says she can call her. Faith calls but Sharon answers the phone. Sharon reassures Faith that Mariah is okay and Faith can pass by and see for herself. 

Kevin is freaking out and keeps trying to call Mariah but she isn't answering her phone. Chloe shows up and Kevin asks how Mariah is. Chloe is annoyed because Kevin hasn't even asked how she and Chelsea are since this made a joke of their line. Kevin apologizes and Chloe says Mariah is fine.

Summer and Abby find a video of Mariah face planting and can't stop laughing at Mariah's misfortune. 

Mariah's face is swelling and she's freaking out. Then she discovers she's an internet meme and wants to die even more. Faith comes over with cookies and tries to make Mariah feel better. Faith asks Sharon if she can stay over and Sharon says she'll okay it with Nick. Sharon reminds Faith that she has a book report to do. Sharon helps Faith with her report. 

Nick goes to see Chelsea who is upset her line isn't going to be getting the recognition she was hoping for since all anyone is talking about is Mariah's fall. They talk, blah blah, Nick thanks her for being there for him, they hug. 

Hilary says she forgives Devon for firing her and that he's clearly learned his lesson and made a terrible mistake firing her and hiring Mariah. Devon says the only mistake he made was making Mariah do a live segment when she wasn't ready. Devon finds out Mariah is trending and people love her. Hilary is livid. 

Mariah remembers falling and Hilary standing and smirking down at her. 

And that's all I can recall. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Big Blue Plate said:

This show could do with a murder mystery. 

Who killed Chloe?  has a nice ring to it.  

She's just unpleasant.  I don't know what we're supposed to like about her.

I really wish they hadn't made her Esther's daughter Kate because would be easier to depose of her. She passed her sell-by date before the ink of her annulment to Billy dried.

• Love 8

I think they are trying to include the kids more, hence why we might see Reed someday.  But Faith appears to be inserted into more stories.  She was actually the one that suggested to Mariah that maybe it wasn't her fault, which got Mariah reliving the episode.

I didn't watch very often back when Cassie was young, but I do sort of recall that the children were more visible than they have been.  Making it more family like, and probably why many kids watched with their moms and grandparents.  Which we hear a lot on these boards.  I know my niece watched after school when her grandmother, my mom, babysat.  My niece and I keep that connection and I actually started watching again because of that.

So this might be a good change.  Except today, I kept thinking Charlie and what's her name might show up and see their parents playing doctor on the living room sofa.

I do think the idea of focussing more on family and less on kidnapping and murder and torture is a good thing.  And yes, I am being somewhat facetious!

• Love 8

I couldn't pin down why I've enjoyed Faith so much lately, but I think you nailed down why. She's becoming a character in her own right and not just a prop to be pulled out when her parents are splitting up. Much like Cassie, actually. 

The family connection within the fandom is huge, especially for the CBS shows. When Jeanne Cooper passed away, I had about three generations of women on both sides of my family commenting on this on FB. Yanno how men pass their love of their favorite sports teams? Women passed down their love of their soaps (or stories, as the older women in my family called them). Even to this day, I feel like I'm cheating on CBS on the very rare occasion I attempted to follow an episode of General Hospital or AMC when I was getting my hair done. Lol.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, bannana said:

I do think the idea of focussing more on family and less on kidnapping and murder and torture is a good thing.  And yes, I am being somewhat facetious!

I get where you're going at here. This stuff didn't *not* happen in Y&R's past (see Victor's original 13 week arc), but it wasn't the main thing Y&R was known for. This was considered the "stuffy, boring show" to my school mates, who all jumped into Passions or DOOL but the slower pacing is what it did well. It wasn't the flashier shows nor did it need to be, any more than I'd expect B&B to be about gangsters and the mafia, or the P&G shows to have B&B camp factor.

If Y&R does end in the near future, I'd rather the show go out on its own terms, on a high note that I don't think any of the other shows got to go out on.

• Love 5

Nobody found Abby and Summer doing their Heckle and Jeckle routine over the Mariah-meme just a tad repugnant?

Okay, well I did. These two overprivileged, idle bims, who apparently have rather special loose time-arrangements at their "high-powered jobs" just sitting there cackling over Mariah. Charming, huh?

So long as I smell comeuppance in the offing, I'm okay here. There was a hint of online positive chatter about Mariah toward the end, so I guess it's coming.

Speaking of smelling, please, please, please, get rid of the Lily and Cane porking. Please.

• Love 19

I'm at that table pearlite. I thought it was immature. Yes, Mariah fell in public. Abby was the Naked Heiress and where do we start with Dumber? I thought it was bad taste on show's part considering the negativity and bullying out there. Fortunately there was some positivity at the end with her courageously getting up and carrying on but .....

Hilary is a straight up bitch and I don't find her hassling Mariah funny or admirable in any way. Love the actress but the character is completely unrootable in bitchmode. 

• Love 20
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 5:56 PM, Big Blue Plate said:

So I am really glad that in addition to honouring the credible business writing tradition, they're going to honour the we write comedy well tradition... because that business with Jack, Cougley and Geek Boy - oh, my sides!!!!

What is the point of Grinchary messing with Mariah's shoes?  Poor girl was made to wear a housecoat, for God's sake, hasn't she suffered enough?  I hope Adam left a decent sized estate because Chelsea won't be able to live on what she earns as a designer - I've seen scarecrows in better turn outs. 

What a great episode!  What can I say, they write Abbott breakfasts really well.  As for the rest of it.... this was pretty much as mediocre as any mediocrity from anybody before.  

I couldln't agree more. I posted just about identical comments on the main thread. The show was a total write-off. I'm gonna repeat it here, the past few shows have felt like they brought back Jean Passanante.

• Love 2

Abby and Summer enjoy memes? I haz memes:

IMG_0321.JPG

But Mariah falling on her face iz funny, says they!

IMG_0322.JPG

They've never humiliated themselves, I take it? Gnomic incest? Nephew-in-law fucking? Being the product of bodily fluids stolen by their mother from Victor's canopic jar? 

IMG_0328.JPG

Yep.

• Love 16
41 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

Do Dummer and Scabby swap stories about Scabby screwing Dummer's husband.  Put THAT in your GCBuzzz and smoke it, chickies!

They did actually reference it whilst childishly tittering over Mariah's tumble.

So, I only caught bits of today.  Drinki is full on Stepford Drinki, and we will never see a glimmer of the Drinki we sometimes got to see, the one who stood up to Prick, who was horrified by his actions.  Prick is on the rehumanization track, telling a young Dolly Parton about his life in the orphanage.  Dylan has rightly figured out that nobody actually gives a shit about him, except Faith and Sharon.

I didn't see Hillary  scenes.   Maybe something good happened there.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Dylan has rightly figured out that nobody actually gives a shit about him, except Faith and Sharon.

You put it far more entertainingly than he did. 

Why is Mariah flashing back on her ass over tea kettle like she's going to reveal the killer?  Overkill, maybe, but I think the writers only get credits, not air time. 

LOL @ Sharon:  You'll never be alone.... you've got me.  (And I've got more personality than... Hey!  Faith reliving her Dolly Parton moment and Grampire bumbling along.   That was paaaaaaaaaainful.)

• Love 3

This show is more dialogue heavy these days, with less stuff happening, which makes it harder to recap because I tend to zone out while watching.

Faith has a horseback riding lesson but Nick forgot her riding pants. Mariah reminds her she has an extra pair and Sharon brings her to the ranch after Dylan says he has no time.

Nick is there with Christian, Nikki and Victor. Nikki is not thrilled to see Sharon and is rude. She even closes the door in Sharon's face after walking her out.

Faith, Victor and Nick sing Jingle Bells while Nikki plays the piano. God this show is boring. Faith is having so much fun, she wants to skip her riding lesson. Victor says that's fine. They go up to the tree and Faith asks if Victor had a lot of presents growing up. Victor tells Faith his life story about living in an orphanage for the 453256632563 time since the show started.

Victor mentioned earlier he's thinking of retiring and spending more time with his family, allowing Nick to work at Newman, and Noah to take over the Underground so Nick can stay home with Sully and not work such stupid shifts. I guess it's nice to know Noah is still alive, even if we never see him.

Nikki had made a comment earlier that she hasn't seen Dylan in ages, even though Sharon thought he went to see her just the other day. They meet up at the park, and Sharon asks him about it. Dylan admits he went over but saw Nikki with Nick and Christian, one big happy family, and left. Dyan says that while Nikki cares about him, she will always be a Newman, and he's not. Sharon assures him he is loved, and they have their own family, that he's very much a part of.

Devon goes to see Mariah at the cottage. Her face is like black with bruises. He wants her to keep hosting. They're airing repeats right now and that's terrible for a gossip site. Mariah doesn't want to, despite having a fanbase on the internet, and Devon says it's just for now until he finds a replacement host. Devon tells Mariah if she agrees, he'll promote her. I forget the position though, sorry. Mariah is happy she won't have to make coffee anymore and agrees.

However, once at the studio, Mariah flashbacks to her fall on the red carpet, which she's currently standing on, and remembers seeing Hilary's smiling face staring down at her. She tells Devon she can't do it and has changed her mind. Devon is not happy.

Hilary is all "woe is me" to Jack and tells him about being fired. Jack tells Hilary she can always come back to Jabot but she misses the camera. She feels it's her calling and she's good at it. She says something about how when she first came to GC she was a bitch, and then overcompensated by being too nice, but in front of the camera she can be herself. Or, something. I don't know, I hate Hilary and wasn't paying much attention. Jack says he knows people in the television business and maybe he can get someone to talk to her and tell her if she really has what it takes. Hilary is happy.

The TV guy meets Hilary and says she's great in front of the camera and has a future in the business. He asks if she has a contract with the GC Buzz but she says she does not so she's free to move on. And when asked why she left, she says she wanted to prove she could make it on her own.

Hilary shows up at the GC Buzz. Upon learning that Mariah will not be hosting, Devon asks Hilary to come back but she ain't having it. Devon's phone rings and Hilary says he should take it. He does and it's Hilary's new agent. Devon looks surprised while Hilary is looking smug.

And that's all folks. I think anyway, heh.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

Faith, Victor and Nick sing Jingle Bells while Nikki plays the piano. God this show is boring. Faith is having so much fun, she wants to skip her riding lesson. Victor says that's fine. They go up to the tree and Faith asks if Victor had a lot of presents growing up. Victor tells Faith his life story about living in an orphanage for the 453256632563 time since the show started.

Show missed a golden opportunity here.  Instead of Grandma playing the piano and everyone singing Jingle Bells, Grandma should have gathered everyone around Ye Olde Stripper Pole and shown Faith the TRUE meaning of a Newman Christmas, made some pocket change while she was at it.  

Santa Baby, indeed.

I hope the message Faith takes away from Grampire's Pity Party is that not even his own parents could stand him.

• Love 16
22 minutes ago, boes said:

Show missed a golden opportunity here.  Instead of Grandma playing the piano and everyone singing Jingle Bells, Grandma should have gathered everyone around Ye Olde Stripper Pole and shown Faith the TRUE meaning of a Newman Christmas, made some pocket change while she was at it.  

Santa Baby, indeed.

I hope the message Faith takes away from Grampire's Pity Party is that not even his own parents could stand him.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! 

Thank God this s7 phone is waterproof, thats all I'm saying! ?

• Love 6

Victor: "I grew up in an Orphanage. We had no presents."

Faith: "Like Little Orphan Annie from the play?"

Victor: "Yeah. My mother was so poor, she left me at the Orphanage, so I would have a place to sleep and eat."

Faith: "And you waited for her to come back but she didn't."

Victor: "I waited many many years for her to come back. We had one last Christmas before she passed away. The only Christmas I spent with her."

Heartbreaking dialog.

And he cries too.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, spinxella said:

Heartbreaking dialog.

And he cries too.

Grampire gots the sads.  He sure knows how to put a pathological spin on the old "When I was your age..." trope, doesn't he?

Victor: "I waited many many years for her to come back. We had one last Christmas before she passed away. The only Christmas I spent with her."

Actually, a lot more like Hotel Transylvania.

"I waited many many years for her to come back. We had one last Christmas before she passed away. The only Christmas I spent with her."

That line gives me the image of Victor growing old  in the orphanage, refusing to leave, ending up on Social Security, still sleeping in a single cot in the dormitory until his mother totters in, celebrates a weary Christmas and then promptly drops dead, defeated in the end by being forced to reunite with the little horror she thought she'd gotten rid of.  

Victor's Christmas Miracle.

• Love 15

However, once at the studio, Mariah flashbacks to her fall on the red carpet, which she's currently standing on, and remembers seeing Hilary's smiling face staring down at her. She tells Devon she can't do it and has changed her mind.

Because she's bent on REVENGE! And this time it's PERSONAL!

i hope.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, jewel21 said:

And then kindly old Grampire relates the story of how he gaslighted Faith's mother with Cassie's ghost, meddled with her vitally important medication, maneuvered her into marrying his horny old ass, and to top it off, arranged for Faith's stepmom to be repeatedly raped!

Merry Christmas Y&R style!

• Love 17

^ LOL

So I am ducking but did I see a flash of chemistry between Cane and Cougley?  I thought I did.  But then again I thought I saw it between Mariah and Devonstar. 

And boy oh boy this show and business.  Evicting Crass and Brassy (sorry, I was thinking of Phyllis' new midlife crisis hair) will in no way affect their production or their distribution.  Cosmetics, even cheap ones for teenagers, are not manufactured in office towers.  They are manufactured in plants, usually in the suburbs.  Oh, writers' room, you're no Harvard Business Review.  You're not even the Learning Annex's Thinking About Your Own Burger Franchise?

Hillary is right... Devon does try to control her.  But not in a you-got-that? tribute band way, more in a clueless duh way.  Which is almost more irritating. 

Edited by Big Blue Plate
  • Love 6

Obviously, no one on this site cares one bit about Lilly and Cane. Please ship them and the twins off to Alaska, France, Sweden or .......we don't care as long as they disappear from this show. Their foreplay and sexiness is just nauseating. There is no spark between them and never has been, in my opinion.

• Love 8

That business with Nicki and Nick observing Victor being so "sweet" to Faith explaining to her how he was raised in an orphanage with no Christmas presents, etc was just unbelievable. Why would you tell a young child something like that?!  And I hated Nicki's hair today. It's way too much hair for her face. Would it be too much to ask that she and Victor just go off on a very, very long cruise into retirement? And the cruise ship hits an iceberg and sinks? Their bodies are recovered (so they can't come back later), the kids have a memorial service and then it's done, over, finished. Is that too much to ask for Christmas, 2016?

• Love 4

Unpopular opinion, but I'm not bothered by the story he told Faith. Aside from the obvious ploy to make Victor seem less repugnant, parents who have risen from less than great upbringing do tell their kids to be grateful for what they've got all the time.

Also, Faith is around nine or ten, no? Admittedly, my mom over shared WAY too much of her life to me at a young age and my therapist will be getting a 5 Series because of that, but telling your over privileged grandbrat that life could be worse doesn't qualify IMO.

• Love 4

No real recap today, folks. This is all you need to know. Jack sends everyone at Brash and Sassy an eviction notice. Victoria wants to go to daddy, Cane wants to go to Jill, and Billy wants everyone to stop. They have until New Years to find a new place. Cane tries to appeal to Ashley, but she says it's Jack's decision.

Mariah agrees to host thanks to a pay upgrade. Hilary wants to make Devon grovel on his knees and beg her to come back to the GC Buzz. Hilary makes a comment that she and Devon are just playing house since they live in a hotel. Devon buys her Chelsea's building and they will be moving into Sage's old apartment.

Also, it looks like Phyllis gets a makeover next episode.

That's all folks.

• Love 9

Oh noes B&S has to move. Mean Jack is so unreasonable. Especially when his brother used the situation to snog Jack's wife on the elevator every chance he had.

This is weak. As if B&S would have any issue leaving their competitor's premises.

RME

At least they'll be out. Transition....

• Love 7

I have a hard time imagining a lease on a place of business that gives you a period of notice that is fifteen days.  Let alone plain old calendar days.  Although with these three it isn't hard imagining the moron who'd sign it.  Again with the picky, but for me a big part of taking it as seriously played drama is basic authenticity about the plot.  If this is as it is to be, they could have kept any number of the previous hacks who wrote this crap.  Or Victoria could host a children's party where they build new office space on top of the Jabot building out of construction paper, which they can do because Santa left Billy a signed OK piece of paper that John wrote up and signed and left with Santa just in case something like this happened around Christmas and they needed it for those scripts then and stuff also too.  

• Love 5
13 hours ago, jewel21 said:

They have until New Years to find a new place.

which will be the claustrophobic work space of Chelz2.0 since rumor has it they are going to go out of business as a result of The Fall.

Hilary makes a comment that she and Devon are just playing house since they live in a hotel.

then shouldn't it be "playing hotel"?

Devon buys her Chelsea's building and they will be moving into Sage's old apartment.

now I'm really confused.  Will they be playing 'building' or 'apartment'?

4 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Again with the picky, but for me a big part of taking it as seriously played drama is basic authenticity about the plot.

Exactly. This kind of stuff has always bothered me.  Outrageously incorrect facts are distracting and take me out of the story.  I believe every good lie has a little truth in it.  The same could apply to story writing.  Make the unbelievable believable.

• Love 6

Ok of the whole two hours the only bit that worked for me was Cane yelling that Billy had no scruples or he wouldn't have slept with his brother's damn wife and Billy yelling back at least he wasn't a mercy hire.

But I think Jill spoke for us all when during the previews she yelled (something she's been doing for about a decade now):  WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE? 

Good question.  No idea. 

• Love 6

Phyllis looked better as a red head. Now she looks like Sage and it's freaking me out.

It's Summer's birthday. She's bummed about the year she's had but Phyllis and Nick decide to throw her a surprise party at the Underground. They invite Victor as well in the hopes he will behave with Phyllis. He makes no promises. But manages to act like a semi-human in her presence. Nick and Phyllis pay for Summer to go away with some friends on a beach somewhere since she mentioned wanting to put her feet in the sand earlier. Nikki and Victor got her some couture piece.

Jack hires movers to pack up B&S things. Everyone is mad and freaking out, even though Jack keeps saying it's not personal. Vicky, upon listening to Cane and Billy fighting, throws a bunch of stuff off a table which makes them finally shut up.

Noah is happy at the Underground and business is good. Noah and Victor have some tense words since Victor tried to have Noah arrested and all that. Grandpire apologizes and Victor says he's always welcome back at Newman. Noah declines.

And that's really all I can recall. This show is boring, ya'll.

• Love 14

For me this was an episode of I can't decide. 

I can't decide what they're going to do with Dylan.  For awhile I thought he was going undercover to be recast as a cheaper actor.   After the previews I think he's gonna get buried and the Widow Sharon will be seeking comfort and botox.  Faith made me howl... I wonder who will represent her:  Michael or Leslie?

I can't decide the purpose of that one off flashback.  For a whackadooodle minute I thought they were shock testing a Jack and Jill redux thing. 

I think I can decide that it's now officially a case of Jack protests too much... he wants to be with her in spite of himself.  One promising thing is they will write it with a suitable amount of time to get to the point he is with her again vs. reuniting them next week.  I know for sure that sometimes this show makes me talk to the TV screen, as if I am watching Rocky Horror with no songs and worse acting.  It makes me shout things like 'just have a heart attack, Victor' and 'shut up, FAT Paul!'e

Eileen Davidson must have taken her acting pill... she was good today.  I can't decide about that girl... sometimes she delivers her performance like she's just glad she can remember all those words and other times she's like acting.  I can't decide.

Edited by Big Blue Plate
  • Love 12

I have no problem with Dullen the human pine tree being felled and rooted. He was a character that was never needed and I couldn't care less about the retconned relationship to Nikki and Paul. 

The huge downside is having Paul bury yet another son and we'll be treated to the carpet chewing thereof. But Dylan himself....eh.

This Jack with this Jil....hell no. They are both decent actors, but even Lily and Cane have more chemistry romantically.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 2