Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Sharon did a DNA test confirming it was Christian 

She did that by getting Sage's DNA from a glass, correct? I don't remember, but did Sharon also have her own DNA tested to prove she wasn't the mother?  I would have preferred if somehow Sharon got Nick's DNA tested, and not her own, thus having a valid reason to believe that Dr. Anderson did not gaslight her & that Sully was really hers.  Sage, getting the nurse to confess about the baby switch, wouldn't be able to snarl about him being Christian without outing her paternity lie.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, ByTor said:

She did that by getting Sage's DNA from a glass, correct? I don't remember, but did Sharon also have her own DNA tested to prove she wasn't the mother?  I would have preferred if somehow Sharon got Nick's DNA tested, and not her own, thus having a valid reason to believe that Dr. Anderson did not gaslight her & that Sully was really hers.  Sage, getting the nurse to confess about the baby switch, wouldn't be able to snarl about him being Christian without outing her paternity lie.

Yes, I think she used a glass and not sure why Sharon decided to test Sage for maternity and I didn't know there were maternity tests in addition to paternity!  LOL 

Sharon keeping Christian knowing he wasn't hers was cruel to everyone.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

and I didn't know there were maternity tests in addition to paternity!  LOL 

DNA tests show the genetic contribution of both parents.  'Paternity test' is a legal thing re child support. That's the reason they are called 'paternity tests' - to establish who the daddy - because most women (Sharon and Ashley excepted) fucking know if they birthed a baby. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, MollyB said:

DNA tests show the genetic contribution of both parents.  'Paternity test' is a legal thing re child support. That's the reason they are called 'paternity tests' - to establish who the daddy - because most women (Sharon and Ashley excepted) fucking know if they birthed a baby. 

The concept of a maternity test reminds me of the ridiculous Bold and the Beautiful, where one had to be done because the eggs got mixed up for an in vitro fertilization - aka the "scrambled eggs" incident :)

• Love 5

Does anyone care about show these days? I feel like I can barely bring myself to recap.

The secret is out, Hilary airs it on the GC Buzz. Sharon is vilified as usual. Hilary wants to interview Mariah. Mariah says screw this, I quit. Devon implores her to stay and mentions that the best way for her to help Sharon is to tell her side of the story by doing the interview.

Noah is back. He's sticking up for Sharon while Summer bad mouths her left and right and Nick says he just wants to move on and be positive for Christian.

Vikki and Travis fight because Billy keeps acting like a turd and Travis is getting sick of Billy always being around Victoria and of Victoria always standing by Victor. Travis' ex conveniently comes by to see Ashley and Travis runs into her at the park. After drinking at the Underground and venting to Noah, Travis comes home to find Billy there with Victoria and loses it. Victoria is mad Travis is drunk and orders a car to take him away. Travis shows up at the GCAC and knocks on his ex's door.

Jack wants to send Phyllis to NY for good as a promotion. She says no, they kiss.

Billy and Victoria have to convince Cane to get his damn surgery and he finally agrees. Mostly because it means he won't have to see Billy's face for a few days.

Billy does a Christopher Walken impression.

I'm sure there's more stuff but this is all I remember at the moment.

• Love 14

All I cared about was the Phack stuff and Peter was great as usual. So, thanks for the recap of all of it, Jewel. Appreciated.

1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

Billy does a Christopher Walken impression.

lol

• Love 5
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 9:51 AM, Artsda said:

Nikki's throwing vases in Sharon's house, Sharon should slap her and call the police.  

she might murder you.

I still can't believe Nick and Hammertoes didn't see the 'dead' baby. Most people in this case take the chance to hold the baby once or get a photo. Apparently they were ok with it just vanishing. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, MollyB said:

I think the baby was in an incubator and not sure if they were able to do anything but look at him but they must have seen him at that time......

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I think the baby was in an incubator and not sure if they were able to do anything but look at him but they must have seen him at that time......

All the more reason to hold the baby once you are able. To say goodbye. To make sure it wasn't tossed with the laundry.

Edited by crowsworks
  • Love 4

I was going to recap in the morning but, after all the love and appreciation, I feel bad making you all wait, haha. Thanks again for the kind words, everyone!

Noah comes to see Sharon who is in the nursery packing up Christian's things. Mariah is with her. Sharon is ready for Noah to ream into her just like everyone else, but Noah is sensitive to her situation. And, after Sharon gives her side, he understands her motivations a bit more.

Mariah goes back to the GC Buzz and agrees to take Devon's offer.

Nick is at home with Christian and Chelsea. He has a box of things he packed up when he thought Christian was dead. Nick starts showing and explaining some of the items, including a stuffed rabbit, to Chelsea. Sharon comes by with Sully's things. Nick at first tells her that he has everything Christian needs, but Sharon says Sully/Christian loves some of these items and it would be good and comforting for him to have them around. I agree with Sharon. Shut up, Nick, and take the damn box. Sharon then mentions that Dylan has been working on a birthday party for Sully for awhile now. Nick says Christian's birthday was last month. Yes, but no one celebrated it, dipshit, so have it this month. God! Anyway, Nick gets mad and says there is no Sully blah blah, and kicks Sharon out. Sharon pleads with Nick to consider it. It would be a great way for the whole family to celebrate and shower Christian with love. Once Sharon leaves, Chelsea says she sort of agrees with Sharon and Nick seems to be reconsidering his stance.

Sharon shows up at the GC Buzz and tells Hilary she wants to tell her side of the story. Hilary thanks her and Sharon says she expects to be compensated. Mariah is freaking out and tries to convince Sharon not to do it. She mentions Sharon doesn't need the money, and Sharon says the money is going to a children's charity. Hilary comes back and tells Sharon they're ready for her to do the interview. Sharon leaves with Hilary while Mariah leaves a desperate message for Dylan to come to the GC Buzz and stop this horror show.

Jack keeps insisting Phyllis go to New York. Phyllis says no and thinks this is Ashley's doing. Jack insists it's all his idea and that the kiss was a mistake. Phyllis says that if Jack tries to send her away, she will take half of Jabot. Frustrated, he tells her fine she can stay, and Phyllis marches off to her broom closet.

Travis sleeps with his ex and then regrets it afterward. Victoria, after listening to Billy say nice things to her about Travis, agrees she over-reacted. Victoria calls Travis and asks him to come home. Victoria apologizes to Travis and asks for forgiveness. She hugs him while he looks on guilty as sin and pained.

Previews show Sharon getting arrested at the GC Buzz and Dylan trying to stop it while Mariah looks on.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Noah comes to see Sharon who is in the nursery packing up Christian's things. Mariah is with her. Sharon is ready for Noah to ream into her just like everyone else, but Noah is sensitive to her situation. And, after Sharon gives her side, he understands her motivations a bit more.

I loved the scenes with Sharon and Noah. I hate the fact that Robert Adamson was bumped to recurring status, hopefully the new regime can figure out a way to incorporate him into upcoming storylines. Plus, I think RA is gorgeous. *swoon*

Edited by ezzylin
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Phyllis says that if Jack tries to send her away, she will take half of Jabot.

??I'm confused.??  Does she mean half the staff?  Half the accounts for whateverthehell it is Jabow produces? Half the office supplies?  Cause I'm pretty sure you can't renegotiate the terms of a divorce once it's final.  It is final, right?  What happened to the newimprovedJack who would have answered, "Go ahead, do it."?  Isn't he her boss and she either goes where he sends her or quits? WTF?

11 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Thanks again for the kind words, everyone!

No, thank you.  I have great appreciation for anyone who can physically watch a whole show and then recap it.  Stay strong.

• Love 7

So Billy begins to guess Travis cheated on Vicki. Previews show him glaring at Travis. Seriously??? He is judging Travis and offended on Victoria's behalf? He who fucked his brothers wife for months, taunted his brother, still BLAMES his brother, still openly wants his sister in law. GMAFB.

If someone doesn't call him out on this you will hear me scream.

• Love 15

Quick one tonight because I just finished watching Lucifer and I can't get that show out of my head to recap this one properly, heh.

Sharon tells her side on the GC Buzz. Everyone tunes in and is annoyed. Dylan shows up at the GC Buzz and basically drags Sharon off camera and tells Hilary the interview is over. At one point during the interview, Hilary asks Sharon if anyone else knew about the secret. Sharon eyes naturally bug out and she stares at Mariah off-camera before telling Hilary the only people who knew the secret were her and Patty. The look shared between Sharon and Mariah doesn't go unnoticed by Hilary.

Off-camera, Hilary mentions the look and Mariah denies knowing the truth. While Sharon and Dylan are talking, a cop shows up and handcuffs Sharon. Hilary grabs a camera and starts filming. Sharon begs Hilary not to film this since it's embarrassing and Hilary puts down the camera, but naturally, it's still taping.

Nick and Chelsea got stuck at Crimson Lights and are watching the segment with Sharon. Nick is livid. Reporters find out where they are and with Ester's help, Nick, Chelsea and Christian go out the back.

Jill is annoyed to find out no one is working, especially since Jabot just launched a new app. Billy tells Jill that Victoria is too busy making up with Travis, thanks to Billy's help, and Cane just had surgery. Jill can't believe Billy is pushing Victoria and Travis together.

Down at the precinct, Paul gets a call from Nikki asking him why he isn't pursuing charges against Sharon. He hangs up with Nikki and Christine asks the same thing. Sharon comes into the station and Paul talks to Sharon while Christine questions Dylan. She asks Dylan if he thinks Sharon was of sound mind when she withheld the info from him. Dylan says yes. Christine says she had no choice but to press charges against Sharon for kidnapping. Dylan calls Michael for help.

Vicky and Travis make out but he can't go further and suggests they go out for the evening since the babysitter is upstairs with the kids. Um, the sitter is upstairs while Vicky makes out with Travis on the couch downstairs like a bunch of horny teens? Eww.

Anyway, they go to the Underground, which is where Nick has gone with Chelsea and Christian to seek refuge from the press. They kick everyone out. Victoria goes to kick Travis' ex out, who just showed up. She plays coy saying she's new in town, thought this would be a great place to hang out, etc. Travis is freaking out by trying not to show it. Finally, his ex leaves. Victoria makes a comment to him about how some people just can't take no for an answer.

Everyone hangs out and Victoria tells Nick that they should do a dual birthday party tomorrow for Christian and Katie. Nick agrees. Travis suddenly decides he now wants to head home, much Victoria's surprise since they just got there. They go back home and make out some more. Apparently, Travis leaves his ex a text thanking her for not saying anything to Victoria earlier.

Billy, at the GCAC, just happens to be sitting next to Travis' ex when he sees the text. He doesn't look thrilled.

And that's all I recall.

• Love 11

What happened to the newimprovedJack who would have answered, "Go ahead, do it."?  Isn't he her boss and she either goes where he sends her or quits? WTF?

Jack is such a disgusting wimp.. I hate him so much.. he makes me hurl.. UGH I hate him almost as much as I hate that freak Sharon.. Hard to believe I know.. buttttttt.. Jack is so gross..

• Love 1

So Billy begins to guess Travis cheated on Vicki. Previews show him glaring at Travis. Seriously??? He is judging Travis and offended on Victoria's behalf? He who fucked his brothers wife for months, taunted his brother, still BLAMES his brother, still openly wants his sister in law. GMAFB.

If someone doesn't call him out on this you will hear me scream.

Kinda like the hypocrite Ashley bashing phyllis for cheating when she has done it many times.. this is what they do,., they are all hypocrites

• Love 1

Isn't there something Chelsea would like to share with Nick while she's spending all that time with him and CAN? She is the way, the truth, and the light of Genoa City after all. 

I love how Nikki treats the local law enforcement and justice system like her own personal revenge-dispensing goon squad. Bloody Drinki and her psychopath husband have some nerve. 

Learn to control your face, Sharon. 

Hot damn, a dual Newman birthday party! If you enjoy watching the adults from a morally diseased family perform a tasteful circle jerk, with one hand used to self-gratify and the other patting the next person on the back for being righteously superior to the rubes and peons, strap on a pointy hat and join the fun! Nick gets to wear the white cone cap with the big D on it; it stands for Dad. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Billy just wants to Victoria to be happy, even if it's with Travis. Awww. Nope, not buying it. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Billy just wants to Victoria to be happy, even if it's with Travis. Awww. Nope, not buying it. 

The Redeem Train is a-chugging.

He really truly WUVS her, don't you see? So he can let her go to a better man.

He has no desire for his brother to be happy, of course, and continues to stalk his wife and taunt him. But we are to buy that this asswipe is decent.

#BillyCannotBeFixedUntilHisRelationshipWithJackisAddressed

My hashtag aside I expect ButtBiscuit will realize that oops he's kinda worse than Travis and maybe he really did HURT Jack. He had better or that Redeem Train will have derailed big-time.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Down at the precinct, Paul gets a call from Nikki asking him why he isn't pursuing charges against Sharon. He hangs up with Nikki and Christine asks the same thing.

10 hours ago, jewel21 said:

While Sharon and Dylan are talking, a cop shows up and handcuffs Sharon.

Why were cops arresting Sharon if Paul hadn't pressed charges and gotten a warrant?  Do the cops just listen to tv and run off to arrest people that admit to crimes on a dumb reality show? I'm not sure that is probable cause.  (If that really happened I can think of at least one person who admitted, on tv, to not paying taxes that should be charged, arrested, tried, burned and hung.)

I had hopes that the new regime would hire some research people and maybe a continuity person.  Perhaps, after SB leaves and they can afford it?  Pretty please?

12 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I love how Nikki treats the local law enforcement and justice system like her own personal revenge-dispensing goon squad. Bloody Drinki and her psychopath husband have some nerve. 

That's pretty much what the law enforcement and justice system in GC is.

Edited by MollyB
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, MollyB said:

If that really happened I can think of at least one person who admitted, on tv, to not paying taxes that should be charged, arrested, tried, burned and hung.)

I see what you did there. ;)

then again, this is the same show that held a trial in CG for a crime in Hawaii, among the many other blunders to the criminal system.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, MollyB said:

Why were cops arresting Sharon if Paul hadn't pressed charges and gotten a warrant?  Do the cops just listen to tv and run off to arrest people that admit to crimes on a dumb reality show? I'm not sure that is probable cause.  (If that really happened I can think of at least one person who admitted, on tv, to not paying taxes that should be charged, arrested, tried, burned and hung.)

I had hopes that the new regime would hire some research people and maybe a continuity person.  Perhaps, after SB leaves and they can afford it?  Pretty please?

That's pretty much what the law enforcement and justice system in GC is.

It's weird, I believe they brought her in for 'questioning' but I seem to recall her being turned around handcuffed. Of course, I mostly listen to the show while playing Pet Rescue Saga and Soda Candy Crush so maybe they changed their mind at some point and didn't bother. I honestly can't recall.

• Love 2
Just now, HeatLifer said:

Billy trying to out Travis is super rich considering his recent past. This show really should have had him beg Jack for forgiveness before plopping him in a storyline about exposing a cheater.

Thank you!

I'm just so over this guy having, like, no awareness. At all. Leave that self righteous moralizing to Nick and his Sharon pissfests.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Thank you!

I'm just so over this guy having, like, no awareness. At all. Leave that self righteous moralizing to Nick and his Sharon pissfests.

I do wonder if it's possible TPTB are using this as a catalyst for Billy to finally understand what he did to Jack. 

• Love 4

Ashley and Michelle knew each other from university, yes?  Because the actresses are nowhere near the same age.  Sorry, Eileen, your throat's telling tales... And that's cool, she's gorgeous... but if Ashley and Michelle were at the same school it's because it had a daycare when Michelle's mom went there.

• Love 4

That Ashley and Michelle knew each other from college is so laughably ridiculous, even for Y&R. They have jumped the shark for sure. If they pursue this stupidity, I am finally done.  I can't even laugh about it anymore. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I do wonder if it's possible TPTB are using this as a catalyst for Billy to finally understand what he did to Jack. 

That's what I think is happening. There were plenty of ways to write Travis off and they chose this - with Billy having a front row seat.

• Love 1

Quick one cuz I'm falling asleep at the keyboard.

It's Katie's and Christian and Victoria's bday party. Nikki is setting up and super happy. Victor is also happy since almost all the Newmans will be under one roof and he's all about family.  The moment is ruined however, when Nikki mentions she feels sorry for Dylan and Victor tells her Dylan is also at fault for not knowing Sharon was pregnant. Nikki says she's sorry but she can't just put one son over another. Victor says too bad, sometimes you have to. The fight is broken up by Victoria, Travis, Katie and Johnny. I think they recast Katie again. Was she always blonde?

Dylan is at the station. He wants Paul to drop the charges against Sharon. Paul says they can't, Sharon confessed to a crime on live TV. Dylan asks when will Sharon get bail but Paul tells him not to hold out hope since Sharon is a known flight risk.

Dylan goes to see Nick and pleads with him not to press charges. Nick says he wasn't even aware Sharon was arrested. Dylan explains the situation and begs Nick again.

Nick goes down to the police station and tells Christine and Paul he will not be filing charges. They tell him he might be subpoenad anyway. Christine and Paul go confer in his office. 

Everyone is at the party except Nick. Chelsea even invited Chloe. This leads to another hostile conversation between Victor and Chloe where they threaten one another for their part in Adam's arrest and death. Chloe eventually leaves, taking Connor and Bella with her since they're tired.

Earlier, Abby commented to Chloe how adorable Bella was and asked who was the father. Awkwardness ensued.

Billy is at the party, gets Travis alone, and calls him out on sleeping with his ex. Travis is not amused.

Meanwhile, Victoria is happy and 'glowing' according to guests after thinking she worked everything out with Travis.

Victor gives Christian a silver dollar as a birthday gift. Just then Nick, Dylan and Sharon walk in carrying gifts. Nikki rolls her eyes in exasperation and annoyance while Victor just looks annoyed.

Ashley confronts Michelle who says she and Travis slept together the night before.

1 hour ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Ashley and Michelle knew each other from university, yes?  Because the actresses are nowhere near the same age.  Sorry, Eileen, your throat's telling tales... And that's cool, she's gorgeous... but if Ashley and Michelle were at the same school it's because it had a daycare when Michelle's mom went there.

I thought they met while Ashley was living in NY?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Is that was stated? I skipped it but earlier I thought they just met working in NYC.

• Love 2

I could be wrong re: Michelle because I pay so little attention to these day players and also I haven't seen all their scenes. But I *thought* it was a Wall Street connection.

LLB is such a piss poor actress. Gods. She seems extremely nice and normal IRL. But when she's in tough lawyer mode?? Eeks.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Sharon confessed to a crime on live TV.

Certified Crazy Person 'confesses' to a crime that originated in the mental facility she was in at the time.  Yup, that should hold up in court. I want to be her lawyer-this is a slam dunk incapacitated defense.  Side note:  how stupid is it of Paulie to arrest her on that 'evidence of guilt'  given it's his daughter-in-law?  Gotta love family-Thanksgiving should be a real treat.

15 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Dylan goes to see Nick and pleads with him not to press charges.

Here we go with GC Justice again.  I think it's up to the DA to investigate and press charges.  Oh, crikey, I forgot the DA is The Bug.

Earlier, Abby commented to Chloe how adorable Bella was and asked who was the father. Awkwardness ensued.

Money wasted on private schools-girl has no manners.

Billy is at the party, gets Travis alone, and calls him out on sleeping with his ex. Travis is not amused.

Did he and Abby go to the same school?

Victor gives Christian a silver dollar as a birthday gift.

Which Christian promptly puts into his mouth, swallows and chokes to death, and voila' , no more baby swap story to mess with.

14 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Anyone know why the Bug played it like such a bitch today?

She's been playing it that way ever since she came back.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, MollyB said:

Which Christian promptly puts into his mouth, swallows and chokes to death, and voila' , no more baby swap story to mess with.

Hahaha!!!! ###DEAD###.........well, so to speak.....

• Love 6

I know this probably makes me a bad person but I found Faith trying to break up with Sharon just hilariously funny.  

You know, I know Ashley doesn't have much of a part but town buttinsky really doesn't suit her.  I'm not an exhibitionist, Tracey, I'm am expositionist. They need me.  

• Love 6

This episode bored me but here's what you need to know.

Traci is back, yay! And she's as sweet as ever. Phyllis runs into her and expects Traci to lay into her for sleeping with Billy and hurting Jack but Traci says it's none of her business. Traci does call Jack out on still having feeling for Phyllis, though. Also, it looks like Jack still hasn't signed the divorce papers. Hmm.

Billy keeps telling Travis he knows about his ex but Travis insists nothing happened. He gets a text saying to meet him at the GCAC NOW and he goes running, telling Victoria that he forgot Katie's present at the house and is going to run and get it. Travis shows up at the GCAC and learns the text was from Ashley. Ashley confronts Travis and tells him she knows he slept with Michelle because Michelle likes to overshare and told her. Travis insists it was a mistake and he wants to be with Victoria. Ashley tells him to come clean with Victoria or she will.

Nick tells everyone at the party that he wants Sharon and Dylan there. Victor starts to protest but after Nick threatens to move the party elsewhere, Nikki says Sharon can stay. Sharon thanks her but Nikki says she didn't do it for her. Everyone is upset Sharon is there except Chelsea who actually says some nice things to Sharon. This, however, is ruined by Victoria who tells Sharon she is not happy she is there. Sharon leaves.

Dylan is sad and Faith asks Nick if Dylan can wish Christian a happy birthday and hold him. Nick agrees and Dylan holds Christian. Dylan tells Christian he will always have a special place in his heart and if he ever needs anything, he can always come to him. Then Dylan leaves.

Meanwhile, Victor tells Chelsea that she should be there for Nick and Christian the way Adam wanted Nick to be there for her and Connor.

The party breaks up and it's time for Faith to go to Sharon's since it's her night, but Faith doesn't want to leave. Chelsea says if they leave now, Faith can say bye to Whispers, the pony. Faith agrees.

Dylan comes to the house and finds Sharon there. They argue. Sharon keeps calling Christian Sully and saying he should be with them, they should have run with him, etc. Dylan reminds her that Sully never existed and Christian was never theirs to begin with.

Faith comes home and sees everyone is sad. Dylan notices something is off with Faith. Faith admits she doesn't want to be there.

Victoria finds Travis at the house. She asks what happened to him. He gravely tells her they need to talk. Victoria looks worried.

Previews show Faith telling Dylan and Sharon that she wants to go live with 'daddy' and Christian. Sharon looks shocked.

Edited by jewel21
  • Love 13

Ashley needs to borrow Tracy's "none of my business" attitude. 

You have to admire Victor's consistency. He can be a fuckbag in any social situation, including a child's birthday party. Perhaps when he was a child something ruined Little Victor's birthday party; maybe a stegosaurus took a steamer on his cake. 

The destruction of Travis continues apace yet fails to make Buttbiscuit look like a viable alternative. 

Faith just wants to watch Nick change a diaper with his toes, Sharon. The novelty will eventually wear off.

• Love 16