Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Here's an article about her...

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/2010-05/06/content_9816309.htm

She was 27 when she was a DCC.  I'm pretty sure she was a Houston Texans Cheerleader, but I can't find any photos.

Isn't it funny that even with the Internet, it is hard to find photos of her when she was with Houston.

2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

The vets didn't name her yet, I think someone picked Mia,  I think Tia?  and Kitty said no, and then Kitty said that she was picking Malia. She was very under the radar but in the early episodes of season 4 they did discuss her a bit. 

I was just trying to think of something to jog Bytor's memory and that was the only scene I remember - Kitty getting frustrated with Crystal and then now she's at her baby shower.  Time flies:)

On 1/19/2019 at 3:08 PM, DCC.Style.fan said:

The time when they were doing the nothing but net challenge and Sarah Gourley is shown saying she wants to go up with her group to be their backbone and support then the scene immediately switches to her going up while screaming and having a panic attack in fear with the calm tccs looking on.   

Omg how can I see this??? 

On 1/19/2019 at 5:08 PM, DCC.Style.fan said:

The time when they were doing the nothing but net challenge and Sarah Gourley is shown saying she wants to go up with her group to be their backbone and support then the scene immediately switches to her going up while screaming and having a panic attack in fear with the calm tccs looking on.   

YES. CLASSIC. "Getmedowngetmedowngetmedown"

• Love 1
On 1/19/2019 at 5:13 PM, parrotfeathers said:

Once my boss told a girl where  I worked "you have to use your head for more than a hat rack."  Maybe Kelli can use that some time.

lol 

I had a teacher in 10th grade math, Mrs. Robinson, who said that all the time.  

She was one of my favorite and most memorable teachers. 😊

On topic. What does Morgan do now? 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

lol 

I had a teacher in 10th grade math, Mrs. Robinson, who said that all the time.  

She was one of my favorite and most memorable teachers. 😊

On topic. What does Morgan do now? 

Photography.  She takes a lot of the shower pics/baby pics for her fellow DCC.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Malia was point potential. Why oh why did she only tease us with just one year on the team. 

I loved Malia. I don’t know her personally, but seemed like a rockstar. Stanford alum, cheered professionally for 2 teams, and now has a very well established career in Houston in finance. For me, this is a woman little girls should look up to. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Thanks for all the pictures of Malia.  I still have no idea who she is.

You are not alone.  Even with the pictures, I'm drawing a complete blank on the girl.  So bizarre.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

You are not alone.  Even with the pictures, I'm drawing a complete blank on the girl.  So bizarre.

Well, she had no reason to be brought into the office.  It's like Cassie K in Season 6 - had no clue who she was until she didn't make TC in Season 7.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, she had no reason to be brought into the office.  It's like Cassie K in Season 6 - had no clue who she was until she didn't make TC in Season 7.

Yep. Sadly, they focus wayyyy too much on the ones that struggle and don't make it and we know nothing about some that actually become DCC...

• Love 9
On 1/19/2019 at 7:10 PM, Loves2Dance said:

It's fairly hard to trump Chelsea's blow up or Vivian's poem or VK's mascara. 

I agree. Hard to compete with “Lucid Dream” but I think the Cassie/Ally/Taylor fiasco deserves honorable mention.  And any time Kaitlin LeGrand was in the office her second training camp. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PhilForPoint said:

I agree. Hard to compete with “Lucid Dream” but I think the Cassie/Ally/Taylor fiasco deserves honorable mention.  And any time Kaitlin LeGrand was in the office her second training camp. 

If we're going to honorable mentioned the Cassie/Ally/Taylor issue then I think we should honor Judy crying over a text message from Cassie after she apologized for screwing up finals and then still making it to TC. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

Don't forget the infamous the late Meagan F. telling off Kelli and Judy during her cut scene in Season 5. 

GOOD ONE!!!

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:40 AM, Tootie said:

Lol....  far right.

j2ffntk5qbszz2h3rqyc.jpg

Just realized Kelsey was in the 3rd row 2 years in a row. In 2008 she was in Malia's spot (right side) and in 2009 on the left (as picture above).

On 1/20/2019 at 8:17 AM, LaurelleJ said:

Malia was point potential. Why oh why did she only tease us with just one year on the team. 

Malia has and had a real job. I think I’m investment banking or private wealth management. I was always amazed she did DCC even for one year. Definitely one of my all time faves.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Don't forget the infamous the late Meagan F. telling off Kelli and Judy during her cut scene in Season 5. I secretly hope another girl does the same thing again.

How could I forget?!? Thanks for including that one. Definitely a hall of fame moment. 

• Love 2

More great moments

Jay in the dunk  tank- season 1 last episode

when the football players come in and compete in challenges with the girls usually having rookies compete against vets- seasons 2 and 3

Tin man dance -season 8 episode 2 or 3

Holly trying to lie her way out of trouble -season 12 episode ?

in season 7 I enjoyed everything about Danielle's and Jasmine's friendship and journey through camp.

Taylors bitchy reaction to her haircut. season 6 

Karen and her Star SPRANGLED Banner season 10

When Kelly told Kathryn Dunn while she was getting cut  " There's no question on how hard you can work, it's more about where you fall in the pool of talent" I think this was her first TC season 3

• Love 2
15 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

More great moments

when the football players come in and compete in challenges with the girls usually having rookies compete against vets- seasons 2 and 3

in season 7 I enjoyed everything about Danielle's and Jasmine's friendship and journey through camp.

When Kelly told Kathryn Dunn while she was getting cut  " There's no question on how hard you can work, it's more about where you fall in the pool of talent" I think this was her first TC season 3

These shorts are shorter than my attention span. Regardless of personal opinions on KaShara, that one’s memorable. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

What did she say?

You really need to watch this yourself.  I could never do it justice.  She told off K & J so vehemently.  Unlike anything I ever saw someone have the cajones to do before! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

You really need to watch this yourself.  I could never do it justice.  She told off K & J so vehemently.  Unlike anything I ever saw someone have the cajones to do before! 

What season and episode?

22 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

More great moments

These are good.  I need Kaitlin LeGrand's missed rehearsal and cut scene episodes and Cassie's inhaler incident ( knew that one but can't find it now),  Cassie making squad and the Cassie/Ally/Taylor incident episode #s.  Thanks!

Cassie's inhaler incident was in Season 3 her rookie year. Judy was on the old CMT website DCC:MTT forum page defending Cassie by saying she went to the ER or Urgent Care the same night due to having mono. People were calling her out for it since the year before in Season 2 Judy and Kelli called Melissa the Mentor into the office for having mono and saying she was not being a good role model for the rookies aka not being a good veteran because she was struggling dancing during a TC Practice. Kelli and Judy said they did not know Melissa was so sick and apologize to her. No idea when they did apologized to Melissa.

Edited by bigskygirl

This is taken over from the discussion in the DCC Audition thread.

I honestly don't see why Angela turning down some appearances in the past was a big deal. I think it basically rules out anyone who has a real job and can't run to every appearance at Costco from ever being on Show Group. The girls who are doing nothing but teaching zumba in their spare time (nothing against zumba, by the way) should be the ones to take more appearances - just like I don't have kids, so it makes sense that I go to more social events for work than the people who have young kids. Yet, those same people may well have time down the road and will want to get the face time with clients/etc, and it shouldn't be held against them that they didn't go to every banquet when they had a 2 year old at home - that's my opinion at least. Regardless Angela was group leader - So turning down appearances in the past doesn't hurt her for second group leader and group leader (which presumably is just as time consuming), but it's a dealbreaker for show group? That makes literally zero sense. Of course, this is the same crew who apparently thought Jenna not showing leadership should result in losing point but not in losing her group leader position (you know, the actual leadership position), so logic is not their strong suit. I honestly just don't see anything that says Angela was some absent cheerleader who only went on glamorous appearances and didn't put in the grunt work. If that was the case, she had no business being made a group leader. 

I will say that if it's clear that turning down voluntary appearances for whatever reason will hurt you down the road, then that's different. It's just seemed like a made up reason, as opposed to "she's not one of the 12 best," which from what I understood, is what show group is supposed to be.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I honestly don't see why Angela turning down some appearances in the past was a big deal. I think it basically rules out anyone who has a real job and can't run to every appearance at Costco from ever being on Show Group. The girls who are doing nothing but teaching zumba in their spare time (nothing against zumba, by the way) should be the ones to take more appearances - just like I don't have kids, so it makes sense that I go to more social events for work than the people who have young kids. Yet, those same people may well have time down the road and will want to get the face time with clients/etc, and it shouldn't be held against them that they didn't go to every banquet when they had a 2 year old at home - that's my opinion at least. Regardless Angela was group leader - So turning down appearances in the past doesn't hurt her for second group leader and group leader (which presumably is just as time consuming), but it's a dealbreaker for show group? That makes literally zero sense. Of course, this is the same crew who apparently thought Jenna not showing leadership should result in losing point but not in losing her group leader position (you know, the actual leadership position), so logic is not their strong suit. I honestly just don't see anything that says Angela was some absent cheerleader who only went on glamorous appearances and didn't put in the grunt work. If that was the case, she had no business being made a group leader. 

I will say that if it's clear that turning down voluntary appearances for whatever reason will hurt you down the road, then that's different. It's just seemed like a made up reason, as opposed to "she's not one of the 12 best," which from what I understood, is what show group is supposed to be.

She was turning down appearances for more than one year, and she tried out for SG for three years. If she allegedly had time for SG practices and appearances for three years then she had time to go on non show group appearances especially since SG would have taken up a lot more of her time than a two or three hour meet and greet appearance at the local donut shop or Albertsons. She knew she was expected to on appearances when she signed her contract. Being group leader is different than being on SG. Nicole did not make SG, but she was a group leader and was still able to make non SG appearances with no problems. And just because a girl does not have a regular full time job or is a student does not mean she should have to pick up the slack for Angela. Plus the fact Angela was not expected to go out on every single appearances DCCs were sent out to.

Btw, what happened with Jenna is a completely different story. She came very close to being cut, and I bet if Kelli and Judy had their way, she would not have been a group leader either. Judy wanted her gone, but Kelli and Charlotte wanted her to stay and finish out her last year with the implication she was not welcome to try out for another year.

28 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

(Also copied from audition thread to move conversation over here).

No, having a full-time job (or other obligations) & not being able to do appearances because of it doesn't rule you out from future show group IF you work with J & K & let them know the problem (work schedule, etc.). Then, if your schedule changes & you have time for show group; great, try out & I will give you equal consideration with all others trying out. But if you haven't tried to communicate/work with me when not on show group, I have no reason to believe you will do so if I put you on show group (when it's even more important to do so).  Past behaviour speaks volumes & communication is key.

5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

She was turning down appearances for more than one year, and she tried out for SG for three years. If she allegedly had time for SG practices and appearances for three years then she had time to go on non show group appearances especially since SG would have taken up a lot more of her time than a two or three hour meet and greet appearance at the local donut shop or Albertsons. She knew she was expected to on appearances when she signed her contract. Being group leader is different than being on SG. Nicole did not make SG, but she was a group leader and was still able to make non SG appearances with no problems. And just because a girl does not have a regular full time job or is a student does not mean she should have to pick up the slack for Angela. Plus the fact Angela was not expected to go out on every single appearances DCCs were sent out to.

I'm not suggesting that being a group leader means that a girl should automatically be on show group. Theoretically, if a girl is good enough to be point of one of the 4 small groups, then she should be good enough to be on show group, but it's certainly possible that someone could be an amazing leader and not a top dancer (thus a group leader and not on show group) or could decide that she has enough time for group leader but not show group. However, you seem to be suggesting that Angela was some slacker who refused to pull her weight, was  turning down appearances that she could have gone to with no excuse, and wasn't holding up her end of the contract. My point is that person - if that is an accurate description of Angela -  has no business being a group leader. 

Just now, hannahbanana said:

(Also copied from audition thread to move conversation over here).

No, having a full-time job (or other obligations) & not being able to do appearances because of it doesn't rule you out from future show group IF you work with J & K & let them know the problem (work schedule, etc.). Then, if your schedule changes & you have time for show group; great, try out & I will give you equal consideration with all others trying out. But if you haven't tried to communicate/work with me when not on show group, I have no reason to believe you will do so if I put you on show group (when it's even more important to do so).  Past behaviour speaks volumes & communication is key.

Same as above. If the implication is that Angela either had no reason to be missing appearances or that she did have a good reason but simply refused to communicate with K&J, why is she then made a second group leader and then a group leader. It's just not logical. That should be the last type of person (someone who isn't pulling her weight and can't communicate) as a group leader, which is supposedly the most prestigious position in DCC, along with Pro Bowl Cheerleader. I guess that's my issue. I don't recall all of this being said about Angela on the show (I just remember the comment from Shelly that Angela had turned some many appearances), but if it's as you say, I agree she shouldn't be on show group, but show group is the least of it. She shouldn't be a group leader or really, someone who gets brought back year after year, if she's only doing the bare minimum. 

• Love 2

I am not saying Angela was a slacker who brought nothing to the team. Imo, a DCC who was turning down appearances right and left should not be expected to make SG for three years especially since her train of thought went to I want to go on SG appearances and spend time with my friends. If other girls with jobs and/or school can go on appearances and work with management who takes care of who goes or does not go on appearances, then Angela could have done the same thing. She knew the score when she sign the DCC contract.

And to me, SG and group leader are two totally different things. Plus the fact, we all need to remember Judy and Kelli are not the only one who makes decisions on who is chosen for SG and/or becomes a group leader. Charlotte and others have a say so in the matter. Just like Jenna. It sounds like Judy wanted her cut, but Kelli and Charlotte probably wanted her to stay especially since Holly quit and Erica was cut. I think if they did not lose so much talent at the end of Season 11 Jenna would have been cut.

Edited by bigskygirl

Now I thought Nicole never tried out for show group cause she had a problem with leaving her job??  And I mean, the official try out for show group, not where they make everyone try out for the purpose of the show.  It's ridiculous that they do that.  They are so proud to have professional women, collegiate women and then they fake that they can all do show group:/  But I remember someone saying on the board that Nicole had a tough boss and wasn't always able to get time off.  Getting to go to England was a rare treat.

Also, didn't Angela get married before her last year?  It's possible that with a hubby, maybe she was able to cut down on work hours and was able to try out for show group.

I think Angela got married before her third or fourth season, and she said she tried out for SG for three years. She was able to get her swimsuit fittings before she got married, and she went on the Swimsuit Calendar shoot after she got married, so obviously the DCC management along with Kelli and Judy were willing to work with her when it came to the fittings and calendar shoot.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

I think Angela got married before her third or fourth season, and she said she tried out for SG for three years. She was able to get her swimsuit fittings before she got married, and she went on the Swimsuit Calendar shoot after she got married, so obviously the DCC management along with Kelli and Judy were willing to work with her when it came to the fittings and calendar shoot.

I thought she didn't go one year.

17 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I am not saying Angela was a slacker who brought nothing to the team. Imo, a DCC who was turning down appearances right and left should not be expected to make SG for three years especially since her train of thought went to I want to go on SG appearances and spend time with my friends. If other girls with jobs and/or school can go on appearances and work with management who takes care of who goes or does not go on appearances, then Angela could have done the same thing. She knew the score when she sign the DCC contract.

And to me, SG and group leader are two totally different things. Plus the fact, we all need to remember Judy and Kelli are not the only one who makes decisions on who is chosen for SG and/or becomes a group leader. Charlotte and others have a say so in the matter. Just like Jenna. It sounds like Judy wanted her cut, but Kelli and Charlotte probably wanted her to stay especially since Holly quit and Erica was cut. I think if they did not lose so much talent at the end of Season 11 Jenna would have been cut.

Agreed with the bold. Being a group leader should require a higher standard of past behavior than making show group. If a lack of dedication (which basically seems to what is being implied) kept her off show group, then it should have kept her out of one of the top 4 leadership positions on the team. Now, if it wasn't a "she's just choosing to turn down appearances for no reason", but rather a job related or non-trivial personal issue, which kept her out of her performances in the past, then I'm back to the "why not just talk to her and see if something has changed that would allow her to be able to make all of the appearances now when she couldn't before" position. 

Just my two cents. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed with the bold. Being a group leader should require a higher standard of past behavior than making show group. If a lack of dedication (which basically seems to what is being implied) kept her off show group, then it should have kept her out of one of the top 4 leadership positions on the team. Now, if it wasn't a "she's just choosing to turn down appearances for no reason", but rather a job related or non-trivial personal issue, which kept her out of her performances in the past, then I'm back to the "why not just talk to her and see if something has changed that would allow her to be able to make all of the appearances now when she couldn't before" position. 

Just my two cents. 

She could have went to them to explain the situation, and I am sure they were willing to work with her since other DCCs in regard to work and school like they did with Melissa and Milan. It takes two to fine a decent solution to the situation. It should not just fall on the shoulders of Kelli, Judy and the staff who handles the appearances.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

She could have went to them to explain the situation, and I am sure they were willing to work with her since other DCCs in regard to work and school like they did with Melissa and Milan. It takes two to fine a decent solution to the situation. It should not just fall on the shoulders of Kelli, Judy and the staff who handles the appearances.

If Angela had reason to believe that turning down appearances in the past would hurt her for show group auditions, then absolutely, she should've went to them. Im just not convinced that she did. In 13 seasons, I've never heard past attendance at appearances being mentioned as a factor for making show group at any other time, but it's certainly possible that it's been discussed internally. I've said before though...I have no reason to give Kelli and the rest of DCC management the benefit of the doubt on this type of personnel issue. Based on the show, they absolutely seem like the type who would decline to mention something to a girl in person and then use it in deliberations against her. Mileage certainly varies though, and others can their judge managerial abilities differently than I do. 

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

If Angela had reason to believe that turning down appearances in the past would hurt her for show group auditions, then absolutely, she should've went to them. Im just not convinced that she did. In 13 seasons, I've never heard past attendance at appearances being mentioned as a factor for making show group at any other time, but it's certainly possible that it's been discussed internally. I've said before though...I have no reason to give Kelli and the rest of DCC management the benefit of the doubt on this type of personnel issue. Based on the show, they absolutely seem like the type who would decline to mention something to a girl in person and then use it in deliberations against her. Mileage certainly varies though, and others can their judge managerial abilities differently than I do. 

Well, how many TCC's have we seen thru the years not have their issues, alleged or not, brought up to them until their one and only office visit?

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I agree, the management clearly has a history of making different decisions for different girls in similar situations ( ie weight watch vs my fit foods vs workout with jay vs work out with a vet vs surprise home visit by a nutritionist vs cut for those deemed not uniform ready). So there’s no reason to expect consistency internally. Having said that, I also found MR using Angela as her veteran with amazing showmanship in that same season a bit jarring. (Don’t remember episode, sorry).  So... she’s good enough to be a group leader, good enough to be highlighted as a rockstar in regards to showmanship, but not good enough for showgroup?  That always struck me a bit odd.

• Love 7