Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

IMO it wasn't about Jenna taking anything away from Kashara, it was about Jenna getting back something that was supposed to be hers.  

This. Point was never on the table for Kashara until all the mess with Jenna happened. It was supposed to be Jenna's and Kash's name was never on the list.

• Love 9

Jenna saying point was "supposed to be hers" made her sound beyond entitled and against everything DCC says they value. They say over and over they are not supposed to expect or demand anything, but be grateful just be there, and Jenna sounded like a complete brat. 

I will say that Jenna was strongly "encouraged" by some of her toxic friends to ask when she was getting point back. Jenna, Erica, Cersten, Keyra, and to some degree Holly were TOXIC MEAN GIRLS. That whole group was so arrogant they thought they could do not wrong. 

They practice several girls at point when it's time for a new one. Jenna had been practicing at point but it was still TC and not set in stone. At that time she acted like it was hers for the taking and it WAS about taking it from whoever else they had practiced there, who just so happened to be Kashara.

If Kashara's name hadn't been high on the list, it was nobody's fault but Erica and Jenna for being dumbasses and getting themselves knocked off the list. 

Also Kashara didn't take anything from Lacey and it is not her fault Lacey was not point. Watch the pro bowl pod cast with those two. Watch how Lacey, who is no doubt talented and beautiful, act timid, sit back, and wait for Kashara to either answer to stop talking. Watch how Kashara has to cue her to go ahead and answert questions. Watch how Lacey looks more like she's watching her reflection in the monitor half the time when Kash or Courtney are talking than paying attention. Watch how Lacey pretty much says nothing but really fake sounding, rehearsed "Oh, I'm just so happy to be here" - yes, I know that's what they're coached to say, but Kashara comes off sparkling and genuine, where Lacey comes off robotic and scared of her own shadow. 

I really have nothing against Lacey. She is an amazingly talented dancer. She always has, however, been shy and set back and let other girls lead. Lacey is not a great leader. She does not step forward until prompted, and is sufficient with her group, reliable, etc., but she's not going to motivate anyone to do much of anything. Lacey is so scared of messing up her hair and makeup, that she's always going to be a little stand offish and not come off like she's ready to get down and dirty to do whatever needs done like say Kashara or even Gina. 

Due to seniority, I'm glad she is G1 leader. Group leaders is one of the only places where seniority matters. I'm glad Lacey got Pro Bowl and think she will be a good rep, but I totally get where somebody with a brighter, bolder personality like Kashara is picked over Lacey. 

• Love 22
16 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Jenna, Erica, Cersten, Keyra, and to some degree Holly were TOXIC MEAN GIRLS. That whole group was so arrogant they thought they could do not wrong. 

Wow, pretty ballsy to act that way as a rookie.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Jenna saying point was "supposed to be hers" made her sound beyond entitled and against everything DCC says they value. They say over and over they are not supposed to expect or demand anything, but be grateful just be there, and Jenna sounded like a complete brat. 

I will say that Jenna was strongly "encouraged" by some of her toxic friends to ask when she was getting point back. Jenna, Erica, Cersten, Keyra, and to some degree Holly were TOXIC MEAN GIRLS. That whole group was so arrogant they thought they could do not wrong. 

They practice several girls at point when it's time for a new one. Jenna had been practicing at point but it was still TC and not set in stone. At that time she acted like it was hers for the taking and it WAS about taking it from whoever else they had practiced there, who just so happened to be Kashara.

Did Jenna actually even say that? It seems people on the board said that, not her, but we have Comcast temporarily (ugh!) so I cant go back and watch like I used to, but i don’t remember her saying that on the show. I thought she asked something along the lines of “has point been taken from her?” to Shelly. Judy said on the show when they remade the formation that “Jenna is not point anymore” - hence, she was point. I don’t really think it’s a question of whether she wouldve been point if not for the drama- appears clearly that she would have.

If anything, it seemed more like she was asking if point was still something she could get back or not, as opposed to a “take it from a Kashara” type of deal. Outside of the DCC world, (which she’s in, so she should’ve known that they don’t like people questioning them and acted accordingly), I honestly don’t think questioning if a demotion is permanent or temporary would is all that odd.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

IMO it wasn't about Jenna taking anything away from Kashara, it was about Jenna getting back something that was supposed to be hers.  

DCC's can OWN the point position? I grimaced when Jenna used the language "taken away from me" I was under the notion that Point was a privilege.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Judy said on the show when they remade the formation that “Jenna is not point anymore” - hence, she was point. I don’t really think it’s a question of whether she wouldve been point if not for the drama- appears clearly that she would have.

You worded this better than I did.  When I said "supposed to be hers" I didn't mean Jenna assumed she was point, I figured she was told that's where she'd be.

1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

If Kashara's name hadn't been high on the list, it was nobody's fault but Erica and Jenna for being dumbasses and getting themselves knocked off the list. 

Also Kashara didn't take anything from Lacey and it is not her fault Lacey was not point. Watch the pro bowl pod cast with those two. Watch how Lacey, who is no doubt talented and beautiful, act timid, sit back, and wait for Kashara to either answer to stop talking. Watch how Kashara has to cue her to go ahead and answert questions. Watch how Lacey looks more like she's watching her reflection in the monitor half the time when Kash or Courtney are talking than paying attention. Watch how Lacey pretty much says nothing but really fake sounding, rehearsed "Oh, I'm just so happy to be here" - yes, I know that's what they're coached to say, but Kashara comes off sparkling and genuine, where Lacey comes off robotic and scared of her own shadow. 

I really have nothing against Lacey. She is an amazingly talented dancer. She always has, however, been shy and set back and let other girls lead. Lacey is not a great leader. She does not step forward until prompted, and is sufficient with her group, reliable, etc., but she's not going to motivate anyone to do much of anything. Lacey is so scared of messing up her hair and makeup, that she's always going to be a little stand offish and not come off like she's ready to get down and dirty to do whatever needs done like say Kashara or even Gina. 

Due to seniority, I'm glad she is G1 leader. Group leaders is one of the only places where seniority matters. I'm glad Lacey got Pro Bowl and think she will be a good rep, but I totally get where somebody with a brighter, bolder personality like Kashara is picked over Lacey. 

Amen. I wish people would stop dragging Kash into this mess. Blame Kelli for making all these leadership decisions, geez people. Again, don't hate the player, y'all.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

You worded this better than I did.  When I said "supposed to be hers" I didn't mean Jenna assumed she was point, I figured she was told that's where she'd be.

Yeah, it seemed like the formation had already been set, which is why Judy was annoyed that she had to change it. I’m not an insider, but nothing that we saw in any performances (unlike when they tested Jacie at point in Oxnard, I believe) or the show suggests that Kashara or Holly or Lacey was going to get that spot (and Erica was too injured to even be named to show group). There was what - a week or 2 left in training camp at that point? 

I certainly can see why people thought Jenna shouldn’t have sent the text. If nothing else, Jenna was around Kelli long enough to know that she takes things personally and may not have taken kindly to that. Personally, I everyone looked bad in that scene, and I’m still surprised that they aired it. However, I don’t quite get the “why did Jenna think she should be point and why did she care about that?” sentiment. She was there for 6 years, was arguably the best DCC dancer on the team, and had the position and lost it. Of course she cared. 

If Kashara’s injury had kept her out a few games and she asked if she was going to get point back from whoever had to step in, when she was healthy, I wouldn’t think there was anything wrong with that. Just my opinion though. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Erica was too injured to even be named to show group

Was that on the show?  I remember the neck injury but not about show group.  

4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

If Kashara’s injury had kept her out a few games and she asked if she was going to get point back from whoever had to step in, when she was healthy, I wouldn’t think there was anything wrong with that.

If I'm remembering correctly (and if the above is any indication my memory may not be that great LOL), I thought the issue was with how Jenna worded her question.  Instead of asking when she'll get point back, I thought she asked "How long am I going to be punished?"

• Love 4
2 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

I can't co-sign this enough.   On all fronts.

There's no doubt Jenna is an über strong dancer in the DCC style.  At one point, she was one of my favs.  But for all her "I give everything to this team" speeches, season 13 was the year of Jenna is a Brat.  That's when she lost me.  The way she looked around while hugging Kash on the practice field  congratulating her getting point while looking to see who and if the cameras were capturing her doing so, looked so fake.  Jenna created her own bed.  Sad as it is, IMO, she royally blew it.  She could have gone out on such a high note.  Maybe have been an All Star.  Who knows why that never happened.  Was Jenna even offered a chance to be an All Star?  Or were TPTB too far past the point of offering her the opportunity?

I know earlier I posted I felt Kash was speaking more than Lacey but for the same reasons @UnicornKicks cited, I did wonder why she proceeded as she did.   KaShara doesn't seem the type to steal someone else's limelight.  Nor does she need to.  You confirmed my ultimate suspicions.

Edited by go4luca
clarity & because "practice friend" should've been "practice field".
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Was that on the show?  I remember the neck injury but not about show group.  

If I'm remembering correctly (and if the above is any indication my memory may not be that great LOL), I thought the issue was with how Jenna worded her question.  Instead of asking when she'll get point back, I thought she asked "How long am I going to be punished?"

It wasn’t on the show, but when they announced show group, Erica wasn’t on it, and insiders said it was due to her injury, which was expected to keep her sidelined for a while.

As for the Jenna text thing, I really don’t know what the issue was. At one point, they said something about just being happy that she’s in the formation.  I think they were just over her but didn’t want to cut her because they had a weak team already and with Holly gone and Erica injured and about to be gone, they couldn’t afford to lose another top dancer (who was also their only returning group leader). Looking back, I think they probably should’ve just cut her.  The whole situation seemed toxic. 

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

DCC's can OWN the point position? I grimaced when Jenna used the language "taken away from me" I was under the notion that Point was a privilege.

THANK YOU. Maybe it was bad wording, maybe she said exactly what she meant, but I cringed too. 

29 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

If Kashara’s injury had kept her out a few games and she asked if she was going to get point back from whoever had to step in, when she was healthy, I wouldn’t think there was anything wrong with that. Just my opinion though. 

If anybody who had already been at point when the season actually had started had been injured and asked if they were going to be put back there, ok. I see that. Nothing wrong. BUT nobody was injured, point had not been set in stone bc it was TC.  Jenna was not injured. She broke rules and was punished. 

19 minutes ago, go4luca said:

, season 13 was the year of Jenna is a Brat.  That's when she lost me.  The way she looked around while hugging Kash on the practice friend congratulating her getting point while looking around to see who and if the cameras were capturing her doing so, looked so fake.  Jenna created her own bed.  Sad as it is, IMO, she royally blew it.  She could have gone out on such a high note.  Maybe have been an All Star.  Who knows why that never happened.  Was Jenna ever offered a chance to even be an All Star?  Or were TPTB too far past the point of offering her the opportunity?

I know earlier I posted I felt Kash was speaking more than Lacey but for the same reasons @UnicornKicks cited, I did wonder why she proceeded as she did.   KaShara doesn't seem the type to steal someone else's limelight.  Nor does she need to.  You confirmed my ultimate suspicions.

YES YES YES. All this x2. 

6 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I think they were just over her but didn’t want to cut her because they had a weak team already and with Holly gone and Erica injured and about to be gone, they couldn’t afford to lose another top dancer (who was also their only returning group leader). Looking back, I think they probably should’ve just cut her.  The whole situation seemed toxic. 

100% to all this. Hate that it turned out this way for Jenna, but yeah the whole situation was toxic. They kept her bc they needed her then basically shoved her out the door ASAP. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

If anybody who had already been at point when the season actually had started had been injured and asked if they were going to be put back there, ok. I see that. Nothing wrong. BUT nobody was injured, point had not been set in stone bc it was TC.  Jenna was not injured. She broke rules and was punished. 

I honestly don’t see the big difference, but I admittedly look at things through what’s good HR management and bad. I really don’t care about manager’s feelings or about whether some employee has acted like they’re sorry enough when it comes to the workforce. Managers who get all in their feelings make my job harder when i have to defend them later, so i have little sympathy IMO. If someone asks about their status, it’s a really easy answer - yes, you’re still point after the suspension, no, you’re not, or we don’t know, it’s not decided yet. Simple.  The whole “how dare you ask this” was every bit as whiny as the text IMO. 

• Love 16
53 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

It wasn’t on the show, but when they announced show group, Erica wasn’t on it

Oh yeah, I do recall this being discussed now that you mention it.

53 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

As for the Jenna text thing, I really don’t know what the issue was. At one point, they said something about just being happy that she’s in the formation.

I remember this being shown...and I think it was here, not the text, where Jenna asked how long she was going to be punished.  I'm willing to bet Kelli knew exactly what she was going to do regarding point but let Jenna sweat because of the "punishing me" comment.  After 6 years Jenna had to know saying that to Kelli wouldn't fly.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I remember this being shown...and I think it was here, not the text, where Jenna asked how long she was going to be punished.  I'm willing to bet Kelli knew exactly what she was going to do regarding point but let Jenna sweat because of the "punishing me" comment.  After 6 years Jenna had to know saying that to Kelli wouldn't fly.

Yep, I think that’s what happened, and that’s also what I mean by ‘bad management.’ Playing these little mind games and being ambiguous is fine with your kids but is not smart in the workplace. It’s amazing how some supervisors think they’re being smart by purposely keeping situations and punishments unclear, and then they are shocked when the employee files a complaint and fills in the blanks for them.. 

The line is so blurred with the DCCs thigh between it being a sorority vs a real job that it’s hard to even try analogize it to real world situations.  

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, ByTor said:

And wasn't the text sent to Shelly?  While K&J were at the HOF game?  That might have upset K&J that someone else was asked while they were out of town.

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Like I stated in the other thread, Courtney asked questions that Lacey won't know the answers to until later this month. 

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Wow, pretty ballsy to act that way as a rookie.

7 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yep, I think that’s what happened, and that’s also what I mean by ‘bad management.’ Playing these little mind games and being ambiguous is fine with your kids but is not smart in the workplace.   

Ballsy, whether you are a vet or a rookie.  And K&J don't help the situation by not dealing with "mean girls" or "divas."  If it's true that Jenna and Holly had broken the rules the year before, then they should have been dealt with at that time.  Erica could have been dealt with at any time during her tenure, same with Cersten.  Keyra could have been called in and talked to during her rookie year about their concerns, but instead, they allowed her to believe she had a chance at coming back.  She trained, created a solo, etc and it was for nothing.  And then you have any other gals thru the years who have broken the rules and not been dealt with.  Why would anyone think they are going to be punished?

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

And wasn't the text sent to Shelly?  While K&J were at the HOF game?  That might have upset K&J that someone else was asked while they were out of town.

Yep!

• Love 2
On 1/6/2019 at 5:33 AM, ByTor said:

Once again, it was a scene from a highly edited show.  My assumptions most certainly can be correct & yours not...or my assumptions can be full of crap and yours are correct.  My opinion is my opinion & unless a third party who was there tells me Cassie and her generic inhaler are legitimate, I'm not going to change my mind over something that can do nothing but go in circles.

And, once again, I have never tried to change your opinion on Cassie. She could have "collapsed," been put in an ambulance, and "rushed" to the ER. Wouldn't have made the scene any more or less true. It's a tv show. They create the stories they want & show us what they want us to see. Period.

The ONLY thing I have said is that your apparent assumptions about the uniqueness of rescue inhalers and what an asthma attack should look like are erroneous. Enough said. End of story. 

1 minute ago, hannahbanana said:

They create the stories they want & show us what they want us to see. Period.

Exactly what I said too...highly edited show so that no one knows the really real truth.  All that is left is to form our own opinions over what we are allowed to see.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yep, I think that’s what happened, and that’s also what I mean by ‘bad management.’ Playing these little mind games and being ambiguous is fine with your kids but is not smart in the workplace. It’s amazing how some supervisors think they’re being smart by purposely keeping situations and punishments unclear, and then they are shocked when the employee files a complaint and fills in the blanks for them.. 

The line is so blurred with the DCCs thigh between it being a sorority vs a real job that it’s hard to even try analogize it to real world situations.  

A cult vs a part-time dance hobby ... Ba Da Bum, I will be here all week folks!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Now look where she is, selling crappy supplements on instagram that probably just make you poop. If she hadn't been entitled af then she'd probably be in Jinelle's position right now

I just have say that I literally LOL’d and now have a popcorn kernel lodged in the back of my throat. Totally worth it though. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

And is that Shelley's job to answer those questions?

Nope!  I'm pretty sure Shelly told her she'd have to wait for Kelli to return.

ETA: I felt like it was the equivalent of dad said no, so now you ask mom.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Now look where she is, selling crappy supplements on instagram that probably just make you poop. If she hadn't been entitled af then she'd probably be in Jinelle's position right now

I'm glad I wasn't drinking ...

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I just have say that I literally LOL’d and now have a popcorn kernel lodged in the back of my throat. Totally worth it though. 

Reminded me of "Friends" where Monica announced she had milk come out her nose, but it was totally worth it

• Love 3
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Reminded me of "Friends" where Monica announced she had milk come out her nose, but it was totally worth it

Yasssss, that is exactly where I got it from! It’s my go-to show! I have a quick FRIENDS story: one of my best friends in high school had an uncle whose girlfriend worked in TV in Hollywood. My friend spent the summer of 1994 in CA at her uncles place and got to tour the set of a new tv show premiering that fall and meet all the cast, etc. When she returned home, all she talked about was how we HAD to watch this show and how awesome it was gonna be. And we were all 😒yeah😒yeah😒yeah (that’s a whole bunch of side-eye emojis for those who can’t see them).  And, of course, that show turned out to be FRIENDS and here I am nearly 25 years later...watching it all the way through...again...for the 80th time.  

Just to keep on topic and throw in my totally unsolicited opinion...I don’t think I’ve ever given my opinion on Jenna before so this may be long...

Jenna as a performer -> From my perspective, she was probably one of the best DCC style dancers they’ve had in the last...maybe 7 years. Definitely in the last 5. So entertaining to watch her, the old clips really showcase her talent at Power Pom (is that what the DCC style is called? I’m not a dancer, but I feel like I heard-or dreamed-Judy or KelFine use that term before). 

Jenna as a DCC representative -> Although she started off sweet and perhaps even humble (and very young), somewhere along the way she seemingly grew a little too big for her figurative britches. Like she really bought into her own local celebrity status, and IMO, that’s what ultimately helped end her DCC career. Granted it does appear that The Powers That Be may have helped in creating that monster by not dealing a little more vigorously with Jenna’s missteps the previous season. 

Jenna as a person -> she just appears very immature. It is almost like her time as a DCC stunted her maturation. I know other girls - like Lacey - started quite young but for Jenna it is almost like she still hadnt emotionally developed which led her to make some unfortunate decisions.   

I can’t totally blame Jenna if the rumors are true and some of her previous untoward behaviors were ignored or only lightly punished due to her popularity and dance prowess. If that’s true, then the Powers That Be did her (and themselves) a disservice by not holding her accountable for her actions. And therefore did not allow room for - or force - some personal growth until the very very end. I really hope that it’ll be a long time before Kelli allows that to happen again. (This summer’s situation with VK notwithstanding.)

I dunno. I don’t follow her and her shilling of possibly diarrhea inducing supplements on Instagram (although Im really intrigued by this) so I hope she is using her post-DCC time to do some reflection and figure herself out. Am I correct in recalling that she did end up leaving Dallas and is now teaching dance? I consider that a step in the right direction.  Maybe she needs to take some business classes and look into opening up her own studio or choreography company. Of course she could have been taking those classes and prepping for the future during her tenure as a DCC...but that’s maybe not as fun as partying it up 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
Confusing wording
  • Love 7
On 1/5/2019 at 3:32 PM, dreamcatcher said:

Danielle in her ig story says she’s going to the game as a fan for the first time...isn’t she an all star still? Did they drop them after having Jinelle fully onboard or something?

A bunch of former cheerleaders were at the game. Sydney, Ashton Torres, I think Nicole B. Can’t remember who else. Not the point of your post, I know.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I can’t totally blame Jenna if the rumors are true and some of her previous untoward behaviors were ignored or only lightly punished

She was not allowed to go somewhere in 2017, the first time she got in trouble. I cannot remember what the event was. She posted some kind of reflection post on her Instagram that weekend. Someone on this board saw it and did a little digging (the Dak Prescott rumor). You can bet she was spoken to as well as punished but clearly, it didn’t scare her into cleaning up her act.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

She was not allowed to go somewhere in 2017, the first time she got in trouble. I cannot remember what the event was. She posted some kind of reflection post on her Instagram that weekend. Someone on this board saw it and did a little digging (the Dak Prescott rumor). You can bet she was spoken to as well as punished but clearly, it didn’t scare her into cleaning up her act.

USO tour in Italy I believe 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I thought I read somewhere that both Jenna & Holly weren’t allowed to join show group on a USO tour.  Was this around that time?

• Love 2
On 1/6/2019 at 11:39 PM, Pksbena1 said:

I could watch Nicole Hamilton dance all day long!  For me personally, best point girl ever. She screamed sex appeal!!! ❤️❤️❤️

YAAAS GOD!

• Love 4

Hi, I’m new to this forum (I’ve been lurking) but not DCC. If y’all dont mind, would someone please explain to me the entire Jenna,Holly, and the players situation? I remember watching Jenna and Holly get in trouble last season but I’d like specifics please. 

19 hours ago, ByTor said:

Exactly

15 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

How do you know they were arrogant?? Like is that assumed from the show and the forum of the show or you have actually dets...and I dont mean from Trammel, MISTY DUNCAN or any of the little butt kissers that still think they are DCCs

Edited by 8dallas
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, it seemed like the formation had already been set, which is why Judy was annoyed that she had to change it. I’m not an insider, but nothing that we saw in any performances (unlike when they tested Jacie at point in Oxnard, I believe) or the show suggests that Kashara or Holly or Lacey was going to get that spot (and Erica was too injured to even be named to show group). There was what - a week or 2 left in training camp at that point? 

I certainly can see why people thought Jenna shouldn’t have sent the text. If nothing else, Jenna was around Kelli long enough to know that she takes things personally and may not have taken kindly to that. Personally, I everyone looked bad in that scene, and I’m still surprised that they aired it. However, I don’t quite get the “why did Jenna think she should be point and why did she care about that?” sentiment. She was there for 6 years, was arguably the best DCC dancer on the team, and had the position and lost it. Of course she cared. 

It had been set for the Hall of Fame game and Judy was annoyed about having to change it quickly for that (they were leaving for Ohio in the next day or two, if I remember correctly).

Personal opinion, but I don't think they had planned to keep Kashara at point after the Hall of Fame game until things blew up with Erica & Jenna put her foot in it with the text to Shelly. At that point, I think they went into damage control mode & chose someone they knew was going to keep their nose clean.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

I thought I read somewhere that both Jenna & Holly weren’t allowed to join show group on a USO tour.  Was this around that time?

I want to say it happened Christmastime 2016.

3 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Personal opinion, but I don't think they had planned to keep Kashara at point after the Hall of Fame game until things blew up with Erica & Jenna put her foot in it with the text to Shelly. At that point, I think they went into damage control mode & chose someone they knew was going to keep their nose clean.

That was always my opinion as well

• Love 4
15 hours ago, ByTor said:

Nope!  I'm pretty sure Shelly told her she'd have to wait for Kelli to return.

ETA: I felt like it was the equivalent of dad said no, so now you ask mom.

As I recall, Shelly had run practice that evening and based on context, Jenna was clearly surprised at having been assigned a position other than point for a future performance.  So it’s not like she randomly called up shelly out of the blue to ask her. I also think it was arguably better to wait until after practice (which she did), as opposed to creating a scene during practice. Though in person probably would’ve been received better than via text. But who knows, @ShellyB could’ve made a run for it that night and left too quickly. Maybe it would’ve been wiser in dcc context not to ask, or to wait for j&k to return. But I don’t think asking the person in charge on the same day is unreasonable.  Of course as @Jess14 has pointed out, what applies in the real world doesn’t necessarily ring true in the dcc world.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PhilForPoint said:

As I recall, Shelly had run practice that evening and based on context, Jenna was clearly surprised at having been assigned a position other than point for a future performance.  So it’s not like she randomly called up shelly out of the blue to ask her. I also think it was arguably better to wait until after practice (which she did), as opposed to creating a scene during practice. Though in person probably would’ve been received better than via text. But who knows, @ShellyB could’ve made a run for it that night and left too quickly. Maybe it would’ve been wiser in dcc context not to ask, or to wait for j&k to return. But I don’t think asking the person in charge on the same day is unreasonable.  Of course as @Jess14 has pointed out, what applies in the real world doesn’t necessarily ring true in the dcc world.  

Right! I think so much of that situation is colored by the fact the cheerleaders aren’t treated or viewed like real employees who can ask questions and make decisions based on what’s best for them and them alone. Based on what was shown, it didn’t appear that Jenna threw a tantrum or was ugly to Kashara or made a scene in practice. She privately asked a staff member a question, and when she was chastised and didn’t get the spot back, she took her spot behind Kashara and finished out the season. She could’ve quit (i wouldn’t have blamed her one bit - the situation, which she helped create of course, seemed toxic for all), but she didn’t. 

If you replaced her with a NFL running back who had been suspended for some team violation and was returning to the lineup and and wanted to know if he was starting, I honestly doubt there would be the same reaction.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, PhilForPoint said:

As I recall, Shelly had run practice that evening and based on context, Jenna was clearly surprised at having been assigned a position other than point for a future performance.  So it’s not like she randomly called up shelly out of the blue to ask her.

That sounds familiar, because at 1st it did seem odd that she would have randomly asked Shelly. 

ShellyB was the one who ran practice that night, but I also think Jenna knew Shelly would be eaiser to approach and ask then risk getting stank eyed by Judy or destroyed by Kelli if they had been there. 

I think this, too, and have no problem with Jenna choosing to approach a boss that might be more favorable to her.

• Love 5

ShellyB was the one who ran practice that night, but I also think Jenna knew Shelly would be eaiser to approach and ask then risk getting stank eyed by Judy or destroyed by Kelli if they had been there. 

I can't help but visualize both happening at the same time, with Judy perched on her stool over Kelli.

38 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I think this, too, and have no problem with Jenna choosing to approach a boss that might be more favorable to her.

Yeah and my personal opinion she didn't think it would go straight to Kelli and blow up like it did. 

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Yeah and my personal opinion she didn't think it would go straight to Kelli and blow up like it did. 

Not knowing Jenna, but knowing the circumstances, I thought Jenna assumed Shelly knew the answer and it would just stay between them.  I'm not saying that I blame Shelly, Kelli's her boss, and I do think it was appropriate that she reported the text.

I wonder, when confronted about the text, if things would have ended different if Jenna had said "I'm sorry I went to Shelly, I know I'm on thin ice & was afraid of making you mad" instead of "How long am I going to be punished?"  Or if Kelli had her mind made up & what Jenna said didn't matter at all.  It would have been a great time to be a fly on the wall!

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

I think that’s a safe assumption. I think she was really just hoping Shelly would giv me her an answer - yay or nay, and she would live with that, whatever the answer was. But  it didn’t go that way lol. 

Also, while I criticize Kelli a lot, I think she was under a lot of stress that summer with the Ezekiel Elliot mess potentially meshing with the DCCs, suspending two of her most visible cheerleaders right before the HOF game (which everyone obviously noticed), and then the Erica stuff, which occurred right around the same time period. I still think her reaction to that text was waaaayyyy overblown, but it wouldn’t surprise me if she was getting lots of pressure from higher ups, which influenced that.

3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I wonder, when confronted about the text, if things would have ended different if Jenna had said "I'm sorry I went to Shelly, I know I'm on thin ice & was afraid of making you mad" instead of "How long am I going to be punished?"  Or if Kelli had her mind made up & what Jenna said didn't matter at all.  It would have been a great time to be a fly on the wall!

I honestly don’t think it would have mattered what she said. The damage was done lol. 

Truth be told, her question about being constantly punished is actually a 100% legit concern. There’s nothing more toxic than being in a situation where the boss hates you or doesn’t want to deal with you anymore. It’s even toxic for other coworkers who have to work with both of you (ive been that coworker lol!), but its completely dumb to ask. No boss is going to say, “yes, I hold grudges; you’re on my shitlist for the foreseeable future.” Its better to just sit back, observe the situation, and see if it’s where you need to be. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Its better to just sit back, observe the situation, and see if it’s where you need to be. 

And the problem is that she was too impatient to do that.

• Love 5