Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I think she has a chronic illness. I’m not positive, but I saw some spoonie talk on her pics. As a person who’s been sick for 8 years, I get it. I have an two autoimmune diseases( possibly 3) and they’re rough! She seems happy. Hope she is well!

That redhead legacy gal gained a lot of weight.   Can't remember her name.  Kelsey's gained weight?  If so, she went from anorexic to normal because she looks great to me. 

Edited by Runnergrl37
13 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

That redhead legacy gal gained a lot of weight.   Can't remember her name.  Kelsey's gained weight?  If so, she went from anorexic to normal because she looks great to me. 

Do you mean Meredith Oden? 😊 Love her!! 

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Kelsey's gained weight?  If so, she went from anorexic to normal because she looks great to me. 

Yep, she's posted about it herself.  In her bottom half.  "Hair by Chrissy" who added her recent hair extensions had a photo on their live story showing her figure.  It was a bit of a shock when I saw it.  The photo disappeared super fast.  But I'm not saying  she looks bad.  As stated earlier, I think some of the girls look healthier for the weight gain.

42 minutes ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

Do you mean Meredith Oden? 😊 Love her!! 

I'll never forget coming across these pics of Meredith & wondering about the idea behind this shoot.  #odd

meredith oden 1.jpg

meredith oden 2.jpg

• Love 1
On 3/11/2019 at 11:11 AM, Spunkyyy said:

I love that Kelsey Bond is just getting started and is showing listings that are in the 3-5 million dollar range. 🙄 I wonder how someone like Veronica who has been a realtor for awhile feels about that...

I don't think she is the listing agent (and therefore wouldn't get the commission from the sale).  It looks like she is just running the open house. 

I was looking at the old squads and realised today that The Real Housewives of Dallas' Brandi Nace, who cheered between the years of 2000-2006 was absent from the squad for the 2003-2004 season and came back the next year as Brandi Redmond with veteran status. I know Whitney Ott did the same in the 2005 special (returned as a vet after some time out). If Jenna Allison had made the team in season 11 after getting cut as a vet in season 7, or if any former vet decided to try out again this year would they also then be considered a returning vet (if they successfully made the team again)? Also a lot of the cameos and squad photos from the early 2000s and pre Making The Team look so dated now to me lol considering they are not really THAT old haha. 😂Still love looking at the old vintage squads though! 😊

2 hours ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

I was looking at the old squads and realised today that The Real Housewives of Dallas' Brandi Nace, who cheered between the years of 2000-2006 was absent from the squad for the 2003-2004 season and came back the next year as Brandi Redmond with veteran status. I know Whitney Ott did the same in the 2005 special (returned as a vet after some time out). If Jenna Allison had made the team in season 11 after getting cut as a vet in season 7, or if any former vet decided to try out again this year would they also then be considered a returning vet (if they successfully made the team again)? Also a lot of the cameos and squad photos from the early 2000s and pre Making The Team look so dated now to me lol considering they are not really THAT old haha. 😂Still love looking at the old vintage squads though! 😊

Yes. Especially if they completed their first year and got their pinky rings. That's how I see it.

Shelly was one of them. After her second or third season, she left to get married and have her first child. then returned to continue cheering until she decided to officially retire. Although, judging from a photo that I've seen of her with Dayton as a child, she must have been an All Star at some point.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CowboysFanatic said:

Shelly was one of them. After her second or third season, she left to get married and have her first child. then returned to continue cheering until she decided to officially retire. Although, judging from a photo that I've seen of her with Dayton as a child, she must have been an All Star at some point.

The video of Shelly doing the 1994 calendar shoot after returning from having a baby. She mentions the baby's name as Dylan whose 2 years old. He must be her first born and Dayton must have come along later.

Edited by MrsEVH
2 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

Well... Look who made it on The Ellen Degeneres Show yesterday! The viral dancer, along with Jennifer E. (cheered 2012-2015) and another dancer that I almost confused for Michelle Keys.

This isn’t a good example, but in general I love seeing Jen in her own choreo but I think she’s the only one who looks good if that makes sense? I just find her choreo kinda odd and no one looks good doing it but she is certainly good. I’m glad she got some good publicity though!

22 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Has she? How?

Probably means by getting some tattoos, divorcing her husband so soon, having a baby and not married. I know these things are the norm today but most former DCCs haven't done it. JMO.

5 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Dumber than a brick if she thinks nobody will know THAT'S A LIE. 

I don't think she would say it publicly if it weren't true. There are things many people outside of DCC don't know.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I don't think she would say it publicly if it weren't true. There are things many people outside of DCC don't know.

I thought she was captain her last year, but Jenn K was the captain the year before???

30 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Like Erica saying she left on her own accord and was not cut, and Kalyssa saying she put in a whole DCC year after being cut before she actually finished her first complete year.

11 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

People who don’t follow the show may not be as familiar with the groups and first and second leader nomenclature.  Captain may seem less confusing. Though, “I was a leader for three years” would have been clear without being misleading. 

• Love 6

Some leader. She broke the rules more than once, was toxic, and came close to being cut, and whine about not being point girl. She should have been cut in her final year. I wonder if it was Charlotte who was the one who thought Jenna should have came back for her sixth year. You would think Kelli and Charlotte would have seen the writing on the wall when it came to Jenna. One of the main reasons why Alexandria left was due to the toxic environment aka the toxic girls *cough Jenna cough* They probably told Jenna she can come back for her last year if she was willing to rat out on the other girls. I certainly think the team would have survive without her.

Maybe it's me but I don't associate GL with "Captain".  The show makes it a big deal showing when the GL's & 2nd GL's are chosen.  If the title Captain were used, I think there would be mention of it. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

Maybe it's me but I don't associate GL with "Captain".  The show makes it a big deal showing when the GL's & 2nd GL's are chosen.  If the title Captain were used, I think there would be mention of it. 🤷‍♀️

I may have read it wrong, but I took @PhilForPoint as saying that non-DCC fans would associate a group leader with a captain, not that the DCCs or those of us who follow the team do. It’s possible “group leader” is a common term in the dance world, but I’ve never heard of it outside of DCC-world. Usually the leaders on the team are called captains, so she may have trying to use a phrase that was understood by most people. 

Assuming Jenna was referring to being a group leader, I think using the phrase, “the captain” is more misleading than the word  “captain” itself. Had she said “i was one of the captains for three years,” i would say that’s accurate, but the way she phrased it, it makes it sound like there’s only one person, and she was it. That’s not right. 

With that said, Jenna seems like she’s doing well and appears happy. Good for her!

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I may have read it wrong, but I took @PhilForPoint as saying that non-DCC fans would associate a group leader with a captain, not that the DCCs or those of us who follow the team do. It’s possible “group leader” is a common term in the dance world, but I’ve never heard of it outside of DCC-world. Usually the leaders on the team are called captains, so she may have trying to use a phrase that was understood by most people. 

Assuming Jenna was referring to being a group leader, I think using the phrase, “the captain” is more misleading than the word  “captain” itself. Had she said “i was one of the captains for three years,” i would say that’s accurate, but the way she phrased it, it makes it sound like there’s only one person, and she was it. That’s not right. 

With that said, Jenna seems like she’s doing well and appears happy. Good for her!

My post was more in response to @Tootie's graphic but I can see where it ties into @PhilForPoint's post as well.  I just found it "the captain" weird choice of words.  "Group leader" would've sounded fine. 

2 hours ago, go4luca said:

My post was more in response to @Tootie's graphic but I can see where it ties into @PhilForPoint's post as well.  I just found it "the captain" weird choice of words.  "Group leader" would've sounded fine. 

Gotcha, and I agree. While “group leader” isn’t necesarilg a common term for a dance/cheerleading team, I think it speaks for itself. Now, it’s possible the DCCs have some sort of “Captain” that we've never heard about that she was referring to, but I think that after what 13 years, we would’ve heard about it before lol. 

• Love 4

I have no issues with a GL calling herself "captain." In the dance team world this is a job description that includes very specific responsibilities such as calling dances, giving feedback, motivation, and other leadership duties. Each GL does this independently for her group, so each is acting as captain.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Now, it’s possible the DCCs have some sort of “Captain” that we've never heard about that she was referring to, but I think that after what 13 years, we would’ve heard about it before lol. 

Exactly.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

I have no issues with a GL calling herself "captain." In the dance team world this is a job description that includes very specific responsibilities such as calling dances, giving feedback, motivation, and other leadership duties. Each GL does this independently for her group, so each is acting as captain.

She was calling herself the captain when she was a second group leader. Angela was group leader of Group 4, not "captain" Jenna.

What about when Sydney was telling the squad that they were meeting outside to practice?  Or when Cassie or Jackie would let the squad know what the plan was?  Is it possible that they were captains?  Or Ally T for that matter?  I can see there being one gal who has the plan if that makes sense.

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

What about when Sydney was telling the squad that they were meeting outside to practice?  Or when Cassie or Jackie would let the squad know what the plan was?  Is it possible that they were captains?  Or Ally T for that matter?  I can see there being one gal who has the plan if that makes sense.

I think it was more of picking girls who were on the squad the longest telling the other girls what was going on next than a captain thing.

22 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I’m sorry but do you honestly think that Jenna who got a warning about stepping up as a leader on her 2nd year of being GL, 3rd includinh 2GL, was the “captain” for 3 years? When they had girls like JennK on the team still? I could buy that this role exists unofficially, but no way Jenna was given this position.

• Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 2:31 AM, Tootie said:

1685299863_2019-03-25(1).thumb.png.01d4d6a5572938c435a881d680344d7c.png

lol

lol! the way she introduced herself definitely made it seem like this is what she meant for sure... like everyone else said...she could have said I was one of the captains for three years... anything else other than The. Captain.

• Love 4
On 3/19/2019 at 1:59 PM, CowboysFanatic said:

Yes. Especially if they completed their first year and got their pinky rings. That's how I see it.

Lol..OG All Star when there were only 3or 4 of us on occasion.

• Love 4
On 3/19/2019 at 3:30 PM, MrsEVH said:

The video of Shelly doing the 1994 calendar shoot after returning from having a baby. She mentions the baby's name as Dylan whose 2 years old. He must be her first born and Dayton must have come along later.

Dillon, Dayton & Daxton

• Love 6
On 3/29/2019 at 2:51 PM, karendlt said:

lol! the way she introduced herself definitely made it seem like this is what she meant for sure... like everyone else said...she could have said I was one of the captains for three years... anything else other than The. Captain.

If she's going to inflate her accomplishments then "leader" sounds more professional. Captain sounds like a juvenile high school term.

On 3/24/2019 at 10:37 AM, go4luca said:

Jenna says "I was the captain for three years".  Really?!  I didn't know she had that official title. 🤔

Bless her heart.

Use your big girl words, Jenna.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 1/7/2019 at 12:01 PM, ByTor said:

Was that on the show?  I remember the neck injury but not about show group.  

If I'm remembering correctly (and if the above is any indication my memory may not be that great LOL), I thought the issue was with how Jenna worded her question.  Instead of asking when she'll get point back, I thought she asked "How long am I going to be punished?"

I thought she messaged Shelley B or another management person if she was going to get point back.  At least that's how I thought Kelli phrased it in that episode. I could TOTALLY be remembering that incorrectly though...I have no desire to rewatch any more of that season...lol...so I'm relying on you and others to keep me straight 🙂

Edited by Kayce
5 hours ago, Kayce said:

I thought she messaged Shelley B or another management person if she was going to get point back.  At least that's how I thought Kelli phrased it in that episode. I could TOTALLY be remembering that incorrectly though...I have no desire to rewatch any more of that season...lol...so I'm relying on you and others to keep me straight 🙂

From what I remember (I really have no desire to rewatch that season either LOL), Kelli confronted Jenna about the text, and Jenna then asked Kelli how long she is going to be punished.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Kayce said:

Jenna sent a text to Shelly B asking her if she was going to be point girl once the squad came back from Ohio. Kelli was not too pleased about it and took Jenna to get her act together by saying she is darn lucky she is still on the team and to get off her attitude of I should be point girl again aka stop acting like a rookie instead of a veteran.

2 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I just discovered Melissa Rycroft has a podcast with her husband

Didn't she have a reality TV show with her husband a few years ago?

On 4/2/2019 at 9:32 PM, bigskygirl said:

Jenna sent a text to Shelly B asking her if she was going to be point girl once the squad came back from Ohio. Kelli was not too pleased about it and took Jenna to get her act together by saying she is darn lucky she is still on the team and to get off her attitude of I should be point girl again aka stop acting like a rookie instead of a veteran.

Thank you...I thought I was remembering it correctly. 🙂 At least my brain isn't too shot!! 😉 

• Love 1