Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Kamal said:

they did. They reused the pictures from 2020

image.thumb.png.0830471a7fe86d439b8ddc119e35d3ef.png

I forgot abt them doing  that lol my bad slept since then haha 

Edited by Holly85
  • LOL 2

Even Kelli doesn’t remember season 8😂😂. Whatever season is on Pluto right now she said is the highest number of returning veterans with 29.   Season 8 had 32 returning to finals …. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Kamal said:

This could'd been the cover of the calendar for last year.

TAYLOR2_DAY-1_42615.Jeremiah-Jhass.thumb.jpg.fdf4f7dd78e20be3bb8581a9fe6de227.jpg

Who is this? And we can we beyond the over the head pose it’s so basic…

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Taylor (the teacher) who retired.

Ahhhh it is Taylor. It’s lovely that she’s a teacher but I’ll never believe she would’ve made the team without being besties with Kelli’s daughter. Imo she was about as exciting to watch as Amy who was just co-point with Maddie. Both I’m sure great teammates but a snooze fest.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

Does anyone know why they took rookies to the calendar shoot this past year?

They always do. They are now 2nd year vets not rookies.

If you are thinking of the 2019, 2020 rookie class they couldn't go because of covid.

On 8/5/2022 at 12:49 AM, Kamal said:
On 8/5/2022 at 12:04 AM, Holly85 said:

They didn’t do a swim calendar last year 

they did. They reused the pictures from 2020

image.thumb.png.0830471a7fe86d439b8ddc119e35d3ef.png

No wait you were right!!

This isn't last year. It's the year before. (2021 calendar is sold in year 2020)

As you said they didn't sell a 2022 swim calendar.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Kamal said:

They always do. They are now 2nd year vets not rookies.

If you are thinking of the 2019, 2020 rookie class they couldn't go because of covid.

Actually I was referring to the rookies from 2021/22. I saw pictures of all of them. Every rookie had several swimsuit pics.8ded285406f9d21f9732bffac0831709.thumb.jpg.70da9bd1b53954b7f3473b7ff7c48849.jpg0e0ce9376ea028794b14fccd702f4c2c.thumb.jpg.89c2416ff603f4ded9a989e92e95875c.jpg

• Love 1

Like they said, the rookies always do the calendar shoot. Now they might not end up making it into any calendars of they get cut at finals or training camp. Idk. In season 7 of the show they pretended like it was only the veterans that got to do the shoot. And I think that has ended up confusing a lot of people when it comes to that, even though that was so long ago now.  That shoot actually was from the season 6 squad and the rookies from that team were there. They of course had to edit out the five rookies that were cut. 

• Useful 1

I think the rookies started going on the calendar shoot when Cassie T was a rookie.  I remember her saying something about going on the shoot.  Before then, I don't think the rookies ever went and they've gone every year since despite what Kelly says.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I think the rookies started going on the calendar shoot when Cassie T was a rookie.  I remember her saying something about going on the shoot.  Before then, I don't think the rookies ever went and they've gone every year since despite what Kelly says.

Remember in Season 2 when they showed the season 1 rookies at the dept store trying on suits?  Melissa R, Brooke S, Leah, etc

• Like 3

I don't remember where I saw it but Abigail Klein (2007-2010) will start airing as Stephanie Johnson soon on Days of Our Lives.

ETA - found the article on Abigail:  https://www.soapoperaspy.com/2022/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-orpheus-targets-kayla-steve-fearful-as-stephanie-returns/?fbclid=IwAR0Dh_raAt6qOMNZcOobbBYd8Ddu2hU-aqE87xlGSGT_rTvtQ68VAO-xX70

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
added something
On 8/9/2022 at 9:52 AM, DCC.Style.fan said:

Actually I was referring to the rookies from 2021/22. I saw pictures of all of them. Every rookie had several swimsuit pics.8ded285406f9d21f9732bffac0831709.thumb.jpg.70da9bd1b53954b7f3473b7ff7c48849.jpg0e0ce9376ea028794b14fccd702f4c2c.thumb.jpg.89c2416ff603f4ded9a989e92e95875c.jpg

Lea is STUNNING!  She's one of my favs....I hope she made showgroup.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, Pj3422 said:

Is it just my imagination or does Lily seem more relaxed and happy now that she’s a DBC?  That ever-present tension in her jawline has disappeared. 

Yeah she is happy on the team but Shawana the director coach does cut vets she cut someone going into a 6th year I think she cuts them bc after so long she gets board of them 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Yeah she is happy on the team but Shawana the director coach does cut vets she cut someone going into a 6th year I think she cute them bc after so long she gets board of them 

Kelli gets bored faster:/

• Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Yeah she is happy on the team but Shawana the director coach does cut vets she cut someone going into a 6th year I think she cuts them bc after so long she gets board of them 

I know at least one of the captains this year is a 7th year vet.

• Useful 3
On 8/13/2022 at 6:46 PM, Holly85 said:

I do sometimes wonder how unexpected some of the cuts are? We do know that Kelli and Judy talk to each girl at the end of the season to discuss their plans and it is said that  on occasion, girls are 'encouraged' to retire and to not try out again. 

And then there are comments throughout the year regarding looks (as in weight) and or performance (thinking of Meredith and Morgan for instance) In such situations it cannot really come as a surprise when you are cut. 

I suppose most directors work that way. But I can also see why some girls may present it as unexpected as it might feel less humiliating that way than to blame it on weight or performance issues. But I also have to agree with Holly that directors can, and quite possibly will fire someone at random/for no reason at all.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

I do sometimes wonder how unexpected some of the cuts are? We do know that Kelli and Judy talk to each girl at the end of the season to discuss their plans and it is said that  on occasion, girls are 'encouraged' to retire and to not try out again. 

And then there are comments throughout the year regarding looks (as in weight) and or performance (thinking of Meredith and Morgan for instance) In such situations it cannot really come as a surprise when you are cut. 

I suppose most directors work that way. But I can also see why some girls may present it as unexpected as it might feel less humiliating that way than to blame it on weight or performance issues. But I also have to agree with Holly that directors can, and quite possibly will fire someone at random/for no reason at all.

How different will it be without a show?  Did they not suggest girls retire to provide drama - ie Keyra and Gabby.  Or even Meredith for that matter.  Did they think she would improve over the off season. 

• Love 2

I think that Keyra's cut (or some of the others) weren't so much for the drama as it was because they were more of a liability for the team then others and it was best to just cut their losses.

Others, like Meredith/Breelan/Morgan/etc., they give such girls every possible chance to improve (especially during the season), but many of them don't improve enough to compete against the incoming girls or they don't think they NEED to improve because they've already got it locked in because of being on the squad for a year.

There's also the "shock/drama/tearjerker" cuts where the girls are cut for no other reason then shock value or ratings because these girls are either more then good enough to be on the squad (and probably would have been if they hadn't auditioned while the show was on) or had been on the squad/show long enough to be a fan favorite and solid performer.  Hannah, Brennan, Holly P., Taryn, etc. are just some of these girls.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 5

I will say that many people given feedback think they have improved or that it won’t happen to them despite many warnings.  Then when it does happen they seem so shocked & usually tell friends they never knew they were in trouble or even worse never knew their grades were in jeopardy when many grade books are online.  I was a college professor for “decades” where there was a huge lab component that was often seen as more subjective.  Documented everything but often didn’t think it would really happen or would say this person as in parents or spouse would kill them or now they couldn’t work as it was based on doing well in college.  No matter what those giving the bad news we’re always cast in a bad light. Ok jumping slowly off my soapbox.  Been there, saw that, got lots of T-shirts.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Hannah, Brennan, Holly P., Taryn, etc. are just some of these girls.

Holly P. wasn't cut though, she resigned. And to be honest I wouldn't compare her situation to Hannah and Brennan. Holly P. broke her contract. Whether that part of the contract was necessary is up for dispute, don't get me wrong. But in that instance there was cause for them to lose her. 

• Love 4

Grad school! Check: I think it was last season, or the season before covid, but there were two TCC, who told Kelli separately during their uniform fittings, they wanted to go onto law school. Are they still cheering or now in law school? 

Did the TCC who was called in the office with Amy R (from Rockford -5 yrs if trying)  and she was questioned by Kitty go onto dental school? 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

I follow former DCC Heather Hamilton on Insta, she is going into her second year as a Titans cheerleader. Allie recently visited her in Nashville.  

Awesome! I really liked those two and I'm happy to hear they're still friends!

3 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Guys did you all see, Heather H is one of the line captain for titans. She’s a current second year right? It’s on titans instagram

DCC made a HUGE mistake cutting her. Go Heather!!

6 hours ago, go4luca said:

Have y'all seen how freaking cute Megan C's now 6 month old is?!!  

megan.rose.hurley_1660781702.jpg

LOL so cute! He looks like his daddy!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Guys did you all see, Heather H is one of the line captain for titans. She’s a current second year right? It’s on titans instagram

Yeah it’s a team vote system when it comes to their team captains 

• Love 5
On 8/15/2022 at 5:40 AM, EricaShadows said:

I think that Keyra's cut (or some of the others) weren't so much for the drama as it was because they were more of a liability for the team then others and it was best to just cut their losses.

I don’t remember all the details regarding Keyra’s cut anymore but the rumors on the forum were about several warnings relating to being late a couple of times and an attitude. Apparently, she made the same mistakes more than once.

I also agree with @cherryblossom. From my own experience as a teacher I know how hard it is for a lot of people to process feedback accurately, especially the bit about improvements. Somehow, people tend to see these as suggestions rather than the actual necessity to change or improve. Sometimes, they simply downplay the criticism and stick to their own belief that they’re doing fine. To such people, failing an exam or the termination of a contract always comes as a surprise because they really did not see it coming…

• Love 5

I always thought Heather H threw her audition at finals. Like she said  something along the lines of “I did this for a year and that was enough” then purposely messed up on her kicks

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
On 8/17/2022 at 4:53 PM, sATL said:

Grad school! Check: I think it was last season, or the season before covid, but there were two TCC, who told Kelli separately during their uniform fittings, they wanted to go onto law school. Are they still cheering or now in law school? 

It was Daphne and Amber from S13! Daphne had got injured at some point during her third year then got reinjured at the beginning of training camp and had to retire. Amber just retired. 

I think Amber finished a Master's of Legal Studies from Washington University in St. Louis and is currently working for a law firm (but not as a lawyer). Not sure what Daphne's up to.

P.S. I always thought that when Amber told Kelli that she was pre-law during college that Kelli cut Amber off by jumping in and saying "So was Daphne!!" I assumed Amber was going to say that she decided being an attorney wasn't for her. But then had to pivot and match Kelli's excitement. Idk maybe I read too much into that 😂

10 hours ago, LilyD said:

I don’t remember all the details regarding Keyra’s cut anymore but the rumors on the forum were about several warnings relating to being late a couple of times and an attitude

Regarding the attitude, wasn't she shown kind of taunting the rookie candidates when the vets were coming in for finals? On rewatch I normally skip the pre-TC episode, but I recall that being discussed here.

9 hours ago, Monique said:

I always thought Heather H threw her audition at finals. Like she said  something along the lines of “I did this for a year and that was enough” then purposely messed up on her kicks

Interesting theory! 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Regarding the attitude, wasn't she shown kind of taunting the rookie candidates when the vets were coming in for finals? On rewatch I normally skip the pre-TC episode, but I recall that being discussed here.

Interesting theory! 

Yes. She did that high kick. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Monique said:

She could've just retired though. I don't think she'd willingly make herself look dumb lol. She also looked super nervous when they were announcing the TCC's. She definitely wanted another year. DCC is the tippy top of football cheerleading teams.

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Interesting theory! 

Yeah but a few other girls were doing the same thing. I seem to recall Molly being right by her. And off screen, you could see someone beside Keyra do that high kick first. She just copied them. I mean not that that makes it alright lol, but still she wasn't the only one. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I think Heather H very much wanted to stay on. Turning the wrong way in the kick line was an unfortunate error.

Charlotte already had it out for her, Allie, and Raylee. They were gone no matter what anyone thought.

The only vet I’ve seen to escape Charlotte’s wrath was Anne Luxe. Somehow she she made it to a second season. 

• Like 3
  • Love 6