Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: I Got Played

Connor and Oliver attempt to secure a church for their wedding to appease their moms; Annalise and Nate continue their quest for justice in the face of endless obstacles; Annalise begins to doubt the governor's dedication to her cause.

Airdate: Thursday, November 8, 2018

There are a few things going on.

Who is Gabriel?  I think he’s Sam’s son by another woman.

Maybe the adoption had to do with Gabriel?

Bonnie isn’t the killer, she’s talking to the killer, Christopher is crying nearby.  Who would have him?

When Frank talks to Annalise at the reception, when is that in relation to the murder?  When Annalise is crying in her house, when is that?  Bonnie told that person to go home.  Was that person Annalise?  

• Love 5

Well...one more episode with next week being the finale. So, victim is a male, who COULD be Miller....but I still think even Bonnie can't compartmentalize that quickly if her boyfriend is dead. However, I don't know who else it would be. Maybe Emmett? 

I am leaning toward Nate being the killer, hence why Bonnie has his phone. Plus, he hasn't gotten to join Murder Club and has been mostly on the outside. If it's not Nate, then it's Gabriel. Actually, I think the killer could easily be Gabriel. The person Bonnie was talking to was in complete shock. Oliver's been through this before so he'd be verbally freaking out. Maybe the killer is Miller. I'd rather he be the killer than him be the victim. 

Ok, I'm curious about this adoption but I also feel like the show has finally hit its limit. It really does feel like they're throwing things at the wall to see what sticks. It feels like they also write the flashforwards and then try to work it into the episodes (for example, Nate/Michaela's random interaction because they need to get to the point in the flashforward where she's calling him).

So, I think Gabriel isn't Bonnie's son anymore. I think he's a spy for someone, maybe the Governor. He keeps trying to get close to certain people in Annalise's group. He could be fishing for information on Annalise or the group in general. Frank was so nonchalant about Gabriel that I feel pretty sure that Gabriel is likely not her son. 

I'm super happy it seems like Emmett is not behind Nate Sr's death. I'm glad Annalise is going to help him, just as I hope he helps her. 

It's a shame to hear that Annalise is drinking again. Part of me hoped that the Governor planted those bottles under her trash.

Michaela, girl, why? I was really starting to like you again up until you showed up at Gabriel's doorstep.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well...one more episode with next week being the finale. So, victim is a male, who COULD be Miller....but I still think even Bonnie can't compartmentalize that quickly if her boyfriend is dead. However, I don't know who else it would be. Maybe Emmett? 

I am leaning toward Nate being the killer, hence why Bonnie has his phone. Plus, he hasn't gotten to join Murder Club and has been mostly on the outside. If it's not Nate, then it's Gabriel. Actually, I think the killer could easily be Gabriel. The person Bonnie was talking to was in complete shock. Oliver's been through this before so he'd be verbally freaking out. Maybe the killer is Miller. I'd rather he be the killer than him be the victim. 

Ok, I'm curious about this adoption but I also feel like the show has finally hit its limit. It really does feel like they're throwing things at the wall to see what sticks. It feels like they also write the flashforwards and then try to work it into the episodes (for example, Nate/Michaela's random interaction because they need to get to the point in the flashforward where she's calling him).

So, I think Gabriel isn't Bonnie's son anymore. I think he's a spy for someone, maybe the Governor. He keeps trying to get close to certain people in Annalise's group. He could be fishing for information on Annalise or the group in general. Frank was so nonchalant about Gabriel that I feel pretty sure that Gabriel is likely not her son. 

I'm super happy it seems like Emmett is not behind Nate Sr's death. I'm glad Annalise is going to help him, just as I hope he helps her. 

It's a shame to hear that Annalise is drinking again. Part of me hoped that the Governor planted those bottles under her trash.

Michaela, girl, why? I was really starting to like you again up until you showed up at Gabriel's doorstep.

So if Gabriel is a spy for the governor, how does that relate to he knows about the adoption? 

I also agree that Gabriel is probably not Bonnie's son but what about the adoption?  I'm so confused....

Gabriel might be the child Annalise and Sam wanted to adopt?  Don’t get what’s such a secret.

Was the victim wearing a tux?

Why would the baby be at a murder scene?  

The timelines are always so confusing.  You never know what the sequence is.  

Annalise is dancing.  Frank walks up to her, tells her something. Annalise slaps Frank’s face.  Then cut to the body in the snow.  Does that have anything to do with what Frank told Annalise?

Where’s the murder weapon?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

So if Gabriel is a spy for the governor, how does that relate to he knows about the adoption? 

I also agree that Gabriel is probably not Bonnie's son but what about the adoption?  I'm so confused....

Gabriel, as far as we know, knows nothing. All we know is that he's trying to get invited to the wedding for unknown reasons. 

The adoption and Gabriel may be two completely separate mysteries. We also don't know what KIND of adoption.

• Love 3

So wait, adoption? What adoption? Is this where Gabriel comes in? I am so confused! 

I wonder if Oliver is the person Bonnie is talking to who actually killed...whoever? I feel like he will be involved somehow, as he is still MIA at the wedding reception, and they have spent so much time building up this night for him and Connor. Speaking of, Connor beat the crap out of that guy! Now we know why he looked beaten up at the wedding. 

I thought that they might call the husband of the abusive guard to the stand, or try to at least. Sucks that it looks like the Governor was behind it, and that she got away with it. For now at least. She has never gone up against Annalise, she has no idea who she just pissed off!

Sucks that Annalise is drinking again, but at least she got her job back. Surprised that Emmett was apparently not really the bad guy in whatever happened that got him sent to London, and that he is backing Annalise. 

Oh Michaela. She is so smart about so many things, but often so dumb about romance. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I wonder if Oliver is the person Bonnie is talking to who actually killed...whoever? I feel like he will be involved somehow, as he is still MIA at the wedding reception, and they have spent so much time building up this night for him and Connor. Speaking of, Connor beat the crap out of that guy! Now we know why he looked beaten up at the wedding. 

For a moment there I was worried he was actually gonna kill that guy. I hope that guy won't come back for revenge at some point or something. 

But yes, I am very curious where the hell Oliver is. I agree he;s probably involved somehow in whatever goes down. If so, I wonder if it will be with or without Connor's knowledge. 

I thought that they might call the husband of the abusive guard to the stand, or try to at least. Sucks that it looks like the Governor was behind it, and that she got away with it. For now at least. She has never gone up against Annalise, she has no idea who she just pissed off!

That epic rant of Annalise's on the stand. Seriously. Do not get her angry. I liked Bonnie checking in on her and being concerned about her drinking-here's hoping Annalise can get motivated to get back in there and fight this shady investigation. 

Oh Michaela. She is so smart about so many things, but often so dumb about romance. 

The part that worried me about that was Asher hearing them through the wall. I think we now have a potential explanation for why he and Connor's mom hook up, but given his quick temper, and the way he reacted after he and Michaela broke up before, I'm also concerned about what else he might do in response. 

As for Gabriel, I like the idea that he might be connected to Sam somehow. He definitely seems to be fishing for something on Annalise and the gang. 

• Love 1

Annalise adopted someone in the past?  I’m thinking that someone was baby Gabriel who then got taken away from her because of her drinking.  I still think Gabriel is the child of Sam and another woman.   Annalise was going to adopt him and then it fell through?

So Bonnie is talking to the killer and the victim is a man.   That means Tegan survives!   I don’t really care if any of Nate, Oliver or Miller die.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, TomGirl said:

How can Annelise keep dropping in to see the governor?  Isn’t Annelise in Philly and the governor in Harrisburg, two hours away?

This is going to be one of my weirder bits of personal knowledge. The governor's office has regional offices all over the state primarily to make it easier for people throughout the state to interact with the governor's staff and have a sort of "strike team" to deal with crises in different part of the state. When a classmate and friend's father was the governor of Pennsylvania, he was known for spending a disproportionate amount of time in the Philadelphia office.

Also a coroner doesn't need an elected official to request an inquest. A coroner can request one on his or her own. Cyril Wecht, who is a brilliant, but a ruthlessly ambitious blowhard, was known for requesting them and grandstanding when convening them and announcing the jury's findings. 

• Love 3

Annalise did get a little too played too easily in this episode and she did sabotage Nate's chances of getting an inquest there. Shame that she's drinking again but I did like Bonnie having her back though.

This adoption plot feels really tacked on. If it's Gabriel, then how come Annalise hasn't recognised him then?

Connor getting into a fight with a homophobe - explains the bruises I guess on the wedding day. Now I'm slightly worried for Oliver.

Michaela does seem to have some hasty judgement with romantic partners but she's always had then though. 

At least we'll know who's dead by next week, 7/10

• Love 1

I have watch to this episode again. I was pretty sleepy last night.  I think the writers twist things to suit their purpose, even when it doesn't add up.  

Punching someone in the face because they insulted you.....please. I have no patience for that.  When you live the lives of these people, you don't go around calling attention to yourself, placing yourself at a police station or in jail, etc.  Just idiotic, imo. 

If Nate's dad did not die the  way they said, then those present are lying.  There are ways to get to that. Why didn't they really explore it?   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Punching someone in the face because they insulted you.....please. I have no patience for that.  When you live the lives of these people, you don't go around calling attention to yourself, placing yourself at a police station or in jail, etc.  Just idiotic, imo. 

For me, it was such an odd scene because I feel like the show wrote the flashforward with Connor first and then, a couple of episodes later, went "Oh shit, we don't know who Connor got into a fight with. Should it be with someone like Gabriel? No, that won't work. Uhhh.....random bar guy! Ok!"

After some thought, I definitely am back on the Miller-is-dead train, and Gabriel probably killed him. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm confused.  Connor and Oliver were minding their own business.  Asshole homophobe should have just kept walking.  What do I care about two people making out?

We know that Sam was Annalise's therapist, he was helping her get over her trauma of being raped, as a child, by her uncle.  We know Sam and Annalise had an affair.  Maybe Annalise got pregnant and she and Sam put the baby up for adoption, and that child is now Gabriel.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

We know that Sam was Annalise's therapist, he was helping her get over her trauma of being raped, as a child, by her uncle.  We know Sam and Annalise had an affair.  Maybe Annalise got pregnant and she and Sam put the baby up for adoption, and that child is now Gabriel.

That would not only be pretty shitty, but a retcon as well. We know Annalise and Sam had fertility issues and multiple miscarriages. They even talked about adoption before. I wouldn't be able to buy Annalise getting pregnant before all of that and giving the baby up for adoption. They MAY be able to work it in to the story and maybe it wouldn't be a full retcon, but I would think it's bullshit. What, do they have no other ideas that they're throwing a secret son at Annalise, especially after the first three season's most popular theory about Wes being the secret son? No thanks. 

• Love 5

After all the scandals Annalise has had, her having given up a child for adoption would hardly be a blip on her reputation, so I don't think something that simple would be enough to scare her if the governor threatened to release it. The immediate answer would be to hold a press conference and tell the world about it, and that the governor tried to threaten her with the information. Get ahead of the story, go on the offensive, and control the narrative: three of Anna's go to strategies when things get tough.

I have decided that the show doesn't really plan things enough to give us clues we can use to deduce what is happening. So whatever it is, they're just going to spring it on us out of nowhere and we won't have seen it coming. The best we can hope for is that it's not a complete retcon.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I'm confused.  Connor and Oliver were minding their own business.  Asshole homophobe should have just kept walking.  What do I care about two people making out?

It still happens all too frequently, and for the same reason asshole homophobes feel the need to inject themselves into all other aspects of LGBTQ+ lives, like dictating whether they can get married, or order wedding cakes, or if they can hold a parade or a funeral without a mob wielding "God Hates F*gs" signs showing up. The same reason why asshole transphobes feel the need to clock and out transgender people going about their day, or refusing to use their preferred pronouns. The same reasons why asshole racists feel the need to acost Latinxs to "Speak English in America" or "Go back to where you came from," or call the police on black people just for existing. Because homophobia, transphobia, and racism are still alive and well today. Because when you are in a position of majority, privilege, and power (like being cisgender, straight, or white), equality can feel like oppression. It's a knee jerk reaction to defend their privilege so they can continue to live in a society that tips in their favor.

I'm not sure how I feel about Nate Sr.'s death being a deliberate assassination from the governor. It makes it seem like the disproportionate amount of shootings and killings of black people by police officers are part of a large conspiracy with mustache-twirling masterminds at the top, and not the result of systemic social prejudices and racism that continue to ripple through society today. They didn't need to make it all be a grand scheme by the governor. It would have been much more realistic, and tragic, if Nate Sr. was the victim of yet another shooting caused by racially-charged itchy trigger fingers.

Edited by jaigurudeva
  • Love 16

Part of the trouble with this season is it requires AK to have been unbelievably short-sighted and paranoid and unsavvy simultaneously.

Any reasonable person, given a sketchy job offer by the governor who she has repeatedly antagonized, would have been, "Thanks, but no thanks. I have absolutely no reason to think this isn't a ploy. Even taking you at your word,there are plenty of people who you can hire with a better background to administer a department. Meanwhile, I will keep my almost-assuredly better paying job, and look out for my clients' interests on my own rather than cast them to the winds. And if you're serious about criminal justice reform, I'll happily work with the person you hire for the job."

Any reasonable person who was screwed by the governor would screw them back twice as hard in the press and elsewhere. Putting aside the notion that the governor put a hit on Nate Sr., the notion that she offered the job and then withdrew it is a pretty big deal. Her state was found to have violated the Constitution in offering subpar defenses, and she reversed herself in trying to fix the problem?

Maybe I am jaded, but it seems like whatever might have gone on with this adoption could not be an effective counter to the embarrassment the governor would suffer. 

• Love 9

Could it actually be that Gabriel is Annelise's son, the one who supposedly died in the car accident when she was pregnant? I mean, seeing how everything is planned so much in advance on this show, they could've easily swapped the baby at the hospital and make her believe he was dead. I mean, I know that's kind of far fetched, but after all we've seen, I wouldn't put anything past this show. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, stormy weather said:

Could it actually be that Gabriel is Annelise's son, the one who supposedly died in the car accident when she was pregnant? I mean, seeing how everything is planned so much in advance on this show, they could've easily swapped the baby at the hospital and make her believe he was dead. I mean, I know that's kind of far fetched, but after all we've seen, I wouldn't put anything past this show. 

Not unless they retcon the child having died over 20 years ago, rather than just over 10 years ago. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Any reasonable person, given a sketchy job offer by the governor who she has repeatedly antagonized, would have been, "Thanks, but no thanks. I have absolutely no reason to think this isn't a ploy. Even taking you at your word,there are plenty of people who you can hire with a better background to administer a department. Meanwhile, I will keep my almost-assuredly better paying job, and look out for my clients' interests on my own rather than cast them to the winds. And if you're serious about criminal justice reform, I'll happily work with the person you hire for the job."

Any reasonable person who was screwed by the governor would screw them back twice as hard in the press and elsewhere. Putting aside the notion that the governor put a hit on Nate Sr., the notion that she offered the job and then withdrew it is a pretty big deal. Her state was found to have violated the Constitution in offering subpar defenses, and she reversed herself in trying to fix the problem?

I was thinking, if nothing else, Annalise would make so much more working at C&G. Her new place is nice and expensive-looking; better keep those white-shoe paychecks. And you're right, she's usually much more shrewd than that. And as you say, and as she said, her reputation has already been damaged; the governor has much more to lose than she does if Annalise goes on the offensive.

I knew Gabriel and Michaela were going to hook up. The only reason that's interesting is that Gabriel clearly has an angle; otherwise he wouldn't be pushing so hard to go to a wedding for two people he barely knows.

I had actually forgotten that Connor's face was bruised at the wedding so the explanation for it wasn't necessary to me (though it was nice to see Connor beat the homophobe's ass).

• Love 3

So the victim is definitely not Nate - you can see that the body is a white male that has hair/a full beard. It looked like Miller, to be honest. But it could just be some random person and the real mystery/reveal is who the killer is. But considering all the #WhoDiedAtTheWedding stuff, I feel like we have to know the victim. So yeah, I'm sticking with Miller, going by what we could see of the body.

As for the possible killer, my guesses are:

Miller also makes a lot of most sense for who the killer would be, just based on how Bonnie is talking to them, her helping them at all, and the fact that she's hiding the murder from other people. I feel like if it's Nate, she could trust the others to help with it, Oliver too, whereas Miller is the only one I can see her feeling the need to take this on herself, even at the risk of fucking it all up.

That said, I can still see the killer being Nate, because he's obviously tied to Bonnie a lot this season, he's got other stuff going on and has a reason to be upset, and he's connected to Miller too. He hasn't been directly involved in murder night shenanigans before, so I can see him being in shock and needing to be talked through it, especially if the person he just killed is the DA.

Another possibility is Gabriel, but I think that theory only really makes sense if he's Bonnie's son and I've sadly got to admit defeat with that. I can't see her helping him for any other reason, unless he really is Annalise's son, but even then, I think she'd only do it if there was reason to believe he was good, and they're all clearly suspicious of him, so if he murdered someone, especially Miller, it's hard to see her helping him like that.

Annalise is a possible theory. Maybe Frank tells her whatever, she goes out and loses it (maybe she'd been drinking?) and Bonnie is there trying to help her; she goes home like Bonnie says and loses it because she killed someone. Honestly, if the victim is Miller, Annalise is the only person I could really buy Bonnie helping like that. Nate maybe, eventually, but right after it happened? I feel like she'd be too upset and angry, even if she understood it was an accident. Though I will accept Nate, in this scenario.

Oh, and maybe Julie. I could see her helping Julie, because Annalise even said Bonnie always turns into a pleaser or whatever when she's with Julie, but I don't see why she'd be at the wedding. I could see her being triggered if she saw Miller with Christopher and thought she was taking him or something, but that's really far fetched and would be majorly underwhelming, though it would give a purpose to the Bonnie baby stuff.

Oliver, I'll add, simply because he's missing, but I don't see any reason for it to be him, though he'd definitely be shaken up and needing help.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

How lucky for you that you've never had that particular word, I assume, hurled at you.  Calling someone "tacky" is an insult.  Calling someone the "f" word is hate speech, it's a threat, it's one of the most abhorrent words you can fling at someone; what it is not is an insult.  I'm glad Connor beat the shit out of him.

I loved how after she asked Annalise if she was drinking again and had Annalise start irrationally laying into her (that's when I knew, too), Bonnie just calmly searched until she found the vodka bottles; she's been great this season.

Gabriel is so obviously a skeez.  I mean, he's super hot, and I know I'd think about it if he all but begged me for sex, but he's just so shady.  Michaela, it's one step forward, two steps back for you, hon.

I don't know what will be revealed next week, but I can't wait!

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, NUguy514 said:

How lucky for you that you've never had that particular word, I assume, hurled at you.  Calling someone "tacky" is an insult.  Calling someone the "f" word is hate speech, it's a threat, it's one of the most abhorrent words you can fling at someone; what it is not is an insult.  I'm glad Connor beat the shit out of him.

To me that word, like the n-word, are literal fighting words.

• Love 16

The only reason I would've been concerned for Connor beating up that homophobe is because he's already been involved in so much shady stuff and had to deal with other dead bodies throughout the course of the series, so I was afraid that if he had killed the guy, yeah, it wouldn't be tied to the Keating gang's activities, but it'd still be one more scary thing he'd have to deal with, and it would only add to the stress that's already building in this lead up to the wedding. 

Outside of that, though, yeah, I don't blame him one bit for decking the guy. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

That would not only be pretty shitty, but a retcon as well. We know Annalise and Sam had fertility issues and multiple miscarriages. They even talked about adoption before. I wouldn't be able to buy Annalise getting pregnant before all of that and giving the baby up for adoption. They MAY be able to work it in to the story and maybe it wouldn't be a full retcon, but I would think it's bullshit. What, do they have no other ideas that they're throwing a secret son at Annalise, especially after the first three season's most popular theory about Wes being the secret son? No thanks. 

This is where I'm at. I feel like the show at least WANTS us to think Gabriel is her son she put up for adoption, but I just don't buy it. Annalise losing her son was literally what kicked off basically everything on the show, so for them to kind of diminish that by pulling another son out of their ass that was somehow never mentioned in all of those fertility talks (not to mention that one flashback implied Annalise had never been pregnant before, since Bonnie had to give her advice) would be pretty awful storytelling.

I also don't see how Annalise and her husband having a baby would be blackmail material that would ruin her reputation at all, unless it was a case of her getting pregnant and having the baby back when Sam was with his first wife, since we know their relationship started as an affair. But even then, with all that the world knows about Annalise, her sleeping with a married man 20+ years ago is nothing, so.

I have no other theories on what the adoption could be in reference to, unless it's some kind of case that she did something shady involving adoption papers? It's obviously something Bonnie knows, though.

My only guess for Gabriel going into the midseason finale is that he's Sam's kid from his first marriage, but I also vaguely recall Annalise having a line about her being black/Sam being with a black woman that might suggest his first wife wasn't black, but I could be wrong about that. If it is Sam's son, I doubt that was the plan all along, though, since Frank would have surely said "his kid" is here, not "her kid", but.

And I still have no guesses on who he could be talking to, except Eve, as she's the only other person we know of that has known Annalise for this long and would care to be looking out for her.

Edited by colorbars
  • Love 2

Maybe Laurel brought him to the wedding reception?

Could it actually be that Gabriel is Annelise's son, the one who supposedly died in the car accident when she was pregnant?

Aw geez, that would be some straight up, Erica Kane-esque, soap opera b.s. Oh please don't let them go there. I might have to stop watching this show.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Aw geez, that would be some straight up, Erica Kane-esque, soap opera b.s. Oh please don't let them go there. I might have to stop watching this show.

That baby only died 11ish years ago, it's not him.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Not unless they retcon the child having died over 20 years ago, rather than just over 10 years ago. 

Well, like I said, it's still not Grey's Anatomy level (nor will it ever be, I hope), but this show has had its fair share of implausible moments, so even a hazy timeline regarding the car accident/miscarriage wouldn't surprise me at this point.

But thanks for reminding me, I had completely forgotten they said the accident happened 10 years ago. Viola Davis is 53 so I guessed AK would be around the same age, and she looked in her early-mid 30s when she miscarried, so I figured it could be hers. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Neurochick said:

It looks like Bonnie isn’t the killer, she’s talking to the killer.  The victim is male.  Can’t wait until next week.  I wonder if Annalise is the killer.

I don't think it's Annalise. While she is almost always at the episcenter, she's the only one who has never killed anyone.

22 hours ago, Neurochick said:

When Frank talks to Annalise at the reception, when is that in relation to the murder?  When Annalise is crying in her house, when is that?  Bonnie told that person to go home.  Was that person Annalise?  

This is what makes me think it'd Nate. Other than one of the K5 or Bonnie, I don't think she would break down like that. My other theory is the news has nothing to do with #Whodiedinthesnow and it's bad news about her parents.

22 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm don't think Gabriel is Annalise or Bonnie's kid. Gab is a 2L so he's a few years younger than everyone else, so maybe 24ish. Who's her? Some shady adoption Annalise helped make happen? Eve's kid? Annalise's sister's kid she help make disappear? Whoever he is, he has a clear agenda. He purposely came to Middleton to get close to AK. He's very again "the man", fight for social injustice.  There's an undertone of anger he hides very well. Mr fake ID is trouble.

As fr Micheala, girlfriend has terrible taste in men. Asher was the best thing to happen to her and she didn't know it.

11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

This is going to be one of my weirder bits of personal knowledge. The governor's office has regional offices all over the state primarily to make it easier for people throughout the state to interact with the governor's staff and have a sort of "strike team" to deal with crises in different part of the state. When a classmate and friend's father was the governor of Pennsylvania, he was known for spending a disproportionate amount of time in the Philadelphia office.

Rendell? Dude was always buying folks gas at Midvale & RIdge.

9 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Especially in front of a gay bar, likely in the gayborhood. That guy looked like the type of creep who goes down their hoping to provoke a fight. 

This was a good episode. If you rewatch you can see Annalise spiraling. Micheala & Laurel pointed it out during Nate Sr.'s trial. She's too close to the case. If she wasn't she would have known better than to take that deal. Governor played her by dangling the one thing she couldn't resist in front of her; Nate Sr. getting pardoned.

I also found the Coliver scenes rather sweet. In fact so sweet I low key am nervous that it's Oliver who dies. I also loved that Oliver choose to wear a Barong for the wedding. I also like how Oliver's words about wanting to forget about all the awful things happening for a minute echo how many of us feel right about now. It's also interesting that Connor called out Brazil and Ireland when they were meeting with the priest. I know Brazil has edited or refused to air episodes featuring Coliver and then reversed themselves when the online fandom complained. 

So my guesses for who's in the snow? My first guest is Nate. I think he's spiraling because of his dad. I'm not sure if he's dead or seriously injured like Simon was last season. Miller would be my second choice. As for who's in the car, my guess is either Miller (if it's Nate who's dead), or Julie, which might explain why the baby is there. Either Miller or Julie in the car would also explain why Bonnie would have to slow walk them through what to do. 

I have no idea what Gabriel is up to. I suspect his reveal will be the last 10 minutes. 

I also wonder why Micheala and Connor were chosen for K5. I used to think it was because they were the 2 smart ones. Now I think there's something going on with Connor's dad. 

• Love 1

Someone mentioned Eve? By all means, bring Eve back, please! Than she and Tegan can fight for Annalise's love. 

Michaela, darling, the only good man for you is Asher. He makes you look human and likable. Get back together, please!

I don't have theories, only wishes.

1. Connor and Oliver have to be alive.

2. Tegan and Emmet must survive too.

3. Miller or Nate can die, I don't care.

4. I want Annalise's revenge to be ugly.

I liked the idea that Gabriel could be related to Wes somehow. That's the only thing that makes some sense to me. We'll see.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, TomGirl said:

How can Annelise keep dropping in to see the governor?  Isn’t Annelise in Philly and the governor in Harrisburg, two hours away?

I wondered that too, but I'm thinking the writers think most people don't know where the capitol of Pennsylvania is, or maybe they don't know themselves.  But then I wondered if the governor of a large state like that would have offices in other locations around the state, in case they have to visit for certain events. And google suggests that is the case IRL. So it is possible the governor came to Philly for a few weeks to deal with the Annalise drama, although they didn't present it like that.

On 11/8/2018 at 11:28 PM, Neurochick said:

Maybe the baby is the killer. His family tree is full of murderers and his main caregivers have all killed or covered up a murder or two.  No one would see it coming.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Maybe the baby is the killer. His family tree is full of murderers and his main caregivers have all killed or covered up a murder or two.  No one would see it coming.

Has to fit in to the murder club somehow.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, colorbars said:

So the victim is definitely not Nate - you can see that the body is a white male that has hair/a full beard.

If we're taking inventory of white males with beards, Frank qualifies as much as Miller. I can't remember whether Connor's dads have beards or not, but they are probably at the wedding, too. Connor himself is a white male with a beard, but I think we know he's alive, unless I am very confused about the order of events.

I was disappointed to see that Annalise had started drinking again, but in hindsight it may have been going on much longer than we know. I thought it was very OOC for her not to be suspicious of the Governor from the jump.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

If we're taking inventory of white males with beards, Frank qualifies as much as Miller. I can't remember whether Connor's dads have beards or not, but they are probably at the wedding, too. Connor himself is a white male with a beard, but I think we know he's alive, unless I am very confused about the order of events.

The body is also wearing a suit/tux, though, and if I remember the first flashback correctly, Frank wasn't dressed up for the wedding when he arrived, but I could be wrong about that.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Milaxx said:

Rendell?

Nope. His successor. Though Rendell really didn't seem too particularly fond of spending time in Harrisburg either. It's not super surprising. I'm from Pennsylvania; I get it. 

I once got the world's weirdest job offer for a state agency, which would have had me relocate to Harrisburg. As they were presenting me with the offer, they kept asking me if I really wanted to be in Harrisburg. They'd describe something about the job and then ask if I really wanted to be in Harrisburg. They'd say, "You're a young Black woman. Do you really want to be here...in Harrisburg?" I replied that I had family and law school friends in Harrisburg. They'd murmur "Oh, she has friends and family here." We'd talk a little more about the job and then they'd say "You said you did X, Y, and Z as a hobby. You're not really going to find that here. You might be more comfortable working in Pittsburgh or Philly." What they were getting at is that central PA still has a fuckton of bigots who are very open about their bigotry.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, rubyred said:

I was disappointed to see that Annalise had started drinking again, but in hindsight it may have been going on much longer than we know. I thought it was very OOC for her not to be suspicious of the Governor from the jump.

I don't know if the show will address it specifically but I suspect she started drinking again after Nate Sr.'s death. This season she has been very put together. She's got a fancy new place and a fresh start. This week's episode we see her waking up late, food remnants all over the bed as if she was snacking in bed late at night & passed out. She also appeared slightly hung over. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Maybe Laurel brought him to the wedding reception?

She did. In one of the wedding scenes, Bonnie has Christopher in the bathroom and Laurel comes in and says something like "Oh good, you have him - I was getting worried." We don't know how he gets from the reception to sitting outside in the snow, though.

• Love 2