Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: MAFS: Happily Ever After?

• Start Topic

"The experts"  task the couples with a relationship building exercises at their seaside resort.

Highlighted are poor communication skills that plague the couples...

The couples continue to get acquainted with each other...

Edited by humbleopinion
40 minutes ago, JAndy said:

Danielle doesn’t demand a lot ?. Bobby does all the work what could she demand?

Bobby has trained her to expect a lot now but I sensed some cracks are showing with Bobby maybe.....like when they were playing that word game?

• Love 11

Jephite cheating. I don't think I could forgive that especially while pregnant. I can understand he was overwhelmed  and needed space or a minute to think.  His solution of,  I needed to get the old me back and having sex with other women is pretty hard to forgive. He has said that his father was in and out of his life , going back and forth to Haiti while his mom had a bunch of kids to raise alone. Seems like he is already starting a bad cycle. I wanted to see Shawnice and Jephite make it but I think she might be better off having him be a great father and an ex husband.

• Love 14

All three couples have serious problems. Shawniece has no self-esteem and took back a cheating Jephte. Ashley railroads Anthony to get her way and he takes it until he blows up. That's only going to intensify when you start adding kids and more stressors to the mix. She doesn't even kiss him hello or goodbye? That's sad. That's a basic. As for Danielle and Bobby, her inability to show affection or express her feelings is going to lead to him resenting her and/or feeling neglected. He's wondering if Danielle ranks him ahead of Henry, FFS. He's also probably wondering if he's going to have to do everything for the baby besides push.

I'm glad that we're out of the couples retreat. Watching these dumb games and forced interactions was boring IMO. I'd rather see the couples in their homes, interacting with their family and friends.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

As for Danielle and Bobby, her inability to show affection or express her feelings is going to lead to him resenting her and/or feeling neglected. He's wondering if Danielle ranks him ahead of Henry, FFS. He's also probably wondering if he's going to have to do everything for the baby besides push.

How long have they known each other? I find it odd that there are expectations that Danielle should  be revealing all her feelings and doing this and that, when they haven't known each other that long. If they had met in a traditional way, there would not be those expectations so early on. The unplanned pregnancy makes it worse because it causes an even greater emotional conflict. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

How long have they known each other? I find it odd that there are expectations that Danielle should  be revealing all her feelings and doing this and that, when they haven't known each other that long. If they had met in a traditional way, there would not be those expectations so early on. The unplanned pregnancy makes it worse because it causes an even greater emotional conflict. 

I don’t know how long it’s been in actual time I would guess something  like 4-6 months?  I also don’t recall,  was the pregnancy unplanned and if so I would seriously question why.  I realize accidents happen but there are very effective methods of birth control.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, endure said:

I don’t know how long it’s been in actual time I would guess something  like 4-6 months?  I also don’t recall,  was the pregnancy unplanned and if so I would seriously question why.  I realize accidents happen but there are very effective methods of birth control.

Bobby made it seem like it was planned - which is even crazier to me. Maybe they are just playing it off that way. If it was planned, I find it strange that Danielle planned a baby with a guy she can’t even express her feelings to. She’s 30, he’s like 27, it wasn’t like the clocking was ticking and they needed to get pregnant ASAP 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

How long have they [Bobby& Danielle] known each other? I find it odd that there are expectations that Danielle should  be revealing all her feelings and doing this and that, when they haven't known each other that long. If they had met in a traditional way, there would not be those expectations so early on. The unplanned pregnancy makes it worse because it causes an even greater emotional conflict. 

I don't find that odd, at all.

7 hours ago, endure said:

Bobby and Danielle had been married 6 months when they started filming "Happily Ever After". 

I'm convinced the pregnancy was UNplanned --they would have to be pretty dumb to plan a baby this soon into an arranged marriage, and they said during MAFS that they wanted to wait before jumping into parenthood.

• Love 3

This episode made me realize one of the big problems of the show. The couples have no chemistry with the other couples. Do you guys remember how Courtney, Monique, and Jaimie all became friends that first season?  Jon and Jephte seemed like they had fun together (no one could really like Ryan, even though it seemed like he had a pretty active social life), while Bobby and Dave almost kinda had a bromance going on. I have heard the ladies of the second season are all pretty close, even though their season was a disaster marriage-wise. These three couples are all awkward together and really do not seem to be enjoying each other's company, despite what they say to the camera.

Shawnice seems like a naturally warm and friendly person. I would love to hang out with her and she seems like she would make a good friend. However, naturally, with all the issues with Jephte, she is not going to be her best self. You can see she is not happy.

Ashley has such a pretty face. However, she seems kind of fed up with Anthony though I am not sure why. She is coming off a little cold and distant.

Danielle seems nice enough. She does seem guarded, probably because she feels guilty because she just has not fallen for Bobby as fast as he had fallen for her. They seem happy enough but she seems wary of making friends with the other couples, probably because she does not want any of their scrutinies. Unfortunately. she will be in for a lot of discomfort since the only purpose of this show is to create unneeded drama.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, qtpye said:

This episode made me realize one of the big problems of the show. The couples have no chemistry with the other couples. Do you guys remember how Courtney, Monique, and Jaimie all became friends that first season?  Jon and Jephte seemed like they had fun together (no one could really like Ryan, even though it seemed like he had a pretty active social life), while Bobby and Dave almost kinda had a bromance going on. I have heard the ladies of the second season are all pretty close, even though their season was a disaster marriage-wise. These three couples are all awkward together and really do not seem to be enjoying each other's company, despite what they say to the camera.

Shawnice seems like a naturally warm and friendly person. I would love to hang out with her and she seems like she would make a good friend. However, naturally, with all the issues with Jephte, she is not going to be her best self. You can see she is not happy.

Ashley has such a pretty face. However, she seems kind of fed up with Anthony though I am not sure why. She is coming off a little cold and distant.

Danielle seems nice enough. She does seem guarded, probably because she feels guilty because she just has not fallen for Bobby as fast as he had fallen for her. They seem happy enough but she seems wary of making friends with the other couples, probably because she does not want any of their scrutinies. Unfortunately. she will be in for a lot of discomfort since the only purpose of this show is to create unneeded drama.

The girls of season 5 are still friends. They post themselves together on Instagram a lot 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Ashley has that pregnancy glow already, but her facial expression often looks like she's smelling a foul odor or something.  She definitely looks uncomfortable.  I wonder if her pregnancy hormones are making her more on edge and it's inserting a negative vibe into her and Anthony's marital relationship.

• Love 5

Ashley just seems to have no patience. Which does not bode well for the marriage or for the baby. She's so mad that Anthony doesn't want to know the sex of the baby, she doesn't care why he doesn't want to know, she just thinks it's stupid, and then he picks what he thought was the six-month mark, and was wrong, so she's not buying what he's selling about not wanting to know.

I wonder if he's doing it just to annoy her? It really is such a tiny thing, but she is totally going to make it a HUGE thing between them because she has to be RIGHT and he has to be WRONG.

I really dislike that in her. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Ashley just seems to have no patience. Which does not bode well for the marriage or for the baby. She's so mad that Anthony doesn't want to know the sex of the baby, she doesn't care why he doesn't want to know, she just thinks it's stupid, and then he picks what he thought was the six-month mark, and was wrong, so she's not buying what he's selling about not wanting to know.

I wonder if he's doing it just to annoy her? It really is such a tiny thing, but she is totally going to make it a HUGE thing between them because she has to be RIGHT and he has to be WRONG.

He said he just wanted to increase the excitement of finding out. Which whatever. Just tell him on September 1st. It’s not that much longer. 

I like how she was trying to get the girls to agree with her but shawniece thought it was cute that Anthony wanted to wait lol. 

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

I get what you’re saying but I think it would drive me crazy to know but my spouse doesn’t! I wanted to know as soon as possible with both my kids and the second we knew we started trying to pick names, buy clothes, decorate, etc. It’s kind of half ass to find out like he’s doing it because they are not experiencing it together, nor are they waiting until the baby is born and finding out in that moment. It’s kind of like a slow leak of info which just seems more wah wah (insert sad tuba sound).

i don’t think they really have too many major problems if the thing that’s bugging him is that he just wants a kiss hello and goodbye every day.....

I wish we could have seen their final photos - it looked to me like he picked a better background but she posed themselves better! ?

Shawniece seems so sad. It seems Jephte was not so much trying to “do me” but more trying to “do other women” instead.  They had already been through so much on their season, plus a baby and then infidelity? Enough already!

• Love 6
(edited)

Shawniece is the glue of this snoozer of a show..she is liked by whole the cast and does her best Jamie O by asking the group  open ended questions in a non threatening way...

Jephte is the worst to ever to be cast on MAFS. Don't fall for his sad puppy eyes...

Shawniece will soon file for divorce...shedding her pregnancy weight and the dead weight that is Jephte...

Ashley used the "therapy" sessions to air her simmering grievances against Anthony...Anthony is a good soldier and  fell on his sword.

Anthony's "not wanting to know the baby's gender " is his line in the sand...it is the only thing he has control over until Sept 1.

Ashley's inability to humor Anthony or even understand why he is holding so tightly on the deadline angers her....

The tease has Angry Ashley  in full sabotage mode...Happy Fricking  Anniversary Anthony!

Pastor Cal is using a dull butter knife to crack open the tightly closed nut that is Bobby... he will hound (see what I did there) Bobby and Danielle until he can get either of them to admit there was an instance of anger between the two....here are a few instances that The Dodds came very close...

Bobby ordered curly fries when Danielle wanted tater totes.

Bobby ate before feeding Mr. Henry and Nellie.

Bobby loaded the dishwasher wrong...the prongs of the forks go downward...

Bobby and Danielle were able to get past his failings and move the marriage forward....

Poor Bobby...sexless marriage during Danielle's barfy period, he made the rookie mistake of showing a preference for the gender of his baby, and the tease has him surprising his parents with a big change...and not in a good way...

Dog report:  Henry steals the spotlight in the Jenga game.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

If the situation were reversed, she would be furious if he knew and she didn't and would no doubt bully him into waiting so they could find out together. She's a selfish, spoiled brat and I've thought so since their first appearance on the show. She always has to have it her way.

• Love 5
(edited)

Danielle gushed (*sarcasm*) she was head over heels in love with Bobby after he proposed and presented her with a nice engagement rock... the audience was held hostage all season for her to throw Bobby a bone(see what I did there)...

Danielle, however, can go on and on about her love for Henry.....

Luckily, for Bobby her proclamation of love was caught on tape and he can run it in a loop on his phone when he is scraping liquid puppy poop up from the carpet at 3am....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 10

Popping babies is literally the worst thing any of these couples can be doing. They have no foundation in their relationships. In an overpopulated with humans world, I absolutely don’t get what’s the rush.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I get what you’re saying but I think it would drive me crazy to know but my spouse doesn’t! I wanted to know as soon as possible with both my kids and the second we knew we started trying to pick names, buy clothes, decorate, etc. It’s kind of half ass to find out like he’s doing it because they are not experiencing it together, nor are they waiting until the baby is born and finding out in that moment. It’s kind of like a slow leak of info which just seems more wah wah (insert sad tuba sound).

i don’t think they really have too many major problems if the thing that’s bugging him is that he just wants a kiss hello and goodbye every day.....

I wish we could have seen their final photos - it looked to me like he picked a better background but she posed themselves better! ?

Shawniece seems so sad. It seems Jephte was not so much trying to “do me” but more trying to “do other women” instead.  They had already been through so much on their season, plus a baby and then infidelity? Enough already!

I guess.   I didn't know for either of my two kids (different time) and I think if I were doing it today, I still wouldn't want to know. It was like a prize at the end of the labor.  LOL.  We had names picked out for either sex and really when they were born, it didn't matter one whit what we had known previously.  It's the way Ashley goes about belittling his decision that bothers me. Let him have his anticipation. It won't kill her, for cryin' out loud. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

It's the way Ashley goes about belittling his decision that bothers me. Let him have his anticipation. It won't kill her, for cryin' out loud. 

Agreed; no biggie.  They can enjoy prepping together after the big reveal for Anthony.

Geesh Ashley is a tad uptight- & bossy. Hope she curbs that at least a bit during sex, & while Anthony is cooking.

Anthony might be 'sandbagging' because he'll have to deal with her negative reactions, so initially avoids, saving it up until the inevitable meltdown.

So according to Jephte screwing other women while married is okay, as long as the couple is 'separated' - don't waste any time self medicating with various sex partners, Jephte.

He's feeling better now & ready to be a good father (oh, & husband).  Shawniece is biding her time, collecting the MAFSHEA checks for baby then it's over. If so, good move.

Jephte appears to be following a script, badly.

'Dr. Trauma' is "proud" of Jephte!  She's so proud of him being so honest!  Just like she was supportive of Mia & her 'honesty'.  Whoever deals with quack psychs please take the degrees she found in a drawer earned & set them on fire.

And someone please permanently de-mic Cal so we can watch him cry - I can't wait.

• Love 8

I can't imagine anything better for a new marriage (and first baby) than to be on a reality TV show with quack therapists who pretend they care just want to stir up drama for ratings. Really, what could possibly go wrong?  If Jeppers didn't like the social media he saw about himself the first time, I can't imagine what he's going to think this time.

• Love 8

I just couldn't with Pastor Cal and his wanting to see Danielle cry.  Why?  Would that be a "victory" for him?  Is he that desperate to inflict pain and doubt into a marriage.  What a cold, cold statement to make to Danielle and Bobby.

• Love 8

I'm not sure how they can get a full series out of this.  I can see the initial update and get-together, but then it should fast forward to after the baby is born for another update. It sure does seem like the "experts" are going out of their way to create drama for the show.  Stop with the ratings.  Normal couples don't do that.  There can never be a good outcome.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I don't want to watch the experts poking Bobby and Danielle

I think they are poking everybody for drama except S & J because they are too broken already. They are also inexplicably praising Jephte for his growth even though it's obvious that these two would be (and probably should be) kaput without the surprise pregnancy. I wish instead of forcing them together the "experts" were helping them navigate co-parenting their new baby while moving on with their lives separately.....

• Love 7

I am starting to despise Danielle. She's just so off. What normal human being  can't even offer a few words of reassurance to poor Bobby. She just stares blankly or changes the subject. Thst marriage is so unbalanced. Danielle without a doubt knows Bobby worships the ground she walks on but Bobby isn't even sure if Danielle likes him. The only thing she seems to care about is what he can do for HER. Bobby is going to get burnt out. They are still in the honeymoon period (I think it said married five months and she's three months  pregnant. A baby is really going to shake them up. 

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, kira28 said:

I am starting to despise Danielle. She's just so off. What normal human being  can't even offer a few words of reassurance to poor Bobby. She just stares blankly or changes the subject. Thst marriage is so unbalanced. Danielle without a doubt knows Bobby worships the ground she walks on but Bobby isn't even sure if Danielle likes him. The only thing she seems to care about is what he can do for HER. Bobby is going to get burnt out. They are still in the honeymoon period (I think it said married five months and she's three months  pregnant. A baby is really going to shake them up. 

I'm hanging onto it being the editing making her look worse than she is, & that even if not overly expressive she's actually speaking some words of affirmation to keep Bobby going. If not, then she has issues & Bobby will be miserable in the long run.

• Love 6
On 11/7/2018 at 12:11 AM, endure said:

Bobby probably forgot to bring Danielle her birth control pills and glass of water!  Blame bobby.  Anybody happen to notice bobbys getting better looking?  Maybe he likes this role of doing everything!

• Love 4

I thought it was interesting that Danielle herself said, in the final sitdown at the end of the episode with all the couples and the "experts," that she doesn't have a problem expressing negative emotions toward Bobby, but its hard for her to show the positive ones.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I thought it was interesting that Danielle herself said, in the final sitdown at the end of the episode with all the couples and the "experts," that she doesn't have a problem expressing negative emotions toward Bobby, but its hard for her to show the positive ones.

Of course not. It’s easier to express negative emotions than ones that would make you vulnerable. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I realize everyone has faults but honestly what negative emotions could she possibly have to express to Bobby? That he doesnt do enough for her? That he lives too far from her job? That he expectes her to get up one night to take care of HER foster dogs? Lol 

• Love 7
On 11/7/2018 at 9:00 AM, qtpye said:

I would totally hang out with Shawniece. I feel like the women in her season were cool to hang out with - especially Shawniece and Jaclyn.

Ashley seems like she's too much work and Danielle is just OK. It's funny because I thought Shawniece was a bit much at first. But it seems like a she's got a kind heart and that outshines everything else. Plus, she's hardworking, fiscally responsible, and down to earth. And I thought Ashley was great in the beginning. But now she exhausts me with her back and forth analysis. Danielle is boring to me and I can't figure her out. I can see Bobby is absolutely enamored and I'm pretty sure she likes and cares for him. But I wonder if she's overwhelmed by Bobby's displays of emotions and affection. 

This show is a snooze fest. Its neither sweet romance nor trashy drama. And I'm always hesitant to firm an opinion because the editing is so obvious. I can't trust that what we're seeing is what really happened. 

• Love 6
On 11/8/2018 at 10:01 PM, gonecrackers said:

I'm hanging onto it being the editing making her look worse than she is, & that even if not overly expressive she's actually speaking some words of affirmation to keep Bobby going. If not, then she has issues & Bobby will be miserable in the long run.

I really like Bobby. Before Danielle got pregnant, I had in mind for one of my daughters. Or little cousin. Or any other young lady I know and care about who would be overjoyed by the things Danielle doesn't respond to. I'm not knocking her but I think Bobby might be overwhelming her. I keep going back to Bobby's sister saying he tends to do too much in relationships. Is it some kind of insecurity? And then on top of that, this show likes to exaggerate the couples' issues through editing. 

• Love 3
On 11/7/2018 at 5:49 AM, JAndy said:

Bobby made it seem like it was planned - which is even crazier to me. Maybe they are just playing it off that way. If it was planned, I find it strange that Danielle planned a baby with a guy she can’t even express her feelings to. She’s 30, he’s like 27, it wasn’t like the clocking was ticking and they needed to get pregnant ASAP 

I didn't think it was planned. But then again, I'm always om my laptop or doing laundry when I watch this show, so I miss a few tidbits. I do know that even with birth control, couples get tripped up when they are in a new kind of relationship. The birth control they used when they were casually dating wouldn't be as effective as when living with someone.

I don't think Danielle planned getting pregnant, and I remember Bobby saying he wanted to marry someone younger so he could have some time as a couple before worrying about getting pregnant.

On 11/6/2018 at 7:54 PM, humbleopinion said:

"The experts"  task the couples with a relationship building exercises at their seaside resort.

Highlighted are poor communication skills that plague the couples...

The couples continue to get acquainted with each other...

?

On 11/6/2018 at 11:10 PM, endure said:

Bobby has trained her to expect a lot now but I sensed some cracks are showing with Bobby maybe.....like when they were playing that word game?

Also during their conversation with Dr Pepper when he referred to taking care of the dogs as a beat down. I know there was editing going on but he seemed to be acknowledging that this was a hardship. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, answerphone said:

I never noticed until last night how assertive and bossy Ashley is. 

Maybe she's gotten away with it because she's pretty?

I suspect she's gotten worse since she's been pregnant.  Hormones, perhaps?

• Love 2

Danielle and Bobby always seem so surprised when their relationship is ever questioned!  Those two are as happy as two pigs in slop!  He lives to serve and she lives to be served!  A match made in heaven!

Poor Anthony.  He got no prize in Ashley.  I was heartbroken when she gave him the gift reveal!  How dare she?  He being the gentleman suffered in silence.  I almost big my tongue in half.

Shawnee is lovely but she got boob of the month in Jephre.  He's reading his lines.  He cares not about her.  He's there for the money and she knows when the camera stops rolling he's gone!  That's why no wedding rings.  I love watching that snake wiggle.

• Love 4