Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Get Better or Go Home

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

hat season was full of terrible personalities- Adrienne, Sam, Aleks (that fucking spelling!), fucking CJ (ugggghhh). It would’ve been interesting to see Kate deal with all that

I'd love a below deck allstars edition with some of them plus Kate. Unpopular opinion, I liked CJ & Aleks. Can't even hate on Sam b/c she had Adrienne to deal with. Best LoL for me when CJ said something like "Alex with his authoritative looks...the haircut, the bone structure." Haha I died. I wish them back.

Anyone else feel bad for Rhylee? I feel like she knows what she’s doing, she just doesn’t like being talked down to or bullied. 

On 11/8/2018 at 2:03 AM, scrb said:

It doesn't have to be either or with Chadler and Rhylee.

Chandler was awful this episode but do we forget that Rhylee has had friction with several other cast members this season?

She simply doesn't accept that she's at the bottom of the pecking order and she'd likely be behaving the same way if Ross was the bosun.

Seemed like he reached down and groped or tried to.

The CC said she moaned and then Rhylee said I can't keep quiet so Ashton left.

I disagree, I think Chandler is a prick who has an overly authoritarian approach. He doesn’t listen, even when she’s right, I think that drives her nuts. Would drive me nuts. 

He blames her for everything, including things that aren’t her fault. It’d be one thing if she was incompetent, but she’s not, she’s good at what she does. His complaints are never about the work she does, it’s about the fact that she doesn’t respect him enough to kiss his ass. 

Respect is earned, it’s not something you can force with your title. 

• Love 13

So the gross asshole charter guest, Charles Michael Yim, blocked me on Instagram for merely pointing out the fact that they only pay $5k/person for the charter on this show when someone asked what he paid and he refused to answer. His “big point” in defense of his actions on the show seems to be that he could’ve been more demanding and a bigger asshole. He blocked me within 2 minutes so in contrast to what he claims (he says they’re not obsessed with their phones, it was just edited that way but he blames everything on editing and says they were perfect guests ?), he surely is that obsessed with his social media. He must want to appear richer...why else would he care if people know they only paid $5k per person? Even if the condom thing was staged they probably picked him to do that to because he’s a giant douche. I can’t imagine how many comments he’s deleting and how many people he’s blocking if he’s that sensitive. Chef Adrian also commented in his own defense because Chuck here basically insulted his cooking by calling it simple. Adrian pointed out they requested simple foods, like those enjoyed by 5 year olds. ? 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 7

Caroline kind of seems to be losing it on her twitter feed. Also she pretty much confirmed she was high while making that video which explains a little. The woman’s march apparently also applies to Caroline’s foot situation?  She’s also showing some serious paranoia about other cast members tweets being about her, claims Capt Lee did “horrific” things to her, here are just 2 of the tweets, there’s a bunchD66BAEBF-946F-44B9-A3BE-31A817E33676.thumb.png.7e78a99d2be56b0a551dd03855b65dbf.png 

49D189ED-1F9F-43DD-B1F2-D81E0B16A41D.jpeg.aa5237b4f7b5d6649ae5205891dd7e0c.jpegAnd yes the primary isn’t coming off great on instagram, and he must have deleted that 5k post fast since I saw it within the last 30 min. If he didn’t care so much about social media, he wouldn’t have replied so many times, or put up so many pictures with him and diff crew etc. 

Oh and Caroline has apparently worked for Adrienne and thinks she’s great to work for. Adrienne also considers Chandler “family”, and went after Capt Lee about his treatment. So I guess that’s not too shocking. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Rebecca said:

So the gross asshole charter guest, Charles Michael Yim, blocked me on Instagram for merely pointing out the fact that they only pay $5k/person for the charter on this show when someone asked what he paid and he refused to answer. His “big point” in defense of his actions on the show seems to be that he could’ve been more demanding and a bigger asshole. He blocked me within 2 minutes so in contrast to what he claims (he says they’re not obsessed with their phones, it was just edited that way but he blames everything on editing and says they were perfect guests ?), he surely is that obsessed with his social media. He must want to appear richer...why else would he care if people know they only paid $5k per person? Even if the condom thing was staged they probably picked him to do that to because he’s a giant douche. I can’t imagine how many comments he’s deleting and how many people he’s blocking if he’s that sensitive. Chef Adrian also commented in his own defense because Chuck here basically insulted his cooking by calling it simple. Adrian pointed out they requested simple foods, like those enjoyed by 5 year olds. ? 

Yea, I saw on SM that Yim is claiming Caroline put the condom there to mess with Ashton, and it was simply water that was all over it. He also said he and his fiance were merely snuggling on the crows nest. He explained that the reason they all appeared to be on their phones constantly was because they're all entrepreneurs and have to work, even on vacation. He basically DRAGGED Kate; called her cranky and depressed and possibly bi-polar. He said everyone, with the exception of her and Josiah, was great. But that the "editing" intentionally portrayed him as prick. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

He explained that the reason they all appeared to be on their phones constantly was because they're all entrepreneurs and have to work, even on vacation.

That "working" looked an awful lot like selfies and posing. And clearly the posing is well-practiced as they seem to have the angles and facial expressions down.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, dleighg said:

That "working" looked an awful lot like selfies and posing. And clearly the posing is well-practiced as they seem to have the angles and facial expressions down.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not sure what job requires you to look at a camera with 50 different fish faces, while saying, "Oooh", "Oh", "Oooh" - or whatever-the-fuck he was doing. 

That entire groups seemed all about getting the "perfect" IG shot, not actually enjoying the beauty around them. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Who are you speaking of? Oh, I know! Is it CHARLES MICHAEL YIM who leaves his USED CONDOMS for OTHER PEOPLE TO DISPOSE of?  That CHARLES MICHAEL YIM? Yeah, the editing 'made' him look like an asshole. Sorry CHARLES MICHAEL YIM who leaves his USED CONDOMS for OTHER PEOPLE TO DISPOSE of, but even editing geniuses cannot make someone as much of an asshole as you were/are on this charter. And from the little we saw on the show you weren't just 'snuggling' in the crow's nest. Nope, not buying it based on how YOU showed yourself to be. You wanted to be able to have a yacht "mile high club" moment to brag to your useless sack of shit social media whore friends about, "Hey guys! I did fucky fucky in the crow's nest of that yacht!" You KNOW you wanted to brag about it, that's why you did it. We've been to this BD rodeo a few times douchebro, we see you!

BTW, if this numnuts is all over SM, why hasn't he found this thread? ?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

Who are you speaking of? Oh, I know! Is it CHARLES MICHAEL YIM who leaves his USED CONDOMS for OTHER PEOPLE TO DISPOSE of?  That CHARLES MICHAEL YIM? Yeah, the editing 'made' him look like an asshole. Sorry CHARLES MICHAEL YIM who leaves his USED CONDOMS for OTHER PEOPLE TO DISPOSE OF

Caroline set up the condom scene to prank Aston.

I thought he was a douchebag too but he didn't leave the condom on the nightstand.    

ETA:   Caroline has a weird sense of humor.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

That isn’t what Caroline said.

Exactly. Caroline only said that she pranked him by suggesting he pick up 'that thing' on the night stand, but she didn't say it was placed there by her. And if it was a prank, she wouldn't have used rubber gloves to remove it.

• Love 7
On 11/8/2018 at 8:16 PM, AnnA said:

So far this season I've been reading the comments without making many of my own because I agree with most of what has been said.    However, I'd love to see more opinions about Kate.   Does everyone like her?   Is that why there aren't many posts about her?  I'm not a Kate fan - never have been and never will be.   I think she works hard but she doesn't handle her staff well and her interaction with the rest of the crew isn't great either.

I've watched every season, and my feelings about Kate have gone up and down (usually down).  But this time I'm really liking her.  She still has the gift of snark, but seems much more kind and patient than she has in the past - with Caroline in particular.   She takes her job seriously, as she should, but has a sense of fun and knows how to keep things light while still getting things done.  She doesn't avoid work, and is clearly respected by Captain Lee.  I think that speaks volumes.

Of course we've just come from that trainwreck Hannah, which probably helps make Kate look good.   Hannah is an immature mess who unravels at the slightest provocation (and sometimes no provocation at all).  She's also a terrible manager.  Constantly screaming in people's faces that she's THE CHIEF STEW always made her look like a lunatic.   She has a mean streak a mile wide, and prides herself on showing it.  So I think pretty much anyone would look good in comparison.  But even disregarding that, I do feel as though Kate has changed, and we're seeing a better Kate than we've seen in the past.  I'm surprised at how much I'm really enjoying her this time around.

Edited by DebbieM4
deleted random extra word, etc.
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, DebbieM4 said:

THE CHIEF STEW always made her look like a lunatic.   She has a mean streak a mile wide, and prides herself on showing it.  So I think pretty much anyone would look good in comparison.  But even disregarding that, I do feel as though she's changed, and we're seeing a better Kate than we've seen in the past.  I'm surprised at how much I'm really enjoying her this time around.

Yes I agree with all of this.  Kate has truly improved and is definitely more self aware. She has no problem with doing dishes, folding towels, making beds. She's humble in that she does what it takes to get the job done with hardly a reminder of how many stripes are on her epaulettes or how many years she's been at the job so x,y, or z is beneath her.  Hannah quickly reminds her "subordinates" how she's paid her dues to the position and her rank has earned her the right to never scrub another toilet as long as she shall live.  

One correction: Hannah reminds everyone she is the "chief ssss-chyeww."

• Love 13
10 hours ago, gingerella said:

Who are you speaking of? Oh, I know! Is it CHARLES MICHAEL YIM who leaves his USED CONDOMS for OTHER PEOPLE TO DISPOSE of?  That CHARLES MICHAEL YIM? Yeah, the editing 'made' him look like an asshole. Sorry CHARLES MICHAEL YIM who leaves his USED CONDOMS for OTHER PEOPLE TO DISPOSE of, but even editing geniuses cannot make someone as much of an asshole as you were/are on this charter. And from the little we saw on the show you weren't just 'snuggling' in the crow's nest. Nope, not buying it based on how YOU showed yourself to be. You wanted to be able to have a yacht "mile high club" moment to brag to your useless sack of shit social media whore friends about, "Hey guys! I did fucky fucky in the crow's nest of that yacht!" You KNOW you wanted to brag about it, that's why you did it. We've been to this BD rodeo a few times douchebro, we see you!

BTW, if this numnuts is all over SM, why hasn't he found this thread? ?

Yep, it was that same CHARLES MICHAEL YIM, who defends his bad behavior by saying he could’ve been worse. What a guy. 

Perhaps Charles Yim did find this thread but he doesn’t have the power to delete what he doesn’t like here and he probably knows enough not to enter the metaphorical gun fight here armed with a only knife... I hope Charles Yim does read it so he knows exactly what we think.

• Love 4

Is this a common thing on BD and BDM, the cast and guests sniping at each other on SM as the episodes air?

Wonder if Bravo is encouraging them, because any attention helps the shows?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, scrb said:

Is this a common thing on BD and BDM, the cast and guests sniping at each other on SM as the episodes air?

Wonder if Bravo is encouraging them, because any attention helps the shows?

I think it is not the norm, it happens on occasion though.

• Love 1

Interestingly, this is what is happening over in 90 Day Fiance, too. I'm new to that show, but people on the threads here are saying that there used to be a SM blackout during filming. Well, not now. I'm wondering if Bravo is also encouraging this here? While it's kind of interesting getting Caroline's perspective here and people are getting arrested over in 90DF world, it will so easily spiral way out of control and become tedious if the casts are permitted to post whatever they want on SM before we see the seasons. Hopefully, production on reality shows will continue to protect the 4th wall at least during filming and the show runs.

On 11/8/2018 at 11:45 AM, Rebecca said:

She’s unhinged. I don’t think she was weird on the boat because of painkillers, I think she’s just a little wacky. I’ve been on them for weeks and never acted like her. Plus, this video kinda proves she’s just nutty, unless she’s drugged here.

Thanks! I watched the episode on painkillers bc I had to have surgery for my own infection (wayyyy worse than Caroline’s...just sayin’) so I missed that somehow ??‍♀️. The whole categorization of the cast sounded very Kate-esque so I should’ve realized. (If anyone listens to Watch What Crappens the hosts have had this whole bit about everyone ignoring Caroline all season so I was going off that idea too.) 

I half wonder if she took the painkillers with some Xanax or some other benzo that she uses for anxiety.

On 11/9/2018 at 8:12 PM, Rebecca said:

That season was full of terrible personalities- Adrienne, Sam, Aleks (that fucking spelling!), fucking CJ (ugggghhh). It would’ve been interesting to see Kate deal with all that.

Of anything, I don't fault the name Aleks.  He has a Russian last name  (Taldykin) and Aleks is the short form of Aleksandr or Aleksey.  It's also the short form for Alexander in a whole bunch of Slavic languages.

• Love 5
On 11/8/2018 at 8:16 PM, AnnA said:

So far this season I've been reading the comments without making many of my own because I agree with most of what has been said.    However, I'd love to see more opinions about Kate.   Does everyone like her?   Is that why there aren't many posts about her?  I'm not a Kate fan - never have been and never will be.   I think she works hard but she doesn't handle her staff well and her interaction with the rest of the crew isn't great either.

I respect Kate. A lot of girls like to talk about being a boss bitch, but Kate actually is one. She doesn’t talk it, she just IS it. She’s calm, efficient and stays cool under pressure. She’s all-business and sassy. And I really don’t think she’s a bully, because outside of work, she couldn’t care less what you do. Kate is about the tip. She doesn’t go out of her way to hurt peoples feelings, tho I think she sometimes does unintentionally, because she’s so all-business when in the job. She may not be the best person to talk to if you’re having a bad day, but she works hard and plays hard, all while remaining calm, cool and collected, I respect that. 

• Love 8
On 11/7/2018 at 8:28 PM, HunterHunted said:

Bryan was also obnoxious to Jen and every female member of the crew. They had that talk with him about how he treated women. His response was basically "ugh, these dumb bitches" and then he stomped away. Except for his appalling managerial and interpersonal interactions, I never got the sense that Bryan didn't really know or understand the technical or logistical aspects of the job. I don't think he would ever made any of the mistakes that Chandler has made like not having a decent duty schedule for the deck crew, not sending Rhylee out on the fishing trip, not leaving a single deck hand on the ship, changing radio channels without informing the captain, or leaving the ship without informing the captain. Bryan is a jerk and a misogynist, but he's not unknowledgeable. Chandler is all of those things, incompetent, and unknowledgeable.

Is Chandler really a misogynist though?  Have we seen him have trouble with Kate or Caroline?  He didn't take the trash out for Caroline, but I think that's just more him not being good at his job.  Can't he just not like Rhylee because she's a pill that talks back and has an attitude and doesn't seem to listen?  She seems like a pain in the ass to manage even if Chandler wasn't a shitty manager.  Why does him not liking her have to be because she is a woman?  She's also had problems with other crew members.

On 11/7/2018 at 6:40 PM, njbchlover said:

Yup....I said it before - I get such a creepy vibe from him - there's something not quite right there.  

Yeah, I said the same thing on episode 1.  He seems great aside from being a creeper.

On 11/7/2018 at 7:29 PM, biakbiak said:

I wonder when he lost the weight. He reminds me of someone I know who spent most of his life fat and then got skinny and was always super creepy around women because he didn’t know how to act.

You might have nailed it.  One of my old bosses lost weight later in life and then was creepy enough that we had to have an office sexual harassment training session because of him.  It really pissed me off though when I complained and was told I just needed to understand it was because of the weight loss.  Also, to lose the weight he went on a protein shake diet that gave him the shits and he always shit all over the ladies room because it was closer to his office by like 20 feet than the mens room.  He was the absolute fucking worst.  We had women quit because of him.  Now he gives talks on equality in the work place *smdh*.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Is Chandler really a misogynist though?  Have we seen him have trouble with Kate or Caroline?  He didn't take the trash out for Caroline, but I think that's just more him not being good at his job.  Can't he just not like Rhylee because she's a pill that talks back and has an attitude and doesn't seem to listen?  She seems like a pain in the ass to manage even if Chandler wasn't a shitty manager.  Why does him not liking her have to be because she is a woman?  She's also had problems with other crew members.

There is something particularly gendered in Chandler's reactions to Rhylee. It's not as obvious as Joao's obvious misogyny, but it's there. His responses when both Ross and Rhylee brought up how penalizing the entire deck crew because of Ashton shouldn't have been as wildly different as they were. Furthermore, Rhylee's tone didn't turn irritated until after Chandler started berating her. Chandler has claimed that he has an issue with Rhylee talking back and he's indoctrinated the rest of the deck crew to that perspective. To be fair, she does have an issue with talking back. However, when we see Chandler and the deck crew flipping out about Rhylee "talking back" she's actually not doing that. She's usually asking questions about how to do the job correctly. There is research about how women are often called mouthy, aggressive, and insubordinate, which she has been, for simply asking questions or voicing concerns. The thing is that we've seen Rhylee be insubordinate; it's very different from her asking questions. Her snotty responses to Kate about cleaning the galley are an example. Heck, her response when the deck crew refused to answer the radio during their meeting is another example.

• Love 4