Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

On 9/11/2017 at 2:01 AM, catrox14 said:

Is Michonne still on the show? I mean how do they have an entire preview and clip and nothing about Michonne? I don't get it.

She's in lurve with Ricky, she doesn't count as her own person anymore.

On 9/8/2017 at 3:27 PM, Ohwell said:

Of course.  Pump up Carol The Warrior Woman, make Ezekiel seem like a pussy.  Same thing they did to Morgan.

I predict "Carol the Warrior Woman" (LOL) being pumped up will culminate in her death.

On 9/18/2017 at 8:26 AM, tv echo said:

It appears Daryl has still not forgiven nor forgotten what happened to him when he was forced to sit naked in a cell eating dog food and listening to the infuriatingly peppy “Easy Street.” “It’s very much unfinished business,” says Reedus. “And when certain people are trying to plot the overall takeover or the overall battle, he’s on one direct mission. I mean, he was tortured last year. He wants his s— back, and he wants to have revenge, and he’s really not listening.”

Maybe Daryl can tie Negan up in a chair in a room with a walker (like The Gov did to Andrea) with an endless loop of Easy Street and Who's the Boss playing in the background.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

e's in lurve with Ricky, she doesn't count as her own person anymore.

I don't think that is true LOL. I wonder if she wasn't mentioned because there is a big plot point for her they don't want to reveal yet.

On 9/11/2017 at 2:01 AM, catrox14 said:

Is Michonne still on the show? I mean how do they have an entire preview and clip and nothing about Michonne? I don't get it.

Danai was cast in Avengers: Infinity War. They filmed over the summer so she probably won't be in one or two early episodes and likely has limited scenes in the first half of the season which is probably why she isn't in the preview. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Danai was cast in Avengers: Infinity War. They filmed over the summer so she is probably won't be in one or two early episodes and likely has limited scenes in the first half of the season which is probably why she isn't in the preview. 

Oh I didn't realize that! Thank you!

• Love 2
On 9/22/2017 at 9:02 PM, SimoneS said:

Danai was cast in Avengers: Infinity War. They filmed over the summer so she probably won't be in one or two early episodes and likely has limited scenes in the first half of the season which is probably why she isn't in the preview. 

Oh I didn't know she was in Infinity War, I knew about Black Panther but, didn't realize she would be in Avengers as well, cool.

Okay more spoilery filming updates.

First, it turns out that the tunnel shots I mentioned above were filmed during the same time (either that day or the previous) as the ammunition shop scenes (Sept. 15), so it likely wasn't a big scene, but...

Okay, the bigger news... Late last week (Sept 29 for sure, but maybe also the 28th) at least, the show was filming in downtown Griffin in the back alleys between buildings. The area is a rather long alley area broken up by streets (which were blocked off for filming) The alley runs a few blocks... mostly older brick buildings that are rather rundown-ish looking, even though many of the businesses on the front side of those alleys are actively doing business - some quite busy - and the storefront parts are rather well decorated / taken care of. Lots of little independent restaurants, barbershops, a dance studio, theater (plays), antique store, etc... so people coming and going, which also means we get some tidbits about filming.

So apparently from what hubby saw firsthand and accounts from his barber (business right nearby), there was at least one military-looking vehicle involved (hubby saw this himself) and explosions and gunfire all throughout the day while shooting. And our waiter said that he'd come across some of the zombies when stepping out back... and that they were even grosser in person - heh. So apparently zombies are involved also.

When we went out to dinner later Friday evening (close to sundown), the big power cables were still running along the sidewalk outside the restaurant and down the block, so the crew hadn't removed them yet,* and I overheard (while choosing my cake***) what sounded like negotiations for food and requests for take away menus (they were out, because apparently the crew had taken them all that day, but the manager promised them for the next morning), so I am guessing that filming might not have been done yet on that Friday, so maybe another day of filming in that alley area may take place.

So I'm guessing this might be a rather important and/or large scene? Which apparently involves gunfire, explosions, and zombies.

*Heh people are so used to the cables they just step over them like "ehn, must be filming again."

*** This restaurant stocks awesome cake - especially the cake "hybrids" (cheesecake of various kinds or my favorite: flan) - that take me four nights to eat. I get a piece at least twice a month and the manager knows me and sometimes gets my cake personally and sometimes slips me an extra (i.e. - free!) slice. They think it's cute that I bring my own container to put the cake into - no Styrofoam that way. I bring leftover containers, too.

• Love 3

‘The Walking Dead’ Plans Crossover With ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ – NY Comic-Con
by Dominic Patten  October 7, 2017 
http://deadline.com/2017/10/the-walking-dead-crossover-fear-the-walking-dead-new-yorj-comic-con-amc-1202183976/

The worlds of The Walking Dead and spinoff Fear The Walking Dead are finally going to cross paths. Right at the beginning of today’s New York Comic-Con TWD panel it was revealed that there is going to be a crossover between the two AMC shows based on the comics created by Robert Kirkman.

“There is one character that is going to go from one show, that I will not name, to another show, that I will not name,” Kirkman told the crowd of what has been a question fans have asked since prequel of sorts FearTWD debuted in the summer of 2015. “This is a huge event in the world of The Walking Dead,” he added of the crossover expected to occur in the next year.
In New York on Saturday, with a short full series retrospective kicking things off, the mood was distinctly forward looking. 

“The first episode has a lot of nods to previous seasons,” EP Nicotero said at a press conference before the panel, teasing a “shot for shot” sequence in homage to a past episode. “We’re setting the stage for our war,” Nicotero, who directed the extended “Mercy” episode added of the relatively contained Season 8 opener. “This is the payoff for last season, for Rick,” Lincoln noted of his Survivors leader and former Sheriff’s character. “I think he is ready for battle.”

Edited by tv echo

I saw this this morning and it left me scratching my head.  Aren't they nearly two years apart in their respective timelines?

You know what?  I don't care.  I won't even make a fuss about it as long as it's one member of our original recipe team wiping out the entire Clark family and saving all of the American Southwest and Northern Mexico from Madison's one expression.  Unfortunately, I already know we won't get that.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I saw this this morning and it left me scratching my head.  Aren't they nearly two years apart in their respective timelines?

You know what?  I don't care.  I won't even make a fuss about it as long as it's one member of our original recipe team wiping out the entire Clark family and saving all of the American Southwest and Northern Mexico from Madison's one expression.  Unfortunately, I already know we won't get that.

LOL! Probably FTWD will be backstory of a TWD character since FTWD's ratings are in a desperate state. I have seen speculation that it might be Eugene or Rosita because both of them along with Abraham came from Houston.

Edited by SimoneS

I think it will definitely be someone from TWD crossing over to FTWD, as the original doesn't need ratings help, and a crossover the other way wouldn't give a ratings boost anyway.

I also read an article with the actress who plays Jadis (I don't care enough look for and post the link and don't think anyone else cares much either). She came up with this BS explanation for why only two years after the Zombie Apocalypse, Jadis and the garbage cannot speak proper English. Just ridiculous.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I think it will definitely be someone from TWD crossing over to FTWD, as the original doesn't need ratings help, and a crossover the other way wouldn't give a ratings boost anyway.

Oh, I have no doubt you're probably right.  A girl can dream though ...

• Love 1

The Spoiling Dead Fans Army facebook page is back in business.  Here are the detailed spoilers for Episode 8.1 - "Mercy"

Annddddd....we're back! The first of many, many THANK YOU's goes to our sources. Let's get this party going, buttercups!

Q&A Episode 8.1 - "Mercy"

What is Carl doing at the gas station? Who does he meet and what happens?

They are planning the attack on the Saviors and the gas station is the rendezvous point for Carl and Rick meeting back up. There is a Muslim man (Siddiq?) lurking in the shadows and when he sees Carl he starts talking and basically begs Carl for help. But Rick shows up and fires off some shots to run him off. Carl is upset by this. (Carl later returns and brings him some food).

What's going on at Alexandria?

Very few shots at Alexandria. They are leaving for the big attack on the Sanctuary, and Michonne and Carl are among those who are to stay behind to defend the community just in case. Rosita also stays behind and is not happy about it.

What's up with all the explosions? What's their purpose?

There is a gigantic herd that is making its way along the highway (could possibly be the same one from last season), and the explosions are used to cause the herd to change direction and start going towards the Sanctuary. This is all part of a very elaborate plan of attack on the Sanctuary.

Who all takes part in the Sanctuary attack and what happens?

It's a very well-orchestrated attack. First, all of the Saviors at each of the lookouts are taken out. Then a motorcade of cars, each equipped with sheets of metal on the sides to act as shields, make their way to the Sanctuary. They take out the guards in the courtyard, break through the fence, and the fight is on. The RV is also rigged with explosives and when they go off that serves as the final explosion to lead the horde to the Sanctuary.

What are Daryl, Carol, Tara, and Morgan doing together?

Daryl, Carol, Tara, and Morgan are kind of the "horde team". They spend a great deal of time timing the horde and predicting where it will be at the time of the attack. That way, they can figure out exactly where to put the explosives. Daryl takes out most of the Saviors at the lookout posts. Although Rick does take 1 out and allows him to be eaten after the Savior taunts Rick and says that Negan is going to kill Carl for this. Most of the others are part of the caravan that goes directly to the Sanctuary.

What is Rick's demeanor like in this episode?

He's extremely confident at least in front of everybody especially Negan. But behind the scenes and before the attack, the fear is still definitely there and we can see it in his eyes.

What is Gregory doing at the Sanctuary?

Gregory is there and we assume has been there since he left the Hilltop last season. He makes a speech and says the Hilltop is loyal to Negan. And if anyone from the Hilltop continues to fight the Saviors, their families will be kicked out. When no one responds and they stay by Maggie's side, Simon gets pissed and pushes him down the stairs.

Do Negan and Father Gabriel get trapped together? How does that scene go down?

Yep. After Father G is ditched by Gregory (who took his car while Father G was saving his ass) the Sanctuary is overrun with walkers. So Gabriel goes into the only room he can find unlocked. Unfortunately, Negan found the same room and we get the shitting pants scene from the Comic-Con trailer.

Does anyone die?

Except for several Saviors at the lookout posts, no.

Does Rick take a picture of the Sanctuary?
When does this happen and how does that scene play out?

Yes, he takes a Polaroid picture of Negan hunkering down and hiding during the attack and before he has to leave because the herd is coming.

*BONUS*

- "Old man Rick" visions run in spurts throughout the episode. The final one towards the end of the episode features Judith around 10 years old talking about an upcoming festival.

- Daryl and Dwight coordinate the attack through secret messages sent inside arrows.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Oh god.  We're going to find out the Clark family was somehow responsible for the deaths of all of Abraham and Eugene's original group, aren't we? 

Only if they lived someplace nice.

• Love 1

As if TWD doesn't have enough of it's problems.

They're going to do a crossover gimmick to prop up FTWD?

Best thing that could happen to TWD is for FTWD to flame out, teach a little humility to Kirkman and the other producers, about trying to pad out and milk TWD to death, resulting in the current monotonous plot trajectory.

Once they defeat Negan and all the other Saviors, it's going to be another existential battle against another group, headed by another vicious guy.

Rinse and repeat.

Unless they do the honorable thing and try to bring the series to a close, but that would mean giving up a lot of money for future seasons, which they could keep going indefinitely.

• Love 4

The first episode looks good. I haven't read the comics, I admit it, so are people mostly unhappy that the show is following the comics, or not veering away from them enough? I still love the show, mainly due to the cast, though my main complaint is losing focus on the main characters. And Jadis. I can't stand her or that whole group. But I still find the show compelling, and I'm ready for Negan to suffer some setbacks for a change. 

• Love 5

Instead of a direct crossover they need to have Daniel and Strand hop into that Jag and head east to Alexandria, as far away from the Clarks as they can get. It might take them a couple years on the road, avoiding bad guys and finding food and gas. They can film that and call it "Escape the Fear of The Walking Dead." Or something.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Glaze Crazy said:

Instead of a direct crossover they need to have Daniel and Strand hop into that Jag and head east to Alexandria, as far away from the Clarks as they can get. It might take them a couple years on the road, avoiding bad guys and finding food and gas. They can film that and call it "Escape the Fear of The Walking Dead." Or something.

Route 666.

• Love 4

The spoilers for episode 1 sound okay although conveniently it doesn't seem like the plan results in any major losses for the Saviours. At least, there is a minimum Negan. I might watch live, but I am switching the channel if he monologues. I just cannot take it. He is the reason I tuned out last season. Gimple claimed that this war with Negan will be over at the end of the season which is a positive development, but If Negan sticks around after, I am out.

Regarding FTWD, I have always thought that Strand should come over to TWD and hook up with Jesus. I could see that happening when AMC finally has to give up on FTWD.

• Love 1

Maybe we'll see Negan and find out that he met up with the Clarks in the Southwest, and they ended up killing his entire family, causing him to turn psychotic.  He then fled east to get away from Madison et al.  His takes out his anger towards Madison by using Lucille, always picturing her face on the victim's head.  LOL

• Love 2
On 10/8/2017 at 11:24 AM, nodorothyparker said:

From your lips to God's ears.  

I keep hearing that FTWD has gotten better, but I can't get past my hatred of her to even think about watching.

• Love 1

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on The X-Files, The Walking Dead, The Flash, Once, Lucifer, New Girl, Big Bang and More
By Michael Ausiello / October 19 2017
http://tvline.com/2017/10/19/the-x-files-william-season-11-spoilers-mulder-scully-son/

Question: Walking Dead scoop, please. —Mark
Ausiello: As the Saviors vs. Everybody Else war gets underway in Sunday’s Season 8 premiere (9/8c, AMC), someone is going to reveal a loathsome streak so wide that, I bet you anything, they’re going to steal from Negan the title of Most Hated Character on the Show. And whether you’re ‘shipping Carol and Daryl or Carol and Ezekiel, “Mercy” gives you “a moment.”

Question: Any chance we’ll get a new Glenn flashback on The Walking Dead this season? Maybe when Maggie has the baby? —Heather
Ausiello: First things first, Heather: Who says Maggie’s going to have the baby during Season 8? As showrunner Scott Gimple recently told me, “In the [comic] books, she didn’t give birth during this storyline.” (Then again, in the comic books, we didn’t meet Glenn and Maggie’s son, named Hershel for her late father, until he was about 2 years old!) However, that doesn’t mean that Steven Yeun won’t pull a Michael Cudlitz and resurrect his ill-fated character for a heretofore-unseen flashback or vision. It doesn’t mean that he will, either, Gimple hastened to add. “I can only say there’s a chance.”

Edited by tv echo
10 hours ago, tv echo said:

Question: Walking Dead scoop, please. —Mark
Ausiello: As the Saviors vs. Everybody Else war gets underway in Sunday’s Season 8 premiere (9/8c, AMC), someone is going to reveal a loathsome streak so wide that, I bet you anything, they’re going to steal from Negan the title of Most Hated Character on the Show. 

As long as the character doesn't subject us to a neverending monologue, it isn't possible that he or she could be more loathsome than Negan.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, SimoneS said:

As long as the character doesn't subject us to a neverending monologue, it isn't possible that he or she could be more loathsome than Negan.

no way anyone can be more annoying than Negan.  And comic book spoiler, he will be around a while.

• Love 2

TSDF just posted a crazy spoiler. Some predicted it but I hope it's not true. Looks like we might be losing Carl at the Mid Season Finale. They have strung a bunch of things together to make the case but it also sounds like there were multiple scenes shot so who knows. Chandler is heading to Auburn for college so maybe...

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, spacefly said:

TSDF just posted a crazy spoiler. Some predicted it but I hope it's not true. Looks like we might be losing Carl at the Mid Season Finale. They have strung a bunch of things together to make the case but it also sounds like there were multiple scenes shot so who knows. Chandler is heading to Auburn for college so maybe...

That raises my hopes that Negan will die, as I understand that his interaction with Carl is a big part of his postwar story in the comics. If he kills Carl (who, by the way, was not in the Rick van Wrinkle scenes), there is no way Rick let's him live. And I can't see any other character being used to kill Carl.

• Love 1

That would be one of the positives, losing Negan as there would be none of that comic relationship. They say Carl is stabbed but no one seems to know by whom but who is in the other grave.? I fear Michonne but I don't think anyone really knows yet.

Edited by spacefly
  • Love 1

If not Negan, I'm thinking maybe the gas station guy from the beginning. I do think one of those graves is Carl's, and the other is one of the second tier characters. The lookout that Rick killed said "Your boy is going to die.". Foreshadowing?

37 minutes ago, Gobi said:

If he kills Carl (who, by the way, was not in the Rick van Wrinkle scenes),

I thought he was briefly but I've deleted the episode.  I thought Carl walked by the table where Michonne is sitting (we see him quickly) and says something about either the song or getting ready for the celebration.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, raven said:

I thought he was briefly but I've deleted the episode.  I thought Carl walked by the table where Michonne is sitting (we see him quickly) and says something about either the song or getting ready for the celebration.

I'm rewatching it now, I'll check.

2 minutes ago, raven said:

Carl walks by with is back to camera and jokes about the Big Al Yankovic tune being played; " Another One Rides the Bus". As far as those graves go, they belong to Glenn and Abraham. We've seen them on multiple occasions with Maggie, Sasha, Rosita, Jesus and Enid.

• Love 1
Just now, AllyS said:

Carl walks by with is back to camera and jokes about the Big Al Yankovic tune being played; " Another One Rides the Bus". As far as those graves go, they belong to Glenn and Abraham. We've seen them on multiple occasions with Maggie, Sasha, Rosita, Jesus and Enid.

Oh, well.

I think Carl is in that scene but not nay older leading to believe he is a figment of Rick's imagination. Siddiq is the Muslim character he is helped by Carl he will later return and let Rick know what Carl did for him (food) and change Rick's grieving process. Judith will take Carl's role in the family since in the comics she is already dead.

The scene where Carl looks under the car is ind of telling. It is almost the same scene Rick was in carrying the gas can in Days Gone by.

Edited by spacefly

Carl's back, or what I assumed was Carl's back, was in the Rick van Winkle scene.  I figured it was because they didn't want to bother trying to credibly age a teenage actor up for a shot only lasting a few seconds.

I'm cynical too but I guess we'll see.  If it's true, it radically changes how most of the comic geeks I know see this whole thing, as ultimately being Carl's story in the end as the first leader of the post ZA world after everything shakes out and what's left permanently rebuilds.

• Love 2

I have been reading the rumor that Carl is going to be killed. It could be what Ausiello was referring to when he said that someone would do something that makes them hated more than Negan. If someone killed Carl, they would be hated more than anyone on the planet. However, this would be good material for Rick and Michonne, providing Gimple doesn't wait half the season to show them breaking down and grieving.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

Carl's back, or what I assumed was Carl's back, was in the Rick van Winkle scene.  I figured it was because they didn't want to bother trying to credibly age a teenage actor up for a shot only lasting a few seconds.

I'm cynical too but I guess we'll see.  If it's true, it radically changes how most of the comic geeks I know see this whole thing, as ultimately being Carl's story in the end as the first leader of the post ZA world after everything shakes out and what's left permanently rebuilds.

That's see how I've seen it as well. I can understand Chandler maybe wanting to move on (if he had a say) but I don't see how Rick comes back from it. This is one spoiler I hope is wrong :( But this episode certainly has some foreshadowing for it. Damn.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyDog said:

I can understand Chandler maybe wanting to move on (if he had a say) but I don't see how Rick comes back from it.

That's what's making me feel I might not be able to handle this.  I haven't quite forgiven the show for the brutality of Glenn's and Abraham's deaths (an episode I deleted without ever watching), nor for giving us a broken Rick for most of season 7.  If this is true, I don't think I can watch what it would do to Rick going forward. 

The Spoiling Dead Fans has never been wrong in their spoilers.  But, as one of the admins pointed out on their page, there's only been one time where they posted a report and labeled it "unconfirmed", and that was the spoiler about Beth's death.  They were right about that, and odds are extremely high they're right about this.  Just damn. 

Edited by SnarkyTart
  • Love 2

Was it Rick who had the Thanksgiving dream with Glenn and everyone else sitting around the table? If it was, then I think that everyone in the Rick Van Winkle sequence is at risk. It could be both Judith (who is already dead In the comics, after all) and Carl. Or even Michonne and Carl, as Danai seems interested in moving on. If the graves shown are new, and not Glenn's and Abraham's, then two of them are dying.

Let's not forget that the Weird Al song playing is a parody of Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust", which is about people being killed. Maybe they went with the parody because the actors are getting on the bus and leaving the show.

Edited by Gobi
38 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Was it Rick who had the Thanksgiving dream with Glenn and everyone else sitting around the table? If it was, then I think that everyone in the Rick Van Winkle sequence is at risk. It could be both Judith (who is already dead In the comics, after all) and Carl. Or even Michonne and Carl, as Danai seems interested in moving on. If the graves shown are new, and not Glenn's and Abraham's, then two of them are dying.

Let's not forget that the Weird Al song playing is a parody of Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust", which is about people being killed. Maybe they went with the parody because the actors are getting on the bus and leaving the show.

If Carl is killed this season, I am pretty sure that everyone else in the main cast is safe. Chandler is a an 18 year old young man who is just figuring what he wants to do with his life. I don't see any evidence that Danai is interested in leaving although people have been saying this since she wrote those plays a couple years ago. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

I have been thinking about the conversation that Carl and Michonne had on the porch that you should be killed by someone who loves you. He said that she would do it for her and she responded, "me too." It will be crushing if she is the one to do the final cut. Rick, I expect will be paralyzed. This could be really good if it does happen.

• Love 2

I think we might very well lose Coral, as Chandler is of college age and probably not wanting to be an actor all his life.  This is the time he needs to be setting himself up for his adult life's work.  He's done this role for 8 years now, and probably has a good bit in the bank to take him through getting started in a new career.  And I, for one, would cheer him on.  I don't think he has the chops to make a career out of acting, though he's not a bad actor.  He can out-act Emily Kenny, for instance.  But that's not hard.  And Chandler has the right to follow his own dreams.  So I'll cheer him on, if this is true.

• Love 1