Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

TSDF spoilers are out for 6x15.

I laughed at this part, though:

Morgan is left to find Carol on his own, which is what he wanted.

(If the writers want me NOT to ship Morgan/Carol, they're doing a terrible job.)

• Love 6

Well, 6x15 seems to be coming together. Confirmation that Rosita is with Daryl and not back at Alexandria. 

Still hoping that we will find out if the finale is the reported "cliff hanger" or not.

AMC forced TSDF to take down their finale spoilers yesterday. TSDF says when AMC has done this in the past, the spoilers have been correct. My understanding from the TSDF post is they are taking this latest removal to mean the finale spoilers TSDF confirmed are accurate. So that doesn't mean StD's victim's-POV/cliffhanger spoilers are correct because TSDF couldn't confirm them. I'm still holding out hope they are foilers.

But we can now put together that Rick returns home without Morgan. When the group is on their way to take an unwell Maggie to Hilltop to see the doctor, they run into saviors and learn Michonne and Glenn have been taken, and Daryl and Rosita are also in danger.

Does anyone from Rick's group die (other than the Lucille death)? I can't remember if the spoilers mentioned that.

If this is true, who wants to bet the first episode of season 7 is a flashback and we won't find out who got Lucilled till halfway through it?

So, we get an unresolved cliff hanger...and then maybe the first three episodes of season 7 are flashbacks of Morgan trying learn how to make cheese?

That really would be an FU to the audience.

• Love 1

So I'm still trying to understand why Rick would abandon the search for Carol if they haven't found her yet.  Is he maybe upset at Morgan for keeping the Wolf and has a fight with him in which he reveals Michonne's theft of the protein bar?  Or does he think that Carol is dead and doesn't want to have to put her walker self down?  Or maybe he just doesn't care about Carol all that much and figure looking for a couple of hours is long enough to waste on her?  So many questions.  And they can put Morgan and Carol together for the next 2 years and I still won't ship it.  They just don't fit together, and it's stupid.  I'm still hoping for Morcille.  And I've got my popcorn and champagne all ready for the scene in which Tobin dies.

If Rosita is with Daryl, why is she not mentioned by any of the spoilers regarding the Lucille line up?  Dead?  Or agreed to be one of Negan's wives?  Or escaped and going to rescue the rest of the group?

• Love 1

If Rosita is with Daryl, why is she not mentioned by any of the spoilers regarding the Lucille line up?  Dead?  Or agreed to be one of Negan's wives?  Or escaped and going to rescue the rest of the group?

I'm wondering if she dies, especially since she has received a bit of character development lately.

• Love 1

Seriously what is the point of Rick telling Morgan about the protein bar, I had to laugh about that.  And this is why I hate spoilers, now we know that everyone is in some way shape and form captured and are going to part of the "Lucille" lineup except for Morgan and Carol.  Who is left minding ASZ, Judith and a few of the older folks.

• Love 1

Seriously what is the point of Rick telling Morgan about the protein bar, I had to laugh about that.  And this is why I hate spoilers, now we know that everyone is in some way shape and form captured and are going to part of the "Lucille" lineup except for Morgan and Carol.  Who is left minding ASZ, Judith and a few of the older folks.

They have the dog circling the perimeter.

(The dog we haven't seen since last season. That's pretty much how TPTB treats all their secondary/tertiary characters. I just hope the dog doesn't get any character development because that'll mean he'll die soon.)

AMC (or whichever entity waves the wand and gets spoilers taken down) seems to be more aggressive this year in making sure the spoilers come down (after thousands of people have already seen them).  Were they this aggressive and proactive about it last year or in any previous season?  It just seems like this year they are really trying to stay on top of it. 

I think that what's happening is that, as more detailed spoilers begin to leak out, some of the folks that read them get very excited or very angry and they can't stop themselves from going straight to Gimple, Kirkman and company and either praising them or bashing them - about details that we're not supposed to know, in episodes that have not even aired yet.  I saw someone on the TSDF Facebook page allude to this same thing.  If people start bashing Gimple and the rest of them for the (frustrating, annoying, maddening) season finale cliffhanger before it has even aired, then it just shines a huge spotlight on the fact that people are getting spoiled somewhere.  It draws attention to TSDF and other spoiler sources and results in the spoilers being taken down, or never leaking out in the first place.

Anyway, I'm convinced that the cliffhanger we read about is coming -- and I am disappointed.  I hope against hope that this is going to be a situation in which a couple of different endings were shot and that we will ultimately get a non-cliffhanger version, but I don't think that's what will happen. 

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1

I wondered the same thing about the protein bar. The conversation between Rick and Morgan has to be significant enough to make Rick leave Morgan to search for Carol alone. I was originally thinking it gets heated because Morgan admits he kept the Wolf alive, and Rick storms off. But the protein bar mention seems like a bit of comedy and makes me wonder if their interaction is more light and Morgan says something zen to get Rick to leave.

Someone at StD posted a link to a Vanity Fair article about the spoiler leak and another poster wondered if AMC wanted the leak to happen to get this type of publicity.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/03/walking-dead-season-6-finale-cliffhanger-who-does-negan-kill

Wow, a cliffhanger is so upsetting. I think what upsets me most about it is the uncertainty - maybe they don't even know who it will be yet. That sucks because no one is safe. And October is a wait.

I'm wondering if she dies, especially since she has received a bit of character development lately.

I'm thinking they're going to make Rosita and Daryl a couple.  They were a team in the last episode, and had multiple "can you believe the noob" bonding moments, and operated like true pros, always in agreement.  Then Denise went off on that rambling monologue about the two of them, which got cut short by the arrow to the head.  It half sounded like she really wanted Big Brother and Lonely Rosita to see what was right in front of them, but THUNK!  Now we will never know.  Now Rosita and Daryl are off together again in the next episode.

OMG, that is exactly what my sister and I said about Daryl and Rosita, but then our other sister was not happy about that prospect but I say why not, of course Rosita will make sure he takes that long awaited shower, which will leave Spencer sort of lonely, JEEZ!!!

• Love 1

Maybe if Rosita is IN the shower, Daryl will finally get in there, too.  In fairness, his hair seemed clean this week.  Still in his face and all, but clean.

Edited by peach
  • Love 2

I'm thinking they're going to make Rosita and Daryl a couple.

They would make a lovely couple but I'm not convinced that it is going to happen.

The comment in the 6.15 episode description about

"blood is splattered on the camera"

has me concerned for poor Rosita. That and the fact that she has received such little focus over the last two (?) years. She seemed to be Abraham's GF and little more.

They would make a lovely couple but I'm not convinced that it is going to happen.

The comment in the 6.15 episode description about

"blood is splattered on the camera"

has me concerned for poor Rosita. That and the fact that she has received such little focus over the last two (?) years. She seemed to be Abraham's GF and little more.

Hmm, well it says

Dwight shoots Daryl, and blood is splattered on the camera.

Hmm, well it says

Dwight shoots Daryl, and blood is splattered on the camera.

I know but...something about this set-up is making me uncomfortable. Whys isn't she mentioned in any of the other spoilers? 

So in season 7, Morgan confronts Michonne and tells her that he now knows she ate his protein bar and Michonne will look sort of confused and Morgan said, well this is what Rick told me. Michonne says, can you wait a minute, RICK!!!

• Love 1

Earlier spoilers I saw (best I can remember) seemed to infer (without specifically saying) that Rosita was shot instead of Daryl. I got the impression that it was Daryl that Dwight was aiming for but something happened -- someone moved maybe -- and Rosita caught the bullet instead. Dead or not, no one knows.

I know but...something about this set-up is making me uncomfortable. Whys isn't she mentioned in any of the other spoilers? 

It all sounds very vague, so I guess we will have to wait and see.  I like Rosita, and Daryl, and even a possible Rosita&Daryl, so I hope they both survive.

• Love 4

Earlier spoilers I saw (best I can remember) seemed to infer (without specifically saying) that Rosita was shot instead of Daryl. I got the impression that it was Daryl that Dwight was aiming for but something happened -- someone moved maybe -- and Rosita caught the bullet instead. Dead or not, no one knows.

Thanks! I thought that I read something like this as well. 

• Love 1

So in season 7, Morgan confronts Michonne and tells her that he now knows she ate his protein bar and Michonne will look sort of confused and Morgan said, well this is what Rick told me. Michonne says, can you wait a minute, RICK!!!

That's why Morgan is building a jail cell, for the one who stole his protein bar :>

• Love 6

This is regarding the spoilers from the Vanity Fair link --

I don't understand...is there supposed to be a big time jump for the finale, because Maggie is nowhere near term, and it talks about her going into labor. She wasn't even showing in the last episode and they talked about her being 2 months -- which I thought she was farther along than that, but... I'm so confused!

Can someone help?

I don't understand...is there supposed to be a big time jump for the finale, because Maggie is nowhere near term, and it talks about her going into labor. She wasn't even showing in the last episode and they talked about her being 2 months -- which I thought she was farther along than that, but... I'm so confused!

Can someone help?

I was wondering about that, too, and tried to figure out if there could be a time jump at play, but I don't see how there could be since Carol just left and previews show people out looking for her after inquiring when she had left...And Carol just told the Savior women that Maggie was only about 2 months along.

Sounds more like suffering a miscarriage than labor but sometimes these writers are exasperating.

On another note, I'm reading every spoiler I can.  I really don't give a fuck whether they kill off Abraham, Eugene, Rosita, Tara, Glenn, Maggie, or any non-original CDB cast members (except for Michonne, who I love almost as much as I love Carol).  For me, Abraham, Rosita, Eugene, and Tara just take away screen time from the original crew, whom I find infinity more interesting, and I pretty much lost interest in Maggie and Glenn when they became attached at the hip.  Separately, I enjoyed them, but together...not so much.  I was even glad to see Denise go.  

If they have to spare some Alexandria folks, I'd vote for Heath and Adam (and whatever his boyfriend's name is...since they never show the dude, I can't ever remember his name).  

Other than that, I hope they do a massive housecleaning on this show.  

Oh yeah, and Jesus Saves, so keep that fine looking piece of eye candy, please.  

I know most are thinking it's going to be Glenn but I'm still leaning towards Rick.

--Rick has escaped death many times

--Rick was at the feeding trough with Glenn

--Rick has happiness with Michonne

--Morgan is back and they seem to be reconciling their differences

--Carl is growing up.

--Rick has a new family which is coming full circle in his life

--I'm starting to wonder if Rick and Judith deaths will replace the deaths of Lori and Judith in the comic. Maybe Judith is kidnapped by one of Negan's people and when Rick tries to rescue her, she is killed and Negan gives Rick the Lucille ending.

--Rick is killed and we find out Michonne is pregnant.

Can someone help?

I think this is more a case of a VF writer who doesn't watch the show, or made a simple mistake because s/he didn't factcheck.

In earlier spoilers, Maggie is just sick, suffering a fever, I think. Does anyone remember? I thought it might have something to do with her stomach being slashed by the savior in "The Same Boat".

SpoilerTV's advance preview is also up. There's a mention of a Morgan speech about life being precious, so maybe this is the speech that prompts Rick to leave Morgan alone to find Carol. 

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/03/the-walking-dead-east-advance-preview.html

I know most are thinking it's going to be Glenn but I'm still leaning towards Rick.

With a cliffhanger in play, I think it can be anyone, since they can film the scene when the cast starts filming again in April/May. But I hope you are wrong about Rick.

Has the cliffy been confirmed?  I know one spoiler site says it's a cliffy but did the other (apparently more reliable site) confirm that cliffy or are we still waiting?  I really, really, really hate the Cliffy thing so I'm hoping it's wrong.

So Dwight tries to shoot Daryl and mistakenly nails Denise, then he tries to shoot Daryl again and mistakenly nails Rosita?  The Saviors better look for an optometrist.

• Love 6

Has the cliffy been confirmed?  I know one spoiler site says it's a cliffy but did the other (apparently more reliable site) confirm that cliffy or are we still waiting?  I really, really, really hate the Cliffy thing so I'm hoping it's wrong.

The cliffhanger was not confirmed by TSDF. They mentioned they were still waiting for confirmation about certain spoilers that came from StD, but AMC made them take it all down before confirmation came. SpoilerTV has also reported they probably will not receive a screener for the finale, so this latest advance preview was most likely the last for season 6. So, I still have hope the cliffhanger stuff is untrue.

(edited)

I've tried to be patient with Daryl's manpain and female characters being killed to fuel it, but if a third woman (I don't count Sophia - I know some fans do, but I don't) is killed for that purpose I'm going to have to pretty much call time on ever caring about his character again. I've struggled to care about him since early season 4, and they just keep testing me. Rosita's a perfectly fine supporting character and she's really been a solid addition to the last few episodes. I know people get development to die, and so on, but the idea of her getting a few scraps after 2 seasons just to be snuffed out near finale time would really make me question why I should give a damn about 80% of the characters on the show. When I do that, I'm likely to just take a powder again, as I nearly did at the end of season 3 when they had the same problem.

And if it has any sad panda faces from Abraham I will throw something at my television.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 4
(edited)

The only characters I care for are Michonne, Carol, Sasha, Tara and to a lesser degree Glenn, Aaron and Maggie, though Glenn and Maggie have mostly been a bore since the prison fell. However, with some characters I'm actually rooting for them to get off the show. Like Aaron should be killed off as quickly as possible, because that actor is so good at impressions and so charming in his talkshow appearances that he pretty much deserves to be on a show that takes more advantage of his comedic skills. On The Walking Dead meanwhile his only skill is " to look concerned". Free Ross Marquand.

I tend to think one of the main reasons it's entertaining with him is because we see the serious side as a contrast. If he was the dad on one of those generic ABC sitcoms with shouty people, I don't know if I'd laugh. I really enjoy him for both drama and comedy.

I do wonder sometimes if they had more plans for Aaron and Eric that were curtailed by backlash, but I guess that's for another thread.

Edited by Pete Martell

The cliffhanger was not confirmed by TSDF. They mentioned they were still waiting for confirmation about certain spoilers that came from StD, but AMC made them take it all down before confirmation came. SpoilerTV has also reported they probably will not receive a screener for the finale, so this latest advance preview was most likely the last for season 6. So, I still have hope the cliffhanger stuff is untrue.

Thanks for the clarification.  I'll keep my fingers crossed

I get that Ross Marquand has comedic gifts which aren't being used in his role as Aaron, but I like Aaron and I hope he sticks around. Also, I don't think the writers will be in any hurry to kill off another LGBT character so soon.

I've really come to appreciate the diversity in TWD, so if Lucille must claim a victim, all other things being equal, I'd rather it be a straight white dude. On the other hand, TWD currently has not one, not two, but three black male characters; given the show's track record when it comes to killing off black guys, I don't know how sustainable that is.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2

I really don't think they will kill off their leading man. This show is Rick's story. He's the only character whose character development is all on screen.

\

It definitely is Rick's story. That has never been in question.  Rick is the only reason I'm still watching the show. I've argued in the past why he couldn't die. He's a hero, the main character and I love him. He's my 2nd favorite character on TV. But just because I love Rick's majorly flawed ass and Andy Lincoln's work, I know he's not beloved by all fans and a lot think he's become an unsympathetic villain( I do not agree with that perspective) I have trouble with my own theorizing because yes, shows and networks don't typically kill off their main character. Yet AMC is also the network that brought us the story of Walter White. 

As to why the show and the network would allow Rick to be killed off:

I would think the network wants to ensure the franchise exists forever. They could move from the main character driven story to a complete ensemble. Killing off the main character would accomplish that.  But there should be a bridge from a dead Main Character to a true ensemble cast and Negan might be that bridge. IMO, Jeffrey Dean Morgan has the charisma and talent to be a temporary new lead even as the villain. ( I'll bet you he gets the 'And" credit).  Rick's death could rally CDB to avenge his murder as as a team.

There is symmetry with the pilot:

Morgan and Glenn, the two people that helped him survive his first days in the ZA and Carl, his son, the ONE person that really motivated him to stay alive are all now reunited and living in the same community and on the same team with varying degrees of commitment i.e. Morgan.

I had forgotten until I rewatched the pilot recently...that Rick killed his first walker with a baseball bat. That would be some fucked up poetic symmetry with Rick being killed by Lucille. 

Further fucked up symmetry with the pilot, non-Rick death:  Case for Glenn because used a baseball bat for protection.

There is a case for Morgan. Maybe Morgan has to save Carl from Negan. 

There is a case for Carl because that would destroy Rick enough for him to just lose all his marbles and really go after Negan. 

Rick wanted to give up in the pilot when he thought his family was lost. But he found them again, briefly. He's escaped death many times. He's been a husband, father, brother, friend, frienemy, hero.  He's been a good leader, a bad leader, a dictator, deposed leader and self-deposed leader too. He's made good decisions and bad decisions. He  lost his sanity for a while and just after finding it again, he meets Michonne who has become becomes his confidante, advisor, friend, partner and now his SO. His story is almost complete or complete enough to kill him now despite comics.  

I'll be gutted if they kill him off. I'll probably stop watching the show, (although the presence of Jeffrey Dean Morgan will keep me for a little while longer.)  I know there is something that happens

with Negan and Carl in the comics

maybe that has to happen before Rick is killed.

All I'm saying that is that I can see a path to Rick's death because his epic journey...is approaching full circle if not already there. 

Edited by catrox14
(edited)

I think he'd be good on something like New Girl.

Don't think there was more stuff planned for Aaron. He's a background character in the comics too, steady and dependable, but hardly interesting. Come to think of it, there are only two Aaron storylines from the comic that I remember: His entrance and Eric's death. (Eric was the same non-character in the comics too, only in the tv show they are not even trying to have him in the background as an extra.)

I'd be surprised if that show is on more than another year or so.

I used to hope actors would leave a show and find something better, and they rarely did, so I gave that up. But I respect your opinion.

Edited by Pete Martell

catrox14 --

I remember saying a while back (in the days of TWoP) that I can definitely picture Rick getting killed before the series ends.  Of course, everyone there disagreed and I had to clarify that I didn't mean that I thought Rick was going to die right then, during that season, or even in the near future.  But I can envision a scenario in which Andrew Lincoln decides that he has done all that he can do with Rick -- maybe he would even have another time-demanding project lined up or just personal reasons -- and then is written out of the show via a death.  Maybe he has already had that conversation with the folks at TWD and all of these things we are seeing are leading up to an eventual Rick demise in the next season or two.  Or maybe he hasn't had that discussion with them yet, and Rick will live on for a while.

Andy is sometimes missing from appearances (interviews) where most of the other main cast members are present -- two examples that I can think of right away are the Conan show from a couple of years ago (he was supposedly sick and in London) and, more recently, Inside the Actors Studio (they didn't say where Andy was and why he wasn't there, but I couldn't believe that Andy was not on ITAS, or that James Lipton went ahead with doing the show without Andy there, because... how can you interview the cast of a megahit show and not have the "lead" guy there?).   So, that tells me that there are reasons why he can't be available for certain show-related things, or why he is just choosing to not appear.  Those reasons might be family-oriented or business-oriented -- or it's just a pain in the ass to travel -- but he can't be as physically present at times when the other cast members are. Those other obligations may eventually take him away from the show.

I asked here a week or two ago if we had any clue as to how many seasons this show might run.  In other words, if there is a master plan in place for a certain number of seasons (Kirkman says he knows how the whole thing will end, but that it wouldn't end for a while.), then they can begin the slow process of leading up to a Rick death.  If there were only going to be one or two seasons left after a Rick death, then it wouldn't make too much difference if they killed off the lead guy.  If they plan on running the show indefinitely, then it's very risky to kill off someone like Rick when you might have 10 more seasons left..

One thing I am pretty certain of is that they will not kill off Daryl and Rick within close proximity to each other.  I think that if Rick were to die anytime in the near future, Daryl would be safe for a long, long time after that, and vice versa.  So, Rick could die at the end of this season, or 5 seasons from now, or whenever -- but my personal belief has always been that he will be dead before the series takes its final bow.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 2

One thing I am pretty certain of is that they will not kill off Daryl and Rick within close proximity to each other.  I think that if Rick were to die anytime in the near future, Daryl would be safe for a long, long time after that, and vice versa.  So, Rick could die at the end of this season, or 5 seasons from now, or whenever -- but my personal belief has always been that he will be dead before the series takes its final bow.

I totally agree. I think maybe I was in agreement with you over on TWoP back in the day...

To me...Rick's death...sad as it will be...is kind of an inevitable end for him. I guess the real question is does he go Full Walker? If Rick dies and Carl has to shoot him in the head or Michonne puts an icepick in his brain stem...I'm fine with that. But if Rick ever became a Walker, I would riot at the Walking Dead studios. That would just be....ugh...the literal worst.

• Love 1

I don't want Rick to die anytime soon or ever. He has just found happiness in this awful world, I know that is a romantic view of the situation, but that's OK. I really don't want anyone to die at the end of Negan's bat but I know someone has to.

If that video clip of the finale is any any indictation the next 2 episodes will non stop action and will end with heartbreak.

Edited by catcory
  • Love 4

I am still leaning towards Abraham being killed in the season finale. I don't believe for a second that Rick is getting killed off in the season finale.

As for the future, it is unpredictable, but if Rick does die it will be close to the series finale than not. The criticism of Rick from a small cliche of vocal fans doesn't change the fact that he carries the show. There will always be some fans are unhappy about something or the other, but showrunners would be fools let them deflect from the show's broader vision and I don't see that happening on TWD.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

Heh..I'm going to kind of go against my own theory.

Maybe the death won't even by Lucille but just being shot, or bitten or some other random death? Maybe we are only introduced to Negan and Lucille at the end of the episode and that's the cliffhanger...and the big deaths happen in 7.1 or 7.2 just to really fuck with us? 

I think that, at this point, this week, I am leaning towards Abraham or Glenn being the most likely recipients of Lucille's impact, but I don't think we will know for sure until October.  And I don't rule out a Morgan death at all, even if it is not Lucille-related.

Edited by Sherry67

I totally agree. I think maybe I was in agreement with you over on TWoP back in the day...

To me...Rick's death...sad as it will be...is kind of an inevitable end for him. I guess the real question is does he go Full Walker? If Rick dies and Carl has to shoot him in the head or Michonne puts an icepick in his brain stem...I'm fine with that. But if Rick ever became a Walker, I would riot at the Walking Dead studios. That would just be....ugh...the literal worst.

I don't ever want to see Rick die. He IS TWD to me and if he died, I would no longer watch the show.

That said, I know that there is a real possibility that he will die at the end of the series or before the end, but I don't think that will be this day i.e. the season finale. I think if Rick's time had come we'd see more than just him being happy we'd see someone else being presented to fill the role of male lead on the show. As great as some of the other men on the show are, none of them have been written IMO in a way that would make me believe they could take the reigns if Rick died. Now they could flip the script and have the lead switch to a female. If they decided to do that I think Michonne is the only female on the show who has been written to lead the group and of course she is arguably the most popular female on the show.

Still I don't think the TPTB will go there just yet. In interviews Andy doesn't seem tired, yet. He is still very passionate and excited about playing Rick Grimes. So I think he will remain on the show for now.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 5

Rick and Co. have managed to devastate entire communities simply by interacting with them. But everytime they move on, they manage to hang onto at least one member from said devastated community, with the possible exception of the original Prison crew, they're all dead.

Maggie is the last survivor from the Farm, Sasha could theoretically be considered  the last Woodbury person since she was a resident there when Rick & Co. had their confrontation with the Gov.  Tara is the last survivor from the Gov's second community.  Although he wasn't part of Terminus, Gabriel is part of that story line so he could arguably be considered the last remnant of that narrative.  There are still a handful of Alexandrians left.  We just lost Denise and the entire Jessie Family, so I figure a few more of them are still safe.  Maybe Aaron will end up being the most visible Alexandria survivor since he's had the most character development of them all.  Arguably the only group that Rick & Co. have encountered that is still intact is Abraham's army.

So in my nonscientific shuffling of the character board, I figure one of them is a goner.  Maybe not Lucilled, but will not survive the finale.  Good money is on either Abraham or Rosita.  I am giving the slight edge to Rosita since it seems counter-intuitive for Denise to have subbed for Abraham's death in the comics only to have him die so soon after anyway.  And I wonder if him losing her necklace is supposed to be more symbolic than of just him choosing Sasha.

But I am still going with Glenn as the big death.  Doing my own math, of all the main characters left he is the one I'd be least angry about dying at this point.