Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

It’s ‘Laugh-a-thon’ Sunday, and judging by the clip it could just be., but will we laughing with it or at it?

When previewing the episode earlier in October, Hurst said this next installment is among “the funniest episodes” of the series.
“Beta and Negan, they couldn’t be more diametrically opposite than anything. It’s this stone-faced immovable person and then you have his mouthpiece who just will not shut up,” he told Insider. “The first episode that you see Beta and Negan together is one of the funniest episodes of Walking Dead that you’ve ever seen. It’s still very bloody, still very Walking Dead, but there’s more levity in that episode than in any that I’ve ever seen of the show.”

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/11/09/the-walking-dead-negan-beta-episode-bonds-something-else-ryan-hurst/

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I couldn't make it through all the clips but it looks like this episode is going to be comedy gold.

It’s looking promising, all I need is for Bayda to do a synchronised hip swivel with Negan and I’ll be 🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Is it weird that while I don't like any of the three characters, I'm kind of perversely amused that they're giving all the appearances of setting up some nasty filthy back woods triangle between Alpha, Beta, and Negan?  And that it seriously honks the big man off but he's too cowed by Cue Ball to do anything about it?  

As over all the dick and balls shtick as I am, I'll concede that second clip is a pretty entertaining entrance into this story for Negan.  Cue Ball looked positively mesmerized by him.  I didn't know whether she was going to gut him or lick him up and down, which might be a bad thing if we cared at all about Negan since she's positively filthy and I doubt there's anywhere around handing out tetanus shots.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I'm kind of perversely amused that they're giving all the appearances of setting up some nasty filthy back woods triangle between Alpha, Beta, and Negan?

That made me watch the clip. Oh, please, let that happen! I thought she was going to sniff him and then lick him like a dog.

• Love 2

This has all the potential to be everything nasty and weird that Rick and the garbage lady hinted at but never managed to fully deliver on before they flew away into the sunset together.  And Negan and Alpha just from that one clip surprisingly have some actual chemistry, as twisted as that may be.

• Love 1
On 11/9/2019 at 3:42 PM, nodorothyparker said:

And Negan and Alpha just from that one clip surprisingly have some actual chemistry, as twisted as that may be.

Any interaction of any kind between Negan and another person is, by default, "twisted."

• Love 3

I'm going to be reading the Army spoilers very closely for the next 2 seasons. They're certainly setting Carol up on a suicide mission. I hope it's a fakeout and she doesn't die. 

Any rumors about Melissa's filming schedule? She still on set/location?

PS - I said a few episodes back that Carol and Negan should team up and take down Alpha since they're the only ones with the balls to do something. Looks like they're running solo plans, would have been cool if it was a secret team up.

I'd also prefer it if Negan went Grey and not going full redemption. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'd also prefer it if Negan went Grey and not going full redemption. 

It looks like he might be playing the whisperers. In one of the above previews it looks like he is on a bridge at night (with a mask) giving something to someone not wearing one. Maybe Aaron?

1 hour ago, materialgirl101 said:

It looks like he might be playing the whisperers. In one of the above previews it looks like he is on a bridge at night (with a mask) giving something to someone not wearing one. Maybe Aaron?

Oh I totally think he's playing them. By grey i meant, Negan plays Whispers to kill Alpha and Beta so he can become the New Alpha. As opposed to being the big damn hero and taking Alpha/Beta out to save Alexandria/Hilltop/etc.

So keep him as an anti-hero rather than making him a hero or (maybe worse) back to being The Big Bad for another season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Oh I totally think he's playing them. By grey i meant, Negan plays Whispers to kill Alpha and Beta so he can become the New Alpha. As opposed to being the big damn hero and taking Alpha/Beta out to save Alexandria/Hilltop/etc.

That would be so more welcome than him becoming accepted within the communities as a ‘good guy’ and one of their own, the prospect of which leaves me rather nauseous 🤮

• Love 2

^^ that worked, thanks!

I see this is just a six-episode series. Not too sure why it needs to be done at all. The movie with Jennifer Lopez - who I thought was wonderful -  covered just about everything in this singer's tragically very short life.

Maybe TWD will send Rosita off somewhere "far away" for some cure. 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

According to my Walking Dead spoilers group on FB (aptly titled Walking Dead Spoilers), Siddiq dies. Dante is a whisperer plant and kills him after Siddiq has a flashback and is able to recognize him as one of the whisperers from the massacre. 

At some point before he sheds his mortal coil we see the whisperer pike party from his perspective. I have not seen this on spoiling the dead army or whatever it's called which gives me a little bit of pause, but it is to the best of my knowledge a confirmed spoiler (edit: since writing this post, the spoiler has indeed been confirmed by TSDF Army). No details yet but it sounds like the Siddiq-was-forced-by-Alpha-to-participate narrative I've seen floated around is untrue and he simply bore witness.

So basically Carl's sacrifice was meaningless as Siddiq died and the other doctor purposely let everyone get infected with walker water. 

It is also super sad because this show is kind of an echo of what it was and at least Siddiq was hot amirite?

It is likely but unconfirmed that Rosita dies. "Sources" say it paves the way for Eugene to meet his radio buddy from the Commonwealth. Coco will be an orphan...no word on whether Father Gabriel or Eugene will take over or if they'll bravely continue on their roles in the former quadrangle that love built. 

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 11/12/2019 at 9:50 AM, OoohMaggie said:

Eeeeeehhhh, what’s going on with Carol?

First time I saw it, I thought it was blood spatter from torturing the Whisperer. However, looking close up it appears as though she has boils. Did she get sick from the Fish!? 😁😂

• LOL 2
32 minutes ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

According to my Walking Dead spoilers group on FB (aptly titled Walking Dead Spoilers), Siddiq dies. Dante is a whisperer plant and kills him after Siddiq has a flashback and is able to recognize him as one of the whisperers from the massacre. 

At some point before he sheds his mortal coil we see the whisperer pike party from his perspective. I have not seen this on spoiling the dead army or whatever it's called which gives me a little bit of pause, but it is to the best of my knowledge a confirmed spoiler. No details yet but it sounds like the Siddiq-was-forced-by-Alpha-to-participate narrative I've seen floated around is untrue and he simply bore witness.

TSDF Army, the Spoiling Dead Fans FB arm, is reporting this.  They seemed tentative about it yesterday or the day before, but they say the Dante is a secret Whisperer who kills Saddiq thing is confirmed now even if they haven't offered up any details yet.

So ... yeah.  Saddiq got Carl killed over his freeing walker souls nonsense, hung around for awhile as one of many many interchangeable medics, served stud for Rosita, and now gets taken out by the one Whisperer in their midst that nobody recognized.  That's quite a storyline.  The only thing memorable about him as a character is that he was played by an actor with pretty eyes.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

So ... yeah.  Saddiq got Carl killed over his freeing walker souls nonsense, hung around for awhile as one of many many interchangeable medics, served stud for Rosita, and now gets taken out by the one Whisperer in their midst that nobody recognized.  That's quite a storyline.  The only thing memorable about him as a character is that he was played by an actor with pretty eyes.

I love that no one noticed he just showed up and started practicing medicine during a time of great strife with the most dangerous enemy group they've ever encountered, when letting in a band teacher and his friends in a time of peace nearly tore apart two communities.

"Hey, you know that other, less hot doctor that showed up after the mass killing?" 

"Kind of an asshole, refers to himself as being basically a god?"

"Yeah."

"Right around the time the water begun to taste like a rotting corpse?"

"That's the one!"

"Think he's dangerous?"

"Nah."

"Same."

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

I love that no one noticed he just showed up and started practicing medicine during a time of great strife with the most dangerous enemy group they've ever encountered, when letting in a band teacher and his friends in a time of peace nearly tore apart two communities.

Right?  It sounds like Dante kills Saddiq after he remembers seeing Dante in the barn where everyone was killed.  So Dante likely didn't show up at Alexandria until sometime after that, when everybody should have been on lockdown and incredibly wary of anyone they didn't know.  I know it's not like they can do a thorough background check or even Google someone anymore, but after the amount of drama that occurred last season over Alexandria closing itself off to strangers that indirectly contributed to Pikefest, you'd think they might have been at least a little bit mindful of who they were letting in or allowing the run of the place in a position of relative authority.

I mean, they have all the time in the world to bicker over the fate of a dangerous prisoner none of them can manage to keep track of anyway, but it doesn't occur to them to maybe at least put a minder on anyone new who shows up wanting to exercise control over the health and well being of residents?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

I’ve heard the rumours, but if it were to be true it would just be another load of nonsense that we’re expected to believe. Unless he’s a complete mental case, in which case would he be capable of maintaining the subterfuge, why would anyone reject the safe, clean, comfortable existence he has, to go back to dirt, filth, cold, worms and kneeling to Baldy? It just won’t wash, but knowing the show I wouldn’t put it past them.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

So ... yeah.  Saddiq got Carl killed over his freeing walker souls nonsense,

Nah, Coral got Coral killed by being a dick, by not using the years of experience that should have kept himself well away from any shuffling, shambling corpse.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

So Dante likely didn't show up at Alexandria until sometime after that, when everybody should have been on lockdown and incredibly wary of anyone they didn't know.

I guess they didn't show his entrance because they couldn't think of a way to do it that made any sense at all, not that that has ever stopped anyone.

At the gate: "Howdy all! I'm Dr. Dante, at your service! I was just passing through and thought this looked like a nice friendly place. Anyone want to get a room?"

• LOL 2

. Did she get sick from the Fish!?

Evidence points to "yes." 🤔

fishitled.jpg

Since I don't find Siddiq "hot" I don't care what happens to him. I have not yet personally seen him do much of anything that could be construed as helpful.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

From TSDF Army: S10.E07 "Open Your Eyes"

1. We see Siddiq is really deep in trauma and hallucinations. Do we see the beheadings from his point of view?

Kind of but not all the way. These are all heavily edited shots with blood spatters, blood spilling on the floor, Siddiq being forced to watch, Alpha moving in to decapitate DJ.

2. So Dante kills Siddiq. How does this all go down?

After having another breakdown, Siddiq jumps in the water, Rosita jumps in after to get him out, and they have a proper conversation where Rosita actually pushes him to tell her what's been bothering him all this time. He talks about how he was forced to watch everything, doing nothing to help. Then he starts talking about how there is no common denominator among the sick people, except… At this point, he has some sort of an epiphany and realizes that it's the water. He goes to the water system and switches the handle from DRINKABLE to UNDRINKABLE. After this, it's nighttime and he's back at his house looking out the window when Dante comes in from behind with another one of his pep-talks. After he says a bunch of motivational bullshit and specifically mentions "pulling his weight WITH THE WATER while Eugene is gone," he clicks his tongue. At this point, Siddiq has another flashback of the Whisperer who was physically forcing him to keep his eyes open also clicking his tongue. He realizes it was Dante. He turns around, there are a few tense seconds where he looks around for apparently something to attack him with, Dante also realizes that he's onto him, and a fight ensues. Dante overpowers him, starts choking him and says "I didn't want this! Not you! Not like this!" Then he tells him to close his eyes, and we see Siddiq's arm fall to his side, motionless. This is the final shot of the episode.

3. Do the others find out that Dante killed Siddiq and that Dante is a Whisperer? If so, what do they do with him?

Since this happens at the very end of the episode, no.

4. Do we know why Lydia doesn’t recognize Dante, but she recognizes the captured Whisperer?

There is no information on this, unfortunately.

5. What happens with the illness breakout in Alexandria? Does it get worse? Does Dante have anything to do with it?

There is no specific information on this, I can only say that people do seem to be getting worse. But this is still very much only Siddiq's problem with no general interest and certainly nothing from Aaron about the creek being contaminated. We also don't see any specific involvement on Dante's part, except the final comment he makes that I mentioned in Q2.

6. What information do Carol and Daryl get out of the Whisperer they captured?

The most important thing that he tells them is that the Whisperers all think that Alpha killed Lydia. He tells them that he will never betray Alpha, that she sacrificed her daughter for them, and that he's willing to give his life for her. There's also a bunch of lecturing on how they are all lying to one another and to themselves, concerning their lifestyle. "You fight for what? Sandwiches?"

7. There's a promo picture with stuff all over Carol's face. What is it?

In order to kill him with kindness, she offers the captured Whisperer bread and jam. He puts the whole thing in his mouth, visibly shaken, crying while eating, only to spit it right back all over Carol's face.

8. What is going on in the promo picture showing Carol with a bloody hand. Did she punch the Whisperer dude? Do we know why she’s wearing her wedding ring from Ezekiel?

After the jam incident, they decide to resort to violence. So Carol puts on the ring and punches the Whisperer a bunch of times. Again, to no avail.

9. What's going on with Gamma and Aaron?

This is a two part situation:

- First, they are having a friendly-ish banter, it's daytime. Aaron offers her bread and shows her a drawing his daughter made. Gamma asks if there are more children in their community, apparently thinking about her sister's child. Aaron tells her that he knows she's trying to get intel, and that maybe he should do the same, but what's the point? He tells her that maybe they should just talk about stuff that are not worth reporting, and just basically chit-chat instead. Gamma kind of flees mid-sentence. I can say that she's visibly intrigued by everything Aaron did and said.

- I will get into the second part on Q12.

10. What boundaries is Carol pushing with Daryl?

After hearing that the Whisperers think that Lydia is dead, Carol rushes to get Lydia to prove the captured Whisperer otherwise. They have an argument where Daryl tells her that the she is not going to get Lydia involved in this and that the kid's been through enough.

11. What do Carol and Lydia talk about on the balcony?

Carol asks Lydia what she knows about the Whisperer they captured. Lydia talks a bit about how her mother twists people, gets them to do what she wants, making them think that it's what they want, giving them no choice. She basically tells Carol to kill him with kindness, show him what they have at Alexandria and that a place like that can survive. She says that an idea like that is dangerous, that it can spread, and that there's nothing her mom can do to stop it.

12. Why are Lydia and Carol out by themselves? Does Daryl or anyone else know what they are off doing?

- The Whisperer they captured actually dies, and very quickly, apparently because of a herb that was wrongly administered by Dante. When Siddiq tells Dante that he killed him, Dante quickly puts the blame on Siddiq, saying that he was the one who packed the medicine bag, and that he had no way of knowing that the red stuff Siddiq packed was not X (the healing one) but Y (the deadly one). I'm pretty sure this was a ploy by Dante, designed to kill the Whisperer to keep him from talking.

- The Whisperer's death happens mere moments before Carol can bring Lydia to show him that she's alive.

- In the meantime, Alpha meets Gamma to get more information on Aaron, and seeing that she's hesitant, she whips her and reminds her to stay strong against the temptations. Gamma goes back to meet Aaron with a visible change in attitude, holding him at knife-point this time to get actual, substantial information. That's when Carol arrives with Lydia. Gamma is absolutely shocked at the sight of Lydia. She runs off and starts crying hysterically.

- But this has one more consequence: This time, Lydia feels betrayed, she says that Carol used her and that she's "just like her". She also runs off, alone. Aaron and Carol are unable to stop her.

- Daryl or anyone else don't know anything about any of this.

13. Is Alexandria the only community that we see?

Yes.

14. Do we get more daddy Daryl scenes with Lydia?

No one-on-one scenes, only him vigorously telling Carol to keep Lydia out of it.

15. Does anything else interesting happen in this episode?

A topless Daryl has a really nice cuddling scene with Dog that is definitely worth mentioning. Also, Rosita and Siddiq have a lot of dialogue; about parenting first, and about Siddiq's problems later. I guess we can say too little too late, unfortunately.

16. Does anyone else besides Siddiq die?

Besides the Whisperer, Yes, Cheryl dies too. And Gamma kills a walker. That's all.

EDIT: *UPDATE*

They don’t show Lydia and Carol leaving Alexandria. We see them on horseback with Lydia guessing correctly that “they aren’t going hunting.” Carol asks her if she still wants to help. Lydia says yes. It’s a short scene. Later at night is when they run into Gamma and Aaron.

Earlier in the episode Carol tells Lydia that she should choose a side and she should want to prove to everyone that she belongs. Then later after encountering Gamma, Lydia tells Carol that she told her to choose a side, “I’m choosing mine” and runs off.

After watching the episode again, the source has come to a different conclusion about the water situation and explained:

So apparently, handles pointing upwards means DRINKABLE, downwards means UNDRINKABLE. They are supposed to be rotated sideways, clockwise and counter-clockwise for each option. At the beginning of the episode, apparently first thing in the morning, we see Siddiq going to the system and turning all handles upwards, pointing towards DRINKABLE, and filling up a big bottle to bring water to the infirmary.

Later on, when he realizes that the water might be the source of the sickness, he goes back to inspect the system, and it turns out that one handle, the one controlling the tap that he used to get the water for the infirmary, was deliberately bent and folded upon itself to actually point in the opposite direction. And since it was left that way, it means that ever since it was bent, that handle naturally always pointed in the opposite direction of the chosen preference, the whole time. So everytime Siddiq turned it to point upwards for DRINKABLE to get drinkable water, it actually gave out undrinkable water, which must mean the cancellation of some filtering process. I came to the conclusion that this was also Dante's doing, to get them to collect unfiltered water instead, thinking it's drinkable.

• Love 3
On 11/12/2019 at 2:50 PM, OoohMaggie said:

5A73B158-BA39-4C09-BECD-DAEB0B831A23.jpeg

Bread & Jam? Really, I suppose it tallies with the bloody hand, she would have smacked him in the mouth after that but why no B&J on her clothes? 

Edited by OoohMaggie

I mean, sure, let's have Carol go all Krystle or Alexis Carrington smacking a guy around with a diamond ring.  She's old enough to have watched original recipe Dynasty.

I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why they even bothered showing us the Whisperer contaminating the creek with walker guts (which sparked plenty of its own head scratching and speculation here) when it was going to turn out to be asshole medical guy tampering with the water filtration.  Yeah, I know.  Don't think too hard about it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Oh let.me guess the Lydia thing causes tension with Daryl and Carol because? That's so fucking stupid

I'd get it, if Lydia was a KID but JFC she's a late teen at best (16/17) and her fucking mother killed a boy she cared about but, no it's all Evil Carol's fault for expecting a girl who "claims" she wabted to help to actually do something. 

Seriously, show I need my Carol/Negan team up. 

• Love 3

Awwww, Siddiq.  Having him as an important member of the community made Carl's death a tiny bit easier to bear.  Now it's all thrown away.  For the fucking Whisperers.

I'm no fan of Carol (for real!), but if it's a choice between the people in the communities dying and Lydia having a bad day, I'm Team Carol all the way.  Lydia is Henry in a dress and Alexandria doesn't need ANOTHER snotty teen to angst all over the place. 

They need to take Lydia to a hill over the Whisperers camp, maybe the next time they have a barbecue, and show them all that Lydia is alive and well.  Then leave to let Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Negan sort it all out among themselves.

• Love 3

I'd get it, if Lydia was a KID but JFC she's a late teen at best (16/17) and her fucking mother killed a boy she cared about but, no it's all Evil Carol's fault for expecting a girl who "claims" she wabted to help to actually do something. 

Yep.  Lydia's not a scared 6-year-old.  She's almost grown.  Her fucking mother has already killed a bunch of people and made it clear she'll be just fine with killing a bunch more if they don't follow all of her arbitrary "rules."  These communities have repeatedly incurred her wrath for taking Lydia in and trying to help her.  If Lydia can be of any use to them so no one else has to die then she either needs to do that or she doesn't really want to help and in that case, she needs to move it on along and best of luck to you, kid.  I'm just completely out of patience with teenage snits being sad "choosing her own side" because big mean Carol won't coddle her when Carol is busy being proactive at least trying to figure out a way out of this mess.

• Love 3