Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

On 10/18/2019 at 4:01 PM, nodorothyparker said:

She goes to the gym of the school and steps on a trap that has her hanging upside down at the end of a rope.

And here I thought Rick and Daryl falling in a hole was goofy.

and:

She mainly sees "hallucinations" of Henry.

and:

they are attacked by walkers that are covered in hogweed which causes Aaron to lose his eyesight....Negan eventually saves him from the walkers.

shoot.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

So the writers finally learn how to Google or they read an article in Yahoo news and this is what they come up with - Giant Hogweed? Hogweed wrapped around more Stealth Walkers, who are not seen or heard until stupid Aaron conveniently lets himself get tackled?

A slightly longer clip than the one above, it seems like the brat has a mind way beyond her years, working out the Whisperer’s ‘let’s tire them out’ ploy, what was I doing at that age? Playing with Lego and plastic soldiers!

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

A slightly longer clip than the one above, it seems like the brat has a mind way beyond her years, working out the Whisperer’s ‘let’s tire them out’ ploy, what was I doing at that age? Playing with Lego and plastic soldiers!

Her wide eyed self conscious acting is unbearable.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

From TSDF Army for S10.E04: Silence the Whisperers.  These came in two chunks.

We do see Michonne and Ezekiel kiss. Michonne sees Ezekiel outside of Hilltop, riding by himself. She goes after him, and he's at the edge of some scaffolding. He's seemingly considering throwing himself off of it. Michonne talks him out of it. They share a hug, and Ezekiel kisses her, apologizes immediately after. Then they sit down and have a heart to heart on losing their partners and how hard it is to pick yourself up afterwards, where Michonne cries. After that, they have a bit of a playful banter where Michonne tells him that he's not a half-bad kisser and Ezekiel jokes that just so she knows, he's not exactly at the top of his game.

The most prominent theme is some teenager-looking types harassing Lydia. It is implied that they are the ones responsible for the Silence The Whispers graffiti on the door of the house where she's living with Daryl. They corner Lydia in the middle of the night and actually, physically attack her, but Negan comes and pulls them off of her. There is a commotion, a guy says they were just trying to scare her, and when it's over, it turns out that Negan pushed Margo off of Lydia a little bit too hard and actually fucking killed her!! He comes in when Margo is on top of Lydia, pulls Margo off of her and shoves her aside without looking, proceeding to interfere with the other two guys, and afterwards, we see that he shoved her so hard that she hit a wall, her back facing the wall, possibly breaking the back of her skull because there's a bunch of blood on the wall! Shit hits the fan, of course. I would say that this is the main event, there are other conflicts happening as well but nothing as major. And no Dog again, unfortunately.

and

1. The Hilltop is infiltrated with Walkers. Can you tell us how everything goes down and how it’s resolved? Is Alpha believed to be responsible?

There is a huge tree that appears to have fallen over the Hilltop fence, causing the roof of a barn to collapse on apparently nine people, and attracting walkers that start attacking and eventually breaching the walls. But the infiltration itself isn't shown to be a very prominent issue; it's the main two things that it causes: One, are the Whisperes responsible? And two, Magna is very unhappy with Yumiko making decisions on her own and barking out orders left and right.

2. What is going on with Ezekiel? Is he having nightmares? Is he ill?

He is shown to be unable to sleep, all sweaty. The biggest situation with Ezekiel in this episode is his heart-to-heart with Michonne, but Michonne does most of the talking. Ezekiel laments the loss of his kingdom and basically just name drops Benjamin, Shiva and Henry, and then Carol, saying he doesn't even know how to talk to her anymore. That's about it with him.

3. Carol doesn't join Michonne and Daryl for dinner. Is she ok? Is she still popping pills? Does anyone comfort her?

Carol isn't featured heavily in this episode. She is shown not opening the door for Daryl who brings her food, only opening it after Daryl leaves and taking the tray inside. She also has a conversation with Daryl on how they should be focusing on the enemy outside, but Daryl tells her that if they don't solve their internal issues, there will be nothing left for the enemy outside to destroy. Since she's not really featured in any meaningful way, there is no possibility to show any pills or a need for comfort.

4. Is Siddiq still struggling with PTSD? Have there been any developments on what is going on with him?

Yes. He keeps seeing things and hearing whispers, and he ends up filling a bowl with ice, dunking his head in and screaming in it. But that's it.

5. What’s happening with Lydia in this episode?

Lydia is verbally harassed by Gage, Margo and Alfred. She complains about it to Negan who encourages her to not give them what they want and just ignore them. Later on, Lydia harasses them in return by sitting at their table and butchering a squirrel in front of them, getting blood all over Gage's face. She also does the quiet sign, saying "shh" and smiling. This is probably what pushes the trio to ambush her in the middle of the night with Negan coming in for the save.

6. Do we see more of father figure Daryl with Lydia?

Definitely. He is great with her, consoling her every step of the way and also believing her on what happened on the fateful night. (See above spoilers). That's important because Gage and Alfred later claimed that Lydia was the one who lured them there and Negan and her were in it together. They also have a long conversation after Lydia locks herself in the jail cell, saying that's where people want her and that's where she feels safe. She also makes a comment on how her mother was right about the "masks" that they wear, kind of saying the same thing as Negan on how they pretend to be polite until things get bad and they get scared, and that's when they "pick a target, aim and shoot". Daryl tries to explain to her that Negan is different, but she says he stood up for her when he didn't have to.

7. It looks like Negan has interactions with both Lydia and Daryl. What are they discussing?

Regarding her harassers, he tells Lydia to "kill them with kindness". Afterwards, when he is imprisoned once again for killing Margo, him and Daryl also have a long conversation. Negan once again touches a few subjects that he's been talking about in the previous episodes. He talks about how their moral code is phony because of how they gave him a taste of freedom only to yank it away when he actually did the right thing. He also tells Daryl, despite all that time he spent fantasizing about his death, all that time he actually tried to kill him, now he's not so sure.

8. Who is responsible for the “Silence the Whisperers” graffiti?

I believe it to be Gage, Margo and Alfred because no one else is shown to have this strong of a hatred towards the Whisperers, but there's nothing specific in the episode itself on this.

9. Are there any characters having conflicts with each other?

The most important conflict for me is between Yumiko and Magna. As I've mentioned in Q1, Yumiko seems to be ignoring Magna's (and everyone else's, according to Magna) opinion and just doing whatever she wants to do. There are two occasions when this happens; one where Magna says that they can put the wounded in some of the trailers and Yumiko interrupts LET'S USE MAGGIE'S OLD OFFICE and another where outside the wall, Magna says that they can take all the walkers but Yumiko insists they go back inside. Afterwards, Magna actually gives Magna a piece of her mind, saying "You're not my lawyer anymore."

Another conflict we see is on whether Negan should live or die. They have a council meeting on this in the middle of the night, and Michonne, being in Hilltop, asks Daryl to be her proxy for the vote. Aaron states his opinion on Negan's personality, he says that he may have changed but having done the things he has done, something inside him is broken. Siddiq counters this by saying that killing him undermines the civilization that they have built and the Whisperers are a more important issue anyway. Daryl says no to killing Negan, and Aaron comments that they are tied. Apparently, Gabriel has the deciding vote and he says that he's going to take the night to clear his head and consider his vote.

10. We see Carol with a compass and a map. What is she planning?

I think that this is maybe a one second shot that really doesn't mean anything in the overall arc of the episode. As I've said, there is no specific Carol storyline on this one.

11. Why do Michonne, Judith, Eugene and others go to the Hilltop?

This isn't stated specifically, but I assume it's because they are notified of the falling tree and the possible connection to the Whisperers. I came to this conclusion because later on, while at Hilltop, Michonne gets a call from Oceanside this time, alerting her on the presence of walkers over there as well and she decides to go. Luke wants to join, he asks to follow her to Oceanside and Yumiko teases him about wanting to see Jules there. Eugene decides to hang back to help fix the wall, and Judith is going to Oceanside with Michonne.

12. Do we see the infamous Michonne & Ezekiel kiss? Where does that come from?

We do see the kiss. Michonne sees Ezekiel outside of Hilltop, riding by himself. She goes after him, and he's at the edge of some scaffolding. He's seemingly considering throwing himself off of it, Michonne talks him out, they share a hug, and Ezekiel kisses her, apologizes immediately after. Then they sit down and have a heart to heart on losing their partners and how hard it is to pick yourself up afterwards, where Michonne cries. After that, they have a bit of a playful banter where Michonne tells him that he's not a half-bad kisser and Ezekiel jokes that just so she knows, he's not exactly at the top of his game. They wrap up the whole situation with super friendly and supportive banter.

13. Is Dog in this episode?

Unfortunately, no.

14. Does anyone die?

Yes, Margo.

15. How does the episode end?

The episode ends with Michonne and co. leaving for Oceanside, Daryl scrubbing the "Silence The Whispers" graffiti off his door, the final shot being another huge "Silence The Whispers" graffiti on the roof of a building.

16. Are there any shocks and surprises?

Yes! Apparently, Negan has left. Gabriel can't find him in his cell, and Lydia says that she released him.

17. Anything else interesting in this episode?

What's interesting to me is Yumiko and Magna's hot and heavy love scene in the cold open. Also, I think I can say that Dante seems real enough because he's seen patching up Lydia's arm. I can also mention that Judith and Michonne are seen fighting walkers together when they arrive at Hilltop, I liked seeing that.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

I believe it to be Gage, Margo and Alfred

Okay, who the fuck are... never mind.

14. Does anyone die?

Yes, Margo.

Oh, no. I don't even know who she is, but I'm sure I'll be distressed at her demise.

And this graffiti? Where are they getting the spray paint?

(Siddiq) keeps seeing things and hearing whispers, and he ends up filling a bowl with ice, dunking his head in and screaming in it. But that's it.

Oh.

• Love 2

I do like that they're taking time to address the ongoing grief and just how utter fucking exhausting it must be to continue to live in this world through Carol and Ezekiel and Michonne.  I'm especially glad to see that they haven't forgotten Zeke even if I already have a fair idea how that's going to go over.  

But seriously.  Now Daryl gets to be just fine with keeping Negan around like the family pet they take in and out of a crate, even to the point of voting to let him live?  In the very special afterschool episode portion of the show, Negan teaches Lydia a valuable lesson about teenage bullying and then she sets him free again?  Oh, of course she does.  This show continues to have the weirdest idea of "redemption" if we're supposed to feel sorry for Negan that the regulars who haven't baseball batted anyone to death or kept sex slaves are deciding his fate after he "accidentally" slams a teenage girl so hard he kills her.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Okay, who the fuck are... never mind.

Oh, no. I don't even know who she is, but I'm sure I'll be distressed at her demise.

And this graffiti? Where are they getting the spray paint?

Oh.

Honestly, I just googled "Margo Walking Dead" and I still have no idea. 

• Love 2

I cannot take them trying to turn Neagan into a good guy anymore! Daryl of all people should never forgive or trust him.  Does everyone forget the people whose skulls he bashed in? The faces he burned? Dog food sandwiches and that horrible song on loop? I hate this season.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Yes. He keeps seeing things and hearing whispers, and he ends up filling a bowl with ice, dunking his head in and screaming in it. But that's it.

...where are they getting ice??  And how is this a good use of it?

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, peach said:

...where are they getting ice??  And how is this a good use of it?

In my confusion over who Margo is and why I should care about her, I missed that. Do they have electricity now and so much ice it can be used for face-dunking therapy? I better stay tuned for the answer.

2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

In the very special afterschool episode portion of the show, Negan teaches Lydia a valuable lesson about teenage bullying and then she sets him free again? 

Wise, benevolent Uncle Neeg, and if anyone would know about teen bullies, it would be him. 

I wouldn't be letting him near any teenaged girls, but I guess we're not supposed to remember Amber, another teenaged girl who didn't get such avuncular treatment from Negan.🤢

4 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

What's interesting to me is Yumiko and Magna's hot and heavy love scene in the cold open.

Oh, boy. Can't wait for that. 🙄

3 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

after he "accidentally" slams a teenage girl so hard he kills her.

I'm ignoring this.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

This show continues to have the weirdest idea of "redemption" if we're supposed to feel sorry for Negan that the regulars who haven't baseball batted anyone to death or kept sex slaves are deciding his fate after he "accidentally" slams a teenage girl so hard he kills her.

??? The only Margo I recall was a late-30something who was part of the Highwaymen crowd the Kingdomers ran into last season - but (a) I thought the Whisperers had pretty much expunged the Highwaymen from existence, and (b) even if she was one of a few survivors, the Margo I’m thinking of was long past being a teenager.

Edited by Nashville
Stupid typos
  • Love 1

I don't even mind Nice Negan anymore; it's the plots and characters that I just can't take anymore. 

I've never read the comics so I don't know if the show follows them or when the comics will end, it's just that it seems the writers have run out of ideas.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Nashville said:

??? The only Margo I recall was a late-30something who was part of the Highwaymen crowd the Kingdomers ran into last season - but (a) I thought the Whisperers had pretty much expunged the Highwaymen from existence, and (b) even if she was one of a few survivors, the Margo I’m thinking of was long past being a teenager.

I never knew any of their names except Ozzy and ??? the other guy.  But according to the wiki, you'd be right.  Margo is the woman getting mouthy with Michonne this past episode demanding they "do something" about the Whisperers.

I was extrapolating from the spoiler description that says Lydia is being harassed/bullied by some teenagers and then something something Negan "accidentally" kills Margo to stop it.  My assumption from that was that Margo must be one of the teenagers.  You'll have that when you have so many interchangeable characters.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Margo is the woman getting mouthy with Michonne this past episode demanding they "do something" about the Whisperers.

Oh, she's the rough 'n tough tatted ("This is MY schtick!") woman? I have a vague memory of her, but IIRC, she's no teen. Have  we seen her since the day she arrived with the stylish millennials and Osso Buco? Maybe we'll get some touching flashbacks so we can try to care.

15 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Oh, she's the rough 'n tough tatted ("This is MY schtick!") woman? I have a vague memory of her, but IIRC, she's no teen.

No, that's Magna, who I also had to look up to make sure her name isn't actually Magma.  Margo was the Highwayman woman (Highwaywoman?) who was making demands about avenging her piked friends in the Alexandria council meeting.  According to the wiki she was in the background of a few scenes in the season premier but never had any lines until this last episode, so of course now she's going to be killed in the very next episode, which we'll be expected to care about.  So she is very much the Neil of this season.

From the spoilers, I mistakenly thought she was one of the teens bullying Lydia.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

No, that's Magna, who I also had to look up to make sure her name isn't actually Magma. 

Okay, thanks. I do remember Magna, because I called her "Magma."

19 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Margo was the Highwayman woman (Highwaywoman?) who was making demands about avenging her piked friends in the Alexandria council meeting.

These Highwaymen were the FauxCowboys? They came and went so quickly my memories of them are very fuzzy, and nope - I remember "Margo" not at all, nor do I recall any of her piked friends. Are we going to hear the anguished outcry of, "They killed Margo!"?  Heavens to Betsy!

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Wow! the love bug must be catching

I liked that.  It's nice to see a Black man and woman interacting; the show seems to try and avoid that as much as possible.  Comic Michonne was all about the brothers. 

I wish that Michonne didn't have to be Rick's Eternal Widow.  It's the ZA; life moves quickly.  Rick sure as shit didn't spend too much time mourning.  When one of his women died, he found another. 

Speaking of brothers, who's the nice looking guy in the horse-drawn car?  If Ezekiel doesn't work out, he seems like a definite possibility.  I just hope he stays away from Carol, who is worse than sickle cell anemia for a Black man.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

When the dross gets you down, remember the good times. How great was that scene with Glenn? That’s what we want, as for Carol and the Wolves, I love that woman! 🥰

This is bullshit.  How many times has Michonne taken on a whole herd of walkers/bad guys and not ONE time made the list?  Bullshit.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Speaking of brothers, who's the nice looking guy in the horse-drawn car?  If Ezekiel doesn't work out, he seems like a definite possibility.  I just hope he stays away from Carol, who is worse than sickle cell anemia for a Black man.

If you mean him, his name is Scott, a resident of Alexandria, not a Redshirt, but not quite a main character, although I think he deserves a promotion by now, who in real life is married to “Sasha”

317122E8-8CA4-4237-A67E-03F0F950270B.png

8F6BD216-813F-414A-99C0-03C089CCCFA3.png

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

If you mean him, his name is Scott, a resident of Alexandria, not a Redshirt, but not quite a main character, although I think he deserves a promotion by now, who in real life is married to “Sasha”

317122E8-8CA4-4237-A67E-03F0F950270B.png

8F6BD216-813F-414A-99C0-03C089CCCFA3.png

Oh, he's Sonequa's husband!  I knew I'd seen him somewhere before.  That's a beautiful couple!

2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

If you mean him, his name is Scott, a resident of Alexandria, not a Redshirt, but not quite a main character,

How the hell do you know this? I don't recall ever seeing him, let alone his name. Are you keeping a chart?😄

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Speaking of brothers, who's the nice looking guy in the horse-drawn car?

I don't know, but I'll take him!

Edit:  So Sonequa's got him.  Damn.😒

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 2

Reading through all this spoiler info, and the resolution to give up on the TWD universe [after the ridiculously shitty way seasons 7 & 8 played out, and then ultimately finished] keeps my mental health on good track.

(just about the)  Best.  Decision.  Ever.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

The only crumb of hope with the new series is that we’ll get some decent ‘outbreak’ scenes, as for the rest,  mmmmmmmmmm, the geek dressed like Dr Who doesn’t inspire confidence.

I read somewhere that this series premise is that its a group of teens, who grew up in a protected/sheltered area during the apocalypse, and they either decide or are forced to venture out on their own.

Even if I was still watching and invested in TWD universe, you want me to watch something like this after trying with how FTWD started out (& the Ron stretch on TWD)??  I give this spin-off an immediate big
tenor.gif?itemid=4496112

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

The only crumb of hope with the new series is that we’ll get some decent ‘outbreak’ scenes, as for the rest,  mmmmmmmmmm, the geek dressed like Dr Who doesn’t inspire confidence.

And it looks like corduroy.   I can just see the zombies gravitating to that whish whish sound it makes when you walk and his companions asking him to walk with his legs wider or something.  

• LOL 5

Hey, that's the show with the kid who is so big for his age he scares everyone.

8 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I read somewhere that this series premise is that its a group of teens, who grew up in a protected/sheltered area during the apocalypse, and they either decide or are forced to venture out on their own.

Even if I was still watching and invested in TWD universe, you want me to watch something like this after trying with how FTWD started out (& the Ron stretch on TWD)??  I give this spin-off an immediate big
tenor.gif?itemid=4496112

I'm with you on this Leo, even though I don't forgive you for making that disgusting movie.

• LOL 1