Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

I can hear the whoops of approval from here,                                                                                                                From ComicBook
“The zombie drama’s next episode, “What It Always Is,” will be Negan-centric as it explores where he’s headed next after being broken out of jail by fanboy accomplice Brandon”

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/10/28/the-walking-dead-unleashed-negan-jeffrey-dean-morgan-having-blast-season-1005/

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I can hear the whoops of approval from here,                                                                                                                From ComicBook
“The zombie drama’s next episode, “What It Always Is,” will be Negan-centric as it explores where he’s headed next after being broken out of jail by fanboy accomplice Brandon”

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/10/28/the-walking-dead-unleashed-negan-jeffrey-dean-morgan-having-blast-season-1005/

tenor.gif?itemid=7492234

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 10/29/2019 at 10:36 AM, OoohMaggie said:

I have no idea who the fuck Brandon is, but can't wait!!

applausephy.gif

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I'm sure she's a very nice young woman, but if she's going to go out hunting BY HERSELF when she knows she's losing her hearing, she's a liability to the community.  That kind of stupid always is.  Now a search party is going to have to go out to look for her.  I'm sure Negan will walk back into Hilltop, carrying her on his shoulders as Step #TooFuckingManyInMyOpinionJustKillHim on his road to redemption.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I'm sure Negan will walk back into Hilltop, carrying her on his shoulders as Step #TooFuckingManyInMyOpinionJustKillHim on his road to redemption.

I’m just hoping the last second in the Connie clip shows Daryl heading off to rescue Kelly, I’ve listened several times, but is that a bark that alerts him? Maybe Dog turns out to be the hero, anything but the grinning goof.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2

From TSDF Official: S10.E05: What It Always Is

1. What communities are featured in this episode?

Hilltop and the Whisperers.

2. What supplies are missing from Hilltop? Do we find out what happened to them?

A crate of fish from Oceanside and a quarter of the medical supplies are mentioned. Yes, we do. More on that later.

3. Who released Negan from his cell?

We don't know exactly, but apparently not Negan's fanboy Brandon because he also asks Negan about it to no avail.

4. We see that Brandon has followed Negan. Why? And how do those interactions go? Does Negan kill him like in the comics?

This dude is straight-up psycho. He seems to have all these weird, twisted fantasies about Negan and the Saviors. I know these Q&A's are supposed to be the mother of spoilers, but the stupid shit he says and does kinda makes me want to not spoil it to not ruin the fun. He leads Negan to a place where he thinks can be the New Sanctuary. He puts barbed wire on a baseball bat and presents it to Negan "as a gift" along with his leather jacket that he says he found in the back of a storage garage. And yes, Negan does kill him, thank God.

5. Who is the lady Negan saves on the bus?

Some random lady and her son. After Brandon and Negan save them from some walkers inside the bus, Negan blows Brandon off, saying he should go wherever the hell he wants, as long as he doesn't have to see his creepy-ass face anymore. Negan then has a nice little chat with the boy (redemption arc much), goes to gather wood for a fire to make dinner. He comes back to find a psychotic Brandon whistling, rambling on how Negan sending him away was a test and that he actually wanted to see if he had the balls to do what it takes, which for him was to kill the boy and his mother, which is what he did. Upon seeing this, Negan kills him. Just as he's about to say "I am Neg--".

6. Does Negan end up at the Whisperer camp?

YES! He takes the new Lucille, crossing the border and yelling out to get the Whisperers' attention, and sure enough, Beta comes along.

7. What is Ezekiel’s secret?

Apparently, he has thyroid cancer. He shows Siddiq a lump on his throat. He says that when he was growing up, his grandmother and his father fought it and won because the survival rate for thyroid cancer is 98%, but times were different back then with all the treatment options, and now, there's nothing to be done for him.

8. What’s going on at the Whisperer camp? What are they planning?

We see what Alpha means by a change in strategy. She tells the Whisperers that when the enemy's world starts to collapse, the smart ones will know where to come and that they will be waiting. She also tells Gamma that "the metal man can be useful", implying that they will attempt to use Gamma to get to Aaron. More on this on Q10.

9. Do we find out if the Whisperers set up the walker attacks on the communities?

Yes. It turns out they were responsible for both the walker attacks and the falling of the tree. And damming (and maybe contaminating) the creek. Again, more on this on Q10.

10. Aaron appears briefly in the promo. What is he doing?

He sees Gamma killing and disemboweling a walker near the creek, turning it on its side to both block the flow of the water. I don't know if this makes sense but somehow, from what I can tell, contaminating it (because she makes sure that the walker's innards are in the water). Later on, he sees her for a second time. Gamma cuts her hand, and Aaron throws her some bandages. He asks her for her name, tells her his name, tells her that he's from Vermont, asks her where she's from, she flees mid-sentence.

11. What happens during Daryl and Connie’s search for Kelly? Do they find her and make it back to Hilltop?

Magna is also searching with them. Kelly is badly beaten up, so Daryl thinks they should find some place closer to take her. Kelly tells Magna to "tell them", and when they take them to a stash, we learn that the two of them were responsible for the thefts.

12. Is Kelly ok?

Yes.

13. What is the goodest boy Dog doing in this episode?

The goodest of all good boys finds Kelly.

14. Does anyone die?

Some walkers and fucking Brandon.

15. Are there any shocks or surprises?

I'd say Ezekiel's cancer is the biggest surprise.

16. How does the episode end?

With Negan telling Beta "Alright, you big-ass freak. Let's do this."

17. Does anything else interesting happen?

A few things:

- Daryl and Connie interact a lot more, there's even a little bit of hand-holding. He tells her a funny story about him and Merle. They also connect a bit after bringing Kelly back safely.

- Magna and Yumiko have a big falling-out after Yumiko finds out that Magna was the one stealing supplies. They talk a bit about how Magna ended up in prison, by her account, 13 years ago. Apparently, she had a young cousin, a man hurt her, and Magna went after him for it.

- When Daryl and Siddiq come back from looking for Negan, Daryl asks Ezekiel if he's going to ask him about Carol, he straight-up says "NAH". Afterwards, when Siddiq and Dante are talking over the radio, Siddiq tells Dante to go get Carol and gets up. Ezekiel sits in front of the radio, but when he hears footsteps and the sound of a chair coming from the other side, he abruptly turns it off.

- I don't know if this means anything for the future, but Dante mentions Rosita having caught a small bug back in Alexandria.

EDIT:

Siddiq is still very hopeful for Ezekiel!! He gets into with him and tells Zeke they can’t know for sure what it is without proper tests. Ezekiel insists that he can because of his family history. Dr. Diq tells him even if that’s the case, it’s still manageable. He uses this as an opportunity to further connect with Ezekiel, and tells him that he’s been struggling with his own condition since the barn. He says that maybe they can’t escape this stuff but they can still talk about it and be there for each other.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

‘So kid, along with your Mom not telling you about flying, did she tell you about Child molesters? Well basically kid, if some old, hairy assed guy comes up to you and starts talking about nuts and dicks, you gotta run away real fast kid, screaming Mooooooooooommmmmmm at the top of your lungs.” 🏃‍♂️

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

‘So kid, along with your Mom not telling you about flying, did she tell you about Child molesters? Well basically kid, if some old, hairy assed guy comes up to you and starts talking about nuts and dicks, you gotta run away real fast kid, screaming Mooooooooooommmmmmm at the top of your lungs.” 🏃‍♂️

😳WTAF?  Who fucking wrote that scene?   Also, JDM acts like he's on meth.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peach said:

WTAF?  Who fucking wrote that scene? 

I watched for about 10 seconds and then I swear my brain turned completely off and all I heard was "blah blah blah". I had to stop. For all I know Negan might have said, "So Joey, have you ever seen a grown man naked?"

3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

if some old, hairy assed guy comes up to you and starts talking about nuts and dicks,

I guess nobody ever gave Lydia that piece of advice.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 10/25/2019 at 11:46 AM, AngelaHunter said:

Okay, who the fuck are... never mind.

Oh, no. I don't even know who she is, but I'm sure I'll be distressed at her demise.

And this graffiti? Where are they getting the spray paint?

Oh.

(Siddiq) keeps seeing things and hearing whispers, and he ends up filling a bowl with ice, dunking his head in and screaming in it.

Where are they getting ice?

• Love 1

Look, while I do find it mildly interesting to have Negan have to deal face to face with someone who could have gleefully been him or one of his henchmen so he can get a good look at what that really looks like when you're not standing around all swaybacked and grinning over the worst day of someone else's life, what are they doing immediately having him talking about nutsacks to a kid he just met?  That doesn't give off a pedo vibe at all.  It immediately made me think of Peter Graves in Airplane!, which I feel reasonably sure is not what the show is going for.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, nodorothyparker said:

immediately having him talking about nutsacks to a kid he just met?  That doesn't give off a pedo vibe at all.  It immediately made me think of Peter Graves in Airplane!, which I feel reasonably sure is not what the show is going for.

That scene has the line I just used above.😄

He's talking about nutsacks with the kid? Really? I guess I should try and watch that clip again and just hope my brain doesn't freeze this time, the way it does whenever Negan starts talking or whenever anyone give a long and tedious monlogue. Here goes...

I made it to 2:50. "Nut tapping"? Oh, Negan...

negan.jpg

• LOL 4
11 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

That scene has the line I just used above.😄

You did use it first and my brain somehow didn't register that you did.  Or we each saw enough of the scene that we immediately both went there, which means other people probably will too.  As I so often ask about some of the crap they throw on the screen, what on earth were they thinking?  Minus all the nutsack talk, it's an innocuous enough scene beyond musing that Negan must have flown first class pre ZA since he's talking about comfort and airplane meals to a kid to whom this might as well be Jack and the Beanstalk.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

How frail is Negan that a 60lb rotted corpse can knock him down now?

I was thinking how thin and spindly his legs looked in the clip, not that he was exactly ‘Comic’ huge in his prime!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Superclam said:

From the freezer, which they have in the Z.A., and can clearly make enough that they can waste some by screaming into a bowlful. What? 

And yet they can’t allot the resources to manufacture bullets, or fuel enough to power more than Daryl’s bike, the whole community should be out on two wheelers and quads toting machine guns.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

I was thinking how thin and spindly his legs looked in the clip, not that he was exactly ‘Comic’ huge in his prime!

JDM looks like hell - as though he survived a prison camp -  and much older than his age. I guess he never came back from that starvation diet he put himself on. Too bad.

2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

If anyone is interested, someone is posting lots of clips from tomorrow’s show over on UTube.

I guess no one is interested.😕

56 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

And yet they can’t allot the resources to manufacture bullets, or fuel enough to power more than Daryl’s bike

Or clean a chimney.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, SharonH58 said:

Where are they getting ice?

I'd guess that they'd built an ice house: nice thick walls, lots of straw for additional insulation, ice blocks cut out of frozen lakes or ponds or whatever was around. When I was a kid in the 50s, we'd go to the big commercial ice house in town and line up with everyone else wanting a block of ice to put in the big coolers that we used to keep food cold for picnics. It wasn't unusual for people in my parents' generation to refer to refrigerators as ice boxes. So not all that terribly long ago that ice storage was a thing,

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, peach said:

So, if I have this correct, Negan's redemption arc consists of

1. Pedophile grooming talks with stranger's kids.

2. Bringing back Lucille.

3. Manipulating and preying on a disturbed young girl.

4. Getting a brand new Fonzie jacket.

If only he could throw Saddiq or creepy NewDoc in a fire, it will be just like the good ol' days.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

So now, among the huge list of his sins we're calling him a pedophile? All of a sudden that strikes me as utterly hilarious.😄🤣😂 *tears of laughter*

I actually don't really care about fictional Negan.  I have to give quite the side eye to the people making this show, though.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, peach said:

I actually don't really care about fictional Negan.

I don't either. I just find it funny the way we see him (creepy, psycho sex offender) compared to the way Kirkman, Kang and whoever else is guilty for shoving him down our throats see him. Tickles my funny bone, big time.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I don't either. I just find it funny the way we see him (creepy, psycho sex offender) compared to the way Kirkman, Kang and whoever else is guilty for shoving him down our throats see him. Tickles my funny bone, big time.

One part funny and one part concerning.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, amazinglybored said:

One part funny and one part concerning.

Very concerning that it seems even Angela Kang sees nothing wrong with redeeming a sadistic sociopath who bragged about keeping sex slaves. I guess if you want to make ground-breaking TV that's one way of doing it. Maybe they can make him a flasher, too - "Psst, kid. Wanna see something?" Oh, well. It's better for my health to laugh at it.

About Negan's charming "nut tapping" tale: I do recall hearing that before. The boys in my elementary school called it "sack-tapping" and did it to each other. I never heard of it or saw it being done after 5th or 6th grade, and certainly not in high school. So Negan hasn't progressed beyond elementary school and what the writers think is funny is what a 10-year-old boy finds funny. No wonder all the piss and dick talk.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

^^ Beta: "Noise. Constant noise." Perfect summation for Negan.

So Chewie, you think your annoyed, we’ve had to put up with that shit for years, just cut the    f—-ers throat already and we’ll all sleep soundly tonight 😴

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Beta: "Noise. Constant noise." Perfect summation for Negan.

Okay, this did actually make me laugh.  It's how you know more than anything else that he's absolutely full of shit and working an angle in wanting to join up with these losers.  He'd never be able to shut up long enough.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

So, in the above clip of Negan and the SkinFace gang, he's off again! He wants to know, "What have you got going on down below?" He needs to know if they are "commando" or are wearing underpants. He really is a dirty-minded little boy, our Kirkman's alter ego. Beta, you have our permission to do what RickyG refused to do and cut his throat. It's the only way he will ever STFU.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

^^ Beta: "Noise. Constant noise." Perfect summation for Negan.

What exactly is Negan going to do against the Big Scary Monster who has 3", at least 60lbs and 10 years on him?

And when did Negan get that utter douchebag hairdo?

Well nut thump him of course. But he will probably have his perception put off by Bedas size, and get a handful of dick instead. Sorry.

i can’t believe people are trying to justify that idiotic writing. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I can't believe Negan is still alive...

Matt’s Inside Line: Walking Dead Scoop, Plus The Flash, Five-0, Evil, Batwoman, NCIS, This Is Us, Supernatural and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / November 6 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/11/06/walking-dead-season-10-spoilers-negan-tested-by-alpha/

Whatcha got on The Walking Dead? — Gary
If you’re a fan of Negan, Sunday’s episode of the AMC drama is can’t-miss. Not only does the episode “Bonds” reveal the highly entertaining way that the wannabe Whisperer reacts to being tested by Alpha, it features the stunning sight of the Saviors’ former leader doing something that he never before has. And it’s no exaggeration to say that Jeffrey Dean Morgan has rarely been more devilishly charming than he is here; he’s a hoot-and-a-half.

Edited by tv echo
19 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Presented without further comment.

Okay, that is so absurd it's frickin' hilarious. Beta is all "WTF??" at Negan's dick talk. He better get used to it.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 1