Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

On 10/10/2019 at 12:22 AM, peach said:

Wait, are y'all saying you aren't riveted by this content??

"Mr. B"! That is so, like, genius. I'm blown away and can't imagine the brain-storming session that came up with that scintillating dialogue.

We see how they got their names

Oh, good.

I have to say: Okay so the A and B harkens back to the helicopter and our Trash Lady. Gee, what's the connection? Or maybe TPTB forgot all about that. The suspense is killing me.

• LOL 4

Seriously? I forget that the show has started, finally watch it on my per, get ready to put it back into my schedule, and the next episode is an Alpha/Beta centric episode? 

...I guess I shouldn't be surprised...

• Love 2

So now we've got Gamma, yet another looney-tune, who is willing to let her baby nephew get eaten, and who throws her own sister into the jaws of the walkers. It's only been a few years since the outbreak, where are they finding these people?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

^^^ Okay, I got a bit of a chuckle when Aaron unscrewed his "Tin Man" hand and replaced it with the spiky ball. 😄 How many other attachments does he have? Maybe a whisk? A paring knife? An Edward Scissorhands-type pruning blade?

If I'm not mistaken, he served in the Swiss Army for a brief time. 

• LOL 12

So, is it my wine-fueled imagination that TPTB want to turn Aaron into NewRick for us? The "no more Mr. NiceGuy"(after 10 years?), the savage beard, the throwing caution to the winds and one more plot point taken from Rick? IF that's what they're doing, they might want to think back to Henry and how well that worked out for them.

There is a superficial resemblance here:

aaronmotional-photo-05_595.jpg

aaronT336f62EI5U.jpg

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2
On 10/15/2019 at 1:31 AM, Superclam said:

If I'm not mistaken, he served in the Swiss Army for a brief time. 

But did Earle craft him an implement to remove stones from horses hooves?

2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

There is a superficial resemblance here:

If I’m not mistaken, didn’t Rick lose an arm in the comics?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

So Carol’s got a hidden gun, with viable ammunition, which basically asks the question, why aren’t all the groups armed to the teeth? With enough firepower to send The Whisperers into the next life enveloped in a cloud of gun smoke. One minute Eugene is the ‘Saviour’ of the Saviours with his knowledge of ammunition, yet when the people who he apparently cares about are in dire straits, they have to rely upon arrows and the tactics of the Roman legions. 🤔

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

yet when the people who he apparently cares about are in dire straits, they have to rely upon arrows and the tactics of the Roman legions. 

I forgot to ad, Huh? To the answers

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

40 hours of fighting, or someone could have got on a horse with Carol’s alarm clock and led them away.

No, they can only be led TO the group.  Lol.  Maybe they should have pits like Woodbury did?  

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Along with the other points I made, that really makes me the TPTB are molding Aaron in the image of Rick the Great.

So when does Aaron have a kid to shoot in the eye?  😆

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Smad said:

Interesting to read that some people have already seen episode 3 (according to youtube comments). Was this episode leaked by mistake or was there a screening for it?

The opening minutes of E3 are out there, that coupled with the leaks from spoiling dead are probably what people are talking about.

Ep 04 press release,

‘Negan feels the brunt of the Alexandrians' fears as their paranoia of the Whisperers grows; a safety issue catches the group off guard at Hilltop.”

Well that wouldn’t be the first time would it? 🙄

• LOL 2
16 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Ep 04 press release,

‘Negan feels the brunt of the Alexandrians' fears as their paranoia of the Whisperers grows; a safety issue catches the group off guard at Hilltop.”

Well that wouldn’t be the first time would it? 🙄

When hasn’t ANY kind of safety issue caught the group off-guard at Hilltop?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Did anyone bring them over? I haven't seen them yet.

The minutes are 14 posts above, ‘NoDorothyParker’ normally posts the leaks, but nothing as yet.

Edited by OoohMaggie

Here you go.  From TSDF Army.  Q&A Episode 10.3 "Ghosts"

1. What communities do we see and what is their storyline?

Only Alexandria. Mainly Daryl, Carol, Michonne, Aaron, Negan, Gabriel, Siddiq, Rosita and Eugene. The first plot point is them battling large groups of walkers coming from many different directions for 44 hours straight. The second is seven people including Daryl, Carol, and Michonne meeting Alpha at the border with the stakes.

2. In a sneak peek we see Carol off on her own in a dark building. Where is she and what is she doing?

She's not "on her own" per se. After the meeting at the border, they end up spending the night in an abandoned school campus. Carol takes the first watch for the night, that's where she wanders off. She goes to the gym of the school and steps on a trap that has her hanging upside down at the end of a rope. She then has to fight off a bunch of walkers and cuts her arm on a shard of glass in the process. There is one important detail here: When Carol is first caught in the trap, hanging upside down, a lone figure that looks like a walker approaches, but as it gets closer, it's implied that it's a Whisperer. Carol has a knife and she swings it, and the figure dodges. It turns around and walks away, actual walkers start coming in, Carol then cuts the rope, falls, impales herself, and proceeds to kill them.

3. Carol has to "deal with her past losses." What does that mean?

She mainly sees "hallucinations" of Henry. She also picks up a Home Economics book that was on the floor at the school. It has what looks like a SAHM and her kids around a table on the cover, and when she looks at the book again, she sees herself as the mom and from what I can tell; Sophia, Lizzie, Mika and Henry as the kids, all looking like corpses.

4. Do we see how Aaron gets his mace hand?

We see him removing his regular apparatus at the end of his prosthetic arm and putting on the mace-head instead while getting ready to go out and fight walkers as he is tasked with getting rid of the herd coming in from the south.

5. Who does Negan interact with in this episode? Is he given more to do besides sit in a cell or pick vegetables?

Negan only interacts with Gabriel and Aaron. Gabriel orders him to go out with Aaron despite objections from both. "You can fight. You are low on fighters. Peanut butter, meet jelly." Negan is given a broomstick, later finds an iron crowbar, but Aaron doesn't allow him to use it. They have a conversation about the past where Negan tells Aaron that he did what he had to do in order to protect what was his to keep it from eventually becoming someone else's. When he says "that's your duty as a man", Aaron replies by asking him if he means the loss of Eric was Aaron's fault. He then proceeds to tell him that if so, the loss of Negan's wife was in turn Negan's fault. He says that she died hating him, and that he's never going to see her again. During this conversation, they are attacked by walkers that are covered in hogweed which causes Aaron to lose his eyesight. He finds his way to an abandoned house where Negan eventually saves him from the walkers. Negan keeps watch until sunrise and Aaron gains his eyesight back.

6. Do we see anyone suffering PTSD or stress other than Carol?

Yes, we see Siddiq having a rough moment in the middle of a town meeting at Alexandria and storms out saying he needs to get some air, and once again when Carol is brought in with the shard of glass in her arm. He and Dante are examining the wound, Siddiq asks Dante to clamp while he removes the shard. He becomes distressed and can't do it. Dante tells him he's not okay, and that Siddiq should clamp and Dante should remove the shard. Afterwards, Michonne asks him if he's okay, he brushes it off, and him and Dante also have a heart to heart over moonshine when Dante tells him about his experience in Iraq as a field medic.

7. How is Coco?

She's apparently sleeping at Barbara's. Eugene asking Rosita her whereabouts prompts a harsh conversation between the two. Rosita tells him that she doesn't need his protection, that he's not Coco's father, that nothing's ever going to happen between them, and that she needs him to hear that. Eugene tells her that their whole friendship was based on him mistakenly thinking that he could one day convince her otherwise. "What kind of a friend is that?" he says, and he leaves.

8. How does Carol deal with being face to face with Alpha and seeing the pikes again?

She disobeys Alpha's order on having their weapons laid down on the ground for the meeting and packs a hidden revolver beforehand. When Alpha tells her that Henry screamed out Carol's name just before they took his head, she actually shoots at her! Daryl intervenes, causing her to miss.

9. How does Daryl/Michonne handle the confrontation? Are they still willing to respect the borders?

A big yes to the second part. At the town meeting, despite objections from mainly the Highwaymen who say they want justice and that they should cut off Alpha's head, Michonne asks Daryl how many walkers there are in Alpha's herd. When he says he saw tens of thousands of them, she tells everyone that they have no way of dealing with that kind of a threat. She says that right now, all Alpha wants to do is talk, and that they are going to listen. She also apologizes on behalf of Carol after she attempts to shoot Alpha.

10. Who all is at the border meeting and what happens?

By Michonne's account, seven people in total, I don't recognize the other four. Other than what I've mentioned above, Michonne tells Alpha that they trespassed only once because of the fire, but Alpha reveals that they know about their previous trespasses as well, three in total. "We are always watching." But "she considers context", so "there will be no bloodshed this time". Instead, they want land. Her request prompts Carol to say that this cuts off the group's hunting ground, and that "they don't have to stand there and listen to this…" She is interrupted by Michonne who yells "Carol", but Alpha approaches her and asks "to this what". When Carol says "to this bullshit", Daryl says they're done and that they're leaving, but Alpha says they are not done, "not until this one lowers her eyes to my feet". When that obviously doesn't happen, she tells Carol that she should fear her. Carol says she doesn't, that "she looks at her and feels nothing", and that's where Alpha says the thing about Henry and the attempted murder of Alpha happens. Michonne apologizes; "I apologize for my friend. We have not slept, and you know what she lost." Alpha then says that she forgives her, "mother to mother", that this is her land now and they should run.

11. What’s Dog up to in this episode? Is he still a good boy?

We only see Alexandria, so no Dog, unfortunately!

12. How much do we see of the waves of walkers Alpha keeps sending to Alexandria? Are they easily defeated or does Alexandria run into complications?

Gamma claims that this is not the Whisperers' doing. Lydia also feels the same way; when asked for her opinion at the meeting, she says that if Alpha wanted them dead, she would send the entire horde, all of it, not just one wave at a time like this. Still, fighting off the walkers for 44 hours straight of course takes its toll on everyone. At the same meeting, Eugene tries to say something about the satellite and the fire, implying that it might be the cause of the disturbance with the walkers, but he's interrupted by a female member of the Highwaymen who says she no longer wants to hear about the satellite and that they should go to the border and "take that lead bitch's head off".

13. Do we see Gamma in this episode? What is she doing?

Yes, she comes to Alexandria to tell the group to go to the border, lay down their weapons and wait for Alpha. She also tells them that the Whisperers are not responsible for the waves of walkers. That's it.

14. What pills is Carol taking? What are they for?

No specific details on this. She comments that "they are like coffee". Amphetamines maybe? She also tells Daryl that she can't sleep, but the pills are always alluded to be something to keep you awake, not help you sleep. She's shown to finish a whole bottle.

15. Do we see any flashbacks?

No flashbacks.

16. Does anyone die?

Just a bunch of walkers.

17. How does the episode end?

After the meeting at the border, while the group is on their way back, Carol sees three Whisperers and shoots in their general direction. The group starts looking for them, but they find no trace of them at all. At the end of the episode, back at Alexandria, Carol and Michonne talk, Carol says she saw them, Michonne replies "Only you did." After that, Carol goes outside to talk to Daryl, she tells him that Michonne doesn't believe her and asks if he does, Daryl replies "yes". After this, we are back at the school gym, we see the dead walkers that Carol killed, the camera picks up and follows a blood trail, which leads to apparently a Whisperer lying down on the floor, opening its eyes. That is the last frame.

18. Anything else interesting in this episode?

A scene I found interesting and liked takes place at the school while Carol is on first watch. Daryl comes in and starts telling Carol a story about his father. He says that he was a truck driver and used to tell him and Merle crazy stories all the time. He talks about one instance when his father thought he saw a crying girl walking in front of his truck on the freeway. He says he got out of the truck, called the police and looked for the girl everywhere, but she was nowhere to be found, because there was no girl. Then he tells her that his father didn't sleep much either, and when you don't get enough sleep, you start seeing things. Carol says that "She's not a meth-snorting truck driver like... Not that your dad... I'm sorry." After this, Daryl apparently leaves, and Carol hears something and also leaves the room to investigate. She looks inside one of the classrooms through a window on the door, and when she turns around, we see Henry inside, behind her, with a gash on his throat, saying "Mom". Carol turns around, there's nothing there. Then we hear Daryl's voice saying "hey", and Carol snaps back, still in the previous room. Daryl asks her where she's been, and seeing that she looks confused, he tells her that she's been gone half an hour. Carol says she thought she heard something and went to investigate. When Daryl looks at her suspiciously, she tells him that "this is not like his truck driver father who's seeing ghosts", to which Daryl replies "My dad wasn't a truck driver."

Still haven't gotten around to watching this past week and probably won't as it doesn't sound like I missed much.  As much as a ride or die Carol girl as I've always been, I'm not all that excited about this one either as it's apparently her turn to channel Rick to spin the big wheel o' crazy and make terrible inexplicable decisions.  Although at least she's not shooting out windows or fighting junkyard zombies in her underwear yet, so I guess that's something.  I'm also becoming increasingly exhausted by the idea that as much as the show made Rick a hopelessly naive "can't we all just get along and sing Kumbaya with Negan" bubblehead as he headed toward his exit, they're doing the same thing to Michonne by having her meekly kowtow to these idiots over and over again on her way out the door, even if I sort of understand why she feels like has to try to keep the peace.

And really, show, another character temporarily goes blind and then miraculously gets his sight back?  Is he going to have temporary amnesia too like it's a daytime soap?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

As much as a ride or die Carol girl as I've always been, I'm not all that excited about this one either as it's apparently her turn to channel Rick to spin the big wheel o' crazy and make terrible inexplicable decisions. 

Interesting. I'm on the opposite side I think it sounds really good but, I love a Carol story.

I'm also at a loss for why people are just letting Alpha push them around. Kill her, the rest will crumble.

I have no idea how this will play out and don't read the comics but, Carol and Negan should team up to take out Alpha and the Whisperers. They apparently are the only ones crazy/ballsy enough to do it. 😁 

ETA: Forgot to say Thanks for posting!

Edited by Morrigan2575
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

4. Do we see how Aaron gets his mace hand?

We see him removing his regular apparatus at the end of his prosthetic arm and putting on the mace-head instead while getting ready to go out and fight walkers as he is tasked with getting rid of the herd coming in from the south.

So...judging by the non-sequitur answer I guess we don't see? I kind of doubt those "mace-heads" came with screwtops.

Negan is given a broomstick, later finds an iron crowbar, but Aaron doesn't allow him to use it. They have a conversation about the past where Negan tells Aaron that he did what he had to do in order to protect what was his to keep it from eventually becoming someone else's. When he says "that's your duty as a man", Aaron replies by asking him if he means the loss of Eric was Aaron's fault.

A broomstick?😄I hope it's been sharpened at least?  I must say, in this exchange (in the vid I posted) Aaron sounds like a weepy, "I know you are but what am I?" high school kid who is being bullied. Come on, Aaron. If you want to replace Rick you need to do better than that. Make some threats, even if they're all empty ones, just like Rick's.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Daryl comes in and starts telling Carol a story about his father. He says that he was a truck driver and used to tell him and Merle crazy stories all the time.

Oh, god. I never thought I'd have to say this, but "Shut up, Daryl."

3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:
4 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

When he says "that's your duty as a man", Aaron replies by asking him if he means the loss of Eric was Aaron's fault.

A broomstick?😄I hope it's been sharpened at least?  I must say, in this exchange (in the vid I posted) Aaron sounds like a weepy, "I know you are but what am I?" high school kid who is being bullied. Come on, Aaron. If you want to replace Rick you need to do better than that. Make some threats, even if they're all empty ones, just like Rick's.

Is Aaron under the impression that Negan is going to know or even care who Eric was?  I watch the show and it took me a minute to remember.  Oh yeah, your boyfriend/partner who got killed in one of the many many shoot 'em ups during the Savior war where it was impossible to figure out who was shooting at who.  I think he made Daryl spaghetti once.

The show's apparently under the impression we need to see Negan doing some more dick measuring against another male character, and since they've killed off practically all the named ones but eunuchs like Eugene and Daryl, Aaron it is.  Hopefully his arm comes with a Swiss army knife attachment.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Is Aaron under the impression that Negan is going to know or even care who Eric was? 

That's what I was trying to figure out. Really? Are we expected to believe Negan is throwing shade over someone who has been dead for over ten years and who I was sure, although my memory is not reliable, Negan never met? Negan didn't even personally bash his head in either.

22 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

I think he made Daryl spaghetti once.

He did and I think we noted at the time Aaron and Eric were quite bemused at this leather-clad, bike-riding "rough trade" guy eating like a wild animal at their table.

24 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

The show's apparently under the impression we need to see Negan doing some more dick measuring against another male character

Aaron's not up for it. Even with all his Rick-like accouterments, he's no Ricky G. Funny, because for quite a while Aaron became my favorite character, until Show turned him into yet another brain-dead, bumbling moron who seemingly has forgotten everything he learned in the last 12 or years. He looks pathetic in that clip.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

until Show turned him into yet another brain-dead, bumbling moron who seemingly has forgotten everything he learned in the last 12 or years. He looks pathetic in that clip.

Indeed, is that the 2nd or 3rd time we’ve seen him wrestling with a Walker recently? I suppose we should cut him some slack, it’s just bad luck being stalked by the only two silent Walkers in the show’s history.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/16/2019 at 1:18 PM, OoohMaggie said:

So Carol’s got a hidden gun, with viable ammunition, which basically asks the question, why aren’t all the groups armed to the teeth? With enough firepower to send The Whisperers into the next life enveloped in a cloud of gun smoke. One minute Eugene is the ‘Saviour’ of the Saviours with his knowledge of ammunition, yet when the people who he apparently cares about are in dire straits, they have to rely upon arrows and the tactics of the Roman legions. 🤔

What happened to Eugene's bullet making business?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

it’s just bad luck being stalked by the only two silent Walkers in the show’s history.

We've seen stealth walkers quite a few times and nearly always in the woods. If Plot needs it, no one can hear  or see walkers stumbling through the forest, cracking twigs, moaning, growling and banging into trees until it's too late and the walkers are literally on top of them eating their faces off. Aaron is just lucky TBTB don't want him dead yet.

In the above clip at 0:33 I swear Negan is thinking, "Who the fuck is Eric?"

Edited by AngelaHunter
correction
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

Rescue the leader’s child from a blizzard

Save, then protect a blind man all night

Two steps on the path of redemption, I wonder what’s next

Have an opportunity to compare his genitals to something and not do it?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Rescue the leader’s child from a blizzard

Save, then protect a blind man all night

Two steps on the path of redemption, I wonder what’s next

Either deliver a baby or save a fuzzy animal from drowning in a raging river.  Dog, you're up!

10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

In the above clip at 0:33 I swear Negan is thinking, "Who the fuck is Eric?"

That was pretty much my response, too.  Sadly, my only reaction to Eric's death was "Great!  Now we can finally get to the Aaron/Jesus goodness!"  Thanks for nothing, Show.  And I mean that.  Literally.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2