Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

So I stopped the preview clip just in time to see a close up of the USA sailboat and a lady with long dark hair is on it with a guy. Is that Maggie? (at 12-13 second mark in clip above). No, it actually looks like Michonne and the guy Judith takes down later in the clip.

ALso, Daryl is punching Dante. So the jig is up for him. I figured based on that clip where Rosita goes to Siddiq's and Dante is there and Siddiq turns while they are talking so she'll know he killed him. Later in clip, Dante is in the jail with Gabriel. Roh ruh, Dante, you done pissed off Gabe bringing out his dark sided Father Evil.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 3

The Dante clip goes to some lengths to explain HOW he got into Alexandria, which I know is something we were all wondering about given that a major plot point last season was how distrustful of outsiders they had been and that their guard really should have been up after Pikefest.  (But no, let's take in a whole 'nother group of people right now while we know this other group of people just snuck in and killed a bunch of us.)  It still gives us nothing to make sense of WHY Dante would do this.  Alpha says Lydia doesn't know him, which suggests he's probably fairly new.  So it's not like he's been roaming with these whackadoos for awhile and is all in on the lifestyle.  He's certainly seemed to enjoy all the perks of civilization while living at Alexandria.  So he does this and his big reward is going to be ... to get to go back and sleep in the woods and eat worms?

As with much about the Whisperers themselves, it all falls apart when you have to think about the WHY of any of it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

The Dante clip goes to some lengths to explain HOW he got into Alexandria, which I know is something we were all wondering about given that a major plot point last season was how distrustful of outsiders they had been and that their guard really should have been up after Pikefest.  (But no, let's take in a whole 'nother group of people right now while we know this other group of people just snuck in and killed a bunch of us.)  It still gives us nothing to make sense of WHY Dante would do this.  Alpha says Lydia doesn't know him, which suggests he's probably fairly new.  So it's not like he's been roaming with these whackadoos for awhile and is all in on the lifestyle.  He's certainly seemed to enjoy all the perks of civilization while living at Alexandria.  So he does this and his big reward is going to be ... to get to go back and sleep in the woods and eat worms?

As with much about the Whisperers themselves, it all falls apart when you have to think about the WHY of any of it.

The only why I can think of is that Alpha secretly wants to take over and live in a community with all those perks. And run it dictator (Negan) style. She is using her whisperers to get there. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lamima said:

it actually looks like Michonne and the guy Judith takes down later in the clip.

His name’s Virgil, I don’t read the comics so have no idea as to what he’s about, Michonne has to have a reason for her forthcoming actions, maybe he’s it.

B5CDC62B-E20D-4531-9571-664CFDE2D31E.jpeg

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lamima said:

The only why I can think of is that Alpha secretly wants to take over and live in a community with all those perks. And run it dictator (Negan) style.

I think she’s traveled too far down the Looney Tune highway to about turn and live a ‘normal’ life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 11/18/2019 at 11:11 AM, OoohMaggie said:

His name’s Virgil, I don’t read the comics so have no idea as to what he’s about, Michonne has to have a reason for her forthcoming actions, maybe he’s it.

B5CDC62B-E20D-4531-9571-664CFDE2D31E.jpeg

I hope Virgil stays the fuck away from Carol.  She's worse than prostate cancer to a Black man and I'm sick of seeing brothers fall for Carol's sake.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 11/18/2019 at 10:05 AM, nodorothyparker said:

So it's not like he's been roaming with these whackadoos for awhile and is all in on the lifestyle.  He's certainly seemed to enjoy all the perks of civilization while living at Alexandria.  So he does this and his big reward is going to be ... to get to go back and sleep in the woods and eat worms?

No kidding. He's certainly old enough to well remember living like a person with all kinds of amenities like running water, no lice, and beds with pillows. There's even an opening now in Rosita's little stable and seeing the above clip he may have thought of that as well. He's willing to let it all go, for the glory of making that dirty little loon proud of him?

• LOL 3

No full write up yet from the folks over at TSDF Army for the midseason finale, but they did drop these nuggets:

- Rosita has to kill walker Siddiq.

- Dante is found out and interrogated.

- Gabriel kills Dante very abruptly.

- Michonne sails away with newcomer Virgil to an island where they supposedly have enough weapons to take out Alpha and the horde. This is the motivation for leaving, to get help.

- Luke has a close call, but doesn’t die thanks to Virgil saving his life.

- Gamma tells Aaron that her real name is Mary and that the baby they took in is her nephew, this all seems to be very sincere, and she apparently tells him where the horde is, but when they get to the spot, it's no longer there.

- They see Alpha when they get there and Carol takes off after her. The others (Daryl, Connie, Kelly, Jerry, Aaron, and Magna) follow. They all fall in a cave. Nobody is hurt. The ending is the revelation of hundreds or maybe thousands of zombies inside the cave.

So the ending is Our Heroes in a giant hole, part 2.  Seriously.

• Love 2

The others (Daryl, Connie, Kelly, Jerry, Aaron, and Magna) follow. They all fall in a cave.

TPTB seem to be really trying to get into the comedy racket.

2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

So the ending is Our Heroes in a giant hole, part 2.  Seriously.

You'd think Daryl at least would be more wary of falling in holes since he knows nothing good comes of it.

2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Connie, Kelly, Jerry, Aaron, and Magna

They ALL fall in the hole? No shit? Well, live and learn, I guess. I suppose this means more eps in total darkness.

• LOL 3
14 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

- Rosita has to kill walker Siddiq.

Obviously, Coco, daddy’s got to go see Maggie now, coochy coo 🧟‍♂️

- Dante is found out and interrogated.

I hope Daryl starts with those teeth 🦷

- Gabriel kills Dante very abruptly.

Abruptly? I can’t wait, tell me more tell me more 😛

- Michonne sails away with newcomer Virgil to an island where they supposedly have enough weapons to take out Alpha and the horde. This is the motivation for leaving, to get help.

Where is this island, Oahu? I suppose the show’s tried a little harder than “Someplace far” 🤔

- Luke has a close call, but doesn’t die thanks to Virgil saving his life.

I hate this new guy already 😡

- Gamma tells Aaron that her real name is Mary and that the baby they took in is her nephew, this all seems to be very sincere, and she apparently tells him where the horde is, but when they get to the spot, it's no longer there.

Aaahh, that’s my Mother’s name, you only have to snap a twig to become surrounded with Walkers, now they can’t see, smell or hear a horde! 🙄

- They see Alpha when they get there and Carol takes off after her. The others (Daryl, Connie, Kelly, Jerry, Aaron, and Magna) follow. They all fall in a cave. Nobody is hurt. The ending is the revelation of hundreds or maybe thousands of zombies inside the cave.

I suppose the undead beat Tarantulas (Tarzan) or rapidly approaching Lava (also Tarzan). Let’s see how they ramp up the tension with that one, and explain how six people manage to ‘fall’ into a cave already full of Walkers, I’m not sure if it’s that, or FG acting Abruptly that’s making me drool. 🤤

At what point does a hole in the ground become a cave?

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 2
8 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

They ALL fall in the hole? No shit? Well, live and learn, I guess. I suppose this means more eps in total darkness.

I hope this at least provides Aaron the opportunity to use his ‘Bat’ utility arm, did he bring the hole escape attachment?

• LOL 3

They're apparently in the part of Virginia that had a swamp somewhere between the communities that Daryl, Dwight, and Tara got lost in a season or two ago and then was never mentioned again.  It's close enough to the ocean for Oceanside to exist and and now an island somewhere far over there.  It's flat and fertile enough to support an old plantation like Hilltop, and now we learn it also has caves big enough to hide a megaherd.  Sure, why not?

• LOL 2
42 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

and now an island somewhere far over there.

Maybe they’ll wash up on ‘The Land That Time Forgot’, we’ll see Michonne battling T-Rex and watch Virgil being fed to a nest of baby Pterodactyls, now that I would pay to see! 🦖

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

It's flat and fertile enough to support an old plantation like Hilltop, and now we learn it also has caves big enough to hide a megaherd.  Sure, why not?

Luray Caverns?

• Love 3
20 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Michonne sails away with newcomer Virgil to an island where they supposedly have enough weapons to take out Alpha and the horde. This is the motivation for leaving, to get help.

So let’s leave the big arsed fishing boat behind, we’ll take the toy boat with enough room for a catapult and a few pebbles! Hawaii here we come!

ABA01108-EF8C-4F72-AA5A-7E2CF0583BEC.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

So let’s leave the big arsed fishing boat behind, we’ll take the toy boat with enough room for a catapult and a few pebbles! Hawaii here we come!

OMG! Does this mean she’s left the brat behind? A whole season of listening to her, Aaaaaaggggggghhhhhhhh 🔪🔫

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

We've had to watch one character or another literally or figuratively lug Judith around for seven seasons.  We'd never get rid of her that easy. You know damn well cuddly Uncle Negan is going to end up raising both of the Grimes spawn before this is all over with so he can check that box off on his big redemption tour too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

ABA01108-EF8C-4F72-AA5A-7E2CF0583BEC.jpeg

Is this from the show? A boat with all those pristine, white, impeccable sails?

• LOL 1

Okay, so spoilers from TSDF Army after all.

Q&A for S10.E08, "The World Before" or alternatively The One Where Our Gang Ends the Half Season Falling Down a Giant Hole Full of Walkers and All Those Other Side Plots Didn't Add Up to Crap

1. What happens with walker Siddiq?

Rosita showing up at Siddiq's door, right before Dante stabs dead Siddiq in the head is the opening scene of the episode. While they are talking at the door, Rosita seems to hear growls coming from the inside and becomes suspicious. When Dante picks up on that, he reveals that he has a knife. Rosita puts baby Coco in a bathtub, and they get into a fight. Dante overpowers Rosita at first, but she manages to stab him, goes to kill walker Siddiq just in time before he reaches baby Coco in the bathtub, comes back to knock Dante out cold.

2. How is Dante dealt with? What prompts Daryl to punch him? How does he die?

Daryl's punch is the opening scene of the aftermath of Q1. Since the punch is the very first shot, we don't see why Daryl throws it. He then says, "I hope that hurts." Dante tells them how the plan was to encourage their paranoia about the Whisperers. He is shown to be responsible for the Silence The Whispers graffiti, the undrinkable water, and Cheryl's death (he suffocated her with a pillow). Later on, Gabriel goes to his cell, gives him a whole speech on how people maybe don't deserve a second chance but sometimes get one anyway, and very unexpectedly stabs him, many many times to death.

3. What happened to Lydia? Does she return to Alexandria or her mother?

We don't see Lydia in this episode.

4. Does Daryl know what happened with Carol & Lydia? What is his reaction?

Daryl is incredibly supportive of Carol. I found it interesting that Daryl is the one telling Carol how Lydia's being there protects them, and Carol is the one telling Daryl that that shouldn't be Lydia's only function to them. There is no specific mention of what happened with Carol going against Daryl's wishes.

5. Does Aaron say anything to anyone about Gamma/Mary?

Yes, he does tell the group that they have been meeting, that the baby Connie saved is her nephew, and he takes them to where Mary says the horde is.

6. What prompts the group of Daryl, Carol, Aaron, Connie, Jerry, Kelly and Magna to be out and about?

First, to go and check out where Gamma says the horde is. Second, to look for Lydia. But they can't get to the latter due to unforeseen circumstances.

7. Why are Rosita and Eugene outside the walls fighting walkers?

Rosita hears one walker banging its head against the walls and goes out to kill a few of them to blow off steam, apparently. But when a walker approaches her from behind, she has flashbacks of Dante attacking her, Coco crying and Walker Siddiq being all zombified, so she has a hard time getting rid of the walker. Eugene, who happens to be passing by, helps her. It is revealed that he intends to make Hilltop his home now. He kindly says condolences to Rosita, but he leaves a bit abruptly without offering her much else, seemingly leaving Rosita disappointed.

8. Does Eugene have anymore contact with his new radio gal pal?

No.

9. What do Carol and Ezekiel talk about?

Siddiq's death and the mission to find Alpha's horde. When Carol asks him if everything else is okay, he pauses and simply says "good luck." That's it.

10. We see Daryl hugging Carol in the trailer. What are the circumstances surrounding that?

Daryl being unhappy with Carol putting herself in danger over how much she wants Alpha dead. He tells her that she needs to try and talk to him about things, and to not let Alpha take away their future too.

11. What's Alpha doing?

Alpha shows herself to Carol and lures her towards what seems to be a cave. When everyone else follows her, they all fall inside to see a whole bunch of zombies in a sunken area, with no way out in sight. Whether Gamma led them there on purpose or not is not revealed, but there is someone watching them from behind the trees when they go to where she said the horde would be and argue over false information, with Aaron telling them that he still believes that Gamma told him the truth.

12. Do we see Negan at all?

Nope.

13. What's happening at Oceanside?

Apparently, there is someone who has been messing with the security system. This turns out to be Virgil trying to steal a boat to get back to his wife and children after having left his home looking for supplies.

14. What is Virgil’s story?

When Luke, Michonne, Scott and Judith are on their way to Oceanside, Judith reveals that she has been writing down an account of everything that's happening in their lives, and Luke suggests that they stop at a library on the way to get some reference books for Judith. While at the library, he's attacked by two walkers and saved by a stranger. When they get to Oceanside, it turns out that this was Virgil, actually causing problems over there while saving Luke's life. Michonne questions him on where he lives, he tells her that he lives on an island two days away and that maybe they can help each other.

15. Why does Michonne leave on a boat?

It turns out that Virgil lives on a naval base, and he offers Michonne use of the weapons there in exchange for her taking him back home. Michonne tells him that the weapons will cover the damage he caused at Oceanside, and she has to take him home and bring the boat back to them. She explains to Judith that the weapons they have over there might be big enough to take out Alpha's horde once and for all and end the war. Judith agrees, and Michonne and Virgil take off.

16. Is Beta in this episode?

No.

17. Who all dies?

Dante and some walkers.

18. Does anything else interesting happen?

A few things:

- We see how Alpha puts Dante up to the task of infiltrating Alexandria four months ago. We find out that he had a son who was killed by walkers. Alpha also specifically states that Lydia doesn't know Dante.

- Gamma tells Aaron that the baby they rescued is her nephew. She tells him where she thinks the horde is with hopes of seeing the child in return for the intel.

- Aaron and Gracie have a nice scene where Aaron tells her about some of his past experiences.

- Dog isn't seen in this episode.

- Judith has a bunch of scenes, and she actually stops Virgil from running away, earning a compliment from him on how good she is with the sword.

- Rosita and Holy G have a bit of an argument that can be interpreted in two different ways: I think some will say that Gabriel is being dismissive (which is what Rosita thinks), and some will say that Rosita is overreacting to her encounter with the walkers by underestimating herself too much (which is what Gabriel thinks). But my opinion is that there is an explicit effort with the writing to make him come off as dismissive, and this combined with Eugene's sort-of-dismissal of Rosita makes me wonder if they are planning on taking the now-triangle of love in a different direction.

19. How does the episode end?

With the revelation of a whole damn zombie apocalypse of its own inside the cave.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Is it wrong that I'm dearly hoping there's some kind of rock chute or slide involved?

Ooh, we need something like what happens in wild adventure movies, as in they're all standing there, leaning over and asking each other, "Is that a cave?" and Beta sneaks up behind them and shoves a log along the ground that sweeps them all off their feet so they're straddling the log and they all fly down the chute, screaming like riders on a roller coaster. I'm in for that.

• Love 1

- Aaron and Gracie have a nice scene where Aaron tells her about some of his past experiences.

"So, Sweetie, want to hear about how Daddy got lost in the woods and got all dehydrated? Or you want to hear how I fell in the patch of giant hog weed right after I poured out my innermost feelings to Uncle Negan? Or even the time our Great Mythical Leader, RickyG, punched me right in my face and made me eat a spoonful of yucky, icky applesauce?"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Gabriel goes to his cell, gives him a whole speech on how people maybe don't deserve a second chance but sometimes get one anyway, and very unexpectedly stabs him, many many times to death.

I hope we’re getting BadAss FG back, Amen to that!

9 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

We find out that he had a son who was killed by walkers

Well that explains his desire to become one then, glad they cleared that up 🤔

• LOL 1
11 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Ooh, we need something like what happens in wild adventure movies,

Carol ‘fell’ for the old rope Loop on the floor ploy, maybe we’ll see Elpha with a big red trapdoor lever in her hand ,

7BA41730-6007-46EF-8DCE-C9F8C6DF3D96.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

Mmm,mmmmmm, where did this Amazon come from? 🥰

9F3C7BA9-1E65-4219-9953-6A0672635DAC.jpeg

Apparently her name is Rachel, and she certainly slipped beneath my radar 😱

I believe that's at Oceanside, and that's the Rachel who had a running hatefest going with Tara; she grew up good.

• LOL 1
43 minutes ago, maystone said:

I believe that's at Oceanside, and that's the Rachel who had a running hatefest going with Tara; she grew up good.

Wow, that was the kid who nearly killed Tara? Ooohhh, Yeah your right, and she certainly did “grow up good” 😛

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Who the fuck is "DJ"? 🤔

He was also in cahoots with Jed, who opposed Carol and put her in some unpleasant situations, DJ was a Negan bad boy, D.J. is just to the right of Carol’s gun, the gun being aimed at Jed.

44E0A2DD-71D5-452C-B963-3914C79D1CA0.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

He was the former Savior who followed Michonne around as a second after the big time skip and looked good in a henley.  And that's pretty much his entire character.

It seems I missed quite a bit:

Though he ultimately fell, D.J.'s actions along with that of Ozzy and Alek gave the captives a chance to fight back in a heroic last stand, something that D.J. is remembered for.

I'll take their word for it. And I have no idea who the fuck "Ozzy" and "Alek" are. Were. Oh, well.

shrug.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Well, guess he’s already covered for this year’s Christmas card photo....  😆

🤣 Maybe we can include his most well-known words:

"Damn. Need to get me one of those."

—D.J. impressed by Ozzy's use of a pipe wrench as a weapon

R.I.P. DJ, whoever the hell you were.

3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

They died heroically, albeit stupidly, so they deserve a final Hurrah!

745F5060-7BD7-490B-81D5-02A0A81FAA59.png
Alex

F9D4DE8C-35D8-42CD-A437-964FC953FCDC.png
Ozzy

Rip Black Bart & Gang 🐴

Okay! The Cowboys/Highwaymen. They came and went so fast I have only the vaguest memory of them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

—D.J. impressed by Ozzy's use of a pipe wrench as a weapon

Big wrenches seem to be De rigueur in the ZA, don’t see the appeal myself, let’s see if he’s got the wrists for the job next year. 👐

215F2253-E258-406E-82DD-D1E2FADCA16A.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 2

The Walking Dead Showrunner on “Worthy” Michonne Exit: “I Just Hope We Didn’t Screw It UP”

Well there’s a first time for everything! I love the way Maggie’s glorious exit wasn’t mentioned, the same day as Big Rick as I remember. I wonder what Lauren’s “back & forth”  with Kang was like when “someplace far” was mentioned, whoops of joy no doubt 🥳

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/11/22/the-walking-dead-showrunner-worthy-exit-danai-gurira-michonne-hope-we-didnt-screw-it-up/

The Walking Dead showrunner Angela Kang says her biggest concern in Season 10, her sophomore effort as showrunner, was giving longtime star Danai Gurira a “worthy exit” in her final season as Michonne. Gurira, who is expected to exit before the season finale after appearing in just a handful of episodes this year, is the second major departure following Rick Grimes star Andrew Lincoln’s mid-season exit a year ago in Season 9. When handling this final story for Gurira’s Michonne, who joined the zombie drama in its third season in 2012, Kang and her writers’ room were careful to exercise the “same kind of seriousness” when handling Lincoln’s departure that spun him off into a forthcoming movie trilogy.

“We’ve been so fortunate to have somebody like Danai playing the role of Michonne, because that character, in the comics, it’s an iconic character in this other medium. And obviously we wanted her to be an iconic character in the TV show,” Kang said on The Hollywood Reporter’s Series Regular podcast. “I think that Danai and just the passion, and the energy, and the intelligence that she brought to the role all these years — that impact has been incredible.”

Like her katana-wielding walker slayer who now serves as chief of Alexandria, Gurira “has been a great leader on set.”

“She’s just a tireless athlete, just threw her all into that aspect of it, and she’s an amazing writer and storyteller in her own right,” Kang said, adding Gurira was “great in terms of being a collaborator when we’re talking about story.”

Kang met with Gurira, an accomplished playwright, for her say in Michonne’s Season 10 story. Gurira previously praised Kang for her collaborative spirit in Gurira’s final season.

“[TWD showrunners] like to have conversations with the actors and just kind of talk to them about where their character’s heads are at, and a lot of times those conversations end up informing the story,” said Kang. “Or sometimes we’ll say, ‘Here’s what we’re working on in the story,’ and the responses back kind of inform things too, or inform the performance. So there’s that back-and-forth which has been really valuable.”

The showrunner and the creative team felt a duty to do right by Gurira and her character as much as they felt a responsibility to the audience who made Michonne a fan-favorite.

“I think for the fandom, they’ve embraced her just as we have, internally, and I think for people who are fans of Michonne, I really hope that we give her a worthy exit,” Kang said. “That’s certainly been heavy on my mind ever since I knew that this would be her last season.”

Beyond appearing as Wakandan warrior Okoye in Marvel Studios blockbusters Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame, Gurira's outside commitments include coming HBO Max series Americanah. Gurira will serve as showrunner for the first time on that series.

“We kind of knew for a bit it was coming — for people who follow any of the entertainment news, they might know that she has had her own show as a writer and showrunner picked up, which is amazing,” Kang said. “She’s an incredible writer, so I’m very excited for her to kind of open that chapter of her life in addition to all of her acting work.”

On wrapping up Michonne’s story in the mothership series, she continued, “We went at it with the same kind of seriousness that we treated Andy’s exit last year.”

“Her character has been so memorable, so I just hope we didn’t screw it up, I don’t know,” Kang said. “I never know until it’s out there, but we know that we’re just excited about the work that Danai did. She’s a powerhouse and a force of nature, and the work that she does on screen is just beautiful and really moving and powerful, I think, throughout.”

Edited by OoohMaggie
On 11/22/2019 at 11:06 AM, nodorothyparker said:

He was the former Savior who followed Michonne around as a second after the big time skip and looked good in a henley.  And that's pretty much his entire character.

What’s a Henley?

• Love 1