Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

He is comical, if nothing else,

A two-minute clip and Negan got a "shit" in. I guess that's a little taste of what's to come. I'm sure he'll get around to telling Elpha about his huge dick and nuts of steel. Can't wait.

2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Daryl looks like Freddie Mercury at a Queen concert

😂🤣😆

From TSDF Army, standard Q & A. Episode 10x09 "Squeeze." 

We apparently are about to find out just how far down the grimy unwashed skin goes.  Buckle up and have a barf bag at the ready.

1. Is Negan with Alpha and the Whisperers when she traps them in the cave?

No.

2. What is Negan's plan when he tells Alpha about Gamma being a spy? Is Gamma in on it? If Gamma isn't in on it, does she find out Negan told Alpha?

No information on any of these situations.

3. Does Alpha trust Negan completely?

At first, she tells him to stop trying to induce paranoia, but once Beta tells her that Gamma is nowhere to be found, she starts thinking that he was right.

4. Can you tell us about Alpha and Negan’s sexy times scene together?

When she takes him to a remote location in the woods, he thinks she's going to kill her. She makes him walk in front of her with eyes forward, asks him to take of his clothes, and when she tells him to turn around, she's naked too. She tells him that he's a crass man, so she thought he would appreciate a crass reward for the information on Gamma. He asks if this is "a praying mantis situation" where she will rip off his head afterwards, but then, he says that it's been a long time and that he'll take his chances. The final shot of this sequence is a wide angle of them from the side, naked bodies pressed together, kissing. And yes, she keeps the skin mask on.

5. How does Beta react to Alpha and Negan becoming so "close"? Does he know? Does anyone?

No knowledge, no reaction. Alpha sends Beta to look for Gamma himself.

6. Do any characters have heart to heart discussions when they realize they are trapped? What do Kelly and Connie talk about?

Daryl and Carol, of course, with Daryl once again being unrealistically mature. When Carol tells him that she wants to “hurt Alpha”, he tells her that he understands and probably would have felt the same way, unless she tried to stop him. He tells her to “quit this” because the people she cares about are starting to get hurt. He repeats that they fight for the future, not for revenge, and gets her to promise she will stop. So she does! (must have had her fingers crossed behind her back) I don't remember any specific dialogue between Kelly and Connie that is worth mentioning. There is a short scene where Kelly asks Connie if she thinks it's day or night, to which Connie says "Try not to think about it."

7. How do the characters remain calm?

There really is no panic except when Carol, who is apparently claustrophobic, gets a little winded. Connie helps her calm down by “drawing” the letters U R OK with her finger in Carol’s palm. I think this is mostly because everyone is convinced there must be a way out since the walkers and the Whisperers must have gotten inside somehow.

8. Which characters take the lead to search for a way out? Do any give up?

No giving up on anyone’s part, quite the opposite, in fact. Daryl is the most active, closely followed by Magna who explains to Aaron that she’s going hard because she isn’t happy about the way she left things with Yumiko.

9. How many walkers are there? Whisperers?

The way the cave sequence is set up is that they move from chamber to chamber. In one of these chambers, Daryl grabs Magna as she was about to act too quickly and fall off a ledge. They look down into the apparent hole, but it’s too dark to see. Daryl sets a small bundle of bushes and branches on fire, drops it down in the hole, and it turns out it’s a huge chasm with maybe thousands of walkers in it. I thought maybe we were being led to believe that this is the infamous horde itself. And there are also Whisperers throughout the cave who meet their untimely deaths at the hands of our heroes.

10. Does Carol take the dynamite behind the others' backs? Was she there when Aaron explains how volatile it is?

Yes and yes, although it’s Jerry who does the explaining, and I think that’s precisely what gets the idea in her head, hearing that the stuff might still be viable.

11. After part of the cave collapses do we see Magna and Connie's POV? Is it suggested at all that we should believe Connie and Magna died from the explosion?

No to them dying. We do see the two of them inside the cave with things seemingly collapsing around them, but no catastrophic images.

12. What’s everyone’s reaction when the cave collapses?

Kelly falls onto her knees and bursts into tears. Daryl immediately goes to clear the rocks that are now covering the exit, Aaron tells him that it would take weeks, so Daryl tells him to “help, then”. Kelly gets up and says “no”. She says that the explosion will attract both walkers and Whisperers, and that they are in no position to fight them where they are. “We can’t save them if we’re dead.”

While Daryl attempts to walk away, completely ignoring and avoiding Carol, she starts crying and begging him to tell her that it was all her fault. “You cared about her, she’s gone, and it’s all because of me, I need you to say it." I thought this was a really powerful scene; he tries to walk away a few times, she tries to hold on to his arm or something to stop him, he pulls back as if disgusted. He never says anything to her. He tells Aaron to go back and let the others know, and he takes off saying that there should still be another way in/out.

13. How's Doggo?

No sight of him on this one, unfortunately.

14. Do we see any other communities in this episode? Or is it just the cave and Whisperers?

No other communities are in this one.

15. Do we see Lydia at all?

Nope.

16. What did you think were the most interesting parts of the episode?

There’s one important thing that I couldn’t make fit into the context of the questions: It’s definitely worth mentioning that Daryl noticed Carol’s absence, went to look for her, found her at the edge of the walker-filled abyss and tried to talk her down YET AGAIN when she said that they could take out half the horde from there. He tells her once again to let go and come back with him please, and then, boom.

At this point, I can't say for sure if she actually shook her head "no" to Daryl and reached for the dynamite on purpose or if she reached for it to get it back because it's dangerous but dropped it unintentionally. I think I'm seeing the head shake but I don't know...

Another important thing here is that Carol seems to be a bit out of it after the explosion, and Connie and Magna actually go back from where they were near the exit, back through the tunnels, to where Daryl and Carol are, with Connie telling Magna that they might need help. The two of them help Daryl and Carol get to the exit. When the only ones left inside are Magna and Connie with Jerry trying to keep the exit open, Whisperers come. Magna goes to fight them and tells Jerry to get out. Connie goes with Magna, Aaron pulls Jerry out, the whole thing collapses.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

She makes him walk in front of her with eyes forward, asks him to take of his clothes, and when she tells him to turn around, she's naked too. She tells him that he's a crass man, so she thought he would appreciate a crass reward for the information on Gamma. He asks if this is "a praying mantis situation" where she will rip off his head afterwards, but then, he says that it's been a long time and that he'll take his chances. The final shot of this sequence is a wide angle of them from the side, naked bodies pressed together, kissing. And yes, she keeps the skin mask on.

Oh, sweet mother of all that's holy, save me from this sight. 

Edited by Superclam
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Superclam said:

You took the words right out of my mouth. I never thought I'd be eternally and pathetically grateful that this show is on AMC and not HBO, where we would be forced to look at both of them starkers and witness the utter depravity of them bumping unwashed uglies in explicit detail. 🤢

Daryl and Carol, of course, with Daryl once again being unrealistically mature.

Didn't we see this uncharacteristic behavior from Daryl just recently, him being all wise and thoughtful? Or was it someone's fantasy or hallucination?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

When she takes him to a remote location in the woods, he thinks she's going to kill her. She makes him walk in front of her with eyes forward, asks him to take of his clothes, and when she tells him to turn around, she's naked too. She tells him that he's a crass man, so she thought he would appreciate a crass reward for the information on Gamma. He asks if this is "a praying mantis situation" where she will rip off his head afterwards, but then, he says that it's been a long time and that he'll take his chances. The final shot of this sequence is a wide angle of them from the side, naked bodies pressed together, kissing. X

season 2 friends GIF

And yes, she keeps the skin mask on.

Oh, of course she does.

• LOL 4
17 hours ago, Superclam said:

A wide angle side shot 😱, they better be holding each other real tight, I don’t want see anyone’s uglies, whether bumping or not.

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

“I'll just say that there's some big stuff and there is a cliffhanger, without getting into what exactly that is," Kang told Entertainment Weekly.

"Stuff" - big stuff. That could mean so many things, most of which I'd rather not contemplate, like Alpha watching Fonzie disrobe: "Thaht's shoah sum big stuff yore packin', boy".

4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

"But I think hopefully it will be exciting."

Kang may be filled with hope, but I think we've become a little cynical about anything rising to the level of "exciting".

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Superclam said:

Well, that was a snooze. I'm going to spoil that sneak peek for everyone: it's dark, and Carol and Daryl speak in hushed tones to each other. 

And they spent hours rehearsing that scene for your enjoyment 🙄

• LOL 4
1 minute ago, OoohMaggie said:

What are Daryl’s first words? Sounds like,
“If only knew what you told me I wouldn’t have shit” I’m sure that can’t be correct 🤔

I just tried three times to understand it. I do not. Seems we're going to need not only night-vision goggles but closed captions as well. Maybe TPTB think if we can't see or hear what's going on we won't know how bad it is.

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I just tried three times to understand it. I do not. Seems we're going to need not only night-vision goggles but closed captions as well. Maybe TPTB think if we can't see or hear what's going on we won't know how bad it is.

No wonder Connie needs that everlasting notebook, even her lip reading skills couldn’t make sense of Daryl’s mumblings.

• LOL 1

Just watched the ‘premier subscriber’ show, apart from that scene it wasn’t bad, definitely need a dark room to watch it in though. There are a few more (above) type clips out there if you can’t wait until tomorrow.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

When you think it can’t get any worse, surprise!

If that's a reward, punishment can't be any less than being drawn and quartered. My eyes are bleeding!! 😵🤮

Free eye bleach for them wot needs it:

puppyop031.jpg

6 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

There are a few more (above) type clips out there if you can’t wait until tomorrow.

I think I can  control myself.😱

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Was incredulous uncomfortable laughter what they were going for?

The husband, who's normally not down for spoilers of any kind, happened to walk into the room while I was watching that.   After a long dear gods, what are you watching pause, his only reaction was that maybe the walker mask was a good choice as it least it has blonde hair to get him going.

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Was incredulous uncomfortable laughter what they were going for?

I'm going to treat this the way I treated the last season of "Dexter" - as though it's a zany comedy. That was the only way I got through it. Record a laugh track and play when applicable.

• LOL 3
3 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I'm going to treat this the way I treated the last season of "Dexter" - as though it's a zany comedy. That was the only way I got through it. Record a laugh track and play when applicable.

Time to break out the “Yakety Sax” again...?

• LOL 3
44 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Free eye bleach for them wot needs it:

It helps, but that final image is seared into the back of my eyeballs, looking at the state of her hand, that must have been a very ‘fragrant’ encounter 🤢

20 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

It helps, but that final image is seared into the back of my eyeballs, looking at the state of her hand, that must have been a very ‘fragrant’ encounter 🤢

And Negan said the Garbage people were disgusting. His standards have slipped a wee bit. My eyes skidded away from that filthy paw. This would turn Daryl's stomach.

2 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

It might not be full justice for the brutal murder of Glenn and Abraham...but it's a step in the right direction.

True. Being forced to be Alpha's stud is indeed dire punishment. Just ask Beta. Now I think I know why he never takes his mask off.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

When you think it can’t get any worse, surprise!

Reveal spoiler

😱 😭 🤢 🤮 

Hey everyone, just wanted to pop in and see if there were spoilers on who made it out of the...OH MY EYES. WHY. WHY.

I still enjoy this show, but on that scene...I got nothing.

Justice for Glenn and Abraham indeed.

• LOL 4
17 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Just watched the ‘premier subscriber’ show, apart from that scene it wasn’t bad, definitely need a dark room to watch it in though. There are a few more (above) type clips out there if you can’t wait until tomorrow.

I just watched it, and I'll share your likely to be unpopular opinion: despite the Negan-Alpha stuff, the episode was actually pretty decent, with a lot of tension and some decent action. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Superclam said:

I just watched it, and I'll share your likely to be unpopular opinion: despite the Negan-Alpha stuff, the episode was actually pretty decent, with a lot of tension and some decent action. 

I can watch it in the dark tonight so hopefully I’ll see all that I missed, maybe the season will go out with an enjoyable run 🤞

• Love 1
3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

maybe the season will go out with an enjoyable run 🤞

It's starting with a "bang",  so to speak. Could be some pleasant surprises heading our way. Yeah, I'm kidding. 

On another note, while watching that sordid scene above it occured to me it put Negan in the position his "wives" were in - being a captive at the mercy of some deranged sadist, forced to strip and coerced into having sex.  Not exactly the same of course, but for once he's getting a little taste of his own medicine.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Not exactly the same of course, but for once he's getting a little taste of his own medicine.

I’m thinking he’s rather enjoying things, not like those poor ‘wives’, now if it was Chewie who was feeling amorous, old Smiley Boy would soon realise what it felt like.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

I’m thinking he’s rather enjoying things, not like those poor ‘wives’

After he realized he wasn't going to be killed, but "rewarded" *shudder* I guess he could get into it if only from sheer relief. After all, he said it's been a long time and any port in a storm. Still, it wasn't his choice and he couldn't be sure she wouldn't bite his head off at the end.

1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

now if it was Chewie who was feeling amorous, old Smiley Boy would soon realise what it felt like.

🤢😆🤣😮

• LOL 1

OK, that last clip ended on a creepy note, but I have questions. How far away was that trailer from the cemetery inside of Alexandria? It had to be a substantial distance or Alexandria would have commandeered it for something. The fact that it was just sitting out in the middle of a large clearing with Whisperers traipsing in and out would seem to be pointing to it being on the Whisperers claimed territory. So if Alpha and the Omegas spent the winter way down south, how did they have the time to dig this apparently huge, very long tunnel. I'm not even going to go into the engineering required . . . mainly because I have no idea of the specifics. But I bet Nashville could clear some of that up. I mean, it has to be high enough so that Beta could at least start walking through it fully upright, and he ain't smol.

And also, I wish that just once when they do the shot of the hand breaking through the sod, the hand would have a sock puppet on it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Oops, forgot the initial reason I came here to post. The following is from an interview Danai did with EW. (The link is in the media thread.):

It’s a late-June afternoon at the Griffin State Probation Office and Day Reporting Center of the Georgia Department of Corrections. But this seemingly abandoned building is bustling with activity…and death. The location is doubling as a research facility and infirmary for a key scene in what will serve as Danai Gurira’s final episode of The Walking Dead. And the actress, who for eight years has wowed fans as Michonne, is not going out without a fight.

Could this be run by the group that took off with Rick? Although the scene shows Michonne fending off about 20 walkers, so maybe it's just an abandoned lab that she stumbled across. BTW, the article made a point of not revealing what episode this is.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, maystone said:

BTW, the article made a point of not revealing what episode this is.

From ComicBook,

Gurira won't reappear until 1012, "What We Become," airing March 8. "Michonne takes Virgil back to his island to find his family; in exchange, Virgil offers weapons," reads the synopsis for what is expected to be Gurira's exit episode.

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2020/02/23/the-walking-dead-when-is-michonne-next-episode-michonne-returns-dana-gurira-final-episode/