Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

There seems to be a very strange Triumvirate relationship going on with Rosita, with Father PP, Eugene and Siddiq,

Oh, Rosita! I know the pickins would be slim after an apocalypse, but you disappoint me.  I could understand her thing with Hellboy - self-preservation is the most powerful drive we have and he, a strong, fearless, ex-military soldier type was a smart choice to help her stay alive, but this? I don't know what to say. ☹

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

There seems to be a very strange Triumvirate relationship going on with Rosita, with Father PP, Eugene and Siddiq

Damn Rosita.

As much as I hate that monologuing blowhard F*er, even Negan has to look somewhat appetizing if those are your limited choices.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

but this? I don't know what to say. ☹

Maybe she's being smarter than we think, a Doctor, a guy who knows most things about most things, and will ensure you've always got lights and hot water and...……………………………………..no, nothing for FPP...…….ooh he could perform the christening! 

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Maybe she's being smarter than we think, a Doctor, a guy who knows most things about most things, and will ensure you've always got lights and hot water and...……………………………………..no, nothing for FPP...…….ooh he could perform the christening! 

FFP could keep an eye out for trouble.

• LOL 3
23 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

It was always a strange desire for a child of my age, but watching the irritating Housekeeper Alice, being slowly devoured by a group of the undead would have, and does get my full approval, count me in 😈

Out of my entire T-shirt collection this one has consistently garnered its own fan base at every metal festival it’s been worn to, hands down:  😄

IMG_0706.jpg.8ef6bdbb20c106e5984440bf35174687.jpg

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, Gobi said:

FFP could keep an eye out for trouble.

🤣 Kirkman has a 'thing' for one-eyed dudes? Anyway, let FPP keep his eye peeled, but just don't ask him to close the gate.

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Out of my entire T-shirt collection this one has consistently garnered its own fan base at every metal festival it’s been worn to, hands down:

That? Is a true work of art and kink! That could be your next tat, Nashville.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

Out of my entire T-shirt collection this one has consistently garnered its own fan base at every metal festival it’s been worn to, hands down:  😄

Ooooooohhhh, someone's been scanning my mind, that's hilarious, it's nice to find out you're not alone in this world 😌

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, Nashville said:

IMG_0706.jpg.8ef6bdbb20c106e5984440bf35174687.jpg

Funny... yet very disturbing - for a few reasons.

Just was that Bunch into!? 

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Superclam said:

Pffft. I didn't take you for a quitter. 

That's what I tell my drug rehabilitation board,, I've never heard pffft since my old days on the AMC forums, a 'word' used regularly by an old friend, it freaked me out a little bit seeing it again!

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Superclam said:

I use "pffft" both in real life and online. It's my mission to keep "pffft" alive. 

And long may it continue, it's not used nearly enough, although my friend 'the old scoundrel' did use rather more fffs if he felt the occasion warranted it! 😊

• Love 2
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

Aaahhhh! How can anyone still hate that face? Coochy-coo

Hell - I’m a guy, and *I* can't look at that face without thinking, “Damned if that doesn’t look as if it would be just like a Brillo pad applied directly to the inner thighs....”

😉

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

Hell - I’m a guy, and *I* can't look at that face without thinking, “Damned if that doesn’t look as if it would be just like a Brillo pad applied directly to the inner thighs....”

I never thought about it until you mention it, but the beard is better than the stubble which would be like  a hedgehog. That's beside the point though, since I don't think he's been applying anything to anyone's thighs (or other body parts) in a decade or so. He probably won't be in the near future either, unless he can sweetly seduce Elpha with his siren song of "My Dick."

6 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Aaahhhh! How can anyone still hate that face? Coochy-coo

I can hate that face because it looks like he just said something vile.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Gobi said:

It still amazes me that, out of all the villains, TPTB chose to give Negan a redemption arc. (I’m not counting Dwight, because I don’t think he was a true villain.)

I guess I "understand" it, given that Neegan is Kirkman's most favouritist character evah and all that. But as a viewer I will never forget the glee he showed when he bashed in Glenn and Abraham's skulls. I will also not forget his harem of completely unwilling women. I will not forget that he ironed the face of a man who tried to protect his wife (who was forced into said harem).

He could become personally responsible for saving lives of the entire population and I will still want him dead, dead, DEAD. 

Ahem. ... I'll show myself out now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Nashville said:

Eeeeewwww 🤣

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, shanndee said:

. I will not forget that he ironed the face of a man who tried to protect his wife (who was forced into said harem).

Also don't forget that said man positively revelled in the fact that he put a crossbow bolt through Denise's eye!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Gobi said:

It still amazes me that, out of all the villains, TPTB chose to give Negan a redemption arc. (I’m not counting Dwight, because I don’t think he was a true villain.)

Yeah but he was the poster boy for villains, he's got quite a large female vote, not to mention the 'Merch' vote!

• Love 1

I guess I "understand" it, given that Neegan is Kirkman's most favouritist character evah and all that. But as a viewer I will never forget the glee he showed when he bashed in Glenn and Abraham's skulls. I will also not forget his harem of completely unwilling women.

Negan IS Kirkman, in his sweaty fantasies - tall and lean and handsome and macho(well, Kirkman's version of "macho"). Bashing Glenn and Abe, well, CDB did bash in the skulls of Negan's crew while they slept, so I guess it's a tit for tat and Negan could have bashed an equal number of our gang in retribution but he didn't. But the raping? Throwing a doctor into a furnace? Nope. No redemption, no matter how fondly Kirkman thinks of it.

6 hours ago, Gobi said:

(I’m not counting Dwight, because I don’t think he was a true villain.)

I think he was, considering how much he enjoyed torturing Daryl. JMO.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

"These tomaters are the size of my balls!"

Nah.  Negan's too egotistical for that.  When they start raising watermelons or pumpkins, then he'll have something to equate to the size of his reproductive glands.

And also, Negan isn't a visual horror show, but he is an absolute audio nightmare!  His vocal cords are like the Energizer bunny, they keep going, and going, and going, and going....

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I guess I "understand" it, given that Neegan is Kirkman's most favouritist character evah and all that. But as a viewer I will never forget the glee he showed when he bashed in Glenn and Abraham's skulls. I will also not forget his harem of completely unwilling women. I will not forget that he ironed the face of a man who tried to protect his wife (who was forced into said harem).

He could become personally responsible for saving lives of the entire population and I will still want him dead, dead, DEAD. 

Ahem. ... I'll show myself out now.

Those are all great reasons to hate the character and want to see him killed off, but I just want him dead so he'll finally shut the F up.

I haven't watched a second of the past season of TWD, and I can still hear the bastard like I just watched S8 - in my mind's ears.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

"These tomaters are the size of my balls!"

I was thinking just that, but didn't want to be crude, at least no more crude than I usually am. 😁

"Looka here, you sorry shits! These tomaters are so round and firm and full, just like the contents of  my made-of-steel nutsack!"

That's our Negan/Kirkman. Juvenile as ever.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I was thinking just that, but didn't want to be crude, at least no more crude than I usually am. 😁

"Looka here, you sorry shits! These tomaters are so round and firm and full, just like the contents of  my made-of-steel nutsack!"

That's our Negan/Kirkman. Juvenile as ever.

Dang you, @AngelaHunter!  Now you got me thinking things like that...

Negan telling some womenfolk how satisfying it was to help with the agricultural side of things;
"It was a goddamned distinct pleasure to plant my strong bountiful seed in your all's fertile gardens.  May the pains of your labor help replenish what was lost when this whole shit-storm started."

• LOL 3
12 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Nah.  Negan's too egotistical for that.  When they start raising watermelons or pumpkins, then he'll have something to equate to the size of his reproductive glands.

And also, Negan isn't a visual horror show, but he is an absolute audio nightmare!  His vocal cords are like the Energizer bunny, they keep going, and going, and going, and going....

I can't wait for the cucumber crop! 🥒

I never thought i'd ever say this, but given a choice of listening to 'Tomater' man or nostril flaring whinnying Ginny, bring him on. 

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Okay, actual spoilers from TSDF Army.  Here we go:

Episode 10.1 “Lines We Cross” Summary

The episode opens with a shot in space! We see a satellite dwindling towards Earth. Fade to black.

TRAINING DAY

A gross ocean walker makes his way to the shore. He’s sliced through the head. Way to go, Judith! We see our heroes in formation walking across the beach. Ezekiel, Jerry, and some of the oceanside crew open the doors to a shipwrecked boat that has washed ashore. They let the walkers loose onto the beach. Aaron directs the crew to attack the incoming walkers. They are handled with ease and precision. This is a nice action piece where we see many of the characters strut their walker killing skills. We can see they have been working on staying in formation and working together to fight. They all seem like a very effective killing team.

After training, Luke is flirting with a new character Jules. Michonne and Daryl chat about how training went well, Tara would be proud, and Michonne is glad they let the kids come to see the ocean. Daryl says he knows “one idiot that would have loved this.” Judith, RJ, and Jerry’s kids are walking down the beach and drop buckets full of seashells on the sand. As they are going through the shells they collected, Judith uncovers a Whisperer mask that RJ had found.

Cue intro music

Episode starts back at Oceanside. Aaron, Michonne, Cyndie and some others are in a radio room. Aaron is talking to Father G over the radio and informs him that they found a mask. He wants Alexandria to go on lock-down. Michonne interjects and adds that everyone needs to stay on alert, but they should not panic. Aaron and Michonne are in disagreement. Michonne doesn’t want there to be a panic. They don’t know enough yet and if the Whisperers are even truly back. Aaron believes they should proceed with more caution and assume the worst. Michonne decides to get a group to go out and see if they can find anything. Daryl says he is sticking around, implying that he is going to see Carol. Michonne tells him to tell Carol not to leave again without saying goodbye.

Michonne and Aaron have a chat on horseback about who the actual villains are. Everyone believes they are the good guys in their own story. They come across some walkers on a road. Aaron jumps down and has a close call with a walker. Michonne is visibly upset. “That was stupid!” She expresses that she already lost Rick. “If it was them, you could have died. And it wasn’t them, and you could have died. For what?” Aaron believes that acting like everything is fine is not normal. Michonne argues that if they lose their cool and panic, then they are letting the Whisperers win. Aaron explains that he has always been the nice guy, but now Eric is dead and Jesus is dead and he’s getting really sick of being the nice guy. Michonne hates this too, but she doesn’t want her people to lose their cool and die over nothing.

Aaron and Micheonne meet up with Yumiko, Luke, Magna, and Alden in the woods. They found some dead bodies along with a skin. Evidence that at least one Whisperer has been on their side of the border. The group heads back to Oceanside. Michonne doesn’t want her people to panic. Fear is dangerous. It can drive the group apart again. Aaron argues that fear can also keep them safe.

Judith is sitting down with RJ and telling the story of “The Brave Man and the walkers on the bridge.” She’s telling him the story about how Rick saved them. (Cue ugly cry) RJ asks if the Brave Man will come back as a walker. Judith explains that he died and went to heaven. However, he is never really gone and lives inside their hearts forever, also making them brave too. Michonne is listening and sheds a tear. She greets her kiddos and wraps them in big momma bear hugs. RJ asks why the Brave Man did that. She explains that sometimes people love someone so much they would do anything for you.

BOOM! An explosion through the sky. It’s a bird... It’s a plane... It’s the… satellite!

BIRD WISDOM

We flash back to the radio conversation Aaron was having with Father G earlier, only this time we see it from Father’s G perspective. It’s time for a montage! We see Rosita kicking some punching bag ass, Eugene is measuring baby Coco. Rosita breastfeeds Coco and Eugene can’t help but try to sneak a peek. Eugene pisses the baby off by turning off music. Then we see him take on more babysitting duties. He’s burping, measuring, and coddling sweet baby Coco. Rosita, Eugene, and Siddiq are all chatting when a distraught Father G enters the room.

Lydia is back at the council house reading with the assistance of Gracie. Father G enters and explains that he needs the room. Laura questions if Lydia needs to leave the room. Lydia steps outside and starts training with the staff. Negan is being supervised and working in the garden. Negan questions what the meeting is about and why she was kicked out. Lydia snaps back and asks what he has done in the past to make them look at him the same way they look at her. There’s a bit more back and forth with these two. She tells him that she knows they found a Whisperer skin.

Siddiq is putting Coco to sleep and starts having flashbacks about Alpha and the barn. He is visibly shaken. Coco starts crying. Another doctor enters the room looking for Siddiq. It’s Dante. He asks if Siddiq is ok. Dante is smug and even expresses that since they are doctors, they are basically gods in the apocalypse. Welcome, Dr. Douchebag!

Negan is back in his cell. He has a chat with Father G. We learn that he’s doing more than just sitting in a cell these days. He helps out by picking vegetables and taking out the trash and he’s ok with that for now. He explains that he knows about the alert Alexandria is on because of the discovery of a Whisperer skin. He warns that things are going to get nasty now that it’s pants shitting time again. He advises Father G that he needs to make sure people feel safe or there’s going to be consequences. He suggests that Father G doesn't tell people about the potential threat so people don’t panic. BOOM! We see the satellite fire across the sky from Alexandria’s perspective. Eugene runs to the radio room and demands to speak with Michonne because something dire is about to happen.

Back at Oceanside, several of the women including Connie and Kelly are pulling in a large net. One of them yells at Kelly to watch out because she’s about to back into something. She doesn’t hear. Connie approaches her and asks Kelly what is going on with her hearing. Kelly says she’s fine. They have a very engaging and emotional conversation in sign. Kelly admits that she is having trouble when there’s lots of noise and voices and she can’t always make out when someone is talking to her. Connie comforts her and lets her know they are going to keep practicing so she will be ready if her hearing continues to get worse. Connie goes on to say that being hearing impaired is not a disability, it’s a superpower. DOGGO!! Dog comes running to Connie and Daryl waves from a distance.

We then see Daryl and Ezekiel on a dock, talking about birdshit and birds. It turns out that Ezekiel was never really scared of tigers and lions, but birds are a different story. Not a fan! Connie approaches along with Dog and writes, “I think you lost something.” Daryl has been practicing ASL! He signs back that Dog just likes her better. Connie notes that Daryl signs with a southern accent. A boat docks at the harbor. Carol waves from the boat. There’s some awkward chit chat with Ezekiel and Carol. Carol darts over to Connie and Daryl where she’s greeted with some warm hugs.

Carol and Daryl go for a walk and catch up. Daryl asks Carol how it was out there on the ocean. She explains it was tough work, but afterwards you sleep like the dead on a deck under the stars. It’s the best. She also checked out a spot where Maggie leaves letters for Oceanside. There wasn’t anything there and hasn’t been in awhile. Daryl states that he hasn’t heard from Carol in a while and asks if she’s been looking for Alpha. Carol says no, but Daryl isn’t really believing it. He tells Carol they found one of their masks recently and asks if she wants to go look around with him. She says no because she’s only here until the next boat heads out. They go on a motorcycle ride instead. Carol likes it fast! They stop in the forest and are surrounded by walkers. These veterans have it covered.

NEW MEXICO

Daryl shoots at a deer. New CGI DEER! They follow it as it stumbles down and falls. Carol is about to take another shot and says they can grab it. Daryl tell her no, it already crossed their borders. Carol questions why they are still respecting the borders they never agreed to when Alpha isn’t even there. Daryl keeps saying it’s too late. Carol isn’t happy. The deer could have fed 200 people. Now the walkers got to it.

As they keep walking Daryl apologizes. He just doesn’t want to start shit. He asks Carol why she doesn't come home now. Carol is “a sea dog now.” Friendship bracelet conversation scene! They keep talking about how they wonder if this is all there is. Just run into people and kill each other and until whoever is left says enough. Daryl believes it’s just like they are living from one fight to the next. Carol asks Daryl to come be a pirate with her and join her on the boat. Daryl says he can’t be cooped up in a little cabin. Carol suggests screw the boat and go out on a motorcycle instead, head out West. Daryl suggests New Mexico. When Carol asks what is in New Mexico Daryl states, “people who weave bracelets”. We see Daryl give Carol a “friendship bracelet” that he was constructing while talking to her. BOOM! We see the satellite fire across the sky from Daryl and Carol’s perspective.

It’s nighttime at Oceanside. The group gathers and heads towards the woods where there is a huge fire caused by the fallen satellite. The group works together to put out the fire. Ezekiel is overexerting himself and inhaling a lot of smoke. He’s coughing and Jerry urges him to take a break. A herd of walkers infiltrates the area of the fire. The group works together to take them down. Slow-motion walker kills as fire burns in the background. Lots of sweet walker killing action! Eugene is back at the satellite. He wants to excavate it because he believes there could be some seriously helpful tech. Luke brings up the fact that there’s radiation in the atmosphere right now. Michonne wants them to hurry because they are in the Whisperer’s territory. Aaron suggests maybe this will buy them some goodwill since putting out the fire helps them all.

Daryl and Carol are out on their own looking around. Daryl asks Carol if she still wants to leave. She says “Tomorrow.” Daryl tells her he needs her to stay, and if she doesn’t he’s going to have to punch holes in all the boats. As Daryl leaves, we see Alpha enter a clearing from the woods down below. Carol and Alpha get into an intense staredown. End of episode.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Superclam said:

Honestly, that sounds so boring I don't feel like watching it. I couldn't even get through the narrative, so I can only imagine what the episode's going to be like. 

I couldn't even finish reading it either.  I didn't think it would get so bad I would drift off in the middle of a recap. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I've long concluded I don't really care for the long detailed writeups.  There's nothing remotely literary about play by play of a TV show as much as a lot of reading to wade through looking for the main action points.  I mean, how much detail do I really need about the 3 men and Rosita's baby story or Eugene trying to ogle breastfeeding?

2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I've long concluded I don't really care for the long detailed writeups.  There's nothing remotely literary about play by play of a TV show as much as a lot of reading to wade through looking for the main action points.  I mean, how much detail do I really need about the 3 men and Rosita's baby story or Eugene trying to ogle breastfeeding?

That's actually really tame, for him.....

considering the the view he had from the "Self Help" section, a few seasons ago.

• LOL 3

I have seen S10E01 last sunday...  By accident...  Right after FTWD...

I wrote here that seeing those two back to back was one a the worst wasted sunday night ever.  I was so bored after those two... Geez.  Then I erased the message 'cause I did not want to spoil even if we are in the spoiler room.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, heisenberg said:

Then I erased the message 'cause I did not want to spoil even if we are in the spoiler room.

I normally hate spoilers and avoid them, and even previews, like the plague, but I don't think it's really possible to spoil this show anymore. Look at the last season - TPTB wetting their pants, all the hubub, build up and excitement about all these *gasp* "shocking" deaths. What do we get? Five minutes of a bunch of near-indistinguishable rubber heads on pikes, the vast majority of whom (the few I recognized) meant nothing  one to whom I said, "Finally!"  and one I kind of felt bad about. A little, tiny bit. It left me singing that sad old refrain, "Is That All There Is?"

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I normally hate spoilers and avoid them, and even previews, like the plague, but I don't think it's really possible to spoil this show anymore. Look at the last season - TPTB wetting their pants, all the hubub, build up and excitement about all these *gasp* "shocking" deaths. What do we get? Five minutes of a bunch of near-indistinguishable rubber heads on pikes, the vast majority of whom (the few I recognized) meant nothing  one to whom I said, "Finally!"  and one I kind of felt bad about. A little, tiny bit. It left me singing that sad old refrain, "Is That All There Is?"

It is mostly to not put people in a bad mood before viewing it than to reveal stuff.  Some people may like it...  But I did not!🙂  And I like to hate it but this time I nearly felt asleep.  Two of those show in a row could have been to much of a drag.

I remember when they were puting 2 of them at the premiere and people were rushing to look at it.  iIt was a long time ago...

Edited by heisenberg
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, heisenberg said:

It is mostly to not put people in a bad mood before viewing it than to reveal stuff.

Well, after looking at stuff like this (where the hell did the Medieval spiky ball come from? These are people who would rather move out in a raging blizzard than try to clean a chimney and now they can manufacture... Oh, never mind!) I'm already in a bad mood so spoilers wouldn't bother me:

_TWD_1000_JLD_0524_0038_RT_595.jpg.240444ce405d76919e943e2d8d4d4ade.jpg

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Well, after looking at stuff like this (where the hell did the Medieval spiky ball come from? These are people who would rather move out in a raging blizzard than try to clean a chimney and now they can manufacture... Oh, never mind!) I'm already in a bad mood so spoilers wouldn't bother me:

_TWD_1000_JLD_0524_0038_RT_595.jpg.240444ce405d76919e943e2d8d4d4ade.jpg

^  TMW you forget you've got a big spiked metal mace for a hand, but use said hand to wipe your face.

.... sure hope he's not so forgetful when it comes time to scratch his b***s, or wiping after taking a dump.  Ouchie!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

sure hope he's not so forgetful when it comes time to scratch his b***s,

This is a show where we watched guts spill on the street, children murdered, throats slashed, toture, and worst of all, Negan reciting an ode to his nutsack. I don't think you need to censor "balls". 😂

• LOL 6