Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

It's the kind of shirt that well built men look really good in, like the one above.

Yeah, but it seems many of the guys who rushed to buy them do not fit that category, just as the Negan and Governor cosplayers are kind of sad looking. I was very surprised to find this is something grown men do.

henley7rsivmQ23f6HIro.jpg

gov.jpg

• LOL 2
On 11/24/2019 at 12:26 AM, Ohwell said:

It's the kind of shirt that well built men look really good in, like the one above.

‘The real’ Dexter’s definitely looking good, the guy in the middle needs to be shown where the ant problem is, as for podgy Gov 🤣😂😆🤣😂😆

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 4
8 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Dexter’s definitely looking good, the guy in the middle needs to be shown where the ant problem is, as for podgy Gov 🤣😂😆🤣😂😆

Lol! I thought pudgy gov was supposed to be Coral. The pudgy gov looks like my ex if he (guy in picture)were uglier, and it turns out my ex wore Henley shirts. They really don’t go with pot bellies. 

• LOL 2
15 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Lol! I thought pudgy gov was supposed to be Coral.

The Gov was my first reaction, I could be wrong, maybe he’s going for the ugly Tom Cruise award, but looking at that head growing out of his shoulder, he could be at a ‘Hitchhikers’ convention 😱

54004D90-A4CC-41B9-8448-2C13461B5C9D.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 2
7 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I forgot our Negan cosplayer:

Honestly, why do they Fkin bother, I feel sorry for his wife / cousin?

At least try and suck that belly in FFS 🐷

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 4

So a 'worthy' exit for Michonne is to have her sail off with a man she just met to an island she's never seen or heard of, leaving her community and her children behind.  That's really do right by both Danai and the character.  I'm not surprised they would fuck Michonne over that way because they've been doing it for years but the folks at TWD must really resent that Danai has a future as both an actor AND a writer.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I'm sorry, but I don't see them as fucking Michonne over.  I think she's had a nice, important role on TWD and they didn't kill her off.  She just sailed away, which is a pretty cool way to leave, IMO.   Michonne was just one of several main characters on the show.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

So a 'worthy' exit for Michonne is to have her sail off with a man she just met to an island she's never seen or heard of, leaving her community and her children behind. 

They're going to have her leave the kids?

We didn't even get to see Maggie go and it was just mentioned in passing that she was far away. Now that's a shitty exit for someone who was there nearly since the very beginning.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

We didn't even get to see Maggie go and it was just mentioned in passing that she was far away. Now that's a shitty exit for someone who was there nearly since the very beginning.

I agree with you completely.  The way they treated Maggie was disgusting.  Everyone's going to pretend that it was all part of some master-plan, but that's bullshit.  i don't think Lauren would have returned if her show had succeeded.  They sent an almost-original character off into the wild blue yonder without a look back.    Maggie's returning now because Lauren's unemployed and the show sucks so badly.

As for Michonne, other characters have been treated worse (looking at you Carl) but Michonne is one of the THE iconic characters and is still alive in the comics.  I'm one of the few people who didn't see that being on the receiving end of Rick Grime's dick was a major step up. 

I always wanted to hear about MICHONNE'S life and how SHE felt about things but I guess being Rick Grimes proxy was good enough for the writers (and most of the fans).  I'm just happy that Danai has bigger and better things to look forward to.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Why am I not surprised that chasing after Carol who is chasing after Alpha is the reason that whole group fall into the cave. 

I'm really looking forward to this, although I'll probably be disappointed. Here I was all hyped for the Grand Fair and it turned out to be a big boring anticlimax, even with the piked heads.

Danai Gurai got PAID for being on TWD, and I'm guessing she's probably thankful for that.  I had never heard of her before her role as Michonne (I'm not sure a lot of other people had either) so her being on the show gave her the exposure to be able to move on from TWD and do other things.  And jumping on Rick's dick at least gave her a child she loves. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

ON 11/21/2019 AT 5:12 PM,  NODOROTHYPARKER SAID: 

The One Where Our Gang Ends the Half Season Falling Down a Giant Hole Full of Walkers

I'm actually looking forward to seeing this 😆

On 11/21/2019 at 5:30 PM, nodorothyparker said:

Is it wrong that I'm dearly hoping there's some kind of rock chute or slide involved?

😂 Thank you so much for this!! I might actually be able to make myself watch this one now! 😀

• LOL 1
15 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

We didn't even get to see Maggie go and it was just mentioned in passing that she was far away.

Now come on, the writers spent a long time sweating over this, she was “Someplace Far”, Golden Globe material in my book.😂

Edited by OoohMaggie
16 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I wonder how they’re going to BS their way around this, unless she dies, then the groups are going to go all out to find her when she doesn’t return, she’s only supposed to be a couple of days away. Will they actually show a search, or just have Daryl tell The Brat “we’ve been looking for six months and we haven’t found a trace”? Job done move on, next.

Apparently she’s not done yet.

So they’re now heading into the Chesapeake Bay to Bloodsworth Island. How long is it going to be before we see Michonne and Virgil again?
“We will check back in on that story, but it won’t be the first episode back in the next season. I’ll say that. There’s a little time while they’re journeying.”

https://ew.com/tv/2019/11/24/walking-dead-midseason-finale-world-before-angela-kang/

Edited by OoohMaggie
14 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I agree with you completely.  The way they treated Maggie was disgusting.  Everyone's going to pretend that it was all part of some master-plan, but that's bullshit.  i don't think Lauren would have returned if her show had succeeded.  They sent an almost-original character off into the wild blue yonder without a look back.    Maggie's returning now because Lauren's unemployed and the show sucks so badly.

Absolutely agree,  I don’t feel sorry for Danai or Lauren though, they’re both big, beautiful girls, rich, who’ve spent many years on one of the most successful shows ever, and they both decided to leave. As much as I agree about the way she was treated, Lauren did read the script along with everyone else, did she not say anything? did Andy? 
They both enjoyed the best years of the show, along with most they had their characters messed about with, they were both made to look incompetent idiots at times but I think the good times outweigh the bad.

I am sorry Danai is leaving, every early character that goes can’t be replaced by a hundred newbies, Lauren will improve things for some, none more than me, but she can’t stop a runaway truck 🚛

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

For Mod’s, any idea when page for new show is going up?

‘Airing in Spring 2020, the third Walking Dead series is officially titled The Walking Dead: World Beyond. The spinoff show is set in a distant version from the start of the apocalypse, showcasing the lives of the end of the world's first generation to have grown up with zombies around. Starting in Nebraska 10 years into the apocalypse, a group of teenagers will go on a mysterious journey, all somehow tying into the disappearance of Rick Grimes on The Walking Dead.”

Edited by OoohMaggie
1 hour ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

Aw, I like the cosplay nerds. We can't all be supermodels. I am potbelly Negan. 

Hey, I’m no oil painting, and my stomach muscles have been in a ‘relaxed’ state for more than one period throughout my life, but if you can’t have a laugh at someone else’s expense, what’s the point? 🤗

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

You would have thought that when Carol fell in the hole, she would have warned the others to be careful, and when they fell down the hole you would have thought they’d  warn Daryl, but no and no, and now they’re trying to squeeze Jerry through a tiny gap 😱

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

Nothing to do with being supermodels or having pot bellies - the nerd dressed like Dexter is a stringbean. For me,  seeing adult men decking themselves out like their fictional/comic book idols and looking ridiculous that is scorn worthy. Seeing them dress as psycho-rapist-sadist, Negan ("Ooh, look at me, being all macho-man here with my bat and everything!") is doubly scorn worthy.

• Love 2

The Walking Dead Poll Shows 90% of Fans Are Against Carol’s Actions in Midseason Finale

Well if her ‘ family’ had backed her to begin with, and done what they should, and would have done previously to a threat on all their lives, the whole Whisperer threat would have been ended a long time ago.

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/11/25/the-walking-dead-poll-90-percent-fans-against-carols-actions-midseason-finale-cliffhanger-cave/

From EW,

You have this moment where Carol runs after Alpha and then everyone runs after Carol and they all fall into this sort of cave with a subterranean herd. Was that all intentional by Alpha? Was she using herself as bait to lure them after her and then down below? Was it all a clearly engineered plan?
‘I feel like from Alpha’s side she was trying to lure them. But it remains to be seen whether that was all part of a larger plan or kind of circumstance. If you watch the section where Alpha is running, she does almost what I find a slightly comical version of a run. She almost looks like she’s prancing for a couple of steps. So I sort of feel like she’s playing it. Like, “Come on, come on after me.” It’s interesting.”

It’s funny you mentioned that, because I specifically noticed that. I was like, “Well, that was awkward.”
It’s sort of not a bad ass run. But I honestly think that’s the actor’s choice and I was like, “Oh that’s interesting. It’s kind of a funny way to run.”

https://ew.com/tv/2019/11/24/walking-dead-midseason-finale-world-before-angela-kang/

Well I said it before, but “prancing for a couple of steps” still looks like this,

tenor.gif.74aaebc3cd1efce72e84b2d586b153

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
On 11/24/2019 at 1:20 PM, Ohwell said:

I'm sorry, but I don't see them as fucking Michonne over.  I think she's had a nice, important role on TWD and they didn't kill her off.  She just sailed away, which is a pretty cool way to leave, IMO.   Michonne was just one of several main characters on the show.  

I’m sorry, but once they took Michonne from being a warrior of few words and turned her into a house cat, it showed me that Danai isn’t that great an actor. The way she spits out her words when she’s questioning people like Negan or the guy last night is pretty ham handed. 

I agree that sailing away would be enough of a send off. Maggie just disappeared and they nonchalantly mentioned it in passing. Hell, Maggie’s boring ass sister got several episodes culminating in a dramatic send off. Maybe they’re rethinking killing off the most popular characters?

I do not care about how she’s too good for this show with a big movie career. Her character was played out seasons ago. She’s just not a strong enough actor to overcome the weak script. And yes, she’s just another character on this show. It’s not personal. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Nothing to do with being supermodels or having pot bellies - the nerd dressed like Dexter is a stringbean. For me,  seeing adult men decking themselves out like their fictional/comic book idols and looking ridiculous that is scorn worthy. Seeing them dress as psycho-rapist-sadist, Negan ("Ooh, look at me, being all macho-man here with my bat and everything!") is doubly scorn worthy.

Picture this. Ft Lauderdale, 1997. I was invited to a British pub by two co workers.  They retired to the men’s room , and returned dressed as Klingons. Think that’s bad? A bunch of other Klingons joined them. AND they spoke Klingon. 

All of this, in front of sarcastic Brits. Well, the Cornish pasty was fabulous.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I’m sorry, but once they took Michonne from being a warrior of few words and turned her into a house cat, it showed me that Danai isn’t that great an actor.

I said basically that quite some time ago. I'd never heard of her or seen her in anything else (and I admit I don't watch much of anything), but what I've seen of her on this show is not very good acting, IMO. The stilted dialogue with Judith, and the heart to heart with Zeke - who I think is a much better actor by comparison - was particularly bad. Maybe it's the fault of the writers, but I really don't know, having nothing with which to compare.

2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I agree that sailing away would be enough of a send off. Maggie just disappeared and they nonchalantly mentioned it in passing.

I mentioned that as well. Love her or not - and I did not -  Maggie deserved better. "Maggie? Maggie who? Oh, she's somewhere... far. I guess." And we had to hear it from Siddiq instead of from someone who really cared about  and knew her.

Melissa McBride seems to be a competant actor, but her character has been wrecked as has been Ross Marquand's.

I have to face the fact that Jeffrey Dean Morgan is the best actor on this show now, as much as I hate silly, boring Negan.

28 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Picture this. Ft Lauderdale, 1997.

I'm hearing Sophia from the "Golden Girls." 😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I've seen Danai on stage and I think she CAN act but I can't disagree that the last few years have been difficult for this ride-or-die Michonne fan.  They gutted the character in order to hand Carol all of comic-book Michonne's story lines and to make it believable MIchonne would give Rick Grimes a second thought.  Now she's the Mary Todd Lincoln of the ZA.

Judging acting ability is subjective.  I think Melissa McBride is one of the most over-rated actors working today (now that Andrew Lincoln is gone) and most of the time, I can barely watch what Jeffrey Dean Morgan is trying to pass off as acting.  I have absolutely no idea what the fuck Samantha Morton is doing.

My vote for the best TWD actor is Lennie James.  Maybe that's why they shipped him off to Fear the Walking Dead.  Second runner up is Seth Gilliam

• LOL 1
59 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I've seen Danai on stage and I think she CAN act but I can't disagree that the last few years have been difficult for this ride-or-die Michonne fan.  They gutted the character in order to hand Carol all of comic-book Michonne's story lines and to make it believable MIchonne would give Rick Grimes a second thought.  Now she's the Mary Todd Lincoln of the ZA.

Yeah, I'd never seen her before TWD and maybe she can act, but just not on this show.  I"m not saying she's bad, but just not that great.  But then I could say that about most of the characters on this show. Seth Gilliam has stepped up his game this season though.

And I bolded that part because for those of us who have never read the comics, we just don't realize just how much of a makeover Michonne's character got on this show.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I’m sorry, but once they took Michonne from being a warrior of few words and turned her into a house cat, it showed me that Danai isn’t that great an actor. The way she spits out her words when she’s questioning people like Negan or the guy last night is pretty ham handed. 

I am not familiar with DG’s pre-TWD background, but her (frequently over-emphasized) dialogue delivery always seemed to me more indicative of an established background in theater vs. movies or TV.  Was this impression correct?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

They retired to the men’s room , and returned dressed as Klingons. Think that’s bad? A bunch of other Klingons joined them. AND they spoke Klingon. 

Sounds like an average Saturday night in England, a ‘proper’ pasty is indeed a thing of beauty.

bortaS bIr jabluʼDIʼ reH QaQquʼ nayʼA  😊

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 2
11 hours ago, Nashville said:

I am not familiar with DG’s pre-TWD background, but her (frequently over-emphasized) dialogue delivery always seemed to me more indicative of an established background in theater vs. movies or TV.  Was this impression correct?

Danai has a degree in drama from Tisch and has done quite a bit of stage work.  She's also a Tony-award nominated playwright.  I think her take on the character of Michonne was that she was 'larger than life' which worked when she was playing WARRIOR Michonne but not so much when she got with Rick Grimes.  Being with Rick Grimes has proven to be fatal for women.  It didn't kill Michonne physically but I think it killed her spirit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

ON 11/25/2019 AT 7:25 PM,  LADYMUSTANG65 SAID: 

Can someone please refresh my memory?  Where did Aaron's kid come from?  I do not remember when or where he picked her up at all.

Rick killed her father when he and Daryl were looking for the -50 Cal machine guns in one of the Saviour outposts. After Eric had died and walked off, Aaron took the baby from Rick and back to Alexandria.

Edited by OoohMaggie
On 11/25/2019 at 9:56 PM, Ohwell said:

Yeah, I'd never seen her before TWD and maybe she can act, but just not on this show.  I"m not saying she's bad, but just not that great.  But then I could say that about most of the characters on this show. Seth Gilliam has stepped up his game this season though.

And I bolded that part because for those of us who have never read the comics, we just don't realize just how much of a makeover Michonne's character got on this show.  

I have seen her on an old Law and Order. She was good.

• Love 2

The Walking Dead boss answers midseason finale burning questions

One good death deserves another. The aftermath of Whisperer spy Dante strangling Siddiq on last week’s episode of The Walking Dead was immediately picked up in equally disturbing fashion on Sunday’s “The World Before” midseason finale.” While Rosita — who had stopped by to check in on the father of her baby — struggled for her life against Dante, zombie Siddiq made a move to go eat his own daughter.

In the end, Rosita put down her former lover and beat the crap out of the man who killed him. That was only the beginning of the bad news for Dante, who was eventually stabbed, like, a million times by Father Gabriel in a shocking display of violence for the priest that ended the double-agent’s life.

Elsewhere, Michonne and company came across a stranger named Virgil attempting to gather supplies to bring back for his family. Michonne agreed to help him in return for weapons at a naval base that could help turn the tide in the war against Alpha. But as the last Walking Dead episode of the decade ended, Daryl, Carol, and others found themselves trapped in a subterranean cave surrounded by walkers after Carol chased a fleeing Alpha, who may have been luring them into a trap.

We went to showrunner Angela Kang for answers and insight into all that and more, as well as a sneak peek at what to expect when the show returns for the second half of season 10 in 2020.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: You start the episode with zombie Siddiq trying to eat his own baby. That’s pretty messed up, Angela.
ANGELA KANG: Yeah, it is. And I think Avi did an amazing job as both live Siddiq and zombie Siddiq. We really wanted to, with that story, play the heartbreak of it and the idea that somebody that has so much humanity, it could be stripped away in such a way. I think it was very touching for us — moving in this really strange and sad way. So kudos to everybody who pulled off something that’s a very kind of disturbing image. And the very sweet, adorable baby who actually is one of the happiest babies we’ve ever had on set. It was sad to see Avi in that state, actually. It was very strange.

Everyone is brutalizing Dante here in the aftermath of him killing Siddiq. Rosita messes him up, then Daryl takes his shots, and then Gabriel brutally stabs the life out of him over and over again. What’s that about on the part of the priest, as he seems to be talking about this being his second chance?
We’re drawing a line in Gabriel’s mind between this and what happened with Negan when Negan escaped. Negan is still out there, and our people don’t exactly know what he’s been up to. The audience obviously knows that he’s kind of in with the Whisperers and there’s a story that’s playing out there. And I think for Gabriel, he’s come to a place where he tries to be moral, he tries to be reasoned and fair and think things through. He feels that the hesitation that he had of not deciding the night of the incident with Negan and Margo and Lydia, that maybe his hesitation, in some way, led to Negan being out there, and who knows what kind of situation that may have caused for our heroes.

So he’s obviously got a very close tie to Siddiq. He considers Siddiq like family. And he just loses it in the moment, you know? I really love how Seth played this moment. There’s this sort of chilling quality to him, to Gabriel, at that moment that I think is really interesting. And one of the things we were playing with from the writer’s side is, let’s not forget that this is the priest who did something pretty dark at the start of the apocalypse. He locked his own congregation out to save himself. And in a lot of ways, so much of his story has been about trying to redeem himself for that.

But that says that there is something in him that is capable of darkness, you know? And so we thought that it was interesting to explore that with this character as he’s feeling pushed from all sides and just to realize that he feels, as a leader of this community, he has failed his people and he’s failed somebody that he considers family. And what could that force you to do?

And let’s expand on that in terms of the family, because I was curious about Rosita’s reaction when she sees him walking out there with the blood all over him and then joins him by the body burning later.’ Cause she’s someone who we saw, in her past, go on that mission to take out Negan. So, there’s a streak in her of wanting vengeance. So what is her reaction when she sees he’s done that?
Gabriel and Rosita are not, in some ways, the most obvious couple, and that is actually a dynamic that we’re purposely playing. There are moments where they don’t always see eye to eye. There’s a generational difference. I think that really Rosita feels a little distant from him at times. And then the fact that Gabriel took care of business with Dante is something that oddly makes her feel close to him in that moment. ‘Cause yeah, Rosita does have a little bit of that sort of like lone wolf streak in her. She’s not necessarily opposed to vigilante justice.

So I have to know now that he’s dead. Did Dante actually have a son?
I think Dante did have a son. And I think that he is probably somebody that has some darkness in him. In my mind, I do think he had a son and I do think any emotion he had about the loss of that son was real. And then maybe that’s what drove him into the arms of the Whisperers. But I think the interesting thing about Dante is there’s a lot of what we saw of Dante that was really him or a version of him. But clearly, there was a very, very dark underbelly that he was also hiding at the same time. But yeah, I think he had a son.

So we meet Virgil in this episode. He’s talking about wanting to bring supplies back for the family and then he says that line “Mercy is in short supply these days.” Which immediately sort of serves as a callback to Rick’s “My mercy prevails over my wrath” line that he picked up from Siddiq from a few seasons back. Where did the idea come from to link those two in that way?
We were thinking for a while that it’d be interesting if, in some way, this character just kind of triggers thoughts about the past for Michonne. Just about all kinds of things. And so “mercy prevails over my wrath” — obviously that’s tied to Rick, but it was first uttered by Siddiq. To give an eye into our process, at first, we were going to play a version where maybe Michonne and that group was sort of siloed from the information about Siddiq. But in talking with Danai, she felt like she wanted to be able to honor her connection to Siddiq, which I think was a really valuable thought. Because there is this very deep connection to her family and Carl. Siddiq was really important to Carl.

And so then he was really important to Rick and Michonne too. And I think being able to have this comment that immediately ties both the love of her life and this dear friend who was like family to her who just died — it all kind of worked. It just felt like it kind of did this nice triple duty in the moment and our actors did an amazing job playing it.

So they’re now heading into the Chesapeake Bay to Bloodsworth Island. How long is it going to be before we see Michonne and Virgil again?
We will check back in on that story, but it won’t be the first episode back in the next season. I’ll say that. There’s a little time while they’re journeying.

So we learn Gamma’s real name is Mary and she tells Aaron where the herd is. Aaron brings the group there. There’s no herd. Daryl thinks they’ve been double-crossed, but Aaron says, “No, I’m right.” So I’ll ask you: Is Aaron right?
The story will get into that. So he certainly is very certain that he is, and some of the others are very certain that he’s not. But time will tell.

You have this moment where Carol runs after Alpha and then everyone runs after Carol and they all fall into this sort of cave with a subterranean herd. Was that all intentional by Alpha? Was she using herself as bait to lure them after her and then down below? Was it all a clearly engineered plan?
I feel like from Alpha’s side she was trying to lure them. But it remains to be seen whether that was all part of a larger plan or kind of circumstance. If you watch the section where Alpha is running, she does almost what I find a slightly comical version of a run. She almost looks like she’s prancing for a couple of steps. So I sort of feel like she’s playing it. Like, “Come on, come on after me.” It’s interesting.

It’s funny you mentioned that, because I specifically noticed that. I was like, “Well, that was awkward.”
It’s sort of not a bad ass run. But I honestly think that’s the actor’s choice and I was like, “Oh that’s interesting. It’s kind of a funny way to run.”

Okay, we end on this cliffhangery situation as they’re all down there in that cave surrounded by walkers. What can you tell us in terms of how things are going to pick back up, and then what else we can expect in the second half of season 10?
We’ve trapped a bunch of people in a cave full of walkers, so we have to tell that story. So, that’s definitely going to be a big part of when we pick back up. Obviously, we have Negan embedded with the Whisperers, so we’ll continue to kind of tell the story that’s involved there. And then, not necessarily specific to the episode back, but just as a whole, at this point now some lines have been crossed, right? The border has been crossed by both sides. There have been these acts of war and so things are now escalating very, very fast. And we kind of get to the big conflict between the Whisperers and our people.

It’s going to come to a head in the back half and we’ll see how that plays out. And hopefully, there are some interesting twists and turns and surprises along the way. We will deal with what happens with Michonne and Virgil and the rest of that journey. And it’s been announced that this is Danai’s last year on the program. So, we’ll send her off. We’ll also follow some other threads that have been started in the first half such as the radio story. I think there’s a lot of really exciting stuff to come. I’ve been watching the episodes as they come in and I’m pretty proud of the work that our cast and crew have been doing. So hopefully people are entertained as we play out the rest of the season.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 3

IMDb  Top 10 rated episodes,

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/12/28/the-walking-dead-top-10-best-episodes-of-the-decade-ranked/

2020 will see the premieres of both the second half of TWD Season 10 and the first half of Season 11, where longtime star Lauren Cohan will once again be billed as a series regular, as well as the sixth season of spinoff Fear the Walking Dead and the ten-episode first season of spinoff The Walking Dead: World Beyond. Also now in development is the first entry in a planned trilogy of Walking Dead movies centered around Andrew Lincoln's Rick Grimes, to arrive TBD, and 2020 will be the first year where AMC airs more than 40 Sundays of Walking Dead content.

Until then, the ten highest-rated episodes of the entire series so far, as voted by fans, follow:

SLIDE 1 of 1010. "THE GROVE" (SEASON 4, EPISODE 14)

“The Grove” is rated 9.2 out of 10 with 13,158 votes cast. In this bottle episode, set after the survivors abandoned their prison base following its destruction by the Governor (David Morrissey), Carol (Melissa McBride) and Tyreese (Chad Coleman) acted as the protectors of baby Judith Grimes and sisters Lizzie (Brighton Sharbino) and Mika Samuels (Kyla Kenedy).

After the horrific discovery that walker-obsessed Lizzie murdered her younger sister so she could reanimate, a tearful Carol was forced to execute Lizzie, telling her: “Look at the flowers.” 

SLIDE 2 of 109. "PRETTY MUCH DEAD ALREADY" (SEASON 2, EPISODE 7)

“Pretty Much Dead Already” is rated 9.3 with 12,969 votes cast. This Season 2 midseason finale had Glenn (Steven Yeun) reveal farmer Hershel (Scott Wilson) was harboring walkers in his barn, a revelation that spurred hotheaded Shane (Jon Bernthal) to tear open its doors and unleash the undead. When the long-missing Sophia (Madison Lintz) stepped out as a walker, she was put down by a regretful Rick (Andrew Lincoln). 

SLIDE 3 of 108. "KILLER WITHIN" (SEASON 3, EPISODE 4)

“Killer Within” is rated 9.3 with 12,142 votes cast. When scorned prisoner Andrew (Markice Moore) had the survivors’ prison base infiltrated by walkers, the attack triggered a pregnant Lori Grimes (Sarah Wayne Callies) into labor. Maggie (Lauren Cohan) successfully delivered Judith, but Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs) had to shoot his mother to prevent her reanimating after she died from blood loss. 

Elsewhere, T-Dog (IronE Singleton) died saving Carol from invading walkers, and Andrew met his own end when he was shot and killed by Oscar (Vincent Ward). 

SLIDE 4 of 107. "CONQUER" (SEASON 5, EPISODE 16)

“Conquer” is rated 9.3 with 13,424 votes cast. The Season 5 finale partnered Daryl (Norman Reedus) and Aaron (Ross Marquand), who were swarmed by walkers before being rescued by lone traveler Morgan (Lennie James), an old friend who followed Rick to Virginia.

When Rick tried to calm tensions at the group’s new home, the walled-off Alexandria community, he was attacked by a drunk Pete (Corey Brill), who accidentally killed Reg Monroe (Steve Coulter). Reg’s wife Deanna (Tovah Feldshuh) gave Rick the go-ahead to execute Pete, and the episode ended with a blood-covered Rick reuniting with Morgan. 

SLIDE 5 of 106. "JSS" (SEASON 6, EPISODE 2)

“JSS” is rated 9.3 with 12,708 votes cast. After Rick’s survivors assimilated into Alexandria, the community came under attack from a pack of scavengers known as The Wolves. The Alexandrians, including a disguised Carol, managed to fend off the attack, but not before the Wolves slaughtered more than a dozen victims. 

SLIDE 6 of 105. "THANK YOU" (SEASON 6, EPISODE 3)

“Thank You” is rated 9.3 with 13,631 votes cast. During a mission to extinguish a walker horde the blended Alexandria community discovered in a nearby quarry, Glenn and Nicholas (Michael Traynor) found themselves cut off from the group and cornered by part of the walker herd.

Trapped in an alleyway with no apparent way out, Nicholas committed suicide, and sent Glenn toppling over into a swarming mass of walkers who then appeared to tear Glenn apart. (Glenn’s “death” would be revealed to be a fake-out episodes later in “Heads Up.”) 

SLIDE 7 of 104. "THE CALM BEFORE" (SEASON 9, EPISODE 15)

“The Calm Before” is rated 9.4 with 8,084 votes cast. The penultimate episode of Season 9 ended with a horrified Carol, Daryl, Michonne (Danai Gurira), Siddiq (Avi Nash) and Yumiko (Eleanor Matsuura) stumbling across the decapitated heads of nearly a dozen victims — including Enid (Katelyn Nacon), Tara (Alanna Masterson), and Carol’s son Henry (Matt Lintz) — displayed on spikes as part of a border erected by Alpha (Samantha Morton), leader of walker mask-wearing enemies the Whisperers. 

SLIDE 8 of 103. "NO SANCTUARY" (SEASON 5, EPISODE 1)

“No Sanctuary” is rated 9.6 with 22,778 votes cast. The Season 5 premiere saw Carol singlehandedly infiltrate cannibal camp Terminus to free Rick and the survivors, who were captured and held in train cars in the Season 4 finale, “A.”

The season opener is peak Walking Dead: at more than 17 million viewers, “No Sanctuary” remains the series’ most-watched episode. 

SLIDE 9 of 102. "TOO FAR GONE" (SEASON 4, EPISODE

“Too Far Gone” is rated 9.7 with 21,136 votes cast. The Season 4 midseason finale saw the Governor and his Woodbury minions launch an assault on the prison, an attack that culminated with the Governor using Michonne’s katana to decapitate the captured Hershel.

After menacing the survivors since Season 3, “Too Far Gone” ended with the threat of the Governor ended for good: he was impaled by Michonne before being finished off by Tara’s sister Lilly (Audrey Marie Anderson).

SLIDE 10 of 101. "NO WAY OUT" (SEASON 6, EPISODE 9) 

“No Way Out” is rated 9.7 with 23,467 votes cast. In the Season 6 midseason premiere, Alexandria came under siege from an invading horde of walkers while Daryl, Sasha (Sonequa Martin-Green) and Abraham (Michael Cudlitz) encountered a new enemy group — the Saviors — on the road.

To defend their home, Alexandrians both old and new banded together and fought off wave after wave of walkers, a union that left Rick feeling hopeful for the future. 

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

^^^ Is Negan getting a little taste of the switch from Alpha at 00:45? And here I thought RickyG. and the Dumpster Slut were kinky.

Hahahahaha!

Oh, wait; you said “switch”, not...

Never mind.

• LOL 2
14 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

^ Is Negan getting a little taste of the switch from Alpha at 00:45?

From the look on his face, I think she’s whipped out the tape measure and he realises the truth is coming out 📏

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Judging by the angle and the smirk, I think this must be post measurement! 

3CAA5D85-9967-46A5-BE67-31175847F67A.jpeg

I'm not so sure about that. I take that smile as kind of a "Boy howdy! Jackpot!" grin. > 😃

Maybe we were unjustly maligning the Fonzie and his boasts.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I'm not so sure about that. I take that smile as kind of a "Boy howdy! Jackpot!" grin. > 😃

As ‘Chewie’ in the background doesn’t exactly look happy, you could well be right 😱

• LOL 1

Asked on Twitter what fans can expect from Negan "next season," Morgan tweeted in response, "Stuff. And lots of it." When another user asked if that was confirmation Negan survives into Season 11, now in the works from AMC, Morgan clarified he was referring to Season 10B.

Let’s just hope for some laughs in there with it.

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2020/01/12/the-walking-dead-jeffrey-dean-morgan-expect-lots-negan-season-10b/