Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

I think that the show did good job building the tension and making several characters Negan's potential victim, but I am sticking with my opinion that Abraham is the one who gets killed. I have felt that this was his season. He got through PTSD and found love with Sacha. He even mentioned that he wanted to have kids. It kind of reminds me a bit of how Bob went out, in a very positive place. Also, Abraham has been around for awhile and while he seems to be liked, he isn't loved enough to break fans' hearts so he feels like the appropriate sacrifice for the time being. 

While I know that Glenn could be Negan's victim, I just cannot believe that Gimple and Kirkman would kill him off in a cliffhanger after teasing his death earlier this season and it would be replicated directly from the comic. I suppose that Eugene is a possibility too, but it just doesn't feel like it is his time to go as yet. I don't think that any of the female characters will get their heads bashed in. After all this speculation, watch me be wrong as hell. Ha.

I don't believe for a second that there will be a fan exodus regardless of who gets killed.I remember the hysteria on social media and that Internet when it was leaked that Shane was going to be killed, Those fans went on and on about the show would tank without him. The show went on and the ratings increased. TWD's ratings may have plateaued this season, but killing off a regular character isn't going tank the ratings. A vocal minority on social media and that Internet does not reflect the opinions of overall viewing audience.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

In those photos from Alicia Witt's Twitter page that I linked in the Media thread, Michael Cudlitz's hair looked a tiny bit longer and lighter in color to me.  Of course, he can just get a haircut (and get it to exactly where it was when they stopped shooting Season 6) and get it back to the shade it was, so it probably means nothing.  

But it did make me think again about Abraham being the victim.

Edited by Sherry67

I was reading on another forum that Steven Yuen, Alanna Masterson and Lennie James all cancelled appearances at a convention in Calgary at the end of April because filming has been pushed up and they have to be on set. (Someone had tickets to take pictures with them and was disappointed.)

But Michael Cudlitz is scheduled to attend something in Italy the same days shooting begins, so they were wondering if this is a sign he is the victim. Others pointed out that it doesn't mean anything. It's quite possible they are filming things out of sequence and MC is simply not needed for the first few days of filming.

On one hand, I wonder if that is a clue. But, on the other hand, I just read AL's interview with The Hollywood Reporter and his line about the person who dies having an impact on every single person in the group really screams Glen to me. I just don't see how Abraham would have an impact on everyone. Would Abe's death have an impact on Glen, Maggie or Aaron? Or Carl and Michonne? Unless they just mean the brutality of the death, and the fact that it signifies the end of their "peace". Then, yes, it would.

If the forum is correct about the schedule and the convention cancellations, at least we know filming begins in a week. There may be news/spoilers about a possible victim in a couple of weeks.

ETA: Some people on the forum also mentioned MC's hair color being different. Of course, as Sherry67 writes, they can easily color it when he's back on set.

Edited by slade3
  • Love 1

If Cudlitz is in Italy when filming starts, then I am totally believing that Abraham is Negan's victim. I have always believed that they already filmed the death, they simply had to, they couldn't risk any changes to the scene so we see it play out in the premiere, followed by the dead body, like they did with Hershel.

If Cudlitz is in Italy when filming starts, then I am totally believing that Abraham is Negan's victim. I have always believed that they already filmed the death, they simply had to, they couldn't risk any changes to the scene so we see it play out in the premiere, followed by the dead body, like they did with Hershel.

It's very possible.  I can picture a scenario in which whoever the victim is, the scene was already shot.  I got very suspicious when I saw MC's hair change at the WSC.  Even though it was not a drastic change or a change that couldn't be fixed in time for filming, it struck me as odd that Chandler Riggs' hair, for example, looked exactly as it would need to look when Season 7 picks up.  Enid's hair looks the same.  Everyone pretty much looked like they would need to look when Season 7 resumes (everyone who was at WSC, that is), but MC would have to fix his hair a wee bit.

I don't place a lot of weight on the "game-changer" quote or that every person is affected by this death. The powers that be have their own idea of what game-changer means; it might mean something different to all of us. Or, they may be trying to build it up to more than it is -- it's not the first time they've messed with us. As for the quotes that come from actors, I'm assuming they have a limited set of things they're allowed to say.

I'm guessing Abraham for the same reasons as others...he said some goodbyes, he was making family plans, and finally he's a big enough character that they won't get redshirt complaints, but few people care enough about him to start riots if he goes. (I haven't seen any "If Abraham dies, we riot" t-shirts.)

• Love 5

I found it very hard to believe they would ask the cast, especially Andrew Lincoln, to recreate the anguish, turmoil and fear they were all able to convey in the finale, 6 - 7 months later (if they filmed that scene in November 2015). I know they're actors, but how do you get that moment back? Maybe it's easy to go back to that place after time off, but I just can't imagine it would be the same, no matter how terrific an actor is. I would think at least one of the eleven would not give the same performance they did 6 months earlier. I also didn't believe that Negan/JDM filmed the scene alone. We see continuity errors in TV and film all the time. It would be too easy to have a continuity error in this pivotal scene. What if one of the extras on Negan's crew is sick, or has a new gig? I remember the one woman in Negan's crew standing by the RV, behind Negan. What if she can't be there for the new season? Stuff like that.

I don't place a lot of weight on the "game-changer" quote or that every person is affected by this death. The powers that be have their own idea of what game-changer means; it might mean something different to all of us. Or, they may be trying to build it up to more than it is -- it's not the first time they've messed with us. As for the quotes that come from actors, I'm assuming they have a limited set of things they're allowed to say.

I'm guessing Abraham for the same reasons as others...he said some goodbyes, he was making family plans, and finally he's a big enough character that they won't get redshirt complaints, but few people care enough about him to start riots if he goes. (I haven't seen any "If Abraham dies, we riot" t-shirts.)

Good points.

• Love 3

I don't place a lot of weight on the "game-changer" quote or that every person is affected by this death. The powers that be have their own idea of what game-changer means; it might mean something different to all of us. Or, they may be trying to build it up to more than it is -- it's not the first time they've messed with us.

They ALL had game-changer quotes.

Hmmm... reckon there's any chance that was by Production design? :)

It's the equivalent of a psychic doing a cold read. TPTB have already set the stage so when the Great Reveal does occur, it doesn't matter WHO the lucky winner is; each character already has his/her own personal bit which can be referenced as foreshadowing.

• Love 2

The count down has begun. The cast has started arriving in Georgia for filming. Fans have taken pictures with Andy, Norman, and the guy who plays Jesus. 

ETA: Andy reportedly told the fan he took the picture with that they start filming on May 2nd.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

I'm gonna post this here even though I was basically called a liar on another site.  A person at work told me a friend of hers knows someone that works on the show.  That somehow they are marketing who of two people would cause the least revolt if they died.  Daryl and Glenn.  That they have filmed both of those dying.  I don't know how or where this marketing part is.  I would rather Daryl go as he hasn't done anything this season and I'd like to see Glenn and Maggie have their child.  What do y'all thing?

The count down has begun. The cast has started arriving in Georgia for filming. Fans have taken pictures with Andy, Norman, and the guy who plays Jesus. 

ETA: Andy reportedly told the fan he took the picture with that they start filming on May 2nd.

TSDF said filming would either begin April 25th or May 2nd - so if they start May 2nd, Michael Cudlitz being in Italy doesn't mean Abe is the victim. The original poster said Steven Yeun, Lennie James and the other actor (can't remember) cancelled their Calgary appearance because their filming had been pushed earlier to April 25th. So I guess it's still possible they will be filming a week earlier than the others.

I'm gonna post this here even though I was basically called a liar on another site.  A person at work told me a friend of hers knows someone that works on the show.  That somehow they are marketing who of two people would cause the least revolt if they died.  Daryl and Glenn.  That they have filmed both of those dying.  I don't know how or where this marketing part is.  I would rather Daryl go as he hasn't done anything this season and I'd like to see Glenn and Maggie have their child.  What do y'all thing?

Contractually, could they get away with jerking SY and NR around like that? Stringing both along for several months and prevent them from getting their affairs in order while they do market research on whose death would be more readily borne by the fandom? Plus AL and others made comments implying that they knew exactly who it was and weren't telling.

As for being called a liar, when someone in a spoiler-crazed fandom presents information based on the fact that their "brother's roommate's best friend's uncle" works on the show or similar chains of acquaintances, people tend to be very skeptical, since that's a classic foiler red flag. Even assuming you're telling the truth, however, the more people between you and the source--and here there are two (your coworker and her friend)--the more likely it is that some wires got crossed in the telling.

Edited by Eyes High

I think that scenario is not possible. The seventh season has been outlined and all the scripts written already. They start filming either next week or the week after. Which ever character was killed off off, the decision was likely made over a year ago.

• Love 1

I don't know how they could even do "marketing" on this either.  Unless they ran polls (thru someone else) and said how would you rather die  X or Y?   But they screwed themselves IMO by doing the mystery of who died.  I don't really care who it is anymore.

• Love 2

Some people seem to think this spells trouble for Glenn, but I'm not sure. The film stars Tilda Swinton, Jake Gyllenhaal and Paul Dano, and began prinicipal photography on April 22. Not sure what principal photography consists of, but isn't it possible Steven Yeun doesn't have to be on the film set at the same time he has to be on TWD set?

I'm not so sure it really means something, but I wanted to post anyway. (Also of note, I've read SY no longer has a mustache and some feel that is significant because it took him so long to grow the one he had in the finale. For continuity purposes, he'd obviously need the mustache. I haven't seen any recent pictures of him, so I'm just going by what I read elsewhere.)

In other news, TWD is casting Ezekiel.

Steven getting that role doesn't make me think that Glenn is Negan's victim. It doesn't seem like he has a major role and the show has always accommodated the cast doing outside projects during filming. 

My suggestions for Ezekiel: Sterling Brown, Orlando Jones, Harold Perrineau, Michael K. Williams. They are all good actors who would be outstanding in the role.

Oh, Michael Cudlitz tweeted that he is in Atlanta so I am re-thinking my pick of Abraham as Negan's victim. However, it occurs to me that the actor playing Negan's victim could likely be back to film flashbacks or a dream sequence. 

59 minutes ago, jsbt said:

McDermitt would have filmed any time in the last nine months, and presumably TWD isn't back yet. So I think Eugene's got a reprieve for now.

Yeah, I didn't think he was going anywhere.  It's a huge cast of people on Twin Peaks.  Clearly not every single person on that massive list is going to be on the show every week, in every episode.  Some of them will be regulars, I assume, and others will be guest stars.  He could easily just be a guest star instead of a regular, and that is probably the case.  But just in case he turns out to be more than a guest star, then it could be cause for suspicion at some point.

Well, the other issue is that by most accounts the filming done for TP is already one and done - it's supposed to still technically be a limited series. They filmed for nine months (and likely will have two seasons' worth of material), they just wrapped and as far as anyone knows right now that is all of it, period. If it were to surprise us all and continue in the future, that'd be another story.

Edited by jsbt
(edited)

According to a TWD spoiler forum (not sure if I am allowed to name it), the spumor is that all the main cast is back in Georgia to filming RIck's "what could have been" hallucination/fantasy so photos of Steven and Norman there are not a really spoiler which is why I posted it on the Media thread. The show is being very secretive and filming at the studio a lot to prevent major leaks. A guy did use a drone to fly over and saw the Saviors' cars back in position so we know that some variation of the finale will continue. It isn't going to be very easy to figure out which of the cast before is gone unless we learn if anyone has booked a major ongoing role on another project. We might just have to wait for the screeners to leak the premiere.

I still think that it is Abraham.

Edited by SimoneS
(edited)
16 hours ago, SimoneS said:

According to a TWD spoiler forum (not sure if I am allowed to name it), the spumor is that all the main cast is back in Georgia to filming RIck's "what could have been" hallucination/fantasy so photos of Steven and Norman there are not a really spoiler which is why I posted it on the Media thread. The show is being very secretive and filming at the studio a lot to prevent major leaks. A guy did use a drone to fly over and saw the Saviors' cars back in position so we know that some variation of the finale will continue. It isn't going to be very easy to figure out which of the cast before is gone unless we learn if anyone has booked a major ongoing role on another project. We might just have to wait for the screeners to leak the premiere.

I still think that it is Abraham.

Hmm. I was leaning towards Abraham too, but the bolded part gives me pause. If true, I can't imagine Rick having a "what could've been" hallucination due to Abraham's death. He's family and he and Rick are cool, but not as close as Rick/Darryl or Rick/Glenn. 

Also, wasn't it said that Gimple and others stated that there are clues in the finale as to who dies? That their POV had significant moments in the episode? Based on this I think maybe that narrows the list down to Rosita, Michonne, Darryl and Glenn, mainly because there was the POV of those captured first, I believe, throughout the episode. 

The show can be brutal, but I really can't see them writing a woman, especially a WOC, getting her head bashed in by a white dude with a bat. Granted that doesn't mean a woman won't die, but I don't think it'll be by bat.

Anyway, that leaves all the men as potential victims of the bat. If the hallucination spumor is true, I'm now leaning towards Glenn. His death would connect more with the "what could've been" theme with Maggie being pregnant and especially so if she loses the baby during this traumatic event. 

Edited by Enero
6 hours ago, Enero said:

Hmm. I was leaning towards Abraham too, but the bolded part gives me pause. If true, I can't imagine Rick having a "what could've been" hallucination due to Abraham's death. He's family and he and Rick are cool, but not as close as Rick/Darryl or Rick/Glenn.

Rick's hallucination is of the whole group enjoying dinner or a meal. Glenn and Maggie's baby is there as is a pregnant Sasha. 

• Love 1
On 5/13/2016 at 4:34 PM, SimoneS said:

The show is being very secretive and filming at the studio a lot to prevent major leaks. A guy did use a drone to fly over and saw the Saviors' cars back in position so we know that some variation of the finale will continue.

The fact that this show pissed off so many people that guys are sending drones to the set to get the drop on them brings me endless delight.

16 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Rick's hallucination is of the whole group enjoying dinner or a meal. Glenn and Maggie's baby is there as is a pregnant Sasha. 

Hmm...

• Love 5

TSDF posted some new info about an hour or so ago.  I saw it on their Facebook page, but I'm sure it's on their website too.  It includes an unconfirmed Daryl tidbit, and also where filming was taking place (and will take place again tomorrow).

On 5/14/2016 at 3:48 PM, SimoneS said:

I haven't been following all the threads, so what is the source of this hallucination rumor?  Just curious.  Anyway, if that's the case, color me unimpressed with how they want this to unfold.  Really having a hard time caring about this show since Dumpstergate.  I was drawn back in with the Richonne development, but I really only care about what happens to Carol and Carl at this point.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/13/2016 at 0:16 PM, peach said:

Can you imagine if you were in a car accident and flippin' DARYL AND GLENN helped save you? I would think I was dead, hallucinating, or fell into the other side of the tv into the zombie apocalypse thanking my lucky stars the good guys found me first. A happy coincidence involving actors from my favorite show would be like possibility 736.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 4
On 5/19/2016 at 8:19 AM, The Mighty Peanut said:

Can you imagine if you were in a car accident and flippin' DARYL AND GLENN helped save you? I would think I was dead, hallucinating, or fell into the other side of the tv into the zombie apocalypse thanking my lucky stars the good guys found me first. A happy coincidence involving actors from my favorite show would be like possibility 736.

That's exactly what I told my husband.  I'd be wondering how hard I hit my head.  lol  One of them would be surreal enough, but for TWO characters to be standing there would be super weird.  This reminded me of when some woman got lost while hiking in Wyoming, and Harrison Ford rescued her in his helicopter.  Another time to think you were hallucinating.

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 6:08 AM, kia112 said:

The fact that this show pissed off so many people that guys are sending drones to the set to get the drop on them brings me endless delight.

Yasss!  Hahahaha. Maybe next time the drone guys (or gals) will drop some walker guts on them.

• Love 2

People are seriously using drones?? Talk about have way too much free time in your life.

Also, I think the death was already shot. I just doesn't make much sense to have everyone get into that emotional state from S6 finale again.

• Love 4
On May 22, 2016 at 7:06 PM, Milks26 said:

People are seriously using drones?? Talk about have way too much free time in your life.

Also, I think the death was already shot. I just doesn't make much sense to have everyone get into that emotional state from S6 finale again.

I'm expecting TPTB pulled a J.R. - i.e., did takes of several different endings so that not even the cast could be sure which ending would actually make it to air.

• Love 2

I can't imagine them not. They're jackasses, and they have no idea what their audience WANTS, but they certainly do know what their audience is willing to DO. They'll shoot multiple versions. I wouldn't be surprised if they shot a version with every single person there. It's whatever. We'll find out in October, and probably a few fucks will be given, but not half as many as would have been if they just did it non-stupidly in the first place. Meh.

• Love 2
On 5/15/2016 at 9:08 AM, kia112 said:

I don't know if it has much to do with people being pissed off. That type of thing would happen even if everyone had loved the cliffhanger. If anything it just reminds me that some take this show too seriously.

On 5/20/2016 at 9:48 PM, SnarkyTart said:

Yasss!  Hahahaha. Maybe next time the drone guys (or gals) will drop some walker guts on them.

On who? I'm confused.

On 5/16/2016 at 1:23 PM, peach said:

I haven't been following all the threads, so what is the source of this hallucination rumor?  Just curious.  Anyway, if that's the case, color me unimpressed with how they want this to unfold.  Really having a hard time caring about this show since Dumpstergate.  I was drawn back in with the Richonne development, but I really only care about what happens to Carol and Carl at this point.

So did the story sour you on Richonne?

I still care about most of the characters, I just have given up on expecting the writing that they deserve. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

I don't know if it has much to do with people being pissed off. That type of thing would happen even if everyone had loved the cliffhanger. If anything it just reminds me that some take this show too seriously.

I'm not deep in the spoiling community, but I heard that people were making it their mission to find out what happened in a way that didn't happen with, say, the season 4 finale. But this could be some people talking out of their butt, though.

(edited)
5 hours ago, kia112 said:

I'm not deep in the spoiling community, but I heard that people were making it their mission to find out what happened in a way that didn't happen with, say, the season 4 finale. But this could be some people talking out of their butt, though.

I'm sure they are, but people have always tried to find spoilers. Maybe it's worse now, I don't know.

Personally, if I'm that upset by a show, I either stop watching, or I just complain a lot on a message board. I don't see it as some sort of big feud. I think some people think the show personally betrayed them and it's all some sort of melodramatic outrage. To me, if anyone takes it that seriously that they need to use drones, then I'd say they are just doing the show's work for them and justifying the show's cliffhanger, which presumably is the last thing they wanted to do. 

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 5/16/2016 at 1:23 PM, peach said:

I was drawn back in with the Richonne development, but I really only care about what happens to Carol and Carl at this point.

This means when season seven starts you will only comment about Carol and Carl since you don't care about any other stories or characters on the show? People don't comment about things they don't care about.

On 5/23/2016 at 6:03 PM, Lii said:

They're jackasses, and they have no idea what their audience WANTS, but they certainly do know what their audience is willing to DO.

TWD is the number one scripted drama in the key 18-49 demo on tv so obviously Gimple knows what the audience wants. The complaints and hysteria of a few vocal online fans means absolutely nothing compared to entertaining the millions who watch the show. The problem is that too many online fans think that entertainment means that they get everything that they want, the way that they want it and that their opinions represent all of the audience. So when the show doesn't cater to their every whim, it means that they are in some personal feud with the showrunners. It is all a lack of perspective and if a show gets anyone worked up to this point, it really is time to stop watching. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 6

People...remember to respect other's opinions, however different they may be, and be CIVIL!! Please do not attack or claim someone is "moderating" someone else just because you don't agree with them. That's my job, to do the moderating, as in let's moderate this conversation so it stays civil, respectful and doesn't lead to personal attacks.

Thanks.

• Love 6

TWD had been doing a great job at keeping the show under wraps so far. They are supposedly filming in the studio and also at Tyler Perry's studios which has locked down the spoilers from leaking. I though we would know who was killed based on the actors' projects, but unless there are releases, this is difficult to figure out. I think that we likely won't know for sure who was killed until a screener leaks the premiere.

(edited)

I don't think the finale rage is based entirely on spoiled fans not getting exactly what they wanted. The drones thing is just nerds going too far to prove a point (though I'll happily eat up their spoilers like the succulent flesh off the still living body of a truly unfortunate human being), and the extreme troll element, i.e., the people who threaten the showrunners' families, are just fucking total idiots. But IMO fans LOVE a good finale, including cliffhangers, and will happily take to the twitters and the tumblrs to say so.

I realize these examples are not end of season finales (IIRC), but when TWD does it right--the Richonne hook-up, Carol's attack on Terminus, the revelation of Sophia as a zombie--people online generally will react positively, even if it wasn't everything they wanted. Regarding finales, for example, I personally didn't like the strange static-y shots from Shane's POV as he turned, but the ending had enough to satisfy me. Not knowing where they would go after leaving the farm with Shane dead and Andrea staring up at a mysterious hooded samurai woman was a cliffhanger that had just enough mystery and devastation to leave me wanting more. And I feel like the vast majority of viewers have historically have had similar reactions to the finales over the years. Same with the prison. Of course I wanted to know if Judith was ok and how the group was split, where Beth went, how Glenn would get out of his predicament, etc. But...it was an exciting want.

Whereas this finale just seemed poorly executed and kind of intentionally fuck you-ish to the audience. It reminded me of the Sopranos series finale without any of the nuance. And when the vast, vast majority agrees...I have a hard time believing it's just the spoiled fandom that feels this way. IMO it's a good gauge of how the entire demographic felt. 

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 11
(edited)

Michael Cudlitz attended the Wizard World Comic Con in Sacramento over the weekend. This is me with him:

cudlitz_zpsbaql3mt1.jpg

As you can see, even if Abraham is a goner, Cudlitz is committed to the Abe-stache for the time being. His hair wasn't as orange as it is for the show, but if they're on a filming break, that color fades quickly and that could explain why, even if he didn't get Lucille (it's still cut in the Abe 'do, too). I asked him if he has people asking him about it every day, and he chuckled and said that he just tells them that the cast is going to miss poor little Judith. Heh.

He was EXTREMELY chatty, however, and if he's not on the show anymore, he certainly talks about it in the present tense, very casually, as if he's still in the cast (and is an even better actor than I thought). I also asked him about how he manages to deliver Abe's dialog without dying laughing, and he again chuckled and said that he considers him a post-apocalyptic poet (he totally was being sarcastic) and said that Josh (McDermitt) gives him crap all the time about the stuff he gets stuck saying.

He is supremely nice, I must say... pretty much what you'd hope for if you got five minutes to talk to him.

Edited by Nutjob
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, Nutjob said:

I asked him if he has people asking him about it every day, and he chuckled and said that he just tells them that the cast is going to miss poor little Judith. Heh.

Ha!  Ok, that is a pretty damn funny response. 

• Love 4