Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

"I'm sorry. I can't. Don't hate me" seems like something Carol might write in her current frame of mind, heh.

A Daryl/Carol argument (or a Morgan/Carol argument) could be the breaking point. We know from Romain that Daryl and Carol have at least one other scene in 6x14 other than the scene from the sneak preview. It must be the blowout from hell if it leads Carol to ditch out on Alexandria.

On the one hand, it feels like one of them has to go at that point, it being the season finale and all. On the other hand, it does seem as if the show's not done with Morgan and Carol's journey together.

Given that two whole months have elapsed since that injury, I'd say Daryl's safe. Doesn't mean that Carol won't be cut with an infected knife, though.

Maybe Carol will write "I'm sorry... I'm just not that into you" on a note for Tobin or something.  ;)

I just remembered the scene with Daryl getting cut tonight, but I do recall thinking at the time the episode aired that it was foreshadowing something when it was mentioned -- simply because we didn't see Daryl getting cut, and yet it was pointed out by Sasha to show us all that a wound was there.

As you said, Daryl is fine and dandy, but now that TSDF has revealed that Morgan finds Carol with some sort of wound... I have to wonder if an infected knife is involved somewhere, somehow.

Didn't Daryl get patched up by Denise at the end of No Way Out? Perhaps the cut was just used to show the start of the Daryl/Denise bonding. 

He did get patched up.  He's fine.  It's just that the way the cut was introduced and shot (when we did not see it happen) seemed odd to me at the time -- like they wanted to make a point of letting us know that one of Negan's guys cut Daryl, even though we didn't see it happen.  Something just felt odd about the way it was brought up.  That wouldn't be shocking, except for the little detail about supposedly infected knives used by the Saviors in the comics.  That snippet of the episode seemed strange to me even before I knew/heard anything about infected knives.   So the "infected knives" thing could come into play at some point later on, with another character, or maybe it will be mentioned by a random Savior somewhere.

Since we're crossing stuff between comics and the show:

I thought the comics referenced infected arrows/crossbow bolts, not knives.

Not that the TV Production crew couldn't mix things up a bit, if they so chose.

That could very well be the case -- I am not a comics reader, but instead have just gotten synopses of the comics from people who have read them, or I have read online tidbits here and there.  So I don't know the full context, or anything about the part of the story where those particular things are brought in.  I didn't even know if anything was a spoiler, because I had no idea if it was actually 100% accurate or what kinds of scenes might have included infected knives, etc.  All I know was that I remember thinking "Wonder what that's all about" when Sasha pointed out Daryl's cut and we hadn't seen him get cut, and then later on I learned about the supposedly infected knives (or whatever) -- but nothing about how they were/are used in the comics, if at all.

Edited by Sherry67

Wow.  It would take a really, REALLY big hand wave to accept a story about infected knives.  These people have copious amounts of zombie gore absorbed into every pore, cut, scratch, eyeball, ear, nose, and throat, and they don't get sick.

He did get patched up.  He's fine.  It's just that the way the cut was introduced and shot (when we did not see it happen) seemed odd to me at the time --

I agree that they make a point of this kind of minor injury (by their standards).  But I thought the important part was symbolic.  He was wounded in one of his angel wings.  I don't really know what that means, but I take it that Daryl is going to suffer.

Edited by peach
  • Love 2

Can't say I'm happy to have been right on the character death.

I wouldn't be surprised if another "big" character besides Glenn bit the big one in the finale. Carol, Morgan, Abe and Daryl are all possible candidates, in my opinion.

I am actually kind of glad. After the whole "I'll tell you when you get back" scene, I figured Tara was a goner. I am glad that it's not her. So, now I am wondering, does Daryl kill her. Friendly fire of course, but it would explain what seemed like a wierd attempt to show them bonding?

Maybe it's just a regular old human infection like tetanus? I mean if the supplies of vaccines are limited for that kind of thing now, maybe they will be more susceptible to old skool infections. And I'd even wager that Daryl might never have had a tetanus shot in his life.

• Love 1

I am actually kind of glad. After the whole "I'll tell you when you get back" scene, I figured Tara was a goner. I am glad that it's not her. So, now I am wondering, does Daryl kill her. Friendly fire of course, but it would explain what seemed like a wierd attempt to show them bonding?

Daryl does not kill Denise. Dwight kills Denise with Daryl's crossbow, and Daryl is apoplectic with rage and guilt over this in 6x15. Thus the sneak peek scene with Daryl and Carol explicitly reminding us that Daryl left Dwight alive despite having an opportunity to kill him. This show doesn't really do subtle.

Spoil the Dead has now indicated that Eugene and Abraham have an argument and that the note Carol leaves is "seemingly" for Daryl. Romain did say that a couple breaks up this episode, so I'm guessing that Carol and Tobin call it quits one way or another.

The poor Caryl shippers are going to be like the Homer/curse bit.

TWD: Carol and Daryl have more than one scene together!

Shippers: That's good!

TWD: Carol is still with Tobin.

Shippers: That's bad.

TWD: Carol breaks up with Tobin.

Shippers: That's good!

TWD: Carol also "breaks up" with Daryl.

Shippers: That's bad.

TWD: Carol is still extremely depressed.

Shippers: ...

TWD: That's bad.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

Yes, it was infected arrows in the comics. And that didn't happen till YEARS after the point we are currently at in the show. 

I'm curious about Carol/Morgan interaction. It seems like they're drawing a lot of parallels between Morgan and Carol. Will Carol go super pacifist like Morgan? Will she find a balance? It's weird because I thought for sure that this season would have Rick pulled between Morgan and Carol's differing philosophies but, it seems the focus is more on Morgan/Carol as characters, Rick doesn't factor in at all. Really didn't expect that when I learned that Morgan was coming back.

I know LJ doesnt like grass to grow under his feet but I don't think TPTB would've brought him on as a main character if he wasn't willing to commit for at least a couple of seasons.

He is probably pissed about how his character has been ruined.

• Love 3

As far as who from the core group will die on TV either in the season ender or afterwards, you have to wonder: will TPTB kill someone on the show who happens to still be alive in the comics? I don't read the comics. But I just saw above that the comics go on for years (?) after the point in time we are in on TV. Yes, I know the TV show does not track the comic. Still, will they kill someone on TV in the season ender that is still alive in the comic?

He is probably pissed about how his character has been ruined.

Does he think that or just viewers? I'm betting he's intrigued by his character's metamorphosis. Even though viewers might find Morgan to be a train wreck I wouldn't be surprised if LJ finds the character interesting and complex something that many actors enjoy exploring with their craft.

As far as who from the core group will die on TV either in the season ender or afterwards, you have to wonder: will TPTB kill someone on the show who happens to still be alive in the comics? I don't read the comics. But I just saw above that the comics go on for years (?) after the point in time we are in on TV. Yes, I know the TV show does not track the comic. Still, will they kill someone on TV in the season ender that is still alive in the comic?

Yes. They can. I believe Andrea is still alive in the comics but of course she's dead on the show.

• Love 3

They have a smorgasbord from which to choose of TV characters who never existed in the comics (Daryl, e.g.) or who are already dead in the comics by the time Lucille gets busy, namely Carol, Abraham, and Morgan. I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of these four die in addition to Glenn in the finale. Things don't seem to be looking good for Carol in particular, judging from the TSDF finale snippet that had Carol wounded, extremely weak from blood loss, and far away from the only real medical help available (Dr. Harlan at Hilltop).

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

They have a smorgasbord from which to choose of TV characters who never existed in the comics (Daryl, e.g.) or who are already dead in the comics by the time Lucille gets busy, namely Carol, Abraham, and Morgan. I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of these four die in addition to Glenn in the finale. Things don't seem to be looking good for Carol in particular, judging from the TSDF finale snippet that had Carol wounded, extremely weak from blood loss, and far away from the only real medical help available (Dr. Harlan at Hilltop).

This season of the show is definitely painting several characters in such a way to where it seems like they are about to get killed (if not by Lucille, then in some way) or suffer a terrible fate of some sort, and Carol is certainly one of them.  They can't all be killed right now -- especially not all in the same episode -- so I do wonder which one(s) it will be. 

I still think that Morgan is likely to be a casualty in the finale -- Gimple and the writers probably don't realize that so many viewers dislike Morgan now (though I am not one of them!!), and so they will think that his death will be powerful and sorrowful, and will resonate deeply with the viewers and have everyone thinking that there needs to be some peace and harmony for a change.  I may be the only sad one when/if Morgan dies, but I think his time is coming soon (though probably not from Lucille).

Did you see the foiler that popped up somewhere and then spread to a couple of sites in the last day or two? Apparently it originated on Reddit and was swiftly taken down, but it was debunked by TSDF and deemed to be false.  It seemed to expand a bit on what we already know of Morgan and Carol sharing scenes together in the finale, as well as play on her fate in the comics.  The foiler said that Carol ultimately ends up killing Morgan when he tells her that he met the Wolves before they invaded Alexandria and let them live.  Supposedly she kills Morgan and then lets Walker Morgan kill/eat her (which sounds all kinds of silly).  And then the foiler also says that Glenn is the one who meets Lucille, and that the scene won't be quite as graphic as it is in the comics, but that it is 100% clear that Glenn is dead.

There are always so many foilers before a really big episode of any show, and before the season or series finales of shows.  I remember all of the foilers running wild before the last episode of True Blood a couple of years ago.  I don't think any of them turned out to be accurate, and if they did it was just a coincidence.  I always wonder if these foilers are taken down so immediately because there are some elements of truth in them, or if they are taken down because they are completely bogus.

Edited to add:  Now someone in an IMDB thread is saying that Morgan is the one to meet Lucille, and that she/he "actually received confirmation from a source who was spying on the set while this scene was being filmed. It's Morgan."   Ah, the foilers.  Gotta love them.  Some of them have Daryl dying via Lucille.  Some of them have Glenn dying via Lucille.  Now it's Morgan.

Edited by Sherry67

...The graphic novel is basically a 'cinematic' abbatoir. That was a major reason for its early onset phenomenonal impact.

Multi-varied harsh blunt acts of VIOLENCE layered upon one another scaffold Kirkman's written word.

However, the  translation to this visual media needs subtleties, nuances,..., and layers... as well as illustrations of human frailties, strengths, and  interactions. Therefore, THIS 'un'imaginable reality must portray acts of horror(s)  and acts of caring--of grim humanE  resilience.

OMG. That clip...

My ship is better than I ever imagined.  HALP /swoon

That was full-on Richonne, wasn't it?  They were snuggled and spooning in bed, giggling, looking very comfy.... That was almost more intimate than when they first consummated their love!

There are a lot of people getting together this season.  It almost seems like it's not real; like it's some sort of dream or fantasy.

• Love 3

There are a lot of people getting together this season.  It almost seems like it's not real; like it's some sort of dream or fantasy.

It makes sense though. This is the first time since the prison that they have been able to stop and take a breath. They feel relatively safe and make connections with each other and others. It finally feels like the show is reaching a balance with the characters. They now feel like real human beings experiencing love and relationship drama along with the horror of their world.

• Love 6

It makes sense though. This is the first time since the prison that they have been able to stop and take a breath. They feel relatively safe and make connections with each other and others. It finally feels like the show is reaching a balance with the characters. They now feel like real human beings experiencing love and relationship drama along with the horror of their world.

Yes, definitely.  They got to a place where they could let a bit of normalcy into their lives again (beds, showers, food, etc.), and now everyone is kind of taking a second look around at the people they're with and seeing them in a new light.

Daryl even has cleaner hair for a change!! 

Based on the end of tonight's episode, and the spoilers about Carol being injured when Morgan finds her, I'm not sure if she and Tobin will rekindle that short-lived flame or if it will be extinguished forever.  If Carol is not about to die, then it certainly seems like there is a lot of build-up to something big happening to her.

• Love 1

This has been mentioned before, in assorted places, but the biblical/religious symbolism and references seem to be sneaking in here and there this season -- and when I saw the apple my mind instantly went right to Adam and Eve.

• Love 4

This has been mentioned before, in assorted places, but the biblical/religious symbolism and references seem to be sneaking in here and there this season -- and when I saw the apple my mind instantly went right to Adam and Eve.

Assuming Jesus provided the apple/s since he was mentioned in the clip. Unfortunately with the Adam/Eve symbolism this could mean Rick/Michonne and the others before the fall, ala Adam and Eve.

I'll just go in my corner now and enjoy the feels before the sh*t inevitably hits the fan.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 3

Three words: regular hot showers.

• Love 5

YES! More Richonne sex!

I still can't get over how happier Rick is with Michonne than he ever was with Lori.

That's just what I was thinking!

• Love 3

I still can't get over how happier Rick is with Michonne than he ever was with Lori.

To be fair, Rick looked pretty happy when he and Lori had that nice emotional and sexual reunion in their tent in season one. Unfortunately, things quickly went downhill from there. Maybe if they had found a place like Alexandria soon after, they would have been able to patch things up and save their marriage. I have my doubts.though. 

It is great to see Rick and Michonne so happy and relaxed before everything goes to shit. I knew they would be a wonderful couple, but I didn't expect all these intimate scenes, I definitely approve.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

YES! More Richonne sex!

That's just what I was thinking!

Rick and Michonne have clean slates with each other. They accept each other exactly as they are. They have helped each other and supported each other.  I think that's why they are so happy with each other. Rick and Lori would have failed no matter what because of Shane.

• Love 1

What are we thinking about Norman Reedus, Scott Gimple and Robert Kirkman confirmed as the TD guests for the finale? Daryl dies? Glenn dies? Daryl and Glenn die?

We know that Dwight appears to shoot Daryl at point-blank range at the end of 6x15, but we also know that Norman Reedus was filming for the finale, and it would be cheap to have a Daryl death fakeout followed by his death in the following episode. (At least if Glenn dies, the fakeout and his actual death would have 8+ episodes between them.)

Rick and Michonne have clean slates with each other. They accept each other exactly as they are. They have helped each other and supported each other.  I think that's why they are so happy with each other. Rick and Lori would have failed no matter what because of Shane.

I am responding to this on the Love in the Time of Walkers thread.

What are we thinking about Norman Reedus, Scott Gimple and Robert Kirkman confirmed as the TD guests for the finale? Daryl dies? Glenn dies? Daryl and Glenn die?

We know that Dwight appears to shoot Daryl at point-blank range at the end of 6x15, but we also know that Norman Reedus was filming for the finale, and it would be cheap to have a Daryl death fakeout followed by his death in the following episode. (At least if Glenn dies, the fakeout and his actual death would have 8+ episodes between them.)

At this point, I'm reluctant to read too much into guest appearances on TD. Was NR on TD after last season's finale? I don't remember but thought that I read that somewhere. There so much speculation - and secrecy - about who gets Lucilled that it is possible to make an argument for nearly every scenario. I don't think that both Daryl and Glenn will be killed. (That would be awful.)

My guess:

either Daryl or Glenn meets Lucille

and another member of the core group dies in some other manner - possible candidates: Morgan, Abraham, Rosita or (hopefully not) Carol.

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 1

I don't think that Daryl dies, but it is even odds that Glenn does. However, based on their track record, I do not see them following the graphic novels so closely. I love Abraham, but I think that he is likely to die. All I know is that I will be distraught.

• Love 2

What would be the point in all the stupid game playing and hand-holding regarding Glenn's "death" if they're just going to kill a different main character? Other than pissing off fans, of course. Ugh.

Laurie Holden was on the couch with the EP/showrunner and Kirkman for the season 3 season 2 finale...so maybe Daryl is definitely going to die next season!

Edited by indeed

I'm inclined to think that Glenn doesn't die simply because of the stupid, fake-out death earlier this season. IMO, that was a poor choice in his story arc. I can't quite believe that they would tease us with his death...then say "ha ha, fooled you" ...only to really and truly kill him a few months later. But then again, this is coming from the same crowd that gave us Beth and the hospital story line.

Lauren Cohan's "story-related" (or however she put it) haircut is all but confirmation that Glenn bites it, in my opinion. The only real question for me is whether someone else is going to die as well. Carol and Morgan, pacifists in a world about to erupt into open war where the only survivors will be people willing to kill, don't seem like they have much to contribute to the big conflict that's coming; it kind of feels as if both of their plotlines are winding down, unless they get something new to do. With that said, I don't think three big characters would all get offed in the same episode.

As for Carol vs. Morgan getting the axe, on the one hand, Carol's story feels to me like it's nearing its natural conclusion. On the other hand, Morgan feels to me as if he's there to advance Carol's story, not the other way around.

Edited by Eyes High

It's not that fake-out death, but the way TPTB handled the situation. Would they kill Daryl without anything close to the kid glove treatment they did over Glenn (and he didn't even die)? Gimple immediately reassured fans and SY even had a special message to the fans, but oh well any other main character that may actually die--your fans have the hiatus to get over it. Kirkman will be sure to say something super insensitive sitting next to NR during TD if Daryl is the death.

So, the antics alone make me more than ready for Glenn's death. That was beyond ridiculous for the show where anybody can die!

Edited by indeed
  • Love 1

It's not that fake-out death, but the way TPTB handled the situation. Would they kill Daryl without anything close to the kid glove treatment they did over Glenn (and he didn't even die)? Gimple immediately reassured fans and SY even had a special message to the fans, but oh well any other main character that may actually die--your fans have the hiatus to get over it. Kirkman will be sure to say something super insensitive sitting next to NR during TD if Daryl is the death.

Judging from his past appearances, I think we can safely say that Kirkman will act like a dick on Talking Dead no matter who dies.

• Love 10

I am going to be royally pissed off if Glenn dies and he is not on Talking Dead. Seriously. Besides Rick, we've been with Glenn the longest and I want a final chance to hang out with Steven Yeun.

FWIW, I think Laurie Holden was on an episode or two before she died. I'm pretty sure the Season 3 finale had Reedus and Chad Coleman on the Talking Dead couch (that was the episode where the whacked caller warned everyone the end was near).

• Love 1

Ah, sorry, you're right. That was for season 2's finale. So, never mind.

IIRC (ha) Talking Dead has had more than three guests before, so it's possible they could squeeze in an appearance by somebody (else?) who dies that isn't Daryl, but yeah, that would be very crowded on that couch for the finale.

Rick and Michonne in bed is the best ever.  But eating an apple?  Bleh.  I'm not a food in bed person and the thought of apple juice dribbling all over the sheets icked me out. 

when I saw the apple my mind instantly went right to Adam and Eve.

Yeah, that too.  I think it's annoying. 

• Love 1

Rick and Michonne in bed is the best ever.  But eating an apple?  Bleh.  I'm not a food in bed person and the thought of apple juice dribbling all over the sheets icked me out. 

Someone on another site explained to me that apples are considered breath fresheners when one doesn't have toothpaste or a chance to brush. Considering how much Michonne loves to brush her teeth, I think the apple was a great idea. As I wrote on the other site, I'm always taken out of a scene when characters start kissing or talking in each other's faces the second after they wake up.

Re: Maggie's hair. Spoil the Dead has reported Maggie wants a new haircut and asks Enid to cut it in episode 15. I haven't read the comics, but I assumed Maggie's haircut was a response to her grief over Glenn's death. This spoiler sounds like she just wants a new haircut. So either it's another fake out to make people believe Glenn is safe in episode 16 (since the haircut has nothing to do with his death), or he isn't the one dying. But if this is a cliffhanger, it looks like the show runners can see how contract stuff goes over the hiatus and Lucille anyone.

• Love 2