Type keyword(s) to search

LSSC: Season Four Episode Talk

• Start Topic

(edited)

The Real News Tonight segment was hilarious, scary and sad all at the same time. 

Re: Biden’s comment about fundamentally nothing changing for the wealthy if he’s elected POTUS - he’s a gaffe machine. The people working in his campaign are doing a bad job...

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I liked the lady that kept giving the Nazi salute.

My favorite was the guy who said, "I'd look pretty stupid if I didn't know who that was"...and then guessed it was Washington. 

I also got a kick out of the person who said something about Trump's wife being Ivanka. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Re: to the question why Trump didn't win the popular vote if Russia interfered--the question is how much more of the popular vote would he have lost without it. Enough to overcome gerrymandering and members of the electoral college who didn't follow the popular vote in their states, I'm guessing.

• Love 6

I’ve never been a big fan of Jim Anchorton and Jill Newslady, but they were great at the rally! The two of them dancing in front of the empty seats was classic. I hope they’re able to go out in the field more in the future. 

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

“The only separation we want to see is your family from the White House!” - Colbert

barney stinson burn GIF

I actually shouted, "YES!" and woke my mom at that part :p. 

Great monologue. I also loved when Stephen talked about how our country needs to live up to the high ideals we boast about. Those guys tweeting about how the pirates and the Taliban gave them soap were both brilliant and a really, really sad reflection of just how fucked up things are here. 

Also, yay for that Ravelry group. 

• Love 10
(edited)

First Trevor Noah live, then Colbert. I’d call that a great night!

I just knew Beto was going to be the butt of all the jokes when he started speaking in Spanish. He really made me cringe tonight. 😬

Loved AOC’s take on the debate and totally agree - Warren, Castro and Booker did great. I think she’s wise not to throw her endorsement to anyone just yet. It’s still too early anyway, but there are definitely some stand outs (also some who just need to drop out already).

I knew Kellyanne didn’t show up despite being subpoenaed, but I didn’t know she did an interview with Fox News the very same day. This administration’s complete lack of respect is so disgusting. I really wish more could be done to hold them accountable for their actions, but it seems like they can just do whatever they want without consequences. 

I noticed that when the audience member said, “lock her up,” Colbert jumped in and sweetly but seriously said “please don’t say that, we don’t do that here.” 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 7

I freaking lost it at Stephen's take on China "wiping us around the world" :D. That was hilarious. Just thinking about it now still has me giggling. /secretly 12 years old

4 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Loved AOC’s take on the debate and totally agree - Warren, Castro and Booker did great. I think she’s wise not to throw her endorsement to anyone just yet. It’s still too early anyway, but there are definitely some stand outs (also some who just need to drop out already).

Agreed on all of this. Always nice to see AOC-she's so thoughtful and honest with her take on things. 

I knew Kellyanne didn’t show up despite being subpoenaed, but I didn’t know she did an interview with Fox News the very same day. This administration’s complete lack of respect is so disgusting. I really wish more could be done to hold them accountable for their actions, but it seems like they can just do whatever they want without consequences. 

I loved AOC comparing Kellyanne not showing up to calling in sick to work only to be caught somewhere else. So true. I hope they do hold her responsible for not showing up, 'cause yeah, that's some kind of bullshit right there. 

On a lighter note, hearing Incubus' song "Drive" took me right back to high school. That band's seriously been around twenty years already? 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

On a lighter note, hearing Incubus' song "Drive" took me right back to high school. That band's seriously been around twenty years already? 

I felt some serious nostalgia during that performance. The 90s was something else. Can’t believe it’s been 20 years!

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I noticed that when the audience member said, “lock her up,” Colbert jumped in and sweetly but seriously said “please don’t say that, we don’t do that here.” 

"Give her a fair trial" just isn't as fun to chant.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

LOL at that "Golden Candidates" bit at the beginning :D. 

Loved the analysis, both from Stephen and his guests, of Harris' performance at the debate tonight. Yep. Pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. My local station cut in with storm coverage, so I missed the second half of the interview with Christie. Will have to go watch that back later online. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Chris Christie and Colbert have good chemistry, oddly enough. I'm not a fan of Christie AT ALL, but I mostly agreed with all of his analysis about the Democratic debates, and found myself laughing when he said, "we should say goodbye to Chuck Todd." 😂 Ugh, finally someone said it! I can't stand Chuck Todd. Colbert's reaction to him saying that was cute, lol.

Kamala Harris absolutely owned the stage last night. Biden seemed shocked, which gave off a sense of entitlement on his part. It's as if he thought being the front-runner would allow him to glide through the debate mostly unscathed. He didn't seem prepared for that line of attack when he absolutely should've been. He could've and should've responded much differently than he did. 

All that being said, it's still early. I don't think Biden's going to get knocked out of first place for now. I think Harris is going to go up in the polls. We'll see.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 11

Right after they broke for commercials following the first (I guess?) Christie bit, the screen went completely black and there was no sound until a few minutes into Corden. WTF. Colbert? No "Girl from Ipanema"?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ABay said:

Right after they broke for commercials following the first (I guess?) Christie bit, the screen went completely black and there was no sound until a few minutes into Corden. WTF. Colbert? No "Girl from Ipanema"?

I paid my electric bill, so I got to see the entire episode.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

found myself laughing when he said, "we should say goodbye to Chuck Todd." 😂 Ugh, finally someone said it! I can't stand Chuck Todd. Colbert's reaction to him saying that was cute, lol.

Right? Stephen was hilarious wearing the Chuck Todd goatee during the monologue, too!

• Love 6
8 hours ago, ABay said:

That happened to a friend of mine in NY state Wednesday night. They have Optimum as their cable provider. It was back by morning so still not sure what happened.

• Useful 2
14 hours ago, ABay said:

It happened to me too.   Fortunately, we have CBS All Access (to see Star Trek Discovery and Twilight Zone) so we switched over to that and saw the end.   We have Charter Spectrum as our cable provider.   No idea what happened.

• Love 3

The rerun of the June 17 (S4 E165) show is airing.
I rarely LOL at TV, but this set me off, after which I felt validated when I could hear Jon Batiste doing the same laugh:

image.png.cae74cace71ff5261a96046750d329fc.png

Laughter is subjective, but most of us who identify with the LSSC probably feel guilty for letting the water run when we brush our teeth and feel guilty when AOC calls us out on anything.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

“Trump doesn’t like the squad. He’s in the rival gang: The Klan.”

70BB8F57-BF25-41B2-8F10-11E88EFA421A.gif

SC and the writers were in fine form last night!

I'm fairly new to the show, and at the risk of irritating mods....what I "hope" happens every night is more camera time on the drummer, Joe Saylor....lawdy, he's pretty!

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

I'm fairly new to the show, and at the risk of irritating mods....what I "hope" happens every night is more camera time on the drummer, Joe Saylor....lawdy, he's pretty!

You need to see the episode where they gave Joe Saylor his own TV Series. Does anybody remember what episode that was?

Never mind it was on Youtube

Edited by AnimeMania
Added video.
  • Love 8
(edited)

I don't think I've ever seen a Ricky Gervais interview where he didn't talk about his atheism.  Certainly never on LSSC.

Can we expect to see him later this week on Rescue Dog Rescue?

16 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Pretty much sums it up. Bless you, Stephen. That rant was fantastic. 

Unfortunately, the people who most need to hear it aren't listening.

Edited by meowmommy
  • Love 7
46 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Unfortunately, the people who most need to hear it aren't listening.

I think SC knows he's preaching to the choir, and sometimes the choir needs a little pep talk lest we get too disheartened by all the crap out there.

• Love 11

I absolutely love that the current generation of late-night talk show hosts seem bound and determined not to let network rivalries get out of hand like they did during the Leno years.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

You need to see the episode where they gave Joe Saylor his own TV Series. Does anybody remember what episode that was?

Never mind it was on Youtube

🤣😂🤣😂. Thank you for that!!!  It was really fun!

• Love 4

Yes, it was :D. "Oh, look! A bunny!" 

Liked his take on the Epstein story, too. Yeah, somebody clearly really needs to explain to Trump the concept of, "Once something is recorded in some form, it's out there forever." 

Also, I love the show's graphic and music when talking about "The Squad". 

• Love 8
On 7/16/2019 at 5:53 PM, Miss Dee said:

I absolutely love that the current generation of late-night talk show hosts seem bound and determined not to let network rivalries get out of hand like they did during the Leno years.

The whole "let's pretend I'm the only late night show" is so stupid.  It's always such hoot to see them cross visit each other.  In the end, it might gain the other guy some new viewers!  With the magic of DVR, I can watch both!!!!

I didn't know Chris Cuomo from Adam till he was on Colbert.  Now, he's my nightly news dude.

My favorite local radio "shock jock" broke down those doors years ago. He has other radio and local TV competitors on his show, calls them or shows up during their live fluff spots (like the State Fair) to mess with them.  It's all in good fun and a win-win on both sides.  As a result, when there is a serious issue to talk about, he has a whole cadre of newscasters to talk to. 

He has also skewered the local Mayors in interviews, but they still give him their personal cell numbers.  The politicians  that won't talk to him must really lose out on a lot of votes.   If you can't stand the heat of a blunt convo with a guy that doesn't kiss your ass, then go away!

There's a couple of local news personalities that their old school stick- in- the mud bosses won't let them visit with Russ.  He (rightfully) rags on them and I take that network off my watchlist.  

• Love 4

Are we back to reruns already? After just a week?  The dumbass DISH screen schedule people are too lazy to be accurate.. Last night didn't record.  I had to change the settings from "record NEW shows" to "record ALL".  

Really? People?  Hmmm.  Wonder why we're cutting the $100/mo cord?

2 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Are we back to reruns already? After just a week?  The dumbass DISH screen schedule people are too lazy to be accurate.. Last night didn't record.  I had to change the settings from "record NEW shows" to "record ALL".  

Really? People?  Hmmm.  Wonder why we're cutting the $100/mo cord?

Dish and U-verse lost CBS. It’s gone from our line up. It’s disgusting!  If they don’t fix this mess this week, I’m going back to Comcast. I

I still have CBS where I am through U-Verse luckily the local affiliate isn't owned by one of the companies currently involved in the disputes. There was a new episode last night. Here's the lineup for the week.

*Monday, July 22

Jake Gyllenhaal; Marianne Williamson (n)

*Tuesday, July 23

Sec. Julián Castro; Tony Hale; musical performance by Nilüfer Yanya (n)

*Wednesday, July 24

Chris Wallace; Jamie Bell (n)

*Thursday, July 25

Jeff Goldblum; Aisha Tyler (n)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Dish and U-verse lost CBS. It’s gone from our line up. It’s disgusting!  If they don’t fix this mess this week, I’m going back to Comcast. I

For those with multi-year contracts to their cable providers, you can try putting a Mohu Leaf antenna in your window and then unscrewing the input cable to your TV and swapping it out with the antenna cable. You may have to scan for channels at that point. If digital HD-quality CBS comes in over the air, you may want to invest a few bucks in a cable splitter and a switch so you can easily switch between cable and over-the-air. Sometimes a helpful cable guy will set it up for you —especially if you live alone and look like his grandmother, as I do, heh. 

• Love 6